Wilshere to start on Saturday and International Report

Will he or won’t he? Of course he won’t. There is as much chance of Wilshere starting as there is of Spurs winning the PL in my lifetime (or yours). I do not understand the calls for Jack – too often have we seen the results of bringing a player back too early. My guess is that JW is in Mr Wenger’s face every day desperate to get on the pitch; his career has been in park mode when he should have been establishing himself as the best player of his generation. It remains to be seen what effect his year put will have on his development.

Is Jack the “Real Deal”? This is another question entirely. The press and fans always hype up a player and the level of Jack-hype is ridiculous. There was talk of inclusion into the England squad before he has played for Arsenal !!

Jack may be a Dad but he is still a little boy.

As to the Internationals. Last night saw differing fortunes for our lads. A ying and yang game for Per Mertesacker who played the whole game for Germany, scored a volley and then was central to his side conceding 4 goals. The BBC laid the blame for Sweden’s last at the feet (or head) of Per, but as usual it was lazy journalism.

Mr Giroud came on as sub for Benzema to score a lovely goal. On the pitch for just 10 minutes he was very active and involved. A Ribery cross was deftly guided (with some power) into the far corner of Casillas’s net. A good lesson for the Arsenal wide-men; put in a decent cross and Giroud with score. In my opinion, he could be the best attacking header of the ball we have seen since Alan Smith.

Gervinho had a troubled night in Senegal. From what I saw he had a very good game and played wide left. Senegal played a pressing game and The Swerve Β was Ivory Coast’s main outlet. Sadly, the game ended badly after the Senegal fans rioted.

Ramsey’s Wales won and lost. The Ox is benched for tonight’s match in Poland. Podolski was a German sub. Cazorla came on as sub for Spain – some nice touches but not particularly influential. Koscielny gave a way a dreadful penalty which Fabregas missed.

As far as I can find out, no-one was injured though Theo will be out for at least 3 games.

Written very hastily by Big Raddy

122 Responses to Wilshere to start on Saturday and International Report

1. Thanks Raddy and GiE for the posts, a break-down in comminucation meant that both got published ………. one only briefly though so I apologise if there was any confusion.

Raddy’s today and GiE’s tomorrow hopefully, as long as I can restore it 😳

2. TotalArsenal says:

Nice one Raddy πŸ™‚

In all the years of supporting Arsenal, I have been excited about many players, but every few years there comes a player to the fore who gets me really, really excited. Obviously this includes Bergkamp, Henry, Pires, Cole, Vieira, Fabregas and a few others, but I have had the same feeling with little Jack Wilshere.

His technical and tactical ability are sublime and you can just see what a fine player he is going to be once he is fully fit again. He was our best player against Barca at home a couple of seasons ago, and that tells us all we need to know. There are no tougher tests.

You are right, he won’t start, but hopefully soon the Giant Killer is back. He is the sort of player people come to matches for, as is Fabregas. πŸ™‚

3. glic says:

Thanks Raddy

Rumour has it ,that a behind closed doors games Vs chavs is being set up to give Jack more comeback time. As most have said, with our current strength in the middle, there is time to intergrate him gradually.
    There is a lot of hype about Jack and only last week there was an article from some top mag ( cant remember which one ) saying he was just behind Messi, Ronaldo and Neymar as the worlds top footballing assets.
    Personally, I think only a health/injury problem will stop him becoming an Arsenal all time great !.
    I have watched for 50 years and imo, he is the best I`ve seen come through the youth set-up.

4. olu says:

Let jack start .the game and and. Try control mid fild

glic. neigh, neigh and thrice neigh ….

If LJW can become as good as Liam then we are in for a treat. In my eyes Liam Brady was the best young player seen at AFC (in my lifetime) and then there is O’Leary and TA. Both brilliant players – TA captain before his 21st birthday, and whisper it – Ashley is quite good.

