David Moyes’s Tunnel Vision

Whatever Cesc Fabregas did or didn’t say in the tunnel at half time during the Everton game, David Moyes’s comments on the issue are pathetic.
Clearly he wanted to distract attention away from his team’s latest defeat and their lowly position (15th) in the EPL.

Apart from insisting that Cesc should have been given a red card for what he allegedly said in the tunnel, Moyes also claimed that any fair minded observer would have felt his team deserved to come away with something from Tuesday’s game.

Well, I’m content to assume that his first comment carries as much accuracy as his second: how anyone could think Everton deserved a point from a game in which they were handed a blatantly offside goal by an incompetent ref then spent the entire second half under siege defies belief.

Whatever Cesc said to the referee at half time, the ref did not deem it necessary to card him.

There are allegations in some newspapers that our Number Four questioned whether the officials were being paid. Leaving aside the fact that, in an age of football billionaires, there must be a temptation sometimes by rich owners to ‘fix the odds’ a little, we still have no evidence that that’s what Cesc said.

Yet the redtops have been taking umbrage like a Harlem hooker taking crack. As far as they’re concerned the allegations are fact.

Strangely, when Wayne Rooney left the field in a Manchester United defeat at the hands of Chelsea and mouthed “12 men” to the TV cameras, there was much less furore despite the fact that everyone had clearly seen him impugn the fairness of the officials.

So Moyes banging on about it smells of sour grapes. And of course there’s the hypocrisy. Moyes was charged by the FA in 2007 for implying that referee Mark Clattenburg was biased after a Merseyside derby. Now he’s outraged that Cesc has (allegedly) done something similar.

Cesc should apparently have been red carded for an offence that none of us saw. Yet the cameras catch Wayne Rooney unleashing insults and four-letter-word tirades against officials on an almost weekly basis, mostly without repercussions.

This is what African referee Jeff Selogilwe said of Rooney after the England charmer had sworn at him during a pre-world cup friendly last summer: “I was very disappointed in Rooney because he is my favourite player. He insulted me. He said, ‘F*** you.’ He is a good player when you see him on the TV, but when you see him on the pitch, he just keeps on insulting the referees.”

Quite.

In January Rooney was booked for ranting at the ref in the Spuds-Man Utd game and there are countless other examples of his boorishness. Strangely these incidents attract minimal press coverage, whereas the Cesc story has made headlines all week.

I know some Gooners are worried by what they see as a petulant, argumentative streak in our captain of late, which has seen him spending a lot of time in the referees’ faces.

And it reminds me of the way we used to pressurise refs in the days of Adams, Vieira and Keown – as well as the way Man Utd players still deliberately target officials to make them give decisions in their favour.

It may not be pretty, but if we need to play rough to win something I’ll take it. I also happen to think Cesc’s outbursts are born of genuine desire and frustration, rather than the cynical approach adopted by the Mancs.

So thankyou David  Moyes for sparking the latest bout of xenophobic Arsenal and Fabregas bashing.

Next time remember that what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. And what happens in the tunnel should stay in the tunnel.

RockyLives

151 Responses to David Moyes’s Tunnel Vision

1. London says:

“For me, this is a sign of a desperately committed man who wants to personally drag his team to glory this year.”

Bang on Rocky, excellent read.

2. Wonderman says:

Rocky spot on !I believe it is incidents like the blatant offside goal given on tuesday and Moyes’s rant afterwards that cements a siege mentality in the camp. In my opinion that can only be a good thing.

I am dissapointed with Moyes as over the years he has done fantastically well with virtually no money, and whilst his teams always give you a physical test I would never describe them as dirty. Maybe he is at the end ofthe road as far as Everton is concerned

3. Red Arse says:

Excellent Rocky. 🙂

Isn’t it extraordinary that Moyes is such a virtuous, blame free individual, who has never criticised a referee, –uh oh, wait a mo’, yes he has, in 2007 the FA smacked him for attacking Clattenberg.

Well …. leaving that aside …. he can still find the time to don his “Moral Man” outfit, with the dickhead hood, and defend the poor old incompetent ref against Cesc’s alleged verbals, even tho’ the ref did not want to be defended, because he had heard no such attack!

Moyes, you are a pathetic little cry baby!

