Arsenal Arsenal’s Friday News Round Up

Saturday:

Ahead of Sunday’s game the news about Arsenal was mostly a rehash of The Manager’s Press Conference. The important point was that both Matheiu Flamini and Jack Wilshere trained normally, Wenger was confident that the former would be available while the latter would be assessed before the game. Jack Wilshere later declared himself fit.

Risking Wilshere in a game at Old Toilet seems a bit unwise to me as he would undoubtedly be a target for some brutal treatment of the type previously handed out by the notorious Neville brothers to Jose Antonio Reyes. Thinking about it, it is sometime since we came up a against a team intent upon kicking our players off the park, perhaps they’re just too nippy to be caught.

Sunday:

Prior to the late afternoon kick-off all the news was about the bug that struck down the BFG and Tomas Rosicky. It was rumoured that a mysterious character, speaking with a distinct Glaswegian accent, and sporting a big red nose had been seen lurking about the kitchens of the hotel the Arsenal squad were staying in. Now I’m not making any accusations but…..

Monday:

OK, we lost at Old Toilet. It was probably the closest game between us and them for quite some time, one moment of slackness at a corner was enough.

Reactions were many and varied:- Patrick Barclay in the London Evening Standard “Moyes’s men strained every sinew to beat Arsene Wenger’s, who had more of the ball and worked every bit as hard only to lose because key men — Olivier Giroud, Aaron Ramsey and even Mesut Ozil — could not go the extra yard”. I did not see too much of the “I told you so” type of comment, in fact most people seemed to acknowledge that we had closed the gap somewhat on Manure.

Tuesday:

Thomas Vermaelen rubbished reports that he was looking for the Emirates exit, “I’m still confident I can play for this club and every chance I get I will do a job”. That’s what I like to hear, a player willing to stay and fight unlike one of his soon (I hope) to be erstwhile team mates, a striker who seems only intent on getting out as soon as possible.

Many commentators were saying that Wenger needs to sign a striker in the January transfer window, and LB wrote a thoughtful article on the subject for AAers to comment on.

I’ll leave the last word on Sunday’s result to Paul Hayward of The Telegraph. “Wenger will look at the transition difficulties at United, Chelsea and Manchester City and feel he can absorb the odd unsurprising setback”.

“A favourable wind is still blowing the old dark clouds away”.

Wednesday:

It was announced that an agreement was in place for Jack Wilshere to take part in only one of England’s two friendlies as he was undergoing treatment for “a knock”. If he is unfit Hodgson shouldn’t even contemplate using the lad at all.

A question was asked, in the London Evening Standard, is Mesut Ozil being overworked? After a brilliant start to his Arsenal career, four assists and two goals from eight Premier League games, he has been arguably less influential in the last three games against Liverpool, Dortmund and Man U. He is not used to playing so many high intensity games in such a short space of time. In the 12 matches he has started for Arsenal, the 25-year-old has played 90 minutes in nine of them. Contrast this with how he was used at Madrid, where he was no less a pivotal figure before his departure; of the 40 games he began for Real last season, Ozil completed only 19 of them. The season before the midfielder finished just 14 of 44 starts.

Is he being overplayed? Does he need a rest?

Thursday:

Abou Diaby gave an interview to L’Equipe stating he was looking forward to working on getting back to fitness.

“I have come off the crutches. Now I have to start walking again!

“I will start running again in a few weeks.

“I want to take my time with everything to ensure that it all goes smoothly.”

Written by Norfolk Gooner

138 Responses to Arsenal Arsenal’s Friday News Round Up

1. arnie says:

Morning all.

Friday is here again, and the day’s highlight is ….. no points for guessing this right …. NG’s news roundup of course. This needs to be enjoyed and digested for a bit, so back later.

But before that, about yesterday. Cracking brilliant debut, N5Art. My apologies my day was lost in travel and I could not come in, but really enjoyed this.

Finally, looking forward to the Sweden-Portugal and Ukraine-France games tonight, for different reasons of course. Not interested in the England game, it is only a friendly.

2. Danny says:

Thanks Norfolk, your Friday round ups are now definitely part of our weekly itinerary.
    Poor Diaby, what could’ve been. I think of last seasons match against Liverpool – one of the greatest displays ever by an Arsenal player.

Thanks Norfolk

I’m just overjoyed to learn that Diaby wants to take his time.

