Written by chas
1. We admitted we were powerless over Arsenal Football Club – but that our lives had become unmanageable without it.
2. Came to believe that a Football Club greater than any individual could restore us to unity.
3. Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the adoration of Dennis Bergkamp as we understood him.
4. Made a searching and fearless moral inventory of ourselves as supporters of our beloved team.
5. Admitted to Patrick Vieira, to ourselves and to anyone else willing to listen the exact nature of how wrong it is to support the spuds.
6. Were entirely ready to have Thierry Henry remove all our defects as supporters.
7. Humbly asked Robert Pires to remove our shortcomings as worshippers.
(Haha, looking for pictures of Bobby, I came across this… what a cracker!)
8. Made a list of all players we had unjustly criticised, and became willing to amend our opinions of them all.
9. Made direct amends to such players wherever possible, except when to do so would fly in the face of all that is sane.
10. Continued to take personal inventory of our opinions about the squad and when we were wrong, promptly admitted it.
11. Sought through prayer and meditation to improve our conscious contact with the footballing gods as we understood them, praying only for knowledge of their wishes for the team and their power to influence dodgy referees.
12. Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to Arsenal supporters worldwide and to spread these principles at every game we watched or attended.