Ramsey is The Man

Chav. Know what it means? It is an acronym for Council House And Violent used by police on charge sheets. Gone are the days when Chelsea fans really were Chavs, nowadays they have been priced out of the ground. For all his wealth Mr Abramovitch has still allowed Stamford Bridge to have the 4th most expensive tickets in the PL.

What do the real diehard Chelsea fans think about their team? Are they sad that the club squander money on big name players who do not perform (Cuadrado, Falcao and the scores out on loan) or do they exalt in the fact that Chelsea are Champions? I know that I wouldn’t give a donkey’s butt about the balance sheet if Arsenal were to win the PL and I guess the Chavs don’t either.

As to this afternoon, I don’t accept the notion that Arsenal will be lacking in confidence following the midweek fiasco, 6 of the players are like to be dropped and those coming back add hugely to the team. Nor do I accept that Chelsea are over their problems because they beat Maccabi at home – as they should.

Will Chelsea be undone by the injuries to Willian and Falcao? Of course not. Will Fabregas have his best game of the season? Of course he will. Will Mourinho behave like a spoilt brat? You know the answer. Will Mr. Wenger shake his hand? Who cares apart from the media.

We know Chelsea have a fine team who are struggling defensively, they failed to buy the CB they wanted but still have Zouma, Terry, Ivanovic, and Cahill to choose from! Luxury (written with a Lancashire accent). A midfield of Fabregas, Oscar, Matic, Ramires and Obi One Kanobi is sure to gel at some point. Up front Costa is a petulant child (though I wouldn’t say it to his face!) and for this reason I hope Mr Wenger picks Gabriel. We know how fantastic a player Hazard is and AW must be gutted that he failed to sign him.

The Arsenal team?  I am sure it will be one which started against Stoke (unless BFG is fit).

Unknown-1

It becomes increasingly clear what a vital cog Ramsey is in the team. I have said this before and will say it many times, Ramsey is a better Ray Parlour.

Cazorla has been struggling of late. Could AW play the OX instead and bring Ramsey more central alongside Coquelin? He has tried to get Ramsey to play deeper in the past and it has not worked but that was alongside Arteta, Coquelin’s defensive discipline may be a better fit.

Once agin we have the Giroud/Walcott debate. Against the sluggish Terry/Cahill combo Theo is the obvious choice but I would certainly give OG at least 15 minutes. Or can we trust Campbell in such a big game?

I have to say that despite what has been written on AA this is NOT a season defining game; when was the last time we won at the Bridge? The bookies odds are against us and so are history and the experts. If we win it will be massive and send Me-rinho into the relegation zone with 6 games gone – effectively finishing their chances of winning the title. But ……

I have never enjoyed games at the Bridge – either I was shit-scared thanks to their knuckle-head Nazi fans (in the days of Yore) or because their team have comprehensively outplayed us. There have been great moments – Kanu’s hatrick, Nigel’s thunderbastard, the magic 5-3 which included a hatrick from some Dutch bloke and the JT faceplant, but they are few and far between.

Can we win? Of course. Will we?  I wish I could be positive about this one but I am not. We have scored just twice in 7 games against them and have not won for 7 games, Me-rinho has never lost two successive home games as a manager. On the plus side, we have won 7 and drawn one of our last 8 away games and Theo is on fire (11 from 11).

I would be delighted with a draw.

I am 34% positive.

COYRRG

Written by Big Raddy

251 Responses to Ramsey is The Man

Brilliant PM Raddy, spot on in every department. I see Ramsey as the integral cog that has yet to slot into position.

I also question whether Ramsey and Cazorla should play at the same time since this inevitably means putting Ramsey wide right which in turn denies reduces our attacking edge down that flank and may deprive either The Ox or Theo a starting berth.

Maureen has shown that of all managers, he knows how to be Arsenal’s nemesis. He will think he knows exactly how to negate our strengths today …. will we play into his hands once again ….. we will see 🙂

2. Morning all,

Another top pre-match BR, thank you.

Wenger must revert to our best back five…
    Cech, Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny and Monreal. They will give us stability. It’s got to be Cazorla alongside Le Coq, they’ve developed an understanding.

I,’ll leave the rest to Mickey, he knows about these things. 😀

Cheers Big

Before the Dynamo Kebab game, I was sure we’d cock that one up but win at The Bridge. I’m 50% there 🙂

Cannot wait for KO

Unfortunately, for me, I missed some very good chatter boxing this morning, so can I just have a word with Rasp, before enjoying Raddish’s confidence % ?

Rasper, you have often said that Wenger has too many fingers in too many Arsenal pies, giving him far too much influence and power in everything.

Then this morning, @ 9:07, you said; -“Steve, I’m afraid I don’t sign up to the Wenger is omnipotent argument.

That’s OK, but knowing you are a renowned crossword solver, I tried to work out what you really meant, as ‘omnipotent’ surely means ‘having great power and influence’, which you are apparently now saying you don’t sign up to.

A contradiction in terms?

Explanation, please, Rasper! 😀

BR/NG

Obviously I think Theo should start in the middle, but I cannot decide whether Aaron or The Ox should start right.

I’m with NG on the Santi/Coq pairing, but on the right, while the romantic in me would favour The Ox, it may be that away from home against Chelsea, Aaron might be more sensible.

So go with The Ox, I say 🙂

6. Red Arnie says:

Brilliant PM, Raddy. 🙂

Lovely discussion this morning. NorthBank said: win 25% draw 40%.

which makes me 65% confident. 🙂 COYG. 🙂

I am 17.5% confident 😉

I don’t think he will start Giroud just because of his stupidity on Wednesday and he’s totally out of form, not that he actually ever is on form.

Walcott against Cahill or/and Terry only chance is for Theo to get a penalty as he will be hacked to bits.

Having said all that I suspect the same team that started against Stoke but would like to see more of The Ox.

Thanks again Raddy for a great preview.

8. Red Arnie says:

lunchtime game, oh dear! hmmm.

A super and deeply introspective pre-Match, Randy Hippy, loved it! 😀

I did not know the origins of the soubriquet ‘Chav’ and now I do – I wish I didn’t.

I was on the verge of having a rant at Maureen’s reputation as the ‘best manager in the world’ because very few seem to link his success with teams filled with the best players money can buy, blah, blah.
    But I won’t. 🙂

Crystals
    17.5%!!!!
    What did you have for breakfast, a large bowl of superfoods? You know, yogi yogi berries and shit 🙂

Okedoke, out into the beautiful sunshine. Catch yarl later for KO

Great read BR

13. stevepalmer1 says:

Another fine read Big man, You seem a bit more cautious than i thought you would be, Maybe the closer to kick off, your stats may go down a bit. 🙂

I am wondering if Wenger will start Theo, Of course on paper Theo would be the obvious option, but i some how feel he may just start bouffant man, and bring the wiz kid on when tired legs start to appear.

Maurine of course will see this as a make or break game, despite his win in the week, he will feel his safe position at Chelsea In his mind that is could turn to a job hunt if results go for us.

