The Month of The Ox

I was born in the Year of the Monkey or was it the Squirrel or the Lemon? Anyway, I was born. Ramsey’s injury gives The Ox a month to cement his place in the side. It is the Month of the Ox.

Much of Mr Wenger’s Friday press call was devoted to questions about Ramsey and whether AW was guilty of over-playing him, Easy in hindsight. In my opinion a better focus would be upon Oxlade-Chamberlain. Here is a young man who is an established England International and yet has no place in his club’s first team.

I am a huge fan of young Alex. He has it all – strength, speed, fine ball-control, a powerful shot, an eye for a pass and he can tackle. The negatives of his game are the desire to keep the ball in defence rather than find Row Z, a lack of appreciation of where his position should be when Bellerin is attacking and a tendency to hold onto the ball too long. All of which can be rectified by a run of games, and now he has his opportunity to develop and shine.

The big question is  – Will he? Ramsey provides energy that few can compete with, which is one of the reasons we are so strong late in the game. We need the same from Ox.

Enough of that ….

Unknown-1

Everton: I have always liked them – proper club with history and tradition. In most games I want them to win but I hope they get a hiding this afternoon. They lost against a rampant MU who were smarting from having their arses tanned at The Emirates, logically we should beat Everton, unfortunately there is little logical in football.

Any team with the quality of Lukaku, Barkley, Kone, Mirallas, Coleman, Jagielka and the excellent John Stones will cause problems. My hope is that Everton continue to play the expansive game which Martinez favours rather than the Pulis kick and run stuff. I was at The Em’s when Everton dominated the game in a 1-1 draw in 2013 with both sides committed to attack. Barkley was excellent that day and if Everton can repeat that performance we will struggle.

What is there not to like about Everton? Well, let’s start with that little shitehawk Naismith. This bloke is plain nasty – he reminds me of a second rate Billy Bremner, happily he is unlikely to play today. I don’t like their kit – blue home kits are the sign of the devil.

As to us.: Will AW rotate given this is our 3rd game in 6 days? I would and expect Debuchy to get a run, though Bellerin is becoming a vital cog in the team and his partnership with Chamberlain needs to develop.

Everton are too good to take to many chances with, as such there will not be too much tinkering. Possibly Gabriel for Koscielny. Other than that I can’t see much change being possible.

The huge input necessary to beat possibly the world’s best team on Tuesday could have it’s repercussions today, let’s hope not.

We are playing terrific football, beating very good sides using a multiplicity of tactics – it is a time to enjoy being an Arsenal fan, a time to wear the scarf with pride  (though of course, not the full-kit) .

A win tonight takes us to A Number One, Top of the List, King of the  Hill. Let its be so.

COYRRG

305 Responses to The Month of The Ox

Great read Big, thanks

Rotation will be the big issue of the season, and I agree with your suggestions. Flamini for Coquelin is an option, but I think we’ll need to wait for Danny and Jack for any further.

Two per game must be about the max

2. Ant says:

For Gooner B

3. Ant says:

Cheers, BR.
    I was born in the Year of the Wombat.

Everton will be smarting from their 3-0 defeat to the mancs. I reckon plans A, B and C will all come into effect today at some point.

5. Ant says:

What time is ko Micky?

4pm SA v All Blacks

Kick off is right in the middle of his violin lesson.

8. Didit says:

Chas
    Of course there are such things as plans a b and c
    Nothing whatsoever as best eleven in their proper positions and simply try

Thanks for the picture Ant. Your legendary status remains intact 🙂 I don’t even care if it is an old picture, don’t tell me, just let me believe you are already trailblazing a pathway to sweet oblivion.

Great post Raddy. I agree with you that not too much tinkering can take place as Everton are a really good side. In addition to the ones you mentioned they have that Delofeu chap (not sure of the spelling) who is pretty useful.

I actually think they are a very similar team to us in the types of players they have and how they set them up. I think we are still the superior version but it only takes them to be on their game and us to be slightly off ours for those margins to swing the other way.

I had been meaning to do a post on the Ox and how is probably the most adaptable player in the team. Aside from goalie, holding midfield, and defence, I think he could play any other position, perhaps even striker. It is good to have quality adaptable players but I wonder if he is reaching that age where this slight jack of all master of none could hamper him.

I will still do a little post maybe next week but in a broader context with other considerations. I agree with you in his strengths and weaknesses Raddy One I would add, which is an expansion on holding the ball too long, is that I feel he needs to learn how to control a game more. How to up and down the tempo of the game at different times.

It seems to me that he tends to just want to “Forrest Gump it” and run run run at full pace at all times wherever he or his team-mates are on the pitch. Don’t get me wrong, a player running at the opposition at full pace is one of the finest sights in football and a real bums of seats type of player, but I just think he needs to be more subtle and slow things down a bit at times and then use the correct moment to explode into pace and power mode.

10. ‘morning all, I like your prematch Big & Randy,

There’s no reason to rest anyone today, the next game is Sheffield Wednesday on Tuesday in the Capitol One Cup when we can put out the under-nineteens if necessary.

