Arsenal Peck Swans

Arsenal went to Swansea determined to keep their Premier League hopes alive, and yet filled with a certain tremulation at meeting a club who had outclassed and outplayed them twice last season.

As it turned out, one man who could not wait to get on to the pitch to show what he is made of was Joel ‘Gimme a chance ‘ Campbell, as he chomped at the bit to make his career at Arsenal lift off, rather than warm his ass on the bench.

Let us take a moment to consider the nature of the Arsenal, who are like a skilled electrician who on being called out to repair a complex machine with a fault can expertly disassemble the machine in a jiffy, and only to realise that, in a forgetful moment, he did not bring theย  replacement part. Frustrating? Much!

Arsenal are undeniably capable of creating magic – and can ooze with class one moment, and in the next second carelessly give away the ball and allow the opposition the gift of an undeserved chance.

Not yesterday! Giro scored the 2,000th goal of Wenger’s reign, by hiding behind Mert and then launching himself by using the captains’ elasticised shirt to deftly flick the ball into the net.

The second goal was an oddity, in that Flappy should have caught a high looping ball, but somehow managed to lose it and allowed Kozzer to shield it and cleverly toe-poke it into the net, leaving Swansea howling with rage. Boo-Hoo.

And then our man Joel’s big moment came – a strong drive across the goal area by ร–zil reached him and controlling it smoothly he despatched the ball with aplomb into the net for the third, final and decisive goal.

Referring back to our mythical electrician above, Arsenal played well within themselves, and perhaps mindful of the results of their recent games against the Swans, who had pecked up the three points previously, sometimes played silly passes, but twisted the beaks of the home team when it mattered, and had not forgotten what they had come to do.

In truth, Gomis should have blasted the Swans ahead when receiving a clever ball from Shelvey he dithered and let Hector complete a lung bursting sprint back into defence and smack the ball from his toe into touch for a corner. Determination, skill, pace from the Arsenal lad, and quite the opposite from the Swan’s centre forward — all the difference in the world, and spoke to Arsenal’s qualities and made the result inevitable.

An important result achieved – a great game – three points – thank you very much!

Ratings:

Girroo – 8.

Red Arse

174 Responses to Arsenal Peck Swans

Rasper,

Thank you for the pics, they made the report look better than it deserved! ๐Ÿ˜€

Excellent, RA.
    I think you’re 100% correct that we were paralysed by tremulation in the first half. ๐Ÿ™‚

The only thing I’d disagree with is that we were outplayed and outclassed by them twice last season.
    I thought yesterday’s game could have gone against us as well, just as you hint at with the description of the Gomis chance. ๐Ÿ™‚

Fine margins. ๐Ÿ™‚

Pleasure Redders, thanks for a ‘sparky’ report ๐Ÿ˜†

There is a special pleasure to be enjoyed from getting a better result than the performance merits – it happens too often to our opposition.

It was a lovely 3 points and not the first time we have seen our boys use their heads and wait for the opposition to tire = Plan WTTGK

Arsene now has a problem for Bayern … to play Campbell or shore up the defence …. and also Gabriel or Per.

Rasp
    I’m not sure you should be saying that about footie results often not reflecting the teams’ relative performances.
    People might start to think that you’re starting to believe ‘other’ factors come into play. ๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜† chas, yes, other factors like refereeing decisions = no penalty for Merts’ handball ……

Spawny second goal disallowed 19 times out of 20, the ball fortuitously cannoning in off Giroud’s head, etc etc ๐Ÿ™‚

Chas,

I was ‘expecting’ to beat the Swans, last year – and we did not – so as I can be a miserable bar-steward when we lose – it must have been because we were outplayed and outclassed.

You know objective reporting is not something that comes easily to a galoot like me! ๐Ÿ˜€

Haha, RA.
    I just remember being gutted about how much of a travesty the home defeat was, that’s all. In that game Fabianski seemed to be hiding a ball magnet under his GK jersey!

Me too, Chas. Gutted that is – the home game was a dreadfully unfair result, altho others will not agree with me — and somehow, in a different way the away game was difficult to take too.

