Lewandowski vs Bendtner

A big game tonight for the red and white teams, Poland v Denmark. I am not going to write an epic on this subject, as only one AAer will watch the game , let alone read this post. The only reason for any of you to watch the game is the fact that both teams wear red and white national colours, just like the colours of our Club, and 6 players from both countries played or are still playing for AFC. These and the fact that it is going to be a great game.

Arsenal had 2 players from Denmark – John “Faxe” Jensen and Nicklas Bendtner. Polish players at Arsenal were Fabianski, Szczesny, Podolski (born in Poland) and Koscielny. Yes, I do know that Koscielny is French by birth, but with a name like Koscielny and face like Lauren you cannot hide your polish roots. I therefore expect any Arsenal supporter, bar Raddy of course, to get behind the Polaks.

Poland are the favourites – playing at home, team studded with talented footballers, capable manager. They have poor record in World cup; twice they reached semi-finals and on both occasions finished 3rd. Over the years they played 31 games in total in World cup. Nothing to write home about really.

Denmark have no chance – country with population 8 times smaller than Poland, never reached any serious stages in the completion and only played 16 games in World cup, not a formidable achievement, even poorer than their opponents’. Despite their lack of success in football Denmark is 3rd happy, wealthy, healthy, safe country in the world. Well, I hope that my team will wipe the smile of their faces tonight.

I shall not laugh at their biggest exports – bacon, Carlsberg and Sandi Toksvig in fear that Raddy returns the jibe knocking polish kabanos, vodka and Lech Walesa, all superior to their Danish counterparts. Neither shall I mention the flat as pancake country with thousands of windmills – their only attraction. I suppose this makes Raddy’s job much easier – all he had to learn in the language was pancake and windmill. Poland on the other hand has magnificent mountains, huge lake district and beautiful seaside by the Baltic sea. No match for the Vikings.

Poland will win tonight, unless the dark horse puts a spanner in the works. Yes, Lord Bendtner is very capable on brilliance, seldom seen on the pitch, but still there. Remember his first touch against Tottenham? Goal, a very important goal too. He is 28 and 194cm!! Giant of a man. Poland’s Lewandowski is the same age and 4inches shorter. Who is going to dominate the field today? Will Szczesny stop his ex-team mate Nicklas? I hope so.

Enjoy the game my friends!

Written by Eddie

98 Responses to Lewandowski vs Bendtner

Thanks, Eddie.
    The dark horse putting a spanner in the works 🙂

Read it. Loved it, and it made me head straight over to find out what time the game kicks off.

Only Erik The Salesman has any hope of persuading us that Denmark is worth supporting. Eddie has sold me on Poland.

What Erik might do is show you an “unheppy” Pole

I present you the legend that is Magda

🙂 🙂 the Magdas in Poland are still mourning the joke of a president. He has 64 statues erected all over the country and was buried amongst the polish kings!! A disgrace. But I had fallen out with several morons in Poland over this already, let’s change the subject…

where is Raddy? I wrote the post for him and he doesn’t even bother reading it!! Men

He might be taking tourists to see a windmill, or if they’re lucky, some pigs 🙂

OMG, even the music is dead boring.

a beautiful goal though!

Thank you Eddie, super post and I love your sense of humour : ) : )
    I’ve never thought of Denmark as a pancake – very original.

It’s a shame that Bendtner’s father and his own ego overtook the reality and lack of quality in his performances. We all held such high hopes for him and he let both us and himself down.

Don’t worry about Raddy as he is bound to get back to you with a well thought out rebuttal.

Thanks again – write posts more often.

thanks GN5
    Raddy will struggle to defend his adoptive country. there is nothing there that makes you want to live there. Or is there? do tell Raddy

10. Ant says:

Great stuff O Polish one! I have a feeling that many more than one will be watching after that preview and it’s on Sky on the red button as shown in this link
    There’s no doubt that Poland have the better football players but Denmark definitely has the better beer and bacon.
    I’m supporting the Danes.

psssshhhh…better beer and bacon!! In your dreams Ant. Next time you go shopping buy yourself some Zywiec or Tyskie and then you can talk. I’m not even going to mention bacon…yummy stuff but I suspect Raddy wouldn’t or shouldn’t know about it 🙂

12. fred1266 says:

How many gunners got called up for international foolish me was watching for Xhaka yesterday totally forgot he was banned

13. fred1266 says:

Thanks for also suggest we start praying that theo has a good game also come through safel

so who has not been picked to represent their country?

