Let’s Get Bendy.

Now what I mean by “bendy” is “rubbery”, “elastic” or “flexible”.

You see, shit happens. Last term, we had Santos/Gibbs at LB, Verm, Kos, JD and Mert for the two CB slots and Sagna/Jenks at RB. And yet, within seven minutes of the season kicking off, we had the Assistant Groundsman at RB.

Also, I’m convinced Arteta was bought as a Nasri/Cesc AM replacement. He moved further back, and what a revelation he was.

A few days ago, I was going to ask everyone here to be Manager for a moment and list their starting elevens for the first game and also to layout the formations. There would not have been many alike.

Yesterday, LB suggested as a “maybe” a back four of Verm, Kos, Mert and Sagna. It works, as does a three of Verm, Mert and Kos, or Santos, Verm, Mert and Jenks. And, and, and….

Ah ha, the midfield three. Oh heck. How about Song as a lone DM with Diaby and Ox in front. Arteta and Song deep with Rosicky ahead. Hey, did you see Italy? What was Pirlo doing that Jack could not?

And up top. Oh jeepers. Most appear to have Pod on the left with Giroud in the middle. Really? Ever seen Pod beating the RB for speed and putting in the perfect cross. I haven’t. On the other hand, I have watched him banging them in time and time again for a very poor team. Guess what, in virtually every clip he comes from central or from the right!

Now consider my opening gambit of our defensive injury woes of last season. Well, we are not alone. City had FB issues and Utd CB problems. In other words, many elastic line ups should allow us the options of exploiting the opposition weaknesses.

Say we are playing against a third choice stick insect of a right back. By all means release the muscle boy from Germany down the left. If on the other hand their third choice RB is built like Sonny Liston and has the turn of speed of a JCB, play Gerv.

The single most important aspect is that all eleven are fully committed to the cause, and that quality abounds throughout the squad.

I still think Nasri was right when he implied that were it true that he was simply picking up the weekly package at Arsenal, then he would not have been alone.

The way I see things right now is that the dutch bloke will be flogged, and what we get for him will have paid for Giroud and Podolski. Let’s off load a few more. Bring in some more quality and away we go.

Finally, to put some cash where my mouth is, I have a brilliant idea. For two sodding years I’ve been saying “Get Vertonghen”. There is no bendier player than he. 6’2”, fast, strong, great feet, great in the air, Verm type piledriver of a shot and can play anywhere across the back, as DM, and almost certainly in goal as well!

Oh, and yes, let’s take a punt on Oscar. Just to add a sprinkling of Brazilian magic dust. Not forgetting of course, that those cretins from down the road are rumoured to be after both, and this Arsenal thing in our lives is about having some fun after all.

Written by MickyDidIt89

158 Responses to Let’s Get Bendy.

1. barumgooner says:

Brilliant Micky. I cant understand how we have allowed Vertonghen to slip through our fingers, he would be perfect, with either him or Verm taking on the dm role. It is a sad indictment of the club that we have so many “top” players who simply dont feel enough for the club….but If thats the way they feel then they are no loss and Wenger needs to get rid and re-build with players who are winners not whingers. I do still think we have a fantastic chance with the squad we have but it is tainted with a lot of panic-buys and players who we had to use due to having no funds available to get the quality needed. These players HAVE to be unloaded this year and one-or two top quality additions made.

2. Gooner In Exile says:

One order of business before reading postage from Micky(DidntSee)MickyDoingIt.

I linked to the article in the Mail but RA had referenced it at 7:55am I just gave a more direct link.

3. Gooner In Exile says:

Thanks for the post Micky but I want more Germans…. 🙂

I like their efficiency (apart from the semi final obviously) and their sense of the team game.

I like Muller I don’t know why I just do and if Theo decides to join the gravy train I’d like us to tempt Munich.

4. rhyle says:

Micky…good read and a great surprise – I was foaming at the mouth at the prospect of someone advocating that we give Bendtner a starting berth! 😉

5. oz gunner says:

like rhyle i too was thrown off. I like the idea because versatility in players is a great asset. Something that Arsene does often e.g playing Jack further back to become more of a complete midfielder or gibbs the winger to LB.

@ GiE

I agree, i love the german team and how they go about it, stuff M’Vila lets slap a 20 million tag on RVP and smash our record fee by bringing in Bastian haha. But in all seriousness there is a lot of quality in their team, Ozil (the bug) included

6. richie says:

@GIE thanks for the great link to the dailymailArse article its well written and logical which ain’t always the case when linking jurno’s to Arsenal it pulls all the strings together and ties them into a neat bow. It should be read by all! Along with my take on Jabba the Uzz of course. 🙂

7. TotAl says:

Hi Micky 🙂

Thanks for a fantastic post about an important issue. I guess it will be a lot easier to be bendy once we have an established team/first 11, but this could take a while 😦

An establish back-five would be nice for a start!

It was so apparent last season that we dropped in form and results as soon as we had a long term injury to one or two key players (Sagna, Mertesacker, Arteta).

Arsene organises his tactics around an all encompassing system of football and does seldom or never adjust it in order to deal with a certain opponent’s strengths and/or weaknesses. So I can see him changing/bending formations to do just that. However, I hope he will be able to make his team better at dealing with injuries/suspensions to key players next season, so we can avoid the initial dips as much as possible. Easier said than done, though!

