QPR: T’was the Day after Christmas

Firstly. I hope all our readers had a wonderful Xmas and received all that was on the list you wrote to Santa Claus – unfortunately I must have got Santa’s address wrong because I got a bunch of stuff which will be taken to the charity shops next week 😑

Thankfully we have a game to relieve the tension of entertaining family members and it should be an enjoyable one.

Most London fans have a soft spot for QPR. From the old days of Marsh and Stan Bowles they have been my alternative London club (alongside Barnet). Why? Because we usually beat them.Β Unfortunately some dunderhead decided to appoint the objectionable ‘Arry as manager which has reduced my enjoyment – as many know I find the cheeky chappy/wheeler dealer, East London cabbie act seriously annoying.

But if I had to pick a game for a chilly Boxing Day evening, QPR would be the one. They are unlikely to park the bus, will be very competitive, have dangerous strikers but are beatable, and we need a win ahead of a difficult to trip to WHU. Statistics and history mean little but QPR have yet to win away this season and it is some time since they won at our place.

Joey Barton. Let’s leave it there.

Charlie Austin? Is he as good as the mug pundits insist? If he is the under-fire BFG will have to shape up.

Talking of which, BFG made a mistake at Anfield but it was his only one in the game – admittedly a very costly one. Why is Alexis in the red zone and not BFG? The man clearly needs a break but Mr Wenger’s CB transfer omission has resulted in our creaking German looking out of sorts.

Who starts today? I say the best players available. Until Arteta regains fitness Flamini is an automatic choice – we cannot rely upon Coquelin and other than him the cupboard is bare.

We welcome back the Invisible Wall that is Ospina – invisible because he has been AWOL; good to see TPIG get some competition. Also back are Theo, Yaya and Tomas. I would love to see Rosicky get some pitch time.

OK ….. Mrs Raddy is getting antsy for us to enjoy the winter sunshine.

Santa make my Xmas, bring us 3 points and an OG hat-trick. Pretty Please.

COYRRG

written by Big Raddy

144 Responses to QPR: T’was the Day after Christmas

Raddy

No matter how much doom hovers all around, a BR PM always lifts the spirits. Thank you.

Having said that, every single match day always finds me expecting to give the oppo a damn good thrashing, and today is no exception.

I’d like:

Ox Danny Theo
    ……..Sanchez
    …..Flam Mozart
    Gibb Mert Chamb Debb
    …………Sz

Micky.

Like your team. Has Ox ever played outside left apart from for England?

Given his goal streak I can’t see AW dropping OG.

3. Come! Come! BR, Tis the season of goodwill, even for caricatures like Old ‘Arry….although I can’t extend any goodwill whatsoever to the obnoxious Barton.

Raddy
    Much as I see Ox central long term, I like my wide boys to be fast, direct and have an eye for goal.
    I also like my middle man to be fast, hence Danny there.
    Like you, it would be nice to see Mozart, and what I like is that he adds forward drive from the middle, and connects the Flam to the front boys efficiently.

By the way, equally happy to see Theo left and Ox right. Interchangeable.

Ok, brisk walk before people come.

5. Mick, will your brisk walk carry you far enough that the people coming won’t see you? πŸ˜€

6. VCC says:

Nice pre-match Big Raddy.

Santa was really kind to me this year, thoroughly spoiled.

As you say, I love Boxing day football and what better way than to have my favourite fixture of the year on this very day. QPR are my second team. I can relax watching it, as no matter what happens, apart from a thrashing for Rangers, I will not be too stressed.

If Arsenal do not make the top four this season it might give us a more realistic chance of competing in the premier league next year, especially as there are noises coming from Wenger that he will not strengthen his squad in the January window.

Everyman and his Aunts and Uncles can see what is glaringly obvious what we need. Even Tottenham fans tell me what we need, that’s saying something.

Your correct in saying most Londoners have a soft spot for Queens Park Rangers, which pleases me ( cue Chas with his customary Hippo fart)

Unlike you, I like Arry. We need characters in the game and for me he fits that bill.

I’m intrigued with Charlie Austin…..Can’t make my mind up weather he is the real deal or rough around the edges. Eagerly awaiting his confrontation with BFG.

Interesting to see what team Wenger puts out. Cannot wait.

Plenty of goals and action please guys.