4. bops says:

C’mon.. I think we are stoking the fire more by talking about it and reading about it in crap articles.. As the boss says “case closed” lets move on.. and have a nice Newcastle preview..

Tiote worries me he was really good against us at the Emirates

I love that little ‘edge’ Cesc has.

It was great when he came on against Huddersfield and started clapping and encouraging the rest of the team. No-one on the pitch was doing it before his entrance.

Is Moyes saying that Mason wasn’t paid! 🙂

6. I thought this was an excellent summary. Fair in that it doesn’t defend everything about Cesc, and certainly fair in the analysis that the media have gone crazy and overboard yet again.

7. Sorry bops, Newcastle review scheduled for tomorrows post and one would have to be pretty blinkered to think that this weeks exaggeration by the press over what Cesc did or didn’t say in the tunnel is a one-off.

8. Stroller says:

I suppose we can be generous and say that Moyes’ comments were borne of his own frustration, although the lack of supporting evidence from any of the officials makes him appear more like someone prepared to lie in order to detract from the inadequacies of his own team. Shades of Phil Brown last year, and where is he now ? As usual the media love to go into a state of moral indignation. They’re having a good run – Andy Gray, Jeremy Clarkson and now Cesc.

9. charybdis1966 says:

Hi Peachy, did you get someone in for the Bar codes preview ? I’m out this evening so I have to wimp out of that.

Morning,

Great post Rocky. The Press aren’t letting the subject drop and you are correct to expose the endemic hypocrisy in the media that condemns the ‘alleged’ behaviour of our (foreign?) players and seemingly condones the antics of that paragon of virtue Wayne Rooney.

chary,
    Thanks, we have a pre-match for tomorrow and an added little snippet appearing at the end of the post too!

11. Red Arse says:

Rasp,

That’s a bit cruel. What have snippets done to you?

They are lovely, v. fast runners and don’t eat much.

Leave the snippets alone I say!!

12. Smith14 says:

I’ve always had a lot of time for David Moyes. You can always count on him and Everton to give the other big clubs a decent game so I appreciate them for that at least. These comments just show Moyes as a hypocrite though. The guy does his nut at refs week in week out so it’s a bit rich to criticise Cesc or try to act as the guardian of the referee.

I do think it’s a xenophobic thing too. Cesc is a small, young, Spanish, exceptionally skilful central midfielder. His role is to keep quiet, play nicely, get kicked and dive all over the place. The Brits in the league don’t like the fact that a young European is prepared to go nose to nose and not just do the pretty things. When Roy Keane, Alex Ferguson, John Terry or Wayne Rooney berate refs they are committed, hard men, doing all it takes to get 3 points. When Cesc challenges a decision, in a far more just and dignified manner than any of those, he’s a disgrace. It’s massive hypocrisy and just shows that the Premier Leagues bully’s don’t like it when someone not born in Glasgow stands up to them.

For years now we’ve been told that we need a fighting spirit. Now we have one, people are realising that just as they can’t beat us at Football, it’s increainlgy difficult to intimidate us too.

13. charybdis1966 says:

Rocky – as ever a well thought out and restrained piece.
    I think Moyes might as well join the long list of whingers who been smacked BY the Arse such as Pullis, Lord Fergie, Orange Man et al.

Either that or he should stick to pulling pints for Homer Simpson.

14. Red Arse says:

CharyB,

🙂

Well said Smithy! 🙂

15. charybdis1966 says:

The resemblance is uncanny Red A.
    I’ll bet Moyes likes Duff beer too.

16. Gooner in Exile says:

Great post Rocky.

Really annoys me hearing on the radio again this morning more debate on what should be a dead story. Apparently now a tabloid has revealed that Cesc’s alleged comments were about how much the ref had possibly been paid to make that decision.

The story should end as the Match Officials have not mentioned anything in their report, judging by their performance in the game I think they would have been only been too pleased to have red carded Cesc in the tunnel or at least given him over to the FA at the end of the game, but neither of those things have happened so as others have said it should be over.

Even our dear old friend ‘Arry was moved to comment on the alleged “offence” in an interview on Talk Shite this morning he basically said they are not good comments if they are true. He was on to neither confirm or deny that he would sign Beckham on a permanent basis come season end(‘Arry loves being in amongst the media doesn’t he!).

