All Good Things

This is not the first reverse we have suffered recently; losing at home to Dortmund hurt, questions immediately appeared asking if we were strong enough to handle such a defeat and yet, as everyone is aware, we did by beating last season’s Champions League finalists in their own back yard. Let’s be clear, the Germans are a better team than manu so if there is one point I want to get across today it is if we are capable of coming back from that we are capable of coming back from yesterday and the disappointment we are feeling today.

And to think, Sunday was going so well, I don’t know about you but I can’t watch three games of football back to back and I certainly wasn’t going to ruin Sunday lunch by watching Tottenham who I expected to win; so, I avoided that until it came time to digest my food and I thought I will just have a little look – excellent, one down with fifteen minutes to go, come on you Bar Codes; perfect, Newcastle saw the game out and spuds looked poor.

Hmmmm, this day is going well. Same situation with City who once again I expected to win, so I saw no reason to ruin a good afternoon nap by watching that, until I woke up and again couldn’t resist a look: one down, fifteen minutes to go, this was up and pacing in front of the telly time. Incredible, Sunderland heroically saw the game out. That was two ducks in a line; surely the third would fly in and take up its place?

No it wouldn’t, we lost and no matter how much schadenfreude I try and glean from those other two losses it still hurts. How could this happen? Well it all started after I sat back down on my sofa ready for the proper game to start when the Sky presenter announced that there would be a short interview from each manger. Great I thought, a rallying cry from Arsene is just what the doctor ordered. Wrong, the doctor had announced that a bug had gone round the team forcing Mertesacker and Rosicky to have to return home. This was not what I wanted to hear.

The loss of the BFG was going to be obvious although in the end it is debatable how much we really missed him but it was the lack of punch, in the form of fast jabs that Rosicky brings to the table that was missing more than anything else especially after we went behind.

The game, the game, you all saw it and I am curious to read your thoughts in comments. As for me: it was never going to be easy at the best of times but the loss of these two players tipped the balance. The only way we were going to get back into that game was with a stroke of luck and that simply did not happen.

We now go into the international break after which we should have all our troops back for the Christmas push. We can still do this, keep the faith.

Written by LB

122 Responses to All Good Things

The perfect summary of a day to forget, LB. Thanks.

Mertesacker does take that position when we are zonally defending corner, so him playing may have stopped the goal.

It did come off bsr’s shoulder as below shows, so it was world class spawn, not striking.
    Not that I’m bitter with the footballing gods at all. 🙂

2. arnie says:

Morning, AAers.

LB: Lovely sombre post-match after a somewhat disappointing game, and before an even more disappointing international break. For me, the outcome was a bit sad, but that I can take. But two things that made me feel unhappy. First the van Judas celebration. Second, I wonder why there are some oppositions against which our skilful midfielders somehow freeze.

Against Dortmund at home, it was their hard working defence, three players surrounding the ball all the time. The moment it leaves the feet of any of our good guys even slightly, it was taken away.

Yesterday, it was more of zonal defence, I think, blocking off areas to pass, except backwards.

In these situations, a more direct approach like what Wilshere and Gnabry.offer, seems to work better. It is not a problem so far, and here I disagree somewhat with LB: “We can still do this, keep the faith.”

We are top of the league, and we will do it. It is only that we are always trying to improve even if we are top of both leagues, and this will ultimately make us one of the best ever football teams that this generation has ever seen. 😀 😀

The other thing about the marking from the corner was that I was surprised Rambo moved forward from the position bsr ‘shouldered’ the ball. Almost as if he was getting out of the way of the next defender behind him.
    If he’d stayed where he was, the least he would have done was get in bsr’s way when he jumped.

The photo does show that two mancs were in that gap where the ball was delivered.
    Presumably with zonal marking that shouldn’t happen. Or maybe it was just a BFG sized gap.

4. mikesteeden says:

It is amazing we’ve got this far with so many top players unavailable. With that, plus the ‘bug’ on the day the result at Old Trafford comes as no surprise. I see it as a hiccup – nothing more!