6. well come jack we will be the champion

7. rhyle says:

Good read, as always, Raddy. Hope Wilshere isn’t affected long term by his injury – as I mentioned yesterday he’s certainly displayed the potential to be a top-drawer player – more, for me, in the style of Arteta’s current role, box to box, breaking down the other teams play and opening us up going forward…he really could be that player…

Have only seen Giroud’s goal v Spain – hopefully boost his confidence and we’ll see a different player in front of goal from here on…that’s 2 in 2 for him, isn’t it? WHU / Spain are very different opponents but scoring’s scoring!

Just heard that Fabianski has done his ankle ligaments in training…will be out for a while…if only we had a couple of decent keepers to take his place…

I am glad to read that someone remembers Liam Brady’s time at Arsenal as a player correctly.

9. Red Arse says:

Nice one Randy! πŸ™‚

Umm, were you inferring Glic is a little hoarse with your neigh, neigh and thrice neigh?

There’s nay need to respond to that!! πŸ˜†

10. Red Arse says:

TA,

I would probably say that Liam B is our best ‘academy player’, so far, as he has the history to prove it.

However, I agree with your point that L’il Jack ranks right up there with many of the best players to have graced our club!! πŸ™‚

“Per Mertesacker who played the whole game for Germany, scored a volley”

This just makes me laugh. The BFG scoring a volley, hilarious. I haven’t seen it does any one know if he swivelled 180 and then met it? Lol

12. evonne says:

Really? Jack is back this Sat? Marvellous, can hardly wait. Thanks Raddy

LB – re yesterday’s roof – it would suit the Poles if the game was postponed for a month or so; at least 2 key players would be back from injury.

RA. It was deliberate and a reference to Frankie Howard who was a star of British comedy in the ’70’s +

though I like your play on words

14. henrychan - indonesia says:

Let him (wilshere) play even just for 10 minutes left..
    He need the atmosphere..
    Play him 2 times as subs just for 10-15 minutes.. And 2 times for 30-45 minutes..
    He will be great.. just as he always did..
    Go Gunners..

15. Red Arse says:

Glicster,

You will have to stop writing comments like the one at 10:36, or you will get a reputation as a seriously perspicacious dude!! πŸ™‚

Jack still needs to produce the goods, but like you I think he is the best young player I have seen coming thru the youth set up.

I never saw Cole or the fabulous Liam Brady at that age, but Jack must rank there or thereabouts!

Well, sticking the tail on the donkey, I would expect to see Jack make his first appearence against Reading in the League Cup.

17. Red Arse says:

Randy,

To be candid, I knew full well what you meant (tho I only know Howerd by reputation) but it gave me the option to horse around! πŸ™‚

Sorry if it came out differently. 😦

18. glic says:

Redders
    I can be serious, I have it in my locker, it`s next to Budhist Steve`s fake Budha ( I cant believe it`s not Budha )
    Raddy is right, Brady proved he was a great player ( I still think he was a taitor for leaving us at the time ! πŸ‘Ώ ), but Jack has the potential to be as good and maybe better.

19. TotalArsenal says:

Hi RA πŸ™‚

Liam Brady is well before my Arsenal time, so I cannot pass judgement. You need to have experienced (the development of) a player in order to value him. That’s why I can never really say Cruijff was one of the best players I have ever watched. I was just too young to make that call.

Below a link with a summary of Germany’s game against the Swedes – including the BFG’s goal and a bit of interviewing (for those who understand German).

20. glic says:

a taitor ?, was he a closet spud ? hahaha

21. TotalArsenal says:

To see the summary of the game you need to click on the second ‘box’: ‘Video Deutsche verspielen 4:0-Fuhrung’.

RA. And I am sorry if I was teaching you to suck eggs (which is a strange expression in itself)

I expect JW to play a half hour in the Reading game

HenryChan. You are right about how to introduce JW to the PL. But who gets dropped?

24. glic says:

I wonder how many pages Jack will get through in half an hour in the Reading game ? , Is it at the Library ?

25. henrychan - indonesia says:

Big Raddy.. I must say Diaby..
    They both had an injury problem.. So they can replaced one another.. Or sometimes play together and give Arteta some rest..
    Go Gunners..

26. I will be happy if i see Jack w come’s back

Thanks Raddy

Wilshere or Brady? For me it will always be Brady, i grew up on the bloke. Well not litretrely, but you know what i mean.