But when the twitcher made those comments I realised something, quite often Managers of teams from the mid to low end of the PL and those in the Championship are only too pleased to get their voices heard on national radio, Moyes, Pulis, Redknapp et al will often take calls pre and post match to keep their own persona in the public eye. But this also endears them to the likes of Durham and Brazil. Adrian Durham spent some time explaining on Wednesday that he had no reason to disbelieve the comments of David Moyes as he was a longstanding PL manager that we all respect, but the same reasoning does not apply to Wengers side of the story who has a similar longstanding, Xenophobic…much?

It is rare that Arsene, or the Arsenal players give media time to the hatchet media in this country, preferring to talk to the BBC or the broadsheet press, and that perhaps is why we find ourselves so often the target of tabloid fury and sensationalism. I wonder how the press would respond if we fans sang “Sit down you Paedophile” at Fergie for 90 minutes at the Grove when he comes later in the season?

I am reminded of a video I have seen of George Graham addressing the players after we had 2 points deducted in the 1990/1 season, he lined them all up and told them how no one wanted them to win the league, everyone hated the Arsenal because there were no stories from inside the club, that they should all keep on together, unity, and (to steal Wonderman’s post) “No retreat, no surrender” attitude to bring the League back to Highbury. They did, and this side can again.

No one wants us to win the league, the media have been hoping to force Wenger out for the last few years, now its time for the players to repay his faith and loyalty. And shut this media trash up once and for all.

17. Smith14 says:

GiE,

Agree with you whole heartedly. Wenger is from a different planet to the gutter media in this country. They don’t have the sufficient class to understand the man and therefore have it in for him and look for sensationalism in everything that comes from the club. It’s this “English” attitude, of good old blood and thunder Football that means we are still stuck in the dark ages and have frankly useless national team.

British football journalism in the tabloids or on Talksport is frankly not worth the time of day. I know a few people inside this industry and know that fact and reason are the last thing on an editors mind.

Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me of the GG clip. Inspirational. Although the playing style has changed the pride, tradition and class of the club has remained.

18. Geoff Strong says:

Aesene Wenger is an embarassment to the mid-table managers, he has taken a mid-table team (be honest we were when George left) and created teams that have consistently mixed it with the mega rich.

I can picture the boardrooms around the league:

Manager: Chairman I need another sackload of cash to move this club forward.

Chairman: What? There’s this bloke at the Emirates who is in the Champions league every year, playing wonderful football the fans want to come and see, built a fantastic new stadium and still delivers a profit. Go away and do your job.

19. Gooner in Exile says:

For those who haven’t seen it

I don’t know how to code the embedded vid on here

20. Gooner in Exile says:

21. Gooner in Exile says:

Sorry wrong video!!! i’ll get my coat

22. Harry says:

Great article Rocky and totally agree about Cesc, its his desire to win and frustration of his treatment that people should focus on….

Rather than repeat what I wrote on another site, please visit via: http://www.gunners4life.com/index.asp?article=643

Note that I had a genuine conversation with someone yesterday about what and wasn’t said and by whom……

Cesc, did not say what has been alleged, not that I am saying it wasn’t said……….But it wasn’t a player……..and that is why there is nothing on the report about Cesc…..

23. Harry says:

@GIE, as i said the other day, its us against the world, the fans and players alike…..

Stand as one, Stand Together and Conquer all….

The more they hate us, the better..It means we are getting up their noses and they see us as a threat…

24. Gooner in Exile says:

Hear hear Harry

Stevie Bould, Stevie Bould,
    Stevie Stevie Bould,
    he’s got big hair but we don’t care,
    Stevie Stevie Bould.

26. Rob says:

“I also happen to think Cesc’s outbursts are born of genuine desire and frustration, rather than the cynical approach adopted by the Mancs.”

You should avoid showing such obvious hypocrisy in your posts.

Thanks for the comments.
    Harry – very interesting read and great intel. What must Cesc feel about English football? This is the second time he has had his reputation tarnished all over the media on the basis of a pack of lies (the Phil Brown/Brian Harton non-incident being the other one). It’s as if the media (and some rival managers) want to drive one of the world’s best players out of the country.