5. Norfolk Gooner says:

Good morning AAers, Well done LB a very sensible post match post.

I’m sure we are all hurting a bit this morning, but things could have been worse. As LB points out most of our rivals, as well as Spurs, dropped points so it wasn’t all bad news at the weekend.

A glance at Sunday’s game stats offers a slightly optimistic perspective on the defeat. Shots on target were equal, two each. We had eight off target to their three, we had more corners, we committed less fouls and had more possession sixty percent to forty.

A single moment’s inattention cost us a goal and with a little luck we might have scored.

“as well as Spurs” 🙂

Thanks for the update on the swingometer, GIE and Rasp.
    It really is a thing of beauty.
    Villa will be gutted when they equal the PL points record and still only finish 8 points behind the champions. 😆

8. JM says:

Winter (season) is coming, the strong and smart shall persevere.

Arsenal (Arsene Wenger and the team) has 2 significant mental blocks in the PL:

Manchester United (the team, not the manager) and Jose Mourinho (the manager, not his Chelsea team).

Overcome them psychologically, and we will do well in the PL this season and beyond.

Keep writing us off.

10. Räsp says:

Thanks LB, I agree the luck wasn’t with us, and it would be against those scumbags. BSR is dead to me and Golum is about as big a liar as Moaninho – he decided not to buy Ozil …. as if?

Our players looked jaded, I just hope they get some rest during the international break because we will have to play better than yesterday if we are going to get a result against Southampton.

Yesterday was not our day, we’re still top of the league – our 7th week in that position, everything to play for.

Incidentally, I predict that we will win the FA cup this year – you heard it here first 😛

11. 26may1989 says:

Morning everyone.

Thanks for the post, LB.

Disappointing to lose yesterday, of course, but it does go to show there are limits: our very good squad was already depleted by injuries, then there was the 24-hour post-CL recovery advantage Man U over us, and the final insult was Spurs-like illness hitting the squad. It was just too much for us to cope with. “If only” is a very easy game to play, but I do think having the BFG, Walcott, Rosicky, the Ox and Podolski available would have made a big difference.

Take nothing away from Man U, they played with energy and concentration to make up for their technical limitations, and they deserved their win. We had a good few openings in the second half, and I thought the period when Wilshere came on was the deciding factor: he lifted the passing and movement, but we needed to score in the 10-15 minute period after he came on. After that, as is often the way, it was just all too desperate, and for the most part we were easier to contain.

My ratings:

Ozil: 5
    Cazorla: 6
    Giroud: 7

Wilshere: 8
    Bendtner: 5
    Gnabry: 7

As for RvP’s celebration, to be honest, I would have been more pissed off with the now corny non-celebration of a former player. I prefer the honesty of a player celebrating an important goal against respected opponents, whatever clubs appear on his CV. If he needed to show some respect, he did that last year. I do wish the bugger would stop scoring against us, though.

Yesterday was a very important result: United are definitely back in the mix, and our period of everyone getting excited about us is over. Hopefully, our players will get a chance to recover over the international break and then we can build again. The next five fixtures are: Southampton, Marseille, Cardiff, Hull and Everton. That gives us enough opportunities to get some momentum going again before we hit a triple header of Napoli, City and Chelsea.

Nice on LB

I am not disappointed, far from it.

We will bounce back and go on to win this league.

As for Utd, we will turn them over at the Grove.

Rasp & Peaches, I have emailed a post to arsenalnuts.

13. We have a good midfielder but we lack a good striker..though Giroud is try his best but Olivier is not a sharp striker. We need a complt striker. Up Gunners!!!

LB

I know you write excellent “typical match reports”, you know X passed the ball to Y and so on, but as you so rightly say “you all saw it”, so I actually these more personal “feelings”.

Love it, thank you.

“As for RvP’s celebration, to be honest, I would have been more pissed off with the now corny non-celebration of a former player. I prefer the honesty of a player celebrating an important goal….”

Couldn’t agree more.

Olayiwola

I think of Giroud as a Forward rather than a Striker.

