Arsenal goals of my years

I was going to write a post on my top 5 I was there goals, but realised I would miss too many goals from more recent times when I have attended nowhere near as much as I did in my youth. So instead I have picked the top 5 goals of my youth (that I was there for) goals that came at an important time of my Arsenal supporting life, aged 15-18 I had just graduated from standing in the Junior Gunners section to standing on the North Bank and there feeling the elation of every goal with so much more force.

The goals I have picked were moments that I have never forgotten from that era, pieces of outrageous skill, or importance…..moments that all football fans live for. Also serves as a reminder that not all Graham’s football was boring defensive and long, we had some exciting attackers to watch even when we were apparently awful to watch.

5. Steve Morrow v Sheffield Wednesday (1992)

The first unlikely hero of the season, Morrow broke into the box and scored the scrappy winner in the League Cup.

4: Anders Limpar v Liverpool (1992)

This game lives long in the memory, yes we had won the League at Anfield, yes Liverpool were not the side they once were, but they were still Liverpool, and beating them 4-0 didn’t happen that regularly.

But I can’t remember the other 3 goals, all I can remember is Anders Limpar’s outrageous lob of Mike Hooper from the centre circle, pre jumbotron, pre mass media, this goal still sticks in the memory, sheer brilliance.

3. Andy Linnighan v Sheffield Wednesday 1993

The first and only time I have been there to see Arsenal lift an FA Cup, the unfancied centre back who had had his nose rearranged by Mark Bright’s elbow rose to head home the winner deep in stoppage time.

2. Paul Merson v Sheffield Wednesday 1991

A beautiful chip, he’d been doing it quite a bit that season, I seem to remember one against Norwich too, this one came in a 7 goal drubbing of Sheffield Wednesday at Highbury.

1. Ian Wright v Everton 1993

The goal that summed Wrighty up, he will always be my favourite Arsenal striker, it’s the way he played the game, the enthusiasm in every touch, the joy with which he celebrated every goal, he just lived to score goals, and he scored some beauties in his time.

The goal itself a lovely assist from Seaman, Wrights first touch takes it over the defender, his second takes it back over the same man, his third lifts it over Big Nev. from memory the North Bank sang Ian Wright Wright Wright for a good five minutes after that goal.

Gooner in Exile

115 Responses to Arsenal goals of my years

1. FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST! FIRST!

2. The picture’s not very good on Ian Wright’s goal.
    Can you do it again?

Thanking you in advance, Big Al

3. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

Give that ‘First’ bloke a beer. He comes out of the boxes like a greyhound πŸ™‚

GiE, great goals. Memories are what its all about. Cheers

4. Afternoon PPP
    Blimey… is that the time?

And yes, very true, memories are what it’s all about.
    In fact, unless my memory isn’t all it should be, I seem to recall the last time I ‘spoke’ to you was when you said you’d be happy with a point at West Brom…
    Hope you’re happy with the extra two πŸ™‚

5. Prince-Purrfect-Poldi says:

G’day Big Al, πŸ™‚

It’s always that time! πŸ˜‰

I got quite nervous before the West Brom game, especially after it had been pointed out that only 4 away teams came away with the full 3 points. Its unlike me to lower my expectations, but realising that this Arsenal team seems to be in perpetual transition and that ‘anything can happen’ especially with Theo and Jack out of that game, i was happy with a draw before kick-off.

So, am i happy with the extra two? Mate, i was up with the stars and over the moon after that game. Of course, the last 20min was nothing but torture.

How is Thailand?

6. G’day again, PPP
    Thailand? No probs mate!

Those ‘extra’ 2 points will possibly (probably?) be the difference at the end of the season re Top Four.

As far as I’m concerned, when we play ‘lesser’ teams, with only seven “Cup Finals” to play, we should be looking at 3 points every game, whether home or away.

And when people on this site (and other sites) suggest that “the game on Saturday is a tough one”, then they can run for cover. And fast!
    It’s been already implied too many times this season when we were to play the like of Stoke, Sunderland, and – “ahem” – West Brom.
    I swear that if we were to be drawn against Hackney Harriers at home in the FA Cup there’d be some dipstick on this site saying “we’d better be on our guard lads, their striker’s got two goals in 20 games this year, and an assist too!”

The only reason we fail against ‘lesser’ teams is (almost always) due not to the perceived excellence of the ‘lesser’ opposition, but simply due to our own shortcomings. If we play our ‘normal’ game, in a professional and confident manner then we should beat all remaining opponents, bar two.
    Unless, that is, I haven’t grasped the meaning of “lesser”.