I was being ironic in my phrasing as I had heard it being used – elsewhere – and that upset me almost as much as the actual results.

I knew you didn’t mean it, but just tempting some fool to take the bait, so I did. ๐Ÿ™‚

You are nobody’s fool, Chas.

If I could rewind the clock and do things differently, I would love to travel from game to game and just enjoy the whole experience, like you, Ant and JC do, I would love to. ๐Ÿ˜€

13. Shard says:

Thank you RA. Immediately knew it was you because you use big words (bigger than malleable ๐Ÿ˜› )

I don’t agree with those saying we didn’t deserve to win. I thought we quite clearly did. Lucky, I suppose Per’s handball could’ve been a penalty. Those aren’t often called. Also while there was no foul on Fabianski, those are often called as such, so I suppose that is two instances where we got lucky. (Sorry Rasp ๐Ÿ˜› )

But overall I thought we played well enough to deserve the win.

By the way, I don’t like possession stats. I don’t know when it happened, but somewhere along the way possession stats became just the percentage of passes. A team can have more possession by just keeping the ball in their half. Final 3rd passes are more accurate of a team’s domination, though that too depends on the state of the game.

Watched MOTD, and Leicester played some great attacking stuff (though their defending is poor). Jamie Vardy is a player I really wouldn’t mind at Arsenal. Though his form dictates he’ll cost too much money now, and there are other teams more likely to pay that. ManU were probably fortunate to not concede 3 or 4 goals.

He doesn’t annoy me much any more, but I’m still enjoying the Mourinho meltdown. I keep thinking it can’t last forever, but he’s never been a long term manager and it seems like he has no idea how to bring the best out of his players, without replacing them with newer, even more expensive players. I wonder if Chelsea have already tried to convince Ancelotti to come back. I hope not. I like him and he’s a good manager. Hopefully they get Brendan Rodgers ๐Ÿ™‚

Tim Stillman tweet…………………..
    Enjoying the notable height difference between the men’s and ladies’ teams….until it comes to Santi & Vicky Losada

RA – good match report, short and sweet, and very cheerful! But I’m going to spoil your party – it was a great result, but very unfair on Swansea. They were the better team in the first half, we had a couple of lucky decisions, and fluke goals. I’m not complaining just saying โ˜บ

Chas ‘ the tall guys cannot smile

Last word on the ‘luck’ debate … because everyone must be getting fed up to the back teeth with it by now ๐Ÿ™‚

The point that my article was seeking to make the other day was simply this …. we all believe in luck because it is an emotional human response, but it has no mathematical basis – the mathematical equivalent is random variation which does not include any mystical hocus pocus.

What we should not do is trot out the “We were unlucky” excuse when things don’t go our way. That is burying your head in the sand.

I’m sure Arsene doesn’t do this so why do supporters think it is a logical explanation. The most likely explanation is that someone somewhere got something wrong. If you can find out what ‘it’ was, you can (if you choose) put measures in place to make it less likely that particular mistake is not repeated …. simples ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Shard says:

What happened to Steve Rowley? The metro say we are scouting Diego Perotti and Jorginho in the Serie A today with ‘chief scout Tony Banfield’ set to attend the game.

Now I know it’s the Metro and so maybe that’s it, but is Steve Rowley not our chief scout any more?

I googled Steve Rowley and it turned up a great article on the official site

Rasp
    No, I want the last word. ๐Ÿ™‚

Dream on ๐Ÿ˜€

I was looking at the BBC match report earlier to confirm my thoughts about the Swansea home game last season and this struck a chord……. ๐Ÿ™‚

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: “We were a bit unlucky with the goal. There are a lot of positives. This kind of game you play 20 times and win 19 times.
    “In patches our domination was top quality. You have to learn from defeat and we take encouragement from a defeat like that.
    “Swansea deserve credit for their defensive display but they probably had the fewest passes in our half of any team here this season.”

So does Arsene think we were lucky to win the game….. NO

Fay nights and I have my fingers crossed behind my back ๐Ÿ™‚

Last word for me, though.

Maybe we ought to add a spawniness quotient to future match reports. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve got all day.

‘Rasp’ isn’t short for raspberries.

