Get The Cheque Book Out. Now.

We desperately need another striker and we need him by January’s end. He doesn’t have to be a Higuain or a Cavani (though either would be dreamy), we just need someone to allow Giroud some time in the sun.

The injury to Welbeck is very bad news as he was signed with this very position in mind. Will he ever recover to become a reliable squad player? Who knows but what I do know is that whilst he is at AFC he distracts Mr Wenger’s focus from buying a CF. Understandably, given the 16 mill and 100k a week..

raddy

Theo as CF? Really??? ย A few fleeting glimpses of his aptitude to playing through the middle is not enough to suggest he is capable of taking us to the title. I would rather see a goal-hanging finisher than the fleet-footed flyer. And the man is at a low point in his playing career at Arsenal, his last few games have been dreadful – my dead Grandma could have done as well.

Sanchez is a possible but his best work for both country and AFC is done cutting in from the wings. He is not a back to goal striker (IMO).

Campbell? There is no evidence he can be a CF. As far as I know he has always played on the flanks.

Iwobi/Sanogo? No.

What happens if Giroud gets injured? I will tell you. We are royally ****ed.

So stop being a spendthrift Mr Wenger. Go out and find us a boy who has the priceless ability to score a goal. There must be someone somewhere who wants to earn a few million a year, living in one of the most exciting cities in the world, playing in a creative team in a magnificent stadium. It can’t be that hard, can it?

written by Big Raddy

127 Responses to Get The Cheque Book Out. Now.

Fighting talk Raddy ๐Ÿ˜€

I believe that Elneny is the only oven ready signing we will make this window. If I had to choose between a HM and striker I would have opted for Elneny.

It’s likely that Alexis’ goal tally would be about up there with Giroud, if he was fully fit.

In their time at Arsenal, the stats are as follows
    Giroud, 118 games, 53 goals = 0.45 GPG
    Alexis, 47 games, 22 goals = 0.47 GPG

So if Alexis can slot back in and remain fit for the rest of the season he will provide those extra goals we need.

Added to that, our midfielders aren’t scoring as many as they should. There are signs that Ramsey is getting back to his best, but he, Theo and The Ox all need to find the net more often.

So if all comes good, we don’t need another striker unless we want a player who can deputise for Giroud and do what he does … I guess that player was meant to be Sanogo, but he’s nowhere near the level at the moment.

2. Dick Swiveller says:

Unlikely to happen though, Giroud is Bruce Willis to Diaby’s Sam Jackson.

Theo did well up front anyway, just struggles in a team that can’t create, he’s a rapier that needs to be threaded through rather than a claymore that can bludgeon through by itself. Chances of finding a striker better than Welbeck in January? Not high imo, but I hope we’re looking, as a little more firepower would be nice, as long as they could stay out of the treatment room.

3. njstone9 says:

We can’t buy a striker unless he’s a really good one, or a young one who is likely to become really good.

Why? Welbeck. There’s absolutely no point having two players of his quality in the squad. He’s not a star player.

I’d rather we go all out for a super quality player in the summer than buy a stop gap player now (unless we can get someone in on loan) who’ll fill up a valuable squad place later on.

Thanks Raddy. Touches upon an area I am aiming for in a post (among other points) but I can still put across those points to a degree.

I agree with nj above that any striker has to be a very good one to give us the extra dimension beyond Giroud, Welbeck, and Walcott.

Where I seem to differ in my thoughts with most others is that it seems to be a more common opinion that another striker ought to be added to give Giroud a rest or because we will be up the swanny if he gets injured, so cover is needed.

I see any new striker as a required upgrade to push the team onto the next level, not just as cover for Ollie. I see Ollie the same as I have for a while, a very good striker who is worthy of his place in the Arsenal squad, but not one who should be considered our first 11 striker.

I just feel he is the wrong type of striker for us by and large and it alters the way we play and stops us developing a more lethal attacking style.

If someone said we need a big slow one in the squad I would say that Giroud is probably the best out there, but not many top teams play with a big slow one as first choice.