Regarding “bar two”: Everton and Man Utd (both at home) are good sides and United especially cannot be considered by anyone even with half a brain as ‘lesser’.

So, PPP, how do you fancy our chances at home to Norwich πŸ™‚ ?

7. GIE
    Good post. Hope you didn’t crash the car whilst doing it.

Ian Wright?
    See Rasp’s video… for all those who think Henry was the best striker, was he?
    Was Wright a better ‘all-round’ striker?
    Check out the ‘Headers’ section at 7.18, and ask yourself “How many headers did Henry score?”.

And note…
    Wright : 5’9″
    Henry : 6’2″

Height STAT alert! Height STAT alert! Height STAT alert!

8. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning all, I think Henry vs Wright is tough, Wrights goal tally would have been much higher had more of his time been spent playing for Arsene, than George…I’m talking about George’s dark days not his early attacking days (some of which are evidenced above)

Wow GiE
    I needed this post today. A real tonic. Thank you.
    Ian Wright tops my list of players I would walk many miles to watch by a great distance.
    Damn I loved that man.
    I do forget the buzz I used to feel on the way to the ground knowing he was playing.

Of course TH was brilliant but he was a stroppy git at times and will never come close to IW for me, emotionally speaking

11. When looking at Rasp’s video one thing especially stands out big time – Wright had a great first touch.

All Gervinho fans take note.

As for the finishing, all Gervinho fans on the count of three… one… two… three…
    …”CRINGE”…

What I would give for a Wright clone right now.

12. Walcott has said in an interview to some bird that he’s fit to play against Norwich.

13. Best “I was there” goal for me was the Tony Adams volley against everton when we clinched the title at home……
    I was in North Bank Upper and i did not feel safe i could have sworn it was going to collapse.

Well bowled, GIE.

Best ‘I was there’ for me was Brady 1978, though for hair standing up on the back of the neck-ness, it would be Sunderland’s winner in 1979.

Very nice GiE. We have somthing in common, apart from been very good looking. I was at all those games to. My favourite out of them was Linighans. Something very special about winning the FA Cup.

Though i am with chas on my best ever, Brady 1978. I was only 13 ar the time and the atmosphere in the Park Lane that day was something i had never experienced before or since at a football match. For want of a better word, it was “orgasmic”. hahaha

Nice one GiE

My top five “I was there” goals (in no particular order):

Tony Adams v Everton at Highbury in the last game of the 1997-98 season. Because we were champions. Because it was Tony.

Alan Sunderland’s winner in the 1979 FA Cup Final. After coasting at 2-0 and being hauled back by two ManUre goals in two minutes (86th and 88th) it was almost too much to bear when old fuzzy hair slotted in the clincher in the 89th.

Sylvain Wiltord’s winner at Old Toilet in 2002. Because it confirmed the title and because we did it at their place.

Thierry Henry’s volley against ManUre at Highbury in 2000. I was in the Upper East and TH14 was right down below me when he did it. Brilliant.

Cesc scoring our second against the Spuds (at the Ems in 2007) straight from the re-start after we had just scored our first. Great solo goal. Great Cesc. And because it was against the Spuds.

17. Not one mention yet for Kennedy’s goal at Spurs 1971, or Charlie George’s Cup Final winner 5 days later to clinch the double?

Youngsters…

18. Sorry chaps… just realised partial ‘mistake’ on my part – “you had to be there”.
    Daft me.

“I was there” actually for the two I just mentioned (lucky me), but not at some of the others mentioned (lucky you, not so lucky me).

I’ll go and watch the telly shall I ?

Al
    Both great goals but sadly I wasn’t “in person” for either. Although I’m pretty sure some of the other regulars were and may well weigh in later.

I thought about Charlie Nicholas’s goals v Liverpool to win the League Cup in ’87. It was the first trophy under GG and really provided the base for the league titles to follow. It was a great day out, but they were both fairly scrappy goals.

20. Red Arse says:

Have you seen that the EPL FFP rules have been agreed by the Premier League.

This is separate from the UEFA FFP but does not contradict it.

The plans promise two significant controls: To limit players’ wage bills from next season and longer-term measures that will restrict the amount of losses clubs can make to Β£105million over three years.