Rasp
    Did you like the pictures in my jokey match report?

I new the pug pic would flush eddie out ๐Ÿ™‚

You win. Rasp.
    I knew I shouldn’t mess with the master of the last word.

That’s it, that’s the original Rasp ๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜„

Everyone is going to think, ‘Ooo, 38 comments should be some interesting stuff in those’. ๐Ÿ™‚

How sad are we chas ๐Ÿ˜•

33. Shard says:

Did someone say last word?

You can be quiet as well, Shard. ๐Ÿ˜†

I’m not sure I want to be TMOTLW.

Surprised no one tried to decipher my Plan WTTGK acronym from earlier?

Wait ‘Til The Goalkeeper Krumbles ?

Many apologies chas, somehow I missed the fact that you’d sent in a match report …. does anyone mind if I publish it as a second post for the day?

Actually, I’ve just had a look – very droll ๐Ÿ˜†

I had no idea you’d used the pug pic before me.

Rasp

Maybe re-post RA’s with mine and GIE’s tagged on underneath. No-one will notice.

Close but no paper hat ….

Let’s face it, there’s no-one here apart from You, Shard, Eddie and me. They’ve all been driven off!

41. Shard says:

Zelalem being subbed on in the Rangers-hibernian game.Over 30mins to go.Game at 1-1

This to get you all in the mood for next weekend ….

Love that 5-2 vid, especially the chap at the end. ๐Ÿ™‚

Now this is the way to treat supporters …..

Where’s 26May?
    I need to ask him if Bill & Ted’s Excellent Adventure is anywhere near as good as Ferris Bueller’s Day Off.

Well done RA

On a general point the one thing no one seems to have mentioned to that Swansea played well in the first half and on balance probably deserved to go in ahead at half time.

But they didn’t.

Arsenal re-calibrated during the break and obviously found a winning way on the second half.

Our corners have at last improved.

It’s about time, for probably the last ten years we have been dog awful in this department, but finally some attention is being paid to them. It became noticeable against Everton and carried on yesterday.

More of the same please.

The comment that struck the biggest cord with me yesterday was GIE’s one about playing bad and winning is the sign of a champion.
    This makes a great deal of sense, Arsenal had the air of champions about them and why not? There are surely only two contenders and City have shown that they can be as complacent as anyone, so
    as far as I am concerned the league is ours for the taking.

Which is nearly as bad a film as Napoleon Dynamite

OGAAT, LB. ๐Ÿ™‚

Which is Bill and Ted or Ferris Bueller?
    I’m sue Ferris Bueller was one of 26May’s favourite ever movies.
    I bet LB has the comment hidden away somewhere. ๐Ÿ™‚

What was the mood like in the Twelve Pins, LB?

Thanks for rescuing the debate LB.

I totally agree. Belief is a word that has been abused in recent years, but like you, I believe we can do it this season, more importantly I think the players believe it. We can’t hide the fact because the TV pundits and some media are voicing the same opinion. We can’t rely on the underdog mentality (see Maureen), we have to be confident and focused.

Footie chat, I’m off. ๐Ÿ™‚

Everton 2 : 2 Blunderland

Rasp/Chas/Dave, ๐Ÿ˜‰

I was going to suggest that Chas and Dave (aka GIE) should post their contributions as either new Posts, or if that is a pain, just as comments.

I would like to see them! ๐Ÿ˜€

Thank you Eddie, Shard and LB for your comments. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good game, Everton 3 : 2 Slumberland

Hi RA

Toffees 4 – Sleepy heads 2

How about 5-2?

I said it was good– Ev 5 : 2 Snd

Hi GN5,

Extraordinary collapse by Fat sam’s lot. ๐Ÿ™‚

Yesterday was a classic game of two halves RA, we were very lethargic in the first and after Giroud’s goal we came to life. Amazing how the goal changed the game.

I was really encouraged in the way that Joel slotted into the team, he’s spent years in the football wilderness and deserves this opportunity – let’s hope he continues to show the type of display we saw yesterday.

I think that the cup of tea that Sam came out with after the break has gone stone cold.

