The only positives: 3 points and Sanchez.

We are somewhat away from a top four finish unless things improve dramatically. Our attacking play in the second half was embarrassing.We should have had at least 6 goals but more tippy tappy or terrible shooting.

I can only hope the win might jolt these lads into something resembling last season’s form, but you have to agree as unit we were pretty ordinary against a crap team, and unfortunately not for the first time this season..

When you are 1-0 up against a team that got thrashed 8-0 last week it is a dangerous game to sit back and let the opposition take control. We just can’t seem to put a game to bed. I have said it before,we play as a group of individuals, not the team of fluid passing that we saw for much of last season.Several players seem to have lost confidence and/or out of form.We had options on the bench in Rosicky and Podolski so why not use them.Can Wenger actually motivate these lads? It is a serious question.

Many thought Rosicky would never recover after so many set backs,but he has,so why not use him.Podolski obviously doesn’t feature in Wenger’s plan, yet he alone may have secured us an advance from the group stages. I wonder how he is feeling. Then there is Campbell. He had a good World Cup yet had never played for us.Why not sell him at the optimum time or play him.

I can’t accept that the players were fatigued after making hard work in just about beating a poor Anderlecht team.If we had real squad depth that question wouldn’t be asked. Now with Gibbs injured and Arteta who will get injured time and time again we hardly have the numbers to field a defence. Should a top club be in that position, even allowing for injuries which is nothing new for us.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger: “You could feel that we had a lot of the ball and Sunderland were focused on defending very well. They came out with more purpose in the second half but on the break we had many chances. We played away on Wednesday and again today so what was most important was the points. In life you can always improve but what was important for us today was to get the three points and keep a clean sheet.

“Sanchez is not scared to take the ball and go at you anywhere and that is very important. He got two goals but we want more.

“I think Kieran Gibbs has a hip problem. He wanted to go on but he couldn’t. Mikel Arteta got a kick on his thigh but I don’t think it’s bad.

All I will say is that this present squad is like Gruyère 🙂

Sanchez is a wonderful player I just hope he doesn’t get burned out.It is putting a lot of pressure on him and others need to up their game.

kelsey

259 Responses to The only positives: 3 points and Sanchez.

1. wally says:

Couldn’t agree with you more. We look rudderless out there. There seems to be a complete lack of leadership on the field. Not a general in the side.

Flamini and Arteta as a dual pivot is absolutely feckless.

And with Gibbs gone, again….

And then you watch Southampton, which lost half their team, a new manager, sits in second for the moment and I sit here wondering what is happening there that isn’t happening here.

2. Well done Bouffant man

I knew you could do it 🙂

I’m i n your camp mate, Wenger needs to get this team motivated asap. If not I can envisage Sanchez putting in an early request for transfer. His body language just screams: ” What the fuck have I come to”
    He is a class act but is obviously feeling let down by his team mates. Lets hope things improve over the next month or so.

3. Pat7 says:

October 26, 2014 at 11:44 am

I just put this in on the old one to find the new so i will now read:

I am amazed how cheerful this site is this morning with apparently no concern of what went on yesterday. I think Kelsey and i see it the same way though i await his review.

My comments at this stage are:

With the team flagging obviously at the hour point, why were players not introduced to lift our guys as it was looking a matter of time that Sunderland got that (freak that seems to happen to us often) equaliser….

With guys like Ramsey and Rosicky obviously fit and used eventually what caused the delay that will ultimately have an effect on their match fitness for the next game not only on the recovery of the first eleven but on the squad rotation feeling – we are still playing like a squad of old…90′ plus or close for all yesterday bar the injuries who will now get their rest as a result.

If not for Sanchez’ energy we would be sunk for those three points. The players are all jaded so why not switch at least one, i thought Cazorla yesterday, that much earlier to give him a break as he was obviously nacked.

Those in performance will know that when you are into ‘overtraining syndrome’ (over-stress for whatever cause, does not need to be ACTUAL training) you are more prone to injury, sickness, mental lapses etc and that is what i see out there each time i watch now.

I am sad at this, though very pleased like you all with the three points. I just think this could be so much better! Wenger needs a person or team with him that can update him on new tech etc just as Fergie very wisely chnged his lieutenants quite regularly. He is a manager not a jack of all trades!

Well done, Kelsey. 🙂

A very good Post, and I do not know what you were worrying about.

I did not see the game live, but, from the limited highlights I did see, it seems you are spot on.

It is fine, in my opinion, to call it as you see it, and if Arsenal did not play well there is nothing wrong in saying that.

The win and the three points makes it more palatable.
    I am not the only one who has seen Arsenal play the opposition off the park and not score only then to lose to a flukey goal.

Swings and roundabouts, I suppose. 🙂

5. Pat7 says:

Well done Kelsey! You are picking up the same signs as me. Danny seemed more on the left wing yesterday so yes why not Pod or Joel? We needed energy and our two energy men were sitting on the bench – What is that about? They were fit as they were brought on but so, so late……..

6. Pat7 says:

I saw the whole thing live and believe me there was no dominance from the point they did not have chances to score. We looked so jaded with shots when attempted not great, corners mainly at shoulder height so cut off, passing breaking down – it just was not pretty as we have seen often now.

7. Chinnychinchin says:

A clean sheet not a positive?

8. Chinnychinchin

There is always a positive 🙂

9. Arsenal travel to the North East
    And everyone is expecting a feast
    of goals, coz Sunderland are leaking
    But Arsenal lack the tactical tweeking

But Wes Brown cocks up well ‘n’ good
    And Sanchez does what he should
    He runs through on goal so quick
    And chips Vito who just looks sick

Then further poor play by the gunners
    Sees no goals from our front runners
    Till Vito steps in once again, poor sod
    And Sanchez takes the gift …. my God

Not a super performance by us
    But Sunderland seem poor under Gus
    And three points is all that matters
    And we left poor Vito in tears ‘n’ tatters

10. leo1281 says:

Yesterday when the game was at about 80 minutes and Sunderland was coming for it and we just seated back without any changes from the bench, I finally had this feeling that Mr. W. really lost the plot.

Wasn´t it clear that there were a lot of player underperforming, yet again? Why not try something different? The same approach is clearly not giving us different results in terms of gameplay and players. There are options on the bench, right?

Finally, I can live wiht an underperforming player who gets into positions, tracks back, and never stops trying. Yesterday, and for two PL matches in a row, Chamberlain was simply awful: uninterested, lazy, and getting almost full time gameplay ( I already watched the game twice! ).

Sorry lads, I just had to take that out of my chest…

11. You seem to have read my mind Kelsey.

That brings me onto a worry of mine. Did anyone see Akexis’s reaction at the final whistle at Anderlecht?

To me it said “I’m doing it all on my own. Why won’t anyone else put any effort in?”

This situation can go one of two ways: everyone else sees the enormous shifts Alexis puts in and they try to match him or they don’t and Akexis thinks why should I bother if no one else does and agitate for a move at the end of the season.
    At the moment the latter scenario looks more likely IMHO.

Needless to say I disagree.

It was obvious from the start that Sunderland were going to fight and fight hard. They defended very deep in order to stop taking another thrashing.

Think on this. Did Szczesny make a save? No, he did not.

Yet all the above think about is how poor we are.

Cobblers. We did what was necessary, took 3 points away from home and go into the game with Burnley with the opportunity to win 3 games on the spin.

BTW Kelsey. Thanks for the post 😉

13. arnie says:

Lovely stuff, Kelsey. 🙂 Well done.

No surprises, I throroughly disagree with your prognosis. Dont know where to begin though. So I will just list a few points, in no specific order.

1. Let us leave our work in the TW aside for the moment. We are where we are, and moving forward, at least until January, looking back at the TW is regressive, not progressive.

2. We are at the moment way off the level that this team can play. Yay, yay, I know injuries and new players, lame excuses all. We know what we need to do, and that requires doing better.

3. We were pants at the beginning of the season but now we are improving. We have now strung together a paltry run of two wins in a row. Yes, paltry, but we have done so. Not 0 wins, not 1 win, but 2 wins and counting. Credit where one is due.

4. IMO, our first problem was leaking goals. Yes, new personnel, lack of bench strength, an overambitious keper, fatigue, injuries, lame excuses all. We have been shocking at the back. We have conceded just too many goals for a club of our stature.

Yesterday was the first time since 20 Sept (Villa away) that we did not concede. We tried to be tight at the back, deliberately. We played both Arteta and Flamster together. We reducced the runs forward that BFG would usually make. And it worked. No goals conceded, well done to the good guys. Credit where it is due.

