North London is Red ……… The Parade

Waking up on Sunday was accompanied with a warm fuzzy feeling that something momentous had happened the day before. Well that’s what my head, stomach and less mentionable parts were telling me anyway. Winning at the new Wembley was done, the monkey was off the back, as Lukas would say and all that was left of an up and down but ultimately successful Arsenal FC season was to watch North London turn into a sea of red.

Getting the tube at Oakwood was similar to a matchday except for the large numbers of children and women present in the travellers. Smiles and “‘superb, we’ve finally done it” comments were the order of the day. With the sun beaming down on the righteous and nobody wearing a coat, all you could see were Arsenal tops of every description and age. A less-than-happy hammer in claret and blue looked decidedly out of place in our tube car.

The plan was to head to the South bridge at the stadium and see the start of the parade, then walk down to Islington Town Hall. The Drayton Park was flying a flag which looked as though it may have been one of the originals flown at Highbury and the chap in the ‘Anfield’ top started some rather rumbustious singing from his privileged vantage point.

parade 1

The sight of a green dinosaur leading the convoy across the South bridge is one that will stick with me forever. The huge number of children in the crowd must have loved it. Sticking through the sunroof like some sort of Jurassic pope, the chap inside must have finished the boiling hot day about a stone lighter.

parade 22

The brand new trophy was glinting in the glorious May sunshine and the players’ faces still showed both the happiness and the relief of the day before.

parade 3

So with the bus heading towards Aubert Park, we set off for Upper Street. Even walking along back roads, every single street had red, white and yellow shirts on display. Time for a quick road beer and we kept a bag around our cans though this was probably unnecessary as the no street-drinking ban was not being enforced. At Highbury corner we hit the start of the huge crowd and progress became slow. Cutting away from the main drag towards Liverpool Road and heading south seemed a good plan, but even this was unfruitful. I imagine a limit had been reached for the Town Hall square, side roads were blocked by the police and no access was to be had.

So we decided to cut our losses and head back to the Armoury in the hope of bagging a decent view. We timed it superbly and managed to get in the shade over by the Little Wonder cafe at Bear Island. Men, women and children stood for hours in searing heat in the hope of seeing their heroes. They showed some highlights on the big screen and each goal was greeted with rapturous scenes and the player’s names sung.

parade 4

Luckily the parade seemed ahead of schedule and the expectant throng were soon rewarded with the joyous return of the bus and players. They were introduced in number order with Szcz leading the way. Both him and the BFG are so exuberant in their celebrations it’s obvious they love being Arsenal fans as well as players.

Tommy, Arsene and the cup were greeted with the biggest cheer of the day. Arsene holding the trophy above his head had the air of a man who was so thankful that integrity and sticking to one’s beliefs could finally be rewarded. Other specialists in spending vast fortunes for short term profit please take note.

parade 5

The players took it in turns to grab the microphone and lead the singing. “It’s Happened Again” and Jack’s “What do you think of Tottenham?” reminded our N17 neighbours that that shadow is mighty long.

It was a truly glorious day and North London is most definitely as red as red could be.

“Written” by chas.

167 Responses to North London is Red ……… The Parade

SUPERB !! Chas

2. LBG says:

Not happy that I’m second Chas. Top notch post on a fantastic day to end a glorious weekend. Bet you and Ant have got a few pictures!

3. Bt62 Gooner says:

She wore,She wore,!!!! RED ARMY!!!! Get in!!!! We WANT MORE!!!!

4. Fantastic chas !…..although disappointed that there are so many great photos, but not one of your handsome bastardness self !. 😆

That’s brilliant, thanks chas.

I’m so happy for the players, manager and supporters.

I seem destined to miss all those ‘best moments’ – note to self, next time get a job that doesn’t entail working at weekends.

Now’s the time for celebration. We’ve had a successful season, we can only look ahead with optimism and intrigue …. who will we bring in over the summer???

Brilliant chas

I didnt do the parade. To hung over from the previous day.

250 thousand people is some turn out. We sometimes forget how big the Club is. Great stuff.

Fantastic chas, just envious I wasn’t there.
    As side note my wife saw the buses returning around 6/30 at Putney

8. 26may1989 says:

Great stuff Mr chas!

