What are your expectations for this season?

It’s not long until we can look forward to another season and let’s hope we can build on the FA Cup triumph.
We have got a hectic opening period and at this moment of time no long term injured players other than Walcott.
As I  said yesterday I can only see perhaps one other signing,most probably towards the end of the transfer window.
What in your opinion would amount to a good season?
The Title is feasible but perhaps we might have to wait another season or two.
I would like us to progress further in The Champions League as the atmosphere especially at Home is always something special.
Another brief post but at least something to start a debate
kelsey

91 Responses to What are your expectations for this season?

Crystals,

I think we can now refer to this as “A Coup”. Bravo 🙂

I know the League versus CL divides fans, but I am firmly in ‘Ol Big Ears’ Camp. We’ve never won it, and it elevates the Club to the very top table.

However, as to your question, it cannot necessarily be measured in silverware alone, as clearly finishing 2nd in the PL, achieving a Semi in the CL, and playing outstanding quality football would be a success.

I want to see The Ox emerge as THE great hope of English Football.

Sorry about the spacing in the post I couldn’t get the paragraphs spaced out 🙂

I have seen England win the World Cup and Arsenal win Titles and win in Europe,the only thing missing is the CL Trophy, and I am running out of time 🙂

3. fatgingergooner says:

I want progression.

More wins, more points, more goals, less conceded, less injuries.

There’s no telling how much other teams will improve and there’s only a maximum 5 English teams that can end up with a trophy if you include the Europa League.

If we do the things above though, then we will have given ourselves a great chance of being one of those 5 teams.

4. Phil C says:

The only thing I expect is for everyone connected to the club, including the fans, to do their utmost to ensure it’s continuing success. What I hope for is thrilling football, fewer injuries and more trophies. It’s been shown in the past that luck, good and bad, plays a huge part in all competitions so it’s ridiculous to expect any particular success, it only leads to disappointment.

5. Sav from Australia says:

Thanks for the post. I think expectations for all Arsenal support is the league. If the players stay fit it is realistic. Only injuries and cheating referees – a somewhat intertwined subject – seem to be variables out of the team’s control.

Realistically are the other teams stronger than Arsenal? The other squads I mean.

6. Fredy XVI says:

Before the world cup in Brazil my daughter was ask a Question to know who’s going to be crowned champion .The answer was ” I don’t know but Arsenal will finish 4th

7. Norfolk Gooner says:

Well done Kelsey, yet again you’ve got the debate going. Thank you.

My expectations are, Champions League Semi-Finals and qualification for 2015/16.

A good run in the Carling Cup or whatever it’s called now and in The FA Cup.

My hopes are Champions League Final, Premiership winners.

My dream would be Champions League winners.

But that leaves the nightmare scenario….Oh God that’s too horrible to contemplate.

8. fatgingergooner says:

I’m interested to see what happens with Shneiderlin now he’s handed in a transfer request, just days after Southampton’s chairman confirmed neither he nor Rodriguez would be leaving!

I’d be happy to have him at Arsenal.

I think Besic could be a good signing for Everton too. Looked good in the World Cup.

9. Norfolk Gooner says:

FGG, didn’t the Saints Chairman say that neither Rodriguez or Schneiderlin would be sold to Spuds?

No mention of Arsenal there. 😀

Norfolk,

Absolutely nowhere in the world will you find any player who’d choose to play for Spurs unless every option had been exhausted.

Also Norfolk, whenever someone is quoted (such as the Southampton Chairman), the words may be accurately printed.

What is harder to get across for a journo is the accompanying noise. In this case uncontrollable laughter 🙂

12. fatgingergooner says:

Apparently we had sorted a transfer out for Marco Reus but moved onto Sanchez once his ligament went just before the WC.

Interesting rumour.

13. chás says:

Hello, chaps.
    Thanks for all of the posts, oh hairy one.

I don’t even have expectations for the next game let alone the whole season. I agree with Phil C, that way lies madness.

There are far too many variables over which the club has no control such as injuries, freak goals, shocking refereeing performances, straightforward luck, dodgy pens (for and against), the quality of the opposition and whether DidIt’s wetsuit has dried out from the day before. They’re all in the lap of the Dennises, especially in the cup competitions.
    How else could the chavs have won the CL playing like the West London Omnibus Company?

Expect nothing, enjoy every triumph and see what comes of it.

14. chás says:

This is what happens when you sell your soul to the devil…..

15. chás says:

Worth watching this for the slow-mo of The Ox at 1:40.

Joel Campbell number 28?

16. chás says:

Even GN5 can’t remember this. 🙂

17. chás says:

Nice one Kelsey,

My hopes (expectations is too strong a word for me) are for an exciting season that allows AW to play his preferred squads relatively injury free. In that way we will be able to determine the true caliber of Arsenal and Arsene.