5. Our other problem has been co-ordination upfront, and poor first touches. I agree, we are lucky that Alexis is putting in a fantastic shift. But this is working. We pressed opposition in possession, something that we do not usually do, and it worked. They started pissing in their pants at the sight of Alexis, and we scored twice.

Fortune favours the brave, we were fortunate yes, and we deserved our win.

6. We are far from the 4th place trophy, yes, but not that far away. We are closing in. We are exactly 2 points away after a quarter of the season has been played.

We are improving, so we should be there or thereabouts in another two games. Two very winnable games, against Burnley and Swansea.

So, given that we are improving, my final point is that this is the wrong time to go bashing the team. This has been a good week. Support the good guys. COYG.

Chary. Do you think Alexis came because he is a Gooner or because he thought he would win more silverware than with Barca?

No. He came for the money and the money will be the same whether his team-mates put in a shift or not.

It would be interesting to see how far the other players ran. My impression is that Welbz works equally as hard and Flamster certainly does. Both FB’s , Ox and Santi put in a heavy shift as well.

GIE. Can you find the info?

arnie

it wasn’t a case of bashing the team. It was a prognosis of this particular game and a few questions asked about Wenger.

16. Big Randy, the only one of our players who’s a Gooner is on loan at West Ham do agreed there.

I don’t expect our players to be gooners merely that they put in a professional effort on the pitch.

NB. 1.19. Is that Wordsworth or Keats?

Chary. My point is that we only notice Alexis because he gets so much of the ball. I suggest that others work and run just as hard.

19. arnie says:

Kelsey. Absolutely fair enough. The comment on bashing was not intended for you. Poor wording, apols.

My simply wanted to place a counter-argument to your prognosis. So that we can have a discussion. 🙂

20. arnie says:

Lovely poetry, NorthBank. 🙂

And lovely analysis, Raddy. If only yours came in before I started writing mine! Snap. 😛

Chary/ Raddy. I am a bit utopian. I expect the good guys to be not only professional, but value their shirt a bit as well. Which is another way of saying, I expect them to be a bit of a Gooner, not entirely, but a bit! 😛

You are joking Raddy 🙂

Sanchez is a cut above any other forward/attacker that we have, in fact I would say he is the best bit of business we have done for years.

No problem arnie 🙂

22. arnie says:

Chinnychinchin. Fair point, as I have said above. 🙂 Our first clean sheet for a while now, yes! If we can keep that going for the next 5 games in all competitions. Wow! well and truly Wow! 😛

23. aizedlittlemozart says:

thanks for the post kelsey.

where to start….

“we could have had @ least 6 goals but more tippy tappy or terrible shooting”.

for the “tippy tappy”, i’d say it is our trademark, always has been under AW. & then, why just shoot cos u can? As BR said sunderland came to defend, 10 men behind the ball, why shoot into a crowd of bodies? I do agree though that when we did shoot, it was wayward, alexis had one early on, & then santi had some horrible ones.

“pretty ordinary against a crap team, & unfortunately not for the 1st time…”

fortunately, for the 2nd consecutive time its brought 3 full points. great game against manShitty…just the 1 point. good controlled game away to gazprom on fulham…..no points. Hull….1 point. you get my drift. Like jack said after anderlecht, & AW after yesterday, 3 points was the ultimate goal & it was achieved.

“..we play like a group of individuals……..rosicky & podolski…….can he motivate them?”

starting from the community shield game, we had fluid game play, very fluid game play. up till our home draw with manShitty, we had a manageable to good level of cohesion (take away the away game vs BVB). what happened? Injuries! slow, sure & steady decimation of our “squad” by injuries. No one can argue about the effects on any team the amounts of injuries we have can cause.

Don’t underestimate the loss of OG. the impact on our build up play his absence has caused is sure.
    As for the back line, someone said & I agree that letting jenks go on loan meant ballerin was actually the deputy RB, and after seeing chambers in CB, the coach felt he was cover enough for TV05.

so then, we have debuchy injured (freak injury) & kos & now Gibbs. our 2nd RB is playing as 2nd RB, our 3rd CB is playing as 3rd CB & our 2nd LB is playing as 2nd LB. I honestly still do not see what the problem is? *& at 19 tony Adams & jack wilshere & cesc fabregas were 1st eleven. If you are good enough, you are old enough*

as for podolski & rosicky( my greatest), i’ll point you to the CoC game versus Southampton.
    Can we make subs earlier? Yes. Has the timing of our subs had a negative impact on results so far this season? Not in any game I can remember. that too is something I believe worries most fans just mentally for now.

its hard to build any fluency in game play when your starting eleven keeps getting chopped & changed weekly. Like arnie(?) said, the TW is closed so again no point looking back. & can we stop saying “if not for sanchez this, if not for sanchez that”…sanchez did not sign himself you know? If we have a hustler in the squad its because we bought a hustler, & not by mistake neither.

our wounded will return, we will play 5 games on the trot with the same 11, our passing game will smoothen out, & then, we WILL wow this league.
    PS; just for some perspective, I give you BVB, 14th in the German league & still losing, with a coach that has been used to flog AW, “innovative, motivational, younger & hungrier”…they also have been really affected by injuries.

its easy to speak about motivation or lack of it, but a squad not playing well cannot seriously be wholely blamed on a lack of motivation. Are manUre unmotivated? Liverpool? ManShitty? Everton? Sometimes faith & trust also bring out the best. In a game like yesterday removing all poor players would have meant removing santi, ox, welly. With gibbs’ injury one had to stay, AW chose to leave santi on. Good move if you ask me. Why? With ozil out, he will play a lot more in that middle, he needs all the motivation & trust.

Bring on burnley!!! COYRRRRG!!!

We have a 23 man squad (under PL rules) plus Chambers, Ox, Sanogo amd Gnabry (and a raft of other youth team)

Point?

How can you make it deeper?

We all asked for stability at the end of the last term with additions, for the most part we got that, everyone agreed adding too many and losing too many was risky.

We replaced Fab1 with Ospina, Sagna with Debuchy, Vermaelen with Chambers and added Sanchez and brought Campbell and Coquelin into the fold.

Injuries:

Giroud
    Debuchy
    Koscielny
    Ozil
    Walcott

And that’s up to yesterday’s game.

We won yesterday because of our squad depth not in spite of it.

But Kelsey you obviously don’t think Wenger has it anymore and as I have tried to demonstrate over the last week what you “see” is skewed by that opinion, you focus on the negatives you perceive.

Here’s a thing, how many times have fans bemoaned us going all out for a second rather than shutting up shop? Well yesterday we did that and looked to play on the counter which in the end paid dividends.

And Southampton improved? Not really same points as last year, they just have a very kind calendar in terms of fixtures.

Like the media who predict every year that we won’t finish top 4, they’ll be right one season, but when they predict it every season it’s not exactly because they know anything about football.

25. aizedlittlemozart says:

GI Joe, I left out discussing the squad depth as I felt I had written too much. Good thing you have just touched on it.

Ps; tiny totts losing

26. arnie says:

Rambo and Theo back. Yes!!!!!!! 🙂

Spuds falling on their face. Yesss!!!!!! 🙂

27. aizedlittlemozart says:

& the totts lose hahahaaahaha!!!!

kelsey. My point was not about quality but about effort.

I think it is a total myth that Alexis works harder than others. That he is a better player is however, realistic

29. Vieira says:

Hi all, actually we replaced Jenkinson with Chambers – Vermaelen wasn’t replaced.

I’d say we replaced Jenkinson with Bellerin.
    Oh, and we also added Welbeck.

Also to follow a few photos to cheer you all up.

32. aizedlittlemozart says:

Confusion.

ChelShit to lose so all this talk of invincibles can finally end & we bridge the points gap too.

manUre to lose so I have one less team to worry about …..for now. Plus I detest them equally & want to see LVGhoul look more red than fergieCheat.

Can both teams lose?

GIE
    I really don’t think that is fair.

I will always give credit when I believes it warrants it, yesterday to me Sanchez stood out by miles,but I won’t change my view about Wenger. I really think we have had the best of him, yet when he was good he was great.

Just read back his quotes already this season. Most are quite bizarre.
    He didn’t address the Vermaelen situation as Chambers was not bought as his replacement.

Of course the injury situation never goes away but IMO we just are not playing well or more importantly as Wenger would like us to play.
    Maybe I see the game differently to you, but I am not alone.

Regardless what happens this season win a trophy or not, qualify again for CL or not I honestly believe we need a change. Who that is, is another matter.I hope he can go out on a high.

if he stays the full three years he has a massive job in finding a number of players to bolster our defence, mainly as many are ageing.
    I

Erm because Jenkinson was a regular starter?