Don’t know if that works or not really 🙂

17. Thanks for the post LB

We were well below our best. Ozil and Mert have been told they can’t fly because of the flu.

We had Theo, Poldi, Rosicky, Mert and the OX missing
    We played a massive game on Wednesday
    There was flu (apparently they had jabs a few days ago) in our squad

We still only lost to a corner.

I think Swansea, West Brom, Liverpool and even Palace played better than the mancs did yesterday but a lot of writers are already saying they’ll be champions. I don’t think they’ll be top 3.

I’m also pleased there is an International break. We need some wide players. We’d tear them a new one with a fit squad.

LB. Very enjoyable, especially the hours we spent with you pre-kick-off !

GM. Agree completely. I have no doubt that the ability to bring on Podolski or Theo as sub instead of NB would have propelled the team to at least a draw.

Now I have a bit more time to comment, I must say I am really excited on how this team is developing.

The potential within the squad is massive, the best ive ever seen

Even in its embryonic stages it will probably win the league, so imagine what it will be like in a couple of years.

A lot of Utd fans wont realise this, but yesterday was more a victory for us than them.

3 points for them. Champions elect and future dominant force us.

20. Are you confident of winning the league this season Terry?

21. jnyc says:

All of the top teams lost to weaker teams this weekend. ( chelsea really did lose – but were given a draw )
    we were just another example.
    the best is yet to come from us. Its early.

Definitely GM

We have more quality than all the others, though I concede we lack certain elements of experience and a bit of belief

This failings might be our undoing this year but going forward we will be unstoppable.

Saying all that, I have a feeling we will exceed expectations and nick the title this season.

23. Shard says:

I had plenty to say about the game yesterday, so don’t really want to repeat myself, but I am still surprised by how well I am taking this defeat. A little frustrated at the outcome, but generally pleased about the performance. And this is with a pretty much horrible first half. We all know the extent of our injuries, our schedule etc. That isn’t an excuse, but if we can more than match ManU with all of that going against us, surely we are better than them. And we are still going to get better. Through players coming back from injury, through natural progression of the team, and even from the transfer market.

Also, the wider online reaction to the defeat has been much better than I expected. Which is encouraging in itself.

24. Shard says:

gm and Terry

I would be very confident of winning the title this season, if I had any faith in the fairness of referees. I don’t, so I won’t say we’ll win it. But we are good enough.

Neat summary LB

I’m disappointed to have lost to them and particularly with HIM having scored.

But I’m not in the least bit downhearted about our prospects for the season.

I’m never one for excuses, but I think you’d have to be a mighty optimistic Manc to say, hand on heart, that Utd are a better team or squad than Arsenal, given not only the performance, but clearly that Arsenal were probably more than just Mert and Rosicky down with flu jab side effects.

27. evönne says:

LB- thank you for this positive and humorous post. I cannot believe you take afternoon naps!!! I thought I was the only culprit 🙂 Had the same reaction when i finally got up to watch the rest of the Shitty game, it was nice.

Never mind Sunday, we lost the game, not a tragedy..it would have been nice to win at Manchester, but that’s yet to come, if not next year, then the year after. Given all other results (minus Manyoo and Pool), we are still the strongest contenders for the title.

The international break is inconvenient, coz we cannot bounce back immediately, but 2 weeks will be good for the team to regroup.

Ooo, here’s a thought.

Do flu jab side effects rule you out of playing football for your country?

The way I see things, the entire squad are suffering 🙂

29. Micky
    There are reports that most of our players are suffering.

I think we could win the league this year but I’m not going to get carried away yet

Obviously it is never very nice to lose and more especially to a club such as Manure.

Anyway a headline caught my eye today and I visited another blog to read more.

It turned out there was a large slice of negativity and so my comment tried to show it was unnecessary to see this one loss as a season defining blow, tho it might have been for the Mancs – hence their jubilation at the win – but one blogger took great exception to this and I am here to tell you that I was severely trounced.

