Vorsprung Durch Podolski

This commonly used German phrase is usually translated into English as ‘Progress Through Podolski’, and I think it is time The Arsenal started Vorsprunging Herr Lukasgoalmeister more effectively.

I should point out that I originally penned this post prior to the game at Old Trafford, however, I think it is equally relevant today. If anything, more so, on the back of two recent revelations.

Firstly, the Lucas post Schalke interview to a German Journo where, in answering a question regarding his short time at The Arsenal, he revealed that he is less than happy being out left in addition to his defensive duties.

The second revelation came days later from Arsene himself, who stated that the role of the wingers in the modern came with increasingly defensive responsibilities.

While neither of these statements make happy reading, I think what is most worrying is when you consider our goalscoring options. Centrally speaking we have Giroud, Chamakh and Podolski. I would say that the first two offer similar tactical threats, leaving Podolski as the only one offering something different.

Any team should be armed with a minimum of two attacking tactical options, whether they are played in tandem or as alternatives for different phases of the same game, or to pose different threats to counter various defensive set-ups posed by opposition personnel.

My question, therefore, is how to get the most out of our asset?

I do remember discussing the possible acquisition of Podolski with Rasp in December of last year. Unlike Rasp, I was not convinced that he fit our style of play. However, I did my usual thorough research on youtube and noticed not only the number of goals he scored at club level when playing centrally, but how acute was his sense of positioning and off the ball running. He is a very instinctive goal grabbing opportunist.

Ignoring the defensive role of being wide left, I think it is unsuitable for him for two reasons. Firstly, he does not possess a good cross, and if he is to be out there, we can assume Giroud will be the target in the middle. In other words, we do not get the best out of either.

The other reason is that we nullify the effect of his greatest asset. His left footed Howitzer of a shot. This is always going to be at its most devastating when fired from a more central position, or at least coming in from the right. That bit really is fairly elementary geometry and angles stuff.

The other evening, Rasp and GiE were having a β€œstat-off”, and one of them stated that against Fulham we planted 39 crosses. Interestingly, after the game I was walking with Rasp and Peaches and I made the observation of how poor the aerial service to Giroud had been. The vast majority of balls find the Frenchman having to crane his neck backwards rather than thrusting his full power and momentum forwards and goalwards.

At this juncture, I want to hand over to you lot to come up with formations and line-ups that get the best out of the formidable armoury at our disposal. You are probably all sick of my 3-5-2 stuff, but recently on this site, elements of this formation were given the thumbs up by none other than that all round brainbox and footballing tactical bollocks genius, Mr GoonerB.

This works for me:

Or perhaps there is a 4-4-2 in there somewhere. Then again, is it simply an either/or scenario for Giroud and Podolski in Arsene’s favoured from three. Arshavin Podolski Theo looks nice on paper.

I like any player who works hard in an Arsenal shirt, and Podolski is foremost in that category. I just want to see him doing what he does best. Scoring 20+ goals a season. Something that will never happen stuck where he is.

Written b MickyDidIt89

128 Responses to Vorsprung Durch Podolski

1. Brilliant post Mickey and a subject that i am absolutely besotted with at the moment.
    The right formation to get the best from the available personnel.
    Podolski sores better than 1 in 3 efforts it is an absolute must to get him in positions where he can get multiple efforts at goal per game. Out on the left it doesn’t cut it, he has neither the pace or trickery and also he approaches the goal from the wrong angle. Playing centrally is obvious and my opinion he should be played just behind the front man.
    Does that lead to a 4.4.2 a system that seems to have been played to death and too easy to nullify, or something different?
    Why not try Fergies system 4.2.3.1, this would leave Pod in the Shrek role just behind the back stabber. This would leave Caz to the right and ox to the left, with Mikel and Jack at the back rotating in going forward.
    In a week where its being reported that Wengers considering a formation change, i hope he considers this system as opposed to the 3 CB’s that are rife in tabloids as we speak.

2. Morning all, before I disect Mdi89’s very fine post just a comment about the 7am post GiE/Chas were talking about to say that I may have inadvertantly started off his train of thought that led to that post.

I e mailed him on Monday to say I’d be going to the Swansea game and I’d be doing a match report, I also mentioned the BSM protest – or the Trash Bag guys as he calls them.