AND – I hope the home “fans” turn into real supporters and let our team play to their full potential……….. some hope…….. I guess it’s more like a pipe dream!

Fantastic picture Chas, and you are correct it’s pre GN5.

Peaches, Rasp.

If either of you are around please check you email.

Leicester Sq?

Elephant and Castle?

Got it. Green Park

Oh jeepers. Highgate?

It’s definitely not Notting Hill Gate, so how about…mmm…errrr…Balham?

Tough question that Chas, I’ll go and think.

Welcome back

How the effing hell was the surfing?

27. chás says:

Wrong, it’s Red Park.

28. chás says:

First two days, rough as f*ck. Third day much better, fairly clean.
    Felt like I’d been beaten up by some female skins.
    How you do 9 out of 11 days, I’ll never know.
    A huge amount of drinking including some lighter fuel-like Fig spirit meant that I now need a holiday from my vices. Hence have been continuing the over indulgence since getting back. 🙂

Just look at that style on a 3 inch wave. 🙂

Absolutely superb pic. You’re a surfer 🙂

A “goofy” surfer as well.

Now done 17 from 20 days

Why goofy. Are you left handed?

Just back to the Arsenal tube station thing. Cannon Street is in the wrong place really.

How many hours a day did you surf?

We do one and half in winter, and up to 5 now (with a break in the middle), but generally 2-3 in summer.

It’s much easier on a falling tide as all the energy is used paddling out.

33. chás says:

I think the ‘goofiness’ comes from a dodgy left knee.
    I am right handed.

34. LBG says:

Thanks Kelsey and welcome back Chas. As my family will be aware, my expectations at the start of all sporting adventures are nothing if not unrealistic!!
    So, like my round of golf this morning, I expect “A Quadruple”, no injuries, and all our acquisitions to settle in immediately. The Spuds and Chavs to be relegated and Manure to sack their manager by Christmas. Even with Scouser relatives, Everton to finish in the final CL spot just above the Pool who are then in the Europa Cup and Thurs Channel 5 heaven next year!!
    So you can see, totally realistic!!!

I scored 34 pts off 24, so I’d bet on my predictions if I were you lot. Roll on the 16th August.

35. chás says:

It was about 3 hours each day with a 30 minute break and always on a rising tide!

36. chás says:

Cheers, bro.
    34 points, not even par. Haha, don’t listen, you lot.

How hooked have you become?

Mild obsession
    Screw the job
    I love you Dear, but it’ll just have to wait

38. chás says:

I’d say mild obsession, perhaps tempered ‘I love you Dear, but it’ll just have to wait’ due to living in one of the furthest places from the sea in the country.

Here’s a thought.

Become a Hippy. Drop out, pack yer gongs and move to the beach where you can sit around a fire and yellow bloody submarine people on your guitar

When is Raddy back? 🙂

40. chás says:

I can smell the woodsmoke already.

41. I am expecting at least 1 trophy and would rather win the Premier league or champions league still FA cup would be sick.

42. chás says:

jalsters,
    I was nearly sick at this year’s FA Cup Final.

“I was nearly sick at this year’s FA Cup Final”
    Surprised you found the stadium at all.

Oh God. Just pushed play on the Yoko Ono Bono yellow submarine peace and harmony vid.

I’m sick too.

45. chás says:

Haha, it’s my phone, mate. If you talk perfectly normally to someone it sounds to them as if some lunatic is spouting garbage. Bloody Samsung!

46. chás says:

Not the first time H’ard Webb has left a deposit on the pitch at Old Trafford.

47. Norfolk Gooner says:

It’s looking good for England in the test, India chasing 445 are 90 for 4.

OK, so it’s not Arsenal and it’s not even football but at least it’s not falling off a plank. 😀

Of course I am watching the bowls and England are shite,haven’t won a gold and in fact the general standard is poor.

The average age of many nations is between 22 and 25 and the crowd all look they have been dead for at least 15 years.

By the way thanks for the comments.Not often if ever I do 3 in a row 🙂

49. chás says:

What’s going to be in the 4th?

The secret formula for keeping your hair 🙂

Can you change my avatar back please chas showing my locks.

from Paul Scholes:

: “I always seem to upset people whenever I say anything. I don’t mean to, honestly!

“I played against Jack at 17 and thought what a player we’ve got here. And I don’t feel he’s gone to the next level yet.

“But you have to remember he’s had horrendous injury problems with his ankle and I’m sure the best is still to come from Jack. I hope so anyway because he’s an English midfield player and I want him to do well.

