Where Arsenal supporters really think we will finish at the end of this season.

Let’s pretend that in the race for the League Title, all teams have played 29 games, and for that to be the case, City and Pool have played, and won, their game in hand.

1. Leicester 1st on  60
  2. Totnum
  3. City
  4. Arsenal 4th on 52
  5. West Ham
  6. Utd
  7. Liverpool 7th on 47

Personally I cannot see Leicester losing three more games than us over the remaining 9 games, but hey, mathematically we can still win the thing. Another factor in overall positions could well be goal difference, and really only Totnum have a significant advantage over the other runners and riders, so that could effectively equate to an additional point in the final analysis.

Ok, today’s post is a poll, and so you could push a button and push off, job done, however, you could lob in a comment with your hopes and aspirations. This could range from “don’t care, going to jump anyway”, to “above Totnum or I’m moving to Grimsby, where I shall survive by selling my body to lonely fishermen”.

Some may argue that Top Four doesn’t matter too much (and what’s the point of the CL, we’ll never win it, and I’m jumping anyway so don’t care) outside of the cash consideration, as a period of consolidation and focus on the League, could be what’s needed, which so nearly worked for Liverpool a few season’s ago.

We recently played Totnum, in what I think was our final opportunity for top spot, now I’m looking below and seeing real threats from the likes of West Ham.

We could look in depth at the individual fixtures of all contenders, but I’m not bothering, rather it will come down to desire and hunger during phases of certain games when things are not going our way. Of course, this applies to the teams around us, and other factors will come into play such as other Cup commitments. There is another factor. The Manager. How will City and possibly Utd, react knowing a different man will be at the helm next term.

If nothing else, it is going to be exciting, and that for me is brilliant.

Where do you think Arsenal will finish?

Written by mickydidit89

190 Responses to Where Arsenal supporters really think we will finish at the end of this season.

Of course I voted first, I support Arsenal and as the song goes: we are by far the greatest team the world has ever seen.

The thing is Leicester could have the kind of game as we did in the week during which we lost every one of our central defenders and if they had a similar calamitous game what would happen to kind, cuddly Leicester — they would be royally f———-d.

The thing is that could equally not happen and they stay injury free until the end of the season in that case would they be lucky or have they got better training methods than Arsenal currently employ?

In my opinion, over ten seasons the club with the consistently better squad are more likely to finish higher than the club with just 11 good players but out of those 10 seasons there is always the likelihood that a Leicester will appear and go through the whole season injury free. Luck or judgement?

Didn’t put in the “Lower” option. Honest 🙂

If I’d asked myself this question post Swansea, then 5th or even 6th would have been my honest answer.

The unknown factor for me is the will or desire. They were always going to raise their input (or is it output?) at Totnum,, and with six changes, the Hull game is hard to judge.

Does a good cup run help motivate fringe 1st XI’ers in an attempt to secure a starting berth at Wembley? After all, competition for places can do wonders.

Supposing, as LB mentioned, Leicester do crash for whatever reason, then there could be very few points between first and seventh.

11 votes, or 25%, for 1st. Wow.

5. goonermichael says:

I think 3rd or 4th

6. X (the blogger formerly known as RA) says:

A cheeky little Post, Didit, but one that made me confront my fears logically. Thank you and well done, sir. 🙂

You see, there are so many variants in football at any given time that predicting meaningful outcomes is rarely possible – but especially in the run-in to the end of this season, so that even wearing my Mr Spock, tufted ears, I could not work out a logical matrix to solve the questions of ‘who will finish first?’ or ‘where will Arsenal finish?’.

You see, it is difficult where part of the equation involves the momentum each potential candidate team has – that in turn is based on team and individual confidence; team results (good or bad); luck (not recognised as either prescriptive or determinable by the laws of physics according to Rasp) but to normal fans is recognised as an inevitable consequence of unforeseen or unpredictable events – so I have gone with gut feeling and concern for the growing injury roster.

Reviewing the current table and the intangibles mentioned above, and what the tea leaves tell me – I regretfully believe that Arsenal will do well to fight for fourth place, and as the Fat Lady wobbles out to sing – we will be fifth.

Of course I hope we win the title (also known as ‘first’) – that goes without saying – and I can even convince myself a plague of bulbous eyed frogs will descend on Leics and create havoc, or that odious monsters will emerge from the swamps of Tottenham and devour the Spuds – but I also know that all that is wishful thinking and so ……

X. Is there any other method than gut feeling?

Unless, of course, you are Crystals and can predict the uncertainties ahead.

