Signings on the Horizon?

Windows open. We could use some new blood. Will we get any?

images-1.jpeg

Can Arsenal afford to let Sanchez go and if they decide they can, is there a viable transfer target to replace him?

Debuchy could go but we have no-one to back up as a RWB/FB. Our central defence is wobbly with Koscielny fragile, BFG pensionable and the others inconsistent. We are lacking a right winger as Mr Wenger refuses to play Theo (who is likely to leave). Giroud is 31 and ageing fast. Welbeck is as good a finisher as I am. We lack spark in midfield with no-one able to get a grip on the game. Heaven forbid that Ozil leaves in summer.

So … is Draxler good enough? Is Turan too old? Will AFC compete in a hugely inflated market? In summer it was shocking to read we paid €35m for Mustafi, but at today’s prices was a bargain.

And who could get sold? Akpom, Elneny, Perez, Walcott, Coquelin, Debuchy ++?

My guess is that we will not buy anyone, sell a couple and loan a few out.

What do you think?

30 Responses to Signings on the Horizon?

Thanks Raddy (I presume)

Your prediction of “My guess is that we will not buy anyone, sell a couple and loan a few out.” is depressing and probably correct.

I do wish AW would occasionally use one of his tactical transfer lies to buoy our spirits instead of continually dashing our hopes.

He’s denying an interest in most of the targets we’d like to see … if he’s telling the truth … why??

Is it because he doesn’t want to own up to the “being out of the CL will not affect our spending in the TW” lie?

We actually made a small profit in our summer dealings, I think that put us at about 17th in the EPL rankings.

I have little hope of a decent addition to the squad in January … or even that he acknowledges the failings in his team that the rest of us witness all too frequently these days.

2. chas mobile says:

Cheers, BR

This is Dick Laws or whoever his replacement is, trying to get a new signing over the line.

Erik

Reading between the lines, I don’t get the impression you believe we’re about to embark on the final push to the summit 🙂

Or, wait, perhaps you’re deploying the classic tactical play of bringing expectations to absolute zero merely to enhance our joy when the cheques fly about with gay abandon 🙂

Thanks either way

I’ll be pleasantly surprised if we just sign someone I’ve ever heard of, which admittedly, narrows things down to a few elite players

So it’s back into the comfy chair I go 🙂

5. fred1266 says:

Thanks for the great laugh BR,
    Singing on how horizon

6. chas mobile says:

Maybe we need to sign Mike Dean from Tottnum?

Thanks for the read BR

One thing that everyone seems to have let slip under the radar and I am making a point of being the first to say it is that we do have cover for Bellerin should he get injured and Debouchy should he leave. In fact, I would say he would be first choice cover even if Debouchy satyed and Bellerin got injured.

What would be required to fill the void?

Someone right footed (not essential but always the better option).

Fast

And someone who is used to playing defender or wing back.

The answer is simple.

The young tory — Maitland-Niles

He ticks all the boxes.

LB I though Sir M-N was a leftie though knowing AW he will be adept in all positions

oh god, Maitland-Niles the answer to all our problems, LB had a tad too much of a good thing over the NY 🙂

What about Iwobi, our new brilliant prospect from last year? A no-no already? Told you so

can someone please remove that front bottom on the right? it’s revolting

affordable housing in Surrey 🙂 oinks are having fits 🙂

Fine looking man that chap in the Armoury Booth. Real babe magnet.

WBA didn’t have Dean playing for them tonight

MN is right footed and I am not suggesting he is the answer to all our problems I am merely suggesting that there is no reason why he cannot be back up for Bellerin.

15. Aaron says:

MN could play in front of our D. Cool as ice that kid with speed to kill.
    Play him anywhere in the back in front of Bel, Sead, or behind Xhaka. Just keep him on the field.
    Pray that Arsene picks up a strong, intelligent and pacey CB to replace Kos.

some men just don’t look good in suits

17. chas mobile says:

No man would look good in any of those suits.

Steady on
    That’s Transplant on the right
    Last week

All hands on deck
    Internet down
    Must reconnect before MWG KO

good point chas 🙂
    the ones on extreme right and left are just … fooking awful

oh dear didit, if the internet is down how did you manage to post at 7:54? you are deluded 🙂

I’m on mobile 4G

clever!! I am sorry I doubted your techie skills
    Why is the net down? The storm?

Over Christmas I read about the Russian war ships escorted from UK’s seas. Feck knows what they were doing there, but the internet cables buried at the bottom of the seas. All the Ruskis have to do is snip snip and we are fecked good and proper

We all had suits like that. I had one in green velvet – I was married in it and thought I looked the dogs bananas. Add in a huge collar shirt with a kipper tie and life was kushtie.

OMG raddie 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂
    I cannot believe you are even admitting to it. Any photos??

Eddie. Yes, plenty 😳😬