Phew. Don’t rush things there Abou 🙂

Actually, I feel genuinely sorry for the bloke.

4. arnie says:

Yes, really sorry for Diaby. At least the world has not forgotten about him. He crops up in our discussions on AA, and even the French press is interested. Hopefully, some day soon!

5. arnie says:

I know this is not a pleasant topic, but I am somewhat worried about Jack’s presence in the England dressing room. Maybe his views on who should play for England, while not mainstream and certainly not official, is perhaps shared with some other senior players, even if they are more careful about what they say in public. If this is true, it is sort of OK for Jack. But even then, I cannot imagine how he would face the likes of Raheem Sterling, say, in the dressing room. Maybe he has already apologised. Daft daft Wilshere. Such a fantastic player, such a hard worker, such a passionate Gooner, but just one mistake does it!

NG. Another cracker. I too have suspicions that Red Conk sprayed some virus into the AFC hotel. And I am in no doubt that had BFG played we would have won.

Diaby: He seems like a really top bloke and so undeserving of his litany of injuries, however, he has to go as soon as his contract runs out. Sorry Abou.

Thanks Norfolk

So Abou has to “start walking again”. The poor bloke. I know hes a famous footballer paid loads of dosh, whilst ime skint and typing this am wearing three layers of clothes to keep warm. But I feel sorry for the guy.

Would love to see him come back, put the injuries behind him and play brilliantly, but can his body handle it??

Sometimes we forget players are human beings you know. In truth there just like the rest of us, same fears and anxiety’s

In the eighties I did a lot of my drinking in the Orange Tree Pub, frequented by the Arsenal players.

Viv Anderson, Paul Merson etc, all top blokes, except Graham Rix

My favourite though was Kenny Sansom. Completely down to earth and a great laugh. When I saw that story about him kipping on the street I was genuinely upset. How can a guy with nearly 100 England caps, and a former captain of the greatest club in the world be reduced to that?

I guess its a case of “there by the grace of God go i”

Well done NG, your sleuthing for news is an art in its own write! 🙂

Terry, that is a really well made comment both about Abou and Kenny.

Raddish too made a very magnanimous comment until the bit when he told Abou to sling his hook. 🙂 A hard man is that Randy!

Yes Redders, regardless of circumstances life tends to throw up unexpected twists and turns for all of us,

Raddy comes over as a very liberal guy with loads of empathy for his fellow man. Unless he doesnt like someone. Then he demands there shot. haha

10. JanMan says:

Could someone please explain the swingometer as it makes absolutely no sense what soever to me!!! What are the columns, where do the points come from? What does it mean? What is its purpose?

I would set your goats on him if I were you, Terry! 🙂

Ah JanMan, the intricacies of the Swingometer are legion, and rank up there with other such questions like ‘what is the meaning of life’ and ‘what is the point of cabbage’.

It is the brainchild of GIE and like the Emperor’s clothes, no one wants to be the first to say ‘what is that all about?’ —- until you! Bravo!! 🙂

13. JanMan says:

RA. That was a great response 🙂 I am sure it has a good meaning and purpose but I guess I am too thick to figure it out!! (no offense meant GIE)

No JanMan

It does not have a good meaning or a purpose. RA is spot on. It is like a cabbage 🙂

The likeability lies in its utter pointlessnessness.

JanMan,

Joking aside, I have never really found time to investigate it, but GIE for all my teasing is a very good accountant and ipso facto a mathematician.

I believe it is a predictor based on comparative results from the previous season updated by virtue of the current season’s results.

It is purported to show the likely outcome of the current season based on this amalgam of prior results and current results, and from my perspective, provided that means Arsenal will eventually end up at the top of the EPL I am happy! 🙂

Of course, the official AA interpreter and custodian of the Swingometer is Rasp, and when he explains its intricacies to you, all will be revealed!! 🙂

Mind you, there’s much on the right that I look at and “Eh?” at.