Hi GB, I agree, if we are going to buy it has to be top quality or top young potential ……… Aubameyang for ยฃ45-50m in the summer?

“Get The Cheque Book Out. NOW”

Continuing from the mornings movie theme, if you say that in the voice of Arnold Schwartzenegger it sounds meaningful. Like “Get into ze charppa. NOW”

Well, Erik. My favourite topic. Thank you.

I believe Ollie is very, very good at what he does. However, I think our attack have played their best football with either Theo or Danny up top, and of the two, Danny has the highest ceiling by a very considerable margin.

If I thought Welbeck would return as striker, I’d be happy. Very happy.

Then we should get the cheque book out for a right sided player. NOW

7. Lollipop Sucker says:

Nice one… we definately need a new striker… Theo is doing nothing, Welbeck is the new Diaby and that just leaves Giroud and possibly Iwobi… not good enough, we need more class up front.

Great news about Monreal. I wonder how Gibbs feels about it ๐Ÿ˜‰

I agree that we are in need of a goal scoring right sided player and that if we are to sign someone it has to be an upgrade.

But hey, I wrote this in 15 minutes with no plan except to get something onsite. What do you expect ….. Neitzsche??

Cmon, we all know that Wenger would deliberately write the date as 2015 on any cheques written for a striker on 31st January, just so as it would be refused and there not be time to correct the mistake.

Cheers, BR.

We did look uninspired in front of goal on Sunday, but we are still 4th top scorers and have reaped a reasonable points tally since Alexis was injured. Hopefully he can come back firing.
    I can’t see Arsene splashing the cash on a striker. Who’s going to sell someone good enough for us in January?

The video in this link (sorry for putting Keys and Gray on your screens ๐Ÿ™‚ ) includes an interview with Arsene. The Wenger bit is from 2m 50s to 8m 26s, if you want to cut out the muppets. ๐Ÿ™‚

BR
    It is a brilliant post guaranteed to spark a debate.
    After all, we don’t have to believe everything we post, do we?

I have heard a rumour that RA is going to write a post on Nietzsche, nihilism and the form of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

12. Danish Gooner says:

Wenger is only interested in winning at a minimal expense,so no spending.

13. Picka Fig says:

Giroud, despite scoring well this season is still not the right striker for our style of play…. hence Wenger must reinforce the front line this month. As you say, if Giroud gets a injury then we are fecked.

Dick Swiveller
    I liked your comment and went to investigate the Giroud/Willis Diaby/Jackson comparison.
    I haven’t seen Unbreakable, so it was all new to me.

I also like the rapier as opposed to claymore desription.
    Theo Rapier and Olivier Claymore.
    Poor old FP having his footballing style described as ‘bludgeoning’. ๐Ÿ™‚

15. Picka Fig says:

Very good connection with a film Dick Swiveller…. Unbreakable is excellent… unfortunately, Diaby wasn’t.

16. Picka Fig says:

We all know Wenger is a tight bugger with the money, apart from Sanchez and Ozil, El Ninny could turn out to be a bargain and Giroud was a bargain at ยฃ12m… but sometimes, money has to be spent to move up a level… this season sees us in a position to move up to EPL winners. Surely now is the time, with our current injuries, to move that step higher and prove our credentials by buying a top class, expensive forward… even though it is January, at this moment in time it would seem to be vital.

A statement needs to be made, Wenger could do that by getting a worldy… someone who is going to frighten the shite out of opponents… someone up front to go alongside Sanchez and Ozil.

It makes sense to most fans so surely it makes sense to Arsene. That is unless he says at the end of January that no quality players were available!

PF – can you name any quality players that you know to be available in January?

18. Picka Fig says:

At the right price, yes! Someone who perhaps isn’t totally happy at their present club, yes! Someone who is desperate to move to the Premiership and to a club that is likely to win the PL this season, yes!

… and that player is? …….