8. fatgingergooner says:

Leicester are now having to play their games on tv for the rest of the season due to their position. That means playing Sunday’s and Monday’s when other teams may have already won on the Saturday. That’s a massive pressure and can effect how a side performs. They have some tough fixtures towards the end so if we can just win and apply the pressure then I think we can still do it.

9. fatgingergooner says:

Leicester have had I pressure up to now, but a lot of their players may never have this chance again, and that’s going to have an effect.

The upcoming international window is going to be key too. Possible injuries, chance to recover from injuries, and 2 weeks to dwell on your previous result(s).

10. Red Arnie says:

hmmm. Nice teaser, Micky. 🙂

I have voted fourth in a sort of mind above heart way. I do not think we deserve to be higher than 4th this season. This is consistent with our performance so far, and also with our GD, which is pretty poor. IMO. We conceded far too many, and rather more in proportion to what we seem capable of creating.

I hope we finish above Totnum, and we can! I also cannot believe that the Leicester bubble has not burst. I have a feeling this might still come. But if that means Spurs are in the hot seat, this will be complete disaster. I dont know what I will do then!

“Totnum does not win, or I’m moving to Grimsby, where I shall survive by selling my body to lonely fishermen”. I think that sounds about right. 🙂

micky @10:08 – what is the “wow” for? Did you think you are dealing with reasonable, realistic and rational thinking lot on here? Really micky, you do disappoint sometimes

I was told today not to laugh and pool and mancs fighting it off in Europa tonight as it is their only chance of playing in the CL next season. it could happen to us too. Or it couldn’t? no, surely not

Firmly in third, below the neighbours

Thanks for the post Micky.

I think we should all answer as honestly as we can and then review our choice at the end of the season to see where we really sit on the pessimist/realist/optimist scale …. I voted for 3rd 😆

Still first for me.

15. For Heaven’s sake… how many more times?

REMAINING FIXTURES
    Leicester will win only 4 of their remaining games.
    Arsenal will not lose a game, winning all but one.
    Liverpool will go unbeaten in all of their 10 remaining games.

TABLE TODAY – 10th March 2016
    Leicester … 60 pts
    Pretenders … 55 pts
    Arsenal … 52 pts
    Man City …50 pts
    West Ham …49 pts
    Man Utd … 47 pts
    Liverpool …44 pts

LEICESTER – 5 home, 4 away (nine games)
    Leicester v Newcastle – W
    Crystal Palace v Leicester – D
    Leicester v Southampton – W
    Sunderland v Leicester – W
    Leicester v West Ham – D
    Leicester v Swansea – W
    Man Utd v Leicester – L
    Leicester v Everton – D
    Chelsea v Leicester – L
    = 15 pts

TOTTENHAM – 4 home, 5 away (nine games)
    Aston Villa v Tottenham – W
    Tottenham v Bournemouth – W
    Liverpool v Tottenham – L
    Tottenham v Man Utd – D
    Stoke v Tottenham – D
    Tottenham v West Brom – W
    Chelsea v Tottenham – L
    Tottenham v Southampton – W
    Newcastle v Tottenham – W
    = 17 pts

ARSENAL – 5 home, 4 away (nine games)
    Arsenal v West Brom – W
    Everton v Arsenal – W
    Arsenal v Watford – W
    West Ham v Arsenal – W
    Arsenal v Crystal Palace – W
    Sunderland v Arsenal – W
    Arsenal v Norwich – W
    Man City v Arsenal – D
    Arsenal v Aston Villa – W
    = 25 pts

MAN CITY – 4 home, 6 away (ten games)
    Norwich v Man City – W
    Man City v Man Utd – W
    Bournemouth v Man City – W
    Man City v West Brom – W
    Chelsea v Man City – L
    Man City v Stoke – W
    Southampton v Man City – D
    Man City v Arsenal – D
    Swansea v Man City – W
    Newcastle v Man City (date to be confirmed) – W
    = 23 pts

WEST HAM – 5 home, 4 away (9 games)
    Chelsea v West Ham – L
    West Ham v Crystal Palace – W
    West Ham v Arsenal – L
    Leicester v West Ham – D
    West Brom v West Ham – D
    West Ham v Swansea – W
    Stoke v West Ham – D
    West Ham v Watford (date to be confirmed) – W
    West Ham v Man Utd (date to be confirmed) – D
    = 13 pts

