Under 21s: Aston Villa 0 Arsenal 2

I am going to talk about something that I don’t know much about, some may say: what’s new?

The under 21s are a bit of a mystery, snippets of who is good and who isn’t make their way onto the blog from time to time, the odd YouTube clip appears which, as we know, makes every player look like the next Maradonna but for the majority I think last night’s game on Sky was the first chance to focus and formulate an opinion on many of the up and coming stars.

As much as I tried to judge the game as an entity I struggled as I couldn’t stop myself from thinking how each player would fit into the first team or how far of they are away from it.

———————Martinez

Bellerin, O’Conner Hayden, Ormonde-Ottwill

———-Coquelin, Diaby, Zalalem

——–Miatland-Niles, Akpom, Crowley

Martinez: good to go, no problem should he be needed in the first team.

Bellerin: fine if needed in the first team for a game or two but as a long term replacement, should Debuchy get seriously injured, I would worry.

O’Conner: sorry I didn’t notice enough to give a view.

Hayden: well this is why the club sold Miquel, Hayden is as good if not better and certainly is an able forth choice CB.

Diaby: we should see him play his first game for the first team against Southampton in the Capital One Cup.

Zalalem: further away from the first team than I expected. BR mentioned that he was strong through out, and having thought about it I agree.

Maitland-Niles: a couple of good efforts, still a long way to go.

Akpom: I am bouncing off peoples comments here: Steve was critical of him for not being a team player; he is a number 9, surely selfishness is an asset, think Ian Wright. That said I think he is miles away from the first team, maybe a cameo in the COC.

Crowley: this was the one that disappointed me the most; I think the reason is that I expected too much. He is years away from the first team but as he is only 17 that shouldn’t be such a surprise. He is either a number 10 or attacking midfield who last night was shunted out to the left wing, (sounds familiar). There was a lot to get excited about as he inevitably drifted into the middle.

There has been much debate recently about our midfield during which the term box to box player frequently came up. As obvious as the term first appears I started wondering if everyone shared the same definition, so in an attempt to clarify I ask………….

What is a Box to Box player?

I don’t see Ramsey as one, well not yet anyway and I certainly don’t see Wilshere as one, so maybe before I carry on I should explain my own view of the role and having given it some thought I think it can be best explained by the way of an example.

Patrick Vieira was the last Box to Box player we had. Why, because he operated from one penalty box to the other. In Paddy’s case his skill set was skewed towards defending rather than attacking; he didn’t score enough goals to be considered simply as an attacking midfielder.

Which brings me to the reason for bringing this up: Diaby is our only box to box player, and he must be the reason why the club didn’t buy a holding midfielder in the window. Wenger is clearly going to give him one last chance. This makes sense on many levels; he was pretty damn good last night and in my opinion really does have everything needed to play a pivotal role in our midfield.

I hope the Frenchman grabs the opportunity that is about to come his way because what with Flamini coming to the end of his contract and Arteta coming to the end of his physical ability, Wenger will have no choice but to make one big name signing to replace the lot.

Unless, that is, Woy’s plan to make Wilshere a holding midfielder comes off, but perhaps that debate is for another day.

Written by LB

96 Responses to Under 21s: Aston Villa 0 Arsenal 2

1. wally says:

If wenger, or anyone, is placing his faith in a player that is a human bandaid he/they have lost the plot.
    I’m wondering how many goals one needs to score in order to be considered a box/box player?
    thanks for the piece

Cheers, LB.
    I only saw the last ten minutes of the game so it’s useful to hear from someone who watched it all.
    I’m really pleased you liked Hayden. When he played as defensive midfielder in the C1Cup at the Hawthorns last year, I wasn’t too sure.
    Perhaps he was just being given a little experience there to stand him in good stead for his primary role as centre back?

I wrote a few lines based on GoonerB’s idea of a couple of days ago.
    I sent it to Nuts, so if you’re desperate next week…….

4. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, LB. 🙂 More of this throughout the year, please.

Why? Mainly two reasons IMO.