Bit worried about Kos. This is a classic example of a guy not finding his best form because hes not playing enough. he looks a bit reckless at the minute.

28. Red Arse says:

Kos is really worried Terry and it is playing on his mind, because he has heard that you think his Mrs is a cracker, and he is worried about the competition.

Not from you, necessarily, but he fears your syrup is unbeatable! πŸ™‚

29. T.Gerry says:

Let him play 15 minutes from a substitution.

30. Red Arse says:

That sounds like a good idea, T. Gerry.

I would be surprised if Arsene takes the risk tho.

31. Gooner In Exile says:

Afternoon all, nice post Raddy, Jack back Saturday? Not for me, wait for a home game and give him ten minutes at the end with a hopefully rapturous reception.

Shalke on Wednesday? Might be enough to encourage me to look for a ticket.

As for the rest of the internationals, one hope is everyone else returns for and BSR gets a hamstring pull.

32. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches I’ll drop into the post later from a PC and take the scheduling out, maybe even add some pics. It was a bit of a rush job so I may look for a bit more detail and fact to support.

Nice one BR
    As most people have already said – let’s keep Jack in cotton wool until we know he’s ready.

We’re doing fine without him so there’s no need to rush.

TA
    Was BFG deemed to be at fault for any of the Swedish goals?

LB
    I saw BFG’s volley – he swivelled at least 90 degrees before unleashing a fearsome shot from about 10 yards that bobbled over the line πŸ™‚

34. TotalArsenal says:

Hi Rocky πŸ™‚

Der Mertesacker lost the aerial battle with Ibrahimovic for the fourth goal, so you could say he was at fault to some extent. But the ball was allowed to drop in the German box and the unmarked Elm had an unhindered shot that the defence also failed to block.

In general, the Germans lacked organisation and Per cannot be seen as blameless for that. But his fellow CB had a big nightmare of a game.

35. I forgot to announce this morning that today was our 1,001st post, actually in truth I didn’t notice that yesterday’s was the one thousanth post.

Huge thanks have to go to everyone who offers to write a post and those who succumb to my ‘peachganging’. Without all of you and those who return to comment each day there would be no blog so thank you again πŸ˜€

36. Incase anyone hasn’t noticed JW and Bacary Sagna played 90minutes in a friendly against the chavs this afternoon. Lost 2-0 though 😦

37. GiE – text me before you try to get into your post as I’ve had to hide it because it got published by mistake πŸ™‚

Afternoon all,

Thanks for the post Raddy, I agree with those who say don’t rush LJ back – 20 minutes against Reading seems likely.

On another note, the press release by the Serbian FA is a disgrace. I thought the decision to give Oman the WC was bad enough, but if FIFA and/or UEFA fail to impose heavy sanctions on the Serbs then our game is institutionally corrupt and biased.

Despite video footage of Nazi salutes, monkey chants and missiles coming onto the pitch this is what the Serbian FA had to say…….

“Making connection between the seen incident – a fight between members of the two teams – and racism has absolutely no ground and we consider it to be a total malevolence.

“Unfortunately, after the fourth minute of the additional time and the victory goal scored by the guest team, unpleasant scenes were seen on the pitch.

“And while most of the English team players celebrated the score, their player number three, Danny Rose, behaved in inappropriate, unsportsmanlike and vulgar manner towards the supporters on the stands at the stadium in Krusevac, and for that he was shown a red card.”

1001st Post.

Wow.

A big thank you to Peaches, Rasp and all the site Founders for giving us such a great playground to play in.

Or should be 1002, with GiE’s “now you see it, now you don’t” Post πŸ™‚

Hi Rocky, I think it’s a case of us standing on the shoulders of giants – thanks to you and all the other great writers who have been so generous with their time and talent πŸ˜›

I see The Ox is on the bench against Poland – hopefully that will mean that AW will consider starting him against Norwich.

I’m 80% sure Theo will be going at Christmas so regular match time (without overplaying) is what The Ox needs.