20. Picka Fig says:

I’m not a fecking scout….. but they are out there somewhere! I’m sure… offer any club sufficient money for a player and they’ll be tempted to sell. It’s not as if Wenger hasn’t got the dosh to spend.

21. TotalArsenal says:

Nice one BR ๐Ÿ™‚

Rasp’s first comment is exactly my view. I reckon Goonerdom can be split into those who get it why Wenger opts for Giroud as our CF and those who don’t. He prefers an all-terrain Land Rover to a flashy Ferrari in the middle of the park. The flashy cars are played on the flanks.

22. akinzo says:

A bright post. I’m one of the school of thought that didn’t rate Ollie when he arrived. However, he is turning to one of the best strikers in the premiership. How many strikers aside Aguero are actually better than he is? He may not be as quick as many on us desire but you can’t rule out his quality. Then, how many quality strikers are available in January? I know most fans remain skeptical about Welbeck but I see great potential in him. He will turn out substantially amazing for Arsenal. He is nearly as fleet footed as Walcot and very strong as Giroud. He is in between the two and would be very useful. Welbeck is skilful and fast and will give us a bit of those other two. He is still relatively young and could improve his goalscoring ability which is one area that he has been found wanting since he joined us. Like Wenger I believe he is going to come good. How many of us fans felt Koscielny wasnt Arsenal quality in his early days and how many of us now see him as the best central defender in the EPL? We have passed the worst period of the season and if we can muster the kind of form we finished last season with, our dream will come true. And with so many quality players coming back from injuries who says we won’t finish top?

Great comment akinzo, I too will hold my hand up and admit I have underestimated Giroud. There are aspects to his game that I’d like to change but no one can deny he has been very good this season.

Hi TA, it is strange that a team that plays football in the modern fluid way has a striker who is more in the mould of 1980s style – but it works ๐Ÿ™‚

25. Aaron says:

Very good post!
    You are right sir…If Giroud goes down-do not even want to think about it.
    His goals per game ratio would be way higher if he would be considered world class if he had consistent help on the wings or mid.
    Theo, OX and Rambo have been hurt for months. Now Danny might be down with a career ender. Ozil was hurt too, his provider, and Campbell is just starting to acclimate. Now, Santi and Coq are out, unreal I say as they are good passers too.
    Need another striker and mid in my sorry estimation as Ros, Arteta and Flamster are out the door.
    Yikes…
    Onwards and stay at the top.

26. TotalArsenal says:

That’s right, Rasp, Giroud is in many ways an old fashioned, classical forward. ๐Ÿ™‚

akinzo – I do.

That Chas has stolen my thunder – there I was thinking along the lines of writing an essay about Nietzsche and applying his philosophy to the acquiring of players in January as opposed to the summer – or did I mean the other way around?

Anyway, all ruined now!

There appears to be a blogist conglomeration of nihilists on AA that is unsurpassed in blogdom history, aka the football insurgents and a solitary camel man known as ‘the guitarist and camel club’, who subtly promulgate their own destabilising edicts that all other fans player values are worthless – otherwise why do they continue to promote Theo over that lovely big willied, goal scoring French grenadier centre forward, that in its cunningly esoteric way means we are doomed to a pointless pursuit of the title, if their advice is taken, and that their only purpose is to destroy all hope for innocent, trusting Gooner fans.

it is true that I was intending to write something along those lines – but …….. now I can’t.

No, No! I said ‘can’t’ thank you very much!

Oh, go on, RA.
    I demand to be bamboozled.

I saw a wonderful holiday on offer yesterday; that went something like this:

— By Rail on the Trans-Siberian Express between Berlin and Moscow – Porterage from Moscow to Vladivostok – Private Barbeque on the shores of Lake Baikal – Learn to cook classic Russian cuisine in Irkutsk – Ulaan Baatar – Private escorted tour of the Kremlin – Vladivostok including a sightseeing tour – 24 hour on board service – Arriving on the Sea of Japan.