First, exciting times in the youth setup. The arrival of Bonkers and co, and a major overhaul of the youth system. Several youth players have been signed this year as well. All quite exciting. Does our future lie here, perhaps moving forward 3 years? I think so, yes, partly at least. So, there is at least a need-to-know basis.

Second, there is some divergence of opinion as to how good or bad our youth setup has been in recent years. I think the balance of opinion says it has been good up to about 2 years back, with quite a handful of graduates in the first team or thereabouts. Last 2 years, not so good. But we as a club take pride in our youth setup, and we should be abl to produce more beef on the plate.

OK, then, on to the game. Unfortunately, I could not watch it. Hence this report and comments by AAers even more valuable for me. Rose tinted glasses, yes, but what I hear overall is quite encouraging.

Diaby is a big positive. I agree, LB, he is the reason why we did not go all out for a DM. One last chance, yes please. I am hopeful. Let us see.

Martinez, what’s not to like? Brilliant.

Hayden, Bellerin OK, Akpom is in the frame as well. Looks good to me. On with the show! 🙂

5. arnie says:

Evonne. I will be hiding as well. But I hope the good guys with show up with the coorect shoes on, and they will not be hiding. COYG.

6. Ruel Carvey says:

I agree with what have been said, i have watched several games with the under 21, akpom is actually very selfish, bellerin is an attacker, zelalem needs to grow and put on some muscle

7. arnie says:

8. stevepalmer1 says:

Afternoon all,
    Sorry been busy this morning,
    LB Whether you know much about what your writing, or not, you always make it interesting, and some times you make me smile.

Diaby, A box to box player, i wouldn’t have put it like that, but i am not a gentleman like your self. Diaby a bed to bed player. that’s how i would describe him. 28 years old, been at the club for ever and a day, has never played long enough to see if he’s any good or not.

Now OK i know he is an Arsenal boy and all you Gooners will stand up for the man, Most of you would try and heal an animal that is on its last legs Dyeing and in pain, instead of giving it an injection. Now that’s because you have good hearts, all Gooners have them. But when you come to a top football club, and they come no bigger than Arsenal, you need players you can rely on. Players who will play ninety % of the games, be there when you need them, and go that extra mile. Diaby when fit is a capable player, not great far from it in fact, How that man remains an Arsenal player God only knows.

I know many will be eager to fcuk me off, but deep down you know i am right, and if Wenger’s reasons for not buying a holding Mid is because of Diaby, then he has another weak spot.

We all have our own opinions and i am sure many will diss what i have said, but will Diaby last out the first game will he last out a complete season, would you like to bet on it.

9. arnie says:

10. arnie says:

Steve. You are risk averse, Arsene is a risk taker. Does this make one view better than the other? Not necessarily. A risk taker would generate better returns on average, and a risk averse person would fall on his/her face less often. 😛

Steve

I certainly understand your frustration and much of it I share. but not all, and rather than expand here I will write a post on the subject.

12. stevepalmer1 says:

I look forward to it LB, like i do all your posts.
    Hi Arnie you little Scottish supporter. 🙂

Thanks LB

Man, the game has changed. It used to be that the reserves and youths were the life blood of the first team, now there the life blood of teams in the lower leagues.

That 89 squad. Adams, Merson, Rocky, Davis, Thomas, Oleary, Hayes, all came through the ranks

No wonder were for desperate for Jack to do well.

Yes, the game moves on. Are you familiar with the Stanley Matthews , Alan Ball story LB?

Ball was a young sprat who had just got his first taste of top flight football at Blackpool.

At that time, the main player was 64 year old Mathews. Ball recounted how Mathews refused to play in modern shorts, preferring long johns. Probably hiding some thing if you ask me, and used to get Ball to clean his fag holder.

Anyway, during a game, Ball gave a pass that required Mathews to prove that claims of rigor mortis were greatly exaggerated.

How could he move for f*ukcs sake? The bloke was playing with a fag in his mouth, wearing pyjamas as shorts, and busy fantasising about that nights bingo.