I wrote the post the day after the incident and the fact that the story is still going strong today in the national media is really quite shocking. However, every cloud has a silver lining – and in this case it’s that the more this nonsense goes on, the greater the sense of a siege mentality will build around the club and players. GiE’s link to the GG speech is very timely, because some of the elements of that trophy-winning season are beginning to emerge in this one, not least the sense of ‘everyone’s against us, so the best way to stick two fingers up to them all is to win some silverware.”

Rob
    I think you mean partiality or bias, not hypocrisy. But I can’t be certain so please come back and explain further.

Sorry I haven’t been able to contribute much for the last week or so – just a crazy busy period at work which is now winding down.

But I have enjoyed reading some great posts and the usual smorgasbord of wit, wisdom, erudition and surrealism that makes up the comments section here on AA.

Rasp
    To complete my four-in-a-row, great set of pictures today. They do as much to highlight Moyes’s hypocrisy as anything anyone has written on the subject.

31. Gooner in Exile says:

@chas

He’s got no hair

He never had big hair bless him

32. Rob says:

Rocky

The hypocrisy is that it is ok when an Arsenal player does it but not when a Man Utd player does.

@GiE

He’s got big hair in your GG team talk video clip.
    Well big compared to now anyway.
    Compared to Anders, it’s not so big, though.

Rob
    Thanks for the clarification. The point I’m making is that I don’t think Cesc’s outbursts at refs during games are premeditated, whereas Fergie has long used the ‘hound the ref’ approach as a deliberate tactic to intimidate officials.
    I believe this was confirmed in an ex player’s autobiography (I can’t remember which one – possibly Stam).
    The United team of the late ’90s and early noughties were experts in the art and you still see the same technique in Utd games today, particularly from Rooney and Neville.
    For what it’s worth, I believe Arsenal players adopted the same pre-meditated approach in the early Wenger years, although I suspect in their case it was driven more by the senior English players than by instructions from AW.

So, I don’t think I’m being hypocritical – just trying to identify what I see as a difference in motivation for the relative actions.

It is amazing at how many of the serious accustaions levelled at Arsenal revolve around incidents in the tunnel ie out of sight!
    I think we should be praised for it, as on the pitch there are children tuned in. So, its a big “well done Arsenal” from me. Oh yes, and in the tunnel there are never cameras to support the evidence. Pure coincidence of course.

I see Moyes has got himself back on the radio this morning to say he definitely saw and heard Cesc making the comments to the fourth official.
    During the interview, Moyes starts referring to himself in the third person… all very worrying. I think he’s come down with a bad case of Philbrownitis and we all know how that ended for Tangoman.

Rocky,
    It really is beginning to make him look a little pathetic. I mean, how many people can possibly be interested?

Goot Gott in Himmel,
    I have just clocked that my business trip to NYC clashes with the CC Final!!! The hunt for tickets comes to a grinding halt. Looks like I will be taking up Londons’ suggestion of Nevada Smith’s Bar to watch the game. Any NY Gooners out there?

39. Red Arse says:

Micky,

Did you see the i/v Moyes gave to Sky last year when he was being questioned about some supposed tfr request/row.

He could not bring himself to speah but stood mute in front of the cameras with his eyes welling up.

Pathetic then and pathetic now. Even if there was some truth in what he says he heard, it makes him out to be a snivelling little sneaky stool pigeon!

Still we do not want to make diddums cry again, so let him have his say, and let’s all pretend we care! 🙂

RA,
    Agreed. Its the sort of message we drum into our children when they are about six. Don’t sneak and get on with your own life.

41. Red Arse says:

Micky, I am becoming suspicious that you are a Werder Bremen spy!

The German you typed should be Gute Gott im himmel, and not Goot Gott in himmel!!

Under the Moyes laws I am afraid that means curtains for you Tommy …. I mean fritz!!

RA,
    I think you have just blown your cover. Only a real bone fide spy has mastership of his native tongue.

43. dandan says:

So Wenger was correct Cesc didn’t shout at the Ref. it is now the fourth official he spoke to according to Moyes. That is not what he said on his Sky interview.

RA,
    Hang on. I am no Franz Webber, but “im himmel” not “in himmel”.

My new pinkiness is a little overpowering. Less comments or change the gravatar I say.

Probably only of interest to me, but looks like I will be in good company!