COYG

πŸ™‚

Thanks Raddy, a Merry Christmas to Scandinavia. I’m finding it hard to work up much enthusiasm for the game – I hope the players don’t feel the same πŸ™‚

I’m superstitious about late kick offs – not my favourite, but I have a feeling we’re about to embark on a long unbeaten run – top four by the end of January πŸ˜›

Cheers, BR.

Let’s hope it’s a stockings half off day.

Bowles and Marsh were proper footballers, not these fragile athletes strung hideously tight that one ping and their bodies fall apart. Get them back smoking, drinking and spending half their time down the bookies. That’s what I say.

I used to like QPR till I went to their ground and we lost 2-1. The pitch wasn’t worthy of a park game and their fans were nearly as obnoxious as their oily West London counterparts.

Song rested for Sunday

12:15 in moderation

16. VCC says:

My Father and most of my Family and their friends are Queens Park Rangers fans, all originating from around the Shepherds Bush area.

Nothing obnoxious about any of them. Salt of the earth people.

Queens Park Rangers are small compared to the mighty Manchester’s , Chelseas’ and Arsenals of this world, but are a homely club remembering their roots.

At least they’re not boring putting up the same old clips!!!!!!!!!!!!! YAWN.

17. chas mobile says:

Soz, I thought you asked for it.

18. chas mobile says:

As in ‘requested’.

19. VCC says:

I did not ask for abuse towards QPR supporters.

There are good and bad in all colours/races and creeds. You probably met a handful of QPR supporters and painted with the same brush.

I can show you plenty of Arsenal supporters who are obnoxious ( Stoke station) but I’ve NEVER encountered QPR supporters abusing their own Manager with a tirade of abuse????

20. VCC says:

Indeed NOT chas…… I just read your mind and knew you would come back with the same cheap, boring shot, as you always do when I mention QPR.

21. ytehjnnh says:

Wenger was at his peak when he had players of sufficent calibre to play out his playground football ethos

22. wally says:

We’d like a win today, please.

Xmas cheer to all while we can!

23. chas mobile says:

Apologies VCC.
    To be honest I’d forgotten about the farting hippo completely.

24. VCC says:

No worries chas…..always fair in love and war. πŸ™‚ I still love you (for the tickets a while back)

QPR are near and dear to my heart. NOT as near and dear as my beloved Arsenal though.

I was born a stone’s throw from Loftus Road. My Uncle used to look after the away tunnel (days of old, when they were in the old third division)

He even arranged a trial for me πŸ™‚ BUT, as I wasn’t up to the challenge I chickened out. One of the biggest regrets I have in life as you never know. πŸ˜‰

COYG

25. arnie says:

lovely stuff, Raddy. πŸ™‚ as ever. πŸ™‚ just about getting into the Boxing Day groove. COYG. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

26. arnie says:

Sorry, but it will be Giro central for me. Welbeck left. Ox central.

There may be better strikers than Giro in other clubs, but we have no one else that can score 20 goals in a season.

Not a hatrick today though. Save one each for the next games: Hammers and Soton away.

honestly Raddy, at your age you believe in Santa πŸ™‚

Joey Barton, let’s leave it at that πŸ™‚ nice touch.
    Why do you think the QPR are going to be competitive? They have -12 GD

I posted several comments in the morning, but they all went walkies

Cheers Raddy

Will be nipping out for the game soon. Bloody cold today but it wont affect me. During cold periods my body hair grows two inches. Local press is always full of the ‘Bounds Green Yeti’

“The beast was spotted entering Mr Shahs Offie and leaving with 20 B&H and a brown paper bag. Local resident Mr Mindyerowntwat, originaly from Armenia, told Bounds Greener how he spotted the beast then exiting the local bookie before making his way to a house notorious for prostitution. ‘I afeared forer der girls ah saftey so called der policer” However, before the police could arrive the beast had left the house, seemingly with a spring in his step and looking shaggier than normal”

We should beat QPR, though they will make it difficult. One of my earliest memories was turning QPR over 2-0 at Highbury back in 75. They had a good side back then but we turned it on and got the result.

The player that stood out for me was Stan Bowels. The geezers diving was ridiculous. At least these days players try to make it look good. Back then, every time Bowels got the ball the Rangers fans would start a count down, Bowels would brace himself, arms oustretched, and then spread eagle himself with a 20 yard forward slide.