The Ox for Ramsey is the logical choice and as you say BR, a chance for a very good player to get the run of games that could make his season.

Top Dog! El Numero Uno! Anymore anyone.

11. Didit says:

Forest Gump it 😀

Hey GB, Theo or Ollie? 😄

Pack up prepared including Nottingham version of the Geordie Ham and pease pudding stottie with mushy peas, gammon steak, white pepper and English mustard (except for Ant).

Great PM as usual Raddy. I can’t add too much to the post and comments.

Not too many changes ✓
    The Ox for Ramsey ✓
    Play with a high tempo and don’t panic when they press us hard ✓
    Don’t faff about with the ball in defence when they are pressing ✓
    Take our chances and restrict theirs ✓

Simples 🙂

Tricky one Micky. Theo has been starting but Ollie will need some starts at times, but again is the right game to change it? Ollie has been working very well as an impact sub later in games when teams are tired and don’t adapt quick enough to the new threat he offers.

As a general rule of thumb I think our attack is more fluent and plays better with a pacey striker, so even when Theo is not scoring himself I think we look a better team. Having said that Ollies lack of pace could be compensated for by Sanchez and Ox, but as Everton are a good side their full-backs (like Coleman) may require our wide attacking 2 to provide a bit more defensive cover at times. This could leave Ollie as a slower striker isolated where Theo’s pace could overcome this.

Currently I think it works starting with Theo, so that we don’t lose the control of the game early on and then have to try and use subs to reclaim that control. I think it is harder to do this than it is to remain in control if you have had that from the start. As such I think I would keep it the same for this game, and pick other games to look at our front rotation options.

offgpoergerpo;fg

20. PV4 says:

Agree – Ox for Rambo. Ox is talented, no doubt, but I always feel that mentally he is shackled. He needs to relax, show no respect to the opposition and just kick arse.

We need to be careful that such an effort against Bayern doesn’t catch us cold. We must start with a high tempo and go for the jugular – as for resting players – I don’t agree with that. If they are training at maximum then they are ready to play.

The biggest loss of Rambo we will have to suffer is against Bayern away, everything else we should be able to cope with as well if not better.

Don’t forget that the only reason that Ramsey was playing on the wing is because he is too good to be on the bench, other players are far better suited to that position than he is.

The problem is the second leg against the Germans. If you noticed the player most suited to the style of play that was adopted in the first leg was Ramsey, the reason is because that is exactly how he would play for Wales: very little of the ball, try and make the most out of nothing and run like a demon to recover the ball when lost.

Yes, others played well in the first leg but no one was more comfortable than the Welshman and that energy and determination will be sorely missed in the second leg.

Thanks as always for the pre-match read BR

Play Flamini next to Coq against Bayern?

23. PV4 says:

Why would you shame yourself on National TV wearing THAT! I pity his family.

I thought of that but couldn’t work out where to play Cazorla.

Against Bayern we go for the throat because they will be expecting the same gameplay as the first tie.

26. Ant says:

There’s today’s line up!

27. Ant says:

The Oxford Gold is playing wide right with EPA wide left and a solid Becks and Bulmers midfield

Hobgoblin gold playing through the middle.

29. Ant says:

We ‘ave a French train announcer who sounds like Clouseau..

Hobgoblin to add some steel to the back line 🙂

31. Ant says:

32. Ant says:

Are you really at a violin lesson or just the useful plimsoll style school Big Did it?

33. Ant says:

No ordinary steely Hobgoblin but the gold version

34. Ant says:

Oh no the Becks and Gold have already been depleted

I fancy the Ox to play instead of Rambo, but Arsene will probably go with a Sanchez, French Ponce, Walnutt front three.

36. Ant says:

Scooby Doo, a pony and Bob Monkhouse have just got on the train

Bob’s just broken wind and Scooby is sniffing like a mad man.

Don’t look Ethel!

Right, who wants to talk tactics?

41. Ant says:

42. Ant says:

The pony says Walcott or Giroud?

44. I’ll talk tactics with you Chas, 1) Don’t open the bottle until you’re ready to drink it. 2) keep a firm hold on it during breaking and on bends. 3) Don’t leave an open, unfinished bottle behind when you go for a p**s.

45. Ant says:

That makes sense Chas

46. Ant says:

Thanks NG, we have already had some unnecessary spillage and excess wind issues but Flamini could plug the gaps in an anchor role around the bins

Everton rarely come to park the bus; they almost always try and out play us, so there will be space and as such I expect Theo to play up front and the Ox on the right.

Although that said I wouldn’t be unhappy to see Theo out on the right with the FP as number 9.

Has Wenger got the cojones to play Walcott out on the right again………….

All will be revealed at 5.15 this afternoon.

Cheers, NG, all duly noted.
    I usually take the bottle with me when going for a p%ss.

49. Ant says:

I’m confused as I thought we’d established that the Oxford Gold is playing wide right?

