Coquelin’s Punishment. No trip to Hull.

Let’s be honest, the home leg was dreary. How can this evening  be an improvement?

Simple. Goals. As Didit continually harps on about, goals are what we pay for. I love a crunching tackle, even better a little outrageous skill (aka Mesut), a towering defensive header or a sprint down the wings but let’s face it, a 0-0 draw rarely excites. It is goals which get us out of our seats.

Awful Music Alert. Turn off Speakers before Watching

There have been some fine 0-0, I recall at cracker at WHL a few seasons ago. Thinking of which I saw this and giggled – hopefully you will too.

Ccy5PWtW4AAKw9G.jpg

Mr Bruce, he of the badly squashed face, you know the mush, the one that looks as though he has run full-face into a wall, Come on, you know, the chap who resembles an overweight pug dog. Well, Mr Bruce has once again stated that he will rotate his squad. He did so at The Emirates and came away with an unwanted result. With the PL a priority Bruce will not want a home game against Watford on Sunday – or will he? It must be a financial boon.

The FA Cup has to be a priority for Mr Wenger. We are doomed in the CL and the PL title remains open; the chance to make FAC history must be alluring. 3 on the spin would satisfy even Herb’s Army!

So, we will play a few reserves and chaps who need games to return to form. Giroud will start alongside Walcott. Campbell too.

I expect to see Chambers at RB which forces Mr Wenger to play his first choice, fit, CB’s – BFG and Paul Easter. Gibbs to continue at LB after a fine game on Saturday.

Team:

Ospina

Chambers   BFG   Easter   Gibbs

Elneny   Flamini   Iwobi

Campbell    Giroud    Walcott

A strong bench in case of our lads being silly.

Hull played well at the Em’s and they are not going to be easy opponents tonight – they never are. Two decent CB’s backed up by a fine GK and a battling midfield, they are hard to break down. If Hull score first it could be a long night.

BTW have you ever been to Hull? If not, keep it that way. If, like me, you have visited this outpost of civilisation you will know that the game is best watched from the comfort of your own home or a pub.

And remember, the match kicks off at 19.00. Can you recall a match ever kicking off at 19.00? Anyone know why?

Another big game for Arsenal. A home tie against Watford beckons; win that and we are into the Semi’s.

Glory and Silverware awaits

COYRRG

199 Responses to Coquelin’s Punishment. No trip to Hull.

This is precisely what annoys me about you, Erik 🙂

You’re just like Arsene. You are suggesting six changes!!! Two per game, every game, is a simple and effective formula.

How can Welbeck, Elneny or Coquelin possibly be tired. I’d make two changes to Spurs away. Rest Ramsey and play Joel in the same role as that’s a seamless switch. Then one other, probably Bellerin.

Hey, Erik
    I’ll make a bet with you. If you’re team starts, we will lose, and I will send you a brand new, unopened, packet of elastic bands (mixed colours ‘n all)

3. dylan says:

your team is spot on what will be picked and the eufa champions league wanted arsenal to k/off early as to not co-inside with their games

Cheers Raddy, whose Mr Bruce? I think I will need a bit more information before I can identify him in a line up 🙂

I think I must have a weird way of looking at the game and Arsenal. You see although I was disappointed in the home game because of the 0-0, I was also more happy than most because I thought it showed a return to our slicker football and getting on the front foot in attack. 24 shots on goal with 11 on target.

However I can accept that I was the only one that saw positives in that game 🙂

I was more miffed with say the 3-3 with Liverpool, with the sitting deep like a mid table team for large periods and inviting Liverpool to come on to us, and then hoofing long balls out of defence in the hope that a certain player could hold it up.

Still, taxi for GoonerB eh. To the Mancinimental institute please cabby 🙂

I have no comment on my preferred line up. I will go with what Chas thinks 🙂

5. JM says:

Match official: Kevin Friend
    (- recently concussed while being the 4th official in a PL match at Vitality Stadium. He is/should be? well enough to manage today’s FA Cup tie).

– officiated the following PL ties involving Arsenal, which the team all won:

(away) Swansea 0-3 Arsenal (win)
    (away) Aston Villa 0-2 Arsenal (win)
    (away) Bournemouth 0-2 Arsenal (win)

Good omens?