And the referee would bloody give him 9 out of ten and a free kick.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

29. VCC says:

Very Harsh Terry. I seem to recall a certain Marinello doing the same.

Every team has had them during their history, only the dirty Mancs stand out the most, only because they know most referee’s support their cause.

Enjoy the match Silverback. πŸ˜‰

30. arnie says:

Leicester score. 1-1 now. πŸ˜›

31. Well it seems QPR are everybody’s second side. For a while, in the early 1950s, if I wasn’t being taken to Highbury by my dad (money was short) I would go with a couple of mates to Loftus Road it was only a short bike ride away.

We’d go in the boy’s enclosure behind one of the goals and spend the first half pelting the away ‘keeper with apple cores, orange peel and almost anything else that came to hand.

At half-time we would migrate en-masse to the other end, via the grass bank that made up one side of the ground, and continue the bombardment of the poor old ‘keeper who thought he would at least get a quiet time in the second half.

Those were the days! πŸ˜€

32. VCC says:

Norfolk…ditto……those were the days.

Still no kelsey.

34. VCC says:

I have this blaring out. Drinking a glass of Directors…wearing my Arsenal shirt. Waiting in anticipation for the game…….who says I’m grown up. πŸ™‚

35. VCC says:

36. The Cockie Monster says:

Good post…shit day so far !.
    Only West Ham losing has done us any favours for 4th place trophy, all our competitors winning, we are currently 8th……which aint bad if my cunning plan of not being in CL or Europa League next year to win the EPL is going to work !. hahaha
    I`m in no stress mode….will record game….tell wife she is ugly for a two hour mini coma and when awakened, ask if we won ( but no score ) and if so, then watch the game with no idea of the score and no stress apart from a splitting headache !.
    Have my Arsenal onesie on…..Red with blue cuffs and hood with Arsenal badge near my heart, I would put a photo up, but Eddie would drown from wetting herself !.

37. arnie says:

Beebs.

Callum Chambers misses out for Arsenal so Nacho Monreal comes in to partner Per Mertersacker at centre-half, while Mathieu Debuchy shifts to right-back. Tomas Rosicky starts in place of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain.

QPR recall centre-back Rio Ferdinand who replaces Richard Dunne in a three-man defence, while Maricio Isla comes in at right-back. Jordon Mutch and Nico Kranjcar play in the middle alongside Karl Henry.

Arsenal XI: Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Monreal, Gibbs, Flamini, Cazorla, Rosicky, Alexis, Giroud, Welbeck.

QPR XI: Green, Isla, Onuoha, Ferdinand, Caulker, Traore, Mutch, Henry, Kranjcar, Vargas, Austin.

Thanks raddy. Commenting so late we now know that most of our rivals have won so am i allowed to say this is a must win game or is that in room 101. Anyway settling down with a very expensive norsk beer.

What crappy results today. Even the Spuds spawned another win

I have kicked off proceedings with a Port. Only drink the stuff between Xmas and New Year but it is a fine tipple on a cold night (minus 7 here)

41. arnie says:

COYG. πŸ™‚

I wonder how match fit rosicky is

Oh Alexis that was a terrible penalty, even if you are playing brilliantly

With you but on someone else’s sofa

That was nice πŸ˜€

Im not able to watch the game – has Giroud just been sent off?

OG was stupid but what about the foul on him? He had good reason to be mad and the referee has given no protection as our players get battered.

How on earth have we made this game so difficult?

49. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha ha, Rosicky. πŸ™‚

stupid from Giro. 😦

50. arnie says:

yes, Rasp, headbutt. provoked by Ferdinand. 😦

Well i havent seen it but head-butting is ridiculous, i hope we fine him a months wages

52. arnie says:

poor decision. 😦

Atkinson once again shows he hates AFC. Look at his stats on Untold Arsenal – he is a disgrace-

Never a penalty and a dreadful decision.

54. arnie says:

agreed Rasp.

deficit halved. come on Arsenal.

Come on Arsenal. Don’t sit so deep ATTACK

56. arnie says:

OK, job well done. no complaints.

who is the MOTM. Alexis or Flamster?

