Aaron Ramsey: Take a chance on me

Given the very late win by Aston Villa last night this is becoming a critical game for QPR. 3 points adrift of safety with some tough games ahead, they are struggling.

The number of teams who come up from the Championship only to return the following season are legion, Leicester are doomed and I fear QPR will have the same fate. Leicester came up as champions with 102 points yet are rooted to the bottom of the PL, QPR arrived through the play-offs, retained most of their squad, added Caulker, Mutch, Fer and Sandro for a combined cost of €30m and still struggle – proof once again of the gap in quality between the two divisions.

In Charlie Austin they have a fine player who is the fulcrum of their attack. Barton is missing through suspension which will probably mean Sandro the violent ex-Spud will start. Hope our players are wearing titanium shin pads and ankle protection.

Unknown-1

Essential kit when playing against Sandro

I think it is indicative of QPR’s ambitions that they have installed Chris Ramsey as manager – though sacking Harry was a major positive!

On paper we should win this. The bookies are offering 6/1 for a home win! We have taken 18 points out of 21, OG is scoring regularly, Ozil has 5 assists from 12 games,  ….  you know all the positives and negatives of this Arsenal team.

But before we get too confident – we have won just one out of our last 7 visits to Loftus Rd. A preposterous return.

Arsenal:  Ramsey is back in the squad and I would give him an hour tonight ahead of the MU game at the weekend. I believe we are a better team with Ramsey than without and if that results in dropping (rotating) Santi, Alexis or Ozil then so be it. This has not been Aaron’s best season thanks to disruption with injury but he remains our best box-to-box MF. I would give Cazorla a rest and bring him on in the last 15 minutes to enjoy himself.

Coquelin? Other players have performed with a smashed bugle and the lad is no oil painting anyway. If he can breathe he should start.

My Team:

Ospina

Bellerin     BFG     Gabriel      Monreal

Ramsey    Coquelin

Ozil   Alexis

Walcott     Giroud

Once again we have a very strong bench.

The only reason which I foresee Arsenal losing this game is over-confidence.

This is another game where none of the opposition players would get into the Arsenal squad, let alone starting 11 (perhaps Austin). But we are Arsenal and things do not always go as we hope, too often the side over-complicate or make stupid defensive mistakes. If we continue to be less concerned with possession and more concerned with efficient use of the ball we will win, however ….. this Arsenal team is so damned unpredictable.

I am 55% confident

COYRRG

Written by Big Raddy

169 Responses to Aaron Ramsey: Take a chance on me

Nice one, BR.

Rambo should shave that appalling beard off, it’s holding him back.
    I’d imagine Le Coq will play with a Phantom of the Opera mask shielding his ‘smashed bugle’. 🙂

Loftus Road is a rat’s weasel of a ground. Awful playing surface, noisy crowd hanging over the pitch and Rangers always raise their game 30% against us. We need to be able to play our way out of the high press . Early goal and one every ten minutes thereafter should do it. 🙂

Excellent stuff, Randy, 🙂

I have my fingers, and my toes and my legs all crossed to match my eyes that we don’t have one of those ‘we coulda, shoulda, woulda’ won that game against a dead club still struggling to survive.

[Apologies, VCC, but the bell is tolling for QPR] 🙂

So often I have heard the ‘we will by 2 or 3 goals’ and variants, only to lose some diabolical referee horror show, or a wind assisted swing of the boot shot from50 yards etc.

Not tonight please – do not tempt fate, any of you inclined to be gung-ho with your predictions. 🙂

I think Rambo has been sporting a beard growing from the top of his head, Chas, and unlike Samson, it is causing him to tread water. 🙂

GoonerB,

Your earlier comment that my music list sounded like a lonely heart ‘cri de coeur’ is just…… oh sooo true!! 🙂

Big and ugly ain’t the way to go!! Tho’ any woman matching that description would be acceptable. 🙂

chas. I agree. Hipster beards are so last year

6. fatgingergooner says:

This game ties in quite nicely with yesterday’s post. Do we rotate for QPR or for the United FA Cup game?