47. Gooner in Exile says:

Dandan

to be fair to Moyes he never says in the Sky interview that he spoke to the ref, he said “about the ref” in the Sky interview, it was the Sky journos who made it in to “to the ref”

48. Gooner in Exile says:

There needs to be an edit feature on here for our comments! Firing off a quick one liner and then editing has left me repeating myself….i need a lie down in a darkened room for the weekend

49. Red Arse says:

So, you are friends with Franzie, eh?

Zis is fiendishly clever of you. “im” is a preposition meaning “in” or “in the”, my little Micky freund!!

Verdammt! I am getting confused. Who is the Deutsch spy hier? Ach so … ist es ihnen, Micky! 🙂

50. Gooner in Exile says:

Have just listened to the audio on that article dandan.

“I’m not going to hand anything to the FA”….why not?

51. Red Arse says:

GIE,

Anyone who switches from 1st person English to referring to himself in the 3rd person in mid interview has a problem, however Red Arse looks at it! 🙂

RA,
    I can take this no further without asking you the way to the beach or warning you of an impending air raid.

53. Gooner in Exile says:

Just so we all know we’re not going to get any decisions at St James on Saturday so the players are going to have to be up for everything.

Match Official : Phil Dowd

Sod the darkened room I’m off for a flotation tank session

54. Afternoon all – and Hello your pinkness 🙂

GiE – I have the power to edit, what’s up?

55. Red Arse says:

OK Micky,

Just so long as one of us doesn’t start throwing towels around, and giving the game away. I hope it is not me. 🙂

Apologies Micky, basically I am desperately bored with Moyesgate and humour with you is much more appealing! 🙂

56. Red Arse says:

Peaches,

GIE said in his 3:51 “sky interview” twice in the same sentence.

He would be no good in “Just a minute”. We would not have said anything until you cruelly highlighted things! 🙂

57. I meant to tell you all something and forgot to add it to the post, sorry 😳

If you haven’t got a twitter account but want to see what the players are tweeting there’s a new site in our blogroll called Arsenal Players On Twitter that anyone can have a look at – its a live feed of tweets. I’ll get the link for you’s – back in a bit 😉

Too many of you Bosch types on here if you ask me.
    By the way, went the day well?

59. Now you’re all reading the tweets aren’t you 😆

60. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

Are you implying we are all dishwashers or washing machinen? 🙂

“Went the day well we died and never knew” …. very Graham Greene. Or is your name really Leslie Banks? 🙂

Redders
    May have this wrong, but wasn’t “Went the day well?” the title of a wartime film about German spies posing as Englishman in England to scout out the lay of the land for the planned invasion?
    Their accents are flawless, but their occasional use of strange sentence structure alerts the locals in the village pub…

Peaches
    Loving that Twitter link. Cesc has just posted this pic
    with the line “Rosicky dreaming about finally scoring a goal”. 🙂

“Machinen”,there you go again. Transparent. Guilty. Dawn beckons!

Rocky,
    I was young and living in Paris, and picked up much of my French from undesirables. When invited to the house of a friend whose Grandmother was present, she asked me if I was living somewhere nice, and tring to be polite, I replied that my room was ok, but something of a “bordel”, thinking I was saying a mess rather than a brothel. Easy to get caught out!

Peaches,
    Now look what you have gone and done! You never get people back from twitter land. Don’t try it people, it is not clever.

66. Harry says:

@Rocky, Exactly and totally agree as much as this continued wicth hunt goes on the greater the siege mentality will become and more hardened attitudes the boys will have and hopefully this will maintain the fans attitude and vocal support…….

I am off to get the silver polish now………

67. RA – Its pretty addictive I’m afraid, worth having your own account – once you’re following a load of people you get their tweets that include other people too. I’ve got a few journos on mine, I’ll try to get the site one up and running soon

68. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

Yes it was a film produced in 1942, which starred Leslie Banks, hence my reference to him earlier.

The title was taken from a poem written in the 6th Century, I think, which went;

“Went the day well? We died and never knew, but, for well or ill, Freedom we died for you”.

In the seconf World War, “freedom” was changed to “England”.

