Be Careful What You Wish For

Today we have another guest post from West Ham Bob, a man with considerable knowledge about the great game but who, through no fault of his own, supports today’s opposition…

Six weeks ago, I viewed this game with a great deal of fear. However thanks to the appalling form of Southampton and Stoke (wouldn’t it be brilliant if Mark Hughes took both clubs down in one season?) we reach this point with very little for either side to play for.

In some respects both our clubs have been experiencing a great deal of turmoil. Yours over the future of Arsene Wenger and the failure of your board to run a coherent transfer and team investment policy and ours over the total and utter mismanagement of our club, by three complete imbeciles.

Unknown-1.jpeg

This season has seen a significant worsening of relations between some of our fan base and the board, which culminated in the scenes witnessed at the Burnley game. The lead up to that moment would take me many pages of script to explain, however suffice to say, it was a total and utter failure to provide investment to the team, together with a string of outright lies and incompetence over so many aspects of the move and life at the soulless bowl.

Whilst as a vfan base we are divided on much of this (some actually like the stadium and think the owners saved us from oblivion 9 years ago) the one thing that unites us is Karren F’ing Brady. For it was her job to manage the transition to the Olympic stadium and she negotiated what has turned out to be a truly appalling contract for all concerned. Interestingly for someone who bills themselves as the country’s pre-eminent female entrepreneur, she’s never actually launched a single company in her life!

Her list of crimes and lies is very very long and includes giving up all control on match day stewarding, food and beverage, the ability to West Hamify the stadium, the tedious walk to the ground, mixing would be sitters and standers leading to countless fights, insulting Leicester’s owners in her high quality Saturday article in the currant bun which has lead to them refusing to carry out transfer business with us and the list goes on and on.

But perhaps her biggest crime was her sickening attempt to pitch fan vs fan during the build up to a protest march which seemed to have gained significant support. Through a series of lame promises and outright bribes (don’t march and we will donate monies to a young girl suffering from cancer) she managed to get the protest called off and in the process set the seeds for what occurred at the Burnley game.

Similarly, one of our esteemed Chairman, (brilliantly named The Dildo Brothers by the President of Sporting Lisbon) David Sullivan met with WHUISA (our independent supporters association) and made another series of ridiculous promises including him stepping down from his self-appointed ‘director of football’ role. And just 4 weeks later he has rowed back on that, claiming that Moyes doesn’t need a DOF and will handle all incomings and outgoings.

Truthfully, our club has become a total clusterfuck. We brought into a promise of a world class team in a world class stadium. By moving we would get to play with the big boys. And so many of us became greedy and believed it. Whilst all the time, The Dildo brothers were refusing to invest in the team (28 m net spend in the last 4 transfer windows) and charging 7% interest on their loans thus stripping millions of pounds out of the club. Interestingly, Mike Ashley charges slightly less at Newcastle for his loans – a big fat zero!

And then there is the sale of the ground. Originally sold to Galliard Homes for 38 million and then the day after our last game, sold on by Galliard to Barratt Homes for 80 million and surprise surprise, no one can quite work out why and where exactly that 42 million went!!

And it’s now been 16 months since I went to the soulless bowl. You see I decided that the only true form of protest was to boycott the games and refuse to give these three shysters any of my money. And interestingly, it appears from the outside that this is exactly the tactic that has seen this weeks change at Arsenal as match day attendances have plummeted. And I am more convinced than ever that it is the only effective form of protest available to us fans.

So to today’s game. Whilst we are still mathematically in the relegation shake up, Moyes will view a point as gold dust so expect 10 behind the ball and a very moody Marko up top getting more and more frustrated as the game goes on. Keep an eye out for Declan Rice, future Republic of Ireland captain, and a real class act at centre back and if you sit in the first couple of rows on either side, take a poncho as Arthur Masuaku will be gobbing his way down the wing. Our last away game was a 1-1 draw with Chelski, but I think the Arsene effect will be on parade and I expect you boys to win by 3.

Finally some thoughts about your managerial vacancy. My sincere hope is Alan ‘chocolate’ Pardew gets the job but I think that’s a little bit of a long shot! 20 odd years ago Arsenal brought in an unknown manager who turned out to be pretty good so why not go for something similar. Graham Potter at Ostersund is about to be out of a job (turns out his Chairman has been a very naughty little boy) and he has that team playing a great brand of football.

Enjoy the Game

written by West Ham Bob

87 Responses to Be Careful What You Wish For

Thanks Bob

Great read, and who could fail to appreciate The Dildo Brothers sobriquet…..superb

Hard not to agree the whole W’ham move to be anything but a shambles. Talk about ripping the soul out of the club.

2. Ants says:

Good ole West Ham Bob brings some perspective back to how great it is to support The Arsenal compared to the plight of some other clubs. West Ham really are in a shocking state at the moment. I have friends who support West Brom and Sunderland.. how must they be feeling now?

Thank you Bob. Good to see your satisfaction with how your club is managed 😀

It is always interesting to hear from opposition fans especially when their club is in turmoil.

