Some Positives When It’s Easy To Be Bleak

By guest writer andy

Lest we forget…Some positives

I for one have pulled my hair out, screamed at the t.v. (yes i am a gooner-from-a-distance) and complained to anyone who would listen (and those who dont) but….

There have, believe it or not, been some good things to come out of this season.

1 Vermaelen:   an inspiration and proof that spending a little bit of money every now and again is worth it. Yes he’s made the odd mistake but he is human and overall his commitment and ability has been second to none.

2. Song:  he’s come on in leaps and bounds in the DM role, and has now become a player who is sorely missed.

3. Eboue: I can hold my hands up and say that I thought he was the worst player I have seen in the red and white since  Gus Caeser. But he has been fantastic this year, not an ever-present but a useful and willing extra and the kind of player who is worth being on the bench and even the unconvincing diving is less regular. I never thought i’d say it but i’d be sorry to see him go.

4. Arshavin:   whether all the talk is genuine or spin you cant deny that the guy has been poor. I read somewhere that if the supply aint there then what can he do but the answer is simples…. TRY. If he goes then it wont be a loss and maybe free up a spot for little Jack.

5. Sol: alright he seems to be a mixed up guy, left us to play abroad and went to …Portsmouth, went to Notts county for ??? but came back and has been great. Not got the pace anymore but shows the heart and desire that is but a memory at the moment. Deserves another year and maybe the player that makes AW rethink the absurd idea that experience doesn’t count.

6. Cesc:   truly amazing. For a player of his age to be so dominant is just unbelievable and is in a way a sad indictment of what is wrong at the club. Sounds a bit of a contradiction I know but just imagine how good he would have been in the team of the late 90s where he was surrounded by talent and heart instead of having to be the one dragging so many half-hearted others along (sorry negativity creeping in)

7. The loanees:   some great potential there, 5-6 players who have been pretty good in the lower leagues, I think we need to show a bit of faith and reward a few of them with a shot next term.

8. Arsene: I know the sceptics in us say we have seen and heard it before but to me he looks like a man who has lost patience. I for one agree with the theory that he has been working under financial constraint rather than idealistic pride but he and the board MUST now act on the obvious lack of balance within the side. Not change for the sake of change but look at what is lacking and address the situation.

Have faith, the positives are there, sometimes you just have to look a bit harder. We have finished on a high after a comfortable victory against Fulham and must now look forward to the summer with renewed optimism.

124 Responses to Some Positives When It’s Easy To Be Bleak

1. Livers says:

Morning all… I think the main problem we have is when our spine is missing we don’t have the back up just yet to beat the bigger boys. With no Cesc our midfield looks short, without RVP goals seem scarce, without TV we are a softer touch.

Goalkeeper is essential now, CB and CM. We have a lot of flimsy good on the eye midfielders but need a bit of grit to help Song or replace him when not around imo…

2. Rasputin says:

Morning all,

andy submitted this post (his first on the site) before the Fulham game but we couldn’t fit it in the schedule. I believe he lives abroad so won’t be able to discuss his views with you all until later in the day.

3. charybdis1966 says:

Morning all – good to have another viewpoint here andy, I hope you are encouraged to write more posts up; my creative juices run drier the older I get.

Let’s look forward to some experienced reinforcements arriving and some dross being shipped out.

4. Rasputin says:

Morning Livers,

I’m in total agreement. In order of priority, (my opinion only), we need a GK, CB, striker (= Chamakh), tough midfielder and a winger (SWP?)

5. Rasputin says:

I had expected Vela to be on his way in the summer but maybe yesterday’s performance heralded a new role for him in the side – or was he being put in the ‘shop window’?

6. Livers says:

With ya Rasp.

I hope he holds his word and gets his targets pre World Cup. Don’t think I could wait til end of August for nothing again.

7. FE Gooner says:

Lansbury – he looked very comfortable on the ball and good passes. Seems to have a good footballing brain as well. Yes, it was a meaningless game and by the time he came on, the game was long over. Contrast with Diaby, who was proned to occasional misplaced passes even when not under pressure.

