ARSENAL STOKE AWAY TODAY

I’ll be brief. It is a “Must Try Today Game”.

Two reasons. The CL is a better tournament than The Europa, and also, we must remain focused and battle hardened going into The Cup Final.

courtesy of Futurecaster

I cannot tell you anything about Stoke you don’t already know. They have nothing to play for, but it is their last home game of the season so they may want to do it for the fans. We’ll see.

As we reach the final few games of the season, I can see a few interesting developments beyond the obvious success of the new formation.

First seasons in the Premiership can be tough for new boys, but it does appear that Granit, Mustafi and Holding are beginning to really look the business, and I don’t believe that is down simply to the three at the back set up.

Can’t be sure about The Ox or Kos fitness, but I suspect both will start. I do hope Monreal gets shunted back further up field and Kos, Mustafi and Holding play together for the remainder of the season.

………..Cech

…Mustafi Kos Holding

Ox  Ramsey  Xhaka  Monreal

…..Mesut  Sanchez

…………Danny

Let’s go thrash them, boost the goals for column and see where we are.

Come on you Gunnners.

MickyDidIt89

212 Responses to ARSENAL STOKE AWAY TODAY

Thanks Micky

This is a MWG. Every game is like a cup final from now. We need to give 110% and can’t afford any square pegs in round holes line-ups. Wenger needs to earn his money today. I don’t want any papering over the cracks or the deadwood in the side will be all too obvious. The team can’t afford to carry any passengers today and need to leave everything out there. We need to approach this with a glass half full attitude and delight both AKB’s and Doomers alike. Always remember it is Arsenal F.C not Arsene F.C.

Oh BTW, love the team Micky. You have done the purists proud….Victoria Concordia Bolleux Tactical.

Cheers, Micky.
    It doesn’t sound like the Ox will start, so with Hector in instead, we should be good to go.

GoonerB talking in clichés is the most sense he’s ever made. Keep up the good work.

Hi Micky, Thanks for taking the time out to write a pre match for us.

In our 8 previous away games at Stoke we have only won 1 game, back in 2009/10 we beat them 3-1. Our overall away record is W1, D3, L4 and we’ve been outscored 11 to 8.

Strangely we have their number at home winning all 9 games and outscoring them 22 to 4.

So based on history we have an uphill task today plus Sparky is yet another Arsenal hater.

Cliches Chas??? 🙂

You are far too sharp Chas. I was actually going for the world record on a comment with the most cliches and room 101 terms. Not sure how I have done. Is Norris McWhirter still alive?

rubbish PreMatch!! Stoke game and you didn’t even mention Shawcross or brutality. I say….

Eddie
    All that calling them Orcs and Neanderthals has never worked in the past.
    I quite like the different approach for a change.

Let’s hope the result is determined by how well Arsenal play rather than how brutal Stoke are.

I like calling a spade a spade. no bullshit.

Ramsey may not be playing to try to keep the Stokies from getting irate that he had the temerity to have his leg snapped there.

Presume Giroud in to help with dead ball situations.

I hope we can grind out a win whoever plays.

What did the police say about you ringing up re the Millwall vid?

14. Afternoon all

Great prematch Micky thank you.

I have had my hand on the spade or rather in the compost most of the day but I’m here now.

My sky seems to want me to watch the cricket …….. what’s that all about.

Loved GoonerB’s earlier comment, do you think he’s been practising 😉

I didn’t do it yet. But I will – youtube, police and Millwall FC will hear from me.

what, d’you think I shouldn’t?? I think it is actually cruel to the kids to twist their minds like that

Evening all
    In from sun five mins ago. Now raining. Perfect timing.
    Love defence. Did like last time Coq and Granit played together.
    Come on Gorgeous up top

peaches – snap! I was gardening too 🙂

chas – what do you think of my garden? Main colour is green

I’d imagine the police would think you were wasting their time even if they have sympathies for your point of view.

If the kids are from the same genetic stock as grandma, there’s very little hope for them anyway.

Garden looks superb. Very mature. How long you been there?

you are probably right, but doing nothing is wrong. I will write

3 years, yeah, it is well established now

My garden isn’t big enough for all those large structural plants, so it has to be cottage garden style.

I love cottage gardens, true English cottage plants are fab
    But with my garden I had to have structural plants to define the subsections and create something special

oh yessssssss

Easy

the worst striker

27. The delicious French Prince does it again 😁😁😁

Deadly from a yard and a half. 🙂

Easily Eddie. He’s awful. Makes Lee Chapman look like Pele at his very best.