MAN UTD – 5 home, 4 away (9 games)
    Man City v Man Utd – L
    Man Utd v Everton – D
    Tottenham v Man Utd – D
    Man Utd v Aston Villa – W
    Man Utd v Leicester – W
    Norwich v Man Utd – W
    Man Utd v Bournemouth – W
    Man Utd v Crystal Palace (date to be confirmed) – W
    West Ham v Man Utd (date to be confirmed) – D
    = 18 pts

LIVERPOOL – 6 home, 4 away (10 games)
    Southampton v Liverpool – D

3. Man City … 73 pts
    4. Pretenders … 72 pts
    5. Liverpool … 66 pts
    6. Man Utd … 65 pts
    7. West Ham … 62 pts

16. fatgingergooner says:

I said a while ago that 78 points give you a great chance of the title and I still believe that will be the case. It’s going to take a huge upturn in form for us to get near that, but we are definitely capable. 9 games is nearly a quarter of the season and we often finish strong and I expect no different this time.

I’m actually not worried about Spurs. I think the Dortmund games are going to ruin their season. This a Dortmund team who are great at keeping the ball and if Spurs press they are going to be exhausting themselves. Their confidence will have gone down a bit after the West Ham loss and draw with us and I think the after-effect of the Dortmund games will mean they drop points against Villa and/or Bournemouth.

We have signed Kelechi Nwakali. 17 year old “wonderkid” who was player of the tournament at the last Youth WC.

Previous winners, Cesc, Toni Kroos, Anderson, Iheanacho (19 yo at Man City).

Could be exciting.

FGG. Shame there is an International break after the Everton game 😦

19. fatgingergooner says:

I’m actually going to change my prediction and say the team that finishes on 75+ points wins the PL. I’m not totally convinced that will be us though!

For the first time ever I’m actually interested to watch the Europa League games. I think the Dortmund game will be a great tactical battle, and I’m going to enjoy watching either United’s or Liverpool’s season go tits up! I hope Liverpool win tonight so that United are down for the West Ham game at the weekend. Losing to West Brom, Liverpool and West Ham in a week would ruin them!

20. fatgingergooner says:

BR,

2 weeks is a long time to think about awful results. I’m praying we beat Everton next weekend or it will be us sulking! 🙏

I voted first although I think we will probably be second behind Leicester (at least that’s what I predicted when I last did the Times title predictor)

This was first time I did it

And this was one I just did 🙂

GIE. Nice work.

Now mr Didit this is not an easy question to answer and I wonder how many people are telling the truth when you look at the current position on votes.;)

I look at the FA Cup first and although Watford are having a good season they just can’t score goals at the moment and I am pretty confident that we win that game but then we have the Barca match which to be honest would be better to give them a bye in case we get more injuries or red cards and then Away to Everton.
    Apart from either Reading or Palace and assuming we beat Watford all the other opponents are difficult so where does Wenger’s priority lay as I am sure he didn’t expect 3 more injuries the other night of which 2 are long term.
    IMO we just have too many injuries and several players not scoring regularly for us to mount a real title challenge.I think we lost that chance when Swansea beat us, but in the crazy season anything could happen.
    City to me are the strongest squad and though leicester keep confounding everyone (even though we beat them twice) they have a few games against relegation threatened sides so in conclusion it would be Leicester or City to win the league and us to come anywhere between 3rd and 6th but hopefully third and a third FA Cup then Mr Wenger can at least bow out with his head held high and with a smaller amount of abuse than several peeople think he may continue to get.

Anyone who bets have a wager on Ryan Giggs as next United manager,Mourinho is not wanted by them.

26. TotalArsenal says:

hahaha Micky – I thought you did only care about beautiful footie?! What if we win the league after nine 1-0s to the Arsenal and playing safe and boring footie? 😉

Leicester are in a very good position and we need them to drop five or six points in two consecutive games to stand a chance with catching them up. For us it is just OGAAT and don’t look down or up for nine games. Lets do nine undefeated and see where we end up. Simples. 🙂

Bloody hell, this just goes to illustrate how fickle Arsenal supporters are and how stats can be very misleading.

The answer most have voted for is that we finish Top. But those who think we might just miss out and finish second are in last place in the top 4 poll??

This is how it stands so far:

We finish top – 28.39%
    We finish 4th – 24.52%
    We finish 3rd – 23.87 %
    We finish 2nd – 17.42%

So what does this tell us?

Supporters feel that finishing 2nd would be the worst result?
    The optimists stand alone in the strength of their convictions?
    The realists inhabit the middle ground?
    All stats are bollix? 🙂

I voted first because I am a poor unrealistic optimist who can’t face the realities of life. I love Big Al’s analysis and hope it comes true.