We’re approaching the recent comments widget, all of which are on my screen as we go past it 🙂

17. JanMan says:

RA/Mickey. Ok I’ll accept its pointlessness (is that an English word) and assume that somehow it translates to Arsenal being top of the EPL in May 🙂

Close, but it’s actually ponitlessnessness, and in Scotland there’s extra ness on the end 🙂

19. arnie says:

On GiE’s swingometer, I disagree a bit with Redders! 😀 To me, its main utility is in tempering expecations. So long as Arsenal if down the pecking order, I am constantly reminded of DOOMSDAY and I am happy. If we are Top of the League (say, we are …..) but the swingometer predicts bottom half it is good. If it turns out the other way round, it will be disaster!!!!! 😀 😀

JanMan,

Yes indeed, ‘pointlessness’ is an English word and is a noun.

You could say it means something like, don’t wrestle with pigs, you get dirty and the pigs like it. Or perhaps, do not joust verbally with Micky he is the king of ‘nesses’ and you will never win, because he will just add another ‘ness’! 🙂

21. arnie says:

Having said that, I agree with its ‘pointlessness’ and precisely for this reason, it is somewhat useful ….. ha ha ha

arnie,

WordPress has swallowed up my original response to you, but suffice to say that Micky went to Loch Ness in Scotland last year, and convinced the Scots that it should really be Loch Nessness.

It so is Friday 🙂

24. arnie says:

Redders: 😀 😀 I had a feeling this was converging towards the lovely Nessie, next time any of you are on the trail, let me know. I live nearby, and have not yet given up hope of finding her. At least to try and resolve the confusion between Loch Nessness, Loch Lessness, and Loch Nessless. ‘Clear as mud’, a bit like the swingometer really!!!! 😀 😀 😀

Chas’ Heatmaps are my new favourite.

A recent one of Ramsey had me wondering.

Is it dark red because he ran hard to get to that spot, and was consequently hot when he got there. Or, did the red spot mark cumulative Ramsey body temperature because he stood there a lot. If it were a scorching hot day, would the heat map be able to detect our hero at all? Would the heatmap technology get very confused if after scoring Aaron was embroiled in a mass group hug and could it identify our hero’s heat from the hugees heat? If he wandered gently about, and the air temperature was the same as his blood, would the heatmap be able to detect him at all?

Complicated and intriguing. I spend hours over those graphics

26. arnie says:

Micky: Fantastic. This is precisely why I love all the widgets and graphics. They generate so many ideas, at different times of the day, before and after meals, before and after a drink, in hot weather or in cold, absolutely fantastic. 😀 😀 😀

27. JanMan says:

Well at least I stirred up a few comments 🙂 This really is a great site with enjoyable reading and enjoyable posters. Just wish I had time to be more of a regular. You all have a great weekend 🙂

Be a bad worker JanMan.

Ok, so I’ve had practice, but despair not, all good things and whatnot…

As you will all know too well, scientists can study the night sky and from the colours of the gases emanating from the planets they can tell a great deal about them.

My concern about Chas’ heat maps is that they may be giving off too much info about players.
    For example, if ‘X’ had been for a good brisk curry the night before, would there be a telltale heat emission centralized around his exhaust pipe? Would it glow a specific color? Do all the different currys have their own unique colors?

The answer to that could raise other ‘must know’ questions such as if there was an absence of heat around a players head, would that be indicative of a state of empty-headednessness?

What if a player had ignored the club’s policy of foregoing hanky panky before a game, would the area involved give off a pulsing heat signature? Could it be mistaken for a pulsar supernova?

I think we should be told, and Chas taken to account for breaching the human rights privacy laws. 🙂

Thanks for a great news round-up, NG.

I’m off to dig up some heat maps.

Szczesny’s heat map against Liverpool.
    He’d obviously been out for a few sherbets and a curry the night before. 🙂

You see Chas, just what I was concerned about!

He has obviously asphyxiated his defense as can be seen by the cold blue feet around him. Gibbs and Kosser are clearly suffering from curry fug.

Of course they may not be feet as they look like balls, in which case Per has only got one!

Shots taken per goals scored.
    I presume that’s our red dot bottom left so we win again.

Yes, RA. It’s a good job he had to change goals at half-time else the lower tier North Bank would have had to have been evacuated.

36. arnie says:

Chas, Micky, Redders: This is absolutely fantastic. We might then be able to use the heatmaps to figure out what is it that RedNose spiked their drinks with the evening before the match. Or was it that BFG and co had slipped out of the hotel to have a curry at some clandestine restaurant in Manchester, or Bradford, or wherever!!!! This is really great!!! 😀 😀 😀

These are better if you go to the link.

