Gunners, football fans and people with beards. Lend me your ears.

I am a Gunner, so I know how you are probably feeling, and I sympathise. If you have a beard, Iโ€™m sorry. Now, if you are a football fan, then we may have some common ground.

Beyond matters Arsenal, we all have players and managers we like, and those we detest. Ditto other clubs. Many of all of those will still be involved in a trophy hunt, and of course that includes the big fourth place one ๐Ÿ™‚

Some may like a Leicester League win as it might stir the romantic in them. Some may like it as a two fingers to the establishment and the money men. Then we have the knock out stuff.

Any of this list in the FAC stir any strong emotions. Utd, Everton, Palace, Watford, West Ham.

Then, of course, we have the Champions League. Madrid, Athletico, Barca, Bayern, PSG, City, Wolfsburg and Benfica. Any thoughts or feelings either way?

Perhaps good runs by Utd, W Ham and City could benefit our own ambitions by distracting them, or does any level of success by rivals simply hurt too much?

How about players we may be โ€œeyeingโ€ in the latter stages of Europes elite competition.

Is life worth bothering about without a beard?

66 Responses to Gunners, football fans and people with beards. Lend me your ears.

Micky. Thank you for this masterwork

Having spent some time with and without a beard I can assure you that Yes, life is worthwhile sans facial fuzz.

Unless you are using the word “beard” in this context …

“Any opposite sex escort taken to an event in an effort to give a homosexaul person the appearance of being out on a date with a person of the opposite sex. e.g. “Half of the women on the red carpet at the movie premier were not real dates, but beards”” (Urban Dictionary).

I like:

Allardyce
    Anyone connected with MU
    McClaren
    Anyone connected to Chelsea
    Pulis
    Pardew
    Anyone managing RM or Barca.

Is it OK to dislike more than I like?

Love the definition Erik ๐Ÿ™‚

Agree about The weasel at WHL. It’s that little coat/mac he wears. Pathetic. Continental. Probably has a beard.

Clearly the beardless community are shunning the site and with Arnie on manoeuvres we are bereft.

Thanks Micky, and well done to you and Raddy allied with Chas’ and Eddies (+ a couple of others) comments for keeping things going.

On the player side there are 2- 3 positions we could do with strengthening and possibly 2-3 options for each of them.

My own contribution to the blog has been lacking for sometime now. Probably because I feel I can bring very little joy with my comments to the table. Maybe some others feel the same and therefore feel it is best not to comment at all for the time being and are absconding. I admire the likes of yourself Micky, and Raddy and Chas who can still blog without getting too melancholic.

I actually really dislike the thought of Leicester winning the league and the fairy tail does nothing for me. Don’t get me wrong it would be better than Spuds but that is just the lesser of 2 evils and is still a long way from being palatable to me. I want Arsenal to win the league and really think we should be.

It is not finished yet but the fact that it looks likely to be Leicester just provides a huge slap in the face to all the reasons I feel we have regularly touted for it not being us as champions in recent seasons.

I have tried to buy into the bad luck with injuries, the lack of money till recently, the argument that Wenger has some long term development masterplan that will bear fruition next year; a sentiment that seems to be used near the end of each anti-climaxing season for the last 2-3. That last bit always reminds me of that sign in the pub that says “free beer tomorrow”.

I dislike that Leicester (and Dennis forbid Spuds) are likely to win the league ahead of us this season and, added to the last couple of seasons, I dislike that my consolations as to why we haven’t are all smashed to pieces now, and appear more like lame excuses that have left me in this largely joyless state.

See there you go, depressing and melancholic. As I said, best not to say anything at all ๐Ÿ™‚

Move over GoonerB and make way for Chas, Micky, Raddy and the mentalist Terry. Where’s the happy pills? I wonder if it would help if I joined a tug of war pub team ๐Ÿ™‚

I have read your Post 3 times today, tricky Micky, and do not have a clue what you are getting at with all this strong emotions and feelings stuff after listing some rubbish clubs.

If by mistake I have wandered into what was meant to be a personal message betwixt you and Erik, the well known hippy, then I apologise.

But I have to say, you are being a little harsh on beardies, who may or may not be weirdies, but it appears you were trying to provoke a response to ascertain whether they should be permitted at all.

The temperaments of ‘Beardies’, as many affectionately call those who have chosen to fill their faces with a fungus-like fur coat, are usually pretty relaxed, dosed up as they frequently are with secret white powders and the like [clarification requirements should be addressed to Erik the Viking]. As a consequence of the white powder and the freely available magic mushrooms, Beardies like to climb, hat stands, lamp-posts, and Mount Everest, but overall they are not particularly active and will sit still when you hold them, and roll their eyes appreciatively when you tickle them, or get near to sensitive areas. [Reference Terry]

As a general rule tho, the males of the species donโ€™t bite, scratch, or slap you with their hands, feet or their tricky thingies, like some others, and more especially the more unforgiving bearded ladies with their busty substances.

Beardies, however, are known for their agitated waving of legs and arms, and to be honest no one has figured out exactly what the the fook they are going on about, but it probably has a sexual meaning so watch out if this happens, unless you are into beardies.

Those who know Erik beardies say they are neat, and do not breathe fire or brimstone, so can still be pretty good buddies, even tho they can be territorial and likely to get uppity, if you mention anything bad about their favourite football club.