I saw both managers on TV this morning Maurine sits there with that i don’t care attitude and slurred voice been on the piss i reckon. While oujr man was upbeat without showing to much emotion. Talk yesterday i heard some where will you shake hands with their man, what a load of bollix who gives a shit if they do or dont, ask them questions appertaining to this game of football, its not about the Managers , its about the 90 minutes where our guys are against theirs. Managers will be feet apart for 90 minutes stuck in their little boxes shouting blue murder at the official who doesn’t give a shit about either.

Will we win at a ground we usually lose on, i believe we will. We were shite in the week and the players know it, Wenger knows he made a massive mistake but he knows that he can do nothing about it now, On his way home on the plane i would imagine he was upset with himself, why did i take notice of that pratt, from sports science, why didn’t i go with a winning team, that wont happen against Chelsea.

Fu-k it i will go with the strongest team i have , Merts would have been in but he is still not fully with it His Merc is all smashed uo so sod him Gabby will have to do.

Maurine will come out with a load of shit, as usual boy i hate that f—r, this is a must win game, and i will certainly tell our guys to go for it, bouffant man will mix it up he can’t score for the life of him but he can bruise a few and be a pain by Christ his been a pain in my arse this season.

The plane is landing and Wenger has still got Maurine on his mind. That Fu===er is going to pay this weekend , i am glad its away as Bromich will be there watching and we can make him hand that tart his passport and he can fu-k off shake his hand will i f–k spit in the bas—s face more like it got to get the players fired up for this one , i’ll have to do that my self as Bouldies f—ng useless at that, we must win this one and put another Nail in.

55% confident 2,1 to us. Sanchez Belerin. COYRRG’s

thanks Raddy for this terrific PM. Good to see you back in form 🙂

Their first keeper is injured too. If we were more clinical and converted more chances into goals we could capitalise on Courtois’s misfortune. As it is we will not

I would not happy with a draw. I will never be happy until we beat the chavs fair and square, just like we used to before the Abramovitch

I am going to experiment today and drink from the home, red Arsenal mug – I have never done that before and we haven’t won at the Bridge for a long time. I think this might help us today and if it doesn’t, nothing will

30% is fair

where is that mobile, disgracefull duck today?

Hi RA, I simply meant that he cannot possibly be all knowing about all things

17. Lovely stuff Hippo man 😛

On paper and on recent form, Theo, Bellerin, Nacho and Duracell should rip this current Chelsea defence apart. I wonder how much psychology will be involved for us, based on our last few games against them… I’m hoping it won’t be an issue and they come out fighting. The Big Coq could be a crucial element to us winning today. If the time was right to beat the Chavs…. then today is the day boys… COYG’s

Strikes me that he pretty omniscient about most things, Rasper, but you are correct that there has to be stops and checks on everyone in a business – and there may well be where he is concerned – but it does not always seem that way. 🙂

I also happen to share your views about the inevitable use of technology in football, and once the luddites like Bladder sod off it will come in.

The slow decision making in the rugby last night achieved the correct decisions, but the guy in charge of the videos took far too long, but that should not be taken as the norm – rugby league uses technology – and swiftly, and in fairness so does cricket – usually.

Can we stick ‘% certainty/uncertainty’ into Room 101 – it’s bollix really, just do not tell Randy Hippo I said that. 😀

Actually I forgot about their keeper so I raise my anti to 20.5%

Maybe kanu could come on for the last twenty minutes.Who could ever forget that hatrick.2-0 to 2-3. 😉

22. Shard says:

Great PM Raddy.

I think we should win this game. But it comes down to taking our chances. Theo scored a very good goal in midweek and hopefully he’s getting sharper.

I wouldn’t be happy with the ox to start. He’s shown time and again that he’s not switched on defensively. He either doesn’t man mark like on wednesday, or he dribbles into trouble which directly leads to a goal, like Monaco last season and West Ham this.

Playing Ramsey gives us more solidity, with Bellerin the real winger there, as Ramsey comes inside to overload the middle. Also I don’t hink coquelin and ramsey in the middle is a viable paetnership at the moment. They both tend to dwell on the ball, and Ramsey can’t utikise his strength, which is running, to find gaps in the lines. Rather he has to create them, whih he isn’t as good at as Santi.

As long as we stay focused defensively, take the good chances that we’ll create, and the referee doesn’t go insane, we should be winning this. For the first time in a long time, I think we have a team with a similar talent level as them. Le’s make it count.

I dont see why Kanu can’t come on, his passport says he is only 29.

I have given this some thought and realise that I am 31% confident.

25. Redders

Perhaps stick the % in the 101% room

TEAM NEWS: Ramsey, Bellerin return

Arsène Wenger has made six changes to the side that faced Dinamo Zargreb in the Champions League.

Petr Cech replaces David Ospina in goal and Theo Walcott starts as striker with Olivier Giroud on the bench.

Elsewhere, Hector Bellerin, Nacho Monreal, Francis Coquelin and Aaron Ramsey are all included in the starting XI.

Arsenal team to play Chelsea: Cech, Bellerin, Gabriel, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Ramsey, Cazorla, Alexis, Ozil, Walcott

Arsenal subs: Ospina, Debuchy, Gibbs, Arteta, Giroud, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Chambers

Copyright 2015 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

Cheers, BR. Spot on.

As long as you’ve ditched everything lucky that you were wearing or ingesting on Wednesday evening, we’ll be ok. 🙂

Another couple of issues which emerged from last night’s rugby and the video ref discussion;
    Firstly, the disallowed try for the Fijians was only seen once the TV programme director decided to show the close-up of the “try” being scored. Would this mean that a fifth official would have to have the ability to view all camera feeds at the game simultaneously and be able rewind each feed so he could review the footage?
    Secondly, even after viewing both close-ups, no-one was sure the last try was grounded touching the try line. One camera view suggested not, the other suggested maybe. Which angle does the 5th official choose?

yours
    A. Luddite 🙂

Chelsea line-up, too.

Mourinho is definitely losing some thatch.

Not that there’s anything wrong with that, of course.

32. stevepalmer1 says:

I was wrong with Giroud, perhaps he is hoping to keep there back line deep, On paper Walcott was favourite but i feel he will get hit a few times and disappear from sight, I do hope he takes the chances that appear as that may bring him on.

Ohhhhh, Paul Easter v Diego Costa, tasty…………..

Can’t see both of them on the field at the end.

Chas,

The Fijian try was disallowed because he had dropped the ball – but it should not have been.

Why? The only one who can ask for a TV review is the referee, and that should be done if he has any doubt. Once he gives the try then that is it, he should not then ask for a TV review because of the stadium camera shot showing the ball was not properly grounded, and the try should have stood.

With regard to the final England try, the 5th official can, and does, look at the incident from every available angle, and if even one of them shows any part of the ball was on the line that is enough to give a try. If none of them could show what happened because bodies were blocking the view – then tough luck it would not have been a try.

Similarly in cricket, they go though a list of camera angles, and if they are inconclusive, the umpires can check whether there is any sound on the ‘snick-o-meter, as the ball passes the bat to decide whether the batter can be given out caught.
    And finally, if there is a possibility that there may have been an LBW they can look at a computer prediction as to where the ball landed, and whether the projection showed the ball would or would not have hit the wicket.

Imagine a form of that in football — could lead to riots. 🙂

And I forgot to mention the ‘Hotspot’ – a ball touching a glove or the bat leaves a residual white ‘heat’ mark – and that is enough to decide whether the batter is out – or not.