Flamin interlull…….

then go and watch the boys fighting for your country!!

17. chas mobile says:

I was and that’s why I am bored.

ha ha ha 🙂

Bored. Great vid. Thanks Chairman! 🙂

Thinking of Iggy, my little local artsy cinema round the corner from Ian’s Hair is showing Bowie’s Man who fell to Earth tomorrow night.

Really hoping I don’t forget

yikes

aha, Morskie Oko! Means Eye of the Sea. Freezing cold lake on top of a mountain, beautiful.
    I went there with my ex some 20 years ago and it took us hours to climb up to the top, getting stuck in deep snow and battered with strong winds. On our way there we were passed by by laughing English tourists in cozy horse sledges tucked up in sheep skins. Gosh we resented them!!

When we finally got to the top the English were already eating some delicious smelling soup. I asked them what was it and they told me it was rich chicken soup. I looked on the menu and told them ‘Oh no it isn’t! It’s tripe!’ ha ha ha ha, I had the last laugh, they almost puked then and there 🙂

22. Nice one Eddie.

Poles V Danes? I know loads of Poles, and some of them are sober. Got 4 of them as clients. I’ve taken a Pole up the Arse. Hes a Plumber and it was a Champions League game.

He was pissed before we met up, got more drunk before the game, and then after the match demanded we go find a late night drinking hole to celebrate the collapse of the Soviet Union and expensive boiler repair costs.

The worrying thing was that whilst toasting the demise of Brezhnev, he got a call from some Indian geezer begging he go round and fix his boiler. Despite two minutes earlier doing a drunken jig about Stalins hairline, he unbelievably decided to go.

The next day I scoured the paper for “Indian man killed in Gas explosion” but nothing. I should have looked for “Indian man freezes to death. There was no beer in the fridge”

This Danish bloke is married to my cousin. He’s a good looking bastard and a successful I.T. Consultant. I find him upsettingly sexually liberal. He looks at you like your a potential foursome, even if there’s only one of you.

I have no idea why she married him? My aunt had this 40 year old Greek bloke lined up who was very close to passing his law exams and helped his mum out by cleaning his bedroom.

To be fair, he’s tried to assimilate by learning Greek, but the problem is the language needs to be spoken with animated emotion and the odd bit of random violence. He speaks it like a serial killer.

He’s also a boring bastard. You tell him a joke and he just stares at you like “whas that got to do with sex parties?”

I worry about my cousin. I’ve got my eye on him.

nut nut 🙂 so you have to admit that polaks wouldn’t win any beauty contests but are much more fun than the Danes. Does the gorgeous bore talk about windmills, or sex near a windmill?

oh wow, this is best piece of writing EVER – Hitler on drugs!!

how Nazi drug abuse steered the course of history:

German writer Norman Ohler’s astonishing account of methamphetamine addiction in the Third Reich changes what we know about the second world war

Lewy on fire 🙂

26. Ant says:

1-0 to the mountains

27. Ant says:

Come on the windmills…so to speak!

2:0 to vodka and kabanos 🙂

29. Ant says:

Denmark have a few hills to climb now

…or have their bacons kicked

31. Ant says:

Poor old Scotland

32. Ant says:

Piggies are snorting

33. Ant says:

It’s a goal fest

Great stuff Eddie. The post not the scoreline which is a travesty. Denmark have been all over Poland and had over 65% of the play, yet are losing.

No question the Poles have bribed the referee

Sorry …. I have been out all day. Id Poland was so great why are there so may Poles living elsewhere? 😀

36. Ant says:

Some very dodgy decisions in Polska

to spread the love Raddy 🙂

We were chopped. Cheating officials.

The best team lost.

“to spread the love” 😀 😀

Vi ses i morgen.