44. TotalArsenal says:

Hear, hear Rocky. 1001 posts and over 2.5m views is a fantastic achievement. Congratulation to Rasp and Peaches and the rest! πŸ™‚

45. TotalArsenal says:

Hi Rasp πŸ™‚

Re your 3.57 comment: all very sad and, like you, I hope proper punishment will follow. A total disgrace. 😦

Hi TA, I understand that Serbia are already on a ‘last chance’ follow previous racist behaviour. A fine is totally useless and will have no effect on the fans, a ban from international football is the only logical sanction.

Senegal have been banned from the next Africa Cup of Nations after their crowd (and players’) behaviour in the Ivory Coast match.

It’s a clear precedent – and Serbia should now be booted out of the next WC.

Er…

Don’t know if anyone else has noticed, but England are PANTS.

Rooney – decent player but really nothing special.

(He’ll probably score a hat trick now).

I agree Rocky. Unfortunately Platini and Blatter appear to have their own agendas when to comes to European sides.

Rooney and the Ox combined very well against SM, Rooney and Milner …. I don’t think so πŸ˜•

Rasp
    “against SM” πŸ˜€

Haha – Rooney gets the first of his hat trick πŸ™‚

54. Red Arse says:

How many comments, Rasper? πŸ™‚

Hi RA, just approaching 150,000 comments

Rasp
    Is that 150,000 from Redders?
    How many have been in verse form?

57. evonne says:

I hope you are wrong Rocky and Rooney does not score a hattrich. Come on Poland!!!!

πŸ˜† Rocky, only 148,000 of them were from Redders. 45% were verse (thanks Redders) and 45% were perverse (thanks glic πŸ˜› )

59. evonne says:

Rasp πŸ™‚

60. TotalArsenal says:

Unfortunately, Rasp, it is a country were lessons are constantly being refused to be learned (not my best English, I am afraid). They have a bit of a ‘Milwall’ attitude and further isolation is the likely outcome. 😦

Maybe I should watch an Emir Kusturica film again to help me make a bit of sense of it all.

61. TotalArsenal says:

Rocky, Rasp πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

evonne
    Polska are playing with a lot of spirit.
    But I’m afraid they deserve to lose purely on the basis of Grozicki’s haircut πŸ™‚

63. Red Arse says:

Rasp,

One of my proudest achievements was when you told me i had typed the 50,000th some time ago.

What I need is a clue to how many to go before we hit the 150,000th comment.

If it is me that hits the target, Rock Music says he will buy me a slap up celebration at The Strip House, where you can probably get the best steak in NYC. πŸ˜†

(There could be a drink in this for you — nudge, nudge) πŸ™‚

OK Redders get counting, 1,423 to go after this one. I’m going to put money on you at Ladbrokes – don’t let me down πŸ˜•

65. evonne says:

Rocky – yeah, the Poles like their spirits a’right. I think Boruc was in a rehab

Do you recon that Rooney’s tuppe looks better?

66. Red Arse says:

Half time and I can give you an unbiased summary, admittedly having only one eye on the screen, and one eye on the laptop — oooh that’s difficult!! πŸ™‚

England were mostly crap — Poland were mostly O.K. — the score? how did that happen.

Still I am sure you guys are good with that!! πŸ™‚

67. Red Arse says:

A cop was sitting on his horse directing traffic at an event when a lovely little girl drew up on her brand new bike, and stopped to await his signal.

‘Nice bike,’ the cop said. ‘Did Santa bring it to you?’

‘Yes Sir,’ the little girl said, ‘he sure did!’

The cop looked the bike over and handed
    the girl a Β£5 ticket for a safety violation.

The cop said, ‘Give this to your Dad, and next year, tell Santa to put
    a reflector light on the back of it!’

The young girl looked up at the cop and said,
    ‘Nice horse you’ve got there Sir. Did Santa bring it to you?’

Playing along with the girl, the cop chuckled and answered,
    ‘Yes, he sure did!’

The little girl looked up at the cop and said:

‘Well, next year tell Santa; The dick goes underneath the horse, not on top’!!!

68. glic says:

Although I want my Country to win, I just dont get any excitement watching shite like that !. Is it only San Marino that we can keep possession against ?. Carrick is Englands Pirlo ! hahaha

Haha evonne
    Fair point.
    Based on Cashley’s barnet, England deserve to lose too!