When the players got back to the changing rooms, Mathews let rip on the ginger haired scouser. “I want ball to feet Ball. Give it to me and I will do the rest”

Obviously, Ball, known for his rational logic as opposed to emotional outbursts, gave a considered and calm response. “You effing old poof, I will shove that fag holder up your pyjama bottom you senile old twat. In one year I will take your place in the Blackpool and England team” And he did. Takes his place in the team I mean, not sure about the fag holder and Matthews arse,

Yes, football moves on.

The biggest problem I have after reading your comments Terry is stopping myself sounding like an over the top sycophant in my reply but today I don’t care. I love your comments on this blog and as Micky said: if they were ever put into a book I would buy two copies.

16. arnie says:

Chas. wedding night tonic? ha ha ha 🙂

Steve. I am sitting on the fence, serious. 😛 I am actually livid I have been quoted in the press as being a YES-man, you know, the way journos play with words to convey an idea without saying blatant lies. Bloody meedja. 😦

Terry. 🙂 🙂 10 copies of your book for myself and my friends please, and one each for every new writer on AA. 🙂

17. arnie says:

18. arnie says:

My comment is in moderation! 🙂 Anyway, it was a pic claiming to confirm that Rambo trained with the squad today.

19. arnie says:

thank you, liberator. that is probably LB. 🙂

arnie – you mustn’t use the ‘c’ word

Great post LB, thanks. Good to know we have an abundance of talent to entertain us in the future.

21. arnie says:

Evonne. I have taken some flak on AA trying to be politically correct, now I am trying not to! 😛

arnie – good!! all this political correctness doesn’t work. I know a guy who attended all the protests in his plastic doc martins boots and a small dog on a string – he was boooooring and smelled not very nicely.

LB – read the box to box part of the post. I think everyone was hoping that Diaby would be a natural replacement for Vieira. He had similar physical attributes, was skilful and fast. if not for his injuries – who knows? Sadly, he is 28 already and only 2 years younger than Flamini, who never stopped playing. Given an option I would choose Mathew over Abu any day. But as you mentioned – Jack is going to step into that role, so we are well covered in that area 🙂

Ian Paisley died – now that was a man who didn’t do PC

Up LB, I say. In the nicest possible way 🙂

I only saw bits of the game, but it was a first for me watching the U21’s, and really enjoyed it.

Damn it’s hard to watch them and predict whether they’ll make it, as I thought most looked pretty physically weak and a bit frail, but there are signs.

Obviously great to see Diaby laced up.

Thanks LB. It is always good to hear about the youngsters. I would like to know more about Hayden in particular and whether he is ready as I feel we left ourselves short at CD and he may be required at some point.

Also a big thanks to GIE for yesterdays even though I couldn’t get on to comment. Both of these posts tie in together for me in how I feel.

Firstly I agree with GIE’s view of playing players in their best positions, at least at first team level. Experimentation and playing players in positions other than their best ones to develop their all round game should happen away from the 1st team IMO.

I concur with GIE that Ozil and cazorla are not wingers and should be vying for the number 10 / ACM role. I also agree that Sanchez should be playing as an inside forward. I would also like to see AW play the Ox more as a wing forward or at least somewhere higher up the pitch where he can run at defenders and drive into the box. He seems to be always playing too deep for me which wastes his abilities IMO.

I, however, concur with LB that Ramsey is not a box to box player in the truest sense. He doesn’t quite have the burst of speed to be great at it IMO. I see him more as a Frank Lampard goal-scoring midfielder and actually feel his best position would be the one the same as Ozils and Cazorlas. That potentially creates a problem.

I do however think that Jack is ideal for the box to box role. I always feel there is a difference between certain types of defensive midfielders with some being more a holding midfielder and some being a more all action DM.