50. That’s a good tactic Chas, particularly if there’s a long queue. If you used the Bulmers can nobody would be able to tell the difference. aste and colourwise.

51. Ant says:

Chas has revealed all a couple of times already today, he doesn’t have to wait until 5.15

I keep on looking at the wall up there and am concerned with the placement of Bulmers is the middle. It would be harder for the free kick specialists to get the ball over and then down if it was swapped with Becks

Stick with us, LB, teams at 4.30.

54. Ant says:

This came up using “absolute disgrace “as key words Micky!

This is what Micky wants up front ….

56. Didit says:

Still not sure
    Ollie or Theo up top
    Mmmm, the one who won us the FAC, beat Utd and Bayern And led us to second on the league, or the other one

Anyone with any ideas

What time is Ko?

57. Ant says:

There’s been some carnage to our team and we down to 4 men (beers)

There’s been a few sending off!

59. Ant says:

After your violin lesson.. Keep up Micky

60. Didit says:

Pic of the French steward?

Is he? You know, typically French

Yep, takes it up the Gary, for sure.
    (Apols to RC78 who I’m sure doesn’t)

62. Ant says:

63. Rasp – you’ve got a ticket!!!!!!!!! Where are you?????????????

The French guard was surreptitiously eating a handful of snails when Ant went to the refreshment car for free water and biscuits.

65. Ant says:

The sorry state of bins these days

“I was born in the Year of the Monkey or was it the Squirrel or the Lemon? Anyway, I was born.”

What a splendid opening line, BR. Gave me a proper chuckle.

I have to confess that as well as being a bit of a climate change denier I am also a bit of an Ox denier. He’s got bags of power, pace and skill but I worry he makes some terrible decisions on the pitch and seems to lack confidence some of the time.

But he’ll only get better by playing so I suppose let’s give him a run out…

67. Didit says:

Rocky
    Having always been a massive Ox fan, it is time he shifted up a gear
    Not sure Arsene knows his best position, but then again, that ain’t Arsenes greatest strength 😎

2.12 Is that Mad Maradona?

I am concerned about the condition of English train litter bins. Over here we have people who sort that sort of thing out

That’s not a mucky bin BR – that’s an art installation.

Micky

When I think about the Ox phrases like “has all the attributes” come to mind.

I’m not sure what his best position is and if I don’t know then I’m sure Arsene doesn’t because I know loads more about footy than he does.

Wherever he plays, I’ll be happy if he stops doing his trademark sloppy-pass-leads-to-opposition-breakaway-goal move.

71. Didot says:

Oh deAr god
    Do not start Erik off on art
    He’ll drone on and on about energy and space and shit

Why’s that Micky. He’s not into that “conceptual” bolleaux is he?

73. Didit says:

Don’t swank Rocky
    Everyone here knows more than Arsene apart from a few storm troopers 😄

Back later when o get off my telephone that makes me re log on every time

Art peaked in about 1550 and it’s been downhill ever since.

What is bolleaux about conceptual art apart from the conception?

RL. Last week I saw one of the only 5 remaining Vinci’s in existence. It was a transcendental few minutes.

(Lady with an Ermine)

Ah the laptop 🙂

“Art peaked in about 1550” …. nice 🙂

Bloody hell, he’s now off on philosophy 🙄

79. Ant says:

Didot lol

I’ve seen Chas do that slight of hand trick before
    Bowler hat THINKS the 2p dropped in, but a swift move, and down plops the beer top

81. Ant says:

Some bloody violin lesson that is…not

“a transcendental few minutes” for you is actually a move back down towards earth 😀

Odd picture that one BR. What’s doing with an ermine for gawd’s sake? Nasty little buggers.

I bet as soon as Da Vinci put his brush down the animal bit her on the left knocker.

See – anyone can be an art critic…

I think chas is outside the Gunners Club.

85. 10p for the poppy, £2.50 for the pin!

You wouldn’t say that if it was biting your knocker.

Hammers one up v Chavs 😀

True.

Come on you Hammers

Ox. 6′ tall. 22 yo. 4 years with Arsenal. Father ex footballer. I saw him when he played his first game at the Ems, he was an oxen then 🙂
    I really thought he was going to be magical, he had all of the makings of a star. 4 years down the line I don’t think he will ever be world class.

Given how inaccurate most of my predictions usually are, ox will provably outplay Messi one day. We shall see tonight.

Naismith is a nasty outfit, he likes scoring against us – a revenge. He had trials at Arsenal 10 years ago and wenger didn’t want him. A mistake? Nai

Thank you for a supper dupper PM Raddy! You forgot the percentage. I am 65% positive

Chavs losing all disciplne. Magic off for two deserved yellows. Two more cards for arguing. A Chav coach sent to the stand.

Me-rinho ironically laughing.

Oh, and Fabregas had a goal denied for a questionable offside

Great stuff!

Maurinho sent to the stands, the implosion continues.