Yes, GN5, I think you are right about the way the game developed yesterday, and I too hope Joel can become a valued member of the squad.

Have to go for a while, again.

Here are some stats, after the first 11 PL games, that I find interesting.

1997/8, W6, D5, L0, GF27, GA10, Pts23
    2001/2, W5, D4, L2, GF24, GA13, Pts19
    2003/4, W8, D3, L0, GF23, GA9, Pts27
    2015/16, W8, D1, L2, GF21, GA8, Pts26

So looking at our current stats we are in the same vicinity as our three championship winning seasons.

NG
    This is for you.
    Delafallover up to his tricks again. ๐Ÿ™‚

GN5
    Looks like a championship-type season with eleven 38ths of the season gone. ๐Ÿ™‚

p.s. we’re on 25 points (sorry for pedantry)

Oops! wishful thinking I guess Chas…………

This did , too. ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

2007/8

POS…..CLUB…….P….W…D…L…GF…GA…GD…PTS
    1……….Arsenal….10….8….2….0….22….7…..15…..26

Jordan Nobbs has just scored a pearler in the (League?) Cup final, on BT Sport 2 now.

Our highest PL points after 11 games.

2003/4 = 27 – 1st
    2004/5 = 26 – 2nd
    2007/8 = 27 – 3rd
    2008/9 = 25 – 4th
    2013/14 = 25 – 4th
    2015/16 = 25 – ?

Excellent, GN5.
    38 games, over 10 months or so, is such a massive period of time football-wise.

Nobbs just scored again, albeit partly because of a dodgy ladies ‘keeper. 2-0

LB didn’t read Eddie at 1:06.

Large quantities of booze were consumed this afternoon by you lot

Eddie
    I only had a beer at 3pm which is my Sunday watershed. ๐Ÿ™‚

So why are you acting below your official age?

Good question. I suppose I just woke up full of beans. It happens to me occasionally.
    Apologies if I’ve offended anyone in any way.

I like the idea of my ‘official age’, as if I’m a Nigerian footballer.

Offended Nigerian footballers ๐Ÿ˜†

Maybe I was a bit harsh on the County keeper.

So, Eddie, do you think we’ll win the League?

RA
    not really worth it, but to satisfy your curiousity………

Not only the Queen eats Swans!

Here are a few AAersโ€™ comments………………….

Half-time expertise on AA

Eddie says:

Swans look bigger, stronger and faster than us
    Terrific game, but not exactly as planned

BR says:
    Pleased to go in equal, We have been hanging on
    Our ball players have to find space to play โ€“ hopefully Swanseaโ€™s midfield will tire and we can find some magic.
    We look tired.

No, we won’t. We will probably have 80+ points, but city will have even more. Sanchez has lost his confidence, Theo is too fragile to last the season and Ollie got a knock on his knee yesterday.

Mind you, all other top teams are inconsistent this season (except for chavs being consistently poor ), so maybe …..

DidIt says:

Rugger here now Raddy
    Yeah, All Blacks for me too
    Itโ€™ll be more exciting than a repeat of the first 45
    Iโ€™ll keep the stream on laptop with the odd look

Post match thoughts
    Steve says:
    My prediction of a drab draw was looking likely at half time, Arsenal was giving the ball away and we were being run ragged in defence but for a couple of outstanding clearances we could have been down. Giroud and Campbell both missed good chances, but to be honest a draw at the end of the half looked on.
    Second half we still never looked composed but sh*t happens and it did for Swansea a good cross met Giroudโ€™s head and it cannoned into the goal. Arsenalโ€™s play, I donโ€™t think was very attractive; we gave the ball away a lot Sanchez was having a quiet game. Joel Campbell worked hard; he stood out for me although he gave the ball away a few times.
    The second goal came from a ball flighted into the box Kosi and Giroud both jumped with Swanseaโ€™s Fabianski and Flappy dropped it into the path of Kosi who just stroked it in 2.0
    For the third, Ozil rifled one across field it went passed all in the box only to fall at Campbellโ€™s feet, he had a little touch and then hit a sweet left footer away from the keeper to find the back of the net.
    Swansea, it has to be said, looked more attractive than us with no end result we did look good on the breakaway and would have made more chances had we never passed it to them.
    My prediction down the pan and how happy was I?
    Well done you rested Gunners

Conclusion
    Personally speaking, my stream went down at about 35 minutes and I decided to just follow with the BBC football app goal alerts on my phone. I absolutely loved it. Stress-free and each goal flash from our game was a belter. I bet if Iโ€™d watched it weโ€™d have lost!