3. Slightly ambitios Charely “all” doesn’t cut it, only you and i are here it seems

4. oz gunner says:

Can’t complain with that Micky. That lineup would be great to see. I agree, Podolski is a fantastic striker (one I’ve wanted to see at Arsenal for a very very long time) and I thought he was brought in to be our #1 striker. Perhaps he thinks if he’s good enough to play there for Germany (he’s that good they have to chuck him in out of position, and play Gomez centrally) he is for Arsenal?!
    He NEEDS to be played centrally, but then you have walcott whinging away so what the bloody hell do we do? It’s all too hard.

@ Chas

dear Mr Video king, before the season started I remember you posted a video of Arsenal vs Tottenham 5-2, but it was a 10/12 minute video that had players arriving ect ect (like a behind the scenes look). I can’t find it whatsoever though. Do you have any idea what it was called?
    I’m making the Mrs watch the game on the weekend and I thought i’d make her watch that to wet her appetite

5. @Oz Walcott would complain for sure, but i think he’s gone mate.

6. Simon says:

I’m fairly new here, and I don’t post replies very often but I really enjoy the blogs and usually I agree or st least understand the author point of view. This time however, whilst I agree with the fact that we would got the best out of Poldi when he plays through the middle, I can’t understand playing a 3-5-2 formation with the players we have in the squad. We have 3 good centre backs, Mertesacker, Kos and Vermalaen as well as fairly decent back up in djourou and Miquel. What would happen if we lost a first choice CB to injury? I’m not sure the back up could do a good enough job in the long term. Also, learning a new formation and tactics takes time, which being 11 points off the leaders, we don’t have!

I believe you should pick a formation to suit the players at your disposal, not shoe horn them into a position. For me a 4-4-2 or variant of one would is the ideal formation.

Woj

Sagna Kos/Mertesacker Vermalaen Gibbs

Theo cazorla wilshire/Arteta ox/gervinho/arshavin

Poldi Giroud

Super post Micky.

I think there is a hidden agenda. It is well known that Mr Wenger reads this site over breakfast. He has seen our bet and somehow you have made him an offer he cannot refuse.

So how does our leader respond? – he plays the lethal German out of position and tells him to feed OG as much as possible.

Be assured there will be an inquiry at the very highest level

8. Hi Simon
    Agree with you there on the 3 Cb’s, theres always an injury period or a suspension or two, then we are in to Djorou and Miquel and Squilvestre, yikes!

9. oz gunner says:

great comment Simon, stick around, tonnes of good posters on here.
    You make a good point, but then you could also argue that what we are doing isn’t working so why not try something a little different?!

Plus we don’t have to play it every game, different tactics/formations could make us less predictable and not one dimensional

Great post Micky, and thanks for the mention. I think it was very prudent to put the word bollocks in there in association with myself. Anyway, as you probably already know I agree with you entirely that Podolski should be used centrally. It seems criminal to me to ignore his goal-scoring stats by playing him as a winger. Whether he should be employed as a lone striker or in a 2 striker formation is obviously open to debate. I still think there are times when we need 2 central strikers out there and we need to find a system that can allow this at times. I was working on a similar topic for a debut post, that I have been promising Peaches and Rasp for a while, but hadn’t quite finished it yet (been away). I had better get a move on now. It is not exactly the same as yours though and comes from a slightly different angle but should tie in with your post today Micky. For that reason I will keep my thoughts short today, (big sighs of relief from all AA’ers), but just to re-iterate I too believe that Podolski, although he can play there, is wasted as a wide player. It does not play to his greatest strengths and I would consider him someone more to cover that position when needed rather than someone to play that role regularly.

Welcome Simon, you make a good point. It is a brain teaser, we need width and players who can get behind fullbacks and deliver an accurate cross if we are going to feed a front two as well – the downside is we could be overrun in midfield. I am beginning to veer towards the SAF 4:2:3:1 that Jonathan has mentioned.

I’m not sure I subscribe to the ‘it would take too long to learn a new formation theory’ – some teams change formation during a game when they wish to adapt to the oppositions strenghts/weaknesses, it should not be beyond our players to do the same.

12. henrychan says:

Morning Micky..

I like the idea to strengthen our defend..
    3-5-2 formation will be great.. even Santos can play much better in this form.. but leave Walcott behind is not a good option to me..
    However.. no player is bigger than club.. if it is the best for us.. then we must go on..
    But if it rally need to apply.. I just hope we are not doing it for the game again Spurs.. too risky.. We must win this weekend.. It’s dead or alive game.. Win or forget the EPL cup.. period..