I would prefer us to make only a couple of changes for tonight as the PL is more important than the FA Cup in my view.

Ospina
    Bellerin Paulista Kozzer Gibbs
    Coquelin
    Walcott Ox Cazorla Welbeck
    Giroud

I’m not sure QPR away is an Özil type game so I would prefer the pace and work rate of players like Welbeck and Ox. Also, Sanchez hasn’t been at his best so maybe I would give him a few days off and unleash him at OT.

7. ‘morning all, nice one BR, as always, but I’m going to disagree with your back four. As I said yesterday “don’t sod about with the defensive unit” so I’ll vote for FGG’s instead. In fact I’ll go further and agree with his entire team.

Off for a swim now, back later.

Thank you Raddy – an excellent hors d’oeuvre’s for match day as ever.

Yep, which Arsenal will turn up is the question once again. I’d be quite happy to see the Arsenal that beat Everton – but playing with more fluidity and confidence.

I am intrigued by your choice of CB pairing – I’d think that you have gone for the least likely of the 3 options …. we will have to wait and see.

I would imagine that this game has equal importance to the manu game on Sunday in Arsene’s mind.

I agree that we need to try to get Rambo back into the form of last season and the only way to do that is to give him time on the pitch.

9. PV4 says:

I’d be tempted to play Theo – he is probably pissed at no starts and as we all know in the Prem, speed is king.

Thanks Raddy. I have a couple of key points regarding who plays tonight and where.

Walcott’s recent lack of playing time could be a cause for concern (only for those that rate him and want him to stay at the club obviously). My views on Giroud’s limitations in his mobility and pace as a striker and how that sometimes hampers us are well documented. I always feel that Giroud’s limitations are less apparent when he plays with Theo. I feel Theo is the best suited player we have to minimise Giroud’s limitations and, of all our attacking players, he seems to have the best instinctive game to work off Giroud, and is the best we have at making runs beyond him. It has bothered me that AW has used them together so little.

Hopefully Theo and Giroud will get a chance together to see if this is the case.

My other view is regarding Rambo. I have said this before and I probably stand alone in this but I don’t see Rambo as our best box to box player. I get the work rate and engine side of it but other than that I personally feel the rest of his game limits his effectiveness here. I always feel that Rambo lacks a bit of pace for the role.

I feel this player should be an excellent ball carrier (among other things) so that they can carry the ball from deeper positions up the pitch before releasing a runner. Santi does this with nifty footwork. TR7 and Jack both do it very well by turning / spinning away from closely attending opposition players and using a burst of pace to take them away up the field leaving said oppo players chasing them the wrong side of the ball. I would rather see any of these 3 playing deeper than Rambo as I feel they control the midfield better.

I always feel Rambo gets caught in possession a bit too much in these deeper dangerous positions and also that his longer range passing is not as good as his shorter slide rule passing. I feel Rambo has something of the Lampards about him and is potentially our most clinical goal-scoring midfielder. As such I would prefer him higher up the pitch where he can into and around the box more. Unfortunately this is the number 10 role that is Ozil’s currently and I don’t see AW giving Rambo a go in that role ahead of Ozil.

I find that a shame because I actually feel Rambo has the basic passing game that he can develop more to add to his eye for goal to make that role his own. His work rate can then be better used closing players down quickly and trying to win the ball back higher up the pitch. As I say I probably standalone in that view though.

BG. You make a good point about Ramsey’s passing. I feel we have a player who does the simple things well. I am sure a stat person can find his pass accuracy.

The reason I went for BFG & Gabriel is that BFG had a rest on Sunday and Koscielny could use one. Gabriel can (supposedly) play both side of CB.

Though Chambers could well take that role.

Also, it may be time to give Rocky a start as opposed to being our super-sub, then bring Ramsey on later

Or …. as has been said, Alexis could also use a rest and the Ox is not I’m my team so …..