(away) Hull City ?-? Arsenal (?win?)

The 4th official is Graham Scott (another PL referee).

Actually Raddy, I quite like your team unless Chas says different after he finish mucking around with creating coats of arms.

Dylan. Fine work.

Then again Micky has a point in his 9.46. Getting confused now.

Micky. I will take that bet but I want a ball of coloured elastic bands not one of those soppy plastic packets

10. fatgingergooner says:

I’ve been told if we win then the West Brom game on Saturday is postponed and we play Watford on Sunday in the cup. For me, this is another reason why today is important. If we win then our only PL game before the international break is Everton away. That would then give us a 2 week break from all the PL rubbish and a chance to regroup before winning 7 of our last 8 league games (5 home, 3 away) and claiming the title! 😄

Thanks Raddy for the great read and sound advice. Nope, I have not been to Hull and will keep it that way 🙂

Perhaps Steve Bruce looks like A pug, but my pug looks nothing like Steve Bruce, the former being gorgeous, the latter not.

It would be nice to win and go through to the quarter finals, but that means more games, less energy conserved for the EPL. I can see you are thinking the same, hence Walcott in the starting XI.

12. Red Arnie says:

Nice one, Raddy. 🙂

However, I find no excitement in goals conceded by us. Particularly since one vaerage per game, we concede more than one. That is one depressing thought.

But, of course, tonight will be different, 3-0 to the Arsenal. COYG. 😛

13. allen says:

i want to know wheater koscielny will be available this weekend epl match and champions leagues match v barcelonia

Hi allen,

All this information is available on arsenal.com under ‘team news’

…. on Koscielny it says:

“Speaking ahead of Arsenal’s game at Hull City on March 7, Arsene Wenger said: “Laurent will be short for Hull. he has a chance to be available for the weekend, but I think even for then he will be short.”

Thanks for the PM Raddy, the games are coming thick and fast from now on so you’re going to be busy 🙂

I really have no idea how tonight’s game will go, I just hope the work rate and ‘sprit’ we saw on Saturday will continue.

Your team should certainly be good enough – but then that was true of the last game.

Don’t worry Rasp, when we sign Gareth Bale for £80m Sanchez and Ozil will sign on again 🙂

17. fatgingergooner says:

If Sanchez was playing well and we were losing as we have been then I can understand him storming off and people thinking he wants to leave, but if anything, he’s been one of the reasons we have ‘bottling’ it. So I would like to think his frustration comes from him not hitting his own high standards rather than him being annoyed with the team and wanting to leave.

Good stuff BR

I have to confess (drops to a whisper): I lived in Hull for a couple of years and really liked it. Nice people and the place had a bit of an unusual character, being stuck out on the road to nowhere, as it were. The footy stadium was pretty old school when I lived there – and we never once played there during my time in Hull – but I suppose they’ve modernized it a bit since.

I’m with FGG. Win tonight so it pushes our next league game further away, giving more time for our form to return. Plus it means if Kozzer is not fit for the weekend we’re not missing him for a vital PL game.

Sanchez has no call to be sulking about his team mates. His atrocious form has been one of the reasons we’ve not been winning.

He’s generally accepted as a superstar who works really hard, so he doesn’t cop flak from the fans in the way that Walcott, Ramsey, Giroud etc do.

Aside from effort his game is based round explosive power in the attacking third and goal scoring. When the goal scoring is not happening the down sides of his game (bad passing, constantly losing possession) are a big negative factor.

There, I’ve said it: I think he’s a bit overrated.

(Runs for cover, amid barrage of stinging elastic bands pinging off backside).

I think that is possibly what it is FGG, at least I hope so. I do however wonder if both he and Ozil feel they are having to try and carry the team too much and that the club haven’t put the extra quality players around them to move on.

Sanchez may feel his game is suffering as a result of how the team has been set up and is playing and think, this is not how it was sold to me when I came here, and he may be starting to get fed up with it and feel his game is suffering as a result.

I am not saying that is the case but it could be, and it can happen that a top player struggles in a team where the set up is not right but in another team is just another top player and just another contributor and not the guy everyone looks at to get us out of jail, and they actually perform consistently better as a result.

