ARSENAL DREAMS

Dreams are funny old things aren’t they.  I mean, what the hell is going on there when you are supposed to be shut down for a few hours?

Strange and unpredictable, and yet as we head off into that most mysterious of zones, we all know that both ecstasy and horror lurk in our paths.  Both sit patiently in the shadows, and we know not which will assault us first.

Well, that is until we are awoken by a sharp clout around the earhole by our loved one, who herself has been awoken by the screams of “Kylie, Kylie, come back Kylie”. Thump, aaaaargh!!!!

Thing is, there’s a common denominator between heading off into the unknown of dreamland, and heading off into the second half of the league season, fantasy and what lurks ahead.

Ok, we have Southampton to play before we are actually at the half way point, however, Christmas always feels like the fulcrum point to me. As we sit, seeing if we can peel off the satsuma skin in one piece, we will all seek a quiet corner away from family feuds and contemplate the state of things Arsenal.

Top of the list will be can we win the league?

We will weigh the pros and cons, so what are they.

PROS

We are second, and this is very good.

We are no longer just beating the minnows.

We have victories over the big boys and our main rivals, including Utd, City and Leicester.

We are not awaiting the dark patch, when the wheels come off through injuries. That has already happened, and we have successfully navigated our way through.

The form of understudies like Campbell and Flamini.

CONS

Fixture congestion. We have CL and FAC commitments, and this will cause stress points.

The reliance on a fit Mesut

Will Kylie ever return?

Over to you then, and what obstacles do you see during the sprint to The Title?

MickyDidIt89

30 Responses to ARSENAL DREAMS

Nice one, thank you Micky, even though Leicester are currently above us, I still feel the title is ours to lose. This is simply that after Lecicester, we are the best team in the league and our squad is deeper than theirs.

I don’t want to wish injuries on them – but they are likely to happen, we are already showing that our squad has the necessary depth – theirs doesn’t. Although they’ve done very well in the first half of the season, most of their victories against top teams were at home – the away fixtures will be harder.

I agree that the greatest blow we could suffer would be to lose Mesut to injury. AW should wrap him in cotton wool and bring him off early if we are comfortably ahead in any games. I wouldn’t play him in the FAC until the latter stages if we get there.

Hi Rasp
    It wasn’t long ago I would have placed Alexis and Coq as our “must have” players and we have coped
    I picked Mesut as I felt I had to find our Achilles heel

Yea Micky, who’d have thought it. Although I dislike the use of the ‘luck’ when analysing performance, I am a believer in fate.

Even though I hate the chavs, I had a gut feeling they were going to win the CL that year well before they reached the finals …. I am beginning to get that feeling about the title for us this season.

The circumstances that have led to us to the current construct of the team would normally be seen as a disaster, but as you have said, Flamini and Campbell have been a revelation and somehow the team is much more potent with Ramsey driving everything through the middle.

…. I forgot to mention Ollie. Like many I would have liked us to sign a TS in the summer, but I can’t think of any striker around who would fit in better than him in the current set up, he’s been fantastic.

I’m a big fan of ‘if it aint broke etc’ …. I’d keep the team exactly as is and only bring in the returnees slowly. Coquelin is the only one I’d put straight back in the side when fit.

5. bobo says:

Wtf is Kylie??

Minogue … 🙂

Dreams:

We sign Ibrahimovic on loan in January
    We make a permanent signing of Paul Pogba
    Go on an unbeaten run so the away game at City sees us enter the pitch as Champions
    We smash Spurs at the Lane by at least 4

Nightmares:

None

Right Mr Didit, pro’s & cons.

pro’s

We will win the title because it is only right and proper.

cons.

The possibility of Turkeygate before the Boxing Day fixture which lasts until Jan 3rd

The Northern Oilers will bribe referees

We still have to go to OT, Etihad, WHL, Anfield.

9. VCC says:

Nice post MickyDidit.

Dreams are indeed a funny thing. I dream of Arsenal winning the Premier League and European cup every season.

Maybe, just maybe, Stretch is right this time, the Ghosts of the 30’s are stirring.

As Del Boy might say “Arsene, this time next year we will be the current Premier League and European Cup holders”

How nice would that feel, rolling off the tongue, just as we are about to tuck into our Crimbo feast 🙂

Looking forward to Southampton on Boxing day. Lets keep the winning spirit going.

BTW….Kylie doesn’t have to return……she’s never left me 😉

10. stevepalmer1 says:

Afternoon all, They have you grafting Micky, nice one as usual.

I often look at the half way point as i do the start of the season, nothings won, and all to lose. But that’s the same for all the clubs.

Is this the season that we could lose the league, of course its not, we haven’t won it for years, and nor has Leicester. They of course are sitting at the top, but lose all the rest of their games and they too will be frowned on.

We are at the time of the season that the hard work starts, consistency is what is needed as all that’s gone before. has not won us anything yet.

The Premier league in all honesty, has been turned upside down. The so called big teams have been terrible, spent millions and have gone backwards. Managers are falling by the the wayside, When Wenger stands up in support of rival managers you know the game is in freefall. Wenger, concentrate on Arsenal and keep your nose out of it.