You’d need to have a heart of stone not to p*ss yourself laughing 😀

Hahaha, those Vines boys are p-ss taking barstewards, or is that pish shtwaking barshshtewards after decimating their tactical line up on the train 🙂

Right listen here Chas, don’t expect me to provide you with a Hobgoblin through your middle next time we convene in the FFB.

I know there is one Vines brother (the cultured and educated elder statesman) that appreciates my tactical bollix.

Seems to be more Chav meltdown going on. 1-0 down and Matic sent off. Won’t celebrate too much until they actually lose and make sure we have won.

97. fred1266 says:

Also think Joel should be given some games

Sorry guys just read the above comments. Late to the party again 🙂

Damn. Chavs equalise. If they win with 10 men The Chosen One will say it was all down to him sending mind-messages from the stands 🙂

100. Rock at 2:47pm
    “Art peaked in about 1550 and it’s been downhill ever since.”

Tell that to Picasso and Salvadore Dali and Damian Hirst.

TEAM NEWS: Giroud, Gabriel and Ox start

Arsène Wenger has made three changes to the starting XI for today’s game against Everton.

Olivier Giroud starts up front instead of Theo Walcott, while Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain replaces the injured Aaron Ramsey.

Per Mertesacker misses the game due to illness which means Gabriel starts in his place, while Alexis is likely to begin the match on the left flank.

Arsenal team to face Everton: Cech, Bellerin, Koscielny, Gabriel, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud

Arsenal substitutes: Macey, Chambers, Debuchy, Gibbs, Flamini, Walcott, Campbell

Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

24 Oct 2015

Come on you Gunners
    Cheers for team news GN5

103. Soixante-Neuf, Picasso and Dali yes but Hirst, Gormley and Emin? Pickled fish, piles of scrap metal and dirty beds? That’s not art, it’s taking the p**s.

w hAM 2 Chavs 1

he he he

105. Chavs lose again, you gotta larf!

NB. All Johnny-come-lately’s compared to the pre-renaissance artists.

Jose!!

If we win this afternoon we will be 11 points ahead of the Chavs after just 10 games

No real surprises with AFC line-up

107. fred1266 says:

Per has been ill alot this season

Sorry – I cannot stop crying — Maureen;s crap team have lost to Wham 2:1 😀

109. The BFG isn’t there?

Very jealous of Ant’s EPA 😦

Happy enough with the line up, Everton will likely press high so an outlet to someone who can hold it up….why not….Ollie don’t let me down.

Thanks for the Prematch Raddy, up to Ox to stake a claim for the shirt, even though we clearly have a first XI we all know Arsene will change his mind like the wind should someone come in and do a job….Hector, Nacho, Coquelin etc, so Ox has the chance to oust Rambo from the side if he can deliver, there should be no greater incentive for him.

Looking forward to the game, but i am already looking forward to MotD, another Chav defeat and a sending off in the first half for Matic, no doubt Moss was weak and naive….send in the Roflcopter 😀

I know you guys already knew the Chavs result – but I just had to type it for my own pleasure. 🙂

Rolfcopter ha haha 🙂

I think BFG doesn’t take antibiotics or at least until it is a matter of life or death. Not sure why, Wenger made a comment like “the Germans are a bit skeptical”

114. NG

Capitialist Artists… and they earn loadsa money. I can’t dis them! What I say is good luck, if you can con the art world to buy work for millions, then lucky you. I wish I’d had the bollocks to do the same to the art world

Oh FFS
    5:30 ko
    Thing said 5:00
    Back to rugger

116. GIE

The Germans like to examine their poo… even have toilets that allow you to look at it before you flush….

Just had a read of Erik the Viking’s pre-Match, and very good it was too.

There was an item up there with Terry’s “Heinrich Manoeuvre” because I never knew Lemon’s were born.

Silly me, I played that computer game for years and must have sounded daft yacking on about the number of lemmings that had jumped off the cliff. 😀

GO Raddy!! 🙂 Just …… GO. 😀

Don’t all toilets allow that Northbank? Unless of you’ve been drinking pints of Guinness obviously and its sunk within a second

The Kiwis are just superbiozis! Hope Arsenal can learn from them.

120. Fairly straight-forward changes to the team for the game. Paul Easter for the ill BFG….. The Ox for the injured Rambo and giving Giroud a chance to not score and Theo comes on for the last 15 minutes and scores as a super-sub.

no Naismith!!! whe hey!!

122. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, Another cracker Raddy boy, thank you. Gonna be a tough one, Everton will fancy their chances, few changes, but good changes. Giroud to start, Theo will probably get 20 30 minutes towards the end. Ox to start, hope he can last the 90, but he usually flags, so hope were leading before that happens.

Gabriel in as Merts is ill. get well soon Merts you lazy bugger, COYG’s

123. No GIE

German toilets have a little shelf, so the proceeds dont end up floating in water, it stays on the little shelf for very close examination 😀

I’ve tried to not go into too much detail there 🙂

124. I’m not at home tonight… just going try a stream. Hopefully, I’ll be able to watch the match and stay behind the sofa with everyone. 🙂

Evening,

I will be brief.