You see, my dad was right when he told me it was pointless arguing with an idiot because he would drag you down to his level and beat you with his wealth of experience. 🙂

31. Hi evonne
    I think the break has come at a good time. We need time to get Poldi and Theo back

Ah Haaa

Just seen this piece of excellent news posted earlier by GM

“Ozil and Mert have been told they can’t fly because of the flu”

Well, I heard Rosicky, Arteta and Santi were suffering, and surely the rest of the squad are but a few short moments from being ruled out of flying.

There are pregnant people, the weak, and the elderly who fly. How wrong would it be to expose them to potentially fatal flu while in their vulnerable state?

An enjoyable and well written Post, LB.

RA

Ha ha, experience is everything 🙂

Sadly, Micky person, it falls to me, with a certain amount of trepidation it must be said, to disagree with you and the admirable 26 – who is owed £10 – on the issue of whether or not BSR’s celebration was redolent of tacky populism, by playing to the gallery of Manc fans and killing any residual affection some Arsenal fans may still have had for him.

It is my opinion that his show of testosterone fuelled chest thumping was excessive, unpleasant and unwelcome.
    Yes by all means celebrate with your team mates and acknowledge the accolade of the fans, but an eye bulging, vein bursting, badge patting dervish dance around the pitch was totally manic.

I do not recall him behaving in that way after scoring for us – and I would not want it.

Naturally, I concede that you and 26 are much nicer than me, which may explain our differing perspectives. 🙂

36. Räsp says:

Going back to yesterday’s news, does anyone have any theories as to the identity of the striker IG was alluding to as a possible January acquisition?

37. I think he wanted to give rooney a good seeing to the way he jumped on top of him. I’m glad he did it. It shows what a liar he is. We are so much better off without him.

GM

The only right and proper thing to do under these circs, would be to isolate the infected. Perhaps hire a jet and dispatch them off to a remote Pacific Island for the accepted recouperation period (two weeks I believe is the usual medical suggestion) and hope for the best.

39. Hi Rasp
    Was that quote real? I read on twitter that it was fake. Did he actually say it?

40. Räsp says:

I’m with you Redders, BSR acted like adebarndoor when he scored against us. Jubilation is possible with dignity, what he displayed was a large portion of ‘up yours Arsenal’

41. Räsp says:

Hi gm, oh, now you’ve made me think. Actually, it is almost certainly a hoax, IG is unlikely to advertise our intentions in that way …. doh, I’ve been suckered again. The art of the trickster is to offer the gullible something they want to believe 🙄

Oh RA

It was a massive, massive win for the poor dears, what may well prove to be the highlight of their season. Let the git enjoy his moment in the sun 🙂

Also, I’m pretty sure some of our fans whisper really quite nasty things to him when he visits The Ems.

43. I agree micky. 2 weeks. They should have some training facilities there just in case

44. Shard says:

But Rasp, he already did that with the statement and the manner of his departure. Plus his behaviour since. Would his crimes be any less if he didn’t celebrate in that fashion? I think it wouldn’t be a sign of respect, just another image conscious facade. So, I have zero problem with him acting like that. Was it nice? No. Do I care? No. He’s already shown us many times over how he really feels

Although, I suspect it’s only how he wants to feel. This bravado is not real. He knows he did wrong. This is just a cover. Probably for fooling himself as much as anyone else. If not, he would have no need to say ‘up yours’ to Arsenal and make a show of it every time. He’d just move on.

RA

Looks like it’s me and 26 up against you and Rasp.

A World Fish Guru and a Globetrotting Gigolo up against a Barrister and a qualified Sea Lion Trainer.

See you in court, I say 🙂

Does anyone really know the exact nature of the lurgy afflicting our lads?

I have read that it is a flu bug or a tummy upset or perhaps a touch of Mancunian clap.

Actually I think I might pass on the specifics, and just let the fans imaginations dictate what it is.

Personally I thing it is a little outbreak of Wengeritis defined as a Fergie-like aversion to international football.

47. RA
    They were given flu jabs and it’s a reaction to that. That’s what is on Twitter, not confirmed by the club

Arsene always referred to them as “International Football Weeks”. Ferguson: “Hols”

I have no bitterness towards Van Persie

He wanted to do it with Arsenal but was a man out of time. Unfortunately for him and a few others he was part of a squad that played through the transitional period of the move from Highbury.