Simples. 😀

36. Now that’s a game winning team selection…. I will be shocked if we lose today. Cech will have a blinder at his old stomping ground,

COY Reds

37. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha. settled in nicely.

Team selection. No complaints. 🙂 Hopefully we take our chances. I mean Theo takes his chances. 😛

COYG. 🙂

Gunnnnners

That handshake moment was a bit …….. awkward.

I do not think Arsene will ever forgive Maureen for his sewer mouth.

Ohh, that Diego is a cheating scandal. Unfortunately Dean is the weakest of referees too. Damn.

RA
    So all of that rules out a fifth official whispering in the ref’s ear that a decision should be overturned?

Also, play to the referee’s whistle would have to be changed, either that or the ref just wouldn’t blow his whistle until the ball has gone dead? (as in Rambo’s offside goal against the dippers).

Coq never touched him

In rugby, Chas, I think the officials do speak to each other – not sure what the rules are – but that seems sensible if the on-field ref misses something, say one player thumps the other, as happened last night when England had a penalty against them for a high tackle.

Do not misunderstand me – I think technology, like the goal line stuff, is fine, but footie is not rugby or cricket, obviously, so the introduction of Techno will have to be very specific – penalty area stuff, maybe?

43. See kelsey, you should be the fifth referee 🙂

Chas, re your 12:59

A down side of the techno revolution might be that footie refs would duck on-field responsibility, like the rugby refs sometimes do, by leaving ‘problem decisions to the video ref. Not good.

So far so good, Sanchez looks hungry. The chavs are playing like the away team – no surprise there. We must not allow them space to hit us on the break.

Peaches is right, Kelsey, you would be great as the Video ref! 🙂

Win or lose it’s a terrific game, heart racing

Anybody but Coquelin to get injured … plllleeeaaassseee 😦

49. Red Arnie says:

not happy with the amount of possession we are giving them in teh final third

Chelsea getting on top.Ozil,Ramsey and Santi need to get stuck in a bit more

51. Agree kelsey, we’re struggling to win the ball back

Fecking Fabregas is on a mission

53. Red Arnie says:

ok, first shot on goal, relatively tame though.

It is Cech who should be on a mission, the dead do not exist except in memories. 🙂

54. Red Arnie says:

yes, well done Cech. poor defending. that was a clear chance.

Is Paul easter mad??

56. Costa or Paul Easter for a red today… fecking hope it’s Costa… he’s a fucking animal

Isn’t Dean a cowardly disgrace?

58. Poooh, bloody Costa!!!!! He’s a danger to all footballers

59. Oh well…. Costa did th wind up and Paul is now off…. game lost… fuck fuck fuck

What a fucking joke.

61. Red Arnie says:

what the f***.

62. Red Arnie says:

absolute disgrace

63. How are the percentages going now?…. Can we do it with ten men… or do we need Costa Cun* to get another yellow to equal it up again… I’m now behind the sofa

Somehow, the smack into Kozzer’s face and the elbow on to his head by Kozzer is missed – and then Costa threatening Gabriel who did nothing is rewarded with a yellow card. Shameful refereeing.

Now technology would have seen Costa sent off for the fouls on Kozzer – and that Gabriel had done nothing.

We need penalty area techno.

Well who would have predicted that

by Kozzer = Costa —- Bollocks.

68. If we come out of this with a point I may be happy….

Terrific half. Two superb teams.

Gabriel has to learn not to be wound up – everybody knows how Costa plays and Gabriel fell for it. Stupid of him.

Very tough red though

Pity, as the game is now spoiled and le Coq is hobbling a bit,I am watching his left knee carefully.
    What will AW do ? One can’t play to defend for 45 minutes against Chelsea,he needs to put on his thinking cap on.

71. Costa is a fecking cunnut…. disgrace to football.

My comment walked 😦

I think the ref will try to make up to us now

73. Who we gonna bring on and take off though?

74. Eddie…. you’re in dreamland… the Ref did his job for Chelsea, best chav on the pitch

Don’t hold your breath, Eddie.

Here you go, Rasp. 🙂

77. Red Arnie says:

Chambo has to come on. for Ozil?

78. Kos should have gone down with the slap… then Paul would still be on the pitch

79. fatgingergooner says:

Don’t count on it Eddie.

Mike Dean is a massive p**ck when it comes to Arsenal.

Was it the swinging arm that got Paulista sent off or something else?

80. Herb'sArmy says:

Nice Pre-Match build up BR,thanks for the read.
    These PL referee’s need knocking down into League One/Two.
    It’s hard enough at the Bridge without dodgy ref’s.
    We can still get something, but Dean has effectively ruined what was a good, even contest.
    I’d take a 0-0.

Bring on Giroud, if nothing else that should confuse everyone

82. He’s put Chambers on for the Coq…. was Coq injured????

83. Now Kos needs to wind up Costa…. get a violent reaction, if they want to play dirty… then so should we… I would.

don’t you read my comments 69 🙂

85. Obviously not oh boufant one 😀

86. My bottle of whisky is taking a battering 🙂

87. Red Arnie says:

had to happen. 😦

88. No one on him…. free header

FFS. That was offside and we have once again been shafted by a referee and linesman.

And it was not a free kick as Ramsey got the ball

90. Come on Gunners…. play dirty… stop being nice boys

91. Red Arnie says:

that was a chance, we can do it

Now we have another injury and a suspension and the games are coming thick and fast.Still think we could nick a point.

Kelsey. Now who is the realist? 🙂

Raddy – me, said yesterday we’d lose

Why did Dean book Chambers? Aren’t we allowed to tackle these blue bastards?

Well we all tell porkies sometimes. Giroud will come on soon and score a scorcer.

Didn’t get the ball

The crime was in not bringing in quality back up for Coquelin, we have to hope he will not be sidelined for long.

If proper review were allowed after the game, Cost would probably also receive a red card and miss games.

Ah, he’s saving Sanchez for next season.

100. Herb'sArmy says:

Hi Kelsey, great to see you up and blogging. Hope all is well.

It’s shameful the way the officials keep mugging us at Chelsea.
    Arsenal need to develop a nasty side, but there’s no blaming Arsene on this one. This is purely down to Costa cheating and Dean favouring the home side.
    If people can’t trust the product being offered to them why should they tune in?

101. Red Arnie says:

ha ha ha ha. what a joke!

102. What the fuck is going on…. two reds…. Santi off… this ref is a joke. They both went for the ball…. Fabregas… another fecking cheat

103. What are the %’s now?

104. Now it would be nice to win this game with nine men….. Redders, as a positivista, what do you think?

Obviously not – no tackles allowed by the AFC. Dean is a total disgrace and has had an awful, awful game.

What a numpty

I wonder how much Abramovich paid this ref?

107. Ridiculous game now 😦

108. We can still do this… COY fecking G’s

109. The pundit on my stream… “I’m not sure what Arsenals game plan is now…” fecking idiot, we still want to win the game or atleast get a draw.

110. Mike Dean is a fecking disgrace to professional refering

How the hell is that animal Costa still on the pitch?

112. Bollox……….. very very disappointed …. I think we can honestly blame the ref on this occasion.

I never thought we would win but to lose in this manner is infuriating.