There was a remake of the film in the 70’s (? not sure) and accredited to Alistair McLean. Phew! 🙂

69. Red Arse says:

Oi, Peaches,

I never mentioned twits or twitters. Unhinge me … erm, I think I meant unhand me, my twitterers are legion!! 🙂

Thanks Redders
    Understand the Leslie Banks ref now!

71. Irishgunner says:

TWITTER = 😀

What are people’s usernames?

Streth RA,
    A knowledgable fountain art thou!

w ooops

Irish,
    Get to Rocky’s 4:25 forthwith

75. Red Arse says:

My late father said I was born a boring smart arse!
    Mind you usually after he had lost a game to me! 🙂

Boring: No
    Smart: Yes
    Arse: The one and only

77. Irishgunner says:

MIDI – saw that 🙂 My eyes tune into “Rosicky” once I log in to Arsenal stuff 😆

Oh, and:
    Born: Probably!

79. Sorry Redders, I thought it was you, so many ‘R’s’ on this site 😆

Irish must still be gazing at that pic of Rosexy surely dreaming of her 😛

80. Irish – you’ll find me easliy enough 😛

micky – maybe I should tone down my pink – it looks awfully garish underneath your panther – love your panther though 😉

81. Just gonna have a small moan now.

I don’t know if any of you picked up on the ticketing problems that a few had for the Ipswich game last week but I was one of those whose cards didn’t work at the turnstiles. I had to go to the Box Office and luckily was at the ground early enough for the problem to be sorted and to get into the stadium in time for ko.

The joke is that the guy at the Box Office basically told me I hadn’t opened my mail because my tickets had been sent in the post but still issued a new set. Later I found out that Arsenal had known that tickets hadn’t been posted because people who had bought them on general sale hadn’t received them but hadn’t bothered to contact anyone about it.

My tickets arrived in the post today – what a joke!!!!!

82. dandan says:

Cheski’s wage bill now £143 Mill a year £40 Mill more than city. How can they break even with the number of fans the ground will hold

Afternoon all, just popping in quickly to congratulate you all on another day’s excellent blogging.

micky – watch out for Cato
    kelsey – nice new avatar
    Red Arse – isn’t it about time you had a pic by your name?
    Irish – hope Rosexy wakes up in time for the game on saturday

Carlito – you wrote an amazing piece of verse on the site yesterday, was it a quote or do we have a budding poet laureate on the site?

84. Irishgunner says:

Peaches – Of course he was dreaming of me 😳

I couldn’t find you, I typed in the obvious but couldn’t find anything except Peaches Geldof 😆

85. Irishgunner says:

Peaches – So basically its a paper ticket affair for the CC games, just nobody told members?

Rasp – I hope so too

86. Red Arse says:

Peaches,

I fully understand your 5:29, of course, but how many “R”s are there in Mickydidit89 at 4:42? 🙂

A few errr’s as well as a few arrrr’s

An away win tomorrow and we are away.
    Till tomorrow shipmates.

89. Red Arse says:

Night Micky,

I am off too.

Tomorrow!!! 🙂

90. Hi Irish – try me with a small ‘p’

The ticket fiasco came about because some people – including me but I didn’t know – booked their tickets during the ‘Friends and Family’ window????? This meant that paper tickets were issued but the distribution company either didn’t get the instructions or decided not to bother.

Now, if you were the distribution company responsible for sending out paper tickets for The Arsenal I’m sure you wouldn’t want to get that wrong would you?????

91. Irishgunner says:

Ha ha found you 🙂

My username is towards Brady – not myself ha ha

92. Irishgunner says:

Its such a simple thing to do you wonder how they can get it wrong ….

93. Irishgunner says:

“The BBC are showing Cardiff’s game with Swansea live this weekend, so a good chance to look at Ramsey & JET for those who haven’t seen them.”

94. Sorry, been texting and reading old posts – I wrote a great one about us not being in the Carling Cup last year 😳

You any good at multi-tasking Irish 😉

95. Irishgunner says:

Multi-tasking???

96. Irishgunner says:

😆 It just sounds like work 😆

97. That’ll be the one that says I LOVE LADY GAGA then 🙂

Do you know how we can link the twitter to the site, I’ve set an account up but obviously we need to do a snazzy main page 😀

98. Irishgunner says:

😆

That’s me, my favourite biatch in this entire world has 8 million followers, its how she rolls 😀

Eeemh I’ll have a look in options – not sure how to do it, but we can link it to facebook someway as well which would keep facebook updated.