8. TotAl says:

* So I canNOT see him changing/bending formations…..

9. richie says:

Sorry you guys but I ain’t sold on Vertonghen, and neither are any of the Dutch Ajax fans I know. They can’t wait for someone, anyone to take him off their hands. They certainly didn’t have that same view when we first came knocking at their door cash in hand for Vermaelen, they were pissed at losing their best defender. He our “TV5” they didn’t want lose “Vertigo” they are more than happy to part with.

10. barumgooner says:

chesney
    sagna jenks
    gibbs santos
    bfg kos verm
    arteta jack rambo song pingpong
    theo gerv rosicky
    pod giroud afobe

Are we really that far away ?
    A backup keeper, 4th central defender and a quality midfielder and its as good a squad as we have had in a long time imo. We need to go back to basics with honest genuine hard-work and fighting spirit.

11. Gooner In Exile says:

Laughable:

Altho if we could convince Mario to take a 50% pay cut then I’m in 🙂 Arsene likes tempering a bad boy

12. TotAl says:

Hi Barum, don’t forget the Ox and Le Coq. Agreed not that far off at all!

Hi Richie, I have heard different things about Vertonghen from friends in Holland.

13. Gooner In Exile says:

Richie I agree not necessarily because I don’t rate Vertoghnen but firstly we have, Kozzer, TV5, BFG and Miquel (and maybe Bartley) waiting in the wings. But wasn’t he quoted as saying Spuds were first choice. Not the best introduction to the club. 🙂

14. richie says:

@ TotAl Thats something one hell of a lot of our own haven’t picked up on. Arsene Wenger doesn’t change our formations depending on who we are facing. He often picks the same team against Stoke (Chosen coz everyone hate Stoke don’t they)? as he would against Manu’er (Chozen coz everyone hates Manu’er don’t they)? He always wants our team to consentrate on their own performance and not their opponents, believing that if our team performance is good enough it should beat anything placed in its way. He’s not nor has he ever been a tinker man (a la Ranieri) he always puts out what he considers are his best 11 available players.
    Personel don’t change according to who we face and neither does our tactic’s. We play as we are always set up to play.

Brief stop for the taxi man.
    Richie,
    Interesting views from the Ajax friends. I have seen him play for Belgium only, but although Ajax fans may not be that impressed as a first choice, for us he would be a multi-functional back-up, but one who I suspect would still get plenty of pitch time as we attack trophies on all fronts.

GiE,
    So he changes his mind and realises he made a massive error of judgement.
    Why aren’t you out in that sun?

17. richie says:

Just to clarify from what I’ve seen of Vertonghen he looks o.k. but nothing to write home about.

Richie
    Let’s just agree that he’s better than the Assistant Groundsman as a stand-in Right Back 🙂

19. richie says:

@MickyDidIt89 Like GIE I don’t see the point in shelling out for a jack of all trades that hasn’t impressed me, nor my Dutch Ajax watching mates when we already have a bucket load of good young options in Miguel & Bartley both of who I rate.

20. barumgooner says:

Total, I knew i had forgotten some1. I like the look of Miquel GIE but he’s off out on loan isn’t he ? and Bartley will more than likely be sold due to his affliction (being English) as will Lansbury. I’ve not seen Vertonghen play but would rather him than Djourou. Not that I dislike JD just that he is another of the players who are good but not good enough. These are the players imo that the “stars” dont like seeing in the team, If RVP is genuine in his statement it would be due to too many failures not being moved on and replaced.

21. oz gunner says:

I agree, bugger vert off, we have Bartley and Miquel ready to step up. Save 15 million and spend it elsewhere. I really do hope he doesn’t end up at the spuds though, or even better he goes there and ends up as a flop.

22. Tony says:

afternoon all, how are we?

Micky, you b**stard… 🙂 talk about a decieving headline… you have bent it like….well bendy.. love your work mate

Richie, im sorry but your mates couldnt be more wrong.. just as Arsenal have fans who have weird opinions of certain players in our squad..

De Boer and Dennis Bergkamp have both come out previously and stated that Vertonghen is more of a talent and danger than TV5..that he is a more complete defender than TV5 and they fought furiously last summer to keep him at the club…on top of that he became club captain..

To me that says that he is both organised and leads from the back, on top of that his goal scoring record ain’t too bad for a centre back..The fact that he can be utilised along the whole back line of defence is not something to rubbish as we have seen TV5 and Kozzer and JD struggle out of position..

me personally, i trust the man who till this day stands out head n shoulders above anyone else when it comes to vision on the pitch..If Bergkamps vision on the pitch was masterclass, than i trust his vision off the field/ and eyeing up talent..
    But like GiE has stated, his introduction to Arsenal fans by way of his admiration for the enemy is NOT a good start and needs therapy to undo the brainwash he has endured…

Different strokes for different blokes 😉

Micky, when is your next meeting with Boro Primorac 😉

23. Tony says:

Oz,
    lets be real…you would bugger off every possible target until you were left with 3… Schweinsteiger, Draxler and Dean Cox hahahaha

24. Gooner In Exile says:

Micky I’ve cut down the forest, weeded and in between whilst on fag breaks the phone was out to keep up to date with goings on on here.

