Oh Santi Cazorla :)

It is no secret that I am a great admirer of Santi and though others had a good game, he really had an excellent game in all departments with his passes,dribbles,touches, shots (unlucky not to score) and of course setting up the goal for Welbeck, who leaped like a salmon to powerfully head the ball past Foster in the WBA goal. The guy is rejuvenated and Welbeck is tireless in contributing be it in attack or defence, his energy is awesome.

Arsenal celebrate after Danny Welbeck's goal at West Brom

Ramsey is still not at his best and yet again the goal he is crying out for was again just wide of the post. No doubt he is a talent, but perhaps needs to go back to basics and cut out the Hollywood passing for the time being.

To see Giroud back together with Sanchez and Welbeck was, I feel, an experiment, but will pay dividends as the season progresses. Sanchez needs a rest but we are so over reliant on him so far this season, it has to be timed carefully.

There is no doubt that Mertesacker plays far better with Koscienly besides him, and though not always pretty the defence locked far more solid, though improvement is still needed. There were times during the match where I looked back to the George Graham days.

Resting Gibbs was the right decision, but our injury curse struck once again in the shape of Monreal so Gibbs had to play the majority of the game, though he suffered a slight injury towards the end of the game, but that has yet to be assessed.

Martinez is growing with every game and his distribution is far better than OPIG and possibly will provide competition, which is no bad thing.

Wenger had this to say after the game.

“In the end our solidarity got us through when the legs went in the last 10 minutes. Maybe we were a fraction lucky on the crossbar, but overall itโ€™s a well-deserved win. We had a clean sheet against Dortmund and we had one today. Defensively we were maybe a bit more stable.”

Which I think is a fair assessment.

One has to mention the banner.

Wenger said:

“I don’t want to comment on that. I try to do my best for this club that I love. We are very united with the players and staff around the team, that’s all you can do.

“It’s easier to deal with the upwards than the downwards, but you cannot be a manager and have only one side.” Diplomatic or what ?

He may not admit it, but there is a proportion of the fan base who are losing patience and of course the media take great pleasure in fueling their desire.

I have made my stance on the manager quite clear but to be fair this ever increasing injury list doesn’t help his cause to try and cement a unit that can play week in and week out with just the odd subtle change.

The midweek match against Southampton will be a far sterner test and then perhaps we can truly see if we are progressing.

kelsey

157 Responses to Oh Santi Cazorla :)

1. Nice one Kelsey

It was a good game, played at the right tempo and apart from a slight bum squeek near the end, we deserved the win. Great goal from Welbz… incredible how high he got to get his nut to the ball.

The banner morons should never have put that up in front of a winning team.. fucking shame on those who though it appropriate. I hope they got a fucking kicking… not that I condone violence, I’m a cuddly sort of person normally :-0

2. arnie says:

That is a lovely report, Kelsey, thank you very much. ๐Ÿ™‚ It has the feel of being written yesterday and today rather than a week back! ๐Ÿ˜›

Santi was brilliant. As someone said yesterday, dont remember who, he justifies Wenger’s patience in persisting with him.

Personally, I am not yet convinced with Welbz. His energy is fantastic, and he gets into good positions, but his first touch is often poor. He had a fantastic leap yesterday to get to the end of the Santi cross. But the header is too close to the GK. Had our goalie conceded such a goal, would we be happy?

We showed a bit of purpose in attack but could not score any more goals. On another day, we might have been short. LUCKY?

It was good to have Kos back, and he was good in covering, but not in positional sense. He broke the offside trap and let Berahino in twice. Once, we were LUCKY it was wrongly flagged offisde. Again, another day ……

All in all, it was a good 3 points to put in the bag. Away and after a challenging CL game mid-week. This was 2 points more than what the Chavs managed. Good stuff. ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

But, Kelsey, you may say a proportion of FANS. For me, they are no fans at all. What kind of a fan would put this banner up after a win? If a win does not make him/her happy, why are they in the ground? Are they infiltrators or supporters of another club? What proportion are they really? Did the silent majority not enjoy the result and the game yesterday?