I don’t see Jack as a holding midfielder but as a DM with box to box licence who plays alongside a holding midfielder. Jack is excellent at receiving the ball deep and bringing it out. For me he is the best midfield ball carrier in the squad, i.e evading opposition players closing him down in deeper positions, bursting past them and running up to 50m with the ball. He also works well in tight areas around the oppositions box. Vieira was a great box to box player as he had the physical size to go with it but I don’t think a top box to box player always needs to be a huge lump.

Wilshere has slightly different strengths, but as he is equally happy receiving the ball deep near his own box and contributing to attacking play in the oppositions box, and can carry the ball through the midfield directly and at pace, that for me describes perfectly a box to box player.

Raddy wrote a piece called “Reasons to be cheerful”, and I love how one man’s bad news can be another man’s good news.

For surfers it’s a “hooray, there’s a hurricane out there in the Atlantic”

Arnie

Did you really use the c word?

Please confirm, as I believe you’ve just rocketed up my standings list 🙂

By the way, although I haven’t been around last day or so, I love your Independence Debate comments.

Copied from Arsenal.com.

…………………………………………………………………………………………

After heavy investment in the summer, Wenger’s options have been further boosted by the arrival of Welbeck. The former Manchester United forward only completed his move to north London in the closing stages of transfer deadline day, but could well be thrown straight into action against his former city rivals.

“I’m very pleased [to have signed him] because we lost Olivier Giroud,” the manager said. “To find a striker who is a young English international and has the pace to play up front, that is not an easy task.

“He’s a team player. I see him more through the middle than on the flanks but what is very good for us is he can play in all three positions – and sometimes behind the striker if needed – so he’s very versatile as well. When you have his size, his pace and his running capacity you would say through the middle.”

………………………………………………………………………………………

It sounds like AW will use him as the striker, which will be good news if it does happen.

Every single player gets the opportunity to play in his favourite position when he first arrives……………………and then Wenger tells him where he is going to be playing.

Left Wing meet Danny, Danny meet Left Wing. lol

31. arnie says:

Micky. 🙂 I have used the c word in this space, as in Cutch D…, but not today. 🙂 I dare not. I am too scared of Peaches’ mum. 😛

Harsh, but fair, LB 🙂

Post Ollie injury, and pre Danny arrival, I was getting very very excited by the prospect of Mesut behind Ox/Joel Sanchez Theo in my new look Pool inspired front three and although I’m delighted by Danny’s arrival, he’s thrown a spanner in those works.

Rules are to be obeyed, Arnie. Well, on here anyway 🙂

Van Gaal: Welbeck not good enough for United

Just put this up in the dressing room.

No more needs to be said.

The more I think about Welbeck the more I am impressed with the whole situation.

The man is just about to come into his golden years, he is the same age as Thierry when he arrived.

Quite simply, there is no down side to his signing.

36. arnie says:

hmmm. I reserve my opinion. For me, there are obvious positives here, but the question is how deeply ingrained the ManUre DNA is.

If Danny scores against ManUre, fantastic, and if he then celebrates, curtains! 😛 I dont want another Cutch Dunt going in the opposite direction.

Arnie
    Do you want a link to Max Keiser talking in Scottty Land on behalf of Yes Camp?

No? Tough luck Matey, here it is.

On Danny

Anyone who can score as well as being fast, is an upgrade on Giroud, for no other reason than Mesut will have someone to play the ball into space for.

For this reason alone, I’m very happy.

Also, Arnie, on the DNA thing

Mesut, Santi, Mozart, Ox, Theo, Ollie, Kos, Mert, Mikel, Flamini…..

Any of them got Gunner DNA? 🙂

40. arnie says:

hmmm, Micky, not talking about Arsenal DNA here, but ManUre DNA. Somehow, it gives me severe indigestion, more than any other DNA in the world. Well, maybe other than Chavs.

So, here we go: Jimmy Rimmer 1974, Brian Kidd 1974, Jim Leighton 1991, David Platt 1995, Matt Wicks 1996, Mikaël Silvestre 2008, and now, Danny Welbeck 2014.

All I am saying is I would expect Welbeck to show some class because he is now a Gooner. Does Rambo celebrate when he scores against Welsh teams? He does not. That is class! And that is what I expect from Danny boy.