As I have often said we are not dangerous from all points of our attack like the top teams are and him and ozil maybe recognise it and feel that we haven’t done enough to improve this, and they may be aware of other top clubs that may want them and would do this.

Just saying it as a possible hypothesis as we have seen that situation before.

21. Red Arnie says:

How do we know Sanchez is sulking at his team-mates and not at his own performance? Has he said something?

There you are Rocky I have answered you 🙂

If Dennis Bergkamp had been lined up behind Kevin Davies with David Bentley and Downing as his wide players we wouldn’t have seen anywhere near the genius we did when he lined up behind Henry with Freddie and Bobby as wide players.

I don’t think Sanchez ever envisioned he would be looking to feed off headed knock downs so often. Sorry to sound so derogatory.

Oh here we go
    Erik earlier “Micky. I will take that bet but I want…..”
    What the hell do you mean “but I want”. That’s not how it works. I offer the bet, you accept the terms, or you don’t. I don’t haggle. It’s a plastic bag or nowt 🙂

Rocky
    Do we know whether Sanchez has had a whinge? Someone else the other day mentioned something, but I’ve heard nothing.

While I agree he’s been a bit crap recently, maybe he stropped off because he hates losing. I don’t know.

Arnie
    Bingo 🙂

I started the Sanchez debate @ 11:49 and others have just responded to that ….

I wrote …. “I don’t know why Alexis stormed off, but if it was because of his own performance or the result, then I’m happy. If it was because of the performance of other players and the team then that doesn’t bode well for the future.”

I haven’t subsequently read anything coming from AS that explains why he was unhappy, my hope is that he just hates losing.

The booing at the end of the Swansea game must have been hard to swallow, but then again he’s played for Barca and their fans can be very vocal in their criticism.

I do agree with Rocky, if he’s not finding the back of the net, the rest of his game can be a bit iffy – holding on to the ball too long and trying to beat too many players.

26. fatgingergooner says:

Sanchez apparently made a comment about how the team had a massive belief before the 3-0 Man U home game which he hasn’t been seeing recently. I don’t think it was him being annoyed with his team mates, just a comment about general lack of confidence that media make into a big thing, as usual.

Ok, there you go, thanks FGG, Sanchez has explained 🙂

GB
    Hardly think The Purists will be effected, given we switch off if Ollie starts.
    The whole sorry thing then becomes someone else’s problem. Hehehe 🙂

I can see myself not being overloaded with fixture congestion.
    And being a bit lonely 🙂

29. fatgingergooner says:

I think the teams conversion rate effects how well we think certain players have played. It’s taken Özil to create over a hundred chances for him to get 18(?) assists, so there’s a good chance players like Sanchez are creating good opportunities for others that are getting missed. He hasn’t been at his best, that’s for sure, but I still seem to remember him creating some good opportunities in the games I’ve watched him in that have been fluffed. Maybe if those were hitting the net we might not be talking so much about his own poor finishing recently. In general though I do agree that sometimes he loses the ball too often, but as GiE mentioned yesterday when talking about Ramsey, you tend to forgive players doing it in the final third more than if they do it in their own half.

Micky (and RA)
    Sanchez was quoted the other day saying something about our players not having the mentality of title winners (not his exact words, but that was the gist). I bet that went down like a rat sandwich among the World Cup winners in the squad for one.

GoonerB
    It’s nothing to do with the service. For weeks now Sanchez, in game after game, has found himself in great scoring positions and usually miscues the ball or shoots miles wide or overcomplicates and gets tackled. If Dennis had had those same shooting opportunities I’m sure half of them would have been goals.

However, if Sanchez can get his shooting boots back on then he has the power to win close games for us. Hopefully the goal against the Spuds will help get him back on track.

When he is in goal scoring form he is irresistible and one of the first names on the team sheet, but it’s a while since we’ve seen him in that kind of form.

Here’s what he actually said: “With the players we have, I think we can win the Premier League. However, we are lacking a bit of hunger. Entering the field with the mentality of winning 1-0. We aren’t believing in ourselves, thinking we can be champions.”