Phoned them up – ‘any late cancellations?’ ‘Yes, for November 2016’, was the reply – ‘perfect’, I said, and ‘how much?’ ‘ยฃ11K’ came the answer from the nihilist on the ‘phone – ‘bye’ said I. “-(

RA – you’ve been taking lessons from Wenger, haven’t you?
    He phones about a great player who is looking for a move, ticks all the boxes, all great. How much? ยฃxx millions? Wenger hangs up.

Beautiful pics chas.

RA. 11k to a man of your tincture? Chump change.

Phew, first time today that I have been able to get near my computer, just read the post and the comments interesting, not a day for cat vids though, far too serious.

Picka Fig proves a very interesting point. There are people who regardless of how much football they watch still think there are players that they have never heard of.

It is as if there is a parallel universe where there are lots of strikers available and the only reason that we are not signing one of them is because Wenger won’t spend da money.

It’s as if Ozil and Sanchez don’t really exist, don’t these people realise that Wenger jumps on every player he can possibly get if he thinks that he will improve the squad.

LB. If only that were true. For years we have struggled to find a quality DM to replace Gilberto – they were out there but AW wouldn’t accept the selling clubs valuation.

It took a huge slice of good fortune to “discover” Coquelin. Hopefully Elnenny can assist in that role

The next problem area is going to be right back unless AW believes Chambers is good enough cover.

Opinions, opinions…that is all we have to offer. Whose are right and whose are wrong?

On the striker / Ollie / Giroud subject, my opinion seems to be in the minority so therefore, on the balance of probabilities, is most likely wrong. He seems to have surprised many and is often now referred to as underestimated or much maligned. I have felt that the bigger problem will be in overestimating him. I have said that Giroud is both underestimated and overestimated in equal measure.

For me it is about appraising what he is, what he brings to the side and what his ceiling is in ability. As I said, if a team wants a big but slower traditional CF then I struggle to see any better. The question is are we going to progress much beyond this with this player, and are they the right player for the football we ultimately aspire to.

Too frequently we have looked like a mid table side in our play. Attacking players that you want hurting teams, like the Ox and Walcott, playing too deep and not getting regularly near to the opposition goal. Often we are pinned back by teams inferior on paper (normally the high pressing teams), and then launching aerial balls towards Giroud in the hope of a nod down to a player near to him. The problem is this often happens with players like Walcott and AOC still in our box from defending.

It is good that we can now grit it out, score from aerial threats, and go more direct, but I feel we have moved too much that way and this is taking us further away from getting to the level of Europe’s top teams IMO.

At the moment the EPL at the top end is weak so we may still win the title this year. None of the top EPL sides are in the top echelon of Europe anymore and I feel that we overly console ourselves and our failings with poor results from those teams. The problem is that they will not accept where they are and will go on to improve again and re-enter that top echelon.

My fear is that we are overly happy with where we are and will suddenly realise we are being left behind again, just when we had an opportunity to push on ourselves. Ferguson made a career from very good players helping him win a league then buying an upgrade on them and relegating them to second choice. That player can either accept this or move on.

Two comments earlier sum up how I feel. This from Micky :

And this from Picka Fig :

Giroud, despite scoring well this season is still not the right striker for our style of playโ€ฆ. hence Wenger must reinforce the front line this month. As you say, if Giroud gets a injury then we are fecked.

We haven’t looked good against a high pressing side for a few years and more often than not we have played with Giroud up top. The slower striker plays into the hands of those teams IMO and I may be the only one that, despite being individually good against Liverpool, feel he was the wrong choice of striker in that game purely based on athleticism (i.e pace).

The one good game we had against a high pressing side was Utd and we started with the pace striker. That striker didn’t even score but probably played his best game for us, and what was more obvious to me was that the team played quicker, better more incisive football on the ground, with less long balls and knock downs and reliance on goals from crosses, free-kicks and corners. We dissected their high press with quick balls into the feet of mobile players, taking the high pressing players out of the game and constantly turning their defence around outnumbered on a quick attack.

