Ten League games in 6 weeks

Hey kids, I’ve just updated the widgets.

I’ve finally gotten round to spacing out the games per month in the Rasp’s excellent “Points Comparison” widget.

I was gobsmacked to find that in addition to the 3 League games left in November which start after the international break, we also have 7 games in December.

That’s 10 League games in just over 6 weeks.  So far we’ve only played 11 in the Prem in the 12 weeks since August 11th.

How are we feeling about the squad’s ability to cope with this demanding schedule?

Do you see any signs that Giroud might regain his starting spot? How about Lacazette playing off the big man?  Hopefully Danny can establish a longer run of games this time around.

What about Ozil and Sanchez? Do we need to start preparing for the time after they’re gone?

For those of you who thought Sterling didn’t dive just look at the classic feet splayed out position once perfected by Stevie G and Big Wayne.

Photo by Matthew Peters

Look at the classic open-mouthed appealing for a pen before hitting the deck. Possibly accompanied by the girlie scream just in case the ref isn’t convinced.

Have you ever seen anyone genuinely fouled whose legs end up like this?

Anyway, apols for this; I was getting bored with seeing Pep grinning at me from the pre-match. 🙂

chas

42 Responses to Ten League games in 6 weeks

Morning Chas,

I’m glad that you have neutralized Pep. Diving in football is insidious and needs to be wiped out,

I’ve maintained, to deaf ears, for years on end about the need for video replay on all penalty and straight red card decisions; these are two of the main decisions that can change the outcome of a game and the decision needs to be verified for accuracy.

Here are the next 10 PL games and we also have 2 Europa league games thrown in to make it 12 games.

Tottenham h

15th Leicester 1195km
    16th Southampton 1194km
    17th Stoke 1183km
    18th Swansea 1182km
    19th West Ham 1162km
    20th Man Utd 1162km

….and the Carabao Cup quarter.

Looks like nobody wants to out to play today?

Chas the dive that offended me the most, and still sticks in my craw, was when Rooney dived at Old Trafford to end our unbeaten run.

At least with V.A.R. the offside goal would have been disallowed.

As all the so called expert pundits and ex-refs have said Sterling didn’t dive, there’s no chance the penalty decision would have been overturned.

Here’s something to make you really angry.
    The PGMOL is run by this buffoon.

Ashley Cole first player to be booked in this game is just beyond belief.
    The sheer magnitude of the corruption is virtually impossible to swallow.
    Even Andy Gray and the commentator cannot believe it.

Thanks chas ….just as my anger at our apparent ‘lack of luck’ ( 😉 ) was beginning to subside, you go and make it all flare up again 🙂

That fixture congestion is bonkers, but I can’t claim unfair treatment unless the ‘favoured’ teams are playing significantly fewer games.

I have no doubt that the way the club and the manager conduct themselves (in a good way) has contributed to our unfair treatment from referees. Manu kick the shit out of us because that is the way they play = no departure from the norm. We put in a strong tackle and the referee sees that as ‘unarsenal’ and so punishes us … or am I being paranoid? The same tackle, different consequences in terms of the ref’s reaction.

9. Aaron says:

Did the FA switch the games to X-mas eve and New Years eve?

Liverpool Fri 22nd December
    Palace Thurs 28th Dec
    West Brom 31st Dec
    Chelsea 3rd Jan

All on TV.

Controversial opinion?

I really can’t see what all the fuss is about the @89thefilm.
    What exactly is it going to show us that we haven’t already seen before?
    Apart from maybe a few interviews with some old scrotes who were there 28 years ago.
    I’m not even that keen on O’Leary, Dixon, Adams, Merson and Smith anymore.

Underwhelmed.

Oi!! enough of the old scrotes…………

13. chas mobile says:

Hey, old scrotes who are all younger than me. 😆
    (Apart from Gorgeous George maybe)

Chas – Your 1:37 shows beyond any doubt just how biased Riley was – a contemptuous display of refereeing – and what makes it worse is that he got away with it. Then it was capped off by Rooney’s dive – makes my blood boil.