Van Persies biological clock was ticking, he will soon be entering the twilight of his career. He could no longer wait for us, and I can understand his feeling.

He will win a few medals at Utd, But the chest thumping was the dawning of a horrible realisation. His true Love, Arsenal, is back, and on the rise.

Micky I did not know the Rasper was a globe trotting gigolo!

He has always struck me as a very racy type, and for an innocent like me I can barely bring myself to type the word,

Or was that a mis-type of the name of the famous Italian baritone Gigli? Yes, I can see Rasp as a bass perhaps, which brings us nicely back to a fishy conclusion! 🙂

The list of fishy analogies is endless 🙂

Resist!

Terry, God forbid he ever feels the need to join the thirsty goats in your pants.

Your final sentence has the ring of prophecy to it – “He will finish his career at Utd watching us win the League, make no mistake about that.”

On this ROLFING note “thirsty goats in your pants”

I must go 🙂

Got to go and put my chaps on, and you can rest easy, they are leathery things you put on your legs when out riding.

Totally unnecessary as I have yet to see even the tiniest bit of mesquite or cactus, perhaps because it does not grow around here – but a handsome cowpoke would not be seen without them – and what is good enough for the handsome ones is good enough for me. 🙂

Hasta la vista amigos,

Afternoon all and well done with the post LB. I am a bit late on here today and have not had time to read others comments so my apologies if I repeat naything already mentioned.

I was obviously disappointed but at the same time I took great positives from it. Overall we easily deserved a draw and should have got it. On the balance of 90 minutes I think we actually looked slightly the better side. For it to be this way when playing them at OT, and while carrying way more injuries than them, and with a sickness bug going through the squad, can only be positive. By rights with all those combined factors they should have been looking to a more comfortable victory and the way they reacted at the end was more the way an underdog does when they have just pipped the big boys. Does this indicate a change in the mentality at OT?

The only thing that really annoyed me was the 3 minutes of added time and that he actually blew at 3mins and 6 seconds. There is just something so wrong when it comes to refereeing and Manchester Utd.

I still think we have a slight imbalance in our side currently but as Peaches will no doubt be nagging for posts in the international period I probably should thrash it out in a post.

Fair play to AW for stating that we can’t hide behind the excuse of a Virus.

Could it have been a little jibe at our neighbour’s complaints following lasagne-gate?

It must be so …… 😀

Raddy

It depends on how Arsene said the word “virus”. Was it sensibly matter-of-fact, or was it “viiiiruus” as with people using their “in inverted commas” fingers style ahead of the internationals?

Nudge nudge, wink wink

58. JanMan says:

Germany’s Nr. 1 Sports Magazine reporting that the BFG is most likely to miss the two Internationals between Italy and England due to a Flu like virus.

I tried to pick a tittle that would attract the least outside traffic, I think it worked, on certain days a little privacy is needed.

60. evönne says:

janman – at least 2 games?? sounds like a man-flu to me, poor Per

GM – yes, providing that more of our players don’t get injured playing for their countries. That twat from Holland always had something or other wrong with him after internationals

61. arnie says:

LB: Fantastic, what a great idea about the title!!!! Genius!!! 😀 😀 Rest assured, we are all enjoying the privacy.

62. arnie says:

Evonne: The “something or other wrong with him” was that he was caught in compromising positions and forced to leave his significant organs back in Holland. 😀

LB

If you want even more privacy, then install two snipers on the roof 🙂

With some of my posts, I even switch the lights off and lock the doors.

Actually LB, I don’t think you’ve done a very good job. We’re at about 70 comments already on Death Monday, the evening is young, we’re all happy, and the idiotic Motning Crew can usually be relied upon to add 20 more.

66. arnie says:

shhh, I can hear the woodworms shifting…..

As I recall it was only 26 who thought we would be top in November.

I am delighted with our season so far.