Who knows how we would have done 11 vs 11 but we were giving as good as we got.

The disgrace of a referee and linesman cost us 3 points.

114. Red Arnie says:

Costa is subbed, Raddy. 😛

115. ha ha… Raddish was too busy hiding behind the sofa 🙂

116. Red Arnie says:

all right, handshake was avoided. no shame in losing in this way. but a sad day for English football, I think.

now onder continentals laugh at out game. I dont blame them.

No wonder English clubs do poorly in Europe.

For me, the blame lies on the English FA. 😦

117. It’s not over…. Dean was a fecking weak ref… Costa should have been off for the slap against Kos…. then the Chelsea players told Dean that Paul Easter should be booked or sent off. Very poor performance by Dean.

118. Arnie… yes mate…. the blame lies with the FA…. they couldn’t have Chelsea being relegated.

119. I’m more upset with that game than I was the game in Zagreb…. not because the boys played badly, but because there was a secret agenda. now, where are my hankies 🙂

Arnie, The blame lies squarely with Mike Dean who lost control (or was bribed). Costa should have been red carded on 3 occasions.

Santi’s first yellow was a joke, so was Chambers.

A more one-sided refereeing performance I have not seen since Chelsea beat Barcelona in the CL semi-final at the Bridge.

Something stinks in the state of Chelsea

I think Arsenal were playing well until that nutcase Costa was excused by the incompetent, and cowardly Dean and allowed to assault Kozzer, and then decided that a yellow card for Gabriel was fair – as he plays for Arsenal.

I don’t usually get mad, but Dean is a straw man terrified of upsetting Maureen, and I am having to try very hard not to use some good old fashioned Anglo-Saxon terminology.

I will settle instead for ‘bastard’! 🙂

122. IanRealGunner says:

Incompetent or corrupt?

chavs should have a pen in the first half

124. Red Arnie says:

no, Evonne, watch it again. Hands were completely wrapped round Easter and he was pulled down.

125. Red Arnie says:

Ian. If it is just incompetence, he should be sanctioned. if not, the buck stops at the FA. For me, at least.

126. Shard says:

About the only thing we did wrong today was conceding from the free kick. But this game was the return of the Dean. It’s so frustrating that we are forced to accept such nonsense from the referees. We might not have won the game if it had stayed 11 v 11, but we had a good chance. Besides, the man advantage should have been ours.

And no eddie. That was no penalty. Hazard was pulling Gabriel as muh as he was blocking him off.

This is English football’s shame. Chelsea once again the beneficiaries and Arsenal once again the victims of a mugging. Mike Dean fixed the obvious stats which showed his cheating stance by not stopping us from winning the previous couple of games, and is now back to doing his real job. Ugh. I’m frustrated. Not by the result but by watching such cheats in the name of football.

127. stevepalmer1 says:

Now now Arsenal fans calm down.
    Everybody knows Arsenal are the dirtiest cheating fouling team playing professional football, what other team has 3 sent off in two games probably no one.

Pundits commentators all saw that vicious kick from Gabriel, they say he deserved to be sent off On Girouds sending off he actually disagreed with the referee scandalous

Santi Cazorla, how can the FA alow this player to play top class football he actually tackled a Chelsea player.

Well well well you should all be ashamed of yourselves.

Personally as a supporter who watches from afar i saw my team work their arses off, down to nine men and still tried to attack, tired legs out there no doubts about that. Chambers was asked to come on a young lad who is starting his career and he fought he chased he defended and he fouled, yes he got a booking but if he is going to get on at Arsenal, he better get used to bookings , i have no doubts he will be picked out by the referee’s committee only one booking, that will change very soon.

What a piece of shite Costa is, those calling for Marquee players, take a long look at that retard and ask yourself would you take him, even at a bargain price of nothing.

128. Shard says:

Now to count the cost. It’s 3 stolen points, 3 gifted points to chelsea, Gabriel with 3 game ban, Santi with a 1 game ban, and probably Coquelin imjured. And incrememtal fatigue from playing more than 90 mins down to 10 men.

Mike Dean will be getting a promotion as Mike Riley’s successor.

If we have to have players banned then Cazorla and Gabriel play in areas of the pitch which we can cover.

Coquelin can have a weeks rest ahead of Leicester.

I am still fuming.

130. Fuming Raddy is an understatement……… I’m ready to go out a kill a couple of Furry Pussies….

Down to 9 men, maybe?

132. Redders, you just have to get in with your little corrections… don’t ya 🙂

133. IanRealGunner says:

Mou has said on BBC that Costa was his man of the match!!!!

134. stevepalmer1 says:

When i stated a few days ago that Arsenal are not ready to win Champions League or Premier League many must have thought what a supporter he is.

Of course i believe that the squad is not big enough and not enough top quality talent but over the years of watching how Arsenal are treated by the media and so called experts . Then be reminded of officialdom that has for many years not favoured us, i have to say that my words have come back as they have many times before.

At crucial stages of European games i have seen some of the worst decisions that supposedly top officials make, for those who say, decisions are balanced out over a season i would remind them of todays outrageous decisions. Yes with Pressure Gabriels 3 game ban will be reduced, but the reason for the sending offs were not due to the football, every week we see tackles from many clubs where even a yellow card looks harsh, but many of those teams will not feature in the prize giving of trophies. Bans will be rescinded how can they not be after watching today but the result will stay the same the points will also stay the same Pundits and commentators opinions will change and the next game we see televised the rules will be different than todays.

For years now i have banged on about football being fixed, its the easiest game in the world to fix, people have been talking for as long as i can remember about brown envelopes but people also said don’t be stupid.

Sep |Blatter the \President of FIFA has had FBI CIA and every other agency in the world probe into his dealings. The world cup draws where countries put in bids , why do countries put in bids in the first place as England went to see the African board member and got him to agree to vote for us even before the committee sat.

If FIFA is adjudged to be bent EUFA will be as well Many’s the time Arsenal have been unfairly treated in their competitions as we probably never offered the right amount, If UEFA is bent then other leagues must be, Italy have been exposed many teams punished but by who Bent FA’s thats who. Our own FA comes under suspicion in my eyes they have always been under suspicion from me. But lets face it a word to the Referee’s association that a certain team will win is easily achieved people do anything to be rewarded, this Ref today will probably head the list for top games if he doesn’t already.

I am dismayed today, but not for the first time as i am still honest, the game is bent and no matter how many Marquee signings we buy we still wont get the decisions.

135. Aaron says:

knew this was coming today.
    chelski plays home in CL
    Arsenal try to fly out of Ukranian airport, airport closed, re-directed get home 4am
    early game, and jailer dean holds he whistle
    then moaninHo tries to run up to Arsene and try and shake hands after Arsene tried to go around someone…classless…that is all that can be said.
    Now, onto the game.
    Arsenal tactically were playing just the right way to win or at worst get a draw.
    Until the toad cracked Kos in the face, knocked him down then Gabriel somehow gets sent off! It was a twilight episode I tell ya.

Team needs to take some pride, and just play that troll off the pitch, don’t care if 5 guys tackle him at once! Seriously, don’t care if my teammates and I all get 3 game bans, that tool never would have made it off any playground anyplace in the world.
    Bould SHOULD be telling these young guys this, to never take this crap lying down.