Chas
    🙂
    Oh, and thanks for getting it up.

32. Listen you lot tap ins can be mucked up too 😳

34. Ooooh thanks chas, Giroud just kissed me 😁😁😁

peaches – did you see a photo of my garden 🙂

stoke are rubbish, worse than ever before.
    I expected more from Hughes

Ladies, please, control yourselves. Yes, even I can see Gorgeous is gorgeous, but that does not make him better than Lee Chapman. That is not how it works at all.

38. We’ve got Ozil Mesut Ozil
    I just don’t think you understand
    😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

Wow
    That was a thing of great beauty. Terrific goal.

40. Eddie – hhhhmmmmmmm

41. What d’you reckon guys …… are we gonna slow the game down now or be open and go for more?

Attack, Peaches 🙂

43. It was definitely a hand but I thought it was Cech as it happened 😡😡😡

thing of beauty!!!!

45. Alexis Sanchez Baby 😜😜😜

Faaaaantastic

47. We get to sing all our songs today 😁😁😁😁😁😁

yessssss yesss yes

51. Look at my prince, another tap in 😉😉😉

are you enjoying the game Peaches 🙂 🙂

54. Nah it’s rubbish, much prefer to steal a win in the 89th minute 😉

no way, plain sailing is most enjoyable, all 95 mins of it

micky – be assured that not ALL two ladies adore Ollie. Shkodran is my cup of tea, character.

Great day.

Mustafi!!!

Oh that’s ok then. You are a strange bird 🙂

60. All good, we seem to have remembered how to play football with each other 🙂

Lovely attacking play today although Stoke did give us a lot of space.

Fancy Crouch needing to handle the ball there’s so much of him!!!

Peaches

Only guessing here, but it appears the players like the system, feel comfortable and therefore confident with it, and voila…effort and togetherness.

Really great to see.

Holding excellent yet again. In fact, back three terrific.

Oh, and ah and sigh, Mesut and Sanchez. We must do everything to make them hepppy

Have to say it, but Mustafi Holding Coq with Monreal back in midfield looks very strong

The team looked very assured today, Sanchez and Ozil demonstrated what world class really means – they were simply tremendous.

Congratulations on your garden Eddie, great shrubbery and amazingly mature looking after a short 3 years. I’d post some pictures of my last garden, before I moved into an apartment, but I don’t have the capability and I hate to bother Chas.

I’m pretty sure that Mike Dean would have disallowed Crouch’s goal if Giroud had scored it……………

65. Cheers Micky

Really enjoyed that. Great performance.

The only downside is that tonight I fear boozed up men from Stoke may seek out and harm those with little or no pottery skills.

Listen here you rugby playing morons, non ceramics have a right to a free and non clay based life.

GN5 – it’s not my garden 🙂 🙂 it’s Peaches, I just wanted make chas jealous, but I think he had seen peaches’ patch and knew I was lying 🙂

67. Ant says:

That’ s really funny Eddie because I was going to ask Peaches why she has not posted pictures of her garden but now there is no need. But let’s see some pictures of your garden – even if it’s still a work in progress.

my garden looks a lot like Peaches’ garden did 4 years ago.
    Same goes for the house. I am afraid I copy all her great ideas 🙂
    I even have grandchildren that look a lot like her grandchildren

And I follow the team that she follows…the list just goes on 🙂

is the glass half full or half empty?
    I am delighted that we won, but why the hell did we leave playing well till 34th game?? it is scandalous to see what they are capable of and what drivel we were given for best part of the season

I even have grandchildren that look a lot like her grandchildren.

🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

72. Eddie you are funny 🙂 🙂 🙂

73. Ant says:

Mustafi.. Gabriel is the looker, obviously

Oooer, if Pool draw today, you “goers” have two epic home games this week. Some atmosphere that could be.

Fever pitch as I mentioned yesterday.

ant – you are much better looking than Gabriel

micky – you don’t want to do pilates, do you?

I am watching match of the day, City v leister is good. Sunderland were awful, disgusting, shocking lack of effort

ooooh, Clichy gave away a pen, tool 🙂

what????? I have not seen that before, pen disallowed because he touched the ball twice. What the heck??

Eddie
    Can you knock us up a quick match report, calling a spade a spade etc?