When I think back on our games in the last 6 months or so I totally agree with Micky that Arsenal have played their best football with the quicker more mobile striker. Unfortunately I think we will stand still with a slower bigger striker but that player is a useful tool within the squad.

GB

“Opinions, opinionsโ€ฆthat is all we have to offer. Whose are right and whose are wrong?”

I think I can answer that for you ๐Ÿ™‚

Evening shipmates

37. Evening Micky ha ha

GB, that comment should have been a post ๐Ÿ™‚

GoonerB

That is a comment of epic proportions and you probably won’t welcome a response from me as you think I always think I’m taking the michael, but here goes anyway.

I honestly think there is absolutely no chance that Giroud will be overestimated. Surely much of the current praise sent in his direction is due to his scoring form which has kept us near the top of the table.

It was definitely me who referred to him as much-maligned. If you saw the stuff on twitter where there’s a hashtag #ffsgiroud, then you might think much-maligned is a fair description of him. If an appraisal like that is put up, it doesn’t necessarily refer just to comments on here alone.

Our football in the last two months has looked a bit pedestrian at times, but isn’t that partly down to losing Alexis, Coquelin and Santi in the space of 2 games, rather than because Giroud has been picked to play CF in front of Walcott. Heavens, quite often the team has picked itself as we’ve had so few options.

The United high press was laughable. Santi took the piss out of Schweinsteiger who was often doing the high pressing in complete isolation. Admittedly the fast flowing football we produced on that day may not have been quite the same if Giroud had been playing.

If only Theo would put in some decent performances, we might see the football you dream of us playing. He lost his place with a poor performance against Watford away and the game changed when Giroud came on.

Hopefully I’m allowed to comment without you thinking I’m having a go. ๐Ÿ™‚

Wow GB. Great stuff.

Many think we are TotL thanks to the rest being pants. May I respectfully point out that we have 5 more points than at this stage last season but at the same stage in 2015 Chavs had 52 points (we have 44), MC had 47 and we had 39.

I prefer to think the lesser teams have improved.

Are we so far behind the other clubs in Europe? Certainly adrift of BM, Barca and Real, but the others?

What are you on about Chas old chap, I love your comments and welcome them. I feel there is a great tactician lurking within you that I am attempting to tease out ๐Ÿ™‚

If you ever offended me I know where to find you pre-match anyway, and retribution would be swift in the enforced adornment of an “I love Maggie Thatcher” t-shirt ๐Ÿ™‚

I agree with most of what you say and didn’t realise any “much maligned” comments were attributed to you. I was working from a general overview with comments I had seen from a few places without really remembering where specifically.

In truth I hate it when people don’t give Ollie any credit at all but I would appraise him like Micky as being very very good, especially in his type of role, but will not see us move onwards and upwards towards the Munich, Madrid, Barca levels. That is why I would politely disagree that a traditional old style CF is what we really need. I also have this feeling (on first 11 ability) about 2-3 other players.

It has just been a feeling that many, possibly including Wenger, see him as an ongoing first choice option. My feelings on this may be mis-guided and perhaps AW is keeping a keen eye open for improvements in these areas.

Walcott has been a bit non existent recently but he put in some good striker performances pre-injury, in games we generally played fluid attacking football in, and has since been shunted out wide again. He had a bad game against Watford….ok given….but a lot of our top players would be in trouble if one bad game in their best position constituted a permanent loss of having a chance in that role.

Truth be known I am not even sure Theo is the right first choice option, but that is another debate.

Raddy, I will still do my modified post and open it up for debate.

“politely disagree that a traditional old style CF is what we really need”
    Disagree with who? (or is it whom).
    Not me, that’s for sure.

p.s. wearing a T shirt like that would be your punishment not mine. ๐Ÿ™‚

44. TotalArsenal says:

That is a great, in-depth and passionate comment, GB, even if I don’t agree with a lot of it. ๐Ÿ™‚

The speed and thrust in the team need to come from the wings and through the middle of midfield in Arsene’s system, and Giroud is the anchor point/ the hub around of which all of this needs to happen. Alexis and Rambo offer this by the bucket loads- one has not played and the other is slowly getting better and better. Theo and Ox both have thrust but also severe limitations: the former is a limited footballer, especially if he is not launched into space constantly, and the latter struggles to connect his legs to his brains. The disappointing performances from both England internationals is for me the main reason our football has been less exciting (even though it has been very effective).