GLiC
    We’re spoilt from watching the mighty Arse – who play the game so much better than England ever can.

71. Red Arse says:

Glic, what are you doing playing for Poland?

Every time I have a sip of coffee I hear ‘intercepted by Glic’.

You never warned us Evonne!! πŸ™‚

72. evonne says:

dawajcie chlopaki, jeszcze jeden!!!

73. glic says:

I dont even take that comment in jest Rocky, `coz it`s true !

That Bastard , my nephew Glik ( I wonder if he`s on the Polish AA site ), just blocked a nice cross and saved a certain goal for England.
    Redders has a relative playing for the Poles aswell, O`Braniac !.
    Bollix , my nephew scored ! 😦

74. evonne says:

RA – I am ashamed to admit that I don’t know most Polish players 😦 love them though, my DNA πŸ™‚

And Glik scores ….

76. glic says:

Sorry chas, evonne loves Glik !

77. Red Arse says:

On the evidence of this game, I can quite see why Lescott cannot get a game for Man City.

Thank goodness the Doomers did not get their way when they were howling for him to ‘bolster’ our defence a couple of years ago.

Come on Oxo — we need some Arsenal inspiration in a dreadful game!!

78. glic says:

It`s never been a problem Rasp !, hahaha

We’re bound to win now we’ve got the Ox in the box

80. glic says:

That effing Glik is getting on my tits !. hahaha

81. glic says:

I should imagine Glik is the Polish for Handsome Bastard, no need to confirm evonne, It`s obvious ! . hahaha

82. evonne says:

sorry Glic, but Glik is a meaningless name in polish. Important goal though

83. glic says:

How dare you evonne ! hahaha

Welll done raddy on saving us again even if it was rushed πŸ™‚

What a crap display by England and the polish goal reminded me of mannone against Chelsea.

By the way who was the last italian we signed before Vito.

The trouble with The Ox is that he reads the game so well many of his passes go astray as the others haven’t got his forsight.

I got beaten to the GLIC comments as I have just logged on

85. glic says:

The fitting irony on this site, that England get stuffed by the probing penetrative pole of Glik !. hahaha

86. jnyc says:

Hey Raddy. Good post as always. Who is calling for jack to play already? People are such idiots sometimes. I say lets be extra careful with him.

87. TotalArsenal says:

No more interlull till 22 March 2013 – yippee! πŸ™‚

Evonne, well done Poland: a good fight back and a deserved point. πŸ™‚

88. Red Arse says:

Steady on, Johnny, πŸ™‚

People calling for the return of Jack W are possibly too keen? – too impatient? – wishful? OK, maybe.

But idiots? No.

TA
    Arseblog said this morning that there’s another round of international friendlies scheduled for the middle of next month. Bloody ridiculous. 😦

90. GiE – I’ve rescued your post so you can play with it whenever. Rasp has added a poll.

91. TotalArsenal says:

Hi Rocky, that’s blo*dy right! 😦

On 14th November, a Wednesday, there is a friendly between England and Sweden. The good thing is on either side we play a London derby home game – first Fulham and then the Spuds. So, no interlull as such; just another risk of one of our players getting injured…

92. Hi Peaches i’ll dive in and have a look.

I think you’re right, BR.

Jack’ll be wittering on at AW with the news that he’s fit and ready to get back into first team action. Hopefully he’ll be eased back in to make sure everything is flowing smoothly.

Before the C1 Cup game at Reading we have Naarrich, Schalke and QPR. I can’t see him not being on the bench for at least one of them.

Here’s the Sack swivelling 360 degrees to volley home.

94. jnyc says:

RA, well said as usual, you know i can be a tiny touch indelicate.
    Anyway, im sure Arsene will do the right thing. It would all be easier if Rosicky would get back. I worry about over playing Santi because he is so important to us. I was annoyed that he had to play another full match yesterday. does anyone know anything new on Rosicky situation?

I haven’t failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work. – πŸ™‚

Where’s GM?

Maybe he’s on strike during the interlull.

