So we drew to Norwich away, at Norwich but playing away is not an excuse. A team of our calibre should win this game (should not matter that Norwich had a good result vs City).
– The team played with more intent going forward
– The team outshot the opposition, albeit by one shot
– Freddie’s reaction at the end of the game on the side line was good, he was annoyed that we didn’t win. His post-match interview was also good
– Leno was clearly MOTM
– Torreira did well when he came on
– Auba scored two
– Xhaka didn’t do poorly
– Conceded two goals on the break. We still can’t defend at the edge of our box.
– Chambers had a good first half and then he had moments but overall he struggled defensively
– Mustafi had the usual lapses of concentration
– Willock was like a ghost on the pitch
– Ozil didn’t really impact the game but seems he was told to play more like a fake winger
– Auba on the right wing worked well initially but he is so much more lethal as a central forward
– Luiz is not acting at a leader at the back
– 2 points lost
Questions for Thursday’s game:
– Will Bellerin, AMN or Chambers play at RB?
– Will Holding or Sok or Mustafi play at CB next to Luiz?
– Will Tierney replace Kola?
– Who will play ahead of Willock or will Freddie trust him again?
– What about Ozil?
– Will Pepe be given a chance?
– Will Auba be back in the centre?
– Will FL and BFG try new players?
Leno – Bellerin, Holding, Luiz, Tierney – Chambers, Torreira, Douzi – Laca – Pepe, Auba