Bellerin replaces Jenkinson….its called getting the best out of your squad, and playing around the rules.

Hahahaha Spuds lose…..easy this Premier League lark, score a rabona against shepherds and fisherman, not so easy against professional footballers is it?

Thanks for the post, kelsey.
    Just bumping the comment numbers up. 🙂

Mozart…at times like these there is only one thing to hope for….22 man brawl and a points deduction for both 😀 hopefully some injuries too.

39. As GiE rightly points out, we have a squad. So why doesn’t Wenger use it?

After the game he muttered about playing Wednesday and again on Saturday, that the players were tired. Poldolski and Campbell aren’t, so why not play one of them instead of Welbeck who looked well off the pace on both Wednesday and yesterday. Rosicky isn’t tired, but he can’t get on the pitch because Wenger is sticking with Cazorla, who looked knackered from the start yesterday. The two good chances he put over the bar looked to be due to a lack of confidence allied to tiredness.

Now Gibbs is injured again, could that be due to over playing him so soon after his last injury? Bellerin looks good enough to start against the lesser teams and if he had Monreal could have played at left back and allowed Gibbs a rest.

Either we have a squad, in which case use it, or we have a squad which is for window dressing only and is not fit (no pun intended) for purpose.

We now have a week off, so the poor little dears can all have a nice rest. But they had better be ready for a scrap next week, Burnley may have lost 1 – 3 at home to Everton, but they were full of running and endeavour, I don’t expect them to roll over, or us to roll over them.

Talking about Brendan Rodgers, did anyone see the smug way the twat spoke in Spanish last week to answer one question, as if he was some linguistic god? Most foreign managers give press conferences in English week in week out and yet don’t look so smug.

41. arnie says:

what exactly are you saying, Kelsey? That you have set in your mind that Wenger is shit. And nothing he does or does not do is going to change it. hmmm. Am I reading you right? 🙂

42. arnie says:

Erm, Norfolk, it should be pun intended, right? 😛

Thrilled to see a return for Rack of the Day.

44. arnie says:

Norfolk. Burnley? Just scarpe it 2-0 to the Arsenal. Swansea, now that is a bit more tricky, particularly away. I would say 1-0 to the Arsenal.

Assumption? We do not concede any goals.

COYG. 🙂

45. arnie says:

I second Raddy @ 3:54. 😛

46. arnie says:

hmm. Moderation! 😛

arnie

No, I am saying that for many reasons we have had the best of the great man .

My mind isa totally different matter. I could write a book about it :).

To call AW shit would never be words I would use, and you know that.

Now GIE

You aren’t getting off lightly 🙂

Did you or did you not say before the end of last season that AW would leave ?

Please write a post so that we can see a different point of view.

48. Sorry Kelsey, I forgot to say well done with the post, you say it how it is as far as I’m concerned.

Arnie, a double sided pun maybe. 😀

I do hope there are some moves going on behind the scenes to get some reinforcements in during January.

49. arnie says:

Kelsey. 🙂

50. Here’s a bit of good news, Arsenal U21s beat Stoke away 0 – 3 with goals from Iwobi, Maitland-Niles and Gnabry who, incidently, played a full ninety minutes.

I said Kesley that if he didn’t win the FA Cup I thought he might leave, and if i was him i would have left every year for the last 8 because i would have got fed up of the constant abuse for achieving what many think is easy.

Everyone watching the match?

See how that master squad builder Maureen has been left to field a 36 year old centre forward?

And because of training injuries Falcao wasn’t able to be present for ManUre, or Ashley Young.

I’m torn by my dislike of van Pussy.
    I want him to score against the hideous chavs, but also want him to fail miserably because I hate him with every cell of my body.

He does look old and past it now, though. 🙂

54. arnie says:

never speak ill of the dead! 😛

that is a fooking disgusting photo, I wish you didn’t publish it chas

56. aizedlittlemozart says:

Adnan januzaj is 19yrs old. Imagine us playing a 19yr old against ivanovic. The sheer horror !! Oh….

Evonne
    Rack of the Day isn’t that bad. 🙂

GIE. Who scored 3 goals for Everton today?

true chas, rack of lamb isn’t bad

van pussy just scored

down the wrong end

62. arnie says:

feck, Chas, you almost gave me a heart attack there! 😛

thank you for the post Kelsey, very nice ! I didn’t agree with you last year when you raised concerns on occasions, but this year I am even more concerned than you. We are almost into a second quarter of the season and I have not seen anything to suggest that we have improved since last year. Yes, Alexi is a formidable player and I am already worried that some other club will try to poach him. But other than that – more injuries piling up, some players not playing as well as they did last season (Ramsey, Sanchez in particular) and the only bright lights are the new signings, all superb. I am worried.

GiE – 36 year old CF? I’ll sign him any day

A bankmanager was having an affair with his secretary, and took the afternoon off to make mad passionate love until late in the evening.

Afterwards he asked his puzzled secretary go into the garden and rub the soles of my shoes in the flower bed.

When he got home his wife angry that his dinner was ruined asked him where he had been.

He told her that he had a confession to make and that he was having an affair, and had been shagging his secretary all afternoon.

The wife looked at his shoes and said, “You lying bastard – you have been playing golf again!”

and what is that Chas??? A ping pong racket with a walnut, thread, golf balls and your cat’s tail, all in aid of…..?

It’s a ping pong bat.
    …..and don’t just ignore RA’s joke about golf being worse than infidelity. 🙂

I didn’t ignore the joke at all, I laughed duly and extensively

68. arnie says:

hmmm, Redders. is it “my shoes” or teh bank manager’s shoes?

which reminds me, where is Rasp?

Eddie, that sums up Arsenal fans…..complain for years that our new signings aren’t better than the players they replaced, and now they are better its a problem too.

Look no one believes we are playing well, I don’t think we are either, but the difference is some seem to think it’s going to remain that way, and others look at it in a more hopeful/positive slant that maybe it’ll get better and if we are where we are playing badly where will we be at Christmas or March if we start playing well.

Haha, John Terry born in Barking, was a Manchester United fan when he was a boy.

There was this guy who was a good samaritan who while out walking, came across a young woman lying on a path.

He ‘phoned for an ambulance and the police. The woman was taken to hospital and the police asked the guy to go to.

When asked what had happened the woman said she had fainted, and the hospital examined her and found she was pregnant, and congratulated the samaritan guy.

He told them it was nothing to do with him, but the woman insisted he was the father.

The police asked for his DNA to be checked and finally the doctor told him that not only was he not the father, but that he was infertile and probably had been since childhood.

The police then agreed to give him a lift home to his lovely wife and 5 kids.

Think carefully before being a samaritan!

72. arnie says:

I love to see beautiful football, which we are not playing at the moment. But if we keep producing teh results, who am I to complain!

Nothing tells me that this is not the year that we will not win the CL! Chavs won it playing a much worse game. 🙂

If ‘he’ was asking, ‘my’ is perfectly acceptable.

GiE – I believed every word you said for several years, but your magic stopped working now 😦 I don’t think we will recover before Christmas or even before Easter. Next season, perhaps, but do you know what – I feel like I’ve been there before.

You know I am not calling for Wenger’s head, nor will I bad mouth my team to others. But here, amongst other Arsenal supporters I think I can say honestly that I don’t believe we are serious contenders in any of the competitions 😦

It could well have been your shoes, arnie, you dirty devil – instate a confession or did you lend the guy your shoes? 🙂

“Afterwards he asked his puzzled secretary go into the garden and rub the soles of the bank manager’s shoes in the flower bed.” ….doesn’t make any sense at all. 🙂

77. arnie says:

I humbly stand corrected. 😛

arnie, did you used to be a bank manager?

I don’t think we are serious contenders this year in any competition either, Evonne, but it does not make any difference to me, other than being disappointed, obviously. 🙂

80. arnie says:

“his shoes” may be better. just being pedantic. see just how much we ignore Redders! 😛

81. arnie says:

hmmm, yes, Chas, but in my previous incarnation! 😛

It does if it was arnie’s shoes, Chas. 🙂

A policeman stops a motorist and asks, “Excuse me, Sir, have you been drinking?”

The motorist says, “Why — do I got an ugly girl next to me?”

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss!!!!! The Traitor equalises 🙂 🙂 🙂

So we can’t win the FA Cup before the 3rd round draw is made.
    Feck.

Set piece goal…..tut tut tut

Set piece goal…..tut tut tut

88. arnie says:

ok, 1-1 cannot complain, it would be better if someone else scored, though! 😦

A mortician was coming to the end of his working day when he had the body of an unknown man to examine.