8. Rasputin says:

I discussed this with SfH yesterday Livers. I think the most likely scenario is that Chamakh will be announced pre WC as the ‘big signing’ and possibly there will be an ‘unheard of’ before the WC.

I’d expect most of our deals to take place in the last month of the window if the pattern of previous years is replicated, unless SWP is left out of the WC squad and we land him for £5m as has been rumoured.

9. Chipo says:

How is 4. Arshavin a positive?

10. Rasputin says:

Welcome FE,

Yes friends who went to the game told me Lansbury had been impressive. Fulham weren’t playing physically against us so the players could express themselves freely, I’m afraid that in the future we will have to use games like Blackburn away as the benchmark for the resilience of the side.

11. Rasputin says:

Hi Chipo,

Dunno, andy won’t be able to explain til later. I think AA is a positive in as much as, on his day, when fully fit and motivated, he is world class and can change a game and score a goal out of nothing.

12. Livers says:

I think AA has had a frustrating season with niggly injuries not helping. He is a match winner however but haven’t seen much really since Liverpool away. I’m sure he played games when not 100% when both Nik and RVP were out and he’s not an out and out CF.

Hopefully the expected arrival of Chamakh gives us better options now….Still craving for that fearful scary midfielder

13. Gooni says:

Well, if Man Utd didn’t have Rooney, Vidic, Ferdinand, Carrick and Fletcher or Chelsea didn’t have Terry, Lampard, Essien, Drogba and Carvalho for long periods, they might not be where they are at the moment. We definitely need to buy and improve but how unlucky are we to lose the core first team players for such prolonged periods.

14. Rasputin says:

Welcome Gooni,

True we’ve had a ridiculous number of injuries to key players. If you look at the back of yesterday’s matchday programme, our list of players is about 12 more than Fulham’s and yet we still didn’t cope. I think a lot of supporters would say that our best 11 (10 without the GK) are good enough to beat most teams. It is the quality of some of the back-up squad players that some would view as questionable.

15. dandan says:

Nice post Andy well done look forward to reading more.

I needed cheering up I am so depressed; I mean only a mere 89 league clubs finished below us, even 4 champions league clubs got further than us, all this with miniscal injuries and no real signings. because we were rashly paying off large lumps of debt. Whilst other major clubs slowly and surely sunk into the financial abyss that is the just reward for shopaholic managements that put tin pots above realism, glory above financial planning.

You never know we might even survive another season with some new players and a ground we will shortly own. Ti’s a tough life being a Gooner under such extravagant non thinking management. Why oh why cant we (not) find a real football man like arry.

16. andy says:

Morning all

I dont actually live abroad, only Devon. Arshavin being a positive is a bit strange I know, Its meant to be a positive that he’s probably gona leave us.

17. Rasputin says:

Morning dandan 😉

Maybe you should have put a ‘NOT’ at the end of your comment in case anyone new to the site was to take your words as written 😆

I’m positive, I just don’t expect 3 or 4 magic signings to materialise before the WC. I don’t think that is a sceptical view. I’m in the great position of being happy if I’m proved wrong as opposed to those who hold the opposite view who will be very disappointed if proved wrong.

18. Rasputin says:

Hi andy,

My apologies. You have been corresponding with peaches and she asked me to oversee today as she’s moving home.

You’re not near Lynmouth are you – I’ve spent many happy weeks staying on the banks of the East Lyn in the NT reserve?

19. charybdis1966 says:

Andy, you must be abroad in the sense that Portsmouth is abroad..ala Sol 🙂

20. andy says:

True charybdis maybe i’m as mixed up as sol. Thanx Rasp, about 20miles from Lynmouth, Barnstaple.

21. dandan says:

Rasp Thanks for the tip have edited it slightly, I think we face an interesting summer as the club repositions itself ready for a sustained attack on several fronts next season with new players in key positions and young “Wengerites” making the leap into a squad that will be, under the new regulations the envy of many.

On top of that there is a world cup and some tasty cricket to look forward too

22. Rasputin says:

I was only joking dandan 😆

Hope KP gets back from the birth to help us win the final in the cricket!