I think it is quite possible we will need to win all remaining fixtures (actually possible) but may get away with one loss or 2 draws, but that can’t be in the City away game which I think will be a MWG.

Leicester have had to scrape a few wins recently. Could be the mark of champions or it could be that they will run out of steam in those closer games and drop points. I can see a few banana skins for Leicester even before their tougher last 3 fixtures. If we manage to make up 8 points on Leicester then the goal difference likely swings in our favour so I think we only have to make up those 8 points on Leicester to pip them on goal difference.

With Spurs I think we will have to make up 4 points on them as they seem to be better at scoring and already have a significant advantage. They have some toughies so that can be done as well.

Man City could be tricky to call. They are capable of winning every remaining game in which case we have to make sure that if they do finish strongly that we win at their place and match their strong finish ourselves in the remaining fixtures. They should progress in the ECL and I just wonder if this will become their big focus, so we need them to have a tough draw next round and possibly even one we hope they scrape through to face a second tough draw.

Each of the teams we are challenging with has points to drop. If Leicester don’t drop those points then they are worthy champions, and I feel in this situation the subsequent inquest with Arsenal will not be pretty. Even worse with Spurs. We can only do what we can now and we should be looking at all 9 fixtures as wins for us and pull our socks up and go out and do it.

29. fatgingergooner says:

Gabriel and Merts both fit for Watford. Kos should be back next week (hopefully he doesn’t take him to Barca and saves him for Everton game). Wilshere, Cech and Cazorla back after international break, but we probably won’t see Cazorla or Wilshere straight away.

Rasp it is likely that those (like me) that voted first is because it is still possible and you feel it is what you should morally vote for as an Arsenal fan. I went with my heart….not even bothering to investigate what is in my head 🙂

Once you remove those that feel guilty about not voting 1st you are dealing with those that use their head and logic so they arrive at a more balanced objective conclusion.

I fully expect Terry to be on here later claiming we will be 1st on 92 points with a +51 goal difference 🙂

Raddy I’m sure I could get another result of I did it again.

Rasp the stats actually tells us that 72% of Gooners polled don’t believe we will win the league 😀

😆 GiE … I’ve just voted again and gone for we come top …..

Surprised there has not been more talk of the players closed door meeting that Theo has talked about recently following the Swansea game.

Around that time Hector was quoted along the lines of Arteta having the tools to be a good manager one day, I wonder how much influence he has behind the scenes?

GIE that probably opens up a can of worms that will inevitably have some discussions about AW that many may find unpalatable. I also remember a similar situation in our first title under Wenger where we were labouring and some way behind and the senior players then (the Adamses and other famous back line) called a behind doors emergency meeting of players only.

The rumour goes that they instructed Vieira and Petit to play differently and we then went on a brilliant run and won the title. If true it could indicate that title was more to do with the players changing tactics and not the manager.

In the present environment it could beg questions along the line of does the manager know how to put things right or improve us? Does the manager pay enough attention to detail in the modern game and in how he instructs his players? Is he providing enough direction to players?

Are you sure you want to open that can of worms GIE or secretly have our comments removed 🙂

35. Red Arnie says:

City dropping points:

Man Utd H
    Chelsea A
    Arsenal H

Us dropping points:

City A

But I don’t have any defeats for any team.

GoonerB I always thought Adams had said he went to Arsene and asked him to get Perit and Vieira to cover more I’m not sure it was behind closed doors….could be wrong there.

I don’t think the United result especially had anything to do with the manager, the position the players were in there should be absolutely no need to have to motivate them if they need a manager to motivate them with the chance of winning the League then they are afraid in the wrong job. It is very different if trying to motivate a team at the bottom that can’t find a win.

So if it was a case of the players having a meeting to find some kind of collective responsibility then I have zero problems with it.

Let’s face it, these lads can talk behind closed doors whenever they want, but I’m sure we’ve all been in teams where individual cliques develop, I’ve certainly been in dressing rooms where clear the air meetings have happened without he manager, mainly because our performances were not to do with the manager they were because good players thought they could go out on a Friday night and turn up for a Saturday 3pm feeling worse for wear but still guaranteed a start etc etc.

38. X (the blogger formerly known as RA) says:

Rasp @ 1:11

That is typical numberist — no mention of the valiant few who voted ‘5th’.