99. Gosh, sorry, I forget completely about Facebook do you update it?

100. Irishgunner says:

If you go into “settings” and then profile there is a hyperlink that says “You can also add Twitter to your site her”

101. Irishgunner says:

Sometimes 😆

By the time I long on the article is often outdated but if we link it with Twitter then whatever is tweeted will appear on facebook.

102. Irishgunner says:

*log

Jabus I can’t spell or type tonight 😳

103. But I think we need to make a snazzy page no?

Just found a great one called Arsenal Column – talks about tactics – have you seen that one?

I’m following you now but my message to you hasn’t appeared anywhere – did I do something wrong? Where’s it gone?

104. Irishgunner says:

So you just want a background picture like I have?

105. Irishgunner says:

Ahh I found your message – you sent it to my inbox. For it to appear on the twitter timeline you have to put @ before my name

106. Thankyou, no-one told me that 🙂

I’m going to have another play – go and read some of last February’s posts if you’ve got time, some of them are awfully good 😆

107. Irishgunner says:

No problem 😉

I will do if I get time, have some housework to do if ya don’t mind ha ha have to get some stuff done and bed early have to be up at 6:30am at the weekend – sickner

108. Ok, you go houseworking then – better not catch you tweeting – aha there’s no escape 😆

109. Irishgunner says:

Ha ha LOL

Rugby on tv
    Twitter/GagaDaily/Facebook/ArsenalArsenal open on internet
    Imelda May on the radio
    Doing housework
    Having a drink

That’s multi-tasking 😆

110. Harry says:

Thats impressive Irish, I met Peaches this week and she said you was good, but I didnt realise you were that good……….

@Peaches, as we discussed the other night the concept of customer service is lost on some people, but the problem is, we as fans deserve more than just good old customer service, we need supporter understanding…..

111. Irishgunner says:

😆 I’m that good Harry

112. Agreed Harry but we’re a captive audience, we have no choice – we can’t go to another Arsenal to get our fix and they know that.

113. Harry says:

Yeah, dont make it right, I dont expect the red carpet, a bit of respect with situations like the one you suffered would help………

We are a captive audience, well apart from the ones who leave early…………

114. 😆 I never leave early

I’ve only ever left early once…. 4-0 down to Manyoo in the CL semi needing 5 goals without reply to get through.

Still inexcusable though…I missed Darren Fletcher getting sent off, ffs.

116. Harry says:

@Chas, you are forgiven, just dont let it happen again….
    @Peaches….Good girl

I have never left early, always stayed till the end and clapped the players off, I have taught my boys and daughter the same…..

Everyone has an excuse every now and then, but some people leave early religiously, just dont understand it………How many goals have they missed???

117. Harry says:

@Irishgunner, cannot wait to meet you………

118. SharkeySure says:

Great post Rocky.

So many articles out there spouting so much shite. Listing absolutely every misdemeanour that Cesc has been accused of with only the most fleeting of asides that allude to his not being found guilty of any of them.

Its tiresome, really tiresome.

When I think of all the shite that some players get up to, its an absolute scandal that Cesc is vbeing constasntly villified in this manner.

As others has said: 1. They are clearly running scared of what Arsenal might achieve, 2. If increases our siege mentality and togetherness then bring it on.

Stand as one, Stand Together and Conquer all….

I’d imagine Cesc is quite enjoying it in a way. As he was with spitgate and pizzagate. I think we should enjoy it, too.

120. Harry says:

@SHarkey, Nice ending mate……..

Cheers Sharkey. Amen to that.
    Stand as one, Stand Together and Conquer all…

122. Harry says:

I see my motto is catching on…..

ptl / / / / /

whoops ptl \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/ \o/

125. SharkeySure says:

Thought you’d like it Harry, bit of a long shot I know, but worth a try ‘eh. Lol

126. SharkeySure says:

Yeah Harry, its a much better motto than ‘Arsene gets a no spending bonus’

127. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Excellent post rocky, I agree with you to the letter.