Clubs whose total wage bill is more than Β£52million will only be allowed to increase their wages by Β£4million per season for the next three years, but the cap does not cover extra money coming in from increases in commercial or matchday income.

The ceiling when the wage increase restrictions kick in will be Β£52million next season, Β£56miliion the following year and Β£60million in 2015-16. Only seven of the current top-flight clubs would be under that ceiling at the moment.

The regulations have come about against the backdrop of UEFA’s Financial Fair Play (FFP) initiative.

Under UEFA’s new rules clubs are being forced to minimise losses or risk the possibility of exclusion from European competition from 2014/15.

Should Premier League clubs break their proposed new rules, chief executive Richard Scudamore has already confirmed that they will face a points deduction.

21. Red Arse says:

In addition, earlier today, the Premier League agreed to introduce the touchline technology by this August, and have awarded the contract to Hawk Eye, the same company that does the WTA Tennis and Rugby systems.

22. Hi Red Arse
    “Richard Scudamore has already confirmed that they will face a points deduction.”

Did he mention the EXACT amount of points that Chelsea and Man City will be deducted, or is that yet to be determined? πŸ™‚

23. Hi Rocky
    You couldn’t have been much more than a sperm cell when you were at Wembley in ’79, or are you cheating?

24. No-one at Anfield when Michael Thomas did what thousands thought well beyond us?

25. Red Arse says:

Hi big Al, πŸ™‚

They will be exempt, because in the teeny weeny, ipsy wippsy fine print, there is a clause permitting dodgy – I mean commercial – sponsorship by Russian Oligarchs and Arab nations to match any huge overspend on players or their wages. Very cunning!

By the way, I love your cunning style too — saying you would swear some dipstick would be on AA today saying β€œwe’d better be on our guard lads, their striker’s got two goals in 20 games this year, and an assist too!”

Kind of self perpetrating truism proving your own point, I guess, Big ‘Dipstick’ Al. πŸ˜€

Al
    I wish πŸ™‚

I was at that Final with a ManUre supporting mate from Ireland. he even got me the ticket πŸ™‚

Redders
    My brain is too tiny to really understand all this FFP stuff, but it seems to me that a lot hinges on whether they clamp down on massive “sponsorships” that have been lined up by the owners at above the market rate (like the naming rights at Citeh).

Trouble is, who’s to say what the “market rate” is?

Rasp
    A modest (and hasty) offering in drafts.

29. Gooner In Exile says:

RA you seem to be across the FFP rules as implemented by the PL, I understand us with Spuds, Liverpool, United and even Chelsea were key in establishing them (although I may be wrong on Chelsea).

But I must admit to not getting it…it seems far muddier than the relative clear waters of UEFAs FFP which is a straight forward calculation of football incomes vs expenses.

I guess the part I don’t get us that a PL club can lose Β£105m over three years, but also has a wage cap of Β£52m, why do they need both? And when they say that the wage bill can be increased by ticket and merchandise revenues are they basically saying as long as your incomes are more than wages it’s ok, no matter how much other stuff you spend on (electricity for example) as long as your excess costs are less than Β£35m a year?

Is Β£52m the TV revenue guaranteed?

Ok that’s enough questions, rather than answer you could do a post πŸ˜€

30. Red Arse says:

GIE,

The full details of the deal have not yet been released, altho the Sunday Times published an article regarding the row between the ‘wants’ and the don’t want’ clubs, in which they leaked some details.

What is interesting, is the ‘dissenting’ clubs included Citeh (surprise, surprise), Southampton and QPR. I presume they do not want the staus quo, which favours the established ‘Big Boys’ like Arsenal and Chelsea, and want to be free to spend money as they wish, given they are now owned by seemingly wealthy benefactors and want to do what Chelsea and City did to break into the ‘elite’.

Watch this space.

31. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

You have hit the nail on the head regarding both the UEFA and the EPL versions of thE FFP rules.

I suspect there will come a period of time when there is some blood letting as regards what constitutes ‘normal’ commercial sponsorship, and ‘state’ [Qatar] sponsorship, on the one hand, and the ECJ legal action as regards ‘unlawful’ restriction of trade [club] and restriction of movement [players].

