Sanchez and Ozil and Gin and Vodka

My Uncle Earnest had a First Cousin, known to all of us as Auntie Bob.

I don’t know where the Auntie bit came from because he was definitely all Man. He was an alcoholic, and drank heavily from an early age, but stuck to the odourless vodka when flying Mosquitos as a Pathfinder in the last war. Later in life, he cared far less about what people thought, and switched to Gin when flying.

This brings me nicely on to Alexis Sanchez, as I’m not aware that he likes either Vodka or Gin, or indeed that he flies aeroplanes.

So…..what’s going on with Alexis then?

I spent an unhealthy amount of time last season drooling over Liverpool. They had by far the most effective forward in the League in the shape of Suarez. Then we bought Sanchez, and I drooled again. Much drool in fact.

Then things got complicated. Ollie got injured, but I wasn’t fussed as it would only speed the move of Alexis to the central berth. Alas, not so easy. Danny arrived.

Wouldn’t have been so bad had Danny not showed blistering pace and great movement, and I think this may have confused Arsene.

I’ve read the “Can Sanchez and Ozil play together?” line, and I got myself all flabbergasted, I did. They are without any doubt the best footballers at the Club. Settling in time? Piffle. Settled roles, yes, and pronto please.

Final consideration is this. Are we lofting in high balls towards Danny? No, thankfully, we are not. So, let’s prove that Sanchez supplied by Mesut through the middle will produce better football than Liverpool.

Written by MickyDidIt

103 Responses to Sanchez and Ozil and Gin and Vodka

“Superb Non Link from Auntie Bob to Alexis, Didit”

Cheers 🙂

Here’s my one fits all formula

Ox Sanchez Theo
    ……..Mesut
    ….Arteta Aaron

Three games a week at the moment, so my rotators are:

Pod Danny Joel
    …….Santi
    …Flam Jack

My “Umms” are that you could play Flam and Arteta at the same time, athough I’d love to see Chambers given a go alongside an Arteta to really stiffen the defensive side, which I believe would free up the front four to do the damage.

3. aizedlittlemozart says:

I think we’ll know more about arsene’s mindset when Theo returns. If he ever plays any two combinations of Theo, Alexis, Ox & Campbell then I think he has become even more malleable in his philosophy.

so far we haven’t gone out with two pure wide men I think…(correct me if i’m wrong). We all can’t wait for ozil to feed Alexis & Walcott on both flanks, but whether the manager wants that is another issue all together.

I will just observe till Theo’s return.

thanks for the post by the way mikky!

4. aizedlittlemozart says:

just remembered we did alexis/Campbell for the COC game but with the Mozart behind them

Excellent exercise in logic Micky 😛

I agree that Sanchez and Ozil are our two most gifted players. I would argue that kozzer is our most important and consistent player.

I think Ozil is fine as long as we allow him the space to play in the central role and to be the ‘go to player’ to conduct our attacking play.

I am impressed with Sanchez’s industry and technique, but he (understandably) is yet to establish the understanding necessary with those around him to really start carving defences apart.

I am completely in agreement about the need for players to be comfortable in set roles because that means that the understanding will come more quickly. Our best players must either play in their best position or be prepared to start on the bench and come on in their best position as squad rotation. shoehorning all our best players into the team at the expense of the team is not good.

Obviously when injuries come along it may no longer be possible to play everyone in their favoured position – this is where squad rotation is so important in helping reduce the frequency of injuries.

Rasp

Good to stretch the logic muscles first thing on a Monday morning 🙂

I know that when Mesut starts wide left or wide right, Heat Maps show how he gets hot all over the place, thing is, when he moves central neither Jack or Aaron ever move back out wide to fill the gap.

Quite apart from anything else, they don’t have the speed option anyway even if they did fill the gap. Net result is we get clogged and congested in the middle when Mesut starts wide.

The poor recipient of this chaos is Sanchez.

He has no chance to establish an understanding with one or two behind and alongside to rehearse those devastating little triangular moves that unlock defences.

Didit,

It is just possible that we are related through the angle of the dangle on the hypotenuse, where your longest side is on the right angled doo-dad.