We have feelings you know – just like your carp. 🙂

Your comment all makes sense GIE but then another argument could be that if the manager can’t motivate the players for “x” game when they are in with a chance for the league then is he still the right manager?

Note I am not saying that this is my belief but I could see how some could (possibly justifiably) see it this way.

40. fatgingergooner says:

If anything I think our recent poor results were to do with pressure. The players must definitely be feeling it with all the fan unrest, the fact Spurs are above us, knowing the situation Wenger is in of we don’t win it. It does feel like a very important end of season for the football club.

It’s also been noticeable that the manager and players stopped answering questions about the title after the Swansea game. It seems the stock answer about where we are in the title race is ‘I don’t know’. This may be because it’s so difficult to judge, but I actually think it’s been done to get the title off the players’ minds and get them playing football again. Usually the response from Wenger and the players is along the lines of ‘we are still in the race’ or ‘we have a chance’ etc

41. fatgingergooner says:

Getting a bit desperate but I’m hoping Benitez is in at Newcastle before they play Leicester on Monday! Maybe he can whip them into shape.

He is going to need a big whip.

Cheers, Micky.

I voted 1st just for the hell of it.

FGG, I am not quite so harsh on the team and club as many others but still more critical than some. I agree about the pressure but it is a self induced pressure, so I don’t have as much sympathy as many with where we are.

A title is won across a season and I was never as comfortable passing off some of the silly dropped points earlier in the season with the consolation that there were still so many games and points left. The title winners normally require consistency and minimal unnecessary blips across the season so any c..k up earlier puts pressure on later in the season leaving no margin for error, and this is where we currently are.

Cheers Micky

1st of course. if we get our act together we will do it. Win every game and probably end up with a +51 goal difference.

We all need our fantasies Micky. Mine are pretty harmless, adulation from women, crease less fifty pound notes, and the odd murder.

I would like to take this opportunity to do something I don’t often do, admiration of Arsene Wenger

Tonight Liverpool and Utd clash in Europe’s 2nd division. That’s all that has to be said.

Tottingham should be pleased they’re above Braga, Anderlecht and Basel. 🙂

Please, please, no injuries for the spuds tonight.

Terry 🙂

a +51 goal difference and 92 points……Get with the programme Terry…..oh and I’m so pleased you have said something nice about Arsene for once. Getting a bit tedious all this Mancini Arsene Wenger negativity.

48. fatgingergooner says:

GB,

I agree a lot of the pressure was self induced, and I’m guessing that’s why a meeting was needed to tell each other to get back to basics and stop stressing.

As for what is required in a normal season, you are correct, but this season has been anything but normal and I think there are more twists to come.

49. Good work, mickydidit.

GIE @ 1.51pm
    I think only your good self, Gooner B, and me are bothered enough to actually assess the remaining games in terms of wins, draws, losses, points.

Maybe it’s my imagination but I think everyone else on here is too lazy to work out the simple maths (even after I’ve done most of the work for them with the fixture list) and just trips along with a “que sera” mentality.

Is Chas alone when he “voted 1st just for the hell of it”?

(yellow smiley face)

chas is never alone. he has ant.

Hi big Al, I refute your allegation that the rest of us are lazy 🙂

It is a brave man indeed who believes he can predict the outcomes of games this season – given that a team that were favourites for relegation are clear at the top and the chavs nowhere to be seen.

I reckon we’ve have as much chance of predicting the outcome of these last games if we consulted the tea leaves!

chas won’t admit it, but he’s a closet realist 😆

I don’t think so Rasp, he is really quite mad

Big Al
    What are your predictions for tonight
    dippers v mancs
    Dortmund v spuddies?

I’ve got a few quid burning a hole in my pocket and quite fancy making an exciting profit at the bookies. 🙂

DD
    Dday
    Dippers and Dortmund

I was asking someone who knows all of the Prem results for the rest of the season, not some closet scouser. 🙂

so what? This blog is free for all who wish to express their opinion without repeating themselves, without disagreeing with the regulars and without using word c*nt.

I am not a closet anything. But I would prefer them to win it than mancs. And. They have good record against ManU

Oh, and I’m a closet purist.
    Reality sucks.

And, you might get serenaded from the shower tomorrow morning, too.

feck that, I’d rather have my beauty sleep 🙂

Expressing any opinion would bound to disagree with some regular’s viewpoint as we cater for the full range of lunatic here.

Where are you stopping in Catalonia?

62. fatgingergooner says:

Liverpool 2-1 United
    Dortmund 2-0 Tottenham

63. fatgingergooner says:

Scrap that. Just seen the Spurs team.

