Who should our rivals get as their new managers?

As Arsenal has been consolidating its chances for a FA Cup Crown, and its hold on a 4th place finish last week, it has been a poignant and contemplative time for fans. Yes, no crowning glory this year, unfortunately. But much promise, progress made, time to put the gains in the bag and move forward.

But, also the sombre realisation that it is increasingly going to be tougher competition for CL places for the foreseeable future. Yes, it was perhaps a case of opportunities lost this year because quite a few of our rivals, dare I say so, were in disarray of one kind or another. But, the indications are that this will be a continuing pattern. Good for us.

Which brings me to the question: who do we hope and expect to be the next managers at Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur? And what does that bode for Arsenal? Do not forget Chelsea as well. Is Moanin’ Maureen going to survive the axe if this is a trophyless year? Interesting thought, but that is for another day.

Spurs first. Lots of investment and high profile signings notwithstanding, and to the obvious heartbreak of a lot of slimy characeters from the swamps, St Tott’s day came early this year. Hoorah!!! In between there was the disgraceful sacking of one manager, and the appointment of Gooner “Dim but Tim”. Well it is musical chairs time again. Frank de Boer is the latest to join the race, and currently bookie’s favourite.

Pocchetino was the previous favourite, and the names of Moyes, Benitez and Loius van Gaal have also been doing its rounds. Who do we think will win the rat race? And who do we want?

As far as I am concerned, I think all of them are equally capable to retain the Spuds position “forever in our shadows”. Hoorah!!!! So, I do not really care. Except for van Gaal. I think he is a very good manager, and if appointed, there is the implicit threat that our new academy band, led by Jonker, may be tempted to jump over to the shadows.

van Gaal is not that likely though. If at all, he would be eyeing the Manchester United position. So, anyone other than van Gaal for me.

OK, that brings us to the numpties on the wrong side of Manchester (that would be China! 😛 ) then. Let’s face it. The appointment of Moyes was a mistake, a huge mistake. But no illusions here. Manchester United have proved themselves to be a diagrace for a club with long history and traditions by sacking a manager in such a short time. We Arsenal fans vigorously supported the “Moyes IN” campaign, but ultimately he was stabbled in the back. I think he deserved a chance for at least another year. Disgraceful!!! And sad for the history and traditions of the English game as well! 😦

Well, so who would be the successor then? The bookie’s favourite is Loius van Gaal, followed by current caretaker Giggs, with the names of Guardiola and Ancelloti also doing its rounds. As far as Arsenal are concerned, I view van Gaal as the biggest threat. But better have in the North West rather than sneaking around in London. Giggs deserves a chance, but Manchester United have proved to be disgraceful once, and I would not be surprised if the same happens again. Guardiola and Ancelloti are fantastic managers, and I do not think they will consider United as an option.

So, Giggs is the best choice for me then. van Gaal will be interesting, but we can cope.

What do you think, chums? Your views please.

Arnie.

97 Responses to Who should our rivals get as their new managers?

Well done Arnie, it’s Giggs for me, he is the most likely to mess it up.

One big loss and they will all turn on him, crying we need experience, we need experience, Ryan will go running to his brother’s wife for comfort and we will get some hearty laughs.

As for spuds, no matter who they get he will suffer his reputation reduced to humiliation within three months.

2. ai-zed says:

a gaze into the future through the crystal ball(s) that are the eyes of arsenal fans?……brilliant peaches……i’ll just do like my coach & focus on we and let them do them

Hi, and thank you, Arnie.

Before we get cracking, can I just leave a personal message for DB10.

Dennis, Mate, how’s it going.
    I know talk of you joining some managerial set up down the swamp is laughable, but I’ll make myself perfectly clear.
    You go to the Lane.
    I melt the statue.

From what time onwards can we make slightly less than sensible suggestions for the hot seat down the road?

5. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all, Great post Arnie,
    You surprised me Arnie, Being a true Gooner i only expected you to be concerned with Arsenal, But it sure beats reading apost on who our next Manager should be, and i bet thats why you have deflected it to the others,

Personally, I don’t care who the others have leading them, as in my mind we have the best of the bunch. Most of the new managers that i have seen have inherited squads that someone else has brought, and i don’t see that as much of a CV.

But i have been suckered in and can only comment on who is there at the moment. I like you Arnie believe that Moyes was sacked to early. Rednose himself said that he could have been sacked very early, But United gave him time to get his feet under the table,

I believe United acted on impulse, A club that have had success for many many years feel that they are to great to be down the league. Supporter power has been an embarrassment to them. They seem to think that a change of Manager with an ageing team should just keep producing.

A manager like Ferguson has made many contacts over the years, and anybody who is anyone who has watched his teams play have seen referee’s decisions that they couldn’t understand.

It also doesn’t help when players who has won the league the previous season have conspired to not help the Manager installed. Personally i see this as disgraceful, but i don’t really care i didn’t like them anyway.

Rich owners who plough their money in as fast as they can, want success for the huge amounts they spend, and if that is not silverware they look for the next Manager

Managers today realise that if they take a job with huge wages, they have to produce, so undue pressure is on them from the start. It has been seen that players need a season to bed in, and second season they seem acclimatised, but Managers who come in have to show that their tactics will work and if they don’t there gone.

Arsene Wenger works for a football club that has an owner who was looking for a business venture. A venture that would almost run itself and one that would make money. The owner has delegated and installed the right people in the right positions knowing that they will endeavourer to do their best. All these people have targets, but the owner believes that our club should be self sufficient.

At the moment The Arsenal plan seems to be working, but now that Sponsors money is coming in, some of it should work its way down to the Manager as the signing of Mesut Ozil has shown. Hopefully we will have money to strengthen this Summer, then the best Manager around can really show us what he can do..

6. eldergooner says:

Good post thanks Arnie.
    Giggs and the Red Scum belong together.Anyone who knows anything about Giggs knows he´s a scrotebag of the worst kind with lots of bad shit behind him (and probably lots more to come) so he´s the prime candidate for me.
    As LB says , we´ll get plenty of laughs.
    Micky ,re the statue. After the Terry blub photos best laugh all week.

7. arnie says:

Thanks chums. I may add as a disclaimer that this was quick and dirty, written in a panic when I feared thare would be no post yesterday. In hindsight, should have placed more faith on Kelsey. 😛

Micky: Yes, had forgotten about the DB10 speculation. All wind, IMO.

Steve: lovely comment. 🙂 and no comments on your bet. 😛

LB: yes, anyone succeeding Dim Tim is doomed to disaster!

elder: agreed. 🙂

Well done Arnie.

Chelsea

I see no change accept they will spunk another few hundred million gracefully given to them by Harry Enfield lookalike and get round the FFP.If it goes tits up then The Special One will be out.

United

Depends how much influence SAF will still have having glouriously fecked it up with Moyes but whoever it is expect the Glazers to invest heavily as their share prices are plummeting.

Spurs

Have to offload 7 of the 8 players AVB spunked 100 million on and I suggest Stewart Robson would be an ideal candidate if he can walk the walk as he talks the talk.If that fails Fat Sam might like a move down from West Ham 🙂 even Barry Fry is always good for a laugh.

You deserve credit for stepping up to the Post, arnie, but you do not need to worry; if we play it right we can get Kelsey to do the pre-match, the post-match and all the others too. 🙂

To be totally honest, I do not have any interest in other clubs’ managers, except that I hope they all screw up.

The whole season in one post RA, that would save time 😉

11. 26may1989 says:

Thanks arnie. Interesting one to ponder.