2-1 at the death, it looked like it would stay 1-1 until our robot came to the rescue.

Where does all this” Raddy boy” come from 😉

126. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening Kelsey, when you dont know what year you was born means he’s going backwards. Trouble is, were all the same. 🙂

Try again
    Come on you Gunnnnners

What has the Klu Klux Kan got to do with Chelsea. In my ignorance I fail to see the connection.

RA. You have never heard of The Year of the Lemon?

COYRRG

130. Are using plan A, B or C?

Plan D not working at the momenr. Suggest trying one of the others.

Eddie, no way Ox is 6′.

Montreal has been imperious so far

ok, 5’10 almost 6 🙂
    Nothing is happening in the middle 😦

Rasp??
    I thought you were at the game

What a cross

and the deadly Ollie strikes again 🙂

Absolutely effing gorgeous frenchie

yessssssssssssss

What a cross 😀

now, THIS wa a cross from my Santi 🙂

get innnnnnnnnnnn

we are top the league
    We are top the league!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeees. I knew it. I said switch to plan E, they did and hey presto.

We are getting good at this set piece business. Is Allardyce on the backroom staff?

Wow 2 goals in 2 minutes, no less than we deserved for our domination 🙂

Had to put a smiley otherwise WP would have thought that was a duplicate comment

Brilliant crosses by Ozil and Santi, Ollie and Koz couldn’t really miss.

Controlled game so far, like the way we are pressing Howard forcing him to kick early and rushed means he can’t pick Lukaku out and also they haven’t got time to get up the pitch to win knock downs.

145. Quality insight GiE.

Balls….

Not that I can count too well, but @ 1 metre 80cms that would make Oxo a gigantic 5′ 9″, speaking of which he has given the bloody ball away — sugar they have scored. 😦

Barclay against 3 defenders

That ones on Ox I’m afraid needless attempt at shooting when he had all blue shirts in front of him and no space.

Insightful NG that’s me 😉

I have a question as to why Barkley was in so much space with so many of our players not goal side of him near the end of the first half when we are 2 up?

Ok, so now we need to show some steel

Brilliant
    3 goals and its only half time
    Oh, and we have most of them 🙂

Redders I concur on your 5’9″ estimation. I have stood next to him in a well known supermarket and he is no North American colossus like you my friend. I even beat him in a 10m straight dash to the last packet of frozen turkey twizzlers.

154. Berkeley should never have got that far, naive defending 😃 see we can still do it 😃😃😃😃

GoonerB how many years have you been watching our team, you should know by now sit back and see out 2-0 is not in our make up. 😀

But that’s why Ox should have worked the ball to Hector or turned away and retained possession just like the majority of the rest of our team would.

Comments all day about Oxs decision making and he unfortunately demonstrated just why fans have concerns.

156. fatgingergooner says:

Hope we don’t get a month of the Ox doing things like that which costs us goals. Poor at both ends from him and Everton back in the game.

Bound to be mistakes in this weather so just hoping the big ones come from Everton.

Peaches agree Ox worked hard with Hector to get back he should have just taken the booking.

Feels like I’m picking on Ox, so will say there was plenty to like about his first half performance in touch and control.

Surely no one is more concerned now than they were at 0-0, still leading and another twenty minutes til Theo gets a run at the tiring Jagielka, could be a lot of fun if Cazorla and Ozil continue as they started.

158. fred1266 says:

Ox always seem to lose the ball and the next side scores

Everton 1 shot on target 1 goal 😦 it got a wicked deflection. The Ox gave the ball away but why did the rest of the team allow Barkley to run so far with the ball?

2-1 it is then 😉 No worries we will score again. Monreal is really getting pretty good.
    The wet ball is disturbing our keeper. I have a feeling Theo won’t come on unless we score a third early,we might even see Campbell if we get a cushion.

As Rasp says, they’ve had one shot

Ox can give them another and we run out 4-2 🙂

Having just listened to Thierry Henry I have to say that being one of the great CFs – doesn’t make him a great co-commentator — that was puerile crap and a waste of my time listening.

In fairness to Oxo, altho he was at fault for trying to kick the ball through a 14 stone defender, the rain was a factor in that shot skidding off Gabriel’s foot. Bum.

My point above was, if it was not obvious, is that two young players took a swing at the ball, one ended up looking like a prawn, the other hit an equally poor shot which took a fluke and he looks like a hero.

C’est la vie.

Their goal came straight from another piece of really bad decision making by the Ox I’m afraid. The boy needs to start learning some lessons…

Who is that guy pretending to be Cech?

Hi Rocky, 🙂

The Ox does do that mindless give-away an awful lot, unfortunately.

He had a good run and pass to Sanchez just now RA – got to give credit where it’s due 🙂

Love the Ox – great player 🙂

We need to remember that we’re winning. We’re getting a bit stretched and leaving the defence a bit exposed.

They need to chase the game – we don’t.

Agree Rocky. Time to play the counter attack game. Theo?