Hope le Coq ‘s knee is ok, looked minor hyperextension, but he is young and flexible and should be fine with a weeks rest!
    Onward and upward; may the goals start to flow…

Aaron. Well said.

137. Well I watched that in a pub in Pembrokeshire, I was the only supporter of either team present, with out exception everyone in the bar was outraged by the standard of refereeing. It was unanimous that Costa should have been sent off for putting his hands in Koscielny’face. We woz robbed.

Having said that, I think the manager messed up with the subs. Just before Cazorla’s second booking he was running on empty, he was completely knackered and should have been taken off then. As it was he stayed on and got booked for a tired tackle.

It was pointless bringing Giroud on, he was never going to do anything, we should have shored up the defence.

Overall, I thought we did pretty well, although Ramsey was anonymous throughout.

I fear we are now going to suffer due to the manager’s failure to reinforce the squad in the transfer window.

I realise that I will probably get some stick for criticising the manager but that”s how I see it.

Aaron makes a good point.We all know that mourinho’s “man of the match” is a dirty,cheating bastard and AW should have instructed whoever to literally take him out.

First half neither team looked particularly dominant but as we all know all the talk will be about the man in the middle.

When I spoke of injuries yesterday, Coquelin would be the first on my list that I would want to not get injured and now he is added to the list,hopefully short term and of course two further suspensions.
    We have a good few games coming up one after the other and already the squad looks depleted after 6 EPL games.

139. goonerjake says:

The only time we get anything she dean is refereeing is when his hand is forced. That is when any decision other than in our favour would show undeniably he is a cheat. How he must hate it when he is forced to give us decisions for self preservation then again I don’t suppose he’d get taken off, the fa hate us as well……… Saturday Rant!!!!!!!!!

NG

You know I agree with you.There just isn’t any excuse for failure to reinforce the squad as we always are number one in the charts for injuries and there is a referee’s bias against us, today being a prime example.

Norfolk

Where abouts in Pembrokeshire?

142. The Royal Oak. Newport LB. Good ale a a fine bacon roll. 😀

Wham are 2 nil up against Citeh.

NG. Why shore the defence when we are one down? OG is our top scorer.

As to Coq’s injury – isn’t that why Arteta played in Zagreb? In order that our captain could cover for Coq?

145. Redders, they could Nick our fourth place spot.

Don’t we have Flamini as well as temporary back up for Coquelin

147. Oh! Come on BR, we were never going to score at that stage. We might just have kept it to one nil.

A bit earlier, Arteta for Cazorla would have made sense, but the manager decided differently in his wisdom.

NG

Pembrokeshire is beautiful, I love going there. I crisscross it regularly on my bike.

149. Oh yeah right! Flamini the bloke who can’t even get on the bench.

This photo in the Telegraph article looks a bit weird, Koscielny’s head and Costa’s hand look massive…..

151. Our first visit, the scenery is amazing and the weather has been very kind. Sadly we have to go home tomorrow.

One for Terry – Garth in all his glory, getting angry about Mike Dean.

Oh, and he was wrong about the Chelsea players not wanting to get Gabriel sent off the pitch. Costa and Fabregas – wankers.

Thank God our players don’t behave like that.

The SA vs Japan rugby game is just fantastic.

Japan just beat South Africa on the rugby – a much better game than football 😦

156. Raddy… something has to be today 🙂

Thanks ever so much, BR, that finale was incredible.
    Restores your faith in sport.

I hope you watched that rugby game, it was really brilliant.

Maybe we should just concentrate on the rugby for the next few weeks. No cheating refs, no prima donnas, no wanker Mourinho’s. Just men playing sport to the best of their ability in the right sporting spirit

160. Watch out everyone Raddie’s becoming a Rugger Bugger. 😀

161. Does anyone fancy writing a few words for tomorrow’s post?

162. Not me Peaches sorry but I’m still seething over the refereeing and the manager’s shortcomings. Any comments of mine would certainly offend your mum. 😀

163. Well Peaches it looks like you’ve killed the blog, everyone has run for cover.

NG. I have been a rugger bugger ever since my first marriage which was to a Welsher whose father was a fanatical rugby fan and took me to Cardiff Arms Park.

I love the game and one of my top sporting moments is still Wilkinson’s drop goal in Sydney to win the WC, others include Ali vs Foreman, 1966 WC Final, Mo winning the double in the London Olympics – I could go on.

165. So something good came out of your first marriage then. 😀

I’m not one for looking for excuses when we lose but in this case Dean was the problem. We were playing well. I don’t know what his motivation was but this game should be investigated. The only people who don’t see that there was an obvious miscarriage of justice are the chav supporters.

Sorry to harp on, but if the authorities were allowed to review video evidence of Costa’s behaviour up to Gabriel’s sending off after the game, then at the very least he would also receive a 3 match ban.

As it is, the likely punitive action after the game will be against Arsene for his comments after the game.

I can only hope this galvanises the team as in the Vieira/Van Nistelroy/Keown incident did, and I am very much looking forward to entertaining the chavs at the reverse fixture at the Emirates.

Last point … I would remove Fabregas’ banner from the bridge. He over acted and helped get Cazorla sent off – he’s dead to me and I will never consider him an Arsenal great.

Our defeat to WHU doesn’t look so bad now does it?

168. Rasp, good point about the Spanish bloke’s banner .

Spanish bloke out, Spanish bloke out, Spanish bloke out.

Leicester, only unbeaten record left.
    Who do we play next?

170. Oh no! It’s not Leicester is it?

171. No it’s not. We’ve got the Spuddies in the Capital One Cup.

172. The Cockie Monster says:

Fabregas dead ?……………………how ?…..when ?…..who did it ?.

Anyone watch the Japs beat the Springboks ?…….what a game !….what passion !…..what courage !.

What a fall from grace Arsenal have become !…..cant beat Chelsea with our 9 players !.

Why doesn`t Wenger just nut Mourinho ?……..gouge his eyes out !……kick in the bollox !……spunk in his face !….anything !……who cares if Wenger gets a 3 game touchline ban for it !.

Leicester are certainly unbeaten in the C1 Cup, that’s for sure.

Rasp

I know you are upset and get very emotional through passion for our club but you don’t honestly think there will be an investigation or that matches are fixed (said by someone else).Hopefully Costa will get his punishment, but I agree with you that knowing our luck AW will be reprimanded for his remarks about the ref.

Just one point on the game, in fact all season, Ramsey’s shooting is absolutely woeful, the worst I have ever seen from him.

I have other things on my mind but quite honestly I can’t see an upturn in our fortunes this season, even at this early stage.

London is France’s 6th biggest city – bet you didn’t know that 😕

176. fatgingergooner says:

In a weird way this result today could be just the motivation this squad and Wenger needs. Sometimes we look like we aren’t fired up for games, but after being robbed like that by that cheating little tosser Mike Dean we should be fully fired up for the rest of the season. Spurs can’t come soon enough.

Can you believe that Costa did not give away a single free kick this afternoon? If ever there is evidence of Dean’s negligence this is it

178. Peaches

I wouldn’t dare write a post after that match… your Mum woudn’t like it at all at all at all. loads of FFs and CCs and PPuuuussys .. she would be shocked and telling you to stop this blogging malarky…

I am still extremely violent………. my dog has suffered! This game needs to be examined by the FA… truly appalling ref,,

Not that I’ll be watching it anyway.