Simon. That is a very attacking team and given our problems at the back I believe it would struggle. Though like you I find Micky’s 3 at the back theory too fragile.

There is no pace in his team, no-one who can cross a ball, although Gibbs is improving.

What about this:

GK
    Sagna BFG TV Gibbs
    O-C JW Arteta
    Santi
    OG Pod

All this formation stuff is cobblers really. We always defend (as do all teams) with two banks of 4 and when we attack it all seems a bit gung-ho.

IMO what is lacking is the pace of passing we had at season’s start, the tight triangles. Once we get that back we will win more games. Right now the team is too static.

Oh, and stop that passing it around the back nonsense, please

14. @Oz and multiple formation set ups that are interchangeable within a match to suit the current match situation. Or do we need any more confusion in the ranks. πŸ™‚

Whatever the formation when santos and the pod are playing, more often than not the pod is behind Santos when we are in possession.

That’s another part of my proposed post to delete πŸ™‚

16. oz gunner says:

Well said Big Daddy. Pressing, pace, no back stuff. It’s as simple as that! Also agree Rasp, at that level it should be easy

17. Thanks Rasp
    When we played ManU, i couldn’t help but think that their system would work for us. Not one of our players would have looked out of place in MUFCs team, well apart from RVC

Is this the one you’re after, oz?

Thanks Jonathan – I also like Raddy’s 4:3:1:2 and agree with his point that when we defend we form 2 banks of four so the ‘formation’ is only a notional scenario borne of the training ground.

Fluidity up front and in attacking midfield is the ideal, but when the players are static or lack confidence (or just not good enough) fluidity becomes turgidity

It seems that most of us agree 4:5:1 isn’t getting the best out of our players so I do hope AW is prepared to try something different.

21. oz gunner says:

Cheers for that chas, much appreciated!

22. @ MickyDidIt89

So, not a natural winger to be seen.
    So, Sagna and Gibbs are more preferable as ‘wingers’ than ‘actual, natural’ wingers?
    So, they’ll run at defences, cross the ball, and GOAL! Just like, err… wingers. But better.

Read all about it… Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott, Gervinho for sale!

I haven’t even read the post. I haven’t even read any comments.
    Don’t need to. The lineup says it all.

I’ll have to leave it there I’m afraid, as the plumber’s just turned up to do some necessary electrical work.
    And the gardener’s here as well to re-tile my bathroom.
    And the bricklayer’s hanging my new curtains.
    But, hey, with all my years of experience as a graphic artist I’m well in control, as regard these jobs; well I would be wouldn’t I.

Yes, I’m in a bad mood. Just got back from the hairdresser – had to have a filling.

And before anyone wants to have a go, I can’t even spell “sarcastick”, as it happens – so don’t lay that old chestnut on me.

23. Red Arse says:

Kelsey,

The gestation period for your Post seems to be close to that of the woolly mammoth. πŸ™‚

The deletion period seems to be running in parallel too, so is this a new Post project based on the Forth suspension bridge tactic of never being completed? πŸ™‚

Not that you should take any notice of me, a man whose rare Posts take on average 5 minutes to type, which compares very favourably with the incubation period for a chicken of approx 28 days!

My belief is never mind the quality, feel the speed!!

Hi Big Al, I suggest you read the article and the subsequent comments, Micky is seldom sarcastic but often T in C πŸ™‚

red arse,

it will be the shortest post on AA ever πŸ™‚

Great post, Micky.

We do need to get the Pod into more shooting opportunities. How can we do this best?

If we played 3 at the back, Sagna is excellent on the cover, and I’d imagine Jenks could step in as well. So Squiddly would be a little further away from a recall than some suggest.

Personally I do think we need 4 at the back though. It’s the front two thirds of the team, I’m more concerned about. The midfield three seem too far apart at the moment. Jack has only played a few times with Mikel so I expect it to improve.

The again I agree with BR. Once the confidence goes back up, the passing will improve and we’ll all wonder why we questioned the highly successful 4-3-3 we played at the dippers.

27. @ MickyDidIt89

But I think your lineup is daft. No offence, buddy.

Is that 2 words then kelsey … “We’re doomed” πŸ˜†

29. Red Arse says:

Hi Big Al,

Rest assured that I think I understood what you appeared to say, even if it was not what you meant to tell us.