Attacking effectiveness (Languidly Clinical 🙂 )

Defending effectiveness

Rambo’s shooting

Brilliant. Ha ha

I pop into a quick meeting, and emerge to being heatmapped.

Chas,
    Re the Szczesny one. This is where things get confusing. He’s colder having moved outside his area, then when he moves not.

As for the “Shots taken per goals scored” type. It does not matter how long I stare goggled eyed at those sorts, the Arsenal are always winning.

41. goonermichael says:

Arnie
    What has Raheem sterling got to do with what Jack said?

42. arnie says:

GM: My understanding is that Sterling was born in Jamaica, naturalized in England, until very recently was eligible to play for both countries. Very similar to Januzaj really.

Hi Norfolk

Thanks as always for the weekly round up but as much as I would like the credit for writing the fine article on strikers it was in fact GoonerB

Rasp

If you are around could you change that.

44. goonermichael says:

Januzaj came here to play football. He’s not even eligible to play for England yet. Sterling has been here since he was a kid as far as I know. Wenger agreed with Jack.

45. goonermichael says:

Sterling has represented England at all levels.

Raheem Shaquille Sterling (born 8 December 1994) is a professional footballer who plays for Premier League club Liverpool and the English national team mainly as a winger. He began his youth career at Queens Park Rangers before signing for Liverpool in 2010. He represented England at under-16, under-17, under-19 and under-21 level before being capped at full level by the national side for the first time in November 2012.

46. arnie says:

GM: I think Sterling joined the QPR Academy at 10. But he was eligible to play for Jamaica until he relinquished his eligibility officially in 2012. Jamaica complained to UEFA, and there were some muddy waters. Anyway, this is all dealt with at the FA and respective national bodies level.

My limited point is that players need not meddle with this matter. It is a policy matter. But you see my point I hope, that every time he meets Sterling in the England team, it is a bit awkward. Why? Just because he spoke without thinking the consequences through. This really had nothing to do with him. The press tries to lure young passionate players into such traps, just be mature and stay out of it!!!

47. goonermichael says:

arnie
    I imagine Sterling has no problem with Jack. They’ve probably played together many times. The FA should make sure players don’t answer that type of question.

48. arnie says:

GM: agreed 100%. 😀 😀 😀

49. goonermichael says:

I may be able to get out early tonight. I fancy watching the France match

50. goonermichael says:

Jack was on an FA press conference when he said it I think. They must have a press officer who can deflect that type of thing. If it wasn’t an FA presser then they should have rules for the players. On a personal level I agree with him. I’d count people like Sterling and Mo Farrah as English though.

51. arnie says:

Yes, agreed that the FA should have a policy on what questions a player should answer. Personally, I think the player has a choice regrading which country he chooses to represent at the international level. This is true for Sterling, Jenks and Zaha. Jenks was eligible to play for Finland, but has made a decision to play for England. If the moment comes, this will be true for Zanuzaj as well. But this question is irrelevant now, because the moment has not come.

52. I know some of you like the Arsenal Gentleman character !.

53. goonermichael says:

Frimpong too. I think the point he was making (agreed by Wenger) Was about football mercenaries. It would turn International football into club like football.

I wonder how long Dudu lived in Croatia before they let him play for their national team. He moved there for football.

Anyone remember Zola Budd?

54. arnie says:

Agreed, GM. That is how the world is, unfortunately.

Jenks is a curious case. He actually played U-16 for England, U-19 and U-21 for Finland, and then full internationals for England.

Januzaj does not qualify for England at the moment. But, by 2015, he may have completed 5 years of education in the UK. Education is the criterion, not residency. 2011-15 will probably qualify him for England.

It is really the US that led to changes in the old system, I think. By providing citizenship to expat East Block athletes and encouraging them to play for the US.

55. evonne says:

Thank you Mr Norfolk for the Friday treat, very nice indeed.
    Diaby will start running in a few weeks time? Hooray, let’s hope he runs all the way somewhere warm, like Italy or Spain or Greece

Jack Wilshere conundrum. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm..part of me says that he is overplayed when fit and the other part that he is his own worst enemy. He is very young, but given number of injuries that he has had you’d think that he will learn how to avoid dangerous to himself tackles. But no, oh no, off he goes all steam and injures himself again. But I guess that’s all part of learning and maturing as a player.