Eddie

Do pilates…no
    Attend classes…yes

Ha ha Chas

So now you think you’ve mastered this appointing people to ink things number do you? 🙂

My suggestion, pick on one of the lazy bastards

chas – was is there to write about? Good game played well by a good team, the only stinker was Crouch’s handball and a couple of incidents of Stoke’s usual brutality.

,Match reports are a waste of time, you all watched the game, we all know what happened.

Chas
    The Mesut goal. The whole move and finish are wonderful, but his first touch before netting is sublime

it is worrying that all the away fans chant ‘Arsene Wenger, we want you to stay’. Perhaps not Stoke fans

I think the Leicester, manc and stoke fans all chanted that before getting beat. 🙂

90. chas mobile says:

That one’s for Debuchy.

nothing compared to Albrighton injury

That last photo is on the walk to my polling station.

No match report – might as well naff off outside for the day.

wow, lovely walk. I bet you wish there were more referendums and elections

Is that your cat and your candles and flower arrangements?

No and yes

Morning all, sorry to be so late to the party.

Thanks for the PM Micky and thanks to our boys for putting on such a great performance.

The Sanchez/Ozil goal was sublime. Holding is already good enough to be a must play.

Come on Wham today …. 🙂

Rain arrived bang on time. No excuses required. Football it is.

Anyone watching?

Hi Micky, I’m working but checking my phone every few seconds 🙂

Hi Rasp
    I can see the sun shines in London, so they’ll all be still outside tinkering with their panzies

That’s exactly what they’re doing Micky …. I have it on good authority

1-0 Pool
    Now, let’s see if Wham have any fight in the tank

104. fatgingergooner says:

Need Lanzini to produce some magic. Looks a really good player at times.

Getting bored of this

Oh dear, 2 nil, it looks like the dream is over 😦

Don’t be silly Rasp. City have two to play and Middlesbrough could beat Pool

I grant you, pilates just inched a little closer and that is very bad news

Ooops 3-0. 2 inches closer.

🙂 maybe Boro can hold them to a draw …..

Why not indeed

Or City lose a game by 2 or 3 and we beat both Sndlnd and Evrtn netting a few. Can’t see the worry

110. fatgingergooner says:

That’s top 4 done I think. Can’t see Boro getting anything at Anfield. Hopefully we can end the season on a high and win the FA Cup. Will be a new adventure in the EL next year and interesting to see how it effects our league form.

111. Well that didn’t go to plan did it 😦

But as Micky so positively put it, it’s still not quite over and our boys need to cement this team spirit they’ve found ……. oh and the footballing skills they’ve remembered they’ve got 😉

Just running out of games really 😦 😦 😦

Peaches

The best action takes place in the 92nd minute, so keep the seat belt strapped on.

113. fatgingergooner says:

You can’t afford to have a couple of months off in the middle of the season and expect to finish in the top 4. Shame we didn’t switch to 3 at the back sooner. Still, looks like we might beat last seasons points total and we can still win the cup. Plus, we’ve got a new formation that seems to give us much better balance. That could be the most important thing that comes out of this season. That and Rob Holding!

114. Still think we can do it. Liverpool are bottle jobs and unlike us Bayern and Barca won’t enjoy playing them so for Thomas Mullers sake it should be us.

Been serious for a minute, we should really have qualified. Not because we have a devine right, there are several big clubs in our league, more because we have not had the transition of management like a few of the others.

Arsene has to take responsibility, though of course I don’t agree he should.

I don’t like the idea of the UEFA cup. It means a lot of our home games will now be Sunday and on that day I wear a coustume and lie about my whereabouts.

115. fatgingergooner says:

Terry,

If continuity was such an advantage then people wouldn’t be calling for a new manager. The transition can work both ways as we’ve seen with the mixed fortunes of Conte and Guardiola. I agree we are good enough to be top 4. I look at Liverpools squad and think if they were in Europe this year they would’ve been nowhere near the position they are now. It doesn’t look like we are going to get the points needed though and you can only blame the team and manager for that. Watford and Boro at home stand out as the results that could cost us CL football next season.

No one game will cost us CL, it’s 38 game season, don’t know what happened to the team after Munich defeat, but they just seemed to stop playing for the manager.

I fell out of love with the team during that spell of ineptitude, players coasting and all letting manager take responsibility, and to Arsene’s credit he kept his anger at his players hidden unlike other managers don’t, and eventually they have returned.