You see, my uncle Bob, a brick of a man, was known as aunt sally, mainly because he had a partner named uncle Steve, who in reality was aunty Shirley. Are you with me so far?

Well, uncle Bob, aka aunt Sally, and also known as aunt Bob within the extended family, has a first cousin called ‘that bastard Ernest’!

Now I notice that your uncle Earnest has an extra ‘a’ in his name – but that is probably your hopeless spelling — so we seem to have irrefutable evidence that either you are related to the American side of the family – or not.

And that brings me, smooth as you like, to the less interesting part of your ineffable Post.

Yup, Alexis and Mesut can play together — altho’ maybe they should also consider playing with the rest of the team, the selfish ********.

Thanks Micky, I think heat maps are very misleading. They only show the movement of one player, not those around him and they also don’t accurately show how long the player remains in any position. I totally agree that the other midfielders need to compliment Ozil’s movement not compete with it. Too many conductors trying to get past the bus.

RA
    Me being what I’m not, your logic makes perfect non-sense to me, which I don’t understand completely 🙂

Rasp
    Don’t “dis” the heat map. They make colourful patterns for people from the 60’s.

Other thing is this parked bus thingy. How do Chelsea manage to get past the same wall when confronted by it?

… they attack at pace and with width Micky and they now have the best AM and CF pairing in the league.

Tricky Micky,

It hurts me to say this, because i am biting my tongue so hard, but I am giving a lot of attention to your words of wisdom, and am left bewildered by what is clearly sacred words from the gods, that are not for poor mortals to decipher.

look at this, you said, probably in one of your saintly trances, “Net result is we get clogged and congested in the middle when Mesut starts wide.” Are you intimating that we, on AA, should get a communal decongestant, or that Mesut should play with someone’s middle?

You go on to say, “He (Sanchez) has no chance to establish an understanding with one or two behind and alongside” is this your very naughty suggestion that our speed merchant has broke back mountain inclinations? Each to his own, so to speak, but not on the playing field – it would provoke the Rasper’s ire.

RA

I can be clear on this. Sambles is what it is.

I think I remember Booby Robson fluking it when he discovered playing Beardsley and Lineker together, and I hoping the same magic recipe falls into Arsene’s lap 🙂

Could this be a £75m mistake? It would be dreadful if it were.

So Alexis and Ōzil can play together.

Loved this line “Later in life, he cared far less about what people thought, and switched to Gin when flying.”

14. ha ha some good banter this fine Monday morning 🙂

Ozil and Sanchez are having problems playing with each other at the moment… Sanchez is the proverbial speedy gonzalez and Ozil doesn’t know where he will be from one second to the next. Alexis needs to slow down a bit, understand where Ozil is going to put his balls and get ready to take it. Brace yourself laddy, brace yourself.

Hi Raddy and NB

Alexis and Mesut?

Here’s the line up against Villa

…………..Sz
    Chambers Mert Kos Gibbs
    ………Arteta Ramsey
    …Santi Mesut Sanchez
    ………..Welbeck

Result: 3-0

NB,

You are wicked! 🙂

Seriously Raddy
    I was about 14 when my brother and I went up with him. Yes, I was very frightened.

18. Dear Mr DidIt …. whispering here

I don’t like to upset you, especially as you wrote the post but Sanchez didn’t play in the game against Villa

Ooops

19. Micky

But in the game against Villa Welbeck and Ozil did the business whilst Alexis ran around like a blue-arsed fly.

20. oh dear Peaches….. perhaps he ran around like a blue arsed fly on the bench 🙂

Didn’tDidit.

Peaches is correct — Sanchez sat on the bench at the Villa game, and that is perhaps why Mesut and Danny boy played so well, in the eyes of some.

Of course I would never have said any of the above. 🙂

Maybe he was just buzzing around so rapidly that no-one saw him?

Didit. I was agreeing with you.

I can imagine Bob telling you boys “strap yourselves in, there is nothing to fear but fear itself” as he took another swig from his battered leather flask

I think we’re onto something here. Play Alexis as an invisible 12th man ……

25. 😆

Ozil did the business because he had the space because Rambo started and Jack was on the bench with Alexis

Micky, @ 11:45

“RA

I can be clear on this. Sambles is what it is.”