I thought I’d share this message, received yesterday morning from a Spurs supporting colleague who (against all things natural) lives on Highbury Grove:

“You will appreciate my pain living near the Highbury Barn. After 12 hours of it yesterday I was woken at 7 by the council erecting barriers for the parade and someone has tied red and white ribbons to our front door. We’re on our way into town now to espcape it all.”

I was of course very sympathetic…….

9. Fantastic chas …………… what a wonderful weekend 🙂

10. Shubham says:

Great feeling from the win. Really pleased about the fans, the players and particularly the manager. The look on Wenger’s face while lifting the cup was priceless. Anyway, let’s enjoy this pleasant feeling. Btw, how many people were there for the parade? 2,50,000? That is massive even by Indian standards. Hope the fans start believing again..A bumper summer transfer awaits. COYG!!

Yes, very sympathetic 26

In the early nineties I had the unfortunate experience to briefly live in Tottenham

On the day they held there “annual staying up celebration” it was truly a nightmare.

As the masses, there must have been at least 500 of them, paraded there staying up league table past my top floor flat, I finally cracked

I leaned out of my window armed with loud speaker “repent you horrible bastards, impressionable youngsters and polite society are disturbed by you”

A mob stopped and through chants of “wanker, wanker, wanker” and “staying up, staying up, staying up”, I responded “mark my words, Steve Sedgley will be your downfall, repent you F*ucks”.

It got a bit nasty, but luckily the police moved them on, but not before I noticed some of them had gone ashen when I mentioned Sedgley. They knew what was coming.

12. tayor says:

“The trophy is here. We do not believe in packing the bus; we do not delight in pressuring and sacking coaches; we do not delight in making noise and boasting and we do not delight in losing faith.

“Many people have been calling us names, mocking and blackmailing us but we remain focused because we are sure that one day victory shall be ours.

“I feel proud to say that no coach in the world can perform wonderfully like Arsene Wenger with the young stars he sustains. I dedicate this victory to our missing Chibok girls,

13. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, Chas. 🙂 🙂 🙂 tra la la.

Very very sad that I cannot post comments on AA on a consistent basis. It is like hitting your head repeatedly against a brick wall.

I will post some photos, if I can get in. IF ….

14. arnie says:

while I can get on, a comment on 26may yesterday, with apols. as you will see, I could not post anything later yesterday.

ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Brilliant stuff, 26may, and pretty much as I saw the game. Some lovely insights provided by GiE which I will get to later on.

But the bottom line is: we played well, even if somewhat subdued, earned a fantastic victory where it mattered against a Hull side playing largely an ugly physical game. Most importantly, we got rid of our “nine-years-without-a-pot schtick”.

On to the Community Shield. COYG.

I will return later, but before that, will first try and share some photos.

15. Shard says:

Even watching the parade on the net, you could tell the atmosphere was fantastic. I so wish I could have been there. We’ve all waited so long for something like this.

I was initially unsure about there being a victory parade planned. Worried about how it’ll be perceived, since it is ‘only’ the FA Cup. I don’t think we had a parade in 2005. But a fan turnout on that scale, and the absolute sense of joy everywhere around the club, just shows how wrong I was to doubt it. Absolutely brilliant.

And even someone like me, who can sometimes get caught up on being more ‘correct’ than others and how some of our actions might be perceived, had absolutely no problem with Jack thanking everyone for telling him what they thought of Tottenham. ‘That’s alright’ after all 🙂

Thank you for sharing your experience chas. A wonderful day for the club and all the fans.

16. arnie – what happens to your comments, do you get a message? Is it a wordpress problem or a network problem do you think?

17. arnie says:

29. arnie says:

30. arnie says:

31. arnie says:

32. arnie says:

33. arnie says:

34. arnie says:

Peaches: I was getting a message saying “You are posting too fast. slow down”. All seems well now. 🙂

Chas,

You have a way of turning on my inner emotions, the picture of The Drayton Park pub brought out the box of tissues. Some of my earliest recollections were visiting my Mums parents, they lived on Stavordale Road just opposite the pub, well the family would all go to the pub before Sunday dinner and us kids would be outside with our bags of Smiths crisps (with the blue salt twist inside) and a bottle of Tizer.

The men would never make it home in time for dinner and my Grandma was known to go up the pub and chase them out with with her walking stick brandished like a club. She had a wicked tongue and was not easily messed with!