Yes GoonerB – definitely.

We’ve got very sloppy during this half.

What is Flamini doing playing at CF in the 85th minute?

Absolutely fabulous win
    On the back of Bayern, that is one massive week
    Superb effort from all

We are top of the league, we are top of the league

A fantastic game, well played to both sides and pure entertainment for the neutrals.
    Second half might have helped us that it stopped raining, but many moves were sublime and we deserved at least one more goal.

Must dash. Not in a strop 🙂

That’s correct RA, we are 🙂 🙂

Bring on defensive midfielder and he decides to play up front, Gibbo seemed to give Flam pretty clear instructions when he came on as to where Arsene thought he had asked him to play.

The spirit in the team was great I thought, big credit to Ollie with an impressive 90 minute display of how to holdup the ball and play back to goal, and he does know how to hit a ball. Very unlucky with the effort that came off the bat.

Ozil is just poetry to watch, the way we always try and pass and move no matter where we are on the pitch is to be applauded, but I only really have faith in it when the ball is at Ozils feet.

Another big positive again for me was Coq, he does more than just break up play but I think a lot of his work with the ball goes unnoticed.

Santi and Alexis also kept going.

If I had any criticisms today it would be of our full backs as I think they left the centre backs exposed a few too many times unnecessarily.

The energy shown was good all over the pitch despite the efforts put in against Bayern.

3 points, top of the league we roll on.

179. fatgingergooner says:

Considering we’ve played a lot of high intensity games in such a short space of time that is a cracking result. We could easily have scored 4 or 5 but we also had to trust in Gabriel and Cech to make important blocks. Cech used all his intelligence to make a great save from Deulofeu. He knew defenders were covering the right side of his goal so dived early to his left and pulled off the save. His points gained tally is starting to add up.

Sanchez continues to amaze but did have some tired looking touches at times and deserves the full week off, which I’m sure Wenger will give him. Cazorla and Özil ran the game and were unlucky not to create more goals between them.

Special mention to Giroud too who has shown a great attitude recently after an awful start to the season and deserved his goal. He held everything up today and it was a good selection by Wenger in the ‘horses for courses’ conundrum he has with Giroud and Walcott.

Top of the league!

Kelsey totally agree about the game for the neutrals, really like the way Martinez and Everton want to go toe to toe with us and pass for pass, they play football the right way.

My only complaint about the match in general is Lee Mason, I think a couple of earlier yellows would have made for a more entertaining match and allowed the ball to be in play more.

181. I don’t think Lee Mason did too much wrong GiE, perhaps an early booking for Delafallover would have encouraged him to stay on his feet.

There were no bad fouls, a bit of shirt pulling and Arsenal were a bit keen to waste time towards the end. All in all he was alright. We’ve certainly had worse performances from him in the past.

We looked tired towards the end but after the epic game against Bayern that isn’t surprising. I was impressed with Everton, they will take points off our rivals.

183. Shard says:

Top of the league and deservedly so.

When was the last time Arsenal scored 2 headed goals? Not that long ago I think, but can’t remember when it was. So, should we hope for a ManU win tomorrow?

Chelsea!!! Hahaha… Mourinho didn’t even face the press to do his weak and naive spiel.

Looking forward to motd.

3 different players as Man of the Match by TV and Radio pundits.

185. fred1266 says:

No shard o hoping for a draw

186. stevepalmer1 says:

Do i detect a little whinging. Bloody hell, were top of the league and we won. Everton are a good side we said that much before the start, they gave us a hell of a game but we were victors,

Ox hasn’t played much, and even when his up to speed, he seldom plays 90, Ox’s stamina is questionable, when his legs go he makes mistakes, the lad needs stamina training. Although Ramsey has never got back to his best his stamina is not questionable, a hard job to fill in for him.

Our team has had a busy week, but still won both matches, a fine display and some cracking football by both sides. Thats their first defeat on the road so in actual fact a brilliant win for us.

187. Shard says:

yes fred. I think I’d prefer that too.

I hope we see a good bit of rotation for the midweek game. Campbell, Iwobi, Flamini etc.

188. Ant says:

JC says hello

189. Hello happy bunnies

Anyone offered to write a post?

190. Ant says:

So was the biggest cheer for

A) Ollies goal
    B) Kozzers goal
    C) the final whistle
    D) Gabriel’s tackle
    E) Everton fans being told the last train to Liverpool had been cancelled therefore the train they had to get was the 8:11

Right first match on must be West Ham vs Chavs, pour myself a large glass and assume position, roflcopter in holding pattern.

193. fatgingergooner says:

GiE,

Saw an Everton fan on Twitter asking for the Arsenal announcer to be punished for telling lies about the transport issues! If that’s true then it deserved twice the cheer it got! 😄

Oh I had no idea how much fun that was going to be….assistant and Maureen sent to the stands, Matic off, the closest “no goal” by the goal system and a disallowed goal that on another day is allowed. Pretty perfect game…..I wonder if Maureens suspended stadium ban is now invoked?