181. fatgingergooner says:

I’ve always felt that refs are one of the main contributors to the diving that goes on in football and the incident today says it all. If Koscielny goes down holding his face then Costa would’ve been sent off and we probably win the game. Instead, Koscielny was honest and the incompetent Mike Dean was left to deal with the issue and we ended up with a farcical decision.

It’s no wonder players dive and fake injuries as they can’t risk refs having to make judgement calls, so they basically take matters into their own hands to get the outcome they want.

Video refs are in nearly every sport now except football. Crazy.

182. IanRealGunner says:

Costa is like that really angry bloke in the pub who always starts fights with strangers but then disappears when the police arrive

183. The new sponsorship on the Chelsea shirts says it all>>>>

YOKO_HOMO….. homosexuals are renowned for being overly agressive and violent when they are unaware of there true sexuality… just look at Ronnie Kray!

184. Bayonne Jean says:

By the way, did anyone check out fourth official Michael Oliver before the match? There’s Mourinho, waiting at the end of the tunnel onto pitch side to draw attention to himself and shake hands with AW, who wants no part of it. Oliver looks over his shoulder and shifts to his right, subtly forcing AW into Mourinho’s path to shake hands with that purulent pile of vomit. After it, Oliver looks up with a shit eating grin on his mug!

185. fatgingergooner says:

For those who don’t give two shits what those two shits on motd think about Diego Costas cheating then Rugby World Cup highlights are just starting on itv4. A chance to re-live the amazing Japan victory.

Thanks Raddy.

So dissapointed. I dont blame Costa. A close examination of that man would resolve the issue of the missing link. I am just surprised there is not a mob of Anthropologists parked outside his house angry they are denied access to his cranium

Dean however can not use the excuse of a hairy back or the constant desire to break into a Butchers. The only people that like that man are fellow nappy wearing enthusiasts and those whos hobby is the perfect allignment of double yellow lines

Chelsea are such a horrible club. everything about them stinks.

To think that when they were shit I had a soft spot for them. Back in the eighties I noticed a correlation between there joke performances and my sexual prowess. I used to get it a lot in the eighties. I recall one particular game were Micky Droy scored two own goals. I had the night of my life

This is a true story. I actully wrote a letter to there then chairman Ken Bates thanking him for enhancing my sexual vigour through there carp like results and begged him to extend Micky Droys contract.

About a week letter I got a letter from a firm of solicitors threatening legal action for defamation. I responded by writing that what I was saying was true and that they should watch a Chelsea game and see for themselves. A few days later Chelsea got mashed 4-0 by Plymouth and I didnt hear anything back. They were probably to busy shagging

Not sulking
    Do have proper wifi but only one hand and a mobile because I’m in effing hospital having broken arm
    Did a good job an all
    Bones pointing out
    Got stacks of morphine then helicopter air ambulance
    That was cool
    Rugger man now 😀

Shit, hope all ok.

Excellent cheer up vids 😀

This is true English anger at full force…….

Ooooops, I just realised Owen Jenkins doesn’t sound like a particularly English name. 🙂

Good god Micky, ouch, ouch ouch!!!! Sorry to hear of your accident. Enjoy the morphine and hope you recover quickly.

Morning All

Micky, this sounds terrible – I hope it wasn’t your best arm

I don’t know how anyone else is feeling this morning, but I have this overwhelming sense of pointlessness as far as football goes.

You eagerly await the next game, two well-matched teams are playing a fairly end to end and attractive spectacle, then it suddenly it all becomes a joke decided by cheating and incompetence.

I know I’ll be up for an away trip to Leicester next weekend but at the moment I couldn’t give a rat’s arse. What’s the point when shite like that determines a football match?

On the bright side, plenty of rugby on today. The France v Italy game was nothing to the SA v Japan, but the two national anthems were magnificent. We need a new one desperately.

Off for gym and swim.

Here this will take your minds off of things — the last few minutes of the Japan Saffa game.

Morphine
    Sensation of flying
    Bells must be clanging Big

😀 😀 Happy Days…..

198. Gosh Micky that sounds awful, poor you, I wish you a speedy recovery x

Losing to a team containing a psychopath and some players with no sense of ‘play up and play the game’, and instead live by the motto ‘cheat to win’ is bad enough, but to listen to the inane comments of the idiot ex-players extolling the ‘manly’ virtues of Costa, and then the truly sickening comments of that big girls blouse Maureen is appalling beyond reason.

bloody hell micky! how did you do it? Did you go to see Costa after the game?

Micky,

We need details. Were you showing the 9 year olds how to play rugby? Did you hit the morphine before breaking the aforementioned limb? What happened?

In any event – hope you recover soon, and the cast does not get too itchy. 🙂

chas – good!!! at long last you beginning to see what the sober fans go through season after season

The whole weekend has been ruined, cannot watch MoTD,, no fan watching other games….3 days of fear of Tottenham on Wednesday. I wish I had some morphine

I remember once after a surgery I and other women on the ward were given morphine. Others were glad the pain was gone, me had time of my life, loved it and asked promptly for more 🙂

Micky – can we visit you in hospital?

Micky – can we visit you in hospital? That’d be fun

204. The Cockie Monster says:

Some injured surfer bastard made me late delivering pies down in Cornwall !.

205. fatgingergooner says:

Free helicopter ride and free morphine. Sounds like a fair trade as long as it’s not your w**king arm!

Speaking of w**kers, I can’t get over Mike Deans incompetence and the fact he loves to be centre of attention. I can deal with Maureen as I expect nothing less from that cretin, but im sick of Dean and his pantomime villain act. His job is to be anonymous and to let the players play, yet time after time I’ve seen him ruin Arsenal games just so can have a bit of limelight. Time for him to hang up the whistle, but not before tying it round his own neck.

206. fatgingergooner says:

Some Chelsea-esque cheating going on by Europe in the Solheim Cup. Disappointing.

207. Where’s the post mortem? Is there not someone angry enough to make a Sunday Rant?

208. Red Arnie says:

sorry to hear that Micky. that sounds really hard. Wish you a quick recovery.

Here is the musings of a deflated fan: not with his team but with the way football has been allowed to descend into farce!!

A match which most of us had looked forward to with both hope and uncertainty over the result, became instead all about neanderthal man Costa and the weak, incompetent referee Dean.

On a more prosaic level, the game was decided when we as a team fell to a sucker punch by allowing Gabriel to be provoked into a tame back-heeled foot flick towards his tormentor Costa, who swiftly screamed like a wimp to Dean what had happened, and allowing Dean, who clearly had not seen it, to walk away and become surrounded by other Chelsea demanding a red card which he then produced with his usual dramatic flourish.

Where was the Arsenal captain while this was going on – who the hell was the Arsenal captain in the absence of the injured Herman the German. Why it was the diminutive Cazzor who was conspicuous by his lack of leadership.

If anything, at anytime in a game required a firm no-nonsense word by the captain to Gabriel instructing him to cool it and not allow himself to be gulled into a red card that was it.