Yup that is pretty clear, Dids! 🙂

I hate it when trusted bloggers don’t bother doing their research 😀 😀

It was only 9 days ago…….

28. Perhaps Micky has taken a leaf out of Aunty Bobs flask and has been sipping at the Mothers ruin 🙂

My uncle Bunny was a test pilot and a stunt pilot who also built his own sports cars and won the Mille Miglia in Italy in the 1950’s …. beat that!

30. But I would never be so contentious as to say that it obviously worked better like that 🙂

31. Come back Micky, all is forgiven…….. we all make fuck ups occasionally 🙂

32. My dad had an old Rover ninety with his badge bar on the front and badges depicting 50 years with the RAC and AA. so there

33. aizedlittlemozart says:

I think we got carried away thinking solely of sanchez’s speed & did not settle down to understand the way he plays his game.
    He was star man for Chile at the WC & had the team play around him, he dictated their play.

At Barca, & now at arsenal he will have to play to the tempo dictated by a conductor(or chief conductor). For us its Mesut.

Unlike theo, sanchez, i’ve noticed, mostly wants the ball to feet. While Theo makes runs in behind the opposition defence to meet a pass, sanchez wants to run with the ball, dribble past his man.

So I think even with the speed he(sanchez) has got, if he doesn’t start making runs behind the defence, ozil will have to wait for theo’s return to have his real best friend. (I still can’t get that sunderland game out my head)

let me also add that, I noticed that costa makes those runs behind opposition defence & fabregas is thriving off those runs. we will need to play deep against them or have our offside trap game on 100% accuracy against them.

34. This may be a purely girly view but this is how I see it.

In my line of work I often need a team of men to empty a tonne bag of soil for example. Some use their shovels in a measured way, getting the most soil they can into their wheelbarrow before moving off whereas others attack the bag frenetically and make a terrible mess as they go along. The bag always gets emptied but the guys that work in a measured way can’t stand the way the others rush about causing mayhem.

When I watch Mesut gliding around the pitch, controlling his actions in a very precise way I wonder if he finds Alexis’ movement offputting.

Mesut often might seem like he needs a bit of a rocket but Alexis might also need some ritalin.

Maybe we should tie Alexis’ shoelaces together?

36. Peaches

Girly logic always makes sense 🙂

Peaches. I don’t understand. What is wrong with making a mess?

My brother-in-law had a Vespa scooter with all the mirrors on it and a parka with the fur edged hood.

…. Ben Sherman shirt, Sta Press 2-tone drainpipe trowsis and a pair of Brogues fitted with blakies too I’d bet Raddy.

39. Bloody hell Rasp……… you’ve just pinched the first paragraph of my next blog post about Islington in the late 60’s! You haven’t had a peek have you?

😆 nb – Is that your era then? I’d have been one of Raddies lot with the Afghan coat, tie dyed tee shirt and crushed velvet bell bottoms 😛

NB. Really enjoyed your french lesson

42. ha ha I remember standing next to many an Afghan coat on a wet and cold day in London whilst on the tube…….. they f**kin stunk. 🙂

NB. Imagine wearing one. I used to cover mine in talcum powder and then spray it in patchouli oil – no wonder it stank! The smell was so strong my parents couldn’t smell the grass in my bedroom 😀

Thanks Micky. Sorry I can’t read other comments now so apologies if I repeat what anyone else may say.

For me it depends on which formation you want to play. I am in the 4-2-3-1 camp with Ozil as first choice number 10. As such, to bring the best out of Ozil, I wanted to see high class goal-scoring pace players ahead of and to either side of him, and I was hoping our transfers would reflect this. My hopes were rewarded in the purchases of both Welbeck and Sanchez, but we don’t seem to be utilising these players, or at least not in the same games.

My current strongest line up would see Ozil line up behind Welbeck with Alexis to his left and AOC to his right and with Theo to come back he can rotate with AOC and Alexis. Alexis looks the perfect player for Ozil so I don’t understand the problem here.