57. fatgingergooner says:

Giroud = Xmas pudding
    Sanchez = Xmas cracker
    Debuchy = Sagna who?
    Cazorla & Sanchez link up = heaven

Great result, Giroud owes everyone a pint, and Debuchy is my new favourite defender (until Kos comes back!).

Ref was shocking but could easily have given a pen at the end when Gibbs wiped out Zamora.

3 points all that matters.

58. arnie says:

stupid stupid Giro. Now he wont be available against Hammers and Saints.

I kike Welbeck for his spirit and energy. But a better goalscorer? Not for me. what a disaster. Still, one step at a time. 3 points in the bag. No complaints. πŸ™‚

hi, Doom and Gloom Auntie here πŸ™‚ If not for Sanchez we would be below QPR in the table this season. He’s the bloody Angel on top of the tree

60. aaron says:

The midfield really helped make our back 4 look solid. Never really close to conceding no matter what the talking heads say. Thank goodness for Rosicky today, fast passer and the all around passing was for me a joy to watch. Total domination and really could have scored 4-5 more but just missed out on crosses or shots from quick counter attacks when Arsenal down to 10 men. People need to ease up on Giroud, pushed in back at full speed towards out rushing keeper who blasted ball off of him, could have been injured, and Ferdinand should have been given clear Yellow for putting hand around Giroud’s neck.
    Will take the 3 points and hope to see 4th by Jan 1st!

61. The Cockie Monster says:

Cockie Junior came over from his Love Shack, so I had to watch the game live !…….had I just taped it and watched it knowing we won without the result, I wouldn`t have had to spend the last nearly half an hour on the phone to NHS direct questioning why my heart is pumping out of my fcuking chest !. That last 15 mins ( inc injury time ) was stress I could do with out !….I shall keep to my stress free football from behind the sofa in future….media black-out for the 2 hour games !.

Alexis Duracell what a player !….( just leave the penalties to someone else !)……wanted him when he was at Udinese, he was like a fcuking jack-in-the-box there !….better late than never !.
    Cant agree there Raddy….Giroud had no reason to lose his cool…… he`s an idiot and put a comfortable easy win at stake, agree, he needs to buy the guys a pint or two !.
    Oh well, Welbeck will be back in his favoured position for the next 3 games ( barring injury ) !.
    I thought Rosey and Santi were buzzing before numpties head-butt and it was great to watch .
    Debauchery has won me over and we miss Koz like hell, It was a must win game, then again as long as our 4th place rivals keep winning then they are all becoming must win ( until we get daylight between us and 5th !. )

I tell you what baffles me !……when a team is down to ten men, it really shouldn`t make a difference in the possession stakes as the opposing team will have their goalie plus at least two defenders marking one forward player in their own half, in my mathematics, that makes the team down to ten men out numbering the opposition in their own half !. That imo is when you need a speedy outlet ….aka Theo …..to come on and expose any space in enemy territory, it would also possibly make the oppo` think about maybe dropping another defender back !.

Cockle. I agree about OG. I was talking about Atkinson allowing Traore to kick Sanchez repeatedly without being carded

63. The Cockie Monster says:

Glad Wenger didn`t do the usual…” I didn`t see it ! ”

The veteran French boss admitted that the red card was indeed ‘deserved,’ and changed the dynamic of the game.

Wenger said: “It was was a deserved red card, Olivier didn’t control himself. It completely changed the dynamic of the game, we were completely in control at that stage and it was quite comfortable.

“Olivier is a guy who, when he makes mistakes, he stands up and admits it.”

64. The Cockie Monster says:

True, Rads !…….twat of a Reff `doesn`t help !
    I`d like to see their penalty again as it looked like DeBoosh nicked the ball first and the Reff was right in prime position !.

65. VCC says:

TCM……..8:17…… that’s rocket science, your analysis about playing with ten men. \if an imbecile like you can see it, why can’t an Β£8 mil manager see it.

Bring on Chambers and Coquelin and invite them onto us……nice one Arsene.

A better side than them would have made us pay the penalty.