The despicable unbalanced Maureen gloated after the game that Costa was his MoTM, and as a physical, cheating embodiment on the pitch, of the twisted perverse mentality of the balding Machiavelli, then Costa was indeed that.

It seemed to many, and not just biased Gooners, that the incompetent Dean seemed to be frightened to admonish Costa, either for fear of the physical threat to himself on the pitch, or the verbal lambasting he would receive off the pitch by the puppet master, and allowed the nutcase free reign to do his malevolent worst on the pitch.

It is easy for those wishing to knock the Arsenal manager but this behaviour, which had such a catastrophic effect on the result of the match, cannot be legislated for by one manager by himself, and also to ignore the obvious that if Costa had been sent off for the original face smacking head banging assault on Kozzer, then Maureen’s MoTM boy friend would have been in the bath and not on the pitch.

It would not be fanciful to believe that Wenger and not Maureen would have been celebrating victory if the referee had done what was demanded by the rules of the game, and not chickened out.

This whole debacle did not bring credit on anyone, certainly not the Chelsea or their hormonally challenged manager, and in fairness, Arsenal need to look at themselves too, for being poorly captained, and unprofessionally naïve in being so predictably provoked, and finally, the sheer weak, incompetent and disastrous refereeing was, as Arsene said, was totally unacceptable and needs to be urgently addressed.

Rasp/Peaches if there are no takers, you can use this as a point for discussion. 😀

210. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Just seen Micky’s comment, Broken Arm with bones pointing in all directions, Is this true Micky or are you leading up to a story.

If its true, very sorry to hear that mate, get well soon.

Getting back to yesterdays result, and with Micky in mind, made me feel as if i wanted to break bones. Many of us follow the Arsenal and some could call us fanatics because we do it all the time, But i like to believe that we all have a sense of fairness, and when beaten by the better side , we are quick to point out where things went wrong.

Many of us are quick to point out our deficiencies, without taking anything away from the victors, but on some occasions a game like yesterdays come along, and a sense of injustice ensues us.

I am a very bad loser, something a lifetime of sport has left me with. But now and again i find that the actions or non action of our players cannot be the vent of my anger.

Sports played usually have a referee umpire or some sort of official to make the competitors play fair. In boxing he is also there to make sure of peoples health as well. In snooker we see them watch a players cuff or decide if it is a touching ball. In football a referee and his 3 officials have the field of play pretty much covered, the referee watches the ball in motion and could in all honesty miss off the ball incidents, he also cannot be responsible for offside decisions as he very seldom is not in a straight line of play, so line judges are put in place to make those decisions, touchline technology is in place for any touchline decisions. But we also have a fourth official who overlooks the other happenings the others may miss.

Why in this day and age, are blatant happenings, not seen by at least one of these judges, when all around see them as clear as day. for a national sport of a country, its handling has a lot to be answered.

And if you do …. here is the edited version! 🙂

A match which most of us had looked forward to with both hope and uncertainty over the result, became instead all about the neanderthal man Costa and the weak, incompetent referee Dean.

On a more prosaic level, the game was decided when we as a team fell to a sucker punch by allowing Gabriel to be provoked into a tame back-heeled foot flick towards his tormentor Costa, who swiftly screamed like a wimp to Dean complaining about what had happened, and allowing Dean, who clearly had not seen it, to walk away, glance over at Maureen, and having become surrounded by other yelling Chelsea players demanding that a red card should be administered, which he then produced with his usual dramatic flourish.

Where was the Arsenal captain while this was going on – who the hell was the Arsenal captain, in the absence of the injured Herman the German. Why, it was the diminutive Cazzor who was conspicuous by his lack of leadership.

It seemed to many, and not just biased Gooners, that the incompetent Dean seemed to be too frightened to admonish Costa, either for fear of the physical threat to himself on the pitch, or the verbal lambasting he would receive off the pitch by the puppet master, and allowed the nutcase free reign to do his malevolent worst on the pitch.

This whole debacle did not bring credit on anyone, certainly not the Chelsea or their hormonally challenged manager, and in fairness, Arsenal need to look at themselves too, for being poorly captained, and unprofessionally naïve in being so predictably provoked, and finally, the sheer weak, incompetent and disastrous refereeing was, as Arsene said, totally unacceptable and needs to be urgently addressed.

Morning all,

I cannot stand injustice and yesterday’s game was a travesty.

Costa should have received a straight red for the hand in Koscielny’s face and pushing him to the ground.

Did Dean see it?

If he did, he should have given the red. If he didn’t it can be reviewed and retrospective ban be imposed.

If he gave a yellow for the incident, he is not enforcing the laws of the game correctly as it is a straight red category.

So Gabriel comes in to protect Kozzer, Costa and his team mates make it look like Costa is the victim and so the ref gives both players a yellow.

Costa and Gabriel walk backwards away from the incident and Costa suddenly goes mad claiming Gabriel stamped on him.

The ref doesn’t see it. Several chav players surround the ref to inflame the situation. The ref consults the lino and issues a straight red – not a second yellow leading to a red.

I haven’t seen any video footage of Gabriel stamping on Costa. Even if he did, would that have been any worse than Costa pushing Koscelny in the face?

What exactly did the lino see? – or was he, like Dean, just getting sucked in by the preposterous claims of the Chelsea players?

Arsenal must contest Gabriel’s red card – it should be downgraded to a yellow or removed completely. We should also ask for Costa’s behaviour to be reviewed and subject to disciplinary action if he is found to have broken the laws of football.

Dean cannot come out of this with any credit. He allowed himself to be influenced by the players instead of going on what HE actually saw. He should not officiate on any other PL games until this has been properly reviewed.

213. Red Arnie says:

good job, Redders.

I agree with chas and Micky. A game like yesterday’s just makes you want to give up on football and follow a properly administered game like rugby 😦

215. Red Arnie says:

well, Rasp, that is true. But is that not a major source of the problem in the first place? The game of football has become too tribal and win-at-all-costs, rather than a spirit of fair play which afflicted rugby till some time back.

This gives rise to this English fascination with playing and supporting a robust game, which many would argue is more rugby than football.

Nah, not for me. Football, especially English football, needs to reform itself than within. Much like what rugby has done, what cycling is doing, and so on.

216. stevepalmer1 says:

Blinding Rant RA, your wording is second to none, i wish i had your vocabulary. A post to be proud of, and detailed as well, Blinding comment about the Captains roll only brought to my attention by this fine post.

Of course after the event, this point is very relevant and i wonder why none of us had mentioned it before. As said a captains job is to represent his team and show leadership, although i feel that the badness was all Chelsea, we definitely lacked leadership in the face of adversary.

217. The Cockie Monster says:

218. I’ve got a Rant on GunnersoreArse…….. I’ve taken a liberty and posted RA’s comments at 10.16am……… hope you don’t mind Redders, you do it so much better than me.

Arnie, I believe you are a relative newcomer to supporting a football club (= 20 years or less). I can assure you that football was far more ‘tribal’ in the past.

Desmond Morris describes it in his book The Soccer Tribe. The fight for survival and the conflicts which had taken place previously on the battlefield were now being fought out on a weekly basis in football grounds in the 70s and 80s. Human beings are tribal by nature – look at the conflicts in Africa and The Middle East, national boundaries are less important than tribal boundaries. Civilisation is the means by which we are supposed to curb tribal rivalry.