Cobbled together by chas

Eddie
    Trust you to stump up a comment right in the middle. ๐Ÿ™‚

After I saw Giroud’s knee knock at half time, I didn’t expect him to be out for the 2nd half.

in the middle of what?

88. Aaron says:

yeah Sanchez lost confidence…that’s some funny $h*te…..

well said Aaron, very eloquently presented argument

90. Aaron says:

okay mate here are a few clear facts:

take a look at the games from Sep 26 though Oct 17
    and that he has played a million minutes and flew across continents more than I ever desire..
    hope this helps..

yep, very helpful. I am off to read it

I just watched him lately and thought he is not the player he was last season. Some say he is tired, but I don’t think so, he still runs like a loon. So I came to a conclusion (could be very wrong) that he confidence suffered after several misses.

Last one, I promise.

hm, I am still not convinced. 7 goals in 15 games for Arsenal and they come in waves – nothing for many games, goals galore and nothing since.

ooops, I have just checked Ollie’s, far worse

94. Shard says:

Eddie

I think Sanchez is bound to be a little tired. It might not be enough to stop him from running and giving his all, but just enough to stop him from being as efficient in his decision making. He gave the ball away twice in dangerous areas vs Bayern too.

It could also be that defences are now focusing more on him, which might mean his individual stats might suffer, but he still helps the team.

I don’t have a strong view on this because I’ve not looked deeper, but I noted that he looked off colour yesterday.

Hopefully, he gets his groove back. I’m not worried about his abilities. More about burnout and injury. But at least until we get some players back from injury we need him to play.

Eddie

You are right I did not see your 1.06, my apologies.

Chas

The Pins was quite sedate, I put that down to the idea that we are expected to beat Championship fodder like Swansea and we did. Singing about it is a bit like whooping it up when the big kid beats the crap out of the small kid in the playground. Although the thing that did send bolt of excitement around the pub was Norwich’s equaliser, sadly that didn’t last as long as we all hoped.

In recent seasons that has been the kind of game we would have dropped points in, but this time, points we have, all of them.

LB ๐Ÿ™‚ I read comments selectively ๐Ÿ™‚

shard – I am sure you are right. It is just that I have seen it happening before to players – one brilliant season and that’s it, never to be repeated. I was reading about Michu before yesterday’s game. Remember his 3 seasons ago? everyone was raving what a find he was, I wished he played for us. But 1 season it was and nothing since. I don’t think he was even on the bench yesterday.

aaron – I am not saying that this will happen to Alexi, but as a great admirer of his I am concerned, that’s all

Michu at Napoli.
    Put your phone down, Charlie.

Is he at Napoli? That’d be why he wasn’t on the bench yesterday

Fear not for Sanchez, Eddie
    Yes he knackered, but he’ll be back to his best when Theo returns
    He plays better and scores more with his best men around him
    Nothing serious
    There’s a trap in that comment he he

Blimey, apols RA. Read your report hours ago on mobile. Thank you

Have to admit, when Gomis missed that breakaway chance, I was in stitches
    It’s a new thing for me, and its happened a few times this season. Laughing at the misfortunes/shittiness of opp strikers is very amusing and deeply satisfying
    I strongly urge those attending games to laugh hysterically every time this happens as I’m sure it’d help erode their confidence
    Harsh, but much fun

101. ‘evening all, I haven’t seen the game, not even the highlights or goals. The only match report I’ve read is Redder’s which I’m sure is an accurate summary as well as being both erudite and amusing. For a mere Colonial he has such a way with words. ๐Ÿ˜€

How nice it is that Joel Campbell proved so many of us wrong (me included).j

Three points, another clean sheet, no new injuries, I hope, and the gap opening below us.

