I am AA’s 2nd oldest contributor (behind JC who is our non writing elder statesman). I’m also an eternal optimist and I see more good than bad in our team, management and club.
Arsene and Arsenal come under a lot of criticism; the Red Tops compete for readership with their fictitious and often outrageous headlines about our club, management and our players. These headlines are fodder for the more gullible supporters who in turn repeat the “stories” they have read and they get repeated so often that they become “Red Top” folk lore.
It’s a seemingly endless cycle and now we are into reading and hearing all of the pre-season doom that is being spouted about our lack of transfers etc – even though we are only 18 days into a 63 day transfer period.
So I thought about a few what if scenario’s.
- What if we sign no more players in this window?
- What if we sign players late in the window?
- What if we go a season with no injuries?
- What if Arsene extends his contract?
- What if Arsene does not extend his contract?
- What if we only finish in the top four?
- What if we finish outside the top four?
- What if we only win the FA Cup?
- What if we win nothing?
- What if we change ownership?
I will offer my opinions during the day.