Excellent BR.

I hadn’t realized how bad our record has been at Loftus Road – that’s a bit of a worry.

Like Rasp, I’m not sure about the CBs. I don’t like the idea of lots of chopping and changing in those positions. I reckon AW will go with Kozzer and Paul Easter again.

Incidentally, I like the title of the Post.

Let’s hope that Loftus Road isn’t our Waterloo and that the Winner – us – Takes It All.

14. Ah, that was a lovely swim.

I’d be a bit worried with Ramsey starting tonight, is he actually match fit? You can bet that QPR will go all out to stifle our mid-field and that could include a few wild tackles, not the sort of thing our boyo needs at the moment.

Thirty minutes, after the game has settled down a bit, would be about right for him.

Tonight’s referee is Kevin Friend, the most respected referee of the Select Group. Kevin is a very fair man, seldom gets a decision wrong and is not the slightest bit biased against Arsenal, we can expect the very highest standard of refereeing from him this evening. Well, that should butter up the one-eyed b*****d a bit. 😀

15. arnie says:

Lovely one, Raddy. 🙂 55% does me fine. hard battle on hand. COYG. 🙂

Theo and Giro, hmmm, sounds tasty. If Santi or Ozil needs a rest, why not TR7?

Rambo, well not sure. 60 mins for me. COYG. 🙂

16. Vintage Gooner says:

I must say for tonight I would want to rest Koz, not just for Man U but as protection to enable him to last the season. In central defence there is a case for perming any two from BFG, Gabriel (our guardian angel) and Chambers. I would rest on the bench both Santi and Alexis and I would expect not more than an hour but preferably only 45 minutes from Aaron probably in the place of Ox.

So my team:- Ospina
    Bellerin BFG Gabriel Monreal
    Coquelin Rosicky
    Ox
    Walcott Giroud Welbeck

As to my best team when all fit

Ospina
    Bellerin BFG/Gabriel Koz Monreal
    Coq
    Aaron Santi
    Ozil
    Giroud Alexis

Midfield to play as a diamond and wing backs to remember both forward and defensive duties at all times.

17. wally says:

We need a good result today. It keeps the PL momentum going and is important for the weekend.
    I think it may be a rugged game and a win against that type of play helps the team confidence.
    Gabriel showed well enough on the weekend. The more he plays the better he’ll get. Does he play today? Kos could probably use a rest. We’ll see.

18. fatgingergooner says:

Apparently we’ve only lost 2 of our last 54 against bottom half teams. Now that is impressive. Hope it carries on tonight.

Wow, only 55% Raddy.
    Regardless of our PL away record against them W1 – L1 – D3 and only gaining 33.3% of the points I’m still extremely confident of a victory. QPR are on the way back down and without Arry they are a team without a leader so for that reason I can only see a win for us.

Away record should read W1-L2-D3

This is from Arsenal.com –
    ……………………………………………………………………………..

Wenger – Coquelin has surprised me

Arsène Wenger admits Francis Coquelin’s renaissance has even taken him by surprise.

The 23-year-old was out on loan at Championship side Charlton Athletic when he was recalled in December following an injury to Mikel Arteta.

Since then he has established himself as a key member of the first team, and Wenger is delighted with his progress.

Arsène Wenger

“It is a surprise to everybody,” the manager said. “The only thing I do is that I never say never to anybody. In my job you have to be open-minded like that. You have to make decisions at times. But never close the door completely for anybody.

“He was not [in my plans at the start of the season]. I told him to give absolutely everything until Christmas, then we would see together where he was. If you respect that you have done a big part of your job.

“In myself, [I thought] if he doesn’t play at Christmas at all, and there’s only six months of his contract to go, I [would] let him go somewhere else.

“He wasn’t happy when I called him back [from Charlton]. He played there and he thought I just called him back as cover. He expected in fact to play against QPR and was not playing and was surprised when I played him against West Ham.