Jonathan Pearce was spot on, unless they can shake off the “everyone’s against us” mentality they will not get out of the slump, shame they have Maureen is the manager because that’s how he has always loved to engender that.

Apparently not Everyon fans had quite a long slog home according to Twitter…..and a few getting a bit upset that Arsenal fans cheered….because of course that wouldn’t happen in any other ground in the country.

196. Shard says:

GIE

One joke that made me laugh. The screen grab of the goal decision system with a quote underneath. ‘Mourinho: The Goal line technology was weak and naive’

The Mourinho meltdown is hilarious. Sometime along the way he jumped the shark, and stopped being annoying and frustrating and just became ridiculous.

197. Shard says:

I thought the cheer for the cancellation of the train was top bantz 🙂

198. fred1266 says:

Planning to go an away game in December if the train gets cancelled how do you reach back

Fred most cities have some pretty good nightlife so find the pub/clubs that stay open until 6 o clock then take the first train in the morning

Reckon Petr Cech must be feeling a little smug. You know, like leaving the ex champs and moving to Arsenal 🙂

Great pics A’nD. I thought Ollie did very well. Really.

Ok, I’ll settle for either a cat in a box vid or one of Maureen in the stands

Hey Chas
    I don’t want to labour a point if I’m making someone uncomfortable, but somewhere in Ant’s past, was there an issue or unwanted event that took place between him and a violin teacher?

Micky
    He did have a music teacher who said his fiddling elbow was an utter disgrace, so that might have been it.

He has got a morbid fear of plimsolls, too.

Phew
    I was suspecting something altogether more sinister

Can I remind you it was Eddie what call you lot a disgrace
    I merely agreed

Mmm, so who is the bigger threat, Utd or City
    One has the better squad, the other no European distractions

Usual outcome preferred I guess ie draw, punch up, injuries, red cards and points deductions

How do I save my “favourites” if I want to re-set my laptop to factory setting?

Micky
    Both manc clubs are in the CL. 🙂

Copy them to a flash drive.
    Google where they are located for your browser of choice.

Oh that’s that bit of my thinking down the crapper then

a flash drive eh
    Nope

Micky – why are you defending yourself? They are a disgrace 🙂

You might call it a USB stick.

We win a difficult game but as sales it is all about maurinho. Just the way he likes it 😆

I think I’ve done it into a file. Now save to my hard drive box and bingo.

Great Maureen pics

Eddie
    I couldn’t agree more. Its ok them following the team all over the country when we’re winning, but to do it when we’re playing poorly, and thus supporting rubbish, IS a disgrace. An Utter disgrace

Eddie
    See above for the Arsenal photos.
    It is possible to enjoy both you know.

C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Bookmarks
    for Windows 7 google chrome.

Thanks Chas
    Think I’ve done it
    Last worry will be that I’ll have to reinstall office
    Oh well, might go and have a lie down before I push the big button

insert your username between the double back slashes.

And one can get up early without soiling the bed.

Eddie says:
    October 25, 2015 at 9:21 am

And one can get up early without soiling the bed.

Except NB 😉

An elephant never forgets. 🙂

Kelsey 🙂

Chas is rude to me when he wants (the soiled bed), but god forbid I say anything about him! oh no, he won’t let that rest

how are you Kels? Since you are better we are on a winning streak, coincidence or are you our lucky charm ?

Watford beat Stoke yesterday, hm, we were lucky 🙂 Deeney scored a good goal

oi elephant – see what I mean?? exactly my point.

229. Le Coq Monster says:

Beautiful sunny day in the Duchy and I have an Acer rubrum October Glory in my arboretum with the light shining through it, a brilliant red……….. just like The Arsenal !.

It’s a colloquialism not being rude, for heaven’s sake.

“…in my arboretum”
    Get you!

Amazing tree, btw. 🙂

Right, outta here.

What.ever.

Draw in Mancunia would suit us best, both dropping points. Is Aguerro still injured?

235. Le Coq Monster says:

Only a small arboretum, chas, ffs, I`m only a van driver !…..I dont own half of Devon like some on here !. hahaha

“You might call it a USB stick.
    Something you can store things on which plugs into the rectangular hole on your computer.”

Beginning to think Chas has worked in IT support with explanations like that…..I could almost here the sarcastic tone in the voice of the operator at the other end of the phone (normally me 😀 )

I watched the highlights again and stand by what I said after the match. End to end football which could have finished 4-2.

Our movement between the usual suspects is often breath taking and Ozil justs gets better or is it that the other players are building a new found confidence and some of our play is exhibition stuff.

Giroud had a really good game and one wonders is he and Walcott really fighting for that central spot.

I am nearly sure that Walcott was about to come on but those who were there can confirm that but AW changed his mind.

Flamini to a certain extent played The Ox role and nearly scored.He will be useful for cameo parts in certain games.

Kos is back to his best and I like the attitude of Gabriel as my link showed last night.