Chas

This is all too fabulous for words.

From this sites’ small but united merry band of true Gunners from around the globe, we have so many wonderful stories, emotions, personal tales, pics and stories from the last two days.

Thanks to you and 26 for pulling it all together with your posts, and a massive thanks to Peaches and Rasp for keeping the site going and us all together to live this moment.

We’ll all remember this weekend forever. Damn, it feels good.

Arnie
    Great pics, thanks for sharing.
    Isn’t it great hugging a complete stranger
    By the way, I bought you a programme at Wembley, so if you didn’t manage to get one at the Ems, I’ll post it to you.
    Usual comms channels. The Boss 🙂

38. arnie says:

Micky: indeed it is great hugging a complete stranger! Even if it is one who was mildly chastised by GiE for suggesting, in front of young kids, that Sanogo should have dived!

There were no programmes in the Ems, please Micky! 🙂 🙂 🙂

Chas

There’s everything to like about this line:

“With the sun beaming down on the righteous”

🙂

Arnie

Raddy will confirm that at the game in Dortmund, I was next to a bare chested, drug riddled lunatic (but a Gunner).

When Rambo scored on that occasion, I hugged him and touched much of his bare flesh for an unhealthy period of time.

It’s what we band of brothers do 🙂

arnie,

Loved your pictures, they show all of your different emotions and GIE’s facial expression at the end of the game was special to see.

42. VCC says:

Stupendous Chas…………What a week end. I still haven’t come down to earth yet.

The first 10 minutes didn’t do my heart any good, but the following 110 were magic.

Great photo’s guys.

43. 26may1989 says:

Superb pictures, arnie! Especially love the sight of fans running onto the pitch.

You don’t look anything like I imagined though!

arnie,

You made me smile with the great ‘photos, especially the 11:50 half cut – ‘half time’ one. 🙂

And who was the blonde, female bear giving you a reproving look?
    Did you sneakily let one go? 🙂

45. fatgingergooner says:

The pictures say more than any words could. Fantastic scenes.

The Arsenal teams of the last 9 years have all had the quality, but this is the first squad that have the ability to win games when not playing at our best. The consistency over the season shows that. Is it a coincidence that this has come when the core of our squad is made of English and German players? That never say die attitude certainly helps.

Now we just need to get smarter as a team, and add the couple of special talents that win the big games. I’m absolutely buzzing for next season. If we get the right players in then it could be great times ahead!

COYG!

Chas. Great stuff, thank you. And wonderful pics from both you and Arnie.

Arnie. How do yo manage to surround yourself with such beautiful women?

Thanks, everyone.

Arnie
    Some classics in there.
    As RA said, the “half-time, still worried” one is a belter and it looked like you had every reason to still be worried. 🙂

48. Joe says:

Fatgingergooner
    Don’t for get the 4 French players who finished the game one who scored and one with an assist

arnie, you are a very attractive man. How many guys attending football matches do so donning such a jacket?

The last time I saw such a garment was back in the 80s when as a student I watched some bloke on BBC2 Open University blow up a brick using some strange methane gas and a Bunsen burner.

The flag sellers were selling their wares for £10 a pop before the parade and miraculously the price was halved as we were leaving.
    Some others were selling photos they’d printed, though they were on A3, but without any backing so there was no chance they would have got home without being folded and creased.
    The chap below was selling what looked like lemur or meerkat tails in red and white. As he walked past, we launched into, ‘Get your lemurs’ tails here. Wear a red and white lemur’s tail for the Arsenal’.

I miss the blue twist salt bags…….

Top post Chas

And one that will be there until the end of time……..quite scary when you think about it.

53. LBG says:

Hear, hear, Micky re Peaches and Rasp and long live the BBT – The Best Blog in town.

“Jurassic Pope”

Sheer genius, Chas 😀

55. Bayonne Jean says:

How about this for a plan for the next celebration?

Since 26/05/2014 is a bank holiday, and happens to be the 25th anniversary of a noteworthy event in club history, could we see:

– opening the Ems and setting up the big screens for:
    – a viewing of “Fever Pitch” and
    – a viewing of the highlights of 26/05/1989, bringing back the heroes
    AND
    – the unveiling of the “F.A. Cup 2014” on the ring of honor

26may, could you run this by Gazidis?