What you should do in the future, Mr Norfolk to make your Friday job easeir is to follow the example from the media and make up a few stories, nobody will notice 🙂

56. evonne says:

GM – Who is Zola Budd? Did he play for Arsenal? must have been before my time, you are getting old GM 🙂

no shoes SA bullet

57. JanMan says:

What happened with Kelsey? I used to enjoy some of his posts. I thought I read on here somewhere that he was sick and returned to England and was unable to post and yet I see that he posts on ACLF?
    Still haven’t figured out the Swingometer 🙂

Janman,

We have 25 points so far.
    From the corresponding fixtures last season we got 28 points.
    If you divide 25 by 28 you get a factor of 0.89.
    So the swingometer logic is that we will get 0.89 x the points we got from the other corresponding fixtures we are yet to play this season.
    Last season, we got 73 points, so take the 28 we got from the fixtures we’ve played so far and you’re left with 45 points.

Now to work out how many points we will get for the rest of the season, multiply 45 by 0.89 and you get 40.5 points.
    Add the 40.5 to the 25 we have already and you get the swingometer total of 65 points (assuming rounding down)

Simples. 🙂

Sorry that should have been 40.05 not 40.5.
    My eyes aren’t what they used to be.

Newcastle’s response to the Steven Taylor makes racist tweet saga. 😆

61. JanMan says:

Chas. I have waited all day for that 🙂 It’s like the guys said earlier, cabbage, do we really need it 🙂 However, AA can be proud as we are unique, no other blog has the mathematical wizard that is referred to as the Swingometer 🙂

Szczesny definitely needs cabbage, else his heatmaps are far less impressive.

64. arnie says:

JanMan: Our discussion on “pointlessness” and whatever created such a situation that poor GiE had to hide away from AA all day. I remember he was very hesitant to put this up on AA, but did so after many request. Cabbage or not, we love the swingometer. We love to be different. Whether that fetches trophies or not is another matter, but who cares! 😀 😀 😀

To be fair, GIE called it the Predict-o-meter, I think.

It was only when Micky suggested that it was predicting us to finish in the Rothmans Isthmian League that it started to become known as the Swingometer as its predictions seemed just a tiny bit suspect.
    As arnie says ( I think it was), it does a great job in tempering our expectations. I’m all for it and have just placed a £500 pound bet on Southampton to win the Premiership. It’s a spread bet starting at 90 points. Quids in. 🙂

66. arnie says:

Chas: 😀 😀 😀

67. evonne says:

Chas – I told Szczesny’s girlfriend when she was banging on about her law degree ‘look luv, never mind your education, you just make sure that Wojtek eats properly, a’right?’ Silly moo thought it was funny

I hope you suggested plenty of cabbage.
    Are you a granny yet?

70. evonne says:

no need Chas, 90% of polish diet consists of cabbage 🙂

NO!!! still no baby Gunner

71. Kgööner says:

pogba and koscielny look decent. I like this kid pogba. well rounded.

72. arnie says:

Feel a bit sorry for Kos. But he was taking a lot of chances, a bad day was going to come at some point, and this was it. Lloris was shockingly poor in the first goal. Well, what an upset! Ukraine 2-0 France.

73. arnie says:

WordPress ate my comment!!!!

74. arnie says:

no, it has reappeared.

75. arnie says:

Ronaldo saved Portugal the blushes, and England having some reality check!

How did the Germany-Italy game go?

76. arnie says:

Did not watch the England game, but heard that Wilshere was superb, about the only one who came out with a positive score

78. Wilshere was very good in a shit England team. Kozzer gave away a penalty and got sent off (different foul) for pushing over a player.

that Beijing Red account is the funniest on twitter

gm,
    It always makes me piss myself when manc supporters think he’s real. I only started following him because of one of your retweets.

80. He winds everyone up. his comebacks are brilliant. I asked if I could join the Beijing casuals and he said I had to bring own moped and hand combat skills.

My nun-chuck say no.

Oh Dear,

This Twitter bloke Beijing Red severely tests my anti-twister stance.

Brilliant.

I remember in the early days of the www, someone set up a spoof Utd Fan site. He claimed to be an American who now supported the Manchester Utd Franchise. It was hysterical, and he managed to attract endless wound-up Utd fans.