Yup, on reflection, Mickydeemius, I think I have strayed into a world inhabited by you and the pre-Match specialist – and so I will bid you adieu, and only say, I have no personal experiences with the above subject, of course, and have had to rely on Terry for much of the detail. ๐Ÿ˜€

Cheers Micky

I hate every body mate, eliminates confusion.

After losing to Totnumb in the 91 semi I went into a state of depression. Marooned in bed, unable to talk, and disturbing thoughts that after been told his name was Brenda, may have slept with the lead singer of Kagagoogoo.

People came to see me but didn’t give a shit “well at least he cant talk” or, he looks like the boy in the striped pyjamas, but in his case it should be called ‘The man in the striped pyjamas who we hope gets it’

I never liked people before that, but after recovering my dislike grew to hatred, especially against metro sexual men. For a few years after if I spotted a bloke with a girly hairstyle I would attack and beat them with there man bag, shouting “If you start singing “your to shy shy’ I will f*ucking kill yer”

I dont get this nonsense with Beards? Proper Bearded men only have one friend, a Grizzly Bear, or there someone who believes that Michael Fish has got it wrong again so have to build an Arc. Probably filling it with Grizzly Bears.

Anyway,I dont look so good with a beard. With my face people think I was born with an upside down head.

I have no desire to spend the rest of my life walking on my hands.

Cheers, Micky.

I couldn’t give a flying fox terrier who wins the FA Cup.

I wouldn’t mind seeing Bayern, Barca and Real Madrid knocked out of the CL.

Leicester winning the League is a bit meh. They’ll have their moment in the sun and then get found out big-style next season. Which, of course, they won’t give a flying ficus carica about, having had their 15 minutes of fame.

RA. ๐Ÿ˜€ My days of chemical assistance are well behind me – the nearest I get to a high today is a large piece of chocolate cake.

GB. Please be as controversial as possible, it creates debate.

11. chas mobile says:

Like RA, I have no idea what the post is about but I am a Gunner, a football fan and I do have a beard which must mean I qualify for something.

Raddy thanks for the vote of confidence but “it creates debate” is more likely “it creates eye rolling and sighing”.

Anyway normal service resumed. Ignore that depressing worming git and anyway he feels a lot better after Chas put up a picture of that fit bird at 3.19. Reminds me of a conversation I once had with Terry where he was describing his first love.

Appearances from Terry and R.A. to boot. How are you both. Hope you are well.

GB. No rolling of the eyes in Dk.

6.36. Terrible. Ozil and Sanchez sure to refuse contract extension if we play in that kit

Dippers have inside knowledge?

PEA or Reus?
    Mmmm, thinks.
    Sod it. Both.

Ah ha, Chas. Nice.

I see I had six different bloggers comment, and two didn’t understand. That’s 33%. Must do better.

Over 80% and I could call myself deep and complex ๐Ÿ™‚

I have a post in hand from West Ham Bob ahead of the weekend game.It is centred upon the end of The Boleyn. Should I publish it tomorrow and do my usual PM?

Or just publish it on game day and take a day off?

Obtuse?

I would take Hummels, PEA and Reus

BR
    You have earnt the right a million times over, to do whatever you fancy.

Hummels is shit
    PEA likes fast cars.
    I’d go for Reus.

GoonerB likes Reus – must be good. ๐Ÿ™‚

At 20, Origi looks promising

Erik
    Take the day off, that way you can go mental on Friday night just like the old times

Friday night the coven go down to the beach with a few flagons, some acoustic guitars and have a seal flipper bar-b-q. Apart from some carousing and a bit of howsyourfather it is relatively quiet (by Viking standards)

Whereas Saturday night ….

Bit of an insult to the other L’pool strikers to play Origi, a 20 y.o.

ha ha

Nite all

L’pool did well last night. Next season is going to be exciting if Klopp can continue to improve them.

I blow a raspberry in you general direction
    Piffle to footbally chitty chatter

Should we move to facebook or twitter to avoid post writing altogether?

If I knew how to put on a pic I would. I think I need twatter

Don’t give me any of those negative vibes , man.

Have you decided about your WHam post

too early to write off this season. I think it could still be very exciting

Oh no, not meant to be negative, quite the opposite. Get with the times. Groovy is what you’d call it

cheerleaders next

Yes, I will publish West Ham Bob’s post today – it should get more readers than at the weekend.

WHU Bob is renowned for the Bob Walk. We used to go to Barnet with a group of lads (when AFC were away) and Bob always left on the 83rd minute in order to avoid the rush ๐Ÿ˜€

A steel band? FFS. What next – cheerleaders and pom-poms?

Eddie ๐Ÿ™‚

Betcha the steel band thing was april fools

Like that kit with blue shorts

The only player I couldn’t name immediately was front row second from the right (even with the terrible quality of the photo).

There’s even a sober Alan Hudson.

Look at the steel band article’s author. ๐Ÿ™‚

chas ๐Ÿ˜€

And the band name AIDS
    Mind you, the song “raise your hearts to Arsene” might have got the crowd going alright ๐Ÿ™‚

7.27 Impressive chas. I couldn’t recognise 6 of them. And do not recall Wilf Dixon

Chas
    Did you get Richie Powling (?!?!?) third from right?

Yep Powling and Matthews

David Price was a big old unit

Embarrassed I did not realise 7.10 was a wind-up.

Still gullible after all these years

Looks like home!