Now moving on to the imminent run in, in particular to the PL. Its obvious that everyone associated with manchester united feel that they have one hand on it(no I don’t mean SAF’s weiner), & why not, they haven’t lost, they are getting 5 star service from the ref’s & are 5 points clear of the sleeping giant The Arsenal.

But, with 2 games against the chavs; an away fixture against The Arsenal; man city & The Poo on the horizon as well, you can bet things will start getting all hot & sweaty in Sir Alex’s Jocks as reality starts to set in.

This is when the tirades will start coming from United’s manager. He will spare no one, least of all Arsene Wenger, in a desperate attempt to win back momentum. Yes we all know this coz he does it every year, aiming his saliva filled remarks at his nearest adversary. This year though I plead to Arsene Wenger to just shut up & don’t get sucked in. Please Mon Ami stay away from the media no matter how much you want to shove a giant baguette up his arse and/or down his throat.

To my fellow Gooners, this one is for The Arsenal to lose, although I’m confident we will prevail, so long as Le Gaffer keeps his mind on the task at hand & doesn’t play into the hands of the man from the Land of the Single Malt.

COYRRR

128. gnarleygeorge9 says:

When Old Yellow going to be back from injury. I miss him already 😦

129. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Whens Old Yellow going to be back from injury. I miss him already 😦

130. gnarleygeorge9 says:

😳

131. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Now I must say that the noise from Ashburton Grove that filtered back here to Launceston during the Everton clash was great, but it can sound “soft” @ times. Now if 2 people can make a racket like this everywhere they play, surely 60,000+ can too.

Evening Australian with Cornich roots,
    Hope all well. I am without doubt experiencing one of my feelings and it is that I think this game is strangely massive. On paper, not really, but we are on the verge of putting a real run together in the league. With three less than scary home games to follow, an away win will really set us up. There must be an element of unrest in their camp following managerial heeve-ho and the Carroll saga. Then the loss to Fulham the other day. I cannot and refuse to see anything other than a win.

CorniSh

Can someone remind me who is unavailable from our first XI. Song and..?

135. barumgooner says:

tv

136. barumgooner says:

oh and Nasri

137. barumgooner says:

and most importantly Diaby IS available which is often a liability imo. I cant help it but part of me is always a little bit worried when i see his name on the team sheet.

138. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Evening MDI89 & barum

No doubt about it, this game is so important. I have a feeling that in Nascar’s absence that AA23 might do his thing. Don’t know if anyone can fill Electric Yellows boots though.

139. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Diaby is ok when he lets his hair grow. When he’s got the locks, he moves from box to box. When he has a head like a Malteser, he may as well take a breather.

140. gnarleygeorge9 says:

…..& don’t try & tell me hair is not an issue. Just look @ Electric Yellow formerly known as Sheeps Head.

barum, Thanks. I thought maybe JD had a knock. Hope not. Regarding Diaby, I still believe he could be outstanding, but he must be relieved of as many defensive duties as possible. It means a deep lying Denislson or JW, until Gnarley’s “Electric Yellow” returns.

GG,
    Funny you mention hair. Watching JD last game, I had the seed of an idea for a post, and it is hair related.

143. barumgooner says:

Im not sure If I’ve seen Diaby with hair GG ? I do agree that he can be outstanding micky but you just never know which of his sides will turn up. Can have moments of brilliance and moments of utter stupidity combined with a look of a confused giraffe

barum,
    All very true. I believe it is all in the head with him, and that it is down to concentration and desire. He has everything to be a very dominant midfielder in the Paddy mould.

145. gnarleygeorge9 says:

There u go barum

146. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Mick I believe its all on the head with him. Trust me, he contributes more with hair than not. I’ve noted this for some time now 🙂

GG,
    Wow, compelling and conclusive evidence. Not only has the big man got hair, but he has clearly netted as well.

148. gnarleygeorge9 says:

& MDI89, judging from his eyes he has had a couple of 3 paper numbers before hand. He’s got to be stoned 🙄

149. barumgooner says:

thanks GG, now I remember. And you are right, he is better with hair. I tend to see him more as a Kanu than a Vieira though Micky

150. Morning chaps

Sorry to interupt your chat but I was thinking of putting up the new post but while I’m here I just wanted to say that gnarley your comment @11.39 last night could be expanded into a post and we have a slow week next week because of the international break so all posts will be welcome 😉

New Post