The bonus, watching another episode of The Great Mourinho Meltdown. Priceless!

Micky – you need to see a specialist, soon ๐Ÿ˜†

Eddie
    It’s really therapeutic
    The Arsenal have a terrible reputation as quiet fans, but even worse than that, sporting
    Let’s do something about it, starting right here right now
    The most unsporting fans in the Kingdom who laugh hysterically at others’ misfortunes seems a great way to start

Makes me think of that wonderful footage of Fat Sam Chas sticks up

Ok, next time I go ill be laughing historically. If I get flipping arrested will you bail me out?

yes dear ๐Ÿ™‚

I smell
    Must go

108. Shard says:

Eddie

Generally the players who have only one good season do not play at the level that Alexis has been playing for a good few years. Coupled with his pedigree is the fact that he simply never stops trying. I don’t think he’s at any risk of being a one season wonder.

He’ll be back to being awesome soon enough.

109. Shard says:

Micky

Arsenal fans have a reputation for being sporting? Much as I like that, that has no place in the stadium. Laugh away, howl for penalties, boo as if they fouled or dived, put the referee under pressure. All these things are part of the fabled home advantage, and if we’re to win the title we’ll need to make it count.

What is the origin of the same old Arsenal, always cheating chant? It genuinely mystifies me when we’re among the most honest teams around.

Shard – same old ‘insert team’ always cheating, nothing personal

111. Shard says:

How’s this for ‘spin’?

Arsenal.com headline: Bellerin- Post pain was worth it.

Watch the interview and Bellerin says “he was offside so wasn’t even worth it” โ“

Shard

Look at the youtube clip Arsenal v Boulton in which Pires infamously dived. Prior to that we were thought of as the honest, good footballing team — after — not so much.

113. Shard says:

It’s a general chant then? I get the impression it’s most comonly aimed at arsenal, but I suppose that’s easily explained why I would think so

114. Shard says:

Lb

I think you mean Portsmouth ๐Ÿ™‚

Nope, I mean Bolton, I was sitting about 20 metres away.

That’s better
    Been collecting and juicing apples all day with my Daughter
    Oooof, we drank a lot
    Hey taste this lot mixed with that lot, and so the day went on ๐Ÿ™‚

Right, who’s going to be the better footballer, Joel or Ox?

LB
    Do you have a high rating as a talent spotter?
    I was epic until I decided Brave was useless and would never make it at Arsenal

118. Shard says:

Hmmm… an infamous Pires dive against Bolton?

I’m drawing a blank..

This calls for….. youtube

119. Shard says:

Is this the one LB? Away from home, FA cup?

If so that wasn’t in the penalty box and was even called a dive. Not sure it should be infamous. But maybe this wasn’t the one you were talking about.

Shard

I remember an incident at Highbury in which Pires dived. I thought it was Bolton but that doesn’t seem right now.

Perhaps it was Portsmouth as you were saying?

Chas will know.

122. Shard says:

Doesn’t really show the dive but I think this was the one.

Pires was labeled a diver after a dive against Portsmouth. That much I remember. Not sure if there was another incident which caused as much outrage.

FantAstic answer LB
    The question followed by your answer should be a post in itself
    Really interesting thoughts
    I’m in real trouble to answer now as I’m back on mobile
    Much to pomder

Haha, LB, yep Pires’ dive was Pompey. It was in the Invincibles season as well and is often cited ( along with van Horsetelrooy hitting the bar) as an occasion where the unbeaten record was a little lucky, since we were 1-0 down at the time.
    I think, anyway.

I thought the ‘same old Arsenal’ chant was from the 1930s and the playing everyone offside. ๐Ÿ™‚

125. Terry Transplant says:

Excellent Redders
    I thought we played great for the whole 90 minutes. The way we lulled swans into a false sense of security first half by giving the ball away and playing like we were in shock after our hero Denis Bergkamp had just threatened to do us was superb
    After the first goal we forgot all about pissed up Denis threats and played with supreme confidence
    I felt like that once Redders. Going into my packed local chemist armed with a loudspeaker I stormed up to the counter “packet of extra small condoms my dear girl”, and as all fellow patrons dropped there cough mixture to stare, I belted out Les Miserables “I dreamed a dream my life would be, not like this crap one that ime living. I dreamed a dream that Liam Brady was my buddy, but now Steve Archibald has killed the dream I dream”
    Delighted for Arsene and mildly pleased for Joel Cambpell
    The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

Really
    A lot to ponder
    The English sell on value
    Mmmm

127. Shard says:

Lb

If your comment is going to be a post then maybe I should hold my tongue, but I disagree that politics/transfer value guides Wenger’s pecking order, who has always backed a meritocracy, even if that is tempered with loyalty towards his players.