Wish I hadn’t watched the 1.37-

Riley was a shockingly poor pro-Manc referee and Oliver is his protege

16. jjgsol says:

I saw that match live and seeing the incidents again one has to ask how is it possible for a referee to get away with that?

Oliver’s mistakes or otherwise were nothing compared to that.

There was a great post on Untold Arsenal in the last day or so about it,

I recommend everyone to look at it.

17. jjgsol says:

By the way, did you notice that there was no assault on Viera in that game?

so there is no footy for almost 2 weeks and then we host Spurs. That is just awful

“Standard Sport understands that the Arsenal boss will escape disciplinary action despite claiming that Sterling ‘dives well’ after the England international won a penalty for Pep Guardiola’s side on their way to a 3-1 win over the north Londoners on Sunday.”

Chas gives conclusive evidence that Sterling dived.

Will they ask Pep to apologise? Will Oliver be demoted or censured?

Of course not, we are not Oiled up

21. RC78 says:

I am looking forward to the busy schedule – I hate football breaks 😦

I am hoping for a minimum of 21 points from the coming 10 fixtures in the EPL. I don’t care how we get them but we must get this as a minimum.

I would like to see us revert to a back 4 and also revert to using Ramsey higher up the pitch, meaning that Ozil drops on the bench.

Cech – Bello, BFG, Kos, Koli – Xhaka, Monreal, El Neny or WIlshe – Ramsey, Sanchez – Lacazette

And yes, I play Monreal as a DM as he has the most interceptions and tackles in our team and would allow Xhaka to also contribute more to the build up. I think Monreal (whom I don’t like) has the potential to be our Kante.

22. chas mobile says:

“conclusive evidence” 😆😆😆

Cheers chas

I’m sure we can handle the fixtures. Been out of the champions league has the advantage of less games for the first team. The downside is that it takes away one of Arsenes excuses.

Refs have always got on my nerves. They go down on the list with Traffic Wardens, excitable coppers, and people who enjoy the wilderness.

I guess it’s all about perspective? Reading the Santi gangrene comments made me think of my own dodgy leg limp. I broke it playing football, but with the exception of attractive ladies, I tell people I was injured saving an old lady from a fire.

This is were the perspective comes. I tell women I’m chatting up that like James Cann from that film misery, I’m so adorable an ex girlfriend tied me up and broke it so I wouldn’t leave her, and she would only untie me once I had finished my 2nd novel on the history of Accountancy Ethical dilemmas.

Some women will laugh and show interest in the tax system, whilst others will threaten “go away creep or I will break the other leg”

Personally I think most refs are bent and hate Arsenal were as others may disagree and think they are impartial, using that video of Riley as evidence of there neutrality.

ha ha, that Barry getaway is hilarious. I wonder if monkeys can be trained to rob a bank? I think they can. The only problem I can see is were do I find a Hog who the old bill don’t know about?

JW says he wants to stay at AFC.

Harry Kane is fit for our game but not fit enough to captain England. I wonder what Bobby Moore would have made of that?

I want Kane to play Raddy. If those bent officials had any decency they would flag Kane’s chin offside every time he touched the ball.

Good news about Jack. In that cameo at City he looked really good

Not much happens in the Interlull does it?

Why does this photo make me feel sad?

Chas. Lovely pics. TA looks great.

Sadness? Obviously Rocky. I loved the programme Wrighty made about him.

Love that they are wearing suit and tie

Morning Chas.

Seems like the interlull has killed the site.

Perhaps a post may liven things up but I can’t think of anything to write about ATM

raddy, I think you would have to make up a story to attract readers. How about a rumour in circulating in Denmark that Ozil and Sanchez have agreed a deal with China?

I think Micky taking a sabbatical hasn’t helped.
    How can a table stand up if one of its legs is missing?

Then again, I think we’re all a bit Arsenalled out and the interlull is, perhaps, more of a welcome break this time around. Strange to say it might be.

GN5 has sent a post. I’ll see if I can get it up soon.

NEW POST