An English site, based in England about an English football team, and not one mention of England Malta, only Poland Denmark

Superb, and a tribute to Eddie’s post

Always in our shadow……

8.22. I had that poster on the wall of my bedroom (not in a pervy way).

League Cup ROLF

Morning Gents

I’m only half here as I’m watching the live surf on youtube. I’ll only bore you a little.

Last round of worldies is always in Hawaii, the home of the sport, and this year it looks like a local Hawaiian will win it. John John Florence, and he’s a charismatic, exciting surfing. Would be epic.

We’re into the last hour or so in France now. Then Portugal and finally Hawaii

Stoked, pumped and totally psyched 🙂

Eddie. I only got home in tim,e for the second half which we won with ease.

As to comparisons between the two countries, there are none. I live in a country where millions upon millions clamour to move to which results in Denmark having some of the strictest immigration laws in the world, whereas Poland ….

Ouch, Erik 🙂

chas watched the English game and had fallen asleep

Roone was booed by fans, DIS.GUS.TING. That booing culture has to stop, players do not deserve that. Rooney was so good for England and now that he is old they boo him, awful

Raddy – millions upon millions want to live in Poland too. And the immigration laws are very strict too – only Christians are allowed to stay. That’s not necessarily a good thing.

I have never been to Denmark so I cannot have my own opinion, but from what I have heard it is boring, expensive and socialist. My nephew Mads is in London on business regularly and says that if not for him family he would stay in London like a shot.

but in the index of happiest, wealthiest, healthiest and safest countries Poland is 20 something and Denmark 3rd, so perhaps you are right 🙂 I wouldn’t want to live in any of these countries, I am ok where I am

Eddie

Yesterday Chas posted something called the List of Jante

Some rules about living in Denmark. Every point started with “Don’t..”

Mmmm

yes micky, I watched it. A killer of any personality, individuality, innovation, quirkiness = boring. My granddaughter insisted on going shopping with Peaches wearing her wellington boots and pyjamas. Peaches reluctantly agreed (no choice really, the little Princess has some character 🙂 ). I told my family about it, they were laughing, but said she shouldn’t. For the life of me I don’t understand WHY? If someone wants to go shopping in wellies and jamas, that let them! the rest of us will have some fun.

ha ha ha lovely story Eddie 🙂

micky – I was sooooo proud of Peaches and the Princess – that’s what I like – character!

54. chas mobile says:

I apologise for putting up the rules of Jante

Seemed to me like perfectly sensible rules for a civilised society to live by.

Should have known better.

Dog eat dog and feeling superior to others it is then.

Morning Eddie, thanks for a very entertaining post, maybe Raddy should write the match report 🙂

Some great comments yesterday, sorry, I couldn’t join you.

The fun in the US is mounting, this is what De Niro thinks of Trump …

Oooo…sensitive

It’s not the guidelines for living, it’s how they were said that I was commenting on. You can be negative ie Don’t do this, don’t do that or you can be positive
    How about this or..

57. chas mobile says:

Haha, it’s you that’s sensitive – I was replying to 9.22. 😈

58. haha DeNero. He’s got some cheek. He was meant to murder that slimy politician but ended up killing a Pimp instead? Which actually means? Trump is still not safe.

The thing that the up there own arse Liberal elite claim to understand but in reality do not understand is that the likes of Brexiteers and Trump tap into people’s feelings/emotions.

To counter this the low IQ liberals need to employ similar tactics. For a small fee, I offer my services.

They need to show images how a Nigerian doctor saves some little runt from Dagenham with a highly skilled operation to remove that bag of spliff from his stomach.

They need to show how globalisation has meant that Reg from Middlesboro, despite been on sickness benefit because an Asian man once looked at him, can now watch TV in colour. (Cut out the racist bit were Reg whilst watching England v Pakistan cricket claims”bloody hell, I could have watched this in black & white”)

They need to convey how new legislation means that unscrupulous wankers like that fat bastard who owns Newcastle are now forced to lose weight and how Philip Green is now so stressed, the poor bastard had to extend his Ageian holiday.

Yes, one debate with me, Trump and Farage would both have there trousers down there ankles.

News from around the world!