He used the term “we” so I suppose you can say he’s including himself in the criticism, but it probably won’t have sat well with some of his team mates.

32. Ant says:

Thanks BR and you are wrong about the best place to see the game. The disgraceful duo will be there cheering on the boys, not moaning or booing and enjoying some of the cheapest beer in England. Oh and the stadium is excellent, car parking easy and locals not too aggressive..it’s just bloody cold!

33. fatgingergooner says:

Just to clarify, these comments were before the Spurs game, so he hasn’t explained why he left the field the way he did.

Thanks for digging that out Rocky

The “lacking a bit of hunger” is the biggie for me, and you can’t argue with that. However, referencing your comment about the world cup winners, I reckon they all know who puts in 100% and who doesn’t.

Hull is quite a nice place.
    The Humber estuary is spectacular and the KC stadium very tidy.
    It’s definitely going to be cold, so a beer overcoat might be in order.

GoonerB
    You’re the football expert. 😆

Eddie
    Your little pugster needs to go on a diet. Then he would be even more gorgeous.

Arsenal is my family

Only 2/3 days prior to the other comments which I don’t think are that scathing:

“If we go out on to the pitch with hunger to become champions, to win the Premier League or the Champions League we can achieve it, to win big things,” Sanchez told DirecTV Sports.

“There are great players. I train with them daily and they have got the mentality and the desire to win but we lack hunger, the mentality that we are winning 1-0 when we go out on to the pitch. Sometimes we lack this hunger to believe that we can be champions – to go out on to the pitch feeling that we are winning 1-0. The other team doesn’t always win because it is superior. It is rather little details.”

He is actually saying he believes we should go out on the pitch believing we are already 1-0 up, a comment that on here that some will find perplexing and against the wisdom that we often go out thinking the game is won before we start, Alexis is saying we should go out like that I believe.

My interpretation of his reaction to the final whistle against Spuds. “Where is that little shit Coquelin I need to go and ask him why we were down to 10 men, we would have won that game with 11 and I need to give him a piece of my mind”.

Given two TripAdvisor style recommendations Hull must have changed considerably since my last visit (1990’s).

Sanchez: If he publicly projects his frustrations with the team then I hope there are players in the squad who take him behind the bike sheds and give him damn good kicking.

How does criticising your team-mates improve team unity? My guess is Alexis’s opinion is Lost in Translation

Maybe Sanchez was desperate for a slash, hence the need to get off the pitch as fast as he could.

Coquelin’s punishment should be trip to Hull.

At least in those interviews Sanchez uses the word “we”, and as such is including himself in any criticism. I don’t see anything wrong with him criticising. We would be 10 points clear in the EPL by now if we had been playing to the ability of the players we have in the squad, and therefore would be above criticism.

It is one of those fine lines with criticism on one side and burying your head in the sand on the other. I don’t think Sanchez stepped over the line for me of being too critical, but if no senior player says anything then I feel we verge on burying our heads in the sand.

B*ll*cks – you never ever break ranks.

Not that I think Alexis did.

43. fatgingergooner says:

Isn’t Hull the City of Culture 2017?

I think parts of Hull have improved massively in the last couple of years, but large parts still don’t look like somewhere I would visit without a stab vest!

He’s not Adebayor or some other dickhead like that, is he.

45. fatgingergooner says:

No issue with what Alexis said. Someone needs to question the players and stop them becoming comfortable with top 4 finishes and the odd trophy. The manager seems to want the players to look after themselves when it comes to hunger and motivation, and I think that’s what Sanchez was doing. He didn’t overstep any marks imo.

The KC is a fine little stadium

Boothferry Park 🙂

chickhead 🙂
    puglet is fine the way he is.

Where are you? Going to the game?

48. tuffu says:

Wenger can’t even win the worst league ever …what a clown of a man…lol

Don’t you love Sniffer (tuffu today, teeth yesterday etc)

I could bin his comments but they make me laugh. What do you think – keep them on AA, bin them or limit him to one or two?

Leave them on, for the humour, if he gets out of hand, bin them.

The thing is, that there are an awful lot of Arsenal supporters who believe that.