Micky

I wasn’t trying to reduce the amount of comments, I was just trying to keep it in the family today, so to speak.

This was a RedAction tweet last night.
    I know GM saw it, I was wondering what everybody else thought?

70. evönne says:

Le Boss wrote to me:

Dear Arsenal supporter,

It was disappointing to lose Sunday’s game in the manner we did because we paid the price for being too tentative and nervous in the first half.

We didn’t play our normal game and that was a pity because I felt that Man United were nervous too, a bit insecure, and we gave them some comfort by making a mistake for the goal.

We controlled the second half while United played on the counter-attack but we couldn’t quite find an equaliser. It was a matter of inches at times, especially when Bacary Sagna’s crosses went across the box.

Overall it’s disappointing to lose the game like that because I think we had the opportunity to get a draw at least.

Some of the players have been unwell but we can’t use that as an excuse. Maybe we lacked something physically but more importantly we lacked a little bit of quality in our final ball.

It’s hard to say whether our recent record at Old Trafford was a factor. But it was a tight game, it could have gone either way and it was decided by a set-piece rather than a goal in open play. We can take heart from our response in the second half.

We go into another international break now and I have to say it is not welcome because when you lose a game like Sunday’s you want to play again straight away.

We have some players who play massive games under massive pressure in the next week or so and some of them will not come back refreshed. Indeed, we have a number of France internationals who play Ukraine in a World Cup play-off – they will be tired after those two games.

Our next game is against Southampton and they have been one of the surprises of the season so far. They have three international players in the England squad and I don’t think Luke Shaw or Nathaniel Clyne are too far away either.

Some people are questioning the quality of the Premier League but I think the whole quality has gone up. What we have learnt again on Sunday is that everybody can beat everybody. Sunderland beat Manchester City and that shows you how much excitement you will have until the end of the season.

Thanks for your support.

Arsene Wenger’s signature

You modest thing, Evonne.

The letter actually began, Dear Evonne 🙂

Chas,
    Should we save publishing our thoughts until after 9pm?

My response will be along the lines of:
    “I wish Mesut Ozil would drive you INTO the fucking wall”

After the watershed. 🙂

Apologies for my non-attendance this motning. My sleep patterns are all over the place thanks to a week’s debauchery. I was awake from 2am to 4.30am then finally got back to sleep, hence missing some idiotic Motning Crew highjinks.

Tomorrow I have to leave the house at 6.45, so am setting the alarm for 5.30.

I suggested he post from a personal account because I wanted to ‘unfollow’ him but couldn’t in case some proper RedAction news was announced.
    GM tweeted that he just had ‘unfollowed’ him/her/it.

76. evönne says:

Micky 🙂 I wish! But I know a girl who received a letter from Mr Wenger starting with ‘Dear xx’

The letter actually began and continued,
    Motning Evonne,
    I am an avid reader of the Arsenal Arsenal blog and loved the episode where you lost the ‘r’ from your keyboard.
    Punching the pregnant lezzer’s husband was another of my all-time favourites.
    Yours devotedly, Arsene.

Spot the cat………

79. evönne says:

stop Chas, I cannot laugh, had my belly reduced and it hurts 🙂

‘had my belly reduced’
    You ain’t got no belly.

Ok, cheers, laters.

82. evönne says:

no, not any more I don’t 🙂
    how would you know anyway? was it when we were discussing that Arteta corner kick?

Evening all, a well considered summing up of yesterday’s events LB and chapeau for avoiding a deluge of negativity from some quarters.

Like others I think there was enough in our performance flu or not to be positive about. The biggest being we didn’t roll over for our tummy tickle after their goal.

My thoughts on BSR celebration was that he was desperate to justify his decision, he knows in his heart that a year of patience could have seen him lifting the title for us, and some will say why should he have given us another year of two of patience, and those of us that remember him pre 2011-12 will say because we gave him 8 years of patience whilst we waited for him to complete a season uninjured.

I assume the flu jabs were post a couple of players getting unwell and not the cause of the outbreak, as I understand it they do not use the “live” flu vaccination anymore on NHS so one assumes the same applies to PL footballers.