Not sure if Miquel is going on loan, apparently Brighton are interested but it appears to be as left back which is not going to be his position. He is going to be a very classy centre back….altho there is an issue he is another of the Barca boys who was told not good enough and Arsene stepped in, when we’ve nurtured him what will the DNA pull be if they decide they want him back.

As for Bartley, I think he still has a future at the club, big strong defender who has had a good learning curve in Div 1 and lately SPL. Hopefully he has a future, only recently turned 21 so time yet.

25. Tony says:

GiE,
    i really enjoyed reading your headline post that you linked this morning and its very hard to argue with the points you had/ have made..what i found fascinating was reading peoples comments back then..especially being in the window and Cesc still on the payroll and deciding whether or not we were to take 2 team photos (one with cesc/one without)..also

good call on T.Muller for Theo should that bridge arrive..i cant think of a more natural replacement for Theo and a genuine back up for a striker slot as he has done in the past for Munich…but something tells me that that breed of player loves his club and country too much to move..German playing for Bayern and Germany is like a Spaniard playing for Barca and Spain

26. Tony says:

i thought Brighton took Wayne Bridge on loan…isn’t he a left back?

27. barumgooner says:

I’d have to admit that I think the priority still has to be getting rid of the deadwood ahead of bringing in new blood. Thats not saying I dont want one or two fresh faces but we have at least half a dozen players who need to be gone soon.

Nice one Micky (and a cheeky headline)
    If we shift more towards a Germany-at-Euros style of play rather than Barcelona-lite I think we will see some success.

I’m on holiday (in a cottage by a lake) with dodgy Internet access so apologies if I’m not around much. What with keeping one eye on AA and one eye out for bears it’s a bit tricky 🙂

LB – I really enjoyed your Post yesterday. Taken with Micky’s today they both further reinforce my optimism for the season ahead.

I think we have a great chance of being Champions even without any more signings – and if we do get in a couple more quality additions I’ll be expecting William Hill to pay out before the season even starts.

29. Tony says:

i hate the off season… ive become that desperate that i would wake up at 4am to see squillaci, chamach, and park don the Arsenal kit

30. richie says:

@Tony forget what Bergy & De Boer say have you seen him play?
    If so what was there to write home about? I’ve seen him play a good few times for Ajax while my knowledgable dutch mates point out his flaws. Both the Iceman and the diamond seller are ex Ajax players who work for the club and its widely known Vertonghen is for sale, as loyal member of staff they are hardly likely to say “We don’t rate Vertigo too Highly” are they? (Get it verigo too highly oh never mind) A case in point Vertonghen said he thought the deal for him to move to the Tiny Totts would’ve already been done and he was disappointed that Ajax didn’t want to give him the 15% of the transfer fee he thought he was entitled to. Ajax said they didn’t mind Vertigo getting 15% but it wasn’t coming out of their end. They reiterated Vertigo could still leave but if he wanted 15% of their transfer receipts he’d have to negociate for it with the club he was being sold to. As with Arsene’s statement concerning RvP being made to see out his contract so Ajax said Vertigo would continue playing out his contract until he was sold for their asking price. In that atmosphere how could B & D B say anything other than great player? Best we’ve got! After all this Vertonghen stew has been on the boil for a good while now.

31. TotAl says:

Hi Richie,

Did your friends tell you Vertonghen became Dutch footballer of the year in 2011-12? Now I know the Dutch competition is not rated that highly in Europe, but you really don’t get voted footballer of the year that easily in Holland (it’s professional footballers who vote for this accolade).

He also became Dutch champions with Ajax for the second time in a row, conceding 36 goals in 34 games last season – and Holland has a goal-rich/attack minded competition. Vertonghen scored 1 goal in every four games and he has been their captain.

Ajax are simply worried he leaves next season on a free transfer, as he made it clear he wants to move on. The fact that he wants to leave Ajax – four times CL winner – for the Spuds, tells us a lot about his mental capacity. He is not the brightest spark, me thinks. 🙂

I am sure with his physical attributes he would do well in the PL. However, I am very happy with our CB’s currently (including JD as back up) and only if we can get Vermaelen to become our pit-bull terrier DM next season, I cannot see us spending that sort of money on him.

Well that’s that then 🙂

I’m going back to my tarty post titles. More sizzling redheads and their chums!

I reckon there’s a more topical post lurking in the billionnaire arena. I mean, how differently would we feel if SK’s rival was not a Fatty but a lifelong Gunner? Any?

Taxi awaits.
    Charriots away!

36. Gooner In Exile says:

Micky can’t the Queen put some cash in? Being a Gooner she could mortgage Buck Palace, Charles and Co won’t need the inheritance. Perhaps she could do it on an equity release scheme.