Jurassic Pope – hadn’t picked up on that 😀

58. Fantastic write up chas. Yesterday was the first time I really wished I was in London,

I’ve already read a lot of nonsense on football sites about us. You’d expect it from other fans but some moronic gooners are already at it.

Someone mentioned talkshite yesterday. I haven’t listened to it since Eduardo had is leg broken and that manc leftard (banned word) terry christian was on. They only exist because people listen to them. I have never heard anyone say it is good

Still buzzing even though I have no contact with any football fans here.

59. This is the only one I have Terry

Has anyone heard whether Maureen, that Serial Buyer of Trophies, ‘phoned Arsene, or not, and congratulated him on winning the FA Cup for the 5th time, and apologised for being a total loser himself, having spent another £100m and won …… nothing — again — for the second season in a row?

That is a great pic, GM, (very colourful) and I hope they all enjoyed themselves. 🙂

Exile,

Having looked at arnie’s photo at 12:02, I wonder if you have something to tell us?

It is possible arnie has photo-shopped it, but you look just a little bit pregnant! [And this from a man who now weighs in at 18 and a half stone] 🙂

What’s happened to all you celebrating Gooners? Where are you?

If you shaggers don’t talk to me, I will end up having to take the piddle out of each of you! 😛

RA
    I think it might be a case of GIE storing beer in his belly as a camel might so he doesn’t have to go to the bar so often, though by his own admission he is “carrying a bit of timber”. 🙂

65. The lightening here is mental

GM
    You mean the stuff you use in the salon?

GM
    Chas likes white lightening as well. Trying to sound upmarket, he calls it ‘bow 🙂

68. I want to have a word about how we think the site should run during the summer.

Anyone who wants to send in a post/posts is welcome to do so. For the first time in our existence we’re not going to be stressing about publishing a new post every day and so on some days we’ll just leave the previous post open for people to chat on.

The blog will be open 24/7 as usual, hopefully we will get posts offered, soon the World Cup will be upon us and then there’ll be pre-season games and the ever engaging transfer window 🙂

If you do want to write a post leave us a message on the blog or send an email to arsenalnuts@live.co.uk

From Rasp and peaches

I know Cockie is having withdrawal symptoms as there hasn’t been a photo of me on here yet today, so………….
    here’s Ant and Duck plus the old man at The Century public house in 1987 before the Littlewoods Cup Final.

Peaches

We could talk about the Cup win throughout the summer 🙂

Micky
    I prefer Thunderbird. Can’t stand that stuff that contains aspartame.

peaches

I think not stressing about a daily post is a good idea.

73. On Saturday amid the hysteria of our cup win I agreed to do the hair of the winner of “Miss Arsenal Vietnam” in June. I’ll try and write a post about it with loads of pictures for Terry 🙂

I was shown a very funny picture of a Vietnamese goonerette who decided to to the Emirates tour in a wedding dress. I can’t remember why she wore the dress. She’s not married.

RA
    Any chance of you posting a photo of yourself on here?
    Atop Geronimo would be ideal. 🙂

GM 😆

Atop Geronimo

In a mankini

Chas

Just seeing your “get your flags here for £10” comment, outside Wembley before the match, there were the:

“Get yer Arsenal Cup Final t-shirts here”
    and after the game:
    “Get yer Arsenal Cup Final WINNERS t-shirts here”

Same shirt. Neither with the word Winner on 🙂

GN5
    Loved your Stavordale Road story. Ta.

79. About bloody time chas !………I was just about to phone the Narcissism Branch of the Samaritans helpline !…..I need my daily fix !. hahaha

Love arnie`s photos, but is it just me that think`s that in the 11:30am photo, arnie has that look on his face that`s thinking………” after we have won 3-2, I will take these 2 AAettes into my Bedouin Tent, they will be high on the aphrodisiac of our trophy high and I will induct them into the arnie hall of fame ! . hahaha

PS
    Tell the truth…..how many are now looking back at that photo !. hahaha

Redders….someone on another site is asking for your opinion on FFP !.

reading all the comments and all the great pictures is really wonderful and quite unique to any other Arsenal site I know.