The problem IMO in our squad is with the slower paced technical midfielders, and trying to get too many of them on the pitch at the same time. This means playing a slower player wide which I think always slows our attacks down and leaves us with less penetration. I also think these players naturally come in too often and cramp the central areas.

IMO we can only play 2 from 4 of Ozil, Cazorla, Wilshere and Ramsey. Any more than 2 and we end up playing slower ACM’s out of position wide. At a push we could go with 3 as long as the 3rd is Cazorla playing wide. He seems more adept at it than the other 3.

I’m on widget duty this evening. I presume Alexis gets the assist for his goal against the Saints – can someone confirm who got the assist for The Ox’s goal on Saturday please.

46. BR

On a packed rush hour tube you could at least guarantee some space around you 🙂

47. Rasp

Can’t we give it to Welbeck for his ‘dummy’?

🙂 NB, if he actually touched the ball, he will have to get the assist whether intentional or not!

uncle Ernest had a cousin called Auntie Bob!!! How fabulous 🙂 This can only mean that DidIt has lots more stories to tell !!

As for Ozil and Alexis – don’t know, but its early days for the latter and nothing wrong with the former, we have not seen the best of them yet.

But from a girly point of view – Ozil has a pug, whereas Sanchez has annoying habit of pulling his left shorts leg up – what’s that all about?? No contest in my books

50. Norfolk Gooner says:

Afternoon all,

Just back after a week long break in the Cotswolds, and straight into one of Micky’s excellent posts. Kushti!

What an amazing family the Didits are, the latest revelation, a vodka swigging, Mosquito pilot called Auntie Bob. Could it be a West Country dialect thing? Bob standing with an empty glass at the bar of the local, when the landlord says to him “arnt e, Bob, going t’have another?”

51. Norfolk Gooner says:

Eddie, better he pulls one short’s leg up than both down. 😀

I was enjoying reading about uncle Earnest, shame the theme changed to that football thingy, I could have happily read more.

Peaches. Post written for domani.

NG. I walked the Cotswold Way about 30 years ago. Loved it so much I moved out of London to a little village called Slad and then into a lovely house in Cranham, about 10 miles from Cheltenham.

Spent 10 years down there and the weekend commute to Highbury was no fun, I can tell you!

Ha ha Raddy re my lack of research earlier, and saying Sanchez played against Villa.

Really sad fact is I did. Just badly. Zoomed back to that days’ comments and saw Arnie’s 2:30 team news. Then that Wenger bloke made a last minute change 😦

Mushrooms on toast tonight. Mmmm

the tiny variety 🙂 I would have thought it was Raddy’s daily bread

Evening all.

I might be alone in thinking Alexis and Özil linked up well when they played together against Spuds because their speed of pass and first touch was too quick for the Spuds doing shuttle runs between them, I want to say Özil crossed for the goal, but it may have been Gibbs or Alexis, they were all in the Micky the time.

I like Santi, Özil and Alexis behind Welly, I think I’d prefer Theo, Özil and Alexis but unlike Santi I don’t think Theo has the ability to drift where he can be dangerous. Santi and Ox both possess that vision.

Eddie. I am as clean as a mountain stream 🙂

yes GiE – santi and Ox are my favourite players. Chambers becoming hot third

Raddy – and I am Mother Teresa of calcutta

Eddie. I thought you were dead!!

“Clean as a mountain stream” sayeth a Hippy.

Suitcase of antibiotics and much soap later 🙂

Raddy – I could be, how can I check?

So looking forward to Wednesday’s game. Must win really.

Hey Raddy
    Just looked it up and CL Qualifying round doesn’t end till December, then first Round 16 game not until Feb!!

Blimey, that’s a log time to wait for a good away game.

Eddie
    Oh Raddy will know some hideous old bat who can converse with the dead. His sort know those sorts.

hideous old bat conversing with the dead 🙂 🙂 That’d be my Aunt Helenka

Look Micky, there is no chance on this earth, no chance whatsoever that we will win the CL this season. So wouldn’t it be better to roll over sooner rather than later?

Absolutely not, Eddie.

