A comfortable 5-1 home win against Sunderland who came to play rather than to win. Some slick dribbling, passing and scoring. It was a fun game and we were punished when we dropped our level a bit…What did we learn from this game?
- Eddie is our go-to striker in Cup ties
- Pepe can do really well against lower opposition but he is paid to do that well against the big boys…
- Leno will concede goals
- Cedric and Tavares are good going forward but really need to sharpen things up defensively
- Xhaka can shore things up in our midfield at times
- Odegaard finding his feet at AFC
- Patino can feature in our team at times and Balogun needs more exposure to first-team games (a loan in the EPL would be beneficial, maybe even in the Championship…)
A lot to ponder for Arteta:
- What do we do with Auba now? Martinelli, ESR, Saka, Eddie, Martin are scoring and Laca seems to be leading ably…
- What do we do with Eddie now? AFC and Arteta clearly stated they want him to stay but it s up to Eddie to decide what he wants to do. Would he rather go to Newcastle (or similar_ like Willock for more playing time or does he try to fight for his spot at AFC?
- Holding can be our CB in the rotation so we have 3 secured CBs for next year already: Gabs, White, Holding. Who will be the 4th and eventual 5th: Chambs? Mari? Saliba? Mavropanos? Other?
Anyways…AMN nor Lokonga featured. Does anybody know why? Covid-19?