The mind boggles, but seriously I think these numpties are either truants or insane. They are no FANS! ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

3. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Nice one Raddy,
    Two clean sheets and two good wins and all the interviewers want to talk about is a shit sign in the middle of 30.000 fans.

I too have questioned Wengers approach since the start of the season, Why it has taken all this time to shut the back door i really don’t know. Injuries and the amount we have, is simply unbelievable, but we have seen injuries before and i have no doubts that we shall see many more in the future, but that is no reason to leave big holes at the back.

Banners held by cretins should be ignored, as anybody who holds one, is not a genuine Gooner. Yes we all ask questions, we have AGM’s where one or two people try and embarrass whoever is taking the flack, But at the end of the day, who are they asking the questions for, not the fans as i don’t want our people ridiculed in front of the media, And i am sure most Gooners have issues but still support through thick and thin.

Wenger is stubborn we all know that, he doesn’t do things exactly like some of us would want, many like myself, would like to see him change some of his ways, but when you look at the record books and see we compare very well with every other team, you realise why he is our manager and not us.

Yes Wenger can frustrate Yes he talks like a stuck record yes he leaves subs to the last minute and yes he often picks players who perhaps you wouldn’t, but at the end of the day, or should i say season, look where we are in the league and where we have been for many many years. A good Gooner would hold their arms up and say well done Arsene, you piss us off, but you are quality.

4. stevepalmer1 says:

Again i have F-cked up well done Kelsey. ๐Ÿ™‚

5. Well it seems that one of the blog administrators is awake… they’ve changed the heading and put in a great photo… well done! ๐Ÿ™‚

I woke up with a song in my head …

Give me an A
    Give me an R etc etc

Not heard it in a long time.

Kelsey. Your write up’s continue to improve, well done.

I think AW was disappointed by the Giroud/ Welbeck partnership. When questioned he said it worked “in glimpses” which is as damning as AW can be of his players (in public).

I felt it didn’t allow Alexis as much freedom as usual thanks to Welbeck moving both slides of OG. When Theo returns and Welbz is forced into a left hand channel the may be more cohesion.

IMO the TV cameras made Berahino onside. The camera angle was from behind him and as he was about 6″ on (maybe less) …. you get the idea:-)

7. Why is it that there are more comments on AA when the smut is flowing, then talk about football and the Arsenal winning, it all dries up ๐Ÿ™‚

Crystals

What joy and happiness it gives me to know you had to get up early and work on my behalf, especially today, given I missed the game. So thank you ๐Ÿ™‚

I heard the team before KO yesterday and I was not happy I must say. I did think this is a side that can go away, do a job, and get home with three points.

My beef was two “big ‘uns” in the same side. I know Danny can put in a shift wide, but he ain’t no Ox skipping down the flanks getting chalk on his boots.

Sounds like Kos’ return was a massive boost, but no surprise there.

Back to painting, but sadly, not in a creative sense.

10. stevepalmer1 says:

On the stream i watched, Michael Owen sounded as if he had been offended by the linesman’s offside decision, he went on for ages until i cried out for f-cks sake Owen shut the f-ck up.

Now we all know had that happened down their end Owen wouldn’t have seen it as he would probably be putting a bet on one of his Nags’

What ever happened to an unbiased pundit. Wenger in his time as Arsenal manager, must have certainly ruffled a few feathers, Now i have watched many many Wenger interviews, I know he talks in a different language to most of us, and i am not talking French here, but i don’t really think he has ever really slated anybody off. In fact he seems as if he only wants to talk about our togetherness and his logic .

Now i have been a staunch supporter of his since he came, and remember well the Arsene Who !! tag, but the man has been a gentleman from the off, he has a very stiff upper lip and i remember there being accusations about his sex life when he came, but after a Wenger warning that he would sue any body and everybody if they said anything out of order, that seemed to quieten things down.

Pundits presenters interviewers footballers Managers owners supporters, have had their say about our Arsene, and in reply Arsene has always stated that he loves the club and loves his job. Other managers have tried to wind him up, are they trying to big themselves up at his expense or are they \jealous of how the club defend him. Who fucking cares, his the Arsenal Manager and will probably be there till they all take their pensions,

Wenger doesn’t worry, Kroenke doesn’t worry, so why the f-ck should we.