37. herbsarmy says:

Having had a few days to let all the news sink in with regard to RvP and R & W Holdings ‘open’ letter to the BoD’s etc. it has certainly struck many chords of furore from the Arsenal fan base.
    At the heart of the angst is that RvP has been at the club for 8 years, most of them injured, and that his recent statement smacks of hypocrisy and disloyalty. Overall his total appearances work out at an average of 15 games a season, he’s had the best medical care in the world, Arsene Wenger has shown incredible faith and patience to allow him to become the player he is today, and he has been very well rewarded financially, given that he was on the treatment table when he signed his last contract in 2009.
    But if we take the emotion out of the equation, as ill-advised as he might have been over the content/timing of his statement, all he has really done is challenged Arsenal to be better. He didn’t say he wanted to leave, just that he wouldn’t sign a new contract because he fundamentally disagreed with how the AW and Ivan Gazidis were taking the club forward. Given the lack of transparency and communication between the club and supporters, the easiest option is to lay the blame firmly at van Persie’s door.
    Whilst I would be morally against Alisher Usmanov owning the club, his open letter asked many soul-searching questions about how we are run. Stan Kroenke used a loan to buy his ownership of Arsenal, making share-holders and the BoD £millions in profit. Part of the attraction for Kroenke owning Arsenal was that he was told he wouldn’t have to invest any of his own money into the purchasing of players, or players contracts and he obviously has no interest in attending games. He runs his American Sports franchises in exactly the same way, and his interest seems primarily only to procure profit rather than concerning himself with whether or not they are competitive on the field of play. Ivan Gazidis isn’t a football man either, he was Kroenke’s right hand man in America before becoming Arsenal CEO in 2008.
    Peter Hill-Wood didn’t really address the concerns of Usmanov’s letter, he merely defended the right of millionaire Board members to take even more millions and saying that at least we haven’t been relegated. In effect, he may have well as said we haven’t built a bigger stadium to compete at the top table, we’ve built a bigger stadium to make the BoD even more money because we can.
    Massive credit to Arsene Wenger for keeping Arsenal in the CL! He has made quite a few errors of judgement regarding certain players, but with the level of asset-stripping that’s been going on at Arsenal, he truly has turned water into wine. The Invincibles had four World Cup winners as well as Dennis Bergkamp, the one and only WC winner we’ve had recently couldn’t wait to leave.
    Another question is that if Arsene Wenger is the highest paid manager in the PL, is his silence being bought? Why else would he put up with this situation?
    PS – Nice Post Micky.

38. Shard says:

herb

Regarding the last part. Wenger hasn’t just been silent. Reference his impassioned speech to the shareholders about the vision of the club, and how he firmly believes in the self sustaining model, how it requires bravery and courage to face the many challenges, but ultimately that it can bring us success. He has said pretty much the same things about self sustainability in football in an interview in 2009 with Samuel at Daily Mail.

If you took your bitter jealousy of other peoples wealth out of the equitation, you would see just how flawed your suggestion is, that millionaire board members are taking even more millions out.

No board members are taking millions out. That’s one of the fundamental reasons they continue to get as much support as they do from people like me.

It is the fact that you do not name names and resort to sweeping statements that gives your jealousy towards other people’s success and wealth away.

40. rhyle says:

GiE…not an equity release scam…sorry, I mean scheme…they’re the only thing in the world that makes more people homeless than the conservative party…

The last thing we need is the Queen begging on the steps of Bank Station…

41. herbsarmy says:

Thanks Shard, though at that time of the interview we still had Fabregas, Clichy, Nasri and a fully committed van Persie.
    Interesting how he mentions his relationship changed with SAF because we are no longer a challenge to them.
    Good for you LB! I have no problem with rich people, just their lack of meaningful investment whilst being connected to Arsenal, which is why our best players want to leave. Do you have first-hand knowledge on Kroenke’s long-term vision for Arsenal? Is it a coincidence that so many ex-players are attacking Arsenal’s policy?

42. Gooner In Exile says:

The question is Herb will Usmanov be any different?

He is the only significant shareholder to suggest dividends be paid…why?

We are invested in like any PLC, Terry Leahy recently left Tesco sold out a lot of shares whilst at the top but still will not talk ill of the now under performing behemoth retailer…why? He loves it and doesn’t want to be seen to do down a company he is heavily invested in.

You could view Usmanovs statement as a ruse to wind up Arsenal fans into a frenzy of Kroenke out flags and then he may hope to pick up the rest of the shares cheaply. He could then decide self financing is fine, and that cash reserves would be better in his pocket.

As far as I’m aware the only loan Kroenke has taken to buy the shares is in the form of loan notes in KSE given in exchange for Nina Bracewell-Smith’s shares and that they were for the the benefit of Bracewell-Smiths eventual benefactors and her own tax burden.

And my final point is a question…why should we ask for a rich benefactor to pay for what we can’t afford on our own. How about instead we as fans pay for it. Would these fans be as keen to “spend some f***ing money” if it meant they had to pay twice as much through the turnstiles?

43. herbsarmy says:

I’m not overly keen on either Kroenke or Usmanov owning the club, GiE, in an ideal world every football club would be owned by their supporters. It seems to me that when we had to build a new stadium and sell off Highbury, Board members saw an opportunity to make themselves a tidy profit. If football was more important to them than money, they would have sold their shares to a football man, so it’s reasonable to assume that Arsenal’s welfare wasn’t really their concern.

44. Shard says:

If money was their sole concern, they would have sold to Usmanov who was offering more than Kroenke.

45. herbsarmy says:

He shows up at The Emirates a lot more than Kroenke, Shard.

46. Doesn’t really answer my final question Herb.

But i’ve never known Arsenal be owned by the fans, its always been owned by Board Members/Shareholders, we would have to rewrite 125 years of history to own our club. And if we did own it, how exactly would we afford to spend the kind of money the Sheikh’s do?

And given the disparity of opinion in the blog world on all matters Arsenal just how would any decisions get made? Would it all go to vote or would we have Presidential elections like they do in Spain?