51. Red Arnie says:

Keep em, Raddy, one or two is good fun! 🙂 If it gets repetitive, we know what to do? (S)he is probably an unwanted child. A bit of bestial love might be welcome!

52. chas mobile says:

How about getting Sniffer to ask a question?

53. Red Arnie says:

snap. 🙂

54. chas mobile says:

55. Red Arnie says:

Chas. good fun. enjoy! 🙂

56. fatgingergooner says:

I think we should encourage him to comment more! He helps my sense of perspective by providing the worst possible viewpoint. There are loads on here who provide the best possible viewpoint, so between them, I know roughly where sanity is!

Whose sniffer?

By the way Tuffu, top comment.

Good God, Ant lets Chas sit in the front!!

Sniffer is our very own in house troll GB 🙂

GB. Sniffer (who was it gave him that name?) has been absent for a few months. Not much missed.

I guess chas is navigating.

61. fatgingergooner says:

Well nobody can question the teams effort since the turn of the year. We are 4th on the list of average km covered as a team per 90 mins. Only Spurs, Bournemouth and Man Utd are above us, and considering that we are generally a team who control possession and don’t necessarily play a high pressing game, that’s quite impressive. So it does make you wonder what else is going wrong to make our play and form so average in 2016.

navigating? holding ant’s knee sticking out from the golden hot pants

Sorry guys, was being Sarcarstic 🙂 Thought my second bit with Tuffu may have given it away.

I guess Chas is navigating as well Raddy. That is why they are not there yet having set off this morning. Chas has navigated them to every bloody pub between Nottingham and Hull 🙂

Well, I got it GB 🙂

65. chas mobile says:

66. Red Arnie says:

Navigating Ant’s knee? oh dear! 🙂

67. Lieutenant Bunnyman mobile says:

Sorry, Sniffer, tedious photo of half empty beer glasses. At least they’re not on a chuffing train dragging the site down.

As a Purist, what the hell do I do if Giroud starts?
    Take up Eastenders?
    Mind you, imagine being a Purist and an Away Boy. Drive all the way to Hull only to have to drive all the way home. Bummer.

69. Red Arnie says:

Micky. Join me behind the sofa in that case! 🙂

70. chas mobile says:

If Giroud starts, you hope he adds to his 18 goals this season and gets us through to the quarters.

71. chas mobile says:

Attack for all…….sniff sniff

Don’t worry Micky. You have to find your purist centre through harmonious puritan meditation. Once you are centered you will realise that there is no problem with him starting certain games but mostly remaining an off the bench man. This is one of those games that is ok (unless we lose then it never was ok).

If however the bigger ones, like Man City away, see Ollie start over Danny then it is a purists duty to go into full meltdown mode, and chain ourselves to a fence somewhere refusing to move.

73. Red Arnie says:

not one of your lucky reds, Raddy? 🙂

No Arnie. Cup games are usually fizzy whites, tonight it is Cremant. du Bourogne Tradition.

75. Sid says:

The team as picked by big raddy in the post.

Holy crapola, Erik got 11/11.
    I’m actually very impressed. Depressed, yes, but impressed nonetheless. He’s practically won the bag of elastic bands 🙂

I want a ball of elastic bags … Bags are hideous.

Bruce has picked a strong team. Could be a fight.

Do you mean I’m expected to scrunch them up into a ball somehow?
    Not happening, just curious 🙂

It’s on BT Sports 😦

Erik
    Don’t you still have sourcetv ie liveonline anymore

81. Sid says:

Anyone know if we are in red or that horrible black/blue kit?

Wetsuits would be my preference Sid. Ghastly weather up there on the North Sea

We will find ourt soon Sid.

Micky Yes, I have but their site says they will not show BT Sports games. I am hoping it is a mistake. If not it will be a dodgy streams hunt

84. Sid says:

Lol Last time I saw Hull, Del was in his three wheeler.

Jeff and Willock on the bench.

86. Sid says:

Raddy, I don’t know if you can get this where you live.
    But if you know someone in the uk with bt sprts you might be able to use the bt sport app.
    I do and it is brilliant, tells you all the stats every player how far he as run etc (well it does on champions league games)

87. fatgingergooner says:

I use my colleagues BT Sport app. It’s the best thing about BT Sport. Their coverage in general is awful!