11. Micky

Emulsion and a roller…. and a bit of masking tape ๐Ÿ™‚

12. โ€˜morning all, thank you Kelsey for a fair-minded summation.

One nil to The Arsenal, a clean sheet, three points and yetโ€ฆ..not a totally convincing performance against a team not generally counted in the top level.

For me the one positive was Koscielnyโ€™s return to the starting line-up, although, as Arnie points out, more work is needed on holding the line but Iโ€™m sure that will come with a few more practice sessions, hopefully between now and Wednesday. The full-back seesaw (when one goes forward the other should stay back) wasnโ€™t working entirely without the odd hiccup but the defence as a whole was quite an improvement over some of the performances in the recent past.

The jury is very much still out on using Giroud, Welbeck and Alexis together, they seemed to be getting in each others way and failing to link up in any meaningful sense. Perhaps, again, some practice sessions may be of help.

Overall it seems that our manager has at last recognised the need for a cohesive defence and that a gung ho attitude is not always appropriate and for that we should be grateful.

On the banner, it was a stupid thing to do, particularly after an away win, yet everybody has the right to express an opinion. As the Arsenal stewards immediately stamp down on any show of dissent at the Emirates, away matches represent one of the few options for dissatisfied fans to express their disapproval.

Cheers, kelsey.
    Factual and concise.

BR
    Another thing about the Berahino offside was that when proving it was onside, they used the camera view behind the goal with the line drawn across Koscielny’s foot.
    Berahino’s feet were marginally behind this line, What nobody has pointed out is that it is any part of the body with which you can score a goal must be taken into account when you judge offside. Berahino was bent at the waist leaning forward so his head would be two foot further forward than his feet.
    It just makes you wish the commentators and pundits knew the rules.

chas. Evidence comes second when creating a media narrative.

15. ha ha Chas………. and it’s not even April 1st

Oh. go on then………..

Bring back the smut or I will lose my job ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, Liverpool fans fighting each other after the game which they won all about Brendan Rodgers ๐Ÿ˜‰

This about sums up the #bannerwankers

Hey, George Graham is 70 today.

22. Chas

Is that Kevin Keegan behind George?

Thanks for the read Kelsey.

When Cazorla first arrived we all saw immediately what a good player he was. This, in my opinion, was largely due to the fact that he was able to play in his prefered position.

Yesterday, we again saw him at his best, I am trying to work out who was missing when Cazorla first arrived and who was missing yesterday, hmmmmmm, I wonder?

24. Kelsey
    I have to ask the permission of Peaches and Eddie before that can be done ๐Ÿ™‚ perhaps chas can break the rules, but I can’t.

25. wally says:

I liked yesterday’s game. WBA is a respectable side. I thought we looked much more settled all across the field. Can we be better? Of course. But considering where we’re coming from….I do like that 4-3-1-2, given time and one could see how others could slot into that formation.
    As to the whinging about signs I don’t get it. People will voice their opinion regardless of the situation or the number of scolds. Once in awhile, when we continually make the same errors I agree with them, as do others. But in the end so what. No amount of whinging is going to change it. What will change it is results and so it’s up to the players and the manager to shut them up. If it helps the team play better and get results then I’m all for it.

LB

Ozil perhaps. One could argue when at his best Cazorla offers more than Ozil, but then again Ozil is nearly always stuck out on the wing.

According to some reports apart from the Ox,Gibbs and Monreal having some sort of injury so has Mertesacker who appeared to be limping towards the end of the game, though I didn’t notice it.

Can anyone confirm that about Pers.

So a Wenger Out banner might help the team play better.
    Now I’ve heard it all.

29. The Cockie Monster says:

Nice one Kelsey !.

What you describe as a limp is probably a sprint in Mertesackers case !.
    Bean busy this morning helping Rasp roll up a banner !. hahaha

30. Is it time for the ‘smut’ yet?

31. The Cockie Monster says:

`69er
    I liked chas`s yoga photo earlier, it made a difference to having “Rack Of The Day !”. Maybe we can have “Buns of the Day !” as well !.