47. Shard says:

Look that is one thing I attach no significance to. I don’t think that qualifies anyone more or less as either a good owner or a good fan (I wouldn’t though, would I?) How does it matter if Kroenke doesn’t come to matches? We are not discussing loyalty points such as for season tickets. At best..at best it sends out a message that they ‘care’ about the football, but I don’t believe in such platitudes. Being in the stadium proves nothing, and achieves nothing, and if I had a vote, that, in no way will enter into my considerations of who I’d rather have in control.

48. glic says:

Nice post Micky, a bit Horses for Courses then !. You must really have it bad in North Devon, It`s gone 9pm and it`s lovely and sunny here. They say this is the worst Summer on record in Britain, Micky say`s ,it`s the worst Summer since last Summer in North Devon !.

I love peeping in on these “discussions” between Herbsarmy and the ” Others” or may I call you ” The Barmy Army ( in a nice way ) ) ” 😆 . Both sides always come up with stuff which sounds as good as the others, so I keep out of it as I like the simple stuff and would be blown out of the water by both sides.
    Can you imagine me taking on Redders in a war of words !. In the Red corner, reading War and Peace in 25 languages plus Klingon and Cardassian, Red Arse. In the White corner reading, The Sun, Beano and MAD, glic !.

49. How many City games did the Sheikhs attend last season?

How many times has he been full stop

Mansour really doesn’t care about City does he?

Source: http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/09/sheikh-mansour-manchester-city-qpr

In all the years going to football i never once looked at the Directors Box to see who was in there, unless it was the days when GG used to sit up their in the first half with his phone, and if it was going badly all of us in the West Lower could see he was steaming down the stairs to get to the touchline.

50. herbsarmy says:

We’ve discussed your final question before GiE. Arsenal fans pay the highest ticket prices in the world (also mentioned in Red & White Holdings open letter), which doesn’t correlate with the club’s overall success, but I know you dispute this, that’s why I avoided answering.
    I know we’ve always been owned by a Board/Shareholders, it was more of a utopian idealism. If it were the case, it would probably have to replicate the Barcelona model.

51. goonermichael says:

Herb
    Are you sure Gazidis was Kronke’s right hand man. He was the head of the MLS. Wouldn’t that be a conflict of interests?

52. glic says:

This may make you laugh or paranoid . Guess who Wiki says Ivan Gazidas supports ?, I`ll give you one clue, we sell a lot of players to them !. hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

53. herbsarmy says:

GM,
    I assumed Gazidis was employed by Arsenal through Kroenke’s ownership.
    Shard – It was just a point to emphasise that Kroenke has no interest in football.
    Glaring difference between Sheikh Mansour and Stan Kroenke, GiE? One invests to create winners, the other couldn’t care less.

54. goonermichael says:

Wiki says jabba was pardoned by gorbachov and that’s bollocks

55. goonermichael says:

Herb
    One of my clients is one of the top headhunters in this country. She got Gazidis to Arsenal. it took two years to get a CEO.

Jabba is bound to go to the Emirates more as he lives in Highgate.

He used to have a box at old trafford.

I think there’s more to jabba than meets the eye. regarding Arsenal.

56. goonermichael says:

Sheik monsour is mega rich because he sits on millions of barrels of oil. He’s throwing money that he’s never had to earn at a plaything which is purely a vehicle to promote his country. Kronke is a busines man and doesn’t have the funds to compete with the Arabs or jabba. You’ll only be happy when jabba or the Qataris take over Herb. I don’t have a problem with that. It’s not what I’d want though.

57. herbsarmy says:

Fair enough GM, he behaves more like a slippery politician than a bonified football man.

58. goonermichael says:

He’s not really a football man Herb. Lot’s of people in the game Aren’t

Football is a business now. Kronke is a business man and so Is jabba. I don’t get jabba at all. I think Dien maybe in the shadows. Just my personal feeling.

59. glic says:

gm
    So much stuff gets thrown about, we dont what`s true and what Isn`t .
    Personally, I dont know fuck all and I`m not paranoid, but how much do you reckon Gazidas gets paid by Mansour to be a double agent ? 😆

60. Some do Herb, the majority don’t, its very lazy to say we all pay £100 a game, we simply don’t i wouldn’t go:

Chelsea
    Lowest Category PL game (members price):

Cheapest
    £36 (Family Enclosure)
    £47 (Non Family Enclosure)

Highest
    £65

Highest Category PL game (members price)

Cheapest
    £45 (Family Enclosure)
    £56 (Non Family Enclosure)

Highest
    £82

Chelsea have three classes, 5 in the top category, 5 in the mid category and the remaining 9 in the bottom category.

Arsenal
    Lowest Category PL game (everyones price):

Cheapest
    £35 (behind goal lower tier and corners lower tier)

Highest
    £70 (wing upper centre)

Highest Category PL game (everyones price):

Cheapest
    £51 (behind goal lower tier and corners lower tier)

Highest
    £100 (wing upper centre)

Arsenal only have two categories, there are 5 games in the top Category Pricing and the remaining 14 on bottom category. There has been no announcement on next seasons pricing yet (although there is a cheaper level coming in apparently for the cheapest class).