23. dandan says:

How did you fare yesterday at Rickling was it the Rickling near Stansted. We will win that anyway Rasp Bopara is no mug.

24. Rasputin says:

Yes Rickling Green near Stansted Mountfitchet dandan. We were struggling for players, only had 5 on wednesday and finally managed to trawl up 9 – so we came second 😦

25. dandan says:

I used to play there, was a good batsman called Nightingale scored shedloads of runs there. I lived and played at Stansted for a while

26. more consistent talk off the pitch.. this time Gazidis

“On the field, we have the youngest squad in the Premier League and we need to translate that potential into results. To the extent that the manager think it’s necessary, we will use out resources to supplement the squad intelligently so that we can take that vital step forward.

“Arsenal has not had access to the deep pockets of a wealthy investor and we have focused on a path of independence underpinned by a sustainable model for long-term success.

“We’re now coming to a period, with Highbury Square coming to its completion and some of our other property developments bearing fruit, where the financial health of the club is secure.

27. JOEL says:

Unfortunately the Negatives far outstrip the Positives,again this Season.As far as projected Transfer targets are concerned;most would agree that the “spine” needs sorting as a priority-New Goalkeeper,Centre Back,Defensive Midfielder and Forward.I’m not really sure that Chamakh will bring much to the team other than he doesn’t cost anything directly!.One thing is certain,though,we DO NOT NEED another lightweight misfiring wideman-even if his father is an Arsenal Legend!
    Although Injuries have had a detrimental effect upon Arsenal’s performances this Season they have also allowed the Squad Players a greater chance to stake a claim for first team football.Unfortunately,most have been found wanting.The deadwood must,therefore, be offloaded and players with proper Arsenal credentials brought in to replace them!

28. joel – what makes you think chamakh wont bring much to the team?

5 CL goals in his first season in the comp says a hell of a lot to me.

29. Rasputin says:

Joel,

Chamakh will add a new dimension to our attacking play – he is an excellent header of the ball. I would liken him to a much better Ryan Babel, with added heading ability and better ball skills.

30. Rasputin says:

…and he will be the best ‘target man’ up front as he is very strong and can hold the ball up.

Hi everyone,

My server and telephone lines keep going down and I had no access for over 24 hours.

I felt for Fabianski yesterday, he was by no means perfect and is shall we say a little shell shocked,though I don’t believe for a moment that Almunia was injured.
    Not the greatest of game but we got the job done, and nice to see Vela perform his pary piece chip.
    We have missed RVP so much, he is class so lets hope he remains injury free.
    Arshavin is a true enigma. I just can’t figure the guy out. For now I would give him the benefit of the doubt that he will contribute more next season and appear to be a more of a team player.

Can’t agree about Eboue, he is still always looking to cheat/dive.If he cut it out a bit more he would be a more valuable squad player .

I truly expect a keeper to be signed and a central midfielder/holding player and thats about it apart from Chamakh.

32. Rasputin says:

Hi kelsey, are you saying that you expect Djourou and TV to be our first choice CB pairing next season? – or TV and a rotation of Sol and JD?

Hi rasp,

Can’t answer that at the moment, there appears to be a number of players out of contract and that needs sorting out first,which I am sure the boss is trying to form a clearer picture.Personally I would like Gallas to stay at least for another year, but I think he might be off to Italy.Sol has impressed beyond my wildest dreams and I feel we should keep him as well, his experience alone will be beneficial.Djorou still needs to impress me that he is the answer,but having been out for a year, one can’t really form an opinion as of yet.

34. Rasputin says:

I agree kelsey. If Gallas is going and Senderos is gone, it would appear to be a bit risky to hope that JD can step straight into Gallas’ boots.

Sol is fantastic but may only be at his best if he plays no more than 1 game a week. It is possible that JD is injury prone. He’s never had a long enough run of games to prove his ability. If the budget is available, I think we should try to sign a new first choice CB

35. gazidis in yesterday’s match programme…

“One or two players are coming to the end of contracts – William Gallas, for example. Whatever happens Arsene has identified the fact that the defence has been an issue for us this year, so it’s not difficult to imagine that that’s an area we’re focused on in this window.”