Shard

I wasn’t intending it to be a post, it is just my view.

129. Shard says:

LB

I know. I just meant it’ll be better to leave something to discuss later if it is to be a post ๐Ÿ™‚

Sorry to stick my oar in – but it would make a very interesting post if LB would care to expand in his points a little ๐Ÿ™‚

131. Congratulations to the Arsenal Ladies for winning the Continental Cup Final. Beating Notts County 3 – 0.

132. VCC says:

Stretch….whats the next verse?

OK you got me, short post in drafts. I have fleshed it out as much as I can.

Top man ๐Ÿ™‚

I would if I thought I would get away with it

Remi Garde to Villa

Probably not a good place to go for a potential next Arsenal manager

If he can turn that around he can win us the CL

Depending on your definition of turn around, given Villa are bottom and the only way is up, sounds like we’re nailed on CL Winners ๐Ÿ™‚

oooooh, Robby was so gorgeous in those days ๐Ÿ™‚ ;heart melts to see him.

Remi Garde to be the next AFC manager? Where did that come from? I thought it was Pep – his contract at BM expires the same time as Wenger’s.

Mind you, after Wednesday Bayern may sack Guardiola ๐Ÿ™‚

140. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

I write a report without seeing the game and it’s usurped by an RA special, ๐Ÿ™‚ your match reports are always a very good read RA and that was no exception.

How many times a day is everyone else refreshing BBC Sport to see the magic words Jose sacked?

Exile
    When you look at a team, and see their manager doing an excellent job, why would you want him sacked? ๐Ÿ™‚

ha ha ha Gie ๐Ÿ™‚ I have a google search ‘Jose Mourinho sacked’ which I keep on refreshing ๐Ÿ™‚

Mind you, micky is right – the longer it goes on the better it gets. Xmas could be good time to top him

Eddie
    Don’t you think Pep comes across as a bit wet?

Eddie
    A little longer and the relegation zone at least

yeah, two more places down and he can go.

Wet Pep? Nay, he has very handsome face

Chas,

I told you not to put my photo on AA — it was just for you, Ant and Rasp!! ๐Ÿ˜€

RA
    The pocket billiards one?

That was a very kind and totally undeserved compliment, Exile, thank you.

Actually 2 minutes earlier and your ‘blind’ report and Chas’ ‘jokey’ one would have been used. I wrote it ,with a cup of coffee, just to please the Rasper – and it took less than 5 minutes. ๐Ÿ˜€

Hopefully those two unusual reports will grace the blog today – I am looking forward to seeing them.

Nope, Chas,

That was just to show Terry how to do it by leaving everything in the pocket, and not be too obvious . ๐Ÿ™‚

8:39 – spot a shifty one

mind you, they both look shifty

Hi Micky,

That comment at 7:34 was very graphic on a number of levels – yet so apt. ๐Ÿ™‚

–“Villa are bottom, and the only way is up”

RA
    For what it was worth (very little), mine went up as a series of comments at 4.43pm yesterday.
    (I split it up so that WordPress wouldn’t reject it on the grounds of there being too many photo links)

Today we have LB’s theory post surely?

Thanx, Chas, I’ll go back and have a look.

Yes, LB’s comment/post should be interesting.

You were correct about the Pires ‘dive’ – we were losing and he charged into their penalty area at the Clock End, and sadly collapsed in a heap when someone naughtily laughed at his Alice Band. ๐Ÿ™‚

Apologies everyone, I totally lost track of who had sent in posts yesterday ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

We will have LB’s offering this morning.

…. New post ……..