##WARNING ! ## possible arousal !.

32. The Cockie Monster says:

Damn !….I wanted some hot looking Buns, not some cross ones !.

33. The Cockie Monster says:

How about for the AA ladies……..”Cock of the Day !”.

34. Actually chas @2:22

That’s a lovely painting ๐Ÿ™‚

Yip. No smut from me. ๐Ÿ™‚

36. That last post of mine, the majority of women wouldn’t recognise that view ha ha

37. aizedlittlemozart says:

good day all…..& top post sir kelsey, nothing to disagree with there.

Don’t know how to analyse the OG12-Danny combo yet, I still haven’t seen the game…but my 1st thought was too big men up front can’t be bad. we know OG’s a handful for any defence, a battering ram if you will. with alexis & Danny doing the pressing alongside OG it can’t be all that bad. defend from the front.

Boy are we unlucky with injuries or what!!!!! DAFUQ?!!!!! have we had more than 2 straight games without casualty? talk about spanner in the bosses works.

Santi was the man in his 1st season & I believe we were missing jack then. Ozil came & we were all creaming ourselves in waiting for the ozil-santi combo to kick off (santi was injured start of season). Jack was already back & playing like “i’m the dog’s bollocks”. Santi returned & things did not quite turn out how we had all dreamed it.

I believe that the playing style of some players doesn’t compliment other players. Santi & jack are both ball carrying players but santi knows more often than jack when to let go of the ball. Fatigue aside I expect santi to run the show more efficiently in jacks absence. & seeing as ozil should return before our Jacky boy is better for the team chemistry in my opinion.

SHARD?!!!!

38. See what you’ve started Kelsey ๐Ÿ™‚

39. Same Artist I think?

40. aizedlittlemozart says:

Oh & when I saw the headline I could have sworn Eddie for some reason had written the post. we all know she loves her some santi ๐Ÿ™‚

41. That’s it………….. I’m out of here.

I think you have got egg on your face,NB ๐Ÿ™‚

43. aizedlittlemozart says:

anybody remember me saying something earlier in the season about Southampton along the lines “their fall out from top4 will be swift & sure”? just hope we continue from where manShitty left it on Wednesday.

what a goal from Morrales!!!

A Oxlade Knee Injury 3rd Dec 14
    K Gibbs Ankle/Foot Injury 3rd Dec 14
    W Szczesny Hip Injury 3rd Dec 14
    Y Sanogo Hamstring Injury 3rd Dec 14
    T Walcott Groin/Pelvis Injury 6th Dec 14
    D Ospina Hip/Thigh Injury 13th Dec 14
    M Debuchy Ankle/Foot Injury 13th Dec 14
    M Arteta Calf Muscle Strain 21st Dec 14
    J Wilshere Ankle/Foot Injury 28th Feb 15
    M Ozil Knee Ligament 1st Jan 15
    N Monreal Knee Injury no return date

what about Diaby, is he back soon?

Great summary Kelsey, looking at the injury list it appears that only Wilshere and Ozil are long term and Monreal is unknown.

So if the injury devil has finished with us and moves elsewhere we could be in good shape at the start of 2015.

Eddie,

I forgot all about Diaby – maybe I assumed that it didn’t really matter as he always gets re-injured?

you forgot about Diaby??!! GN5, shame on you ๐Ÿ™‚

I am sad to report that our neighbours are playing some very good footy

No Rasp,No GIE,No RA,No Shard and No peaches today. Is there a plot brewing ๐Ÿ™‚

51. aizedlittlemozart says:

plots…hmm…do we have an in-house Holmes to look into the absences? we could have an ET abduction case on our hands people

At least 5 (perhaps7) of those injuries are to first teamers. No wonder we are struggling

Kelsey. Or RL, Gooner B, Pat7, Chary , Terry etc

Either it is quiet or they don’t like you ๐Ÿ˜ฆ

kelsey

Rasp is disgusted that Wenger said we may have been a bit lucky with Berahino’s header.

GIE is disgusted that it’ll be 2030 before his boys’ll be able to buy him a beer in the pub.

RA is disgusted that he commented 26 times on Friday and only got 23 responses.