Tough game ahead I fear.

88. Sid says:

Should have Robbie Savage extermination button

89. fatgingergooner says:

I guess mute will have to do!

I always think you get a better impression of the game on mute anyway. Not influenced by commentary or crowd.

BFG has a metal head.

Oh well, despite my best efforts to ignore the purists’ ban, Erik is right, the BT Sports1 channel is buggered 🙂

Now to try an app 🙄

Can you get an app on a laptop?

I am listening to a chap who is anti-AFC and Chambers in particular.

The man is aa complete plum

Lots of possession, nothing threatening.

94. fatgingergooner says:

Chambers looks good. Theo doesn’t!

Terrific save by Ospina. I like him.

96. fatgingergooner says:

He’s very good at reaction saves. His reflexes are outstanding.

Really stupid yellow card there for Giroud, his lack of pace was the problem. No one pulling the strings for us in midfield. Campbell and Theo getting no service.

Thanks Erik
    I’m watching on Mrs Didits I pad
    Altho it keeps buffering

99. fatgingergooner says:

No more red cards today please!

Thanks Sid,

Get in. Our first shot on goal and OG is lethal.

19 and counting

102. fatgingergooner says:

Cheers Hull. Take that all day.

Rasp,

Theo doesn’t get service because he isn’t where he should be. He’s playing as a CF most of the time and every run he makes is a spin in behind the Hull defence. At least Campbell is comfortable getting the ball to feet and working with his full back. When Gibbs gets the ball Theo isn’t to be seen.

I get that his game is about speed, but he’s playing LW tonight and should concentrate on doing that.

I don’t want to turn it into Theo bashing as he gets enough grief, but just wanted to make an observation about why he might be struggling.

Great strike by Gibbs btw!

103. Walcott’s main problem as far as I can see is his lack of aggression. He’s far too nice, he should be making a real nuisance of himself and pissing off the defenders – he needs to watch a few Ian Wright videos

104. That last comment was from Rasp 🙂

Comfortable half for the Arsenal.

Hull not creating too much and most of the endeavour is in the middle third.

My concern is from set plays – without BFG we struggle against big men and I still have nightmares about what Hull did to us from set plays at Wembley in 2014

106. fatgingergooner says:

He’s 27 in a couple of weeks! Time for learning is over. If he can’t do the basics by now then he never will. So we either accept him as he is or get someone better, and if the £26m West Ham rumours are true, I say we can do better.

It’s a shame because I actually want him to do well for Arsenal.

I think Theo’s problems go far deeper than that 🙂

I’m only half watching as have it open in web browser whilst trying to do some work.

And I’m not listening to commentary, Micky you don’t need app to watch BTSport on laptop just head to their web page using most browsers and switch to full screen.

Theo is putting in a shift this evening. Not much is coming off, probably because he is trying too hard.

Rasp. That is not his game. Theo is far too nice a man.

109. fatgingergooner says:

One last thing on Theo before 2nd half. We often talk about being the sum of our parts and playing players in their correct positions. Our formation means Theo can only play LW, RW or lone CF. I think we can improve on him in all those positions.

110. Sid says:

Without the vision of Ozil, Theo is wasting his time making runs.

Raddy, I’ve just said he’s too nice, and in a footballer that is a fault!

112. Sid says:

We have just officially run out of centre halves. 😦

113. fatgingergooner says:

Oh dear!

Flamini RB, Chambers CB and Ramsey on?

Both CB’s out 😦

Rasp. Sadly, you are probably right though BFG seems a really gentle man

116. fatgingergooner says:

If Elneny was £20m I wouldn’t be complaining. Looked good again so far.

Raddy, too many of our players are too nice, I meant it when I wrote the post about is being more like the dirty Barca

Exile
    Brilliant, it works and no nasty diseases to download. Thanks.

Get in Ollllllieeeeeee you gorgeous frenchie 🙂

120. fatgingergooner says:

Get in! 2 for Giroud will do his confidence the world of good. Both right footers I think?

Ramsey injured! Ffs!

Do these players warm up or what!?

Damn, missed Theo goal. A screamer?