66. The Cockie Monster says:

I tell you what !….I don’t know how you boys and girls can stand the stress of watching live games week in week out !…..I aged ten years in the last 15 mins and now look 50 !……..I`m actually 58, but before the game I looked 40 !. hahaha

67. The Cockie Monster says:

Thanks Vics, that’s one of the nicest things you have said to me compared to all the other abuse !. hahaha

Yes mate, I don’t get it !. When we have the ball in our half, they ( oppo) should have a goalie and two defenders to deal with Welbeck, that leaves our 9 players to try and keep hold of the ball against their 8 players !…..don’t fcuking kick the ball up in the air fro their players to gain possession again !…….pass the fcuking ball about, like we were in the first half !……basically what they have been doing since they were coached at from a young age goes out of the window to be replaced by …..PANIC !.

The channel i saw the gane on only showed the giroud incident from one angle which didnt look like there was any forward movement if his head or contact so looked like pure sinulation. I presume from what you guys are saying there is another angle that shows the headbutt.

Also looked like we had a further couple of penalty shouts but not many replays.

Thanks for the pre-match BR

Three points in the bag.

Ollie was an idiot but such is life.

Good to have TR7 back.

Shame the Spuds and Manure won.

We need to win the next two…

70. arnie says:

Rocky. MWG? Room 101, ha ha ha. πŸ˜†

Morning all.

Rubbish game I thought.

No snow here, but on the good side, we are mighty close to the transfer window πŸ™‚

These namby pamby headbutts get on my tits.
    There was no headbutt, just a touching of foreheads.
    Sometimes I want to see nose splattered all over face – that would be worth a 3 game ban. πŸ™‚

Do you think Onuoha might have been aware that the ref was right alongside? Shame Giroud wasn’t.

13 comments on here about an Arsenal game immediately after the event 😦

Wow, there’s a real lack of appetite for this kind of football, I mean, have you ever heard and felt a flatter boxing day atmosphere at The Ems.

I don’t even think it has anything to do with trophies and expectations, merely very poor football from an entertainment angle.

Micky
    West Ham and Southampton away should be a bit more interesting.
    Arsenal QPR should have been a foregone conclusion with QPR’s away record of no wins and no draws.
    Giroud thought he’d at least give them a chance.

Four inches of snow here.

True Chas.

I think we’ll be better off without Giroud, as we were playing more entertaining football with Danny central, but we really need the Mesuts, Oxen and Theos back very badly.

Oxen πŸ™‚

chas- spot on about the ‘headbutt’. That cheat went down as if he was given an electric shock

micky – yep, rubbish game with Sanchez keeping us in the top 10. He is to us what Suarez was to Pool last season. That’s very not good

Eddie

I read your comment yesterday about Sanchez and you are right, but he is nowhere near what Suarez was to Pool, and that is not that he isn’t as good, I’d say he’s better, but Pool set up far better than we do. More entertaining, more goals.

We could do the same, but it means putting Sanchez up top as Pool did with Suarez.

yes micky, we cannot even do that. Dennis forbid anything should happen to Alexi

Anyway, I am in a hurry – going to the sales πŸ™‚ I am very clever and go to the City of London, they were shut yesterday and hardly anybody there today. You can pick and choose without overexcited crowds πŸ™‚

So what did you guys get for Christmas? I got a fab book with photos of legendary AFC shirts. My mother was flicking through it yesterday trying to spot Thierry Henry πŸ™‚

Chas
    Re The Santas. I’m really hoping those are very short women acting as Santa’s helpers, but the message is alarmingly unclear!

How can Atkinson give a penalty for this?

I got two bottles of whisky and several bottles of beer.
    I was desperate for some socks. πŸ™‚

you don’t like short women micky

Zinedine Zidane could deliver a headbutt, top man and my all time favourite player. I watched A 21st Century Portrait twice, not sure why

I never said that, Eddie

Chas πŸ™‚

Why does it not feel like this?

Chas
    Because we are so dull to watch. I’m really struggling to bother at all recently.

To be honest I’m finding the same with all premiership football.

no micky, I am telling you that πŸ™‚
    you said you like tall ones though

Morning All

I really enjoyed the game. We played some intricate passing patterns and with Santi and Alexis on the pitch it is never boring.

And we have scored 12 goals in our last 4 games.

Maybe you peeps need a holiday

And Ozil and Theo are due back

Gawd Bless The Hippy

Although let’s not forget quite how marinated his brain is come Boxing Day.

…from football πŸ™‚

And we get to see some awful refereeing.

Your disenchantment is ineresting and deserves a post.