Dortmund 4-0 Tottenham

No Kane, Alli, Dembele, Walker, Rose, Lamela, Vertonghen, Dier.

Flippin heck, looks like they are ditching it.

Ha. Spurs really are an awful shower of faecal matter.

Can’t even put out a full team for what is probably their biggest game of the past few seasons Why? Because they are scared.

H10 Marina Barcelona, fairly central
    I am flying on 16th, hours before the game
    I hope I will have time to check in and refresh for the big occasion

terrific voice, shame about the haircut 🙂

why are spurs doing that?? Are they saving themselves for the league?

69. fatgingergooner says:

Makes sense really. Best they can get from winning EL is a CL place. They can do that by finishing top 4 where they are already well placed to do so. Would be hilarious if they throw this away and finish 5th!

70. … “someone who knows all of the Prem results”…
    don’t be fuzz-ee-shuss, lazy boy.

I don’t predict Euro stuff, being a fan of Boris.
    Cyclist, with groovy hair. Bit like Kelsey’s. Cool.

Brilliant cat pic, btw.

Oy. I have a patent on myhair BA 🙂

72. Thinking about it Micky, should prizes be handed out to those who don’t finish first? They do that in schools now.

I use to finish last. I was the kid with asthma who didn’t have a breathing problem and my swimming was aided by the use of a petit, but sturdy boat.

By the end I was such a good boat sitter, that some old man in a pink hat invited me to lie down on his yacht.

Did I get a prize for this? No. I was ostracised for having a non wet swimming technique.

This is a very important issue. Been a good athlete means acceptance and recognition. Been a poor one could result in believing Satan chose you to make heavy breathing phone calls to an elderly neighbor and later on you develop into a man who gets on buses without a pre determined destination.

You may even graduate to the point were you enjoy Hare aggression.

For these reasons, I believe kids with no sporting prowess should be given a prize for been shit. It will put angry Hares out of business

Totnumb will get humped. There crap.

Rather short legs,Chas in fact and arms and hands it’s a bloody midget with my head. God forbid.

nice glasses though

“develop into a man who gets on buses without a pre determined destination.” LoL

Disgraceful performance from Spurs. Imagine paying money to follow your team to Germany (and I can tell you it is not cheap) and find the manager has put out the reserve side.

And the PL is no excuse because BD are 5 points behind BM with 9 games to go, just as Spurs are behind LCFC

Pochettino gone down massively in my estimation.

oh, my comment is gone

ok, I will retype it

come on Raddy, be fair. Spuds have their best chance of winning the league in more than 50 years, so they will not risk anything to feck it up so we can have a good larf at their expense, again

79. fatgingergooner says:

Not good for confidence being hammered like that. We will have a similar problem against Barca but at least we had the balls to give it a go in the first leg. Dortmund not missed a beat since Klopp left.

fattie – where are you watching the game tonight? its not on sky 🙂

If the score in Barca is 3:0 I won’t be devastated. Over 5 I might be

stupid mancs trying to outperform the Scousers when they are not walking alone!

Eddie. Sorry but that IS fair.

Spurs have AV away and Bournemouth at home as their next 2 PL games – an almost guaranteed 6 points and then there is the International break.

How would we feel if AW played a reserve side in the first leg of a European knock-out game?

I think Spurs showed once again that they have no class whatsoever. They should publicly apologise to their travelling fans who did not see their team have a single shot at goal.

We went to BD and won, why couldn’t a first 11 Spurs?

And what would have happened if key players got injured? No, sorry Raddy but I think Pochettino has done the right thing.

Eddie. Thank goodness you are not the Arsenal manager.

Naturall I voted First 😀

Yeah right, Wenger never played second team in lesser competitions when he had bigger fish to fry. How many times we have heard he was disrespectful to the opponents?

Raddy I am talking to you!!

good night, speak tomorrow

89. 1979Gunner says:

If Arsenal had been on the receiving end if that Dortmund result tonight I don’t thknk there would have been the same ‘kid glove’ reaction as witnessed in the media e.g. BBC report: http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/35763803

Anything Arsenal achieve from here is a bonus in a boob prize kind of way. Jim Bowen appearing at the end of the season to remind us “let’s have a look at what you COULD have won!”.

And to think if the 3 games Leicester has lost, 2 have been to Arsenal. Frustrating.

Damn, spud threw it.

Kind of makes a mockery of this great squad line that I’ve see trotted out about the Spuds so regularly….they clearly don’t have it otherwise Poch would have risked his super fit players tonight too.