Shard is disgusted because he’s often misinterpreted when he’s a teensy bit wasted.

Peaches is disgusted at the level of bakery smut innuendo on the blog today.

55. aizedlittlemozart says:

with that injury list I can’t help but be optimistic for next year, hoping that wen they come back they stay uninjured.

BR, who would be yur 1st 11 plus 5 bench all fully fit?

but where is Terry ๐Ÿ™‚

I love you too,Raddy ๐Ÿ™‚

Terry is still celebrating

A new toupee , chas

What we could do, which I’m sure would be helpful, is make a full list of the disgusted, then mock them mercilessly ๐Ÿ™‚

Have we signed anyone yet?

Are you saying I’m not being helpful. ๐Ÿ™‚

No I’m saying, and quite clearly, let’s pick on others behind their backs.

If nothing else, might flush the bastards out.

63. The Cockie Monster says:

Transplant was one of the youngest toupee wearers in Bounds Green`s history, a time coincidently, that a number of dogs went missing in the neighbourhood !.

Hahahahaha

Where is everyone?

Now that is a very good question,RL

Just watched Chas’ Sham vid
    JP must be 60. Nice work ๐Ÿ™‚

Just looking at GN5’s injury return dates.
    Don’t care about defenders, but The Ox. Says Dec 3. Are these things accurate or are the club just trying to lure me there on Wednesday under falsies?

Whoever is playing it will be a good game.

When do we discover where we are going in the CL?

True, but I love me flair players.

Guess after the Galatasaray game a week on Tueday. Normally a Friday, I think

Spain? Madrid?

Do you think that if The Ems crowd are particularly nice to that Schneiderlin fella, he might stay?

He isn’t CL Cup tied which would be a bonus.

He went off at half time today.

Ok, before I go, maybe we need some site suggestions.
    Here are mine:

6-9 am Morning Club
    9-12 Football Chat. Tactics Bollocks etc
    12-1pm Transfer Goss
    1-2 Gentlemen’s Club
    2-2.05 Ladies Club
    2.05 onwards Whatever

Chas
    He’s on his way already?

A tad generous on the ladies club Micky ๐Ÿ™‚

Rasp

The Gentleman’s Club does tend to run over time, so I can envisage their 5 mins being eaten into

Are you expecting an amnesty from peaches’ mum for the gentleman’s club?

She won’t have a clue what’s going on. Strict door policy. Quite right too ๐Ÿ™‚

Accountants hour? Slap heads forum?

Now we’re on a roll, and I feel a new format emerging as we speak.

Sod the rest of them, shall we take a vote right now?

Port and cigars for the gentleman’s slot then – chocolates and pink rosรจ for the girls ๐Ÿ˜•

Well, and a massive spliff for the hippy ๐Ÿ™‚

Must toddle off now, but I leave safe in the knowledge that AA is in the hands of a visionary leader ๐Ÿ™‚

Nite Rasp

Nite Micky ๐Ÿ™‚

87. arnie says:

ha ha ha, nice batner. ๐Ÿ˜›

That is so funny

The AA schedule by Micky at 8.36

Genius, pure genius.

You have such a great sense of humour.

89. arnie says:

hmmm. that George Harrison trick did not work. have to think of something new. ๐Ÿ˜›

90. arnie says:

91. arnie says:

92. Gรถรถner In Exile says:

Evening all, sorry haven’t been on sooner to wallow in the bath that is a 1-0 victory. We have had a day at the zoo, I don’t really like zoos but it was a beautiful day here (for November) and it was the best of a bad bunch of options. A bad bunch because since Harty arrived we are back to looking at facilities before we look at entertainment value.

Nice report Kelsey.

There were a few things of note to me.

A proper 4-3-3, by that I mean 3 proper forwards supported by 1 play maker.

I wonder whether this is the 3 Arsene has been aiming for since the days of Theo Van Nasregas, with the ability to finally spend money we are starting to have a front five/six to rival those of Chavs and City, admittedly that only appears that way if everyone is fit. Any combination of Ozil, Ollie, Welly, Theo, Alexis and Sanogo should give some back fours a few sleepless nights leading up to the game.