United: They would be downright stupid to appoint anyone other than a big name, established manager. If they want to go with their heart and appoint Giggs, I’d be delighted, but I can’t believe they would do that. Having been stung by Ferguson’s egomania (“Go for Moyes, he’s just like I was back in the 80s”), I think the Glazers know they have to go to the top of the market – a couple of years out of the PL and CL running is manageable but more than that and the value of their investment will really start to fall. And that’s what the Glazers are in it for. Van Gaal looks nailed on. His CV wouldn’t guarantee him success though – it’s still a squad that needs to be ripped up and started again.

Spurs: De Boer would be good for them, but I would say retaining Sherwood wouldn’t be that bad either. He’s done reasonably well, not least in rehabilitating Adebayor when AVB had consigned him to training with the youths. Whoever Levy plumps for, I think Spurs will still be struggling to get into the top four – dangerous on their day but a weak defence and a patchy midfield mean they’ll struggle to get much higher than they are now.

Chelsea: Mourinho will keep the job, regardless of no trophies. He’ll have said to Abramovich, I’ll see what I can do in the first season back but wait till I’ve been able to spend some cash for the 2014-15 season before I really get going.

12. Vinay – your comment is in moderation because of the way you described BSR 😉 I’ll let it out as soon as I can.

All comments that show the slightest sympathy towards BSR go into moderation.

Cheers, Arnie.

For the mancs
    I’d go for Souness for United if Giggs doesn’t get the gig.
    He is a fellow sweaty so Fergie should love him. He’s also got a magnificent track record of being a truly appalling man manager, so I’d love to see him as bsr’s new boss.

For the spuds (pinched from a Grauniad article)
    Ossie Ardiles
    “Alan Sugar’s appointment of the Argentine club legend (Christian Gross averaged 1.31 points per game, Ardiles 1.15) was worse. In 1994, his second season, Ardiles revealed his masterstroke – the one-man midfield and five-man front-line – and blindly stuck to his plan despite shipping 33 goals in 15 games. Tottenham have since become known for having decent players who never achieve anything. Thank Ossie.”

For the chavs
    Harry Redknapp
    Just imagine Harry’s face when he saw the funds available to him. No more triffic bargain basement buys only top-quality.

I miss Harry

Sorry you didn’t get a Final ticket, peaches.
    Did you get one, LB?
    You also, 26?

16. arnie says:

ha ha ha, guys. lovely banter.

Chas: “I miss Harry”. 🙂

Kelsey and 26: lovely analysis. 🙂

oh dear, Vinay! 🙂

17. Bayonne Jean says:

Steve P: “economic self interest” rather than panic led to Moyes departure. His contract specified that if there was no CL after the first year Manure could jettison him and not pay him the multiple millions of pounds from the rest of the deal.

Re the deBoer/DB10 speculation: expect that to be fanned in the media for as long as possible, as there’s nothing better to wind up Arsenal supporters than God at Spurs.

What could be worse? Here’s a start:

Arsenal relegated….
    John Terry signs as Gunner captain….

Others?

Micky

That Ancelotti photo was taken at the Allianz on Tuesday night as far as I’m aware.
    I did notice as the camera panned round the crowd that some were smoking.
    Did you see any signs when you went?

19. arnie says:

Redders: no matter how much we improve, our trophy hunt will depend on how far our rivals can slip up. wish them ill, I say, wish them ill. 🙂

20. jnyc says:

Good subject for a post Arnie.i don’t worry about van gaal, because he doesn’t stay long. I don’t want spurs to get a coach for long term commitment.

Im still enjoying the result from yesterday. Surprised that the So called analysts didn’t mention that mouh put out 3 cbs and 3 fbs + Ramirez. They deserved to lose so much, also enjoying that hazard speaking out against their negative tactics.

21. Norfolk Gooner says:

Arnie, I in no way wish to denigrate your excellent post…but, in the immortal words of Rett Butler (Gone with the Wind) “frankly my dear, I don’t give a damn.”

Pinocchio or Professor Dumbledore for the Sorry Spuds, could either do worse than Dim Tim?

Gollum for the Manky Mancs, they won’t have to spend money replacing Moist’s publicity photos.