Luckily, Campbell has been improving rapidly even though he is not the fastest in our squad. The wingbacks have been great and have also added a lot of thrust and width to the team btw.

We have been sitting a lot deeper in recent months and this could be because we had to do without our midfield warrior-athlete Coquelin, or this is our style of play now. With sexy Alexis returning shortly, I reckon our football will start to look a lot more exciting again. And what this period has shown to us is that we still could do with a quality signing up-front…. but mostly playing from the wing… Sexy Alexis version two. ๐Ÿ˜‰

45. TotalArsenal says:

* has not played for a while

TA. Fine comment.

Been some interesting football chat today sparked no doubt by a hastily written, ill-conceived post.

Must try it with my PM’s. Limit myself to 15 minutes including research and see what happens.

Good comment TA. I feel AOC should have taken Sanchez role in his absence. His attributes all point to it for me. Not convinced about him in the box to box and it exposes the weaker aspects of his game while limiting his strengths.

Ahhh, I didn’t realise that the post was serious, I thought it was just a very good idea.

“For years we have struggled to find a quality DM to replace Gilberto โ€“ they were out there but AW wouldnโ€™t accept the selling clubs valuation.”

The only people who are certain that Arsenal Football Club would not accept a selling club’s valuation for any particular player are the owners of Le Grove. Normal, everyday supporters like myself cannot be certain.

There has been a sea change in football since Gilberto left. Abramovic first got into football increasing the value of every player, this was compounded by Mansour’s arrival at City, to say nothing of the biggest financial global crisis since the thirties. Only now are we out the other side and in extremely good shape with money to spend.

And it is being spent. Ozil and Sanchez are proof of that; and, it is because of those two purchases that I genuinely believe that Wenger will buy any player who is an upgrade on our current first team if, and this is a big if, he wants to come to THOF. This is key, of course, we may have money to spend but we cannot compete with City and their financial model. I can’t believe I still have to write that fact.

Wenger and the club are being criticised for making, what looks likes will be, a solitary signing in this transfer window. People like me don’t believe that Wenger is happy with this, he knows like everyone else who follows football that there are no other players out there who are better than we already have and are available and if there were I don’t think the club would hesitate for one moment in signing them.

LB

You are a Wise Man. Do you eat Myrrh? ๐Ÿ™‚

I read the great comments of GB, Chas, Erik and Total and got all transfery, attacky, tingly, then I read yours, and became calm and wise.

I am not here at all, but great comment chaps

commentsssss

51. TotalArsenal says:

Absolutely Raddy – Just Let it Flow! ๐Ÿ™‚

52. TotalArsenal says:

GB, I reckon the Ox is lovely guy and he represents something that most of us love in football more than anything else: going past players with the ball with speed and trickery. We have all become addicted to the dream of the Ox becoming really, really big: putting the ball in the net after a fine run with four defenders stuck to his horns. ๐Ÿ™‚

Even if he plays on the wing, he still will need to connect his legs to his brains, and I reckon he has not made enough progress at Arsenal after almost 100 PL games under his belt. For me, he needs to go out on loan, say to Aston Villa or Watford and play every single game till the end of the season: grow some balls and connect his physical talents to his decision making. I reckon it would be cruel now to keep him much longer at THOF.

LB. Of course the post wasn’t serious. I wouldn’t know serious if it bit me on the ankle.