Theo has problems? Nay 🙂

123. fatgingergooner says:

Job done. Now to see what injury damage has been done!

Great finish by Theo. Don’t think his getting on the end of through balls has ever been an issue. 7 for the season.

124. fatgingergooner says:

Some great performances tonight. Got to say I was a little worried but the Spurs game has seen us find our rhythm again it seems. Confidence looked good and we were very professional, although it took them gifting us a goal to get going.

The Ramsey and Gabriel injuries could be several weeks. Ramsey came on with no warm up – surely it’s better to play with 10 men for 5 mins than to risk a soft tissue injury?

Could his luck have changed?

127. fatgingergooner says:

Pure stupidity Rasp. What’s worse is we’ve already done it this season at Sheff Weds!

Some of the things we do as a team are just amateurish.

MOTM and a p45 for Walcott 🙂

Much better second half, Theo showed what he can do when played into space and his confidence visibly grew

What idiots they are to put that banner up. The players went over to celebrate with them and then turned around and walked away

131. fatgingergooner says:

Thought Iwobi, Campbell and Elneny were very good. Didn’t notice Flamini which is a good sign. Chambers starting to look good again and will be important in our next few games by looks of it. Walcott was clinical as always. Bring on Watford. Win that and draw the winner of the Reading/Palace game in the semis please!

I’d love to have seen chas and ant go over and rip it out of their hands

Four goals. Fabulous. That’s what we pay to see.
    Well, Ant ‘n Duck at any rate 🙂
    Fun evening for the diabolical duo

4-0 flattered us but apart from one Ospina save the defence controlled Hull’s attacks with comfort.

Elneny had another impressive game and I guess he will play on the w/e if AR is injured (hard to see what his problem was).

Two very good finishes from OG.

Happy Days an d 5 days to get a CB fit for the very physical Watford attack,

135. fatgingergooner says:

What was the banner Rasp?

You didn’t see it? It was on the BT sport coverage and commented on by the commentators, it was the ‘thanks Arsene for the memories, now it’s time to say goodbye. Ian Wright was very unhappy

137. Absolutely disgraceful

138. fatgingergooner says:

If we’d lost, then I can sort of understand the stupidity, but we’ve just won 4-0! Idiots.

I don’t really understand this idea that Wenger should be the one to walk away. If he’s not doing what is asked of his employers then I’m sure they will sack him. Why should he have to walk away?

Anyway, just want to clear my stance on Theo before people start making crazy statements about how good he is and how he was motm!? 😂 I have ever questioned Theo’s ability to get on the end of through balls and slot it in the net. In fact I’ve defended him a few times. My issue is that we now have other wingers who work their tails off without the ball and are much more comfortable in build up play with the ball. I also think his positional play is selfish at times as he wants to be in the CF position too often. We can no longer carry wingers like Arshavin, who don’t do anything defensively, espescially with Özil at number 10. Maybe it’s a good idea to have a mixture of wingers with different skill sets, but with us needing a RW, I would happily get £25m for Theo and spend it on a better player who fits our system and style more than Theo does.

139. fatgingergooner says:

I thought JRA looked a bit tasty when he came on. Almost playing the Vieira role at times! Let’s not start them rumours though!

Too late FGG, I did that week’s ago 🙂 JRA will be a star

141. fatgingergooner says:

Arsene Wenger: Ramsey injury is a concern
    “I’m a bit in shock because we lost our two centre-backs and then Aaron Ramsey.

“Mertesacker is not serious, just a little concussion and I think Gabriel looks alright. Ramsey I’m a bit concerned… it is a muscle injury.

“I didn’t come out to the media I just think sometimes the press conferences are boring. To the fans I just say get behind the team!”

142. fatgingergooner says:

I had him down as a winger/AM though Rasp, but he’s a unit. Can’t wait for him to break through.

Injuries aside, that was just what we needed – and another cup game at the weekend gives us time for the sicknotes to get better and for our form to continue to improve.

I like Iwobi a lot, he has a good eye for a pass which needs to be encouraged, his execution not always there but his awareness is so thats a huge positive.

Ollie and Theo also getting back on score sheet good thing for their confidence, although noticeable Theo’s goals came when Hull were chasing the game and he had a bit more space to operate in.