Now I can put some faces to people I have corresponded on here,at least they don’t have a turban with a crystal ball 🙂

Oh hairy mystic one

My sincere apologies if you didn’t like my lame attempt at humour. 🙂

82. Silly me, Micky you’re right I could just publish some pictures or videos from the weekend any day there isn’t a post ………….. that would make us smile 🙂

Micky
    It’s the buy any spare tickets feckers that really piss me off. I have to restrain myself from saying f*ck off every time I walk past one.

Kelsey
    We are touchy feely sensitive group huggy sorts on here 🙂
    (at least that what we tell Evonne)

I’ve even got hippy shit bath gong stalls in the back garden.

Ah, the ticket touts
    Had many a run-in with that lot over the years. We used to give them serious abuse as we walked down from Finsbury Park to the North Bank back in the day.

Charlie Mackey Vines celebrating Rambo’s goal on Saturday. 🙂

It’s a bloody gong bath not bath gong!

Or to be accurate shitballs buddhist gong bath bollocking nonsense 🙂

Micky
    This one is definitely for you!

6.52 😀 😀

Well I’ll be blowed! 🙂

I make lame threats against my beloved blogger mates, and disappear thinking you will all say bollix to that.

Then on my return I see you have all shot up like a bunch of toadstools, and are nattering away.

Chas, I have been back in Manchester for a while now, and if I could send a selfie of my nag and I, then I would, but his love of Wichita is too great! 🙂

Look, I did hint at this before and I think you are being a little unkind.
    I was happily ‘looking after’ (horse sitting, literally) until my cousin saw me riding around in my pomp — and immediately banned me on the grounds of cruelty, as no animal should be expected to carry my weight.

Forgive her? Never!!

Weird, I don’t always see some of the pics Chas and Arnie put up. Sometimes refresh and hellooo, sometimes like now, no sign of Chas’ last two.

I am trying to found the lost comments over the past few days. Nothing in the gubbins nor in the flange.

Any ideas?

RA
    I don’t believe you haven’t got a photo of you on your beloved knocking around somewhere.

95. My ex brother in law spent 10 years t shirting all over the place.

On one of the finals the bloke they worked for took a risk and printed Arsenal FA cup winners before the game. After we one they were the only people to have them and made a killing. A lot of fans were calling him a true gooner. He’s a chav

Look in the masticating dongle.

Good idea. I will don the wetsuit and gimp mask ……

If I can get them back from Didit.

Changing the subject

It was one hell of a masterstroke by Arsene with his Rosicky and Jack subs.

The moment he took Santi off, I said to the bloke next to me “blimey, Arsene is going all out to win this, as taking Santi off, leaves us short of a great penalty taker”

I’ve no idea why they made this so dark, but it’s good nonetheless.

….and he said, ‘shut yer fat cakehole, you southern wazzock’.

Do we get some summer “moments celebrations”

Goal of the season
    Tackle of the season
    Save of….
    Dribble of…

ha ha

104. …….. and I thought, thank goodness that saves Ozil from having to take a penalty 😉

That thought crossed my mind as well peaches 🙂

I will knock up a few posts that will create a reaction 😉

chas, I am not offended it’s just the painted finger nails are just not my colour.

I have two new bloggers lined up,one is a fitness coach so that maybe interesting. Both are ardent fans but yougsters under 40.

RA what’s all this showing off with crossing out words in your comments 🙂

Kelsey,

What’s all this about crossing things out?

Have you had an eye test lately? 🙂

Cockie,

Thank you for the message. I do not comment on other blogs very often nowadays – so I will whizz off to TA’s Bergkamp baby and see if it is there. 🙂

They look quite happy don’t they?

RA it wasn’t my best angle captured there!! 😀 18.5 stone? I laugh at such weediness.

Lovely post Chas and I really wish I could have been there both days. As Arnie’s pictures show we had good fun at the Em’s I was mainly taking videos and I haven’t got round to posting to YT.

I’ll put up some pics I stuck up on twitter on the day of the final just in case people missed them.