As to The Arsenal, today will be Wengerday and rightly so. The great man deserves all the Goonerlove he receives.

4. Ants says:

Hey Micky

I’ve got my shorts on today!

Great read WHBob, thanks.
    West Ham don’t deserve the Dildo brothers.

I’m really not sure if football is about the ordinary spectator anymore. If big clubs could fill the ground with corporate, they would.
    The only trouble is, is that the corporate mob will only turn up if there’s a reasonable atmosphere at the ground.

TV doesn’t give a shit about travelling fans. Everything is based around the armchair fan.

This will come back to bite pretty soon, I reckon.

The flux at Arsenal is exciting, disappointing (in a way) and will, ultimately, change very little, I suspect.

Thanks again for the pre-match.

I’ve got my shorts on, too.
    Disgraceful behaviour from someone who isn’t at Primary school.

7. Ants says:

..and wearing plimsolls

8. Ants says:

Anyway Bob, we can all still laugh at Tottnum

Morning Folks,

Ant, Chas @ 10:12 seems to be sharing family photos this a.m. — which is a good thing — but whose shoulders are you perched on? 😀

Sky are deifying AW, after all those hours of slagging the man.

12. Ants says:

I’m here.. that’s the zoo keeeper

BR
    Apparently there was an Arsene love in on the Beeb about his love affair with the FA Cup yesterday during the build up to the spud semi.
    They’re so hypocritical yet the thought of it winding up the watching spuds was amusing.

Wenger has won more than the spuds in their entire history.
    Hahaha.

It all seems a bit odd to realise this morning that, in effect, Arsène’s reign has ended, and the papers are full of speculation about the next manager.

What also becomes clear is that all the top managers only seem to stay at a club for around 3 season’s, depending on success, and less if they are not winning trophies, so that is going to be a very different environment for many fans under 30 y.o.

At least that will stop the internecine ‘war’ between Arsenal fans.
    (Altho some seem to have enjoyed the quarrelling and ‘hating’ each other and the manager far more than supporting the club or the team.)

I have said that for many reasons Arsene, a decent man and a great manager at his peak,, should have stood down some years back, for his own health reasons, and because very naturally no one can be at the top of his game year after year for two decades, especially with new young managers pinching your ideas and introducing their own and frankly making it impossible to compete as time goes by.

Hi Ant,

So, do you have a twin brother? 😀

[Just joshing you — I wish I had the lifestyle you and Chas have — always doing things, and supporting the Arsenal without unpleasantness – as well as enjoying train journeys with the proper amount of liquid refreshments. I would be under the table shortly after leaving the station — as would GB.] 😀

season’s, RA?
    😆

Chas,

I have been watching many of the TV eulogies for Arsène, which is a little odd as he is not dead, but truth to say I have enjoyed them.

This morning, in the Sunday Times there was the first sour note from Graham Souness, who managed to say “I did not know the man” as AW refused to sup with him after various matches – and then went on to try and make Arsène as not fit to wipe the shoes of Fergie, and made him out to be rather ordinary.

Total tosser — which in itself is no surprise from someone who thinks he is God’s gift to TV commentating.

18. Ants says:

We’re having fun as usual RA- which is the point of life I believe..
    GB drinks like a big girls blouse… and types like a solitary Trappist monk in his spare time

Damnit, Chas, you are becoming too good at spotting surplus inverted commas. No one else would of spotted it.

Doh!! That should have been ‘have’ not ‘of’ — so I will have to improve my syntax and spelling before you give me a larruping. 😀

Ant,

😝 😝 Agreed.

GB, eh? So with his odd infatuation with long suffering camels, he is also a monk who likes inflicting pain on innocent bloggers – just for the hell of it! 😀

Only kidding, RA, I assumed it was an automatic spell checker thing.
    That’s the only reason I commented.

I agree that Arsène should have stepped down before now, though I don’t think the inter fan war will cease – there are far too many complete arseholes now involved in following The Arsenal.

Have to go and finish a letter or two before the game starts — are you two galoots going today?

Yep, hence photos at train station. ☺️

24. Malaysian gunner says:

Be careful what you wish for. Well. Well.If Arsenal don’t take agamble it would be as I told you.It would be arepetition of seasons
    past with the fm unable to cope with the continual slide.
    I think one thing is for sure. With anew guy,it s unlikely the gunners will ever concede 8 goals.This fella might go direct instead of playing weaving soccer which can be easily neutralized something the fm would nevre give up.
    I have been saying he shd have gone after 8-2 rout.

Malaysian gunner
    The ‘be careful what you wish for’ was from a West Ham fan, but I suppose you’d know that if you’d read the post. 😮

Ant and Duck must be approaching the pub by now. Shorted up and lubricated.

I am envious

28. Thank you WH Bob for an excellent pre match.

I’ve always assumed that it’s the football that keeps you going back but I had considered not renewing my season ticket as the pass pass pass football recently was so boring. It turns out that for me it’s ‘hope of change’ that’s gonna keep me going. I’m on the train, all the usual company tucked neatly into various pockets. Hope you don’t all get too hot 😉

In the armchair

Erik

Are the after effects of a good lunch beginning to weigh heavily on the eyelids yet? 🙂

Mine are sagging despite a crap lunch

Yes Micky, I drifted off after 20 mins. Woke up to see Elneny being carried off. What happened?