Can’t help thinking we have missed Santi all season, Coquelin hasn’t improved, too many squad players not committed when they get a chance to shine, Theo chief culprit. I’d take 11 Danny’s, Kieran’s or Aaron’s over a team of superstars, because all I want to see is 11 players doing their best, if it’s not good enough so be it, but at least you know they’ve given their all when they leave the pitch.

morning GiE, interesting view with which I don’t agree. Perhaps players were angry with the manager not the other way round. He was tinkering with the team, insisting on playing some players and leaving others on the bench, the same formation and tactics regardless of the opposition. That didn’t help and exposed Wenger’s weaknesses, not necessarly the team’s.

It is his team, he cherry picked every single player and he is responsible for their performance

on a different subject – what happened to our physio rooms??? they are empty for a change!!! Not many serious injuries this season, except for my Santi of cours

AND where is Perez??

one more thing – there were some truly sickening/disturbing scenes at WHL last night, tears and hugging, and sort of shenanigans

Mind you, after seeing chas’ tulips and candles, nothing is going to shock me again. You need to man up chas!

Eddie, 11 players cross the line, if they really need to be told what to do in every minute detail then they don’t deserve their wages.

Is it that difficult for one full back to look across pitch see his counterpart is bombing forward and think, I’ll just hang back here help my centre backs if it breaks down.

Is it too difficult for a centre midfielder to see both full backs have joined in and think, I’ll just hang back here, help out if needed.

That spell for me was watching players fail to play as a team, and that hurt.

121. chas mobile says:

this really is my garden, my gorgeous yellow peonies

GiE – I am half guessing here, because I don’t know how Wenger manages/motivates his players. But it has been said that Fergie ruled the team and they knew exactly what to do. Wenger on the other hand believes in giving players freedom of movement. I am sorry, but some of these players are not terribly bright, some don’t even have the ‘footballing brain’, like for example Rooney or Cesc, or Mesut. They probably like being told what to do and follow orders. I would be like that.

I was fairly good at my job, but had no initiative. I would do what I was told to do, but no more. Lacked imagination, vision, probably ambition etc. I was looking for guidance to my superiors

no hope for you chas 🙂 🙂

Peaches has some flowering structural huge plants in her garden. They are disgustin, the flowers I mean, look so rude and sexual, brrr…I wish she chopped them off

125. fatgingergooner says:

Wenger talks about strong mentality but I don’t see that in this team. I see a side that when we are confident are as good as most out there, but who when things are going bad, crumble and doubt themselves and then don’t want to work enough defensively for the team. They need to get smarter and realise that they aren’t always going to blow teams off the pitch. The switch to 3421 seems to have taken a bit of the defensive responsibilty away from certain players as it naturally leads to us having more players in defence when needed and I think it could be the way forward.

GiE,

Surely if we end up missing out on top 4 by a couple of points then single results are to blame. All you can do is look at the defeats and draws over the season and see where we could’ve done better, and the 2 results I mentioned look like opportunities missed.

Morning all.

Good to see you back GIE. I see where you are coming from but have to largely agree with Eddie in many ways. While I don’t subscribe to the mantle of some people that everything is Wengers fault, I similarly don’t see it being as easy as just saying it is all the players fault and that the manager is absolved of all responsibility.

The players were not performing of that you are correct GIE. Whether they just stopped trying (which is reprehensible) or whether they were so knocked of confidence that they forgot how to play is open to debate.

One of my major criticisms of our manager in recent years is his penchant for playing certain players in a multitude of positions. The Ox, Iwobi, Ramsey, Sanchez have all played between 2-4 different positions this season. I think it was the West Brom game when I noted that the Ox was in his 3rd different position in as many games.

Personally I think this approach either smacks of a manager not knowing his best team and line-up, or it constitutes too much tinkering. I don’t see any other top team do it so regularly and I don’t think it lends itself to a teams development as the season progresses.

It could easily be this lack of continuity and uncertainty that led to some awful performances, and results, thus knocking confidence with further poor performances then ensuing. I am not certain it is as simple as the team just not trying, although I don’t fully discount it.

One other consideration is Arsene’s famous patience. This has served him well in the past, often proving impatient fans wrong, particularly with the development of some players. The problem is there is a fine line between patience and stubbornness or procrastination.