Have had a rough weekend since Saturday, yesterday my Dad was admitted to hospital, kidney stones are confirmed but being diabetic meant he was having other side effects and his diabetes pills were causing further imbalances. He is comfortable in hospital but so far waits in a ward for the specialists to come down and suggest course of treatment, I have been down to see him today we spoke about the game and I told him he will have a real treat when he sits down to watch the parade videos, he is full of positivity for Arsenal and Arsene, and asked if the press are making as much of the ball being pushed forward 8 yards for the free kick which led to Hull’s second goal as they are about the dubious corner that led to ours. I told him he is in the wrong ward if he seriously thinks the tabloids would say anything about it.

Anyway hopefully once a course of treatment is prescribed he will be home, for the time being me, Mrs Exile and George have moved in with my Mul to ferry her to and from the hospital.

Probably won’t be on much over next few days but will be watching so RA…..watch it 😉

Post match outside Marble Halls

Something I’d never noticed in the paving between Arsenal tube and the bridge.

When I left Peaches, Arnie and Mrs Arnie on Fins Park platform the train I boarded had a few Hull fans…..I persuaded another Gooner to frame a selfie with a couple of them looking glum in the background.

Can’t remember if that was before or after I led a rendition of “Two nil and you f***** it up”

113. arnie says:

Cheers everyone. The credits for our photos go to Mrs Arnie, but I claim the credit for choosing 17 out of 1001 photos. 😛

Lovely photos, Chas. Particularly love the baby Vines one! 🙂

Great banter, all. My wordpress is still a bit iffy. 😦

Peaches. Was having a great time in Bodnant Garden today until it started pissing, and the whole place turned into a bloody river. 🙂 Had a great time though.

The bloke with the black polo shirt on in Arnie’s photos was one miserable git! He was the one who said “but we don’t train our players to dive we are too nice, rather be honest than win things” in a sarcastic way as if it was a bad thing.

And was generally being very gloomy, not sure I want to see him celebrate like that, note Arnie isn’t hugging him but the bloke to his right who was a nice lad.

Hope all is well very soon for Exile Senior, GIE.

116. arnie says:

GiE. We hope all goes well.

117. fatgingergooner says:

Anyone seen the last Arsenal shirt that Nike are doing? It’s a patchwork of previous kits to celebrate 20year partnership. Apparently it will be in a museum but they are also making a limited number to sell. Totally bizarre but great as a piece of history.

Hope all goes well with your Dad GIE.

119. Ant says:

Did you have your coat this time Arnie at 8.05pm? Where are the pictures of Evonna smiling (she always pisses herself in a rolfing sort of way when she sits with us!)? I love Bodnant Garden.

Hiya, Exile,

Me too — I hope your dad is better real soon.

By the way, you are absolutely sylphlike in my eyes — in a very manly way, of course!! 😀

Mind you, in the ‘photo @ 11:41 you would think Exile wouldn’t have worn the same long trousers he had at 14 y.o. Tut tut. 🙄

Cheers GM. What are those saigon gooners putting in there tea, not one of them is looking at that waitress. I dont think I would last to long in a such a world. Definately get arrested for having a crazed facial expression.

Come now GIE. Arnie and his delightful wife go to all the trouble of dressing up, and you turn up looking like youve just bunked of school. The only consolation is that at the rate little George is growing he will soon be doing you and every one else a favour by taking those long shorts of you. hahaha

Hi chas, I hope you don’t mind but I’ve lifted the pic of young Charlie Mackey and added him to the AA creche 🙂

Also can you let me have your assists for the cup final so I can put the stats widgets to bed for the summer.

127. rhyle says:

Great post, great comments. GREAT SCOTT. Tomorrow is my last day off of work and I’m worried about my post-cup hangover…best I power through and carry on the celebrations…

Can’t. Stop. Shamiling… 😀

Just had a cost saving thought for Arsenal.

The open top bus. Rent it, paint it with up-to-date logos, and whatnot.

Well with Trnasplants Goats broken loose, maybe good idea to buy the thing.

Ooo, thought you might like to hear something interesting.

Had Arsene chosen to leave, Van Gaal was his immediate successor. Interesting eh? And I’m not discussing this further, in fact, I’m off to watch ITV Player yet again.

Actually, could we have one of those video loop things on the right with the Ramsey goal that plays throughout the summer?

If not, someone stick it up for today at least.

Morning all.

Best wishes to your Dad GIE

Anyone hear Amy Lawrence on Radio 5 last night. She said that AW was beginning to think there was a curse on the club since the move from Highbury.