“He knows it’s an opportunity for him now. Sometimes when you wait for such a long time to get your chance and you get it… the human being is a strange animal – the more you have suffered before, the more you enjoy it.

“On that front I think he has gone through a lot of doubt, questioning himself, certainly at many times being discouraged that he didn’t get a chance. Now that he has a chance he doesn’t want to let it slip away. But he is a winner and he wants to win – that’s why he is so committed.”

Wenger believes a key factor in Coquelin re-emergence has been his ability to play to his strengths at the base of the midfield.

“I think he analysed well what he is good at, defending in midfield,” the manager said. “He was in between the playmaking position and being a box-to-box player, but he is not that – he’s a sitting player who can win the ball.

“He restricted his game to that and you make success in life with what you’re good at. You don’t have all the qualities but you have to express what you’re good at and he’s good at that.”

22. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, nice one Raddy, Your choice of team is probably right Raddy, you have an uncanny insight into what Wenger is thinking, But i don’t like that line up.

Ramsey got injured and came back with a loss of form i would even say he was a liability, but Wenger stuck by him until he got injured again, What Ramsey will turn up, i doubt he has played a reserve game so his match fitness will be crap, he would probably only last till the seventy subs time, he will try and show his box to box role and be robbed many times, i would stick with Santi and Zorro. God forbid we rest Sanchez for the idle Walcott bad enough losing a grafter who will run and chase all game, for a fly by night back passer who disappears,.

Many will say play them, as we have to play them at some time, maybe a team at the bottom seems like a good time but 3 points must be our goal.

Bonsoir

Great work Raddy and Chas. Sorry to have completely missed yesterdays fine post and chit chat.

Before I go away next time I will appoint my official tactics bollocks mouthpiece in a kind of power of attorney kind of way, only without the power or the attorney. It’ll be GoonerB.

I’d start Ox and Mozart, but wherever I suggest Mozart starts, the Vines will “teeth me”, so I’m not saying 🙂

Steve, We have the squad and it is time to rotate allowing important players rest ahead of the run-in.

In the old days a player could and would play 60+ games a season, today this is unlikely to happen as the fitness levels are so much higher.

In the team I chose above I would make a couple of changes bringing in Rosicky and Ox in place of Ramsey and Alexis. When writing early in the morning judgement is impaired!

Micky 🙂 🙂 How weird is that!

Connected by cosmic atoms and shit is what we are 🙂

Chas wrote of his dislike for Loftus Rd, I always enjoyed the place.

In my day (how sad) we away fans sat in the upper tier behind the goal. It was not great because the stand is so close to the pitch that if you were near the back you couldn’t see the goal below you very well – especially if people stood up.

I enjoyed the walk from Shepherds Bush to the ground or from the tube station by the BBC building. Always good banter to be had.

I read that the Bush itself has become gentrified with a huge shopping mall – shame.

Gong baths have that effect

More like years of dedication to abuse have unlocked dark parts 🙂

It probably explains why I know so much more about football than anyone else still alive 🙂

Raddy
    It’s called The Westfield Shopping Centre. An old leftie hippy like you would love it. It’s heaving with Prada and Gucci and all sorts of nice things

BR
    The School End today probably isn’t any different to back in your day. 🙂

‘Sicky playing and BFG Gabriel. 🙂

Kos was limping near the end of Everton again, so great that he gets a rest.

Martinez on the bench. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I was close. Disappointed not to see Ox start.

Strange that TPIG not on the bench. Has he been smoking again?

37. arnie says:

hmmm. tasty. Santi, TR7, Ozil, Alexis. 🙂

whatever happened to Szcz?

Has chas been in the gong bath or has he also had years of dedication to abuse?

39. stevepalmer1 says:

Just seen your comment Raddy, thats better mate 🙂

40. chas mobile says:

Years of yoga training and a dedication to purity.