Some rocky [no pun intended] πŸ™‚ times ahead methinks! πŸ˜€

32. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

I read in the paper this morning about John Major letting Maggie Thatcher down prior to her sacking, and his appointment as Prime Minister, and the author said that Major was a modest man, who indeed had much to be modest about, but that certainly does not apply to you or any Post that you write. πŸ˜€

[If memory serves, the quote was first coined by Churchill, was it not?] πŸ˜€

Nice quote Redders. Sounds like Churchill. I always liked this exchange:

The playwright (and wit) George Bernard Shaw telegrammed Winston Churchill just prior to the opening of his new play, Major Barbara, saying: “Have reserved two tickets for first night. Come and bring a friend. If you have one.”

Churchill wired back: “Impossible to come to first night. Will come to second night. If you have one.”

34. Red Arse says:

Rocky, πŸ˜€

I love the quotes of GB Shaw and Churchill too. They both had an acerbic and somewhat scatalogical sense of humour.

One of my favourites (which probably says a lot about me) πŸ™‚ is that during WW2, Churchill went to the loo, when a General he was not too pleased with, telephoned to speak to him urhently, and his Private Secretary called out to Winston, ‘it’s General Auchinleck (?) on the telephone to speak to you urgently, sir.’
    To which Churchill yelled back, ‘tell him he will have to wait, I can only deal with one shit at a time!’

35. Red Arse says:

Actually, Rocky, that was a slip of the keyboard – or my brain – I meant, obviously, Oscar Wilde was one of my ‘quote’ heroes!

36. Red Arse says:

I cannot mention Oscar Wilde without mentioning his fateful poem, The Ballad of reading Gaol.
    He was incarcerated in Reading Gaol, at the time a young soldier was executed for murdering his wife, and it profoundly moved him.

He did not wear his scarlet coat,
    For blood and wine are red,
    And blood and wine were on his hands
    When they found him with the dead,
    The poor dead woman whom he loved,
    And murdered in her bed.

He walked amongst the Trial Men
    In a suit of shabby grey;
    A cricket cap was on his head,
    And his step seemed light and gay;
    But I never saw a man who looked
    So wistfully at the day.

I never saw a man who looked
    With such a wistful eye
    Upon that little tent of blue
    Which prisoners call the sky,
    And at every drifting cloud that went
    With sails of silver by.

I walked, with other souls in pain,
    Within another ring,
    And was wondering if the man had done
    A great or little thing,
    When a voice behind me whispered low,
    “That fellows got to swing.”

Dear Christ! the very prison walls
    Suddenly seemed to reel,
    And the sky above my head became
    Like a casque of scorching steel;
    And, though I was a soul in pain,
    My pain I could not feel.

I only knew what hunted thought
    Quickened his step, and why
    He looked upon the garish day
    With such a wistful eye;
    The man had killed the thing he loved
    And so he had to die.
    ___
    Yet each man kills the thing he loves
    By each let this be heard,
    Some do it with a bitter look,
    Some with a flattering word,
    The coward does it with a kiss,
    The brave man with a sword!

Some kill their love when they are young,
    And some when they are old;
    Some strangle with the hands of Lust,
    Some with the hands of Gold:
    The kindest use a knife, because
    The dead so soon grow cold.

Some love too little, some too long,
    Some sell, and others buy;
    Some do the deed with many tears,
    And some without a sigh:
    For each man kills the thing he loves,
    Yet each man does not die.
    ___
    He does not die a death of shame
    On a day of dark disgrace,
    Nor have a noose about his neck,
    Nor a cloth upon his face,
    Nor drop feet foremost through the floor
    Into an empty place.

Wow!

37. Red Arse says:

Too much from me, again, – blog farter extraordinaire! πŸ˜€

Apparently when Wilde was doing his “Finals” exams for Classics at Cambridge (or was it Oxford) there was a test where he had to read The Bible aloud (to his examiners) from the beginning, while translating it into Ancient Greek.

He started with Genesis and translated flawlessly.

The examiners quickly realized how good he was and suggested he stop. He just kept on going. The more they implored him to stop the more he carried on.

Eventually they were shouting at him to stop: “Why will you not stop, Mr Wilde?”

Finally he paused and looked up at them with an expression of great innocence and said: “I am so sorry. It’s just that it’s such a good story I wanted to see how it ends…”

Wow indeed Redders.

Looks like you and I are taking it in turns to provide Bloggimus Fartissimus πŸ™‚

Love those quotes.

My favourite from Churchill is this exchange with a woman…

Churchill: “Madam, you are ugly”

Woman. “Sir, you are drunk”

Churchill: “Yes, but I will be sober in the morning”

Sounds more Groucho Marx to me, so perhaps I have it wrong πŸ™‚

I think that was Churchill BR. A classic!