Maybe it is just me, but I reserve my opinion. 😛

41. arnie says:

Micky. That link will take some time to listen and digest. Back to you laters. 🙂

42. 26may1989 says:

OK, sorry for bunking off. Have been catching up on yesterday and today. Great post yesterday from Exile about pegs and holes and all that – it’s been a concern that Ozil has been looking ineffective and unhappy out on the left. But perhaps he will be the new Pires. Doubt it, he should be in the centre, laying off brilliant passes to all those whizzy types we now have.

Truth is, swapping positions suits some players, not others. Chambers looks like he could be the former. Walcott, for all the chat about playing through the centre, just always looks a winger, come what may.

But square pegs in round holes can be fun: anyone remember Chris Whyte playing up from back in the dross-filled early to mid 1980s? Loved it, was a right good laugh.

Brilliant to see Total back – come back more often, my Dutch friend! And while you’re at it, sort out your website, it gets blocked by corporate firewalls.

OK, am off to watch U21 game, so I can try to pick holes (huh, holes again) in LB’s fine text.

Agree with that 26. Some players are adaptable to many positions and some should remain as a specialist in one position. DB10 would be an example of the latter in my mind. No need to play him as a number 9 or wide player, just put him in his best position and watch the majic unfold.

Arnie I am with you on the departing players respect to the former club issue. I would get no satisfaction if Danny were to have a parting swipe at Utd. Just thank them for what they did for him and say it is sad to leave them after all this time but that he is looking forward to furthering his career at Arsenal. A level of humiity would tell me we have bought a player with a great attitude. TV was very humble and genuine in his parting messages to us and I loved him for it.

LVG, conversely, has gone for a below the belt comment on Danny. No need for him to verbally reply, just shove it back down his throat with performances and goals.

LB. Well played Sir.

I said yesterday that the main benefit was Diaby’s full 90 mins and he looked a class above very other player. He still has much to add to the first eleven but as always his fragility is problematic.

Of the players on show the only one who I think will advance into the first team is Zelalem.

Crowley is too small but at 17 has time to develop, Akpom bullies at U-21 but will be found out when playing against seasoned defenders.

For the midfielders the problem lies in the age of our first team creative players. JW, Ramsey, Ox, Ozil and Gnabry are only a few years older than, say Crowley. When he is 21 Ramsey will be at his peak.

Hayden had a fine game but was under little pressure – it will be interesting to see how our U-21 Captain develops. He has potential.

GB. I think LVG’s comments tell us all we need to know about the man.

dd

To be fair I think that LVG was not comparing our Danny and his R$P achievements at 23 years old each. He probably meant that currently the Traitor’s scoring record is better than Danny’s which it is. Also, at 23 the Traitor was probably into his 3rd or 4th serious injury, had he been injury free for all the seasons his record would possibly be one of the best in the world.

49. 26may1989 says:

From arse.com’s highlights, the U21 game looked pretty good. I liked the pressure from the forward players, created plenty of chances from that. Zelalem’s pass for the second goal was sweet but he didn’t show up too much other than that. Hayden looked very decent. Akpom? Yup, looked interesting. And Diaby wasn’t carried off on a stretcher, bonus.

Before anyone gets too carried away though, worth bearing in mind that we’re in the U21s Division 2.

Dog’s dinner of a kit combo though. Why didn’t they just wear yellow shirts?

50. 26may1989 says:

Van Gaal’s very Dutch robustness and honesty is fine, he expressed an honest view, something Planet Premier League isn’t used to. I’d hope Welbeck sees it as motivation.

It is a somewhat short term view though. Rooney’s 29, RvP 31 and Falcao 28. I’d have thought they need to have someone of Welbeck’s age. Won’t be long before they’re sending one or two of them to the knacker’s yard – will their youngsters (Wilson? I think) be ready?

Anyway, who am I to care? Sod them, hope it all continues to go tits up for them.