Given your ages I put it down to mid-life crisis

Ha ha Raddy

“Maybe you peeps need a holiday” is your solution to everything, and it’s beginning to look like you may be right.

I know we miss Ozil and Theo and, and…., but I no longer have any faith Arsene will play them in the right order.

Still, who knows, and anyway there’s nothing I can do about it.

Oh I’ve got a mid life crisis all right πŸ™‚

I’ve got a mid-season crisis.
    Not quite half way through and I just want it to end and start a fresh one.

103. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Alexis Sand Shoes is my favourite Arsenal player since Dennis Bergkamp, & getting up there with my favourite Arsenal player of all time Charlie George.

Mind you I loved Smudger, Rocky & Donkey too πŸ™‚

Still looking on the bright side, at least we’ll actually get a proper break from football next summer. πŸ™‚

105. gnarleygeorge9 says:

…. & Choochie πŸ™‚

Happy New Year GG9

Maybe you boys have a World Cup hangover.

Here’s a proper head butt from Arseblog’s match report.

109. gnarleygeorge9 says:

HNY BR & All

110. The Cockie Monster says:

I quite enjoyed the game and was relaxed until Giraffe got sent of, then it was more like……………….

It was great to see Flamini being so vocal yesterday. He had a good game and is an all-action player. What a shame he hasn’t the talent to match his desire.

Cockle πŸ˜€

And more to come tomorrow

113. The Cockie Monster says:

Our next two games are like 4th deciders !………..the only way we will beat Southampton away is to buy Schneiderlin, Wanyama, Pelle and Clyne before 15:00, Jan` 1st, 2015 !. So that will be 15 hours for Wenger to save our season !. hahaha

114. The Cockie Monster says:

No way am I watching anymore live games Rads !……well, not until it is mathematically impossible for anyone to take 4th from us !. hahaha

Morning all, Hi GG.

Good to see Rosicky return and in such fine form.

What’s happened with Theo? Has he picked up another injury?

Rasp

Is he being saved for the window like Mesut and Pod? πŸ™‚

I cant see that Micky, i think arsene is a theo fan

Rasp
    The Theo bit was LB’s idea. To Pool he reckoned.

Oh Lordy, here I go again.

An hour ago I was prepared to stop everything Arsenal for a month or so, then I see we have two very exciting away games to Wham and Saints over the next few days, and the window looms.

Is there no escape for me?

Micky. Arsenal is for life. Accept it and move on.

Whenever I refresh I come back to the non-penalty πŸ‘Ή . Must stop doing it.

Ferdinand looks like a Fairground Worker chas. All aboard the Merry Go Round as Ferdinand slips his hand in your pocket.

Later that evening, Ferdinand and his cerebrally chalanged friends attend a local club were an Elvis impersonator belts out suspicious minds.

This has an alarming effect on those weighed down with coins, who allow there latent mistrust and paranoia to consume them in an orgy of infighting and sexual surprise

124. ‘morning all,

No post match yet?

Here’s my offering.

Well, well, well, that was a walk in the park that almost resulted in a mugging.

Good start, even got a penalty awarded after seven minutes when Alexis is brought down by Traore, what a mug he’s learnt nothing since he left Arsenal. I thought there was an unwritten rule that the player fouled doesn’t take the penalty, but Alexis refused to give the nominated player, Cazorla, the ball and took it himself. Note to coaching staff: Alexis needs some pointers on how to take a penalty. Easy save for Rob Green.

The game meandered along much the same as before, Arsenal playing with a ball and QPR watching. Then a nice move between Welbeck and Cazorla saw the ball played out wide to Gibbs who crossed beautifully for Alexis to nod the ball in completely unopposed after thirty-seven minutes.

Half-time and half the job done.

Second half was much the same, although QPR did get hold of the ball a bit more but seemed at a loss as to what to do with it so gave it quickly back to Arsenal.

Fifty two minutes, enter stage left The Village Idiot! For no perceivable reason Giroud decides to take umbrage for a slight push in the back by Onuoha, so he head butted the QPR defender who, naturally, went down like a sack of s**t. Martin Atkinson, who was no more than three yards away from the incident, had no option but to dismiss the Arsenal striker. Nice one Ollie! A three match ban at the busiest time of the season.