I was talking about a specific problem in a specific game. This is a situation we may be able to do something about. You are talking about a problem with society in general – good luck in solving that one 🙂

220. Arnie… where does violence and provocation play a part in Cycling???

221. stevepalmer1 says:

Desmond Morris, explains a million years of man’s evolution from hunters to footballers all in a matter of seconds. What he never explained was how some men never evolve. (Costa)

Just read that Coquelin will be out for 4 weeks. This may not be true.

The worst aspect of yesterday’s game may well be the injury to Coquelin.

Certainly the worst oversight in the TW was not recruiting adequate cover for Le Coq. That is one position where there were plenty of adequate candidates available – we just chose not to take advantage … a big mistake in my eyes.

Arteta has shown that he has too many miles on the clock to be a good enough sub for Coq. Unless he has deteriorated markedly, I would think that Flamini would be a better sub for Le Coq – and I speak as a fan of Arteta 🙂

223. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Rasp, some fine comments this morning.
    Coquelin was always going to become a problem this season. The man has been immense since he came back, My MOTM in every game he has played. It was inevitable that at some point in this season he would get injured as he epitomises defending with skills beyond his years.

Coquelin will be missed if he is out for some time and rightly so, you have questioned his cover. I feel many of us who believe we are not ready to win the biggest trophies, expected him to miss parts of the season, i know i certainly did.

Whatever the reasons Arsenal have, for leaving this position uncovered is a mystery, but while we get by with a make shift squad we will never win top honours.

Arsenal show flair we have brought in what i believe is flair players lots of them but our backbone is weak, so will over a season be punished. With a full Team of our best players we are a match for any team, but only a few changes reduce us to also rans.

Our injury problems have been the same for as long a i can remember, that in itself dictates the season we will have, and quite honestly, does not bode well in a consistency review. Top four is where our mentality is aimed last sixteen in Europe.

But still we are classed in the top ten most wealthiest clubs so not all is lost.

224. Shard says:

Oh dear. Take care Micky. How’d you manage that?

I don’t agree with this talk of poor captaincy etc, or even of gabriel falling into costa’s trap. The only person who fell, or likely willingly jumped, into costa’s trap was the referee.

The same referee who shooed santi, our captain, away for daring to talk to him.

Also, if we’re talking about our team not doing the same nonsense that Chelsea pulled, we’ve already lost the battle. We’ve accepted that our class and style won’t win. Maybe it’s true, but I supportnArsenal because we act in a manner which shows somethings are more important than winning.

The fact that gabriel was sent off while Costa could paw at kos and him and generally do whatever he liked on the pitch is not to Arsenal’s discredit. It is to Dean’s and the administration that allows him to behave in such a way without any action. It also shows what Chelsea are about. I’d be ashamed to call myself a football fan let alone a fan of Arsenal, if we behaved like that.

225. Shard says:

Also, about Coquelin. Name me one team that doesn’t have a group of 4-5 players who are irreplaceable in the sense that their replacements offer quite a drop off in quality.

Yes, i wanted a coq mkII. But there’s the options of playing Arteta (who will do better with Ramsey alomgside) and flamini, and even chambers there. For a short term, this should be good enough.

226. david says:

Don’t blame the ref blame Arsenal for not exploiting Costa’s obvious weaknesses.

227. Shard says:

Yes. Let’s forego football training and let’s instead send our guys to theatre and diving school. That’s the mark of a true modern football manager. Who cares about the football eh?

228. fatgingergooner says:

I remember some of the bans dished out and the absolute outrage in the press when Keown jumped all over van Nistelrooy a few years ago. I’m yet to see any sign that Chelsea and Costa will suffer a similar fate.

If the FA are so spineless that they won’t deal with the issue themselves, then I would have no problem with Arsenal going back to the days of Vieira, Keown and co and start bullying teams off the pitch.

You have to admit that we do seem to lack a bit of leadership and physicality in the middle of the pitch. Playing the likes of Cazorla, Ramsey, Özil, Walcott and Sanchez in the same team doesn’t exactly help. Where is the Matic, or Pogba, or Yaya to add some power and height in there? There is no presence in our midfield. Coquelin is great, but he’s more a terrier than a tiger! It’s an old problem and an old argument, but as Rasp points out, one that still hasn’t been addressed.

229. Shard says:

Motd extra praising Diego Costa and not a word on Mike Dean so far. This is why England will never win anything, and why Enhland will not do well in the Champions League either.

The entire establsihmemt supports cheating and violent behaviour. This is the reality of english football and unless Arsenal can somehow overcome the odds, this is making me question my desire for watching the league.

230. fatgingergooner says:

Funny though Shard, I don’t remember them supporting it when Arsenal were doing it 10-15 years ago.

How things have changed.

231. wally says:

Disappointing yesterday. Gabriel was poor and dean was poorer still.

We’re going to find out what this team is made of. How much steal is really there. Are they going to jump up and grab things by the throat and throttle them or are they going to melt in the face of the heat of the adversity.

I think it’s also defining for Wenger. He’s made some personnel decisions in the off season that may have an impact on the coming weeks. HIs leadership is about to be sorely tested.

232. Shard says:

Fgg

They said if you switched walcott and costa around then the result would have been in Arsenal’s favour.
    No it wouldn’t, because costa would have been sent off half an hour into the game if he played for us. He wouldn’t be praised as clever and tough, but called naive and stupid if he had on an arsenal shirt. In fact, exactly what they are calling us now.

The facts don’t affect their narrative, and the referees are never talked about as a problem. The real issue yesterday wasn’t costa or gabriel or santi’s caotaincy. Te issue is that the referees allowed a cheat to prosper and acted as his protector. But the media would rather stick with the same narrative that preached greater sympathy for shawcross than Ramsey. That bayed for Eduardo’s blood for being a dirty foreign diver who moaned after having his leg snapped by an honest english lad. It’s disgusting.

233. Shard says:

By the way, i disagree that Arsenal under Wenger were ever dirty. Vieira, Adams, Keown et al weren’t shy of standing up for themselves, but were never going out to dirty up the game. They were fantastic footballers and the supposed dirtiness is all the english media could think to criticise tham for.

Costa is a cheat and a coward who is protected by the refeees and allowed to hit, choke and stamp on players with abandon. He isn’t worthy to even lick the boots of the likes of Vieira.

234. stevepalmer1 says:

If anybody is reading this, i did answer the call late last night for a post, i have made a mistake of the sending off, but a post never the less..

Now i know that a few have posted blinded comments this morning but if you ask for help and do not bother to air them , don’t ask for help.

Bloody hell Micky, really sorry mate. Youve seen my limp. Make sure that when they fix it its straight. After my op they showed me an X Ray and the bones looked like Charles Bronson face.

Still gutted about yesterday but thinking about it this morning its what I expected. Chelsea and Dein can go fuck themselves.

Sorry Steve, I didn’t know you’d sent a post. I’m probably the only AA’er at work today 😦

Any way, it’s published …..

…. New post everyone

Chas
    Saw your depondent comment
    Quit football while rugger is on
    Blog here
    We’ll get over it
    Still one hand in hosptal