Two days of perfect surfing conditions ahead. At long last, but I’m feeling very wimpy. Got something of a cold, a massively swollen bust big toe, and only mid season wetsuit wear ie I’m going to be freezing bloody cold.

Motning,
    If France don’t qualify for the World Cup, is it good or bad for Arsenal? Or neither?

Did you like Cockie Monster’s 5.13?
    I thought it was one of the best match reviews I’ve ever read.

Tried to watch highlights of England game but fell asleep. Mainly because I’d just sat through a terrible terrible film called Killing Me Softly…..apt name for the film really.

Nice round up of the weeks events NG, really impressed you found so much to write about.

Hadn’t seen the Diaby quotes I can only hope the lad finds the magic formula, has he tried horse placenta?

Thinking about the Wilshere quotes raised by Arnie I do think he was a bit silly getting involved in the debate but I don’t think many of us disagree. There’s a difference arriving at 4/5 and arriving at 15/16 purely for football reasons.

Frimpong got a lot of criticism for his tweet about would be so much better if he was white and English, any chance that could have been aimed at Jack? Frimpong is a curious case coming to England from Ghana at a young age and being able to play for either he has selected Ghana.

Chas

Very good for Arsenal, not so good for the tournament. Let’s face it, the French can be very entertaining at World Cups 🙂

Off to find this GLIC review

Ah yes, I did read it. Mmm, I don’t think anything he does comes close to those cards you posted. Mind you, they are the best Arsenal related web stuff I’ve ever seen.

A word of advice to the expectant Grandmothers, in 5/6 days the midwifes will be planning for inducement if the baby doesn’t come naturally, I have to say inducement is the worse thing I have had to see my wife go through only for them to finish by opening her up and popping George out by C section.

I wouldn’t encourage anyone to go the inducement route. Although our midwife on the day was a bit of a dragon and suggested Mrs Exile did it without an Epidural, the doctor suggested otherwise but we trusted the midwife. Every midwife we spoke to since said Mrs Exile was mad and the one time you definitely definitely take the Epirldural was when induced.

Exile

The Swinger continues to amuse and entertain 🙂

Long Live The Swinger

Frimpong displays all the early symptons of Moronitis

Oh Yuk Exile

Way too much detail for this time of day. Info purely for the Ladies surely 🙂

Bastard Chas

There was me thinking Oooo great, a new JD track I’ve never heard”

A GIE-sized babby was always going to have to come out sideways.

Sort of understand why that was “unreleased”

Best hide that clip for some Raddyesque Musician surfaces 🙂

Off to look up who England were playing

Janman @ 7.01.I am glad no one responded to you .Strange that you continue to stalk me in a morbid sort of way, especially as you had said previously you wouldn’t correspond or mention me again
    GunnerN5 is an old friend of mine and two other people are being very supportive to me on AA.

Again as a fairly new member to AA you seem to know a lot about me and that doesn’t include personal info I had posted in the past.

You disguise your comments, and what was the point of your post.Just stirring things up again and to discredit me.
    You know fuck all about me or maybe you do.Don’t assume things when you don’t know the full facts.

No one on here who knows the real situation has the bottle to put you in your place so that’s why I am now responding

Hi Kelsey

I did see JanMan’s comment, but thought nothing of it, and was actually pleased that you were enjoying Arsenal chat wherever that may be.

I wish you all the best

Whoops, 0-2. Mind you, quite impressed that 62,000 turned up at Wembley.

101. evonne says:

Exile!!! thank you for the advice, I hope the maternal grandmother read it too. Poor, poor Mrs Exile…but all well that ends well – George made it up to both of you 🙂

No Micky, a modern father gets involved in the process, he videos the whole birth, helps with the breathing and eats placenta. My son is old school I am afraid

102. evonne says:

there were 62k at Wembley? Blimey, how did they manage to have so many people sitting silently for so long?

“Eats Placenta”

Ha ha, I don’t know whether to ROLF or Throw Up

104. evonne says:

Kelsey – top of the morning to you!! I told you before lad – what others think of you is none of your business!! Take DidIt for example – he thinks I am mad, Chas thinks I am old slapper and Raddy called me stupid. Others don’t bother replying to my comments, not to mention those who suggest I do some ironing instead of talking about subject I know eff all about. So what? I am having very good time blogging here 🙂

Come back, you are missed big time

From what I read, they occasionally amused themselves with a gentle round of Boooing

Stop shit stirring Evonne. I have never once called you bonkers 🙂

Oh, and I’m delighted your Son is old school.