Dorothy Gale (Judy Garland’s character from The Wizard of Oz) to work alongside Giggsy and his fellow munchkins as they lead the club up the Yellow Brick Road into obscurity

No ticket for me.

23. Vinay says:

I think Van Gaal is a done deal for United and it is not good for the rest including us.
    His dutch connection may get him players like Kroos, Hummels and oh lord no Reus, Add to the fact that ‘dutchman’ will be all well again and scoring.

Frank De Boer to Spuds will again be bad, he is good and can turn the set of players to a team, the ajax efficiency. Plus the unthinkable of seeing Dennis God Bergkamp joining him,makes me sick even though i do not believe Dennis will join him, he is to much an Arsenal man is our dear iceman.

Chelsea will retain jose, they are left with no options and have run out of names, Simeone??? no chance.

Pochetino/Martinez will be 2 names which will be attached to most english clubs who need a manager and i wont be surprised if both move again.

How about us?? Wenger set to stay but should we not prepare for the day he leaves and i think this will be his last contract and should be because the man has done all he can.

Remi Garde/Stojkovic/Klopp/Loew are all names touted for as replacement, should we not work towards from now onwards rather than have the same effects as a moyes did.

24. ooops just remembered about vinay’s comment ……..

25. Don’t forget we need a post for Saturday ……

I typed that with both hands 😆

26. Norfolk Gooner says:

Vinay, unless and until Wenger announces a date for his own departure the club will make no move to select, approach or hint at any replacement, as to do so would leave him swinging in the wind.

It matters not how secretlvley the club go about the selection process something would inevitably leak out and Wenger would be undemined.

27. Norfolk Gooner says:

Peaches, youv’e just driven all the regulars into hiding. 😀

Try this sneaky suggestion…put up a comment saying ” OK everyone, we have a Saturday post” Then shanghai the first regular to pop up.

28. Norfolk Gooner says:

Not me, of course 😀

29. arnie says:

Peaches has started typing with both hands. No issues with posts, then. 😛

30. ten words max …………. having to lie down now 😉

31. Norfolk Gooner says:

Arnie, It’s you, Ha Ha Ha.

That’s a fecker, LB.
    Any other irons in the fire?

33. arnie says:

behind the curtains, Norfolk. 🙂

34. stevepalmer1 says:

Arsene Wengers 2 year contract has surprised me, For a manager who has put his club in the top 4 for all these years, is an owners stairway to Heaven.

Wenger is the kind of guy who seems to love records. I would have expected him to go on, until he couldn’t walk or he died in service. I felt that he would have loved to have gone longer than Red Nose.

I wonder if Wenger is just reacting to the modern view, where supporters are expecting their club to be on the top of the tree. Wenger in my mind has chosen this length of contract so that the Arsene out brigade will subside, and think, well its only for another couple of seasons.

I am one that wants The Arsenal at the top of the tree, but i am not daft enough to put my faith in another brought in Manager. I was one who also said, Arsene Who, when he first came, but boy i have swallowed my tongue over the years.

Many believe that Arsene himself holds the purse strings, some feel that he doesn’t buy because he has some superior plan that he wants to do it his way. While i believe he is batting above his average, but likes the public to feel that we are as the press states, as wealthy as the others..

No manager in his right mind sells players like Cesc Van the Man and Cashley and a few others if you are swimming in cash, i may be wrong and could end up with egg on my face, but he’s my man and i will back him, and if i had my way, i would never see another Arsenal Manager.