Then on sixty-five minutes Alexis mesmerised the QPR defence, weaved his way into the box and laid one on a plate for Rosicky to put away with aplomb.

Only now do QPR finally wake up and start to play football, The pressure builds and QPR win a penalty on seventy-nine minutes, which Austin puts away, 2 – 1. Increasing pressure convinces Wenger to make changes, so off goes Rosicky to be replaced by Chambers, Arsenal are now being pinned in their own half, Welbeck replaced by Coquelin, With no Arsenal player up-field QPR are free to besiege the penalty area with impunity but the headless chicken defence holds out to take all three points.

125. arnie says:

Motning all. πŸ™‚

I thought it was a good enjoyable game. Come on, we are in a scramble for 4th spot and will play a lot of such twitchy games this season. Better start enjoying them. πŸ™‚

Losing Giro for the next two games is a disaster. Whatever else I can see in Welbeck, it is certainly not 20 or more goals a season. Central or otherwise. He is just not that material, yet. 😦

Anyway, such is life. No complaints, on to Hammers and Saints then. Two very winnable games. COYG. πŸ™‚

126. The Cockie Monster says:

Arnie……..more like they are two must winnable games seeing as they are above us !. πŸ™‚

There are three leagues in a league going on !……..Chavs, Mansour City and Manshafter in the race for the title, then there`s a few average teams battling for 4th and then there`s the relegation scramble teams !……we are 15 points behind Chavs and 15 points above Palace in the relegation spot !……that`s why I say average !. hahaha

PS
    Warnock has been sacked by Palace !

Wenger Out !
    Warnock In !. hahaha

127. fatgingergooner says:

The Giroud head-touch was a joke and barely registered as contact, but you just can’t get away with it 3 yards from the ref. He’s a big loss for the next 3 games.

The Debuchy tackle was never a penalty and I even saw he got the ball on a terrible stream, so what the ref was watching I do not know.

The reliance on Sanchez is not an issue for me. What club doesn’t rely on their best players to get results?

Isn’t it great to have full backs knocking in quality crosses. Gibbs set up the goal with a great ball, and Debuchy knocked in a fantastic low cross which should’ve had someone tapping it in.

128. oz gunner says:

Rosicky to breathe life in to Arsenal like he did two seasons ago.

@ chas

Agreed, if you are going to cop a three match ban make it count. that dive was more feminine than TMHT’s weekend get up. Rio’s effort was far worse.

129. arnie says:

Fair enough, Cockie. πŸ™‚

and nothing much to disagree about, FGG. πŸ™‚ so long as the full backs to do not neglect their primary duty, defence, in the process. πŸ˜›

Oz baby, were the f*uck you been?

I was convinced you must have got lost in the Great Victoria Desert, were you spent the last 12 months surviving on locusts and your own urine?

Dont worry about it Oz. I too have been lost, in a terrible place called Birmingham. Not only did I have to drink my own urine, I had to fend of the savage locals who tried to bore me to death with tales of the M6 motorway and the price of lettuce.

Good to see you back mate

131. oz gunner says:

Haha cheers TMHT. You’re still as funny as ever I see.

Catch ups with VCC have obviously left you well equipped to handle the Brummies.

I’m still bloody waiting for these ghosts of the thirties to stir. You’ve promised me for years now. It feels like we haven’t had a proper defensive midfielder since then

Ive slightly miscalculated Oz

We will definately win the league in the 2016/17 season and with a bit of luck, the Champions League this year.

Arsene will go out in the blaze of glory he deserves, either a mob armed with pitchforks and fire, or by winning the title.

I dont like Arsene detractors Oz. The mans a legend and demands total respect

What did i wish for this Christmas? That Arsene baiters were tied to a chair to witness a bandaged Diaby, rewarded for been a good bloke, sign a new 10 year contract with a smiling Wenger.

133. oz gunner says:

@ TMHT

God I hope so. Beginning every season with a couple of players short + countless injuries is really start to get on my nerves. Sick of finishing a season thinking what could have been.

Jesus…witnessing diaby re-signing would be a fate worse than death. It’d definitely be a ‘scanners’ head explosion moment.

I’m a big fan of Arsene but if a kim kallstrom moment happens again I fear he may not make it to Feb 2nd

134. jnyc says:

Im with you TMHT. Next year is ours , and we are going to make an impressive showing in this champs league… we will be proud. And I think diaby should sign a pay only when play contract with us. That would show his appreciation for Arsenes patience.