Assume Hector was rested so we could start him on weekend, and BFG and Chambers centrally.

Missed both Theo goals, and Jeff time. Shame. So, so want to win the Cup

Request to CHAS
    Can we start the day with a Slider and the two Theo goals. Thanks 🙂
    Night all.

No sod it. Let’s go the whole hog.
    All four goals and a slider in a box. Yes.
    Really night all. Night.

148. goonermichael says:

Enjoyed that. stupid flag though. 5 am so bed for me.

I like the fact that they got the banner out when we had just won 4-0 it makes look like what they really are – absolute fu…ing wan….ers.

I have just read through the comments and realise that I must have missed so much of the game.

When did Ramsey get injured? What exactly happened to Gabriel?

Why did they stop the flag clip when they did which was just before someone was about to put something over it, perhaps the other flag could have reinforced the the sentiment of the flag but my guess it that it would have said that the people who put that banner up are a bunch of banned words.

Not heppy, as Magda would say, with the banner.

152. Red Arnie says:

🙂 🙂 🙂

153. Red Arnie says:

a bunch of front bottoms. 😦

154. Sid says:

The banner foot themselves shot in.. Idiots

Sid, you always make me smile 🙂

Waiting

Ah ha. Superb. Thank you 🙂

I’ve just been watching extended highlights on youtube (because AFC dot com haven’t bothered yet) and what a good game it was

Loved the long range shots from Gibbs and Elneny

ha ha ha ok, so everyone twitters Mr Marmite 🙂
    Deejay 🙄 knob

Blimey, when was the Pele at Highbury pic taken?

Trouble is, Pele looks the same whether 20 or 60

Good read in that link. Villa were crowned Champions that day, despite losing.

Oh God. Manu Half Strips 🙂

That long haired chap used to sit close to me in the CE. Always had a 50/50 kit. Strange fellow.

Lovely sliding cat.

Fab pic of Pele at Highbury. Like Micky, I cannot recall his visit.

167. goonermichael says:

Just been through a lot of the replies to Ian Wright on twitter. Some of our fans are really embarrassing. Not very bright either.

micky – are you happy now? No defenders left in the squad.

GM – what are they saying? The halfwits?

Erik
    CE? Been trying to work it out. Catholic Enclave? Chapter of Elves?

Hi GM
    You should get more sleep

Eddie
    Nope. Not remotely concerned.

Church of England, init Raddy ? 🙂

no micky, you wouldn’t be concerned. But it is going to some experience watching Barca vs defenceless us. I suppose we will have to attack, attack, attack

174. goonermichael says:

Eddie. they are calling Ian Wright a mug. The original bloke called him a prick. But most of them are turning it into a debate about Wenger. Ian wright didn’t give an opinion on Wenger though he just said the banner was “muggy”. It’s funny how some are saying he doesn’t pay the money they pay to see Arsenal. His reply was that he has a fused ankle that requires 6 injections in a week.

175. goonermichael says:

That man was wearing the half and half kit in Japan. I saw him in Cologne too. I really wanted to take the clippers to his hair though.

Wrighty has a fused ankle? shit, I didn’t know

thanks for explaining. cheap abuse below the belt. I am surprised they weren’t racist comments, perpahs the morons didn’t dare.

Personally I want Wenger out too, despite yesterday’s result. And I enjoy throwing some abuse where it is deserved, but never at my team or people that have done so much for us

eddie. Think Highbury.

GM. Clippers? I thought you were a scissors man. Clippers are for us baldies.

Bet kelsey doesn’t use clippers.

brrrrr….probably ridden with head lice……brrrrr

Clock End 🙂 I knew all along, just thought it was funny you in Church of England 🙂 🙂

Anyone fancy writing a post for today please?

181. Ant says:

Here’s my Steve Bruce impression

ant @8:27 – really?

184. goonermichael says:

BR true about clippers. I don’t use them but his hair needed a very quick fix

185. fatgingergooner says:

can someone make a bigger banner that says ‘thanks for the muggy banner, but I think it’s time to leave’.

Getting all the press this morning instead of a very good 4-0 win.

…. New post …..