Thinking of which – on my last day of school my headmaster told me I was lacking in moral fibre, had no concentration, thought life was just for fun and that I wouldn’t amount to anything. He was right

What a shame the fellow is dead and I can’t congratulate him on his wisdom and perspicacity ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

TA, I do worry about the Ox. I don’t know whether a loan is the best option but his best position is as of yet seemingly unidentified IMO and for me we have rarely seen him in his best position. It worries me that even with spaces opening up from injuries that he still seems to be shunted into a role that doesn’t allow him to express and play to his strengths.

The players that are performing most consistently are the ones that are being provided with a lot of playing time in their best positions. Most of the ones that get more criticism are the ones that seem to get shunted around plugging gaps. Interestingly as I mentioned the other day this seems to be the British lads.

Are the Brit contingent poorer players than the overseas ones?Could there be any weird preferential treatment going on? Not so much in an anti British way, but a born and bred British lad is less likely to kick up a fuss and demand a move back overseas if they are not happy with their role. Is upsetting the British lads the lesser of 2 evils as the consequences will be less or is that too much of a conspiracy theory. There is a pattern there though.

Well put point LB. As I say I really just have some misgivings which are totally unsupported by any concrete evidence. I trust and hope you are right and that AW does have that ruthless streak in him to improve the squad when opportunity arises, even if it is at the expense of a current first team regular.

55. TotalArsenal says:

GB, interesting questions. ๐Ÿ™‚

I reckon players need to be pretty good as well as multi-skilled at Arsenal to succeed now. Ramsey adjusted and can be effective in various positions (and is British), Bellerin and Nacho fit the bill perfectly, so do Santi, Ozil and Alexis, and Giroud.

Wenger let Gervinho, Arshavin and Podolski go in recent years. We can only guess why, and mine is that they also did not develop into multi skilled players that would be good in various positions on the pitch. Many also argued they were not played in their preferred positions…and yet they were all non-British.

On another blog I read that Ox should become our CF, ignoring totally the fact that he seldom or never scores for us. I do agree that Theo’s best position is probably as our CF but I really don’t think that is the best thing for Arsenal, even though we played some great games with him in that role. Let’s see wether Wenger will use Theo more regularly in the CF role now that Alexis is back. It is a choice between two different systems and I know what you and Micky would prefer! ๐Ÿ˜œ

Spooky pic given I’m going deer stalking tonight. Murdering bastard and whatnot.

What the heck is deer stalking?

Oh god, have I spelt something wrong AGAIN!

It is mincing about at dusk on the edge of forests with a rifle, then yummy yummy, venison steaks

Is it legal?

Is it safe?

Legal? Yes. Safe? Not for the bloody deer it isn’t.

ha ha ha you’re such a townie ๐Ÿ™‚

Winston was a Gunner?

The only things I can kill deliberately are mosquitos, really really irritating wasps and really really irritating flies.
    I’m always surprised when people brag about sucking spiders up in vacuum cleaners.
    Definitely a townie.
    Best move on.

Yep, well Winston had the same sort of black dog that most Arsenal fans carry around with them, anyway.

Films?

I really hate killing flies and wasps
    Actually I dislike the act of killing full stop
    I do not, like some, refer to these things as sport. Definitely not.

Is that Frank Malloney in the red dress, or Q1 of today’s movie stills?

Right, ok, Quizz time
    0 from 3 for me so far

Does look a bit like Frank Maloney. ๐Ÿ™‚

It’s Q2 of fim quiz, dog is Q1.

ha ha superb conversation

Well, in that case, I’m doing even worse. 0 from 4

Can we have one from The Dam Busters just so that I can gain some respectability

73. No 2 Pulp Fiction
    No 3 Memento

NB, you’re banned, and rightly so you lunatic, and no-one is copying avatars. This is you, and the deposit was Crystals. Fact ๐Ÿ™‚

Wrong numbers, NB

1 out of 5 ๐Ÿ™‚

77. Yea Chas…. just realised the dog was a film as well…. Silence of the Northbank69

If only. ๐Ÿ™‚

79. No fecking chance ๐Ÿ™‚

Great footage at 7:17

Clearly, the old prototype round bomb designed for attacking ships, and that isn’t a Lancaster
    Been trying to google, but can’t find

Ah ha, yip, that was on Chesel Beach, and you saw the round bombs, then the barrel shape

Ok, time to boogie

Ha, you’ve got me looking at Lancaster footage now.
    I know I’ve mentioned it before but on one of our Lads and Dads camping weekends at Tattershall, Lincs there was a Lancaster plus two spifires fly past over the campsite and it was absolutely amazing.
    Never forget it.