35. LBG says:

Interesting post Arnie, thanks.
    I am hoping tha Van Gaal deal will go through quickly before Manure decide on a ’92 combination. Even better would be if he then appoints Giggs as his second.!!
    My reasoning comes from the detail in DB10’S biography. In an early chapter Dennis is asked about “bad blood” between him and Van Gaal. DB is as gentlemanly as you would expect and tries to water down the differences (despite having had quoted to him Van Gaal’s disparaging claim that ” Ajax were only able to win the Dutch title and the Champions League because Bergkamp left…….Litmanen was an improvement on Bergkamp.”) and describes Van Gaal’s style as’didactic’….’gives assignments to his players’ requiring absolute conformity. “his forte is working with young players who still have everything to prove and with teams who still have everything to win”.
    I think Manure will not change their squad significantly enough for him to succeed quickly and Giggs will clash with him and he with supporters.So it’s Doooom, I’m predicting.Happy days.

Yes he was smoking the other night at the Bayern Game. Nothing wrong with a nice Havana.

No one as far as I can see has mentioned the placing of the ball for the penalty last night.

It was obvious and quite clear on TV that there a ridge or uneven surface and it was a crucial moment. The ref could see that so why does he book the guy for trying to even it out,or was it the manner of his foot action ?

To be serious about other club managers I don’t care a feck .I wonder if Pires might join our coaching staff or be an adviser as he seems to be nearly permently at training sessions and matches.

I love DB10 but maybe the same could be said of him but his fear of flying will always prevent him being a manager.

Imagine Wenger,Bould,Pires and DB10 on the training ground with perhaps a new approach to tactics.

I want Wenger to stay,at least for the time being so perhaps a few fresh ideas plus of course a few quality signings might just push us over the line.

Interesting point, kelsey.
    I’d almost forgotten about it as the penalty was so neatly dispatched.
    I’ve no idea why there was a booking as it’s obvious the player wouldn’t want to kick the ball out of a hole or dip.

It also made me wonder if dead ball kickers were allowed to alter the ground a ball is placed on, as in rugby. Placing a ball on top of a divot would enable the kicker to get more top spin as it would give more room for the foot to pass without touching the ground.

I seem to remember a dodgy penalty spot for an England game where each and every player scraped their studs across the spot before placing the ball. Was that the one where Beckham slipped and skied one miles wide?

Ah, it wasn’t a shoot out.

39. ai-zed says:

Steave @ 4:04, I would keep wenger forever plus a day if I could……need to get my wizard mode activated….who’s the stronger wizard?..Dumbledore or Gandalf? I’d need to… *fantasy continues with dreamy look in eyes*

40. stevepalmer1 says:

Al-Zed 🙂

Chas,

Costa got booked for wasting time trying to place the ball in a non-divot on the penalty spot.

42. arnie says:

agreed with Kelsey. the yellow card was a bit harsh though. 🙂

What the feck is a non-divot and why would anyone get booked for not being happy about a ball which kept rolling into a hole?

44. arnie says:

Steve, ai-zed: Wenger will stay, but maybe, just maybe, a plan for the future is being drawn up. this is one of the reasons I love how things are done in Arsenal. well planned, and so on. 🙂

45. arnie says:

Chas: I am sure “The Explanator” will explain! 😛

This dog’s face keeps making me laugh…..

Good post. I like the odd non-AFC discussion.

I like it when clubs use ex-players who have a connection with the fans

MU manager? Should be an ex MU player with PL experience. So …. Steve Bruce or Mark Hughes. Preferably Hughes 🙂

Same for Spurs. Chris Hughton would be a strong candidate. Then there is Gus Poyet. 🙂

If my suggestions are taken up I feel two of our potential competitors for CL places would be compromised.

As Micky mentioned my ‘rumours’ update I thought I would give you an update. 🙂

— Real Madrid and AC Milan are both hopeful of beating Chelsea to the signing Tottenham’s 25-year-old midfielder Paulinho in the summer.

— Arsenal have identified Lars Bender as their major summer target and see the 24-year-old Bayer Leverkusen midfielder as the ideal man to strengthen their team.

— Roma could try this summer to sign 20-year-old Chelsea striker Romelu Lukaku, who is on loan at Everton. Lukaku has scored 13 goals in 29 Premier League appearances for the Toffees this season.