I find that interesting that the adjustment and atmosphere between the two stadiums may at least have had initially an effect especially as it coincided with the break up of the Invinsibles.

Geo-tagged tweets throughout the build up and the game on Saturday.

To explain the above here’s Poznan’s final blog (so he says)

Good Morning Spheres of a Clear Natural Substance

It was also clear from Arsene’s comments after the game, how important to the club he knew the outcome of the final was, as opposed to his usual and correct mantra, that this was just a one-off game.

Chas
    Can you tell me the content of your pic @6:56pm “Micky
    This one is definitely for you!” as it will not appear for me

Any better?

That reliable source the daily star is reporting that Bacary is to get 140k a week at man city.
    There will still be people who moan that we should have kept him.

Chas

Wow, that geotagged tweet thing is one of the coolest things, like everrr

You can tell when the goals were scored, and England looks like it’s going to explode at the final whistle.

And, no, still can’t see. What was it?

Morning All

I went to a party last night and many people came up to congratulate me. I answered “well, we left it late but Ramsey saw us through”. They looked bemused and then started to ask about my grand daughter.

Perhaps I have my priorities askew.

It’s a photo of a doorknob with a note attached

The caption says,
    “Our doorknob was stolen at a party we threw last weekend, today it shows back up with this note”

On the handwritten note it says,
    “Dear 182 residents, I regret to inform you that I took your doorknob last Saturday. I was trippin balls and thought it was a muffin”

It’s definitely something to be enjoyed in the visual. 🙂

141. Happy Bear says:

If we don’t keep Sagna, will Jenks step in? Is he ready?

There was talk on TalkSport about Arsenal having to rebuild the squad this summer? What the feck?? What rebuild? A striker and a defender is all we need, surely..

142. Happy Bear says:

Raddy 🙂 🙂 What’s her name?

Why the feck are you still listening to Talkshite?

144. Happy Bear says:

because I fecking don’t listen to unknown weird bands from up north!

Some Daily Arsenal chats are good

Evonne
    talk us through that photo at 11:50am.

146. Happy Bear says:

the stress ball in my hand says it all. It was a nerve wrecking experience.
    I turned my back on forever optimistic Peaches trying to convince me that we will win.
    arnie turned his back on the negative me, trying to convince him that we will not win.
    Mandini was taking the photo

Al’right?

Charlie Vines jr is gorgeous, just the uncle

Ha, excellent explanation. Looks a bit like you are giving arnie the death stare.

Raddy brilliant 🙂 🙂

Thanks Chas.

Ok, this is quality

Chas: “Why the feck are you still listening to Talkshite?”

Evonne: “because I fecking don’t listen to unknown weird bands from up north!”

Superb Evonne 🙂

Dunno what you mean…..

Ha ha Chas

It was going well until the twat on the guitar decided a solo was in order, and I thought “Fack me, it’s the early 70’s. I’m going to be sick” 🙂

Here’s some Polish folk music…………..

153. Happy Bear says:

see what I mean, just weird

Did van Gaal really say that R$P is to be captain? that should really piss off Shrek, he could come to London to calm down for a season or two

Assists update sent to Nuts, Rasp.

Thanks chas. Are you OK with baby Vines in the crèche?

Yep, very happy with it, ta.

157. fatgingergooner says:

That Durham character has done an article in the Mail saying Arsenal fans don’t deserve Aaron Ramsey and he should leave! This is why you shouldn’t listen to TalkShite, because it’s full of w***kers like that!

Flags are looking reet grand this morning, me duck.

159. fatgingergooner says:

A tiny part of me is still intrigued as to what Wenger would’ve done had we lost on Saturday. Could you imagine the pressure he would’ve been under.

When people talk about Fergie they remember that Cup game early in his career where they say he would’ve been sacked if they’d lost. This FA Cup win feels like one of those moments for Arsenal FC.

It’s such fine margins in football between success and absolute failure.

Very nice Arsene interview. Thanks.

FGG

My view: he would have walked away, and Van Gaal would have taken over.

162. Lovely flags chas

163. We have a New Post ……………..

164. Peter says:

Newest memes football See it !!!!

165. When someone writes an piece of writing he/she retains the image of a user in his/her brain that how
    a user can understand it. Therefore that’s why this post is outstdanding.

Thanks!