Also:

Nancy Astor: β€œSir, if you were my husband, I would give you poison.”
    Churchill: β€œIf I were your husband I would take it.”

GIE. I was there for all 5 of those goals. My pick would have to be the IW8 – I loved the man.

Best I have witnessed is really tough but I eventually come back to this one because of the whole experience….

Sorry for the awful quality…

What a top bloke Churchill was. One day when I am retired from the hurly burly I will find time to read his A History of the English Speaking People.

Evening all

AL, yes i was there for Kennedy’s goal and Charlie’s a few days later to complete the double.

Am surprised no one mentioned the 2002FA Cup final with 2 of the best goals ever in a final by Ljundberg \nd Parlour.

I still like Dennis’s against Newcastle the best.

kelsey
    I was there for the 2002 Cup Final – behind the goal for both.

Dennis at Newcastle is my favourite Arsenal goal of all time, but I wasn’t there to see it in person.

kelsey. The whole Cardiff experience was great. I stayed at a hotel called The Big Sleep and very nice it was but ruined by surly Chavs.

It was a lovely warm sunny day, Cardiff was full of people with Freddie Red Hair and the singing after he scored was hair-raising (even for a man without hair)

But somehow a win against the odds is sweeter and the ’94 win against a brilliant Parma team with a weakened Arsenal squad was certainly that.

The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.

Winston Churchill

Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy, its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery.

Winston Churchill

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity;
    An optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Winston Churchill

My most brilliant achievement was my ability to be able to persuade my wife to marry me.

Winston Churchill

Evening Gn5 (well, it is here!)

I guess your favourite goal was Reg Lewis in the 1950 FAC πŸ˜€

A politician needs the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month, and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn’t happen.

Winston Churchill

I am easily satisfied with the very best.

Hi BR,

It’s 2:11 pm here on a very wet, windy and cold afternoon.

I love Churchill quotes and there are many that have been forgotten.

I am prepared to meet my Maker. Whether my Maker is prepared for the great ordeal of meeting me is another matter.

Winston Churchill

I am always ready to learn although I do not always like being taught.

Winston Churchill

I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me.

Winston Churchill

My wife and I tried two or three times in the last 40 years to have breakfast together, but it was so disagreeable we had to stop.

Winston Churchill

The length of this document defends it well against the risk of its being read.

Winston Churchill

I will heed his words from the last quote and quit before every blogger stops reading.

GunnerN5

It is very easy for me to understand why I love this site so much.
    Such a great read.
    Oh and any more GN5 B-)

I’m on something of a work tour right now with everything geared around making it to Birmginham tomorrow night with a carefully engineered day off on saturday so that I can enjoy being driven in a train down to London for the day for a little rendez vous in N5
    GiE’s post has put me in the mood for a very special goal.
    Who in our present team has it in them to score a goal of the season contender?

Okay I’ve got some more.

Young man (after seeing Churchill leave the bathroom without washing his hands): At Eton they taught us to wash our hands after using the toilet.

Churchill: At Harrow they taught us not to piss on our hands.

65. Red Arse says:

Micky, πŸ™‚

Now don’t tell me you read all the comments! πŸ™‚

A nation trying to tax itself into prosperity is like a man standing in a bucket and trying to pull himself up by the handles.

Winston Churchill.

GN5 keep em coming
    RA oh yes i do. Mind you I’m still trying to calculate my score from yesterdY. Trouble is, I xont know myself all that well πŸ™‚

History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.

Winston Churchill

The inherent vice of capitalism is the unequal sharing of blessings; the inherent virtue of socialism is the equal sharing of miseries.

Winston Churchill

Once in a while you will stumble upon the truth but most of us manage to pick ourselves up and hurry along as if nothing had happened.

Winston Churchill

You ask, What is our policy? I will say; β€œIt is to wage war, by sea, land and air, with all our might and with all the strength that God can give us: to wage war against a monstrous tyranny, never surpassed in the dark lamentable catalogue of human crime. That is our policy.” You ask, What is our aim? I can answer with one word: Victoryβ€”victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory there is no survival.

Winston Churchill

We shall not flag or fail. We shall go on to the end. We shall fight in France, we shall fight on the seas and the oceans, we shall fight with growing confidence and growing strength in the air, we shall defend our island, whatever the cost may be. We shall fight on the beaches, we shall fight on the landing grounds, we shall fight in the fields and in the streets, we shall fight in the hills; we shall never surrender.