36. andy says:

I think he will spend but not much. Think 2 defenders 1 old and 1 young to replace the 3 we losing, maybe upson and kjaer ?

37. Rasputin says:

kjaer is a player many would like to see at THoF.

I think we could do with a ‘utility midfielder’ who can also play at CB and maybe RB

38. andy says:

If we were to buy melo, upson, kjaer and green i’d b quite happy and it wouldnt cost the earth either (plus chamakh of course)

39. Rasputin says:

That’s optimistic andy. I can’t see either kjaer or Upson being happy to be second choice – unless we move TV to the HM role in which case we wouldn’t need Melo.

40. andy says:

true but thats half of our problem, not enough quality to be able to rotate. I can see what you mean from the players point of view though

Fine post Andy, always good to look on the bright side of life. Write more!

And Devon is abroad to me.

I cannot see AW spending the kind of money Kjær will cost this summer. Not for a 21 y.o. with no European experience. But I hope I am wrong.

Upson seems a decent call as backup to JD & TV. Though I would choose a player around 26/7 y.o. who we can get some mileage out of.

I think we need a backup DM. Song can play CB if needed, but we have really missed him in midfield. He has become an essential player. Would Melo come to play from the bench, and if not who gets dropped?

43. i think we will get one CB, one DM/CM and chamakh… and maybe a keeper.

gallas and silvestre will leave on free’s – jd + new signing, diakhate seems in line with the type AW would sign, to replace that pair.

midfield: melo

striker: chamakh

44. andy says:

Thanks BR. In an ideal world 26/7 is a better age but the cost will go up and as much as people are saying spend spend spend but i cant see it happening.

45. andy says:

Could melo and song not play together. Would those two with cesc not give us more balance and stability ?

46. andy says:

which keeper sfh ?

47. yes they could andy

i see melo as direct competition for diaby in that box-to-box CM role, can help out with defence and can also join the attack to good effect.

be significant if melo and chamakh join the club this summer… a full 12 months on from us having bids rejected for the pair.

aw never gives up on his man.

48. i would like to see frey join… but i think if we do sign another keeper he will be out of leftfield like mad jens was.

similar age aswell, so as not to stunt the pair of poles we have… who i rate BOTH very highly, but they are just not ready yet for the rigours of top level epl and cl footy.

49. andy says:

Like you I think AW will keep faith in those two but go for an older experienced prem player. Poss Robinson Schwarzer or even james

50. he bid for schwarzer in the jan window according to many, so you could be right.

i would be happy with such a deal.

51. no sorry, that was sorenson, not schwarzer.

Sorensen, Kjær or Agger. Nik B, bung in Christian Poulsen and we have a decent basis for a team 🙂

53. Rasputin says:

Are you trying to re-assemble the Denmark national side at the Emirates Raddy? 😆

Could do a lot worse than those lads Rasp…

55. andy says:

Robinson, kjaer melo and chamakh plus our youngsters coming through and we WILL win the lot next year.

56. Rasputin says:

I’m not sure what sort of welcome an ex-spud keeper would get at the Emirates. I think Rob Green is far more likely out of the two.

57. dandan says:

Pat Jennings was an ex spud and we would sell our souls to get one as good as him back again from wherever he came Rasp. God all my dreams would come true he was the business

58. Franchise says:

Guys expect the same ole next year 😀

according to le bos we overachieved so its all good

59. Rasputin says:

Can’t argue with that dandan, Jennings was exceptional. I don’t think Robinson is any better than Green so it wouldn’t be such a coup.

60. Rasputin says:

Hi Franchise,

Have you come on to upset us? 😆

61. Rasputin says:

I did think it was a bit odd when Arsène said this yesterday…

….”The second biggest trophy in England, after winning the Premier League, is qualifying for the Champions League”

I’m going to have to make allowances for the language barrier here – he knows that there is no trophy for qualifying 3rd for the CL so I suppose he was using the word ‘trophy’ to mean ‘prize’

62. Franchise says:

Rasputin Wenger can do no wrong

we are zombies and have to take what he he says

obey the master 😀

63. Franchise says:

soon im sure we would be reminded that we are privileged to have a stadium as some teams just play on pitches 😉

64. tommystout says:

good post andy, hope you write more…. summer is gonna be a long spell without wengaball.
    i hear all these Gk’s getting mentioned but no one plumbs for Craig Gordon, he’d get my nod. As for ex spud robinson, i thought he had a trial with us and was discarded on his reflext tests.
    I think djorou will partner TV next season and Arsene will hire another oldy along with sol to replace gallas and sylvester.
    do we need a midfielder with eastmond/wilshere/ ramsey/ jet/ lansbury back in the frey?
    and the forward line will be complete with chamach… all they have to do is shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot for f’s sake!

65. Rasputin says:

Hi tommy,

We were linked to Gordon for months before he signed for Sunderland. He’s been good for them but I wouldn’t say outstanding and why would they sell him?

66. Rasputin says:

Franchise,

Have you passed up the chance to have your name and a short message carved into a stone and set in the concourse by the Gunnery a-la Beverley Hills – you can only do that when you’ve got a stadium 😉

67. tommystout says:

the papers up here are saying that we are sniffing around him again!

68. Franchise says:

Rasputin im just waiting for le boss’ go ahead message

69. andy says:

Thx Tommy. Yeah I’ve seen us linked to him and Sorensen as well as all the others which is why i think it will be someone else. I can honestly see it being a cheap older keeper which is why Im thinking of Robinson or worst nightmare David James !

70. andy says:

As for the midfielder, we have loads of talent and promise but no experience, Need an older head in there to guide the young-uns

71. Alfa says:

Andy, good post and plenty of positives, although I can’t agree with you about AA. OK he is a surly little bugger at times hobbling about like a dwarf who lost his pick-axe but he was up for the game yesterday and seeing him, RvP and Theo playing off each other was a joy, a reminder of what we can be when we have our best players playing well.

He was smiling his face off during the ‘Lap of Appreciation’ after the match, I think he may be misunderstood (but what do I know).

Rasp, Peaches, I’ve drafted a post considering how we might spend the rumoured transfer bonanza, take a look when you have a minute.

72. andy says:

I hope ur right alfa, there’s no deying his ability just doesn’t seem to fit in sometimes and gives the impression he’s just putting himself in the shop window

73. andy says:

Although in fairness to AA i know how frustrating it can be just watching the team sometimes and seeing the obvious failings (only a few – still being positive). It must be far worse when you are playing and you know you should be doing better.

AA has to be a starter. He has imagination, technique, strength and he can shoot. But he has to be given a specific role.

As far as I can see he floats about the left side of the pitch when I would be happier to see him playing just behind RvP. but what do I know…

75. Chippy says:

My view for what it’s worth is that if we are to carry on with 4 3 3 there’s a good chance next year we will line up with chamakh at the head of a 3 pronged attack consisting of him central and AA , RVP either side tasty I’d say 😉 if that’s the case would defo need to buy another more defensive minded midfielder to play alongside song and cesc,

I agree that the priority is to strengthen the defence first and foremost, as Wenger implied last night.If that is the case Silvestre,Senderos, Traore,Gallas (who looks like leaving) and Almunia have to go, and that may lead to a change of our attacking system back to 4-4-2.

I am also concerned about Rosicky and Eduardo through their long injuries, and a dramatic improvement is required in our crossing and the form of Vela and Walcott if they are to become first team regulars.

I have high hopes for Gibbs, a natural if not eventual replacement for Clichy, keep Eboue at right back even if that means inter changing with Sagna, Song will continue to improve and with Denilson I still think we could do better.I respect he has his admirers and his stats make wonderful reading, but to me he is a good understudy.

77. Chippy says:

Kelsey,
    Agree about Gibbs looks a fine player in the making,
    Personally I think Eduardos as good as gone he’s hardly played a minute in the last four games and thats been with nothing at stake so I’d go as far to say that Wengers been protecting his transfer value, Wouldnt be at all surprised if he was used in some sort of swap deal, Vela I think will get another season as the 4th forward,

I agree Chippy.