But lets just say someone sits in Centre Upper Wing at Arsenal and pays that historic £100, their cost for watching Arsenal in that seat is £1,480. A Chelsea Fan sitting in the most expensive seat at Chelsea to watch all home PL games pays £1,320.

A Chelsea fan sitting in the Family enclosure pays £754, the other cheap seats (lets be fair the Family Enclosure probably accounts for about 2,000 fans) amount to a charge of £963, at Emirates the cost in the cheap seats is £745.

Oh just for another comparison Spuds.

Top price pays £1,162, Cheapest adult pays £733. (i took out West Ham as Cat A game as we may well add them to Cat A games next year).

So in effect we may have some fans paying the highest price in world football, but most of us not made of money can go for less than the average Chelsea fan. So yes i dispute it! And yes even an irregular like myself can get those tickets at those prices because no season tickets are sold in the Clock End Lower.

Flexible post, Micky. 🙂

TA,
    I like your suggestions but was thinking Enormous Arse.
    Then again, I have just been watching Serena!

62. herbsarmy says:

That’s unfair GM, I’ve already stated that I don’t really want either Kroenke or Usmanov. Kroenke is a Billionaire whose wife owns Walmart. Why does he own the club if he doesn’t want to invest in our long-term future?
    What I want is an owner who cares about the club as much as the fans, and is prepared to prove that by making enough funds available so that we can significantly challenge for the PL title and CL.

63. goonermichael says:

glic
    Anyone can edit Wiki. Football wikis are notoriously messed around with. Arshavin was 6’2″ on there at one time

GIE,
    You’ll be saying it’s not true that we could have signed Schwarzer for an extra 50p next. 🙂

65. goonermichael says:

I wasn’t trying to have a go Herb Sorry if it sounded that way. I meant that Kronke can’t compete with City. No matter how much passion he might or might not show. i didn’t mean it the way it sounded.

I don’t know whu he owns it apart from thr fact that his investment has gone up and is still rising.

66. GLIC i’m amazed i just read that article that referenced Gazidis City fandom, he went to school in Manchester (and apparently professed to supporting them), born in South Africa, University of Oxford where he was a double football blue, turned down Man City because he didn’t want to relocate back home from Conneticut.

And there was me thinking he was some Yank who knows nothing about football!

Judging by position in line up looks like he was a midfielder, don;’t think he was the enforcer type though. Played 2 lost 2 though so not brilliant for the Oxford lot

Some people pay £0 per game because they don’t even go.

68. Come on Chas it was £1.

That Kroenke is tight as a gnat’s chuff.
    Bring in Jabba, he’ll buy us some trophies.

70. herbsarmy says:

So do we generate the highest matchday revenue in the PL, GiE?

Nah, Chelski with their 41,00 seats do!

41,000

…41,000

74. herbsarmy says:

Just challenging for them would make a change. Maybe it would be enough to stop our top players leaving!

ManU haven’t got a club level.

If we paid them £220,000 a week, it would stop them leaving too.

77. goonermichael says:

Herb
    We do have the highest matchday revenue because our corperate matchday revenues are so high.

78. goonermichael says:

I think we’ll challenge next season.

Half a million gross a month is not enough, I want a whole million.

80. herbsarmy says:

Thierry Henry was on £200,000 a week (allegedly) in 2007, but still had to leave to win CL.

You win, I’m off to p*ss down my leg.

82. I don’t know Herb because i don’t have access to Manchester United Accounts or Chelseas or Citys because unlike us they don’t have to make them publicly available. But Deloittes in its Football Money League says no as it puts Man Utd top in the PL €122m, and us second in €113m. And that is the cleverest thing about the stadium design all those in Corporate Boxes and Club Level prepared to pay whatever it costs to be at the game and fund the rest of us going for a lot less than it would be if they weren’t there.

Top in Europe is Madrid with €129.1m, Man Utd are second in Europe and we are third. And both those clubs are in debt, although ManUtd’s is not really of their own making but the owners.

Our problem lay in the Commercial side (don’t forget this includes merchandise (shirts, hats, scarves) sales, where according to Deloitte we are €122m behind top earning Bayern Munich, and €46m behind United, €22m behind Liverpool and €13m behind Chelsea. €15m ahead of Spuds though so there’s always something to smile about!

83. TotAl says:

GiE @8.32 last paragraph top top comment.

Enormous Arse’s comment @ 10.21 is almost as good.

We, the fans, demand you, the shareholders of our club, to spend lots of your money on Arsenal, because you are bloody lucky to own it in the first place. And if you do not want to spend your own money – you bloody cheapskates – we want you take out a huge loan and spend it on lots of very expensive megastars so we can compete with the Oilers. Ooh and don’t worry about the future – we want these trophies right here, right now. Fuck the future.

84. oz gunner says:

@ GLIC 9.28

couldn’t agree more. I feel like a person sitting off to the side nodding in agreement, and every now and then saying ‘mmm good point that 1’

hahahahaha Klingon, fear not though all that reading of spy vs spy should have left you quite crafty

85. TA I think the RvP news is still affecting you… 😀 More beer needed!

86. TotAl says:

Robin van Penis? As GM would say: I would not piss on him if he was on fire! 😈

87. herbsarmy says:

Always good to get a mature well-rounded response Total. No jokes doing the rounds?

88. goonermichael says:

Only if I could piss petrol

89. TotAl says:

The truth in a nutshell Herb.