I know some would like to see Oxhiven more of a run but I can see him becoming more central eventually.

Behind yesterday’s front three Santi pulled the strings, the ball noticeably moved from front to back quicker, and Flamster was rarely seen further than ten yards in front of the back four.

The table looks more interesting this evening, so many have jumped to crown Maureen and Chavs champions yet City are now only 6 points behind, a few more draws and the gap will be closer still or non existent. Apparently some bookmakers had already paid out….after 12 games!! few more bookings for Costa and despite BT sports Fletch saying injuries don’t matter he has 2/3 in every position I’d guess a long term injury to just one of their back four could leave them exposed, let alone two.

Good points GiE.

I also noticed the Flamster’s more disciplined role.

It’s not really his fault – he’s never been a proper DM. In 2008 – in a team with Cesc and Hleb – he was more of a box-to-box player with a more defensive mindset than the other midfielders, but he didn’t sit in front of the back four.

Yesterday he played as a traditional DM and I think the team benefited from it.

SNOW FLAKES

Get in there ๐Ÿ™‚

Chas
    Do you have a special Christmas Jumper. You know, with Rudolph on it and shit? I bet The Beatles wore them.

Actually, changing the subject slightly, someone told me on Saturday I should take up yoga what with being old and trying to be bendy and surf, and of course it made me think of what kind of tight, but flexible, trousers were out there on the market. Don’t know, perhaps there are images somewhere of Ladies modelling such garments.

YOU CAN READ MY MIND ๐Ÿ™‚

98. Good morning

Is this where I sign in for the Morning Club? or should I go to the Slaphead Forum ๐Ÿ™‚

Not pressing the button, and you know it ๐Ÿ™‚

Bloody love a snowy winter scene I do

Now NB, thing is this, we’ve had a change of plan and we’re now sensitive chaps and pro women’s rights and all that bollocks, ok?

And I must admit, while I was keen to know what to wear for yoga, I was offended by the Chas pic.

103. yea ok. I can be a ‘feminist’ new man sort of geezer!

ha ha for both ๐Ÿ™‚

I wonder if City can still catch up with Chavs? I’d love that

106. Eddie darling

I prefer to think that we can catch up with the Chavs……… pull yourself together woman ๐Ÿ™‚

no chance nb. We might be trying to catch up with Spurs if they play like they did yesterday

What’s that vid – me and Peaches?

there you are Micky – yoga for men

109. ha ha I thought you may relate to that Ab Fab vid, you and Peaches, I can just imagine ๐Ÿ™‚

peaches doesn’t smoke, but is more sophisticated than me ๐Ÿ™‚

Yoga for more cuddly men:

111. That;s a photo of Arnie there! Looks ball breakingly painful.

and for those who like tattoos

yoga class for AAers (Chas, micky and who’s the friend?)

so how is it for you guys seeing a few more naked bodies? Enjoying? Shall I post a few more?

115. See, the boys are being really refrained today and Eddie starts the smut… ๐Ÿ™‚

Is that you NB? You look friendly than I’d imagined.

Eddie as Eddie from Ad Fab, that’s brilliant ๐Ÿ™‚

and younger with the beard coloured ๐Ÿ™‚

stop it Micky or I will have to change my name

118. Eddie being a geezer ha ha

more yoga then

lots of hair. like Kelsey ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

121. poigmothoin says:

Eddie, you have shocked me, smutmeistress. ๐Ÿ™‚

ha ha ha ha ๐Ÿ™‚

123. Eddie proving that the girls can be worse than the boys ๐Ÿ™‚

124. I’m unimpressed with some of the images being posted, not only because my mum looks at the blog but others have children that look at the blog too.

We are not to become a porn site

125. ooops! Eddie , you’re in trouble

126. ha ha Peaches arrives and everyone scuttles off to hide behind the sofa ๐Ÿ™‚

Peaches
    Can I buy you a kebab on Wednesday, or some flowers or something smelly, or fizzy? ๐Ÿ™‚

I have only posted those photos to fight back the smut!!!
    Under no circumstances do I enjoy looking at photos of genitals. No nb, I am most definitely not ‘dirty’

Morning all ……