Regarding RedActions comments about Özil I would say it is out of character but also very harsh on the lad. Perhaps more than anything it shows what we have in the squad already if a player of Özil’s calibre arrives and is not the stand out performer week in week out. And yes he hasn’t really adapted to the PL pace yet, but he has shown plenty that any football fan with half a football brain cannot surely see anything less than quality in that lads boots. He is a subtle player.

Watch the goalie

Man overboard!

Motning, Micky.

Motning Chas

Love the goalie vid. Is that Bac’s Lady friend?

Agree about one of the all time AA highlights being Evonne losing the R on keypad. Did it replace the R or just omit, can’t quite emembe 🙂

I can’t emembe which letter it was eally.
    It was only ‘motning’ that pointed me towads a missing ‘ ‘

Aye, that’s Bacary’s squeeze.

Pethaps it was using a ‘t’ instead of an ‘ ‘?

Sorry, got lost. Went to get a surf vid and stayed!

My local beach

As fat as the TedAction comment goes, doesn’t he temembet that Bobby Pites took a whole season to settle into English football and Thietty Henty couldn’t hit a batndoot for sevetal months?

Tight, must go, am on chicken pox duty.

Must watch when I tetutn.

Ha ha,

What the heck is chicken pox duty?

Morning All

What is this nonsense about Ozil. He makes goals, that is his job and he does it very well. Check out the cross to OG prior to Ramsey’s goal in Dortmund. Superb.

Yes, what is chicken pox duty? Is it a type of taxation?

Morning

Firstly the important stuff, did you notice how big the cat’s eyes are in Chas’ 8.31?

Moving swiftly from the sublime to the ridiculous, is there anything that can be copied and pasted so we can all read these “criticisms” of Ozil?

Taxation
    ROLF

LB First thing I noticed 🙂

LB

I could pen an Ozil Celebration Day.

I’m sure there will be blog gaps over the next week or so.

Plus, a post like that would flush out the Ozil Doubters, and we could spend the day bullying them 🙂

102. evönne says:

dear missionaries, what do you care what others think of Awesome Ozil? You cannot change the way some minds work.

After each game that we won, Charlie at the allotment says ‘Good result, BUT….’ Good bye Charlie, keep walking Evonne.

Greek George, a complete tube recons that Theo is rubbish and Wenger bought Ozil becasue of the pressure from the plastic supporters.

John with the petition to sack Wenger still thinks that there are much better managers for AW’s position.

And that is just a few I still bother talking to; mind you when I can I hide behind trees to avoid them 🙂

103. evönne says:

I cannot remember which letters were missing when Bambi scoffed half the keybord, bastardly dog!

evonne. A reduced belly And an allotment! You lucky girl.

Micky 7.59 Bullying is too good for them. The ingrates should be put to the sword

I’m curious to know what it is that they have found to criticise him?

He’s a crap goalie, LB.

107. Räsp says:

The problem with Ozil is that he makes the game look so easy that idiots assume he’s not putting in the effort.

There’s a lot of talk of a purchase of a striker in January and I just happen to have a post on this subject from GoonerB sitting in my cupboard ………… I was thinking of using that today, any objections?

Oh, and his tapestry technique rubbish 🙂

Push the button, Peaches 🙂

111. Micky and Raddy – I thought to use your Dortmund travelogue on Thursday as a sweet reminder 😉

Blimey, completely forgot about those. Could be past their sell by date.

113. It’s a classic, it’ll never be past it’s sell by date 😀

114. evönne says:

oi Peaches, why are you moderating my comment 🙂 must be the black cat

115. Sorry evonne, it wasn’t me, I’ll have a look for it …….

116. evönne says:

Raddy 🙂 and 3 black dogs, and 1 black cat, and 2 beehives, and a fabulous team I support. Not bad, not bad at all.

Tracey Neville was on the BBC news this morning. Nice woman, great athlete; you would know she is gorgeous Gary’s sister, very similar

117. I have no idea why that happened.

118. There’s a New Post ………………