90. oz gunner says:

@ TA

I’d be right there with a few other Arsenal supporters laying the boots in. ’15 games a season take that’, ‘player of the year, captain and you say that, take this’, ‘don’t listen to your mum, wife, dad, son, nephew, next door neighbours cat, well cop this!’

91. herbsarmy says:

Can you point out in any of my comments where I am demanding that Arsenal win trophies, please Total? I’ve read back and I can’t find any.

92. TotAl says:

Herb, I did not say it was a reference to you or your comments.

It’s a general response to the idea that we should dump the self-financing model.

93. TotAl says:

Oz, so right! bakkie koffie my arse!!

94. oz gunner says:

Robin Van Persie verrader, Arsene maakte je wie je bent vandaag. Een voetballer van het jaar, de kapitein van de grootste club ter wereld, verafgood en geliefd door iedereen. Nu zult u uw dagen eindigen als een niemand, kan een van geweest. Als het aan mij lag zou ik wissen uw doel overeenkomen, en veeg uw naam uit de recordboeken. We gaan verder en zijn beter af zonder jou! Lang leve de machtige ARSENAL

95. TotAl says:

Not a bad translation Oz! 😆

I still cannot believe he did what he did, and I thought I was a half decent judge of character…. 😦

96. goonermichael says:

So much for Gazidis being on holiday. I think robin is a lump of dogturd

97. oz gunner says:

We were all fooled TA, I thought you were bang on especially when you analysed the interview and his comments ect.

“I admire men of character, and I judge character not by how men deal with their superiors, but mostly how they deal with their subordinates, and that, to me, is where you find out what the character of a man is”

and once he got his fitness right and became player of the year he sold out every Arsenal fan!

98. oz gunner says:

going to be a very interesting week with RVP and Theo talks getting under way

99. TotAl says:

Yep Oz, the sooner we have clarity the better. As you know I like Theo, but he either stays or goes – no messing about!

100. glic says:

Got new carpet down on all the upstairs floors It`s so nice to have a soft rug on the soul`s of my feet ( I bet Mrs Mancini know`s what I mean, she sleeps the opposite end to Terry with her feet on his syrup ! ). We had a Mexican carpet fitter called Speedy Gonfor a cuppa , lucky I caught him before he was going to put the carpet down without anything underneath, ” Oi Speedy, Underlay, underlay, underlay ” !.
    Before I go and get some Zzzzz`s, I once did an anagram Arsenal team on here for the Villa Cup game, our former Dutch Heroe came out as Penis Over Brain, there were actually 179 anagrams with the word penis in his name, that was my favourite, couple of others, Robin Penis Rave and Brave Iron Penis, how ironic he`s acted like one !. Nite all . 🙂

101. Gooner In Exile says:

GM think there were comments at the time about Gazidis not being on holiday but I guess it’s all stuff he has been accused of before (and upset people) so why not use it in the Press Statement.

It appears Arsensl are reserving most fury for the agent. But Robin could quite easily have retracted it,he hasn’t so we can only assume its with his blessing even post fall out. My guess is they expected the fans to react as they have and it makes leaving easier as they can say look at the nasty things you have said about this man.

102. TotAl says:

GLiC 🙂 beware of new carpet burn!

103. herbsarmy says:

Thanks GiE, I only asked because Danny Kelly said on TalkSPORT the other night that Arsenal generate the highest matchday revenue in the PL, but as he’s a Tottenham fan and you’re a fellow Arsenal fan, as well as an accountant, your word would be more trustworthy.

104. richie says:

@GIE at 8:52 I loved your last comment! That just about hits the nail firmly into the coffin of the “spend some F***ing money brigade”
    Wouldn’t it be great if the actual supporters owned the club. Thats when you’d really see all the glory hunters running for cover, if they were asked at the AGM “O.K. if you don’t like the self sustaining model then you’ll have to fund the price of buying whoever’s your (flavour of the month) prefered big money buy, plus the four year wage contract”. I can only relate to businesses I’ve had and how I was often engaged in a strugle to make sure the business stayed afloat.

I didn’t have anyone knocking on my door saying I like your business I’m going to make sure you don’t go under. I didn’t have a sugar daddy and nor do we at the Arse! So lets keep it real! In Jabba the Uzz we have a billionaire who if he wanted to back us and buy us players and pay for any loses (Abromovich style) obviously he could, but that ain’t what he wants to do. If I’d tried to run any of the businesses I’ve had the way our glory hunter want the Arsenal board to run AFC I’d have been bankrupt inside 6 months.

I’d love the Arsenal board to be stuffed full of seriously rich ex Arsenal greats who’s only interest was the advancement of AFC.fully supported by the share owning supporters, who wouldn’t?
    But we are where we are, and in the current turbulent world wide financial situation this die hard Gooner doesn’t ever want my club put in a precarious situation. So all I can only say is thus far the board has behaved responsibly and I can’t really ask for any more than that.

105. TotAl says:

Very well said Richie – great last paragraph.

Night all 🙂

106. herbsarmy says:

I don’t recall you reacting that way when Big Raddy said he would like a bit more investment in the squad, Total. Or did you conveniently side-step that one?