For me, (in recent seasons at least), Arsene has sat on technical and tactical issues and problems for far too long. Sticking with the same thing that is not working and changing it far too late is what I feel we have seen. This, coupled with the tinkering of players positions, has probably also led to the frequent times where the quality of the team on paper, (player for player), doesn’t match the quality of the performance.

I am sorry to say it GIE but I feel, like Eddie, that many of our issues stem back to the actions (or lack of) of our manager. I am definitely not one for crying over spilt milk, so the fact that recent changes have shown a glimmer of promise is something to move forwards with. That is providing Arsene doesn’t ditch it at the first convenient moment to something he feels is more Utopian to his philosophy.

“He’s broken the blog, He’s broken the blog, Oh GoonerB he’s broken the blog” ….and repeat….

If the top 6 teams all win their remaining games the final standings will be…….

Chelsea – 93
    Spurs – 86
    Man C – 78
    Pool – 76
    Arsenal – 75
    Man U – 71

So regardless of our varying opinions on the reasons why – it’s a fact that a swing of any one of our 6 draws or 9 losses would have been enough to have put us in the top 4. Personally my knowledge is not good enough to get involved in the technical or tactical reasons, but I tend to agree with GIE that there was a certain amount of apathy shown by some of our “trusted” players after the Munich games.

Lets just hope that they can come up with 3 more consecutive top class performances and put some pride back into the club and the group of supporters that have become disillusioned.

GN5

Only the weak become disillusioned (apart from Exile because he looks pretty strong to me)

Inter Milan are in London this week to chat with Positchiano. 4M buyout clause and they’re offering him 8M a year. According to sauces like al limone con funghi

GN5

City only have to lose one, just we need a GD swing of five

As for Pool, well they recently lost at home to Bournemouth and Palace I think, so why not a draw with Boro.

Micky – it’s certainly not impossible for us to finish 4th – it’s just very unlikely – or is it ????????????????

I am an eternal optimist – most of the time…..

My stance, GN5, is that it’s a funny old game 🙂

I want us to finish top four, but I certainly won’t lose any sleep if we don’t. Any team can, and does, lose to inferior sides. It happens every weekend. That’s the great thing about football.

Agreed Micky.

135. Zed says:

Afternoon All.

I have a question that is burning a hole in my britches — and it needs scratching. At the game which I only recently managed to see on a recording, I distinctly heard a chant of ‘Arsene Wenger we want you to stay’ which was either an ironic and fatally flawed mickey take by the Orc fans, or it was the Arsenal away fans – sturdy fellows and fellowesses like Chas and Ant, yelling their support for AW — anyone know which it was?

Probably have to be someone who was there, I guess.

GoonerB has broken the sodding Blog ……… again and again! 🙂

136. I still think we will do it. Liverpool believe in glorious misfortune. Its the only place in England were men in there seventies have a Nan that requires a life saving operation.

That Totnumb celebration yesterday? Gazza didn’t turn up because he was “Unwell”? Course the poor bloke was, he found out that Steve Archibald was going.

The biggest Twat though was Teddy Sherringham. All the rest of them turned out in sombre suits, aptly accepting there relative failure, were as this pratt turns up in a horrible bright jacket? Obviously it was some vain attempt to display he was successful at Man Utd. He insulted them without them dumbos knowing

Pat Jennings took the piss to.

Zed
    It was the Stoke fans.
    I imagine it was Chas that pointed it out, they stop singing it when they are bout 2 or 3 goals down!

138. Zed says:

Terry Mancini, shame on you!

What is this forensic analysis of the Spuds and ex-potaters?

These poor folk need help and all you are doing is mocking the dodos. Actually, I wish, on reflection, that I had done it first, but then I could not bear to watch their nonsense.

How are you, Terry? Getting into the tax schedules by now I suppose – and that can drive a person barmy – which in your case …….. 😀

GB, Exile und Eddie

Fine comments and chat this morning. I wanted to get stuck in, but kinda think I’d be repeating myself.

I do wonder whether the players had any influence over the change in system, which in turn, put the bush back into their tails.

140. Zed says:

Thanks, Micky, I thought that was the case, as the Arsenal fans would have turned up the volume when we started whupping their asses. 🙂

Hopefully Arsenal will announce a decision agreed by all parties with regard to his contract extension – maybe that will stop some of the vituperation hurled at him by some – and that will also clear up the ‘stay or go’ quandary for normal fans who have respect and affection for the best manager Arsenal have ever had.