Not exactly a riveting half

Got to say this is more of the same-same from Arsenal.

I am convinced the next manager will want to bring in other players — this lot have contributed to Wenger going — but as he bought them …..

Phew, only 45 mins to go. To carry on or to sleep, that is the question

BR,

Elneny and Noble both put their feet up to a high ball — Noble let Mo kick into his studs — as he could not get to the ball it was a nasty foul.

Come on Rasp

Possession and shots on goal stats 🙂

On second thoughts, maybe just focus on cone watch

Thanks RA. Hope he is fit for the WC

37. fred1266 says:

Keep up the intensity

Okay, we’re now into what I call end of season doesn’t matter sunshine football 🙂

Good for Danny and Laca ahead of thurs

40. fred1266 says:

Aubameyang made a huge difference, Iwobi needs to pattern his game after him

Very enjoyable last 20 mins

Lovely 2nd 45. Bring on Thursday

What a 2nd half transformation!! 🙃

44. fred1266 says:

Since the news about arsene I haven’t been on social media, had me depressed

Was watching his post match interview and reporter asking him if he was pushed out

Anyone has a reason he decided to resign

45. Ants says:

Fred – Keep up

Fred
    Wenga got pissed off with you just putting ‘In’ when anyone had bothered writing a post, that’s why he’s leaving.
    Don’t start putting on comments of more than one word now, FFS.

A noticeably different atmosphere today, no longer a divide among the supporters, everyone pulling in the same direction, all very exciting again — perhaps four goals had a tinsy winsy bit to do with it.

Still, bring on Athletico.

48. Lovely 2nd half, just what I came for 😁

49. Thursday night is going to be rocking 😁

50. I was thinking how Joe Hart had made some great saves when he let one in at his near post 😂😂😂

51. Rasp is playing cricket missing all the football fun.

Hope, faith and even charity have returned to The Ems

Sounds much happier

53. Ants says:

And a sloth.

I guess West HAm Bob would say they did not deserve to lose so heavily. as for 60 mins WHU were right in the game.

Desperate to see Oziil and Miki in this team

Same shit in block 115 ( most of it from me 😑).
    No change from any of the usual suspects, still whining and thanking the Lord he’s going.

Unusual to see Spurs choke. 😀

58. Well good fun filled last 45 playing a bit of Wengerball to cheer us all up.

Really surprised in the starting line up, unless he wanted Laca, Welly and Iwobi to work out a few more patterns, as others have said PEA brought some much needed pace and directness, worry we may miss him on Thursday.

And Giroud helps Chavs to the cup final, so if I want a former Gooner to win the cup I think I’m going have to back the French Adonis. Cracking feet from the underrated Giroud.

59. fred1266 says:

Yea backing Chelsea also, there to scums on United I hope win nothing

And there lies the rub. The Adonis might win you a cup but he will never win you the league.

Sounds like I missed a good performance. Interesting that TS was reporting that the atmosphere was poor and lots of empty seats whereas those AAers who were at the game say different …… I know who I believe 🙂

11 hrs 30 mins later, and I’m still giggling over The Dildo Brothers.

That funny, or time to grow up?

63. fred1266 says:

What a goal by giroud though

I know talking football at this hour is inappropriate, rude and even vulgar but…..

Just read Mikhi defo out of thursday and Mesut unsure how flu recovery is going

That’s buggered up my monday

Mesut will be playing on Thursday 100%.
    Micki will be fit for the second leg.

That’s some good news as Laca definately needs one of them

Erik

I remain in awe of your ability to sneak the sunday snooze in during the first 45 yesterday, as it’s so easy to relax too much during the second 45

Normally that’s the best policy, but yesterday a disaster

I just made both up to soothe the furrowed anxiety of the captious man.

courtesy Stuart MacFarlane

ditto

Morning all, thanks to West Ham Bob for the post. I hope they stay in the EPL so we can enjoy more WHB posts next season.

Good win in the end. Still many basic issues in the team that I worry AM will ruthlessly expose but we will just have to see now.

LB 8.06pm yesterday, sums it up perfectly. Absolutely a very useful player to have in the squad, and I would still have him with us now. I know GIE feels he was underrated but I actually rated him, but just to a level and not beyond that, and your succinct description perfectly explains where we were with Ollie. In that sense (looking to him to be our 1st choice number 9 for the last 4-5 seasons) he has more been generally overrated for me.

Chas, who is that player? I want to say Suker. Also are you saying that AW said no in an interview when asked if the fans hounded him out and the papers went and printed that anyway?

Can I just ask that you all stop having digs at me with every comment. That Lord Chesterfield especially. Everything he says is aimed as a dig at poor old GoonerB. It makes me impetuous and now I am off to eagerly eat some trifle for comfort.

NEW POST