Congratulations to Raddy in getting the CB’s right – who’d have thunk it? 🙂

Don’t praise him, Rasp, he gets quite unbearable

One of the great joys is we haven’t the foggiest whether we’ll click tonight or not. Thrash them sure, but click?

I will take a lucky 5-0

Szczesny ill

If we lose it will be my fault. I am on the white wine (well more yellow really) instead of my usual red.

I think it works better when we play away

47. arnie says:

COYGs. 🙂

Anyone have a stream for me? Everyone I’ve tried is hopeless full of ads which i don’t seem to be able to get rid of

Lovely PM Raddy, was expecting to see BFG back in tonight hopefully he and Gabriel can work out a relationship.

49. chas mobile says:

GIE
    The first row spots ads disappear in full screen

From the sites giving live text coverage it sounds like the Arsenal side that has no penetration has turned up 😦

Seen better games over my local park.
    Shocking pitch reducing the game to the lowest common denominator.
    So much for Kos getting a rest.

52. arnie says:

i’m using link1 from firstrowsports, NBC Sports

Ha ha Chas
    I thought it was so much better than the Everton first half.
    Moral? Drink works 🙂

Sad for Gabriel he was improving as the game developed.

Strange game. QPR better for the first 20 mins then we took over but apart from the wonderful move which ended with the Cazorla volley we didn’t trouble the keeper.

Need to score early

Pitch is rubbish but we are playing better than 1st half on Sunday

Can’t help thinking we’re not getting the best out of Sanchez, and that he and Mesut should be much closer together

There go our atoms again Raddy 🙂

58. arnie says:

thoughts with Gomis

My stream is nothing like clear enough to see the state of the pitch. Keep wondering who our blond white fella is at LB

No way was that better than the first half on Sunday.
    You boys have too many sections of your brains destroyed.

🙂

I’d take Ollie off. Sanchez middle, Theo left and Mesut right. So there. Smoke that 🙂

I don’t know if it is just me but I am starting to worry about how much Walcott, AOC, Welbeck are being sidelined by Wenger in favour of other players. All players that can bring zip, pace and penetration to our attack rather than the slow pedestrian game we seem to play now.

I know we are 3rd and have the FA cup to look forward to but if we keep stumbling through games I think it will all catch up with us eventually. pool look like they have discovered a fluid and zippy game at the right time and I am not sure we will stay ahead of them at this rate.

I can see Jack being a bit part player when he comes back as well, and as for Szc……..These are all home grown players as well.

You’d take Ollie off.
    Feck, Crystals could have predicted that 3 months ago.

DOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMM from the camel-wormer.

Seem to be playing with pace now 😀 Or maybe my stream is on superheats 😀

Clear penalty and red card. Told you the ref is a homer

OG off for Welbz or Theo please.

It’s not 73 minutes yet Raddy 😕

70. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha. Giro ……. 🙂

Just as well 🙂 Giroooooiuuuuddd

72. arnie says:

ha ha, once again Giro. 🙂 what a fantastic service

get innnnnnnnnnnnnn

I told you 😄😃

75. arnie says:

where would we be without the French stud! 🙂 12 goals and counting

You know that’s not true Arnie, but bless your loyalty 🙂

Stop watching for a second and miss the bloody goal!

78. arnie says:

Micky 🙂

Beautiful Alexis!

80. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha, Sanchez. 🙂

Chas you need to make room for some Doom, it is quite liberating. Anyway squeeky bum time, perhaps their is doom around the corner. Come on boys.

Here comes the alamo…… stick or twist?

And breathe!

Flippin heck hippy and his mate want to take the goalscorer off.
    Unbelievable. 🙂

Doom is the polar opposite of liberating, GoonerB.

Well, this sailor will sleep well in his bunk tonight
    Marvellous
    See you early birds at first light

86. arnie says:

Very happy that Welbz got a touch of the ball. 🙂

Very sad that ManUre conspired to win. 😦

Otherwise, no complaints. 🙂

Gibbs with both “assists”, Rasp

Could have been about 4-0 if only…….. Chas 🙂
    Really nite 🙂

Thanks chas

Don’t these blokes know that I have a dodgy strawberry caused by too much root canal work in my youth?