Winston Churchill

Enough. I’m off on the school run to pick up my Grandchildren.

Sorry but I couldn’t resist just one more. then I’m off.

Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands. But if we fall, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science.
    Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth lasts for a thousand years, men will still say, β€œThis was their finest hour!”

Winston Churchill.

75. kelsey
    Sorry for delay in replying, I was busy getting an education from clever blokes with clever jokes and clever quotes.

Best double ever, 1970-71.
    Completed in the course of just 5 days. The noise our fans made for the entire 90 mins was fantastic!
    I queued for approx 5 hours. Thank heavens it wasn’t raining.

I remember a picture in the Daily Express taken by helicopter, presumably showing 50,000 inside and an estimated 50,000 locked out, standing all round the ground, filling the streets. Traffic jams for miles apparently.

76. kelsey (et al)
    Sorry – the comments about the noise, 5hrs queueing, 50,000 locked out all refer to the League triumph at Spurs on the Monday evening of course, as I’m sure you realised.

Al
    I’d been an Arsenal supporter for about two years back then. Sadly didn’t go to my first game until ’73 so I missed all the 1971 heroics 😦

78. Gooner in Exile says:

Thanks for upping the comments count GN5 πŸ˜€

Top stuff there from Gn5, GiE πŸ™‚

Mind you, Redders started it all!

80. Gooner In Exile says:

My favourite footballing quote is probably Peter Crouch:

Interviewer : what would you be if you weren’t a Premier League footballer?

Crouch : A virgin

πŸ˜€

81. Gooner In Exile says:

And following on from the sober in the morning quote from Churchill I also like Dean Martin’s:

“I feel sorry for you people who don’t drink, because when you wake up in the morning that’s as good as you’re gonna feel all day”

82. Roger Jensen says:

Thank you for sharing these great memories! Remember all of them and even the commentry after seeing them over and over again on my VHS in my youth πŸ™‚

Roger
    Some of us remember these clips much more clearly than, say, our own wedding video… 😳

84. Gooner In Exile says:

Spurs into extra time? Shame they’re not playing this weekend.

85. Gooner In Exile says:

Roger glad to have sent you down memory lane…..the one goal that didnt make it was John Jensen’s I couldn’t make the game (think my Dad was poorly).

I might have had the same VHS “92 for 92”

86. Gooner In Exile says:

Was Dembele injured? He never seems to last 90 minutes.

Not sure if I wan Spurs to win or lose.

If they win they have at least 2 extra games but they MAY win the thing., which would be terrible.

Hmmm… do we want the Spuds to go through? Or lose?

Snap BR

On balance, I think I want them to go out.

On the plus side they all look knackered.

Haha – Barndoor with a TERRIBLE penalty πŸ˜€

92. Gooner in Exile says:

Poor poor Adebayor πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ πŸ˜€ massive ROLF

Spuds are out.

On balance I think it’s a good thing. It will remind them of a very important fact: they’re shit.

94. Gooner in Exile says:

Oh when the wheeeeeeeeeeels

95. Gooner in Exile says:

ROLF Rocky

Goodnight GiE
    Well done for an entertaining Post today.

Great Tweet πŸ˜€

Adebayor,
    Adebayor-or-or
    Give him the ball
    He’ll hit a barn door
    (as long as it’s on the second storey) πŸ™‚

99. Gooner In Exile says:

Even the youth team are getting involved πŸ˜€

100. Gooner In Exile says:

101. Red Arse says:

Good Morning, guys — I think! πŸ™‚

Morning All

UPon reflection, I wish the Miscreants hasd stayed in last night. The more games the merrier.

AVB has stated that Spurs have shown the PL how to play in the Europa, perhaps he is forgetting that Fulham got to the Final and Chavs are still in it.

103. Gooner In Exile says:

Was an interesting quote that one Raddy…..he also lost a bit of the mind games because I’m pretty sure he said “hopefully we go further next year” which kind of suggests he knows they’re not going to be in CL πŸ™‚

I think I prefer the crushing defeat on penalties to any chance of silverware for them.

104. Gooner In Exile says:

On a side note was impressed with the way Basel played last night, how long has their coach/manager been there?

GIE,

Hadn’t thought about that. As Mr Bowie said “Under Pressure”.

I like AVB and think he would have been a fine successor to the great man.

106. Gooner In Exile says: