Despite all the positives of the season, there are still some areas of improvement…
- Inability to perform when it matters. We had two dips in form when we shouldn’t have (not counting the start of the season)…Of course, the team is young but we did not have any European Cup or many Domestic Cup games…Seems at times that we just bottled it…
- Lack of cutting edge up front. We did create chances, especially Odegaard and Saka. Laca provided some assists but we did expect more goals. While our defensive performances still needs to improve, I believe that a more reliable goal scoring performance could have snatched a few points given the fact that we created good chances through our midfield and wingers.
- Our start of the season was catastrophic and did put us in a tough situation from the on-set with a mountain to climb.
- Our runs in Domestic Cups was poor. We should have reached, at least, the last 4 in both domestic cups given that we did not play European footie.
- Our inability to recruit during the Winter transfer window. Tottenham bought 2 players that made an instant contribution to the team and allowed them to have a great second half of the season…What if we had one forward or midfielder that joined us.
- Our recurring injuries to key players like Tierney and Partey.
- The lack of playing time for Lokonga and Tavares’ defensive and crossing woes (that will come also in the ugly)
- Finishing behind Spurs and missing out on Top 4.
I am sure there are others but here are the first ones. What are your thoughts?