26m – that’s the spirit 🙂 feck’em

What’s the betting that Sanogo starts tomorrow lol

Just realised that I did the player ratings and managed to forget 2 of them. Doh.

54. arnie says:

Thank you GoonerB. It was a bit depressing to think I was all alone. 🙂

It will be BT Sport, oh dear! Have to find a decent pub!

55. aizedlittlemozart says:

Great morning to all. Haven’t been able to drop in for the past few posts, great ones too.

Let’s kindly rip the blue mancs a new one today!!

Sanogo to start

I’m just about to watch the under 21 game from Sky Plus.

Interesting comments on Hayden not being under pressure, whenever I watched Miqel play for under 21s he looked on a different plane and to be honest he should have perhaps gone out on loan to senior football a little earlier, hopefully Hayden will get the chance.

As for Diaby I agree with LB on Wengers hope . And when anyone tells me we shouldn’t persevere with him I think back to the game at Anfield early on in the 12/13 season.

He ran the show.

Feels like the first game of the season.

Chas
    That Wrighty game is the only one me missis has ever attended

Get up Raddy. Arnie has one word for these ….

That vid is a great reminder of Diaby

An early Ant ‘n Duck show may well be on the cards today.

Boy, how disappointed would we be if Danny didn’t start

Why set yourself up for a fall, I say?
    Just assume it’s Sanogo up top.
    No Ant and Duck as he’s driving and we’re collecting JC.

That’s top Yin and Yang thinking there Chas 🙂

Disappointed no show, but great you’re picking up JC

Will it be as sunny at The Ems as it is down here?

Man City at home, what an exciting fixture, so excited. Waiting for the first of the doom comments along the lines of “I’d take a draw right now” 🙂

We often go surfing with a chum called Den and his Son. Today he’s taking said boy to his first ever game, Exeter v Oxford, and in trying to build the excitement has been explaining all week about the meat pies and dodgy hot dogs as a major part of the match day experience.

His Son keeps asking what’s so great about the smell of slippery onions and replica ketchup. He’ll learn 🙂

Shame about the lack of Ant n’Deck.

Seeing Diaby in full flow just brings a sadness about his career. The man could have been a contender.

Micky. Thank you. As you know chanting forms an essential part of my morning ritual.

….and horse shit.

One of the lads who plays 5-a-side with Ant comes from Forfar and we couldn’t believe it when he said there was virtually nothing about their history on t’internet. Anyway he’s right.

Their famous pie/pasty creations are called “bridies”. Here’s a photo of a packed Station park ground (can’t call it a stadium) and the Bridie stall.

Proper football!

We know that Raddy 🙂

Actually, and I won’t go in to details, but for some reason I was invited many years ago to the Krishna HQ near Watford. Massive house given to them by that Beatle (or was it Take That) member George Harrison.

What I can say is that the head honcho’s office closely resembled that of a very corrupt banker!

Chas

Proper Football? I know what you mean.

Bloke who works in my old village store down here moved from Reading where he was a devoted supporter.

Wanted something local, so has been a season ticket holder at Torquay for last 12 odd yrs.

Saw him the other day, and asked how their season was going. I’ve rarely seen a more buoyant and excited fan. Despite being plunged recently into The Conference, he was leaping up and down “Didit, it’s fantastic. Right now we’re right up there in 5th. Played 8, won 4, drawn three and we’re not conceding. You must come, we are quite brilliant this season”

Superb

Here’s my local side. The bloke I came to The Cup Final with has been made Lifelong Pretend President for services, or something

hi all!! Match Day 🙂 🙂

I thought I was a Buddhist once. Nha mio ho reverberated around my house day and night… I am a catholic again, but I never forgot one of their teachings – Westeners treat happiness like a shopping list – we get to the bottom of the shopping list then we will be happy. So, we put on top of the list – a partner, few lovely kids, nice house, car, etc. We get it all and it is time to be happy. But no, we have horrid neighbours, so we quickly add at the bottom of the list – nice neighbours, once we get those we will be happy. Some Arsenal fans should read this, perhaps they would stop waiting for trophies to enjoy what we already have

Hmmm, no Ant and Duck, shame.