He started his work when suddenly he gasped and took a step back. “my goodness, that is the biggest penis I have ever seen” he muttered to himself. “I have to take that home and show my wife”, and he snipped of the ginormous part.

When he got home he said “dear, come and look at this”.

His wife walked over took one look and shrieked, “Oh, no – Chas is dead!”

No one we know — I am sure (ish). 😀

Chavs completely outplayed the Mancs who lucked a draw.

The Idiot Savage thinks Fellaini was the games best player!!

Evonne
    It should be,
    The motorist says, “Why — do I got an ugly girl alongside me?”

You know when Exile has a juicy point to make – he says it twice. 🙂

Went to the doctor on Friday, he told me I was paranoid. I wonder who else he told

RA 🙂

I was told you only needed 3 inches – one in, one out, and one going in and out.

Nope, Chas, the motorist says, “Why, do you think I am an ugly girl, occifer? 🙂

Chas, listen, don’t let them upset you – if you want to believe that, go right ahead – don’t believe the rumours about the average guy’s six inchers – and as for accountants……… 🙂

Chelsea draw
    City lose
    Liverpool draw
    Man Utd draw
    Spurs lose

Arsenal win

Current mood

“we’re shit”

Accountants always have large columns.

100. arnie says:

I am sure GiE used his admin previleges to push the second one through. If I tried it, WordPress would say: “Sorry, duplicate comment. You have already said this”. 🙂

Don’t worry, Raddy, he only told me, and all the Arsenal team, and the AA girls and boys and……….

102. arnie says:

I am happy with shit, if we conmtinue to win games. 😛

Chas, at 6:10 p.m. 🙂

arnie, the difference is that Exile was not saying “My name is arnie, with a small ‘a’, and I am handsome and sexy” == “My name is arnie, with a small ‘a’, and I am handsome and sexy”. 🙂

105. stevepalmer1 says:

Nice one Kelsey.
    You want a joke
    Ospina Giroud Walcott Gibbs Koshielney Ozil out injured, i might have missed a couple

Right, I’m off to do something else.
    Great chatting.
    When I read this morning’s comments I felt like getting the Leonard Cohen records out. Luckily nothing could take the edge off of mine and Ant’s 6 hour round trip to bring home 3 points yesterday. 🙂
    Cheerio.

Soz, last one.

108. Ant says:

Let’s all laugh at Spuds, Chavs, Pool etc etc

109. arnie says:

well done Chas, well done Ant. How I envy you guys. Maybe, in my next life!

110. Shard says:

Sigh. It’s depressing reading that kelsey. I’m too depressed to really go over the whole dance again, so I’ll just leave it at saying I disagree with you, and agree with GIE and arnie.

I’ll also recommend reading Naveen’s tactics post on 7amkickoff and especially his comment about what he thinks the plan is. He’s been saying for a while that we’ve essentially conceded this season’s league title in order to progress. Which is what he explains in his comment. He doesn’t say whether Wenger will succeed, or whether it’ll take someone else to finish the job. But I hope an explanation of what Wenger is trying to achieve will go some way in quelling the frustration against him.

111. Shard says:

So Chelsea concede a late goal to draw. This is of course all acceptable since Mr Mourinho always has a plan, while the old man in charge of Arsenal is clueless and has players who lack mental strength.

I’m actually tired of this all the time. Regardless of whether we win, lose or draw, it seems this is all people want to talk about. Why didn’t we buy xyz. Why does the manager not do what I think would solve a problem. Blah blah.

I’m glad I was busy earlier in the day or I’d have got caught up in it. As it is, now I want to see the Rodgers’ Spanish interview to see how a smug face can look smugger. Any idea where I can find it?

Oh and I forgot to second arnie in congratulating aized (my new bestie – eat your heart out Raddy) on his rant in yesterday’s comments section 🙂

I was thinking when will I be able to do this home/away thing every week, then I realised I left it far too late to have kids, I’ll be 55 before I have freedom to do it without guilt.

All I can say is I am going to be working hard on them both to make the right choice then from 48/50 I should be able to start I home games at least 🙂

113. Shard says:

About the Sanchez thing, are we sure it is a question of effort? Raddy seems to say it isn’t and that others are working hard too.

Maybe what we’re seeing is simply someone more used to a system of pressing, while playing with confidence and freedom, while others are still trying to adjust to the new system.

114. aizedlittlemozart says:

Shard my good man!!!! Where the hell have you been?! thought I had another right rant today (positively defensive one), GIE & arnie giving me positive vibes with their comments too.

So, Maureen makes loads of defensive changes & concedes an equaliser. But of course he is the “great tactician” so he probably planned to draw all along.

Imagine the horror if we had gotten Remy & he got knackered after a few games.

Adnan Januzaj, 19yrs old, starting against chelShit. Hmmm…..

Rooney out, falcao out, 3rd choice CF?….Wilson, 18yrs old!! WoW!!! 18!!!

Terry was “Man Marking” Fellaini, but no, zonal marking is the cause of ozone depletion. & oh..oh…who was marking drogba?…a man?…who’d have thought that?…

Only team to play in the UCL & win? The Mighty Arsenal. I’ll take that all season long.

115. Shard says:

aized

I did note your post but don’t think it qualified as a rant. Besides, the rack of the day distracted me 🙂

I thought you made a good point about the COC and Rosicky and Poldi. I really like both players but they really didn’t take their chance there. I thought we did well to play Ox, despite the criticism he’s getting, unfairly I think. Sure he wasn’t great, but we’re not great right now.

Also, shooting from outside the box, the way I see it, it’s only a weapon you have that forces the opposition to react and come out to close you down rather than sit entrenched in the box. The odd spectacular goal apart, it is a very low percentage shot (apparently around 3% shots from outside the box are goals) and I don’t understand calling build up play tippy tappy in a negative sense.

I remember thinking though that it was very similar to a Barca match at times, what with us playing around their 8 men all squeezed in the box. This is no bad thing, although we obviously lack some spark in execution. I was hoping we’d ‘jolt’ back into form, but I think we’re going to have gradually build form, which is where the defensive stability (with the exception of Szczesny’s header) despite the disruption caused by Gibbs’ injury, and getting victories will help. Hopefully some easing of our injury woes will also occur and all of it together will lead to us playing better as well.

Oh I meant to say that while I agree with your analysis of the defense, I also think that we left ourselves short by one defender. Unless Hayden or Ajayi can step up (Hayden was injured prior to Anderlecht and I think is back next week.)

116. Pat7 says:

Sorry i’ve missed the discussion and have to go to bed here soon but the flak looks a bit one-sided. I have nothing against AW bar his apparent lack of moving with the times over the last several years.

With the pace and power of the modern game you cannot play with small squads anymore, especially if involved in Europe. We have tried and failed for many years and with the selected players mainly recruited after injuries, it is unsustainable. Our sick list is the proof year on year. All the modern managers rotate their squads quite drastically and add more than the 2-3 regularly to keep it current.

This year if not last we had the possibility to really make the difference – we did 50% or more of the job but left the most important positions uncovered which is why we are down to bare bones and points adrift. I stated early that Wenger is not a master but jack of all trades so we are left faltering in present company.

I only notice the performance aspects and see jaded men on the field for us bar Sanchez when other teams using their fuller squads are still flying around the pitch crisply. We have shown the odd 20′ here the odd half there of what we can do but have generally struggled throughout because even key players of last term like Rosicky, Pod and new recently proven guys like Campbell and Bellerin are not being used when possible, even for the last 25, 15 – it makes no sense. The more the key players tread water out there the longer their recovery times. What happened to the 70′ rule Wenger used to talk about? – he is not even following that of late!

I applaud the three points and the clean sheet but you have to look at the quality of the opposition too and make comparisons with the top teams. I still expect us to make top four but we will not challenge if this continues. I would love to see Maureen beaten but fear he is out of sight from us: modern man, winner at all costs (not that i admire that – i competed against enough of them) but he employs the tactics and people to do the job where we just have holes and hopes!

Shard your wish my command:

Need to scroll til about 5:45

118. wally says:

Anyone who thinks this team is playing well has lost the plot. Lost it completely.

Apart from Cazorlas egregious misses this team never looked dangerous or looked like scoring.
    Who wants to stand up and say we looked coherent? That we were dangerous? That a similar performance against any other team would have yielded similar results.

Anyone think those scowls crossing Sanchez’ face are scowls of joy? Please.

I’m with you on hoping it gets better. But let’s not delude ourselves that all is well. That serves no purpose whatsoever.