79. Chippy says:

If he is used in some kind of swap where’s your money Raddy ? I think there will be alot of swap and loan deals this summer as every other bugger apart from city and Chelsea are skint Real and barca are skint but will find 100 mill from behind the sofa I’d guess 🙂

80. London says:

What a bloody good post

“Some positives when it is easy to be bleak”

Andy you are now an official member of my team.

81. London says:

Eduardo will be playing in the World Cup for his transfer.

We can’t have Traore and Gibbs, one of them has got to go and I am convinced that Wenger wants to anglify the team so it’s adieu Traore.

82. the ones who follow politics on here should enjoy this one… the last 2 minutes are especially rewarding for the viewer

83. London – Croatia missed out on the world cup 😉

84. London says:

SFH

LOL, thanks, I must keep up.

Traore is history. The B’burn game was his chance to shine and he was anonymous. Sad because he seems a decent player, but with 2 such brilliant LB’s , there is no future for him at THOF.

Could Eduardo go to Everton in a swap deal for Jagielka?

Or with Bolton for Cahill?

Of course, should we sell Clichy, and I hope we don’t, Traore would stay and Gibbs would be our no.1 LB – not too shabby !

And then Clichy would bring in a big fee which could be used on a world class CB.

87. London says:

Interesting stuff BR

Take me out of my Arsenal comfort zone and I am quickly lost, what position does Jagielka play, is it CB or DM?

He is a CB but can play DM. Was Everton player of the year last year. Broke his cruciate ligament at the start of this season and was the reason Senderos was signed, but his return meant that Swiss Phil didn’t get a sniff.

There is no way Everton would sell him but he is the right type of player for us. Tough, experienced, a leader on the pitch and 27 y.o

89. London says:

Yep, ticks all the boxes, I knew most of that but it says something to me that after the amount of games I have been impressed when watching him that I still couldn’t work out if he was a better DM or CB. Everton are in a position where every player they have is for sale but they don’t sell cheap.

90. jagielka is too short

we need a towering figure alongside TV

91. 5ft 11… so same as TV

no way, we need a human tower to clear those high ball into the box.

tv and jag would be a dream CB pairing for a team with a 6ft+ striker

92. London says:

Fair play SFH

Who would be your dream CB signing, if Gallas left?

93. probably sakho from PSG

tall, athletic, electric fast, strong… he is basically a younger gallas.

94. London says:

Wow, do you know if he is left or right footed?

95. he is left footed, which is a problem.

Why is it OK to play two right footed CB but not 2 lefties?

97. good question, in theory it is not an issue.. but in reality, the balance of a lefty and righty can only enhance the effectiveness of the pairing.

98. London says:

Then it seems the ideal would be sharing on the left side Vermealen and Sakho and Gallas and Djourou sharing the right.

Clearly so. But werent’t TA and Stevie B both right footed? And they were a pretty effective partnership.

Thankfully, it must be easier to find a right footed CB. Though I still have hopes for JD.

100. same here, br

i think JD can cut it for us, he has the perfect attributes to partner tv.

gallas is 100% defo gone… was gone a while back.

101. London says:

JD is the chosen one; he hasn’t been hanging around for nothing that’s to say he has been constantly reassured by Wenger that he is very much in his plans for the simple reason, his USP…………pace, pace and pace: the all important thing that separates him from Senderos.

102. Chippy says:

Think the last place Eduardo will go is another prem team due to his injury Im thinking France or Spain, Cahill looks a fine centrehalf in the making the only thing that would worry me us that Villa put up no sort of fight in keeping him and there academy is pretty good at judging players, maybe they just made a boo boo with him every club does it from time to time!

Tell you who I rate that I think we may have made an offer for before he signed a new deal, Alex at chelsea he’s exactly what we need tall strong and does the hard yards, been a big fan since him and gomes transpired to knock us out the champs league a few seasons back for psv they were superb over the 2 legs,

The young Danish kid playing in Italy is meant to be handy but I haven’t seen anything of him and Raddys probably a whole lot better placed to make a comment on him but a few have said he’s a top talent whether he’s still a bit young for what we need is a question tho

103. London says:

I’m not 100% convinced that Gallas has gone.