Gibbs will have to fight for his place as will Debuchy when fit and that is a change in AW policy whereby players have to fight for their place as opposed to be an automatic choice regardless of how they play.

The OX needs games, he hasn’t played much in PL minutes but he needs to improve his defensive play.

I think if we are honest we are doing better than initially thought after the first game, long may it continue.

Kelsey, I heard Ian Stone question the purchase of Debuchy on theTiesday Club podcast, Alan Davies pulled him up on it straight away, £10m for Debuchy was good money and an upgrade on the ageing Sagna, Arsene clearly wanted a stop gap player before unleashing Hector, Debuchy at 27/28 was a good purchase, but fate conspired against Debuchy with his injuries and now Hector has the shirt Debuchy has to wait his chance.

Hopefully Gibbs is learning lessons from Nacho but I am less concerned about him seeking a move away.

I reckon Debuchy may be allowed to leave end of the season and Jenkinson will be recalled to cover for Hector.

How does Jack, Arteta, Rosicky, et al get games? They don’t at the moment, but we don’t have a squad and I prefer that situation than Chavs where even there newly acquired right back Baba can’t get in the team with Ivanovic injured.

GIE

I think you will agree that the priority in Wenger’s mind is The Title and why not.

However we haven’t got a fully fit squad (never have) and we can’t possibly compete in 4 competitions and if things go pair shape in the CL do we want endless nights of Thursday evening football.

As far as Rosicky is concerned I am surprised he wasn’t allowed to leave and come the end of the season he,Arteta, |Flamini and even Mertesacker maybe unloaded or in the latter’s case be given lesser games as with the case of Debuchy.

I still think we could add one more player in January which has to be a leader in defence.

240. ‘morning all, Kelsey if we sign a “leader in defence” who gets dropped?

Gabriel is now really looking the part and will be a mainstay alongside Koscielny. Merts probably has at least one more season in him and Calumn Chambers is waiting in the wings.

Bellerin, Monreal and Gibbs look set to stay while there maybe a doubt about Debuchy who has made noises about wanting first team football as he’s afraid of missing out for France. If he does go there is always Jenkinson who can be recalled from the Hammers.

Morning all …. surely one of you wants to write a match report in celebration of being ToTL? 🙂

As for the game ….
    Giroud was incredible, he held the ball up against 2 decent centre halves and more often than not laid the ball off to an Arsenal player.

Ozil is the best technical player in the EPL. He was brilliant.

Cech made a couple of pivotal saves. He has already repaid several times for the mistakes in the Wham game.

Monreal was superb, running tireless up the left, overlapping and drawing defenders away to make room for Ozil to cut inside.

10/10 for Arsene. He started with the right team and made all the right substitutions.

242. Well done Rasp you’ve just written the definitive match report. 😀

243. Morning all,

Is anyone able to put together a few words for a post please?

NG

I don’t think it’s a case of dropping anyone but we need someone more vocal.

I am no good at these pictures from games but I put up a link of Gabriel’s clenched fist after clearing the ball. It’s a long time that I have seen such passion from a defender just clearing a ball.

There is a new found belief within the squad, note I didn’t say team.

There you are peaches.The least few comments make up your post. 😉

WordPress haven’t put their klopp back.

While you’re all deciding to write a match report, I’ll give you 10 guesses which high profile supporter we saw outside the ground after the game ……

Every time you get it wrong I’ll give you another clue,

For starters, he’d appeal to some on here and be the devil incarnate to others 🙂

Wrong, a much higher profile gooner – although I didn’t actually know he was a supporter

9 guesses left ….

Terry the Terrible Mancini, Rasper? 🙂

Why is the WordPress clock wrong?

No and no. He’s not a celebrity per se – but is probably mentioned every day in the broadsheets ……

7 guesses left and you’re not even warm ……

Is it Arthur the No.10 cat who does not catch rats?

That’s closer than you may think Redders – 6 left

If it’s Piers Morgan then the question is incorrect as surely he can not be called a fan?

Not PM – but there is another clue 😕

5. Nick robinson

Cryptic clue Rasp….George Osborne?

No, this person is much higher profile ….. 4 left

Millibars d
    Andrew marr

261. Of course, it’s that Loony Lefty trying to climb aboard a winning bandwagon, Jeremy Cornyn.

Rasp i’m drafting something now

263. Sorry, that should have been Cornbin.

264. That’s the one Norfolk 🙂

Spot on Norfolk, although the clues were pretty easy … not PM, and I kept telling you all when I wrote …9 left, 8 left, 7 left etc 😆

Brilliant GiE, can’t wait to read it ……

chas, thanks for the stats, they are really helpful. I still cant use your graphic as the text comes up too small. The longest player name have to fill the cell = no space after the last letter to get the largest text in the widget.

Rasp it’s drafted

Ooopps Timmy Time is over for Villa……..say hello to David Moyes or Brendan Rodgers Villa fans

270. Old ‘Arry’s available exile, but Birmingham is a bit far away from Sandbanks.

271. We have a New Post everyone …………………