119. Shard says:

Woah.. He looked almost scary. And it wasn’t even an impressive performance. Weirdo.

Wally you seem to think that those of us that enjoyed the win think the team is playing well, no one thinks that. But if we are winning when not playing well that is a good thing…surely? And if we can find the right recipe and start playing well where will we get to?

The thing is deluding ourselves that all is well serves as much purpose as sticking the knife into the management and the team at every opportunity, actually it probably serves a better purpose as at least if people who thought like that were in the ground the team may feel like they have the supporters on their side. Kind of like when the fans travel 6-10 hours north to support the team, you need some kind of delusion otherwise you wouldn’t bother making the journey, that delusion leads to those fans singing “We’re by far the greatest team”, which in turns leads to the players wanting to play for them.

So in fact you’re wrong, delusion is good for the team.

121. aizedlittlemozart says:

GIE…..here here (or is it “hear hear” now?) delusion is good! In fact, I think you should write a post on that, cracking headline if I say so

122. Shard says:

GIE as Gordon Gecko.. Delusion is the new greed.

In the new film, Walcott Street.

123. arnie says:

cracking headline indeed! 🙂

Wally. No team can sustain an attractive game for the whole season. The beautiful game will come, but for the moment, and I agree with GiE here, its good we are winning. COYG. 🙂

Sometimes it is difficult to respect others points of view. Today is one of those times.

As I wrote earlier. Did we ever look like conceding a goal?

We won by 2. We controlled the game. We had the vast majority of possession.

Our stand-in CB was excellent.

No-one can truly say we were fluent or at our best but the level of disappointment is staggering.

And it is complete and utter nonsense for anyone to say that Alexis will want out or that he is disappointed by his fellow team-mates. How do you know? Has he told you? The bloke looks like a pig in shit to me. Playing well, scoring, adored by the fans, getting an automatic start and earning a shed load of money whilst living in one of the best cities in the world. But no – he is unhappy because his team aren’t motivated. Really ……

125. arnie says:

top comments, Shard and Aized. 🙂

126. arnie says:

Raddy. Indeed. One sometimes wonders what goes on in fans’ minds? maybe fear psychosis! 😛

127. aizedlittlemozart says:

BR!!!! true!!! & let’s assume he is disappointed, why must the next step be to “bugger off”? why won’t it be to decide to stop pressing, since it is a waste of energy, or punch someone in the face to get their adrenaline pumped up for pressing?!

Last season it was Özil who would soon realise he made a mistake joining us, cos of the players around him not being good enough, this season he is the scapegoat & not good enough himself.

I’m patiently waiting for when Alexis will lose form (like every player in the world does), to see fan reaction to that.

128. Shard says:

Completely agree Raddy.

There are reasons for concern as regards how we’ve been playing. But the imagined state of mind of one player is not even on the list. If Sanchez ultimately does decide to leave us for whatever reason, then he’ll leave (not that we have a weak hand anymore). Why let that possible outcome mar what should be a cause for celebration? A fantastic player that we bought, playing well.

But it’s like Arsenal fans aren’t content with worrying about the things that aren’t going well, they also need to create things to be worried about, including looking for the cloud in any silver lining. What ifs are allowed if they are negative. Is it some sort of defense mechanism against future disappointments? It’s bizarre.

129. Shard says:

aized

Good point about Ozil. Maybe people have forgotten what it means to be a winner because they’ve been told that the likes of Cesc and RVP left because they were winners.

In Alexis’ first interview with us he said all the usual complimentary things about us as a club, but also said that he didn’t come here just for all that. He came here to win. Same with Ozil, said he came here to improve himself and for the vision of the club’s future that Wenger sold him. (I think he even mentioned 3 years but I’m not sure)

People seem to believe that winners run off at the first sign of trouble. I think it would be the opposite and if Alexis really is the winner we think he is, he’ll stay here and bloody well drag us over the line. Not insult and give up on his teammates and run for a safer environment.

130. Shard says:

And this speculation is within what 3 months of him signing for us and playing WELL!

Of course with Ozil, he’s NOT playing well (nicking a living didn’t you know) which proves he’s disinterested and wants to leave us.

Insane.

Shard I think there are those of us who are glass half full and some of us who are glass empty, I am running out of space on my “To Do” noticeboard which accompanies my “to do” app which is also running at an increasingly high number. I could spend time worrying about it and moaning about it or I could just get it done when I can, as long as I hit the deadlines there is nothing to worry about. One of my clients would spend half hour moaning about how much work he has to do then making a plan of how he will do it….and before he knows it the available time to do the work has gone and he is moaning again.

It’s a negative spiral…….where have I heard that before? 😀

Raddy must apologise for not finding distances covered, it’s not one of the easy ones to get hold of.

Mozart so true about man marking vs zonal, we will hear none of it tomorrow….

132. aizedlittlemozart says:

can I touch on the fabregas issue a little bit at this point (seeing also as he was all of crap today).

last season we got Özil, some fans scream “luxury buy”. they say we have too many attacking midfielders. he wasn’t needed.

Now this season, we have sold none of the midfielders we had before Özil came, we still have Özil, but we pass up on cesc & its the greatest mistake since the creation of the atomic bomb!

& you’ll still hear, “we have too many similar players”, “we need a destroyer”. would signing cesc have made not upgrading on arteta & flamster less of a transfer error?

it really just gets wearisome grabbing at anything to bash & prove. & making landmine predictions just so you can say “told you so” isn’t really nice….at all

133. arnie says:

South African footballer shot dead

South Africa’s football captain and goalkeeper Senzo Meyiwa has died after being shot, South African police say.

The incident reportedly happened at Meyiwa’s girlfriend’s house in Vosloorus, south of Johannesburg.

The 27-year-old played for Orlando Pirates and had played in South Africa’s last four Africa Cup of Nations qualifiers.

On Saturday, he was in action for his club, when they progressed to the semi-finals of the South African League Cup.

Source: Beebs

134. Jämie says:

LOL. Sanchez leaving??
    Not in a million years. Not trashing Sunderland? Big deal. they got trashed last week, didn’t really expect them to go all gung-ho on us. All in all a good win for the team and something to build upon.

Only issue I have is the timing of the subs. Quite obvious to anyone watching that Santi needed to go off after an hour, and considering our injury problems, we shouldn’t be throwing caution to the wind and running our players to the ground.

135. aizedlittlemozart says:

Sad news that

136. arnie says:

Jamie. agreed. a few players looked a bit ragged yesterday. we had a hard-fought game midweek.

137. arnie says:

nice discussion, Aized, GiE, Shard! 🙂 I agree, but nowt new to add. 😛

138. Shard says:

I just went back to have a look at my own records of last season, and apologies if I’ve seen it wrong (it’s very late), but as far as I can tell, Ozil and Walcott have only played together for a period longer than 20mins in a game a total of 7 times, of which only twice did both complete 90 minutes.

Ozil was bought to be a piece of a puzzle, but he is yet to play with Walcott (a lack of runners was the reason he was supposed to think he made a mistake joining us), and now Alexis is playing without him.

And there are people saying that Wenger has shown no signs of improvement. It’s amazing really that we have achieved what we have with injury so severely affecting key players. We are yet to see Wengerball take hold with this team.

139. arnie says:

Raddy. saw Babbette’s Feast yesterday. Had been planning to watch for a while now, only just managed now. What a wonderful film! You must have seen it! 🙂

140. aizedlittlemozart says:

Jamie, I agree with you, the subs yesterday were late, well beyond the normal AW 70minutes mark. so late in fact that I started thinking, what if knowing the players would all get a one week rest for the next match he made his subs later than usual? preserve Ramsey some more, same with Thomas?

& seeing as our next opponents are Burnley, we might actually get to see some higher degree of rotation (even though injurie will limit that to most attacking players)
    Maybe Mozart gets a league start, same as poldi.

who knows right?

141. Shard says:

GIE

I don’t think the distance covered stats are available for free at all. I looked for them last season because along with minutes played, I wanted to collect distance covered (and sprint distance) for players from Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool and to try and find some correlation with injuries. I couldn’t find them.

142. aizedlittlemozart says:

Shard!!!! Holy crap!!! I just got goosebumps reading that last sentence, “we are yet to see wengerball take hold with this team”.

I remember that sunderland game & how ozil just kept playing theo through on goal!

I truly can not wait Shard.

143. wally says:

GIE, a win is a win, no doubt. Especially when we look utter crap. And i’m glad for the points. But this cheery talk about getting a shutout against a bottom feeder playing 10 behind the ball makes me wonder what game people are watching. Or whinging about injuries and saying we’ll be better when they get back (especially when the injured players are the same ones people are complaining about) strikes me as rose-colored glasses.