Oh Lord, he’s back, no doubt about to drone on about nude saunas and loose morals 🙂

142. Zed says:

It was nice surprise to see Exile after such a long time! 😀

Zed

I have a theory. Many dribblers want Arsenal to lose games because they think that will speed Arsene’s departure.

I think he’d call it a day if we got top four and an FAC. Lose out on both and he stays.

Always said he wanted to leave the club in a better state than he found it.

144. Zed says:

Micky,

I think you meant nude morals and loose in the saunas. 🙂

145. Zed says:

Arsenal will be in a better state regardless, Micky, and your theory about the dribblers/gobblers is really factual — I have raged at some idiots who have claimed to ‘love’ the club but want us to lose if it got rid of AW.

Twisted minds, or what?

146. I am good RedZed, hope you are to?

I really enjoyed yesterdays Totnumb thingy. I enjoy studying peoples expressions of disillusionment and embarrassment. If I was an ex Totnumb player i wouldn’t have turned up to that. The likes of Robbie Keane was invited because he cheated to win a penalty against Arsenal and David Ginola because he uses Head & Shoulders.

Our legends win titles and cups, theres because they do cartwheels from conning you on the cost of tarmacking the drive and that it no longer looks they have been snowed on in July.

147. Zed says:

Talking about BR’s predilection for sexy saunas, I wonder if he wears a strap on thingy, because that hot water can shrink things like bangles, baubles and willies — not that that has ever happened to me – obviously — but Terry told me he ties a rubber band around his toe and attaches it to his whoopsie-doopsie as he calls it – said BR gave him the tip. 😀

148. Zed says:

Put like that Terrence – you have me convinced!! 🙂

Just watched the Stoke game. We played some lovely football against a team of Orcs who go the drubbing they deserved.

Plus a referee and linesman who cannot tell the difference between Crouch’s head and hand.

And it is time to retire David Pleat from the commentary box. Dreadful (but then he is and always has been a bit Spursy)

ha ha ha Transplant
    All true

Zed. What happens on tour, stays on tour

152. Zed says:

Hi Raddy,

That was not me saying that you know — I was forced into by a threat to eat all my packet of jelly beans to the last man, unless I dished the dirt!! 😀

153. Zed says:

Is that an ‘L’ shaped cigarette, Chas? 🙂

Oh leave him alone Zed. Probably no idea where he is or even who he is.

155. Zed says:

Which one are you talking about Micky, the Terry man, or the touring, nudist Raddish? They are both bonkers!!

And I’m not so sure about you ……………. 😀

156. Zed says:

And you have to admit that Chas has a habit of mangling his wurzels!! 🙂

5.16 Only way to get through 90 minutes watching Spurs

Was Sol at the wake yesterday?

Who is Arsenal’s new signing Sead Kolasinac?
    By Oliver Yew

Last Updated: 15/05/17 3:20pm

Schalke defender Sead Kolasinac will join Arsenal on July 1. Here’s all you need to know about the Bosnian…

The full-back’s contract with the German club was due to expire this summer and he has now agreed a free transfer to the Gunners.

But who is Kolasinac? Here’s all you need to know about the Schalke left-back…
    Premier League,Tomorrow, 14:45pm
    Arsenal v Sunderland
    £10 Free Bet, No Deposit Needed
    Sead Kolasinac – Factfile
    Age: 23
    Position: Left-back
    Club: Schalke
    Nationality: Bosnian
    International caps: 17
    Background

Kolasinac was born in Karlsruhe, Germany and started his career with his hometown club before moving to Hoffenheim in 2009.

After just one season he was snapped up by Stuttgart before moving to current club Schalke in 2011.

It’s at the Veltins Arena where the 23-year-old has grown into a first-team star and since breaking into the Schalke first team in September 2012 he has been a regular ever since.

He has scored four goals in 119 appearances since making his debut for the club.
    Position

Kolasinac started his youth career as a central defender and occasionally played as a holding midfielder.
    Kolasinac is strong in the air
    Kolasinac is strong in the air

However, it’s as a left-back that he’s made his name in the senior ranks.

Part of his appeal is his versatility because he can play across the defensive line, he’s been deployed as a left wing-back and also in the left midfield position.
    Style of play

Kolasinac certainly has the physical attributes to play in the Premier League. He’s six feet tall and has a stocky build, bringing strong physicality to his defending.