Goes back to LBs early comment about luck or judgement/training in terms of Leicester’s 11-14 regulars.

Even saw Lineker complain that rotation doesn’t work and it’s only English clubs that seem to do it in Europe….completely disregarding fact that most weeks the top Spanish, German and French sides can rest on the pitch as they coast to another win.

Fairly Motning from this end today

Crikey, Spurs are going for the League.

Fairly Motning!!!
    Sorry, go for a few more gulps of coffee

Beautiful morning for an early dog walk

Morning Micky

I like Klopp don’t know how good a manager he will turn out to be but his English is near perfect and like me is very upbeat, long hair,beard and glasses.

I like this comment from last night by him.

“it’s the mother of all football games”

Really misty and autumnal looking in Notts.

kelsey
    Have you got a hipster beard now?.

not sure about Klopp; sometimes I think he is handsome man, but his teeth are too big and he looks shabby. His hair is always greasy. I’m glad they won though

foggy here

and how is Dotty doing? Part of furniture now?

what are these photos? looks like Warsaw after the war with some wildlife

even I prefer sliders

bad day for Eddie, have to put down my old german sheppard. She was such a difficult, horrible dog and yet I cannot let her go, its killing me 😦 vet coming here at 4pm

this is a bit harsh:
    “Manchester United were “shambolic” and had no plan during their 2-0 Europa League defeat at Liverpool, says former United midfielder Paul Scholes.”

yet they beat us fair and square.

Everyone raises their game when they play The Arsenal.
    That’s what we have to contend with. 🙂

great! we lose to rubbish teams, but we can be proud that we are The Arsenal.

It’s because of the “The”.
    Everybody else is jealous.

of course 🙂

Brilliant pics chas, especially the first two. In B&W they make more impact.

108. Oh dear Eddie, sad news about Shirley 😦 the other two will miss her.

109. TotalArsenal says:

Eddie, hope it will not be too awful for you today. Help yourself to a large glass of Vodka afterwards.

110. TotalArsenal says:

It never stops amazing me how varied and continuously fantastic the images that Chas puts on this blog are. These alone are a reason to regularly visit AA. Keep it up champion of the footie experience and appreciator of beauty. 🙂

Have a nice day AAers 🙂

I know he looks about 75 but he is a few years younger,so Happy birthday, Micky

112. Red Arnie says:

Motning all. Happy birthday, Micky. 🙂

Frosty morning here

HB Young Didit. Hope you have a fine day and a year filled with silverware

How the hell did you know that, Crystals, and don’t say “balls”.
    Anyway, thank you both, now let’s leave all that nonsense behind.

Eddie
    Really sorry to hear your news. Very sad.

Going to polish work off double quick, and get back outside. Later.

Oh don’t be so vulgar Erik. Silverware indeed. Piffle. Total knows. Goals.

116. fatgingergooner says:

Sad news Eddie. Thoughts are with you.

Paul Scholes also said something like ‘Man U cannot become a team that celebrates 4th place and the odd trophy. That’s Arsenal’

Ginger t*sser!

117. fatgingergooner says:

I fancy United and Chelsea to get knocked out of the FA Cup this weekend. Just saying!

B Micky and it says you are 33. Is that your waist or chest or neck measurement.;)

Evonne I know how heart breaking it is.We had to put both of our Boxers down last year in September and then on New years Eve.

Morning all.

Very sorry about your news Eddie 😦

Happy birthday purist 🙂

Terry 6.28 yesterday 🙂

121. VCC says:

Eddie. Sorry to hear about your German Shepherd. I lost my Boxer “George” a year ago last November.

It hurts, I will be thinking of you. XXX

122. lego says:

When Wenger joined Arsenal we were a million miles away from winning the Champions league , 20 years on and we’re still a million miles away.

123. fatgingergooner says:

When Wenger joined Arsenal we were a million miles away from being IN the champions League!

FGG Lego is out troll, he uses many names. You will recognise his style which is always brief and always negative

125. lego says:

Whether we are in the Champions league or not we are still after 20 years a million miles away from winning it so best not bother until we find someone who can deliver.

Lego

I assume you are in your twenties, nothing wrong with that of course but the reason I say that is because if you were older you would have real memories of just how for away were at that time of winning the Champions League.

127. lego says:

No Champions league in the Thirties or Seventies or early Nineties so it would be difficult to enter a competition that did not exist

Er, got to the final. Never mind that Dear 🙂

Having a quick coffee break here. Superb sunny day.