Observing that the team looks like crap is not sticking the knife in anybody’s back. It’s an observation that most would agree with. At this point i’ll let others opine and hold judgement for the time being.

If the players need us to sing for them to make them play harder then we need to get some new players. These are professionals, not children. They do this for a living and if they need us to sing in order to play better then something is seriously out of whack. Pros shouldn’t need such coddling. I’m sure they know they’re playing like crap and no amount of singing is going to change that knowledge.

This team has the talent but i’m baffled as to why they can’t produce better play.

144. Jämie says:

Arnie/Mozart

Maybe Wenger is planning on playing Poldi and Rosicky against Burnley, but don’t you think they need actual match practice before the game. I’m no expert on such topics, but wasn’t one of the reasons we lost to Southampton because the players in that game hadn’t played a lot of minutes leading up to the game, hence the rustiness?
    I’m all for keeping players fresh for games, but dont you think it was more important to withdraw the players that were playing shit because they were fatigued, rather than keep them on to the detriment of the team

145. wally says:

BR, we agree on most of it then. And i agree we won’t always look great. But the last three/four games all have the same look don’t they. That’s what concerns me. If it was one game sure but…..

And sanchez’ scowls look like a pig in shit? Not really.

146. wally says:

And i didn’t suggest he’d bugger off. That’s someone else. Merely that he didn’t look real happy.

147. omgarsenal says:

Kelsey,,,,,very harsh on the team and the manager considering the injuries, new faces being integrated and the lack of support from referees. IMHO we’ll start to display better form the longer we play so don’t be so pessimistic and negative.

148. arnie says:

Wally. I can relate to what you are saying. However, that would be our team after the Hull game perhaps. Since then, I feel they have improved, not massively, but enough to get two results. They need our support, IMO. Now is not the time.

Wally I’m not sure on your history or if you get to go to games but the line about being paid money is utter rubbish. If you think fans can’t make a difference to a teams performance I’d say you’re wrong.

If my customers give me a hard time for trying to satisfy them and I have a chance to ditch them I’ll take it.

Do you get better service from waiters when you greet them with a face like a smacked arse, or when you smile back at them.

The money they are paid is irrelevant they are simple lads playing a simple game. If every time they give the ball away they are jeered eventually they’ll start hiding or looking for the simple sideways pass to make sure they don’t get jeered.

150. arnie says:

omg. fair enough. Kelsey saw the game that way, and to be fair, he was not keen to do a report. but we all encouraged him to, so that we can have a fair discussion on the site. Many of us did not agree with his prognosis, but fair play to Kelsey. 🙂

151. aizedlittlemozart says:

are the motning crew up yet? or will the “midnight crew” continue with football talk?

I really want to thank Kelsey again for the post. Very discussion generating one

no chas, it is the opposite, we won the FA cup without playing one game

and as for you Raddy – you watch, I give Sanchez two years max before he starts looking elsewhere. I didn’t say I know that he was unhappy, but I said I would be unhappy giving my 100% and watching others giving less than that. Unless we become a team to be reckoned with, he will be gone. A player of his calibre will not waste time

I stand by what I said – we played better last season. That to me would suggest that we are regressing.

I am not going to spend another wasted day writing the defence of my team. As kelsey says, I tell it how I see it.

Enough on that issue ……..

Did anyone notice the much hyped DI Maria yesterday? I thought this bloke was meant to be the best player ever to grace the PL but he contributed nothing.

Didit. WAKE UP

Morning Chas und Eddie

Have read posts and comments so thanks Raddy and Crystals.
    Been on mobile only ’till now, so blogging not possible.

Haven’t seen a single moment of Sunderland game. Great points, but I’d agree with those who want our quality football going again.

Hopefully, it’s just down to injuries and playing unfit players and not getting a set formation and stuff.

With Flam and Arteta starting, we must have binned the 4-1-4-1, so that’s a god start.

Heard on Saturday that Mesut’s a gonna, however, still needing to find a club, price and/or good swap deal.

161. Jämie says:

Eddie,

Us playing poorly IMO, has nothing to do with regression. I believe that when our injured players return(Walcott particularly), we’ll see a better all-round game from us. I also think our attacking MFs are playing with too much caution because they know we dont have the defensive personnel to recover the ball.
    Also, Wenger’s insistence on playing three AMs together is a big issue because they all end up drifting into the ‘hole'(check Özil’s heat maps against Man city and Dortmund). This only leads to a bunch of 5 yard passes on the edge of the box because all our players want to be in control of the ball and nobody is making runs off the ball.

Raddy,

Awake at the usual ungodly hour, just took some time to manoeuvre into a laptop friendly space

DidIt!!!!!!!!! I was so worried!!! 4 surfers in mid 40ies and 50ies died yesterday in Cornwall and not a word from you!!

Jamie – all valid points, all plausible, all optimistic thanks for that. But if we are not progressing our game, then we are regressing, simple. There were many games last year that we emerged as true winners, this year I can hardly think of any. And a quarter of a season plus one competition are already gone.

165. arnie says:

motning all.

glad you are back, Micky. 🙂

Aized. Do you ever sleep? 😛

Oh bless you Eddie, I’m watching your back as well. Any chicks being bothered on the Heath, and I’ll send the lads round.

I’ll be expecting many false alarm calls from you, because you’d adore the lads 🙂

Motning Arnie

I was with an old friend on Saturday who gave me the Mesut news, and he is currently in charge of getting growing Super Leagues in both India and China.

Spent ages talking about Man Utd and their world class marketing team, and also about the exponential growth in footballing interest in India and China.

Long and interesting talk

Morning all

As Arnie said I was reluctant to write a post but generally I thought it was a good debate yesterday and everybody contributed very well.
    For a time I thought a snowball would turn into an avalanche 🙂

Nevertheless it would have been nice to hear the views of our two principles.

Now Micky is throwing the cat amongst the pigeons (cue chas for an illustration.)

So Ozil’s live in girlfriend has moved out of their house, removal van seen and witnessed, as he, like most probably a good proportion of single and married wealthy footballers had a fling.
    Is he really injured or did AW give him time off to sort his life out.

Over to you Micky.

chas

that picture of the lads holding the Fairs Cup must have been taken at the next Home game after we won it, as that second leg was played at night on a mud bath of a pitch.

what Mesut news??

I drove for 3 hours last night and listened to the TalkPoo radio. Our neighbours from N17 were hogging the lines. It was hilarious to hear so many of them with completely different views; they were

– Levy is destroying the club….reasons given
    – Potecini is not good, where the hell did Levy got him from
    – the manager is ok, but players are taking the piss
    – Soldado is a front bottom
    – Lamela is a one footed striker who had one sublime goal and will do nothing again

They are not happy, that was clear 🙂

Eddie. Wouldn’t you be unhappy if you had to support Spurs. Years of ignominy and frustration.

All the points they make are true, even the conflicting ones about Pochettino!

Didit. You spend too much time mixing with the Hoi Polloi. Ozil is going nowhere.

Oh well, Spurs will be looking for a new manager yet again 🙂

Raddy – I would be furious if I was a Spurs fan!!! We can hate them, laugh at them and ridicule them, but they are mostly good, loyal fans and in all honesty they deserve better. They are a big and wealthy club going one step forward, two steps back. It suits us fine, but it hurst the fans. In my opinion Levy is the biggest culprit

Ooo good Raddy

A bet? I say Mesut will not be an Arsenal player next season. Are you on? A smoked fish the prize 🙂

I’ll take that bet, MickelMouse – smoked wild salmon if you lose – a kipper if you win. 🙂

Good morning, all.

Micky. You have a bet. Is it possible to send a smoked fish to Dk?

Eddie. You cannot blame Levi for them being shite for 50 years.

Kinda irrelevant whether the fish will go from the UK to Denmark. Relevant question would be whether the slippery little fellow will travel the other way 🙂

Anyway. Bet’s on. Yummy 🙂

Just been reading through some of the last comments yesterday, BTW, thanks Kelsey for writing the match report, your post generated a good discussion. On my early post yesterday about the possibility of Sanchez not being happy with the way things are going with team and result wise, I can only offer what I observe.

Some on here may prefer to post photos of him smiling and celebrating and a video of all the good bits from the game against Sunderland, but in the last two games I’ve observed him when off the ball, shaking his head, looking bewildered and generally fed up. I said yesterday that I ‘envisaged’ him wanting to leave in the future, I didn’t say get rid of him, I didn’t say he was a bad player, in fact I think he is an excellent player.