I read everything you type with my elbow. That is, you don’t type with my elbow — of course — I need it to think with, but I read, with my elbow, whatever you type – with your toe. πŸ˜€

I keep reading that 4-4-2 means you are vulnerable to being swamped in midfield.

When Freddie and Bobby were the wide men in the middle 4, why didn’t we get swamped?

Also when Overmars played on the left of the middle four and Razor on the right, how come we din’t look unbalanced?

I just realised that all this formation cobblers is all one huge great mystery to me. πŸ™‚

Another thing I just realised as a male of the species, why do we call things we find nonsensical, cobblers or bollix, when they are things we treasure?

31. Red Arse says:

But then Chas, much tho I too am perplexed with that anatomical scatological usage, why do we use the “c” word to show our disapproval, when it brings us the next best thing to heaven?

Let me know if you work it out. πŸ˜€

32. Red Arse says:

When peeps talk about formations it is almost as if it is a static formation that moves up or down the pitch like guardsmen in perfect harmony.

4:4:2 could and should become 4:5:1 or 4:2:4 depending on the circumstances, which is what i think the Rasper was alluding to.

The beauty of football is its fluidity. The numbers are just a way of expressing a ‘fall back’ position, the rest is bollix —- oh, no, I have offended your male appurtenances!!! πŸ˜€

I think it must originate from Victorian times when unmentionables (there you go πŸ™‚ ) were seen to be dirty and something to be ashamed of.

‘Dickhead’ and ‘knobhead’ should henceforth be interpreted as compliments.
    I need to get Piers Morgan to understand this first. πŸ™‚

Did Willy Wobbledagger use body parts as insults?

Going back to 7 a.m. kick off i have found the perfect answer.

Just get Kroenke to sell all his shares to our Queen, how much more British is that and she is a gooner.

35. Gooner In Exile says:

Can’t stop for long having hell and all time with a client, and I’ve just popped out for cig break.

Have to say Micky that the post is a testament to your tactical acumen as I was reading it and considering playing Posup front in a two with Giroud the only possible formation that came to mind was 3-5-2. And lo and behold that is precisely the formation you came up with, and your players were 10/11 the same as mine, the only change being the Corporal at wing back and leaving Bacary out….energy and fitness levels of the Corporal fit right midfield. And secondly Bac could play right centre half in place of Kozzer. Which gives rotation options.

Freddie “he had red hair but not anymore” gets Swedish Football Lifetime Award.

Dennis looks as though he is n line for one of Terry Mancini’s Hair Transplants

37. MAX says:

I was waiting for dis kind of topic from one week… 3-5-2 is good formation to play… But I am very big fan of 4-3-3 formation as it has more attacking option… We can play poldi in the middle walcott and gervi on the wings with ox and ashravin on bench… arteta,santi and whilsere holding midfiled and ramsey,coqulien on bench sagna,TV,BFG and gibbs in defence.. Belive me if we play with the team i suggested we will be very deadly while attacking as walcott has became cool finisher…. and poldi left foot is deadly playing him on wing is waste as he cannot score as many goal as he can score from center.. But to convince sutborn Wenger is tough.. I would love to see poldi in the middle… How many chance OG has wasted no doubt he is good header of ball but he is not a good poacher… We should play poldi n the middle and see the difference just try 2 games and yu ll see the change

Thanks people.
    I should add that however much I go on about 3-5-2, I really do agree with the thinking that these things get somewhat blurred.
    I really do like like many of your suggestions, and my real purpose was in trying to find a way to get goals out of Podolski (as well as helping Raddy with his bet πŸ™‚ ).
    There are many ways to do this, and I’d be happy with 4-3-3, or 4-2-3-1, in fact any system which optimizes the abilities of the players at AW’s disposal.
    Will be back for a proper chat a little later.

39. LOL @Kelsey
    If the queen was to buy out Kronke, would we then have to revert back to Royal Arsenal? πŸ™‚

Hells’ Teeth Chas,
    Just read your link at 11:40 saying Arsene planning a drastic tacticorial heave ho.
    Now, I did say at some point that I felt it time for a new manager, although I never said when, but, if Arsene shuffles his pack, and I couldn’t care less what formation he goes for, with the effect of injecting new vim into the side, then he can stay for ever as far as I’m concerned.
    I did note it was from The Daily Mail, so hoping they are as accurate with their football as they are with Pippa Watch πŸ™‚

Jonathan,
    And the gossip page on arsenal.com carries a “Pippa Watch” column. Its all falling nicely into place.