135. jnyc says:

Btw why was ferdinand allowed to put his hand on ollies neck? The tiny headbutt was no excuse for that, girouds mistake was more warranted after the nasty push. Someghing like that and the push that started it all should be punishable retrospectively… and OG will still take his ban.

136. wally says:

Just because you get the ball doesn’t mean it’s not a foul.

And he could have called one on gibbs at the end but….

I can’t believe this endless whinging about the referee. Take off the panty hose and man up for god’s sake.

Don’t know why anyone is excited about the window. Who does anyone think we’re going to get that is about to make a difference?

Good for the win. A chance for wengers’ annual trophy if we can make the next two count.

137. arnie says:

Wally. I have to say I am with you on that one. We are too hung up ref injustices. 😦

Having said that. I think by convention, if not the letter of the law, if the player got the ball first, it is not a penalty. In this case, we were UNLUCKY. I suppose there was a word in the ref’s ear after the decision. Hence, the one for Gibbs was not given. Two wrongs dont make a right. Nevertheless, we take our LUCK and move on.

I also dont understand why we continue whinging. Come on, we are not that bad. We are well placed for the annual trophy and we have a chance of winning the CL.

Our invincibles record is intact, and our CL qualification record continues to be extended. Nowt to be ashamed of. Down with the doomers.

I am not excited about the transfer window, but am excited about the CL, League and FA Cup. And why not? COYG. πŸ™‚

138. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, hope you all had a good couple of days.

Well i suppose 3 points is enough for lots of supporters, few ups and downs throughout the game but a win against a side we were expected to win will be enough for many.

My stream wasn’t that good, but good enough to see a lot of our passes still being given away. If that wasn’t bad enough Sanchez missing a penalty, then watching that headless Chicken Giroud headbutt a player in front of the referee and was sent of for retaliation.

Is it not bad enough to have so many unfit players , then a Dumb thoughtless Frenchman do something so infantile within touching distance form the ref. The Mind boggles it really does.

Now that plank sits out for 3 games and is as much use as the other walking wounded.
    Wenger tried as hard as he could to shrug off what that imbecile did, by saying that players as intelligent as Giroud would not repeat this act in the future. Stupid statement, the player should know better than to do it in the first place our place away as stupidly as that and to also leave a struggling side a man down should incur some kind of punishment from the club.

Many will say a wins a win but it still leaves us another man short. Many will also forgive Sanchez for a terrible penalty seeing how he got on the end of a header, but a penalty should have resulted in a goal,

Smiles on supporters faces 3 points but not on mine. Had i been Manager Sanchez would have training on his own learning how a penalty should be taken until he scores every time.

Doom er Moaner, perhaps i am, but i expect more from guys paid exorbitant money to wear the Arsenal shirt. Rosiski back with a fine display with his first start of the season and after the game he states, perhaps he may use me a bit more now, which makes me think he has been available.

What the hell is happening down there, Walcott been supposedly fit for a month or more and still he sits on the bench, was it to wet to cold or has he now caught a little chill, Bloody unbelievable. Happy no i bloody well aint.

Steve, why do you always correlate expectation with money?

The players get the money because of the market, thats all.

Tom Cruise gets paid millions for putting on a white suit and telling some bimbo hes not as thick as he sounds and gets millions.

A bunch of Arabs buy out City because one morning they were awoken by cries of “dad dad, theres some strange oiley stuff squirting the camel”

And Barry Manilow gets $1 million per show, and we all no thats a travesty. The mans grossly underpaid.

As for Giroud, yes, the mans a terrible ponce, but every one makes mistakes mate

Wally “Wengers annual trophy”?

So getting champions league qualification 18 years running is to be sneered at is it?

That sort of attitude says more about modern society than a bunch of footballers earning loads of dosh

There is no new post today so we can do what we want πŸ™‚
    I propose we start with speculations.

Right then, it seems that Joel Campbell is on his way out (minutes after he arrived) and we are linked with Ron Vlaar, Alessio Cerci and Petr Cech.

I don’t want any of them. I want some big mother ****er of a defender. Enough is enough, no more small wingers and midfielders please

Why not? It’s a quiet day…..

New Post