Yes we have had a number of injuries,and its not over yet, there could be more, but the players have had a reasonable half season, i am sure that the bad form of many clubs has contributed to our position, although we were rubbish at the start of the season, we have been blessed with other teams being worse.

We usually have a reasonable second half run in, but with the transfer window opening, i am sure that many clubs will buy and try to kick start their season. I wonder if we will buy, Wenger was in a worse position at the start of the season and he only brought a keeper. Were second in the league, with a points gap between us and the usual big guns, Leicester could lose their main striker to one of our rivals hopefully slowing their progress, but I don’t see too many changes for us.

Consistency will win you things, but we also need other clubs form to not improve to much. Many of our injured have had a good rest, but they are nearing fitness, others may get injured so things will be a balancing act,

Coquelin, may be out for a couple of months more Sanchez has had a set back and Danny Boy could miss the whole season, If i was the manager i would be thinking of a holding Mid, I have changed my mind on a striker as i feel we are managing in that department.

Arsenal are starting to get more physical they are closing down and they are working harder, the team spirit seems good at present, and with players of the likes of ours, makes me feel that we are in there with a chance, but still a long way to go and a lot of games.

One game at a time, Wenger’s tactics seemed to have worked for the first half of the season but we still have another long Half so don’t expect the moon. Its a Marathon not a sprint.

The reliance on a fit Mesut, yes, plus a fit BFG, Kozzer, Monreal, Bellerin, Cech.

And also a fit Ollie and Alexis.

Now that’s not to say I think we are lacking the depth to survive these players being out, but just the same as over rotation affects our consistency so does losing two or more from each department of the pitch simultaneously.

Lose Monreal, it’s fine Gibbs can step in, Lose Koz for a few games Paulista will be ok.

Lose both….problems, not because the understudies are that poor, but because we lose the consistency.

Also I watched the Invincibles PL roundup on Sky the other day, kind of forgot how nasty we could be.

There was a short spell in the City game where tackles were flying about and we were being asked to go toe to toe, one tackle by Monreal in that period near half way and one by BFG on Toure spoke volumes to me. Along with seeing City players moaning to the ref about tackles and the way the likes of Campbell, Ollie and especially Mesut appear to be unruffled by it. A bit of toughness will go a long way to giving us a lot of joy in May.

Cheers, Micky.
    I’ve just spent a very pleasant half hour looking at Kylie videos, Spinning Around being my favourite.

For those not of a nervous disposition, here’s Ant in his Kylie shorts 🙂

I spotted your deliberate error about Soton away being the halfway point of the season but I’ll leave it for the pedants to come on and put you straight. 🙂

I can’t even begin to imagine the myriad possibilities that lie in wait for us for the rest of the season. How fantastic is it that our current injury ‘crisis’ has simply led to opportunities for others to step in and prove their worth? If this continues, we’ll be ok.

I was going to write a cheekily headlined post along the lines of “Compensate Chavs for the special one and the title is ours”.

The special one being Dr Eva, they didn’t seem to suffer injuries with her in the dugout and the treatment table, wonder whether psychologically the players don’t like admitting their hurt to a lady….something built in to male Dna perhaps?

Great News …..

I have a won a podium position in Scandinavia’s Worst Xmas Gift Packer (SWXGP)

Only a bronze but nonetheless a proud moment for the Raddy family.

I’ve met Kylie, don’t get the fantasy thing.

Love the Arsenal win the league thing though.

Thanks for the read Micky.

By the way who won that surf competition you stayed up all night to watch, did the favourite win?

A Merry Xmas everyone

.I would be happy with us doing the treble,buying 2 or 3 players in January, (still think we might pull the Raibot out of the hat) No more long term injuries and I will continue my wishful thinking.

I have been told that several of our fixtures have been rearranged, can someone confirm that please.

Chas, is that picture for real “a dedicated folloer of fashion” 😉

17. Looking at that photo of Ant…. I’m glad I don’t live in England, and especially not Nottingham ha ha

Merry Crimbo everyone… we can do it… it’s been offered on a plate like a nice stuffed turkey.

18. Have a very merry merry Crimo AA’ers

19. Anyone with a Twitter account can you retweet

20. Can everyone with a Twitter account please retweet the tweet from Harry his son has gone missing. Thsnjs

I hope Luke turns up ok after sleeping it off somewhere.

22. Le Coq Monster says:

I worried I`m going to be awoken by the missus after I`ve been screaming …..” Ant !…. Ant !…..Come back Ant ! “……lets be honest, I`ve been with worse !

Peaches
    Is Luke on twitter and facebook?
    I’d imagine it’s his mates contemporaries who’ll know where he is.

24. The police have been informed. He was out clubbing and last seen at 3am – not returned home 😦 Harry is beside himself

25. Yeah it needs more young people to tweet the info but Harry called me and asked for my help.

harry!! he’ll be back as if nothing happened, trust me

My thoughts and prayers are with Harry this evening.

28. Harry has tweeted that his son has been found 😃

Fantastic news.

What a relief, have a great Christmas Harry and family …. and no better time to put out our yuletide message 😀

…. New post …….