42. jnyc says:

Great post MICKY. i have always liked left footers coming from the right or centrally to take advantage of a strong shot, which Pod definitely has. —- i think Arsene needs to be more flexible, as i mentioned last week- maybe trying Santi on the wing to give pod or jack different responsibilities

I believe Santi plays on the wing for Spain, now Jack is back that could be an option.

G Rasp ing at straws.

We have wingers so why use our best creative MF out thère.?

Or has Rasp been to the Wenger School of management

45. jnyc says:

Raddy, i could see Santi on wing in a more agressive set up, trying to get more scoring from pod centrally or moving Jack forward when our midfield is healthy. Also with Gervihno going to african cup and who knows about theo, we are not that deep there, especially if Podolski isnt producing.

πŸ˜† Raddy, I’m not necessarily advocating it, but at least Santi has the skills to get past players unlike Ramsey and the Pod. I don’t think AW knows his most effective front 3 or midfield 3 yet. The most effective may not comprise the 3 best players.

47. jnyc says:

Micky. Rasp, i wonder where Podolski thought he was playing when he signed for us early.? I cant believe we told him Van Persie was leaving at that point. So he must have assumed he would get occasional time as striker when vP was rested. But must have known would mostly be on left wing like for germany. But i would still like us to try some different things. Could he play behind Giroud? And btw, i still like Giroud alot.

jnyc, I really like Giroud too. He is a player on the ascendancy, he’s growing with every game and could destroy the tots if he gets the service on Saturday ….. and yet I do not see him as Arsenal’s number one striker, I’m hoping we’re yet to sign that player.

I worry about Giroud growing a pony tail.

50. glic says:

Thanks for the post Micky
    I`m still not convinced Pod was a good signing, he just doesn`t do it for me out wide, seems a waste but come the end of the season and if were lucky enough to get CL and he scores or provides a hat full, then I could change my mind !.

As for Giroud, A pony tail goes with his pony size……..? hahaha

51. Does anyone want to write a post for tomorrow, possibly about the game tonight? We have a post in drafts but it can be used on Friday just as easily ……….

Peaches,
    I can’t believe there’s nothing better on telly than that πŸ™‚

I read that Lennon, Defoe and another have been withdrawn from the Internationals. Let’s hope the injuries are genuine and serious.

Nice Post Micky
    I’m not very good at footy tactics, but I certainly agree that we don’t seem to be getting the best out of the Pod.

The idea that in a 4-4-2 the midfield will be overrun by teams playing 4-3-3 (or variations thereof) seems to be accepted without argument. But is that really true?

55. glic says:

Quick, get on Football Fan Cast via Newsnow, they`re doing a vote on who`s got the best away support and as of a couple of minutes ago, the scum down the lane had 5 more votes than us !. come on get behind our boyz !.

Yes Peaches. All the Spuds have withdrawn from the England squad. Shame on them.

What kind of player doesn’t want to pull on the England shirt?

57. glic says:

Come on, they`ve now got 8 more !.

Just between us Rocky, I don’t have the first idea either. Frankly, formations are shapes as far as I’m concerned πŸ™‚
    I would genuinely like to see Pod central, and I’d also like to see someone closer to the Olly knock downs, hence the two up top.
    From there on, its simply me trying to squeeze in our best players.

Damn, a win on saturday would be good. Its taking over my week already.

60. Oh damn, I want the picture not the link ……. someone change it if they can please xx

61. If you haven’t seen Ibrahimovic’s sensational fourth goal, there’s a video here http://bit.ly/ZLGJ4l via @epltalk

62. goonerjake says:

What a great goal

63. goonerjake says:

then again all the goals were great. good to see jenko get his cap. he did alright

64. Gooner In Exile says:

Has Joe Hart been training with Almunia? STAY IN YOUR GOAL!!

2 defenders 1 attacker and Hart decides to get busy…..poor!

65. GiE – he didn’t even have the excuse of being bored, he’d already picked the ball out of his net twice in the previous few minutes!!!

He wasn’t having a good game though, and probably should have saved the free kick, no?

Trying to be a hero πŸ˜‰

66. Gooner In Exile says:

On The Tuesday Club podcast Alan Davis referred to a question put to Arsene at a recent Q&A he hosted with Arsene and Winterburn. It was about pulling players from International games, Arsene said that if you pull them they are suspended next game ….. surely that’s only Qualifying games?