I enjoy my vicarious football trips with those guys.

Well, at least I want to know what is on the menu? Sandwiches, what’s in them? Or are you going to eat when you arrive at the ground, if so what? We, your followers, need details.

But Eddie, we have trophies, next on the list is clear.

No 347 Holding Midfielder.

LB 🙂 I don’t do the list anymore, but if I did it would have to be the CL, my ultimate dream

Eddie

No 348 CL

🙂

done! Right, I have to go and get ready, I AM GOING TO THE EMS!!!!!!

76. chas mobile says:

LB
    Older bro is doing the packed lunch today so I don’t know what we are going to have. In the past he’s cooked roast pork and crackling.

77. Morning morning morning

Thank you so much LB for writing a post for yesterday. I’m sorry to be out of the loop so much, I’ve got nasty legal stuff going on with a scumbag builder …………. anyone got a big that needs filling?

Anyway, it’s game day phew and although last season our team seemed to be allergic to 12.45 ko’s I’m hoping they’ll get a huge dose of Berocca this morning to get them going 😉

I’m really looking forward to it. Come on Arsenal.

Anyone else having a good laugh at the swamp feeders in N17.

Friday – “We are not selling the club”
    Saturday – “well we have had some discussions with Caim Hoy but they are not progressing”

So expect sale to be announced Monday 😀

Chas

I agree with LB

Knowing the contents of The A ‘n D sandwiches is an integral part of every true AA’ers match day experience

Right, few hours gardening to loosen up before the game.

Oh wait, it’s 9:15
    I’ll wait for the BR PM. Until 9:33 sound reasonable? 🙂

Pork and crackling, hmmmm, that sounds like a good match day sandwich.

83. arnie says:

Motning all.

Brilliant stuff, chums, just cracking in laughter and rolling on teh ground.

And, matchday is it!!!!!!!! ha ha ha ha ha.
    And, Shitty! oh, dear!!!
    Never mind. COYG. 🙂

“Oh dear”!!!

First doom comment. Morning Arnie (ps sorry about the vid, I was only 10 mins into it, but it went rapidly down hill). Still, agree about RBS.

85. arnie says:

GiE @8:49. A laugh at the swamp dwellers. Yes please. I have been laughing all day yesterday.

Micky. ISKCON? oh dear! not my cup of tea. but they do good food. in the summer, we went to their haunt in Detroit on Chris’s (I mean Lord Krsna’s) birthday. Food was brilliant. Wishing everyone “Jai Sri Krsna” was not.

Done. To publish or not to publish?

Sod it …. I am going for a sand rub. Let Peaches push the button!

Push the effing button Raddy. Half the site are setting off for the game as we speak.

Micky. I used to be a regular in the pub just across the village green from the Krishna house (went there a few times as well) and it was full of those orange robed bastards having a sing song. They know how to ruin a chat-up line!

89. arnie says:

Micky. yes, it started off as good fun and then went downhill. Agree about RBS. 🙂

On Hare Krsna, I can recommend a mockumentary called “Love in India”. Directed by Q. Should be able to find on the web. It is about Krsna’s Don Juan escapades. The part of his life that is actually celebrated by Hindus but the Hare Krsna party will not tell you.

BTW, I was born a Hindu and am well educated, by that I mean I can understand the meaning of chants, but am now an agnostic by faith.

Arnie
    Had to google ISKCON, but yes, the George Harrison one 😦

Raddy
    “Bastards” 🙂
    Are you pushing the button, or can we go now?

OK, OK. Keep your hair on!

New post …..

Arnie
    Never ask a Hippy his faith. Terrible mistake. It will begin with “right, pull up a bean bag, dim the lights and pass the king size rizzla”

94. Joe says:

Hi thefe just wanted to givve you a brief
    headsup and let you know a few off the images aren’t
    loading correctly. I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
    I’ve tried it in two different
    browsers and both show the same results.