Really interesting to get your view on these things Eddie. Thank you for taking the time to write it.

who cares about my warped views 🙂 but I was right, Lewandowski scored a hat trick and Poland won.

chas – that vid is plain brainwashing. It is against human nature and I wouldn’t be happy if my child/grandchildren were told that they are nothing special. You follow a competitive sport and I have seen you at games. You do believe that your team is better than other teams, don’t you?

So…. because a video is on Youtube it holds true for the values of an entire country? Poppycock.

Jantelov may have been true in the 1950’s but it certainly isn’t now. It is like thinking that London is full of smog and every man wears a bowler hat!

Until you have spent some time in Cph you do not know, just as I do not know how it is to live in Poland.

Fairy nuff.
    My team is immeasurably better than the spuds.
    I most definitely believe that.

I loved the granddaughter story, btw.

Sorry, BR.
    The perils of random searches on the internet with no actual knowledge behind them.
    My fault entirely.

chas. No problem 😀

Raddy, my wife and myself spent 3 very enjoyable days in Copenhagen and we really loved the city. We went on a walking tour and a canal tour and watched a Jazz festival at the Tivioi Gardens from the deck of a restaurant.

Our hotel was the Scandic Palace within walking distance of great shopping and just across from the Gardens, we had a balcony facing onto the square.

Good food and super entertainment.

69. Just to clarify, I have nothing against Danes. Some of my best friends aren’t Danes.

I just like sexual perverts to be sneaky about it like I am. Getting exposed by the News of the World, not ringing them up telling them about it.

I don’t want to find out what it is like to live in Denmark. You want to marry me, you come over here, end of.

Raddy – this could be a lot of fun, Peaches would be my braid’s maid, I suppose you would have to ask DidIt to be your best man, Rasp would give me away, chas would take photos, Ant could organise the drinks, LB music and Terry entertainment, RA would write the speach, Sorted!

We would all wear full kits and the table would be shaped as a football pitch…I could be lovely 🙂

I would like Kelsey to attend too, perhaps he could write a report about it 🙂

Oh dear Eddie, we have a stumbling block. I will never return to live in UK, if I leave Dk it will be for somewhere warm

Terry. I also have lots of best friends who aren’t Danes.

We must be brothers

Raddy – England is somewhere warm compare to Denmark 🙂

I’d like to make a positive contribution to a dull Monday morning….

Maybe Interluls are good for us in a weird Arsenal needy kinda way

Micky. Does that mean you are writing a post?

Erik

I am “thinking” along those lines, but this morning I’ve been watching the surf girls on the world tour doing their yoga, and it’s been excellent viewing 🙂

Here are two S African surfers. The one in the middle looks like an intelligent, nice person

Hillary Clinton 2/7 and Donald Trump 11/4
    Raddy – fancy moving to America?

I have a post from West Ham Bob about the move to the new stadium. It is a good read though not really Arsenal based. I suggest we use it mid-week during the Interlull

Eddie. Yes, but they won’t take me!

why?? you is a terrorist??

I liked Denmark, although didn’t spend enough time in CPH. There was a distinct middleclass air about the place – with a socialist conscience I would say.

I’ve been reading about the problems in Sweden – it’s not pretty over there at the moment. The social media is claiming that there is a campaign by the government and in the mainstream media to suppress news of the unrest. Just google ‘unrest in Sweden’ to read for yourselves.

Eddie

Erik referred to one stumbling block, but surely the biggest hurdle remains your no touching policy

While I have no concrete evidence, I suspect Erik is very much a full contact type of chap

Rasp
    Agree about one thing, and that’s the suppression of news, or worse, lack of any kind of due diligence regarding the source from any mainstream US or BBC outlets

Syria being best example. It’s all ground fed propaganda. Like we eventually found out from Iraq 2.

Hi Micky, it’s crazy that at a time when social media is intrinsic to most people’s lives, that mainstream channels are still trying to manipulate people’s thinking.

Veracity is the problem – we can’t really be sure anything we read on the net is true. It’s interesting that the Russians are concentrating on hacking into data sources as a political lever in order to: 1. Reinforce their arguments as in the Olympic drug taking allegations and 2. Use it as a threat = if you aren’t careful we will reveal something you’d rather we didn’t.

There is a New Post (and it is football related 🙂 )