97. Irishgunner says:

Evening all – think its about time FIFA and UEFA actually did something in regards to Serbia and other FAs who refuse to even acknowledge racism. That statement is a disgrace. Thing is, we are dealing with the same associations that tried to ban Togo from competition after they went home from the ACN after some of their team members got killed when their bus was shot at…

As for Jack, so very excited to have him back. I saw some highlights of his first game back and he seems to have lost none of his bite. Any reports on today’s game?

98. Irishgunner says:

GM is busy creating works of art πŸ™‚

99. If Serbia are not kicked out of the qualifiers for all competitions for the next 2 years it is a mockery. Even a points deduction for all teams in all competitions is not sufficient now.

But it is also time for the English FA to take a stand (but to do it joining forces with others like Holland, France etc) and refuse to play games against teams like Serbia, on the first hint of racial abuse the players should leave the field.

This should also be done at club level, it is time for change, the Serbian response is an outrage, and got my blood boiling when i heard it earlier.

100. But lets also be clear, there are plenty of journalists who have taken JT’s side in his recent actions, if he appeals i think the FA should quadruple both his ban and fine, that is zero tolerance.

101. Peaches i’m done in the post

102. Irishgunner says:

At least Terry and Suarez were investigated – England FA are trying to prevent a return to the bad days, an effort is something. Serbia’s denial is a disgrace, you can’t deny that was wrong. Their player’s tried to attack the England set-up.

103. Gooner In Exile says:

Can’t disagree with that Irish, but as you said last night their is a hypocrisy in our reporting.

The diving diacussions of recent weeks were lead by expros blaming foreign players or at least the influence of foreign players, despite the best exponents in the EPL being British..

For example Suarez’s dive against Stoke was a disgrace, whilst MotD pundits laughed at Bale “avoiding” the Villa keeper.

Thankfully I’ve never heard any in my years attending Arsenal….I know I’m very lucky….but I still hear it whispered in the workplace. Ok that’s progress they know its wrong, does mean unfortunately prejudice is still there.

The biggest laugh I get is when I have heard English people proclaim the wonders of living in Australia and their choice to live there because they don’t have an influx of “foreigners”.

I can’t wait 2 see jw on d pitch

Morning all.
    Well done Rocky, Daddy and GiE for getting us through these dark days.
    Didn’t see the England game, but its great news that Jack is close and that we came through the Internationals without injuries.
    Onwards to Saturday.

GiE,
    Think for a moment about the type of Englishman who moves to Australia. He does not have family that he likes and loves too much, and neither does he have any friends he likes and loves either.

107. Red Arse says:

Morning Micky, πŸ™‚

Very deep thoughts on a wet morning! πŸ™‚

108. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning all, Micky that’s very perceptive.

There are pics on the Arsenal website of Jack, Bac and Frimpong playing against that Chelsea XI.

RA,
    Deep puddles, shallow thoughts!
    Damn this wet end of the country. Two day’s ago, and with time on my hands, I was prancing merrily along The Embankment towards The Tate with blue skies above and crispy autumnal leaves below.
    The moment I hit Devon yesterday, the wipers went on top speed.
    Now, where’s that emigration form?

DidIt’s daily beard #2

His wife is beaming with pride and obviously loves the effect of this superb effort as shown by the slight hint of an enigmatic smile.

Oi Chas,
    Saw that yesterday. Daddy is the beard man!

112. evonne says:

It is official – the most expensive home game AND season tickets are at the…… Ems!!! Hey, we win something!!

113. evonne says:

I hate any facial hair, on men or women, so much bacteria thrieves around mouth and nose, and breeds in the hairy areas….off to puke…

Micky,
    Ok, I’ll stop.

Off to grow a beard. πŸ™‚

116. evonne says:

no more snogging then Chas πŸ™‚

117. Victor onyango says:

I suggest j w to start this saturday

118. Gooner In Exile says:

Lech Walesa am cry

119. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Evonne !!! (*blushing smiley face*)

120. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Fantastic goal from ‘the new Chamakh’ the other night.

Just how stoooopid does someone have to be to compare Giroud and Chamakh…??

Top class movement, followed by a top quality header.

Fantasy skipper this Sat..??

New Post ……………………