Anyway any surprise RvP wasn’t in Dutch squad?

This weeks podcast was interesting Davis has been getting a bit peed off lately (and he is not someone who is generally that mouths off even when things are going really badly) but he comes back glowing having had some 1 to 1 time with Arsene, worth a listen. And a great story about how the original Tuesday Club would get organised.

67. It’s so much easier when it’s not your team πŸ™‚

68. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches I’ve only seen the goal you posted I’ve been working. But I don’t think Harts having a good season, IMO should have saved Spuds opener on Saturday too.

69. Is that true? Pulling players earns a suspension, I thought it was only wishful thinking ……. not official.

70. I’m sure you’ll see the goals at some point, the free kick came in low and hard to his bottom left-hand corner. He’d shifted his weight to the right to get a better spring I suppose but in those seconds he was too late to get down to the ball.

71. Sav from Australia says:

Cheers for the post Micky. The posts and comments on AA are sometimes very educational, especially about these formation thingys. Feel cleverer already hehe.

72. oz gunner says:

I think Hart is very overrated. He seems to have rested on his laurels over the last season and a bit. Take Kompany out of the team and see how good he plays.

That was an amazing goal, how on Earth he got that much power on it is a complete mystery, not to mention the technique for someone that tall

73. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches this is in FIFAs statutes

β€œA player who has been called up by his association for one of its representative teams, is, unless otherwise agreed by the relevant association, not entitled to play for the club with which he is registered during the period for which he has been released or should have been released pursuant to the provisions of this annexe.

This restriction on playing for the club shall, moreover, be prolonged by five days in the event that the player, for whatsoever reason, did not wish to or was unable to comply with the call-up.”

So yes it’s true it’s just whether the FAhave the balls to enforce it, they spoke of doing so in 2011 according to the article I read (and copied that from).

They also say that if the club use the player when suspended they would forfeit the match, this is only the case if the player has not reported for duty, if he reports and te FA agree his injury is valid then they are not suspended.

74. gnarleygeorge9 says:

My word the wheels have fallen off, 4-2. Wow what a zlatan in the face that was for Ingerland

75. Ved says:

Brilliant post. Wish Arsene caould view this despite being busy with too many things to handle, his mind less effective this season (which is way better than most tacticians in the league).

The 3-5-2 formation would certainly make better use of our individual talents and if the Vermaelen, Koscielny and Mertesacker can hold their line without movind forward, this might be a welcome change for our struggling defense. Also, swapping up positions would keep the opponents guessing coz I feel we are being too monotonous these days.

Morning all,
    I think that Ibra.. bicycle kick is the first one that has genuinely impressed me. When Rooney turns upside down and wellies the bloody thing, he really hasn’t the foggiest idea where its going.
    Last night, Ibra knew Hart was miles away, and therefore just getting it anywhere between the sticks would do it.

Johnnie Wilkinson
    Mutley Laugh πŸ™‚

Morning All

Ibra’s last goal was up there with the Scorpion Kick of Higuita. An unforgettable moment of genius and cheek.

Hi Raddy,
    Did Wilfied Zaha play, and if so, impressive?

Zaha only had a few minutes and hardly touched the ball. Impossible to judge him

81. Red Arse says:

Morning peoples, πŸ™‚

Just find it difficult to bother watching internationals, but at least with a goodly number of goals that was better than most!

It’s a bit misty here, but fortunately not the fog that is forecast elsewhere — expect it’s still raining where you are Micky!!! πŸ˜€

RA,
    Stunning cloudless day yesterday and ditto today after a misty start. Unbelievable though that sounds!

RA. You really are becoming a native Englishman. A greeting, a quick slice of football followed by a comment about the weather πŸ™‚

I have a sneaky suspicion that Kelseys’ absence means he is putting the finishing touches to his post.
    Either that, or its another hair day πŸ™‚

Raddy,
    The moment RA gets those in the right order, its full citizenship.

kelsey could be at the barber’s. He had the estimate last month and the team are assembled ready for the operation.

Unusual because he normally gets sheared in Spring

87. Red Arse says:

Never a truer word, Raddy, πŸ™‚

I have lived outside the US for so long, in various countries, that I now feel more British than anything else! πŸ™‚

you must have similar mixed feelings about the UK – Denmark. You never forget your origins but you are changed.