130. lego says:

Won two European trophies prior to Wenger, never mind

For my birthday grub, I asked for halibut, and my wife got this. Farmed stuff from the island of Gigha. Apparently, as good as the wild stuff, organic, and of course sustainable.

The island is cool. The inhabitants clubbed together and bought it.
    If my children had left home, and they offered me a job, I’d go tomorrow. In fact, if they fed me, I’d go.

Ok, off out again.

Bit like winning the league cup those others, but never you mind about the detail ROLF 🙂

Later, and thanks for the fun.

133. lego says:

Wenger would do well trying to win the League Cup as he has no chance in winning the Champions league

134. VCC says:

Wouldn’t mind some of that on my plate tonight mickydidit. Ava G8 bDay.

135. fatgingergooner says:

BR,

I did think that might be the case. I suspect a child’s plastic brick might be more fun to interact with.

136. fatgingergooner says:

Say what you want about the quality of the PL, but when a team who are 19th can hire the last Real Madrid manager, then you know it’s got some pulling power (and money!). The equivalent teams in the other top 4 European leagues at the moment are:-

Gijon
    Carpi
    Hoffenheim
    Toulouse

Could you imagine Benitez agreeing to go to one of them!?

FGG. Nice comment and well researched 🙂

Good luck to Benitez, he and Bruce will add weight to the PL

138. Ant says:

Thanks Lego. This is for you,

Hey, Micky
    I’m a bit late to your’s and lego’s party, but Happy Chuffin Birthday.

I’ve had quite a nice Didit anniversarial day, myself, despite all expectations to the contrary.

No apologies for posting this same clip again. Woooooooo!

140. Red Arnie says:

very sorry to hear the sad news, Evonne. 🙂

141. Red Arnie says:

So, Kelsey enlisted the help of the secret services to try and find a striker for the team.

They failed, but in its place, found the birthday of our dear Micky! 😛

hope you had a great day, Didit! 🙂

142. Ant says:

Happy b’day Micky

£13 on Ebay…..Hmmmm

I think they only sell them at that price because they throw in the box 🙂

Thanks all for birthday happys

According to Amy Lawrence ticket boycott has gone really well….there are 300 seats remaining.

Some ST holders saying they opted in and sold on exchange within hour.

Birthdays are so yesterday

Eddie thoughts with you and other dogs in the pack. x

thank you for all the kind words and support,it means a lot to me xx
    My mad Shirley is at peace now, she died in my arms.

belate birthday wishes mr DidIt, I wish you that the wind always blows in the right direction xx

LB – I actually sold lots of timber without a box. They didn’t even ask for one. Mind you, the timber was worth about £500 and I sold it for £50. But no nonsense with box

“At peace” is a good place to be Eddie. Bless Shirley.

Exile

All these boycotts, parades and black scarves, always remind me of Rick Mayall in the Young Ones and his one man revolutions

Trump has his own revolution in US, the scenes are disturbing

Can someone remind me why our game was postponed?

The email about opting out of the Watford game said the Exchange wouldn’t be open for that game because of that very ‘opting out’ process.

Because we’re playing Watford in the cup on Sunday.

what Sunday, this Sunday?

Eddie
    Sorry about Shirley – I had no idea what to say yesterday.

yes, this Sunday at 13:30. I was going to sell more wood, damn

Yep, 1.30pm kick off

that’s fine darling. it’s so awful even I don’t know what to say. I will never get another pet, it’s too painful

why are Watforders called the hornets? they have a muse in their logo

Cos of the yellow and black kit?

oh ok, makes sense. Are you going to the game?

There’s another banner made for Sunday’s demo.
    Beware – questionable taste. 🙂

Yes, we’ll be there.
    For a change. 🙂

Chas
    Could be good entertainment on and off the pitch, particularly if the “One Arsene Wenger” banner also appears anywhere near Marmite, and I suspect it will

ha ha ha, did you make this banner ?

Good to find Micky conscious at this time in the morning. Not sure that would have been the case on his morning following his birthday 20 years ago

Mind you that is true of yours truly and most on AA I guess 🙂

Erik

Shall I do a quick conversation starter? Perhaps a kind of Weekend Focus little number?

raddy – you need to get your arse out of bed a little bit earlier 🙂 chas is gone to salon, DidIt with Dotty and me out in 5. Laters 🙂

Get writing Didit.

Done. Sent.

No-one around later to publish the post so I will do so now …

There is a New Post