The Top 3 teams in the EPL are, at least, within the Top 5 teams in Europe:
- Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool, Bayern, Real…
There is a case for Dortmund (as always), Ajax (who is having a great year again) and may be even Atletico Madrid but teams like PSG, Juve, Barcelona and Man Utd or Sevilla or Villareal are looking a bit off the pace SO FAR… the December reality may not be the May-June reality…
In the EPL, the top 3 teams have widened the gap with the rest of the pack until now whether it is Man Utd, Leicester, West Ham, Tottenham and ourselves. At this stage, we cannot totally discard them but Wolves and Aston Villa or Brighton do seem to be fighting more for a Top 8 finish but who knows..
The interesting thing is that there are 5 genuine contenders for the 4th and last Top 4 sports and it is hard to tell which team will come on top comes the end of the season.
- Man Utd has a deep and talented squad and now a very good coach so there is a chance that they kick-on…
- Tottenham has a good squad and strong coach as well and they may start winning games more regularly in the second half of the season
- West Ham has been playing well this season and building on last season’s progress
- Leicester has a core group of players that knows how to get things done and a very good coach as well
- And then we have been rather good, built a good set-up and shoring things up defensively mostly…
So who will land the prized 4th spot?
- Project Arteta?
- Project Conte?
- Project Moyes?
- Project Rangnik?
- Project Rodgers?
I am, of course, hoping for Project Arteta but the other teams have talent and proven coaches so it won’t be easy….The direct games against these teams are going to be key to securing the Top 4….What’s your take?
COYG! Let us finish in the Top 4 and start building a Champions-League worthy team….