At the end of the Anderlecht game, when all the team were celebrating the win, he was pictured shaking his head and not smiling and presumably, not happy. This could be for many reasons, perhaps he thought he’d had a bad game and was blaming himself for not doing better. All sorts of things may be going through his head. I stand by what I said, I know Chas, perhaps shard and Big Raddish disagreed with me, but it was what I’ve observed. Others could observe something totally different. It’s the nature of how our minds accumulate information.

Micky. Listen Pal, I tried sending pics and a message to you from Iceland and got a message saying Didit’s phone has refused your message and he tells you to sling your hook.

Mmmmmm. I have just recalled that you smoke fish in your idyllic home. May I propose that the fish in question is professionally smoked and you send it DHL.

NB. Sadly at my age my mind tends to shed information!

I know you have likely stopped all the footie chat but as I wasn’t on yesterday can I say thanks to Kelsey for the post. I too share many of your worries Kelsey about how we are playing. I am torn between thinking that it is a good thing we are winning when playing poorly, and just everyone wait till we get it right, to this could be a greater concern this year.

I think we have been well below the much hyped 95% at times. We should still be able to see off Burnley not at full capacity but Utd looked much improved yesterday and they are coming up. Not long left to start playing like the team we are capable of before it translates into losses against rivals or draws against minnows.

GB and NB – my sentiments exactly. On paper we look great, on the pitch very average.

I checked that Ozil gossip and don’t believe it. He is moving to City in January? I think not

If you want a real early morning chuckle look up the Telegraph article on Spuds and Levy.

Planning their new stadium, not all land acquired, no finance in place, no plans what to do when they build it. Sometimes it takes a stare away from our own navel to realise not all is bad at home.

Would you swap Ozil for da SiLVA If it was feasable ?

Kelsey No I wouldn’t but I would swap him for Matic.

I don’t think AM is the problem – we have too many of them already and whilst accepting Silva is a wonderful player he would add little to our squad.

GiE – very true. We are blessed and tend to forget it from time to time. Still, I would love us to win the CL 🙂

I sometimes wonder what happened to the tall, strong, athletic and youthful players Arsenal were once famous for fielding, and who were feared by the likes of Roy Keane as he said in his autobiography.

Rumours are mostly rubbish, but I read this morning that Arsene is desperate to reinforce the CB position, and sources in Italy are saying we want to sign 30 y.o. Stephan Leichsteiner in January, as he will be out of contract at Juventus at the end of the season. .

I hope it is not true, myself, because don’t we have enough ‘old’ players already with Per, Arteta, Flamini, Rosicky, Kozzer who are all approaching or past 30 years of age.

It is all very well saying we need cover, but this chap will be cup-tied in the CL, and once Wenger buys someone ‘temporarily’ he will stick with them and not wield the axe when they slow down, or find the Premiership is too physical for them.

I would prefer instead to struggle by, and use youngsters like Hayden and Ajobi and then if necessary buy a top notch CB in the summer, which we should have done this summer past.

[Am I beginning to sound like Kelsey?] 🙂

Don’t worry folks I am not doing today’s post, if there is one 😉

RA

We have to look to replace Arteta,Flamini,Mertesacker,Rosicky and even Kos and Debuchy and our stalwart Diaby 😉 will be at that dreaded 30 age mark if AW is going to stay the three years and hand over or even if he goes earlier.Can’t really think many of the kids will break through to the level reqired, history shows us that.

While I am on the subject of who not to buy, another rumour going the rounds is a bid for Pedro Ledesma {Pedro} of Barcelona, who is only 5′ 6″, and will fit in with our other vertically challenged midfielders.

I know we have some wonderfully gifted [and short players] – but please, Arsene, enough already. 🙂

RA – I am trying to ignore you, but I noticed how our players are small by comparison to other teams. We looked liked midgets at Sunderland, their players are huge! Having said that, our short arses won the game, so 🙂

I agree, Kelsey.

The replacement for the circa 30 year olds should already be in hand, either from the youth team, or with potential recruits found by our scouting system.

The problem is our new guy (Jonkers?) has been scathing about the set up of the youth team and its scouting network, and I hope the senior scouting system is not as bad, tho’ I have my doubts about that.

The next thing to worry about is that to replace those players will cost a lot of money, and perhaps that is why AW is falling back on the older, cheaper out of contract players — which will bring us full circle.

Thanks kelsey for the post yesterday, I’m sorry I wasn’t around to be part of the blogging that followed.

For those that have disagreed with kelsey’s analysis (and I notice he had many supporters) I would suggest that they put pen to paper and write us a headline post about how they see things are at the moment. It doesn’t have to be in response to kelsey’s points because those have already been debated.

Sniping at kelsey for his views and being sarcastic adds nothing to the debate. I agree with kesley that something is not right, the biggest question for me is can Arsene fix it?

Three points away from home at Sunderland is a great result and other teams dropping points around us is always heart warming. I can’t wait to see Theo back but oooooh the pressure.

Eddie,

It is a question of ‘balance’ – shorties can be wonderful and we have some – but we should be looking to physically bigger skilful players to give us options.

[I don’t mind being ignored – it is a two way street, and I may soon be ignoring AAers, in my turn. It is a big world out there.]

195. Hello RA – why are people ignoring you?

Kelsey,

Your Post yesterday has had over 200 responses, so keep writing must be the call, and you had as many agreeing as disagreeing, so that cannot be bad. 🙂

Peaches,

That might be a loaded question. 🙂

Did you read Eddie’s comment at 10:04 -[RA – I am trying to ignore you]

It might be something devastating such as – they think my comments are crap – that I am rude – I am utterly boring – who knows? – and they are probably all correct.

That’s life.

Personally, I am more concerned that Rasper seems to have had enough. 😦

Morning Redders, I am not ignoring you but I am keeping my distance until the site returns to the values we started with originally, if not, someone should re-write the criteria in the tabs at the top of the page.

I also am waiting for GN5 to return before taking part regularly again as he is an important contributor and one we miss.

199. wally says:

GIE
    You’d have us believe that supporting the team means we need to sing and that singing will ‘make’ people play better. Nonsense.
    One can still support the team and acknowledge that all is not well.
    No one has suggested that they be barracked for their mistakes. I’ve simply pointed out that they’re not playing well and no one contest that fact.
    And pros, while human, are different from us. They are special. If they weren’t they’d slot you or me in like they change their underwear whenever they needed a change. Nor would they get paid as they do.

Rasp, I am really pleased that you are still around, and I have never thought you, or anyone else, has ignored me.

GN5, is understandably sensitive to comments about Arsenal that he finds unnecessary, and he is very forthright about it. But that is OK.

Equally, you are keen, as we all are, that AA remains true to the behaviour criteria stated in the lead tabs, and as an administrator part of your role is to monitor that – or else why bother?

Neither position is mutually exclusive and you are BOTH really important to the site, and comments from either of you should not be dependent on the other party. 🙂

AA without you, is just is not AA. Think on it! 🙂

Thanks Redders, I have no issue with GN5, what you say is correct.

Now I’m wondering if my response to the Sanchez being pissed off theory was considered sarcastic.
    Apologies if it was.

Damn it, Chas, now I am going to have to go back and find what you said about Sanchez’s being pissed off, to see if it was sarcastic, or not.

I apologise if that sounds sarcastic to anyone. 🙂

204. No chas it wasn’t. I loved those pics, there are far too many of him having a good time with other members of the squad to suggest he’s unhappy.

How about this, in response to the idea that we’re not serious contenders in any competition this season?

“So we can’t win the FA Cup before the 3rd round draw is made. Feck.”

Is that a bit sarcastic?

206. arnie says:

Ah, not Chas then it must be me!

Why always me! as a front bottom once said! 😛

207. Any player will be happy after scoring a goal… that goes without saying. But it doesn’t mean that there are not underlying problems. I person could be the most depressed human being i the world but after a good session of sex they will have a smile on their face.

And speaking of good sex, I think this may be the underlying issue for the rumours of Ozil wanting to go back to Germany. If his floozy lives there, and he is in London, his obsession with her could be affecring his ability on the pitch. SAny man who knows what it’s like to be parted from your Love/Lust object of your obsession will understand that. 🙂 🙂

What did this mean this morning, Evonne?
    “no chas, it is the opposite, we won the FA cup without playing one game”

NB

You aren’t quite right there my friend.Ozil and his girlfriend were living together here in London suburbia.She moved out.

Rasp

What did you mean earlier,that is a genuine question.

We had a good debate yesterday, nothing got too out of hand and actually I got about 65% to 70% support.You should have joined in.