104. all the signs are there london.

he will nto take a pay cut, and is being offered 3 yr deals elsewhere, and has never really had any proper affinty for the club or the fans.

i won’t be dissapointed to see him go.

will be over the moon to see the Arsenal Number 10 jersey go to a striker/attacking midfielder

was disgusting to let a CB have, total joke.

105. when was the last time a player out of contract.. in the last year… renwed his contract in the summer?

NEVER happened!!!

if they renew, they do it at least 6 months before the contract runs out.

he has 3 weeks left on his contract.

gone.

106. London says:

I said I wasn’t a 100% I was around 75 although perhaps after reading that I am up to 80…….you make some good points.

How many players did you say you though would come in before the WC?

107. i think 2 before, 1 after.

chamakh and 1 other before WC

108. not finished a season fit and free of injury since 2007.

we are well shot of him.

109. London says:

You may be right. Chamakh we all know but if Gallas is gone then Wenger is going to have to buy a CB early, alla TV. A position as important as a CB must be sorted out quickly, so with that in mind we might end up owing you all our houses 😉

I am at 85% about WG. Not attending the Lap oA is another indicator. I hate that he doesn’t give anything back to the club.

111. London says:

Slightly off subject BR, I missed the spuds — city game did you see Lennon? Is he more deserving of a WC spot than Theo?

112. London says:

I guess I went off subject a bit too far, no probs, see y’all tomorrow.

Sorry London. Getting abused on another site!!

Of course he isn’t!! I am amazed you asked

Morning all.

I have to repeat that first and foremost we have to get our own house in order before guessing, (because that’s all it is) as to who may come in.Several players out of contract, then you have the same poser as with Adebayor with Gallas and Arshavin, shall we call it attitude.Squads are being reduced and the likes of Senderos,Merida are off.Will Traore be kept with Clichy and Gibbs far more established.Wilshere if he is good enough should be recalled.Vela and Walcott need games on a consistant level, though my gut feeling is that not much will change with them.Theo may go to the World Cup, but will he get any real playing time.I hope Wenger takes more decisive actions on the players such as Eduardo and Rosicky, who in my opinion would be better to move on,rather than the wait and see scenario.Djorou has yet to prove himself in the top flight consistenly and of course we have a double keeper problem.The irony is that we still finished a respectable third and my thoughts on AW is give him another season but he has to be more ruthless.

I look through other Arsenal sites and to be quite honest it is becoming a joke,Made up headlines, opinions that cannot be validated, false rumours about the entire squad either being unhappy or wanting to leave and some people are stupid enough to respond.

I read yesterday that fabregas had signed for barca two weeks ago, another article that at first glance looked plausible, and of course all it does is to promote a reaction and get more hits.It is getting beyond a joke.nearly every interview with our manager and players is taken completely out of context just to stir up the media Anti Arsenal feeling.it really is rather sad.

Morning Kelsey.

A2 is an oasis of calm and good sense! I too read other blogs and occasionally contribute, but the level of stupidity across the Arsenal Community is astonishing.

On second thoughts…. it isn’t. It is in line with the National Norm 😀

Fine comment (7.27)

The only point I would disagree with is Rosicky. I believe he will continue to improve as he gets confidence in his body. Perhaps he will never be the player we saw in the 2006 WC, but he adds a bit of bite to his creativity.

I see Wilshere being loaned out until January, maybe Vela as well. Eduardo is a dead man walking IMO

118. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Evening BR

Can you tell me who jaguar actually is as per blog world, coz I tend to agree with you.

GG. I can’t remember!! But a list was on ACLF a couple of days ago. He has about 5 other i-d’s and probably many more.

Hope all is well in Tas. as I head off to work…..

120. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Things going well here BR. Don’t work too hard 🙂

121. Rasputin says:

New post …..

122. Wendy says:

Nice post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I am impressed!

Extremely helpful information particularly the ultimate section 🙂 I take care of such info much.

I used to be looking for this certain info for a
    very lengthy time. Thank you and good luck.