I doubt very much we will anything this season, but I fully intend to have some fun and fine victories on the way to nowhere 🙂

Of course you beings on a lower spiritual level (I am on the 5th) wouldn’t know that

Give me an hour and I will be chatting with Mother Teresa

An hour????

Line busy is it. Pathetic 🙂

Micky. February could be good for an away trip. Or perhaps we could go somewhere ungodly – like Sunderland or Newcastle

Too many people wanting to chat to the old crone ….

fun and victories are great, but it’s the fooking defeats that I am not looking forward to.
    Galatastary are going to be very difficult to beat. without pre-empting Raddy’s finest, they look strong, they already beat us a couple of months ago, I am not confident

did anybody hear from Crystals?

Not since Gn5 spoke to him last week

Oh cheer up Eddie. We’ll thrash Galatasaray

No Raddy. Barca, Madrid or Antarctica 🙂

Off to read. Nite.

How did I miss this gem from Raddy:

“Death is just a mirage. We have an eternal spirit which can be easily contacted through meditation and chanting.”

You’re not a Student again are you?

78. Shard says:

Motning crew membership fail.. Killed blog instead 😦

79. aizedlittlemozart says:

reports this morning that OG12 has extended his contract to 2018. -source Telegraph-

i’m happy.

And good motning all!

Good Morning. Pisspoor show from Chas. After 3 days in Scotland he is almost certainly in front of the mirror in the gym.

Shard. It was m late awakening after a night of “rebirth howling” as opposed to your membership fail.

Video was funny especially when you can hear the studio hosts chortle.

Raddy – did you ever go to India to discover the inner self?

shard – sorry, but I find it unpalatable when grown up men giggle at the sight of willy 🙂 This one is for you – have a good ROLF 🙂

Eddie. I did. Been North and South, West but not East

and?? did you find yourself?
    I was scared to go in case it was bad news and I am worse than I think I am. I might not be mother Teresa after all, but I am sort of used to Me.

Eddie. No…. still looking but an unexplored life is not worth living 😀

85. Shard says:

Raddy

You are too kind 🙂

Eddie

That video was meant to be a response to Micky’s cock a doodle video, by a video of a cock doodle. 🙂

86. Shard says:

BR

When were you in India?

very clever shard, too early for me, bit blunt 🙂

Raddy – I have a friend who went through the regression process. She was convinced that in her previous life she was a man with hairy legs and was father to her daughter. The ejeet used to go round feeding people this horseshit with a completely straight face!! I think she actually fecking believed it

Raddy went to India to find himself.
    Got lost.

Actually, I remember even the Dalai Lama saying Westerners seeking answers in the East were wankers 🙂

back he is back to write a PM for tomorrow, thank Dennis

Shard. Been a few times. Started many years ago and the last time was in 2007.

Eddie. I know a few people who have gone through the process. They say it was cathartic, I say they are loonies.

92. Shard says:

That’s great Raddy. Hope you had a good time..I guess you must have had an interesting time at least 🙂

shard – he had hard time – he was looking for himself 🙂

94. Big Raddy in India with his afghan coat:

Raddy was much better looking than that, I’ve seen the photos – a babe

Anyway, who is playing tonight? Chavs and city? Hope they both win

We have a New Post ………………..

97. 友人に恵まれてて3万の祝儀じゃ足りないようなもてなしを受けてばかりだったから最近行った雑な結婚式にかなり嫌な気持ちになった。あれは2万でも良かったわ
    金ないやつは式挙げなくなるもしくはジミ婚ですませるから、ブライダル関係がそうさせないだろうが
    悪徳商法 大阪梅田を中心に「手紙男 在日朝鮮人 沼昌徳」が出没。ナンパ商法「ナンパ合コン詐欺」の実態 悪徳商法 大阪梅田を中心に「手紙男 在日朝鮮人 沼昌徳」が出没。ナンパ商法「ナンパ合コン詐欺」の実態 結婚できない男 続き

エキサイトってヤフーパートナー以上、 前回元彼は一緒に退会したと嘘をつき利用中。恋愛にもモラルは大切p(^-^)q 会社同僚結婚祝いプレゼント