Love the 6.53 pic. The pics on the wall from Woolworths, the clothes, ….. wonderful. No idea of the film nor any of the others.

Mementos. That was good so was Pulp Fiction.

Is the first one Gone with the wind?

Here’s another, BR, from the same film.

You might get it from this one. ๐Ÿ™‚

Chas @ 6:43

Made me spill my coffee!!! ๐Ÿ˜€

Clockwork Orange?

Awesome sets.

Is it Clockwork Orange?

As Didit has taken up the viola. I am considering trying the banjolele. Is this foolish?

Correctomundo, boys.

you could kill a deer?? OMG. And then eat it. OMG, I feel sick

Most arsenal fans own cats.
    Breakfast, then guessing films.

Chas @ 7:29

Spot on. ๐Ÿ˜€

I carefully read blogs, newspapers and Mickey the poor deers killer, and I have some transfer scuttle butt to share with you! ๐Ÿ™‚

Granit Man was interviewed about moving this month, and with my analytical hat on, I heard a coded piece of news specifically for Arsenal fans.

“I am happy at Munchen, but if a top, top, top club became available I would have to carefully consider a move” said Granit.

Now, put your thinking hats on fellows, and ask yourselves who is prone to say, ” if a top, top, top player became available …… ”

Those two are in tandem, and clearly old Granite is on his way – or they should get a room and stop publicly flirting!

I went to see the Uke Orch in Cph last year. They were very good but I am talking banjolele

RA – Granit is going to Chelsea. Hernandez to Arsenal.

I thought banjolele was made up. ๐Ÿ™‚

98. Just a quick reply to Micky @7:11

Micky, we all live in an asylum mate. I talk to myself, I repeat things I’ve already said, and I’m delusional about Arsenal winning the League. But the biggest lunatic is someone who brings innocent children into this mad world…. and then there are people who shoot innocent animals for fun… so count yourself truely in the asylum. ๐Ÿ™‚

99. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Two cracking posts in last couple of days, sorry not been around to comment, Shards match report was exactly as I saw it, I have been listening to radio in last few days and you’d be forgiven for thinking Stoke out footballer us and that they didn’t resort to any strong arm tactics? I must be watching a different game at times.

As for striker, I think it’s clear I love Ollie, he takes a lot of crap, in games and from the specialist pundits, and he carries on getting stuck in, scoring goals and standing up to strong arm defending.

There’s a reason he starts every game up there….Wenger a couple of seasons back criticised Ramsey for forgetting about the simple things and wanting to score goals all the time. He was right, Ramsey was set on breaking into the box so much that he forgot about the build up and his teammates, Theo and Ox are probably both falling in to this category right now. Ollie? Well he does what is required, brings others in, whilst also trying to get on the end of things too, rarely complains about not being passed to as he understands he has a role to play by making a passing option available, it’s up to the passer to choose the best option.

100. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

PS has he increased his speed? Can’t help thinking that chance at Liverpool would have whizzed passed a flailing leg two seasons ago, this year he got there too early ๐Ÿ™‚

GiE – last sentence of the first comment – if you were Mezut (smaller version of you) would you pass to Ollie or to Sanchez?

Mesut has far more assists for Ollie than he does for Alexis.

New post going up at 9.

chas – seriously? oh well, I am surprised at that. I trust Mezut implicitly ๐Ÿ™‚ he has an eye for a goal

It’s all of those hoofs into the box looking for the big man that GoonerB was talking about. ๐Ÿ™‚

makes sense, Sanchez is not a giant. Ollie with his hair towers over others

New Post