— Leicester goalkeeper Kasper Schmeichel, 27, who is out of contract in the summer, can choose between Arsenal, AC Milan and Southampton after all three clubs contacted him.

— Arsenal’s Costa Rican forward Joel Campbell, 21, who is on loan at Olympiakos, could be reunited with Pepe Mel at West Brom after playing for him when he was on loan at Real Betis.

— Louis van Gaal is poised to give Manchester United a list of transfer targets ahead of him becoming their next boss, including Borussia Dortmund centre-back Mats Hummels, 25, and midfielder Marco Reus, 24, along with Southampton’s 18-year-old defender Luke Shaw.

— Barcelona will pay the £29.5m release clause fee needed to sign 19-year-old Athletic Bilbao defender Aymeric Laporte, who is also a target of Arsenal and Bayern Munich.

More Arsenal stuff, Micky, none of it too promising.

49. arnie says:

Schmeichel sounds good as a second keeper, in case Fabianski departs.

Is Bender a midfield enforcer? Slowly easing into the Arteta/ Flamster position?

Not bad as far as I am concerned. We do not expect Wenger to do business for a striker out in the public domain. But this has to be done before the WC, I think. 🙂

50. Not good enough Redders !. I want concrete stuff not rumours ! Stuff from Kelsey`s crystal balls !.
    He has someone come over from Spain to give them a special polish, a chap called Juan !………………..known to Kelsey as….The Special Juan !.

Ah you mean Juan Nil

Cockie,

U R Juan Too

53. Juan is not amused !.

54. But what does Juan expect !.

Just watching Citeh U 21s v Chelsea U 21s in the U 21 semi-final.

Good game, I am sorry to say. 🙂

Citeh are losing 0 : 1 at half time, but they have a good team with 3 players who are superbly talented but all with the physiques like Yaya Toure.

Chelsea easily outplayed and outmuscled the Arsenal kids, but are lucky to be leading — they could and should be 4:1 down.

That’s football.

Well, Cockie, you are Juan and I am Juan too – god knows where Juan 3 is? Raddy, might be Juan too but that’s not possible – I am Juan too, maybe that makes him Juan 4.

So, there we have it – you are Juan, I am Juan too, don’t know where Juan 3 is, and Raddy is Juan 4. Simples!

57. Redders, that is what I predicted to be Mansour City and Chavski`s FFP plan B !. If FFP works, then they already have in motion brilliant academies ( Chavs have been in something like the last 5 FA Youth Cup semi`s ), ones that are leaving Arsenal`s one trailing, because as you know, FFP doesn`t limit any amount of money spent on the academies !.

58. So basically it`s……….All for Juan and Juan for all !.

You could be right Glicster!

I thought our U21 boys were pretty good, but these two teams really are the biz, which is perhaps why we have changed the Youth Academy coaching set up.

I’m not sure BSR has been first choice for Holland from memory Van Gaal has started Huntelaar ahead of him on occasion, can you imagine if Van Gaal is announced pre WC then there would be immense scrutiny before the season even starts around that relationship.

As for Frank De Boer to Spuds? I’m sure God will have a quiet word in his shell like to dissuade him, and lets not forget Bergkamp is at Ajax because it’s Ajax not necessarily due to loyalty to De Boer for him to follow him to Spuds would take a huge leap IMO. Wouldn’t mind betting De Boer is looking for work outside of Holland and leaking that Spuds are interested should spark a few other clubs considering their manager into the fray for his services.

Nice idea for a post Arnie, is it wrong to want Allardyce to get the ManUre job and Pardew to get the Spud one?

Juan might say that Juan, but Juan too cannot possibly comment.

It was only two seasons ago that Banfield and Bould were promoted to First Team duties, the replacements have just been promoted up from within, with Chippy retiring I guess the opportunity has been taken for a proper refresh.

I thought RvP was Captain of Holland under Van Gaal

Not sure if my facts are correct but this is interesting (well, it is to me)

Number of managers during the PL years….