The left-back, who is also very good on the ball, has an excellent work rate and never shies away from a tackle – traits which would see him at home in England’s top-flight.
    Kolasinac battles with Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman
    Kolasinac battles with Bayern Munich’s Kingsley Coman

He’s also good in the air, winning 46 out of 79 headed duels this season.

This season, he has made 44 appearances for Schalke, scoring three goals and recording seven assists, showing he has no problems in getting forward.
    International career

Kolasinac represented his country of birth at U18, U19 and U20 level.
    Kolasinac has won 17 caps for Bosnia and Herzegovina
    Kolasinac has won 17 caps for Bosnia and Herzegovina

However, he then switched his allegiance to Bosnia-Herzegovina – who he qualifies for through his parents – and has won 17 caps. Kolasinac featured in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil during Bosnia-Herzegovina’s first appearance at the finals of a major competition.

He appeared twice at the tournament and has an unwanted title of scoring the fastest own goal in World Cup history after putting through his own net just two minutes and eight seconds into Bosnia-Herzegovina’s 2-1 group stage defeat to Argentina.
    1st Goalscorer

I cleaned that up but it still posted with a lot of other crap.

I’ve no idea if it’s true or not but it’s something else to ponder over.

No, he was banned.

Shame, Sol would have been given the reception a former captain who played over 250 first team games deserves.

GN5. Thank you. I wonder whom is leaving, Gibbs or Monreal?

163. chas mobile says:

Yeah right. Not

164. jjgsol says:

in my view the game that sealed our exit from the top 4 was the unforgivable defeat at home for the 2nd years running to Watford.

It was bad enough that we let them kick us out of the fa cup last year, but the players then contrived to allow beat us in the league.

165. Ant says:

166. Ant says:

Morning Chas

Blimey, match day again. You going to both remaining games?

Yep. All three.

Oh yes, three 🙂

Were all Vines Bros successful with Final tickets and can JC still make the pilgrimage?

Ant and me were guaranteed, Jon got 1 successful out of his two.
    Looks like JC is coming to the Everton game. A post is in the offing for Thurs or Fri after you’ve written the match report on Wednesday. 🙂

We’re treating JC coming as his last game because he’s hardly been since Christmas.

Matchday? WTF.

Me? Match report? ROLF

Lovely vid chas. Does JC enjoy the soundtrack?

He hasn’t got a computer.
    But I’m sure if he had, he’d prefer it to be Max Bygraves.

Indeed, superb vid of JC

Sound off

Check out minute 2:28 and you’ll see Sead do what LB used to call the Sanchez Scoop

hot dog 🙂 my pug stole a sandwich from boys playing footy in the park. They laughed

Re sliders – what happened here 2 nights ago was the BEST slider ever. I didn’t have time to grab a video, such a shame.
    A strange noise woke me up, it was my cat Lilly Lala trying to get inside through a small window opening that was barely ajar. She couldn’t get in so she was hanging on her claws on the edge of the opening and moved her body sideways. All I could see was a belly of a black cat hanging in the window and moving sideways. I thought I am either dreaming or have finally flipped completely

I want those socks

Yeah, look really cool with your sandals.

Oh oh oh, and once you’ve got your sandals and socks on, maybe you could then walk around a city wearing shorts as well.

this is interesting, not as interesting as the socks, but still:

The Times report that Manchester United’s squad have a collective £38m riding on winning next week’s Europa League final against Ajax.
    “Unlike their Premier League rivals, Manchester City and Arsenal, who pay bonuses to their players for reaching the Champions League, United’s contracts assume that they are always in Europe’s premier club competition, and all players who are paid more than £20,000 a week are docked 25 per cent of their salary if they fail to qualify,” they report.

Yes Eddie, interesting indeed. I wonder if our lot have any such clause.

micky – watch them play – it is a definite ‘NO’

Micky. Sounds like a plan.

I have the classic dilemma this evening. Ou for the night – do I record and, watch tomorrow morning and hope not to hear the score, or do I stay glued to my phone for updates and watch the recording in leisure?

ha ha true

Quick risk assessment Erik

What are the chances of hearing the score when dining with a bunch of lefties in Copenhagen? 🙂

Fairly high if BR has them all watching the TV.

🙂

New Post

yyyyyyyyyy…..yukkie

raddy – simple. Stay and watch the penultimate game of the season. Have a flu or stomach discomfort.