211. arnie says:

I do not understand all this claptrap about happiness! I am usually happy, even when I am ignoring Redders. but why is in necessary to be happy to feel motivated and contribute a great game? 😛

NB69

I went back to watch the end of the Anderlecht game to see if I could see Sanchez’ reaction and was astonished that a 2 second shake of the head could be interpreted as Chary did.

Your comment below preceded Chary’s and I honestly felt I gave a reasonable response to both.

“If not I can envisage Sanchez putting in an early request for transfer. His body language just screams: ” What the fuck have I come to”
    He is a class act but is obviously feeling let down by his team mates. “

kelsey
    I’d like to know as well.

I feel a bit like I did at school when the whole class was told off because of one pupil’s behaviour. Very confusing.

214. The rumours about Ozil on his way back to Germany.

This is my thinking on the subject: Ozil is not he best looking guy in the world and before he became a highly paid footballing star I would put money on it that he never got his end away with a gorgeous piece of crumpet. Now however, he has quite a choice of well staked women.
    He has had a bit of a fling with some German bird (no doubt a nice rack of meat) and now he is obsessed with her and the sex. If you understand the concept of obsession, especially sexual obsession then you will know that everything takes second place in your life, work, family, friends etc. So for an ugly git to start having sex with some of the most gorgeous women in the world, it will be quite a head turner for him and now his attention has been turned away from football and he wants to join the object of his lust in Germany. Just some thoughts… I await the input from Cockie and Transplant

215. Kels

From what I undersatnd she has moved out because he had a fling with some German bird. 🙂

216. arnie says:

NorthBank. Well done. Perfect plot for a novel and then a Hollywood blockbuster. Not good enough for the life of a footballer, though. 😛

Thanks for the post Kelsey.

Christ, your a miserable git Kelsey. You remind me of my ex wife, except your better looking.

I don’t feel concerned about the team at all.

So much to look forward to this season. My feelings are of excitement and expectation.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

218. arnie says:

sounds very much like Vanity Fair! 🙂

Hi Kelsey, chas, nothing involving your comments. I don’t want to get into a post mortem on the site.

Incidentally I predicted Ozil would leave weeks ago. I expect him to leave in January or next summer. He’s a great player – too good for the style of football in the prem. He is better suited to European football like Reyes and Gervinho before him

Rasp. Want to bet a fish? 🙂

I’ve got more fish than I know what to do with Raddy – but if you’d care to wager that sexy acoustic guitar of yours I’d be interested 🙂

Redders, your points about the size of the team are very valid as are Kelsey’s about replacements for key players. I have always felt that both could be achieved without a huge amount of net outlay. It would require some player sales to recruit money and for AW to adopt a Mourinhoesque ruthlessness to the squad and not worry about hurting certain players feelings in order to get the squad right.

I know many of you hate the FFM thingy but I can think of a few players that we could let go (up to at least 7) to bring some money back in and then to go big on 3 top level players, and still have a superior and more balanced squad. A lot of these players will only get you 2-3m each but cumulatively they add up and would go a long way to one top player.

On another note I can’t help but think, (and not just because he played well this weekend), that we made a mistake not bringing in Song again on a 1 year loan with an option to buy at the end of the year. 27 years old, 6′ 1″, powerful, decent technique, can play CB and EPL experience…Looks a better option than all of Flamini, Arteta and Diaby at present and we could have added to him in midfield as well.

I wrote earlier his live in girlfriend,an actress has moved out of their home (proved) because of a fling he has had with some other bird.By all accounts it wasn’t a one night stand.So my theory is that AW has given him some rest time though he may as well have a minor injury.I haven’t heard anything about him leaving but if AW doesn’t play him in in the number 10 slot why buy him at 42 million that is a lot of dosh for us.
    Mickydidit is quite well connected with our club and suggested this morning Ozil will be off as soon as January.If that would be true Arsenal would make a loss but I just can’t see him leaving.

He is a great player with unbelievable vision but rarely ever played more than 70 minutes in La Liga and the PL is quicker so can we afford a luxury player
    To me he answer is a definite YES He needs others who have vision to get the best out of him and an inform Ramsey and Sanchez fit that bill..

is that negative enough,Terry 🙂

224. These guys are thrust into the limelight and paid millions. Adulation from the fans, fame, success if they’re lucky enough to play for the right team……………. so there is not much that can give them a bigger high. Accept perhaps driving a fast car at 300kms around a race track and sex with horny, attractive women.

Imagine what it;’s like. One minute your a snotty nosed kid kicking a ball around a street in a slum area, the next minute you have fans wanting your autograph, you have the press taking photos of you, you’re earning £6m a year and you have women falling at your feet.

To get a bigger high than playing a game of football in front of 60,000 plus fans, there are not many things that will beat it…. sex with some skinny, horny bird with large bazookas is gonna be up there though. 🙂 lucky bastards

Welll now we all know your priorities NB

Women,sex, sex again,painting,choritzos,siestas and finally Arsenal.:)

226. Kels

You knew that already mate 🙂

227. and don’t forget the wine 🙂

kelsey. This is where it goes wrong for me ….. “though he may as well have a minor injury.”

Ozil was sent home by the German national team medical staff because of knee-knack. In what way does that indicate AW is keeping him out of the limelight for emotional reasons?

Supposition becomes fact if it isn’t questioned.

How about RC78’s comment above as today’s post?
    Plenty to talk about!

230. arnie says:

Yes, Chas, good idea.

RC 78. DO you give permission to put up your comment as a post?

232. I’ve sent him an email asking for permission …………

Good idea chas.

RC78, your point 7.

We wait for years for rosicky to get fit and many thought he was finished then he recovers scored a great goal at WHL but now can’t get game time.Why ?

Podolski just doesn’t feature in AW’s long or short term plans. he must be the first to go and I am pretty sure he tried to offload him last Summer,probably in part exchange.

Crystals

Re Ozil: “He is a great player with unbelievable vision”

So would anyone if they also had eyes on the sides of their head 🙂

Mind you, in your case, simply removing your shades during gloomy overcast days might help.

235. chas

When you posted the video of Sanchez against Sunderland you also said: “Here’s a little video illustrating Sanchez’s appalling body language from yesterday. (Such a shame to hear he’s thinking of putting in a transfer request at the end of the season).”

That’s sarcastic mate… but you’ve apologised so all is well 🙂

NB69
    Ridicule seemed my only option. 🙂

237. I feel duly ridiculed 🙂

There is always another option

238. RC78 says:

BR – permission granted and definitely no need to ask, if there is ever a next time…

Kelsey – I suppose you are right bout Poldi but I am just not sure about Rosicky. I do not rate him but AW extended him and now we should somehow use him…

NB69
    What you mean just say it’s complete bollocks like Raddy did? 🙂

241. I first started to visit this blog a few months ago when Kelsey, GunnerN5 and the Transplant man commented on my blog and said, come over to AA, it’s a good blog and friendly, unlike many others. However, since then I’ve observed a few backhanded comments to fellow posters and even GN5 has taken a break because of sarky comments against his view. And Kelsey was worried yesterday about making his match review.

I like the blog and I like the banter but sometimes it gets a bit near the mark. That’s the same on all blogs I know, but as Rasp pointed out, there is a tab at the top which outlines the philosophy…. don’t let the blog become like many others and have double standards.

lots of smileys with this comment 🙂 🙂 🙂 🙂

242. chas

Big Raddish got it right…. no sarcasm, just told be it was shite. That’s fine by me 🙂

243. RC78 says:

Peaches – same as BR, no need to email or ask for permission…You can repost any reply of mine as a post whenever you feel it is appropriate.

NB69
    Ah, I didn’t realise you were a delicate sort. 🙂

245. New Post …………………

Enough bollix for one day.
    Wish I knew what Rasp’s comment meant though.

247. arnie says:

People are passionate on here and very very diverse. It is natural that a bit of sarcasm comes in occasionally.

But if some people, even a small fraction, feel ridiculed, that is bad. I have not felt that way, buit if you think so NorthBank, we should perhaps be a bit vigilant.

It is a fantastic effort that Peaches and Rasp, together with LB and Raddy and a few others, put in on this space. It is just too much I think for a small cluster of people. The space should be self-regulating and ensure that it remains inclusive and diverse.

Rasp,

I will be back, I’ve emailed you a post to use this week.

Likewise I have no issue with you.

Thanks GN5, I had missed your comment but arnie emailed me to tell me to read your comment.

I’m pleased we are still on good terms …… Carry on blogging – I’ll be Kenneth Williams 😛