Of course, it is impossible to go anywhere in England without someone saying “nice out today” [just as well Glic is still in bed πŸ™‚ ] or “cor, bit chilly, mate” or “Stunning cloudless day yesterday and ditto today after a misty start”! πŸ™‚ – And I love it.

BR πŸ™‚

89. Red Arse says:

Micky, Raddy, πŸ™‚

Actually, I think Kelsey is busy rubbing out all the stuff he wrote yesterday, because Micky wrote everything he was going to say.

Or was that GIE? or Rocky? πŸ˜€

RA,
    I am genuinely one of those people who love discussing the weather. It amazes me how few words we have developed for the many types of rain and so on.
    My children and I have come up with a few of our own for the various stages of snow, rain, hail etc
    Snail, snain….I have to say, we hate snain as it promises so much and fails so completely to deliver.

RA,
    Me? Innocent. It was a succession of linked articles that had our Man in Spain reaching for the typex.

Will there be a storm at Ashburton Grove on Saturday?

Saturday really cannot come fast enough can it?
    Kelsey’s Hair and The Weather
    ROLF

In Danish there are many words for differing types of snow, I only know one …. sne.

What else does one need?

Damn that’s good Chas

Oh Raddy no. So someone calls and says its snowing, and you are happy with that?
    Whereas I want to know so much more. Wet stuff, dry stuff, settling, how thick, when did it start, how long is it forecast to continue….

Two unhappy fans.
    The reason for posting is the question and answer at 2:35. πŸ™‚

It’s a bit moggy up here this morning.
    (I thought moggy was a better portmanteau than fisty πŸ™‚ )

Moggy=cat
    Port Manteau=French fishing village
    Fisty=????
    Sort it out Chas πŸ™‚

Sadly, kelsey got called away yesterday and we’re going to have to make do without his post 😦 but that nice Mr Red Arse has penned one for us to enjoy today πŸ˜‰

Apologies for blog farting in the middle of the morning club conversation.

I just saw this on twitter for you dog lovers. Made me laugh.
    The dog paradox.

102. chas – at 9.58 last night I put in a link to a pic of the Jenkinson England flag but I couldn’t work out how to show the pic and not the link, can you do it for me pretty please πŸ™‚

portmonteau 😎

Talking of dogs, where’s Evonne?

Thanks chas, having just lost my 16 year old dog, I found that amusing, poigniant and very true πŸ˜•

…. would you like to rephrase that Micky πŸ˜†

peaches,
    I’m never quite sure how it works.
    Sometimes I right click where it says ‘view photo’, click ‘copy link address’, paste it in here and wordpress shows the photo. Other times it just shows a link.

Who tweeted the link?

Of course the Rasper can display his own pictures inline if he’s copied the photos to his own library. Perhaps he’s the man to ask? πŸ™‚

109. Too many questions chas, my head is full of where to site my cranked beams, can’t cope with too much else at the moment 😦

Don’t worry, it’ll probably reappear on someone else’s timeline or on Arsenal.com.

…..and your flitch plates.

111. Red Arse says:

Morning Chas, Peaches, Rasp, πŸ™‚

A perfectly pleasant morning has suddenly darkened! Not more bollix from that Red Arse fellow, surely!!! 😦

“cranked beams”? Wossat?

113. Red Arse says:

Sorry to hear about the demise of your poor old dog, Rasper.

It is always very sad when friends and family die, but when I have lost my dogs over the years it has been a dreadful experience. 😦
    Probably says more about me than I should admit to.

114. It must be on it’s way cos you’ve just put on twitter πŸ™‚

115. glic says:

Loved the dog paradox chas, I have saved it as a favourite.

Sorry for your loss Rasp. I cant bear the tought of losing my puppy.

As I said, I’ve no idea why sometimes wordpress shows the photo inline and others not.
    When I asked GIE before, he said copy the tweet link rather than the photo link. That’s exactly what I thought I’ve just done. 😦

Last try.

Rasp,
    Sorry about your dog.
    And, cripes, I did not mean that Evonne.

I love a good RA post….plenty to chew on.
    I’ve be back after lunch when I’ve digested it. πŸ™‚

Bloody hell, ‘I’ve be back….’ sounds a bit Cornish.

121. New Post …………….

122. Wow, this piece of writing is pleasant, my sister is analyzing such things,
    therefore I am going to tell her.

123. Hi to every one, it’s really a pleasant for
    me to pay a quick visit this web page, it consists of helpful Information.