I tell you the Arsenal will be the death of me!

Still a lovely 3 points away from home. Happy Days

So, everyone at the top won.
    Thank feck we did.

Looks like both Utd and Spurs got away with it at the death. Apparently lloris pulled off a blinding save with 10 seconds or so to go. Seems West Ham had a late penalty shout turned down as well. Shame that 1 or 2 of those didn’t go our way.

Dodgy strawberry 😆

Haha

95. Kion Kashefi says:

Kion Kashefi

Aaron Ramsey: Take a chance on me | Arsenal Arsenal

96. fatgingergooner says:

Just got home from the Leeds v Ipswich game to see it was another fantastic result for our boys. Thats another away game done and dusted too which is good, although it’s a shame all those around us won.

It was funny to hear the Leeds fans singing ‘we are the champions, champions of Europe’ and songs about getting to the semi finals of the champions league, when they are sitting mid table in the Championship!!!
    Elland Rosd used to be jumping on a match day but it was shocking tonight. I think even their most loyal fans have had enough. Makes you realise how lucky we are to have owners and managers who look after the future of the club, even if sometimes we don’t agree with certain things they do.

97. fatgingergooner says:

I reckon by the end of April ourselves and Liverpool will be pretty much secured in the top 4.

Man U, Saints and Spurs will all have dropped off by then.

98. arnie says:

FGG. you are not a closet Leeds fan, then! 😛 I have some sympathy for Leeds and its fans

99. fatgingergooner says:

Definitely not arnie! I just happen to live nearby and my mate had a spare ticket.

I did a bit of Tyrone Mings scouting though so it wasn’t a total waste of time. He looked a cut above the rest and plays like its a training match. Great composure and he’s huge! Don’t think he will be playing championship football next season. Decent young player called Lewis Cook playing for Leeds too.

Good night.

Haven’t been with the away boys for a long time. It was a lot of fun – singing pretty much non stop.

The new Alexis song is hilariously bad (to the tune of ‘don’t you want me baby’ by the Human League it’s just: “Alexis Samchez baby… Alexis Sanchez woah-oh-oh.”

We were poor in the first half but much better in the second.

If I had to pick any players out it would be Coq, BFG, Hector, Gibbs and Ozil.

Ospina was good too – although I haven’t seen a replay of the Rangers goal and it was at the far end from us. I saw one story saying he could have done better with the shot but will reserve judgement til I’ve see. It again.

103. arnie says:

FGG. 🙂 And I have heard only good things about Tyrone Mings as well.

Rocky. And just to wind Raddy up, let me say this. Just watched MOTD, and I think Ospina was the best goalkeeper across all the midweek games

Finally, shame on refs all round. Just too much violence goes unpunished in the Engliah game. Yes spiiting is unpardonable, kicking a drinks basket is unacceptable, but all of this happens because the refs have lost control of the game. shame shame shame. 😦

104. fatgingergooner says:

Just watched Match Choice and think I owe Özil an apology. I said QPR away was not his type of game but he looked excellent on the highlights and was involved in most of our good play. Just needs to take the good form to OT now.

105. neamman says:

Completely off topic but Iv e been busy for the last few days and haven’t read here since the weekend. Just wanted to say what a great player Dave Mackay was.. although a spud I would have him in our team any day.

Anyone up yet?

Ozil Motm for me too

Chas

Sort of seriously, given your healthy mind and body atty, I thought dooming was essential in a let it all hang out kinda way

Or should I keep bottling it up like Arnie with his persisting “Ollie is really good”

I’m terrified our site academic is going to explode if he doesn’t exhale some negativity soon 🙂

Bugger. I’m going to miss the Utd game altogether. No radio, nowt 😦

It wasn’t long ago that we were bemoaning having three similar players (Ozil, TR7, and Santi) on the pitch together, from what I saw of the game today or worked well, and I think the credit lies with TR7. He works very hard to provide options and he rarely seems to receive the ball with his back to goal, which means he hasn’t got to turn Alan before looking for a forward pass.

But also what I watched of the game we seemed to be moving with a lot of pace all across the front line, everything was being done quickly and that makes a huge difference to our performances.

Sanchez’s goal was beautiful, Giroud took his chance well. Ozil was finding space to be creative. Some twitter stats incoming.

111. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    In response to how good Ospina was i would just like to say how disappointed i was in Gibbs and Koshielney, A striker recieves the ball in our box with his back to our goal, and both of our defenders indistinctly back off and allows him to turn and shoot, leaving Ospina with no cover at all. If i had to report the worst moment of the game that would have been it, when will these experienced players learn, we must close down and stop backing off.

Steve definitely looking at Gibbs on that one, seemed to think the biggest threat was their winger so starts to run that way only to see Austin 180 and shoot. Not good from the young man, although did make a couple of Winterburnesque ball and man slide tackles on the wing which I enjoyed.

Micky
    Bottling anything up is bad.
    It’s up to you how you perceive the world.
    Send negativity out, it’s what you get back.

118. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning GIE, agree with the work he did down the wings but still hold both of them responsible.Ospina i feel is doing good but i still think his handling is iffy, would like to see him catch cleaner, bit of a moaner arnt i.

Well, that’s cleared that up then. Ollie is a better finisher than Alexis 🙂 🙂

No more negativity from me then

I bet Walcott’s stats are better than both. 🙂

Ha ha

I’ve always believed stats paint the full picture, and are never used to support an agenda 🙂

Well, I’m none the wiser after reading and watching all of these clips.

Walcott’s only had 2 shots since he came back and scored 2 goals.
    100% strike rate.

Of course, this disregards the half a dozen clear chances he’s also had when he failed to control the ball so couldn’t get a shot off. 🙂

Well played Chas, you’ve cracked the stats code 🙂

When Coquelin found out he tops the ‘Most Duels Won’ stat, that’s when he decided he would wear the mask. He already carries a gauntlet in his back pocket with which to slap an opponent’s face.

Micky,

There is good news!

— ‘I’m going to miss the Utd game altogether. No radio, nowt’

The Manure game is on in the evening!! No sun – nothing to worry you – put in your fangs and come out and play, you vamp-ness. 🙂

132. arnie says:

motning all.

Micky. Some time back, I said I was very sad, and this made Chas very unhappy. No negativity then. 🙂

Agreed Steve, Kos allowed too much room.

Le Coq in his Mardi Gras mask. 🙂

Chas,

That GK list seems to show how stats can contradict accepted ‘wisdom’.

De Gea, Curtois, Hart and Lloris do not make the top on the list, yet most would say that they are the top GKs, rather than Flappy, Pantelimon, and Mignolet.

134. chas mobile says:

RA
    Yep 🙂

135. chas mobile says:

Arnie
    Be as sad, very sad or as negative as you like. Just don’t blow a gasket.

136. arnie says:

Chas. I will do whatever makes you happy. 🙂

Ospina was very good last night, no arguments from BR about him starting ahead of TPIG – for now!

So was Le Coq. He seems to improve every game.

MotM. Oil. The man was a class above.

That’s enough football from me.

Positivity attracts, negativity repels. No surprise there!

So …. I have given you in 4 words what Rhonda Byrne is making a religion and many millions from. Don’t bother reading The Secret, or watching the film or going to meetings or on a cruise, it is all in those 4 words. Easy.

The white wine worked last night, will be drinking it for every away game from now on

139. Good morning Goonsters 🙂

Good result last night, I didn’t see the game but sounds as if we played very well second half. I see the BBC are saying Giroud got a good poke again… how do they do it 🙂

Redders
    I owe you an apology from the other day, I got you confused with the hippy ha ha. It’s a result of my dodgy internet connection, I write a comment quickly before I get cut off.

And just to prove that when I have my breakfast of Cheese and wine and chorizo, it is also part of my creative process. Here’s a recent painting of my petit dejeuner…

Raddy

Happily, I don’t think anyone on this site would read The Secret, or watch the film or go to meetings or go on a cruise

141. Positivity attracts, negativity repels and white wine keeps the hippy happy 🙂

BR
    Are you saying my chakra and meditation magnet wand doesn’t work even after seeing such proof as this?

Isn’t it positive attracts negative and vice versa?

One word for the wand wizard, and it has four letters 🙂

Don’t confuse him Chas 🙂

As the Wand wizard is male it should be 5 letters 🙂

148. Just chill like a hippy

Nope. Still four, but you could include the words “complete and utter “

Lounging Lizard. Great pic, and noted empty wine bottle in pic

Ok. Plan to knock work off in two hours starting now.

Morning all, a deserved 3 points yesterday … very happy with that.

I would give MoTM to Le Coq because he was a terrier – fearless, dogged, went for headers despite the pain of his injury and regularly won battles against bigger players.

Anyone got a few words on the game they’d care to share with us in a post?

I see a lizard with an acoustic guitar after a nut roast lunch and a crafty Camberwell carrot

Incidentally there have been 5 penalties in the last 2 days that were 100% and yet the ref didn’t give them. Video replays would have made sure the right decision was made. An official watching the game on a screen could tell the ref to delay his decision via his microphone and within 30 seconds justice would be done.

The Wham/manu non-penalty was an absolute joke. Manu now have 3 points they don’t deserve and that could cost us or pool a CL place next season = millions of pounds in revenue.

Football is the only mass media game left that does not have video replays …. it is utterly ridiculous 😦

Agree Rasp.

Bellerin had a wonderful game last night, hope his development continues as we could have a superb RB. (my spell check keeps changing his name to Ballerina – how apt)

I’ve just updated the widgets and seen something interesting.

It would appear that significantly more of our assists come from the left flank. This is an assumption – we only know for sure that the wingbacks will stay on one side ….

Gibbs 5 + Monreal 2 = 7
    Debuchy 1 + Bellerin 1 + Chambers 1 = 3

But from midfield if we assume that Ozil, Welbeck operate mostly on the left and Santi and Alexis move all across the pitch, the left becomes even more productive. Balls coming into the box from the left to a right footer are also more likely to result in a goal?

157. stevepalmer1 says:

A quick one in Nuts, should it be needed

Rasp. Could be worth a post – get writing!

I’ll do a few quick words on last night’s game Rasp. Give me 20 mins…

Re penalties I felt there was an interesting one on Tuesday night that no one seemed to make a fuss of but I think should be a penalty all day long.

Abonglagor beating down on goal toe poked a shot past Foster who then clattered into him, the ball was cleared off the line, anywhere else on the pitch that’s a direct free kick, why not when a shot has been made?

Re video replays, I’m still against them. Goal line technology is a matter of fact, so is not up for debate. Fouls are referees opinion, I think the only time he can all for help is if he didn’t have a clear view or if he is unsure as to whether offence is in or out of box.

Thanks Rocky, I’d posted Steve’s report before I saw your comment – sorry 😦

We can tack it on the end if already written. I’m ploughing a lone furrow at the moment as peaches is busy with family stuff.

We have a ….

… New post …. with possible additions later 🙂

Hi GiE, that was one of the 5 penalties I was referring to.

The system could be very simple. If the replay isn’t definitive then its down to the ref’s judgement.

Video replays will come into the game, it is only the dinosaurs at FIFA slowing the process and I confidently predict that the majority will then say – why on earth didn’t we do this sooner? 😀

A video replay would also have seen Hutton get the red he deserved.

164. It is not my first time to go to see this site,
    i am visiting this web site dailly and take pleasant
    facts from here everyday.