The Leicester Game….some match feelings

Well, if our own intrepid specialist author of the “in-depth” post, Mr GoonerB Esq, was confused after watching The Arsenal play majestic football against The Burnley, he will be aghast at the away performance of last night.

This was a match with no meaning, and the ten men of Arsenal put in a staggering display of effort, and commitment. Remember, this was away AND meaningless. Unreal. Had Arsenal managed to combine the performance of Sunday with that effort, over the course of the season well, who knows.

One thing for sure, I’d imagine the new manager will lick his lips at the prospect as he is inheriting a very talented squad who can really give it the beans. Yip, I know, the defence, but aren’t we just two or three worlds short, GB? I think we are.

My overall feelings? Yes, I still reckon Iwobi has what it takes, and Maitland Niles remains a truly outstanding prospect, and I believe that even using the word prospect is exceedingly harsh. Of course, the question of his his most effective role remains unresolved, but after last night, I’m a whole lot less concerned about an injury to Bell.

Lastly, it was a crying shame our young Greek got himself sent off, as I’m pretty sure we would have won otherwise, nonetheless, losing meaningless games does not hurt. It was after all a pulsating end-to-end encounter leaving me feeling very optimistic.

Written by MickyDidIt89

40 Responses to The Leicester Game….some match feelings

1. fred1266 says:

When and how did bellerin get injured

Also didn’t see the Greek tackle anyone has a gif of it

Cheers, Micky.
    Very encouraging if you thought it was a good team performance.

Fredamundo
    Bellerin wasn’t even in Leicester.

Nice work Micky …. we’re still on course to set a new record …. nil points in 2018 … worst away record in Europe 🙂

It was a meaningless game.

Yes M-N and Mavropanos are both great prospects. Mavropanos showing he has the credentials to be an Arsenal CB with the red (not meant ironically)

I read your comment about letting Ramsey go …. my guess is he’s decided to leave any way. Up until he got injured, it must have been hard for Rambo to see the joy The Ox had been getting from his football at Pool.

5. fred1266 says:

I know but the post said he was injured or did I miss read

Good read, thanks

The balance of the comments is back to where it should be: if we win, more comments and if we loose, less.
    But this wasn’t the case very recently.
    For ages, it was a case that if we lost the place would be awash with people moaning and calling for change.
    I suppose this is progress don’t knock it.

LB, my belief is that our biggest loss of all is losing Arsene Wenger, I will forever be miffed that he was not allowed the grace to leave when he chose to and not have it dictated to him. Not the most popular opinion but it’s how I feel.

Cheers Micky

I have a theory about our crap away form. Style and atmosphere

As a kid, I had a neighbor a couple of years older than me called Snotty Stanley. His constant dribble was so off putting that the obese would seek out Stanley to put them off there dinner.

My 3 brothers all hated Stanley. He once turned up round our house whilst they were eating ice cream, so now because of him they can no longer eat dairy products. In revenge, having made sure they had eaten there lunch first, invited him round where they would pin him down whilst I used him as a punch bag. There cheers as I battered Stanley made me hit harder and straighter.

About a week later I was walking to school when I spotted a kid at a distance running toward me. Though I could not tell straight away who he was, I quickly realised he was covered in Mucus, so it could only be an enraged Stanley. Despite legging it, he, driven by foot and mouth disease caught up, and beat the shit out of me. Without my brothers support, my punches were no longer straight, and it would have also helped if they were sitting on him.

The next day I also developed terrible flu.

My point is that away from home we approach the games like we do at the Grove. Basically passing it from our own goal line, but our opponents, spurred on by a vociferous and nostril congested crowd, are on us like a shot and force mistakes.

This is why I want the next manager to tinker with our style, be a bit more direct and turn up with a box of Kleenex. It’s also why I get violent when someone takes out a handkerchief.

Terry you make comedy a precious art form.

11. fred1266 says:

Yea G5 I agree with you

CL Final 26 May

Not a good omen for Pool 🙂

I wish he’d been more like this with the wanky journos more often

Micky
    I doubt you’d find a scouser who remembers what happened on that date.
    Expunged from their memories

Only reason I mention the 26th is I have a two day canoe mini-expedition that weekend and it’s the next worthwhile-bothering event in my diary

Need a worthwhile-bothering event for this weekend. ideas?

Where’s your canoe expedition taking place?

I have Lads and Dads camping that weekend including one scouser and his two lads.

Local river, The Torridge. We’re doing as close to river head as possible (about 10ft wide) down to sea. About 25 miles

Already done it all before in stages but this time one go, camp half way. 4 canadian canoes, 12 peeps. Funnily enough all lads and dads with two of the lads being daughters

Hardly the wild waters of alaska, but still fun. Loads of otters, kingfishers, getting wet. Shit like that 🙂

How about a pretendy to Huddersfield this weekend?
    You could go and pretend to visit Harold Wilson’s birthplace and everything.

7:07 love that

Two of the lads being daughters. 🙂

Jealous of otters and kingfishers, might see a barn owl and some beach donkeys on the Lincolnshire coast!
    Will the camping half way be at a site or rough camping?

I’ve seen Mrs Wilson before. Sitting outside her bungalow on the Isles of Scilly. Now, there’s a place worth visiting

Rough

One of the great things about this river is that doesn’t pass through a single village/town or near a road. You probably won’t see a single other human

Only chance is a salmon fisherman, but on the whole they’re wankers who think they have exclusive rights to the river. I remind them of the Magna Carta that affords all commoners of their rights to passage over all of England’s waterways, and it’s never been repealled. I looked that up ages ago 🙂

Look at the construction of that!!!!!

Ooo, a sail to get up river. That clip is the bottom, wider end, towards the sea. Further up can be a bit bumpier with rocks and shit, so going up stream is not an option

6.40. That cheered me up

7:23 . Ooooooooo, aaaand what have we gaat heeer faaarm girl 🙂

7.23 Wonder what attracted chas to that video?

Erik

Hopefully, Chas is planning an entire summer of starting our days with informative videos from Faaarm Gurrrl

Would be a fine way to start the day!

NEW POST