107. evonne says:

you did DidIt 🙂 and I was rolfing with joy

Evonne
    I’m really struggling with your comment that some blokes video the moment of birth. Is nothing sacred?
    Guess they could stick it up on twitter, or get the lads round after a good session in the pub. The poor woman, I say.

Evonne
    Are you coming to the Everton game?

110. evonne says:

my sentiments exactly Micky. I know a guy that has a full vid of his son’s birth. He told me his sex life has been ruined by the experience; can’t say I am surprised. I was lucky, my son’s father fainted at the start so I could concentrate on delivering the 10 pounder in agony 🙂

I am not sure about Everton, why? Are you going?

111. evonne says:

I was just looking at the fixtures before New Year for us, Pool, Chavs and Shitty. We and Chavs have 3 more games than Pool, but Shitty have 11 in total!

Ok, we have Shitty, Cardiff away and Everton and Chavs at home amongst the toughest in PL.
    Pool have Everton, Hull, Spurs, Shitty and Chavs away – they will go down the table
    Chavs have Stoke and Arsenal away, Pool at home – not good for us

Shitty have easy run away and Tott, Arsenal an Pool at home – not good for us

I won’t even bother with ManU and Southampton

Evonne
    Yip, me and The Great Dane

How very dare you.
    I don’t think you are old slapper.

Micky,
    I just wanted to check you knew the 7.12 was a spoof?
    I thought it was funny. 🙂

I cannot recall using the word “stupid” in relation to evonne but if I did I beg forgiveness 😀

Video 7.12. Oh dear…..

116. evonne says:

Chas and Raddy 🙂 see if I care, much

oh, I guess I should try to get a ticket to the Everton game.

Good morning dearest Ticket Fairy, how are you? xx

117. arnie says:

Morning all.

Oh dear, what hole have I dug myself into!!!! I knew this was a touchy subject. GiE and GM: My personal views are not much different from yours, or as GiE puts it “I don’t think many of us disagree”. But this does not make this position fair.

In many ways, I think my position is more radical. I thought England’s rather public wooing of Sterling was a disgrace. It was unfair to Jamaica and its people. It caused great public disquiet in that country. So much so that the Head of State of Jamaica flew over to meet Cameron and try and sort things out. The FA played the individual freedom of choice card and got its way.

The case of Kevin Pietersen was not that much different. But, in this case, waters were more muddy because the question of race was involved. But for all practical purposes it seems that England has decided to continue wooing “foreign” players in an attempt to try and win the World Cup, maybe in 100 years time.

Fairness here is complex. It involves fairness and equal opportunity for the player, fairness for the host country, fairness to the destination country and its people, and equity across different sports. Perhaps material for a short post. But I hesitate because this can be a bit divisive. But, my position personally is not different from most of yours, perhaps more radical.

If I was Sterling, I would have chosen Jamaica.
    Just imagine going back for home games. 🙂

So much better than Wem-Ber-Lee

120. Good moaning all 😉

121. Another lovely sunny day in South Herts ….. it’s going to snow next week apparently. This baby hasn’t read the rule book and if she’s anything like her mother she’ll want to be as disruptive as possible ………….. 😉

122. It’s ok, I’ve got a post for today 🙂

123. arnie says:

Good moaning indeed, Peaches. ….. 😀 😀

124. arnie says:

Ex post, well done to England in staying above Ukraine.

Seeing these tonight, hopefully.

126. arnie says:

Have a good time, Chas. I did some live music on my travels this week, and the experience was not brilliant. Thankfully there was the Raddy-Micky travelogue to keep me going!!!!!

127. arnie says:

Ribery and co had a tough time last night. Why is it that playmakers are not that effective of late. The case of Arsenal is poignant as well. Is it that defence is getting better in Europe?

128. arnie says:

Jim White in The Telegraph, writing on the Italy-Germany game: “Had their substitutes Sven Bender and Marco Reus, when faced with a tap in in the last seconds, not got tangled up in each others’ legs in a manner not seen since Ann Widdecombe was on Strictly Come Dancing, they would have recorded their first win against the Italians since 1995.” 😀 😀

129. Hi arnie

There’s a New Post ……………..