Arsenal = 5 (inc Rice & Houston)
    Aston Villa = 13
    Chelsea = 19
    Everton = 9
    L’pool = 8
    MC = 12
    Newcastle = 19
    Spurs =19

65. arnie says:

That is a nice league table, Raddy. 🙂

Thanks chums, a decent day’s blogging in a good spirit. 🙂 🙂 What more can one wish for, just a few days before the season ends. 😛

As far as Arsenal is concerned, I think the general consensus is progress has been made, but with only modest gains. We came off a fantastic run into the summer, had no significant departures and added Ozil. That should have seen us make progress, and we did.

Why were the gains modest? Because the EPL is becoming more competitive and there are now more hoses in the race. Hence a sense of perspective on our opponents is required.

The general consensus today appears to be that there is not much to worry about ManUre and Spuds. That may or may not be true. But, even if it were, both the Chavs and Shitty are planning to strengthen in the summer.

Plus, it remains to be seen how the Liverpool and Everton teams pan out. Strong finish to the season required now, and then hopefully good summer activity. 😛

All to play for. On with the show. COYG. 🙂 🙂 🙂

66. arnie says:

Cockie, Redders, Chas, and everyone. I think the academy side of things will be very exciting next two years. Once more, let me request that, on AA, we follow the academy more closely next year. 🙂

Chas

Re your question about smoking inside the Allianz Arena.

Marvellous news. Once inside the ground, I made my way up the stairs towards the upper tier, and lo, there were ashtrays. This made me happy.

However, I think some Gooner Gentleman were unsure as to whether or not this meant smoking in their seats was also allowed, as I noticed how a few chose to share one smoke amongst themselves 🙂

Peaches and LB

Sorry to hear you did not get tickets. 25k to each Club is not right.

It is simply ridiculous that there is a 90,000 seater stadium and just over half is allocated to the fans of either club.

So shall we have an AA pub day near the Emirates?

Exile, Bonjour.

They’re doing a Cup Final screening in the stadium.

74. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    If the press have it right, you can cross Diego Costa off your list, as Chelsea have him signed up for a snip at 32 mil.

Ah, I’ve seen those Gooner Gentleman before walking down St Thomas’ Road in their Oscar Wilde jackets discussing the novels of Gunter Grass.

Uncanny resemblance to Peter Cook

Hey Steve

Great news though, as according to both the Mirror as well as our own RA, Lars Bender is our target.

1.83m with a German built engine under the hood 🙂

Given that apparently we bid last summer, it might explain stop gaps like Flamini and Kallstrom.

I don’t think we’ll get a striker, as I reckon AW will stick with Ollie and Yaya. Wrongly in my view, but Lars, or LB as I’ll call him, would be awesome

Chas ROLF

78. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Micky,, trouble with that price is, Chelsea could double that bid for a back up striker 🙂

Morning Guys,

And Micky OUT.

80. stevepalmer1 says:

Chas, he has to be a Spud in those colours 🙂

Steve

I’d take Torres off them, while Theo beds in to his new role 🙂

RA
    I am actually, but I’ll be back later 🙂

Micky IN.

83. stevepalmer1 says:

Off Fishing, catch you guys and girls later.

Love those dog pics almost as much as the unfeasibly large breasted women dressed in red.

#WearRedToWembley

Screening at the Em’s….. Anyone up for it?

A party at the Em’s could be a plan GiE ………

91. Another great history lesson coming up from GunnerN5 …….

…………… New Post …………………..

92. OMG ……….. there’s talk of a parade, brought tears to my eyes 🙂

I know, calm down peaches ……………

93. Tickets are a fiver or £10 for club level ………

94. RC78 says:

– Man Utd should get Jorge Jesus from Benfica and he should be supported by Quieroz and Giggs.

– Hotspuds should get Pochetinno or De Boer but I feel that Pochetinno may be able to adapt quicker than De Boer to the Hotspuds locker room

95. I don’t care as long as we get Kopp in the end.