“And he’s playing for a good team at Arsenal as well. I think they could have a good season, especially if Aaron Ramsey stays fit, and they’ve made a great signing in Alexis Sanchez. So hopefully this is the year when Jack really comes of age.”

52. chás says:

I haven’t got your login details any more, kelsey.
    If you log in at the link below, it’s pretty straightforward.

yes thanks chas

54. ai-zed says:

evening AA’s still awake……only one hope….Diaby stays fit all season. that’s all!

blimey it, looking at the training vid I am wondering about Jack. If he didn’t smoke he’d be faster than Bolt

Kels -thanks for the posts, 2 on consecutive days, that must be the AA record! As to my expectations for this season…….attend at least 1 game a month including 2 top games (have already got tickets. for the Pool visit), watch all the games, and that’s about it. Everything else is a bonus

It would be nice to win the league…..wouldn’t it 🙂

56. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, Kelsey. 🙂 Personally I am missing all the fun on AA, hard times. 😦

Expectations? Oh yes! Winners of CL and top two in EPL, retain FA Cup. I may be persuaded to settle for a bit less, but no lower than CL semis and qualification for next year!

Do I think Arsenal can deliver on these expectations? Oh, yes, certainly. Bring on the new season. Let us start with a bang taking the Community Shield! 😛 Simples.

Chas, I envy you. 😦

57. chás says:
  58. chás says:

A young DidIt showing an early fancy for pigs……….

59. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all, nice one Kelsey,Fishing all day so not been about and just read the post,
    What do we want Eh.
    Many will be saying Cups any cup
    While i just want us turning up at all matches and trying their very best, I am by nature a bad loser, but if i see players trying, then i know they have done their best should they lose.

Losing is not a disaster, if you have been seen doing the best you can

60. aizedlittlemozart says:

i’ve got an avatar!!!!!!!!

61. neamman says:

I just want the league, CL I’m totally indifferent except for the money aspect so the farther we go the better.
    Would be happy with an injury free season and if we do that I feel we can challenge for the league.

62. neamman says:

Come on England, bring the test home.

50 dolphins off Cornwall

and…..paste 🙂

Truly amazing pictures Micky, who needs to go abroad 🙂

Surely I’m missing something…….Maureen spent all last season moaning about the age of his strikers, sells Lukaku and buys Drogba?

Ah ha, peoples. Motning. Look what I’ve been doing on youtube.
    I want one of these. NOW

Kelsey

Abroad is horrible 🙂

A brief appearance, I’m in court this morning ……. bloody builders.

I am so grateful to kelsey for managing the ship, I hope everyone else is too. Cue lots of bowing and scraping to the long haired one.

70. kelsey – are you about? There’s a post ready to go, about Alex Forbes, it’s at the top of the list ……….. can you publish please?

Shhh Peaches.
    Don’t disturb our Crystals, he’s sitting in the corner penning his 4th on the trot. It’s called “Ollie Pantsdown. Not good enough” 🙂

Publish now,peaches ?

Give Max Clifford my regards peaches I think he is in Wandsworth 🙂

I can’t find the post,peaches so what do I do.

Publish “Ollie Pantsdown. Not good enough” 🙂

LB is currently editing my post from yesterday and all I can see under posts are my own.Help 🙂

77. No kelsey not now 😉

78. Oh dear, if you can’t see it that’s a bit of a problem. I’ll schedule it then …………. back in a minute

79. Ok …… it’s scheduled to publish at 9.30 so can you keep an eye and do the all important ‘New Post’

Kelsey IN

81. over and out …………. laters

This wordpress does my head in.I keep having to re log in.

Crystals Dear

Take off the ‘effing shades. You might actually be able to see what you’re doing.

84. 26may1989 says:

Morning peeps. Looks like you has a good day yesterday, and well done to the now prolific kelsey – is he the new Rocky??

Next season? I’m always the optimist – not quite in Terry’s league but almost. But I have a good feeling about the coming season. Much, as ever, depends on luck/unpredictable factors, but there’s balance, depth and quality to our squad. True, there may yet be further changes and the Vermaelen situation in particular is tricky. But I like what I see right now.

Minimum expectation: that we’ll be in the title running till the end and will make the CL QFs. My prediction: champions and CL semi finalists.

could this be true? A big defensive midfielder? Yes please. That would go a long way to help meeting 26m’s expectations 🙂

SPORTING LISBON have put William Carvalho up for sale leaving Arsenal in pole position to sign the midfielder

86. Coral says:

Hello, i feel that i noticed you visited my
    website thus i came to go back the prefer?.I am trying to in finding things to improve my web site!I assume its good enough
    to make use of some of your ideas!!

87. Raphael says:

We are a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme
    in our community. Your site offered us with valuable
    info to work on. You have done an impressive job and our entire community will be grateful
    to you.