107. richie says:

@TotAl 6:04 I’ll answer that as honestly as I can and say “no” I didn’t know Vertonghen had been voted for by his fellow professionals as the Eredivisie player of the year 2012 – And I’ll go even further and hold my hand up to having seen him play for Ajax on only in a handfull of games. I must’ve seriously caught him at bad times because he didn’t stand out in any way. I wasn’t impressed with his positional play, I wasn’t impressed with his physical presence in handling challenges. I didn’t see him tackle and I never saw him score or come close to doing so. But armed with yours and Tony’s ringing endorsements I’m prepared to say I’ll look again. This time I’ll do it without the Dutch contingent because maybe I was overly influenced by their negativity, as we’ve seen its easy to get caught up in riotous behaviour when your in the middle of a mob.:)

108. richie says:

@ the Herbsman I’ll pick that ball up if I may? Is there any real Gooner alive who wouldn’t like a bit more investment in the squad?
    Would I love the board to say during new excurvation work on a site close to the new stadium workers drilled down and hit what appears to be oil? We’ve had it analysed and the club won’t have to worry about its finances until sonetime in the next centuary. Under those circumstances instead of worrying about having enough money on your oyster card you think of buying a car. Who couldn’t come up with a player dream wish list?

109. richie says:

Goodnight Gooners 3’s my limmit tonight I’m off to bed.

110. herbsarmy says:

Anybody would think we were paupers Richie!

111. Shard says:

Yes herb, especially the way some of our fans desire doles from the rich.

112. Herb'sArmy says:

To use an analogy, if Arsenal were a car, we would be a gleaming pristeen Ferrari enshrined in a glass casing for everyone to admire, but which no-one would be allowed to add petrol, much less drive.
    Alex Flynn co-wrote a book entitled ‘The Making of a Modern-Day Super Club’, all about Arsenal, and yet I’ve read in certain quarters that we’re in danger of being labelled the ‘Everton of the South’ because of our failure to hold on to our best players.
    Football by its very nature is Capitalism, money goes to money, and the world’s biggest companies attach themselves to winning brands, so it really doesn’t make commercial sense for a ‘super’ club to behave like Everton and claim that we’re skint, otherwise that nightmare scenario will become our reality, At this moment in time we are still an exciting brand that should push on and maximise our potential because our stock will fall sharply and mid-table obscurity beckons if we don’t.
    We are undoubtedly a much bigger club than Tottenham as our stadiums prove.The Emirates holds 25,000 more than WHL, yet had it not been for Marton Fulop rescuing us on the last day of the season, they’d have finished above us. How and why can a comparitively smaller club with far less resources come so close to over-taking us?
    We know we can’t compete for marquee signings, I don’t think anyone expects that, but David Seaman, Lee Dixon, Nigel Winterburn, Frank McLintock, Sol Campbell, Ray Parlour, Paul Davis, Manu Petit, George Graham, Alan Smith, or Ian Wright (all multiple winners with Arsenal) can’t all be wrong.

113. Gooner In Exile says:

Those players obviously have an inflated opinion of their level when signed by Arsenal, probably only Campbell, Graham and Wright could profess to being Marquee signings.

114. Herb'sArmy says:

I’m not referring to them as marquee signings, GiE, I’m referring to their opinions on Arsenal’s situation.

Ahoy would be appropriate from the sea that is Devon
    Chas,
    That’s the only game I have ever managed to drag my wife to.

The Wright “179” game, that is.

117. Gooner In Exile says:

I know Herb I’m saying they should look back and realise how they were not marquee signings so in their opinion probably shouldn’t have been the players bought by the club and players like RvP would deem them not good enough and say I want better as teammates. These are the players who replaced glory boys like Champagne Charlie Nicholas.

Do they really think that a few marquee signings would keep RvP at the club (along with a large increase in wages naturally). We’ve already made 2. Top scorer in France and 4th top scorer in Germany. Yet that’s not enough for him.

If I was RvP I’d probably do the same, I’m looking for a massive payout in the last few years of top level football I have left. Even if we’re offering £150k a week it wouldn’t be enough compared to what others will pay, and we probably would only give him 3 years, whereas some might be stupid enough to award 4 at £200k a week.

Morning.

Micky,
    I missed that one. Some fool invited me to a wedding.

Anyone got two spares for the Sunderland game? Seriously.
    First come…. me thinks 🙂

Who the hell has a wedding during the football season. Jeepers, some people!

Just writing my first plea for tickets makes me feel sooooo good. Everything is just about to make sense again.

123. Herb'sArmy says:

What they all had in common though is a work-ethic, and the ability to consolidate a winning mentality within a team unit. All of them prepared to fight for a common cause, proud to wear the shirt and represent Arsenal. Individually you probably wouldn’t pick any of them out as being world-class, but in their respective sides they were champions, and all (with the exception of Paul Davis) are ‘Double’ winners.
    We don’t have that in the dressing-room right now. As I said yesterday, the ‘Invincibles’ had four World Cup winners, now we have none. It’s quite a significant drop in standards, and there are far too many passengers who don’t even have to fight for their starting place, let alone out on the field.

124. Herb'sArmy says:

Djourou and Giroud will be fun for the commentators next season.

125. Herb'sArmy says:

Anyhow, sorry, forgetting my manners!
    Good morning Chas, GiE, Micky, and anyone else looking in.

126. Gooner In Exile says:

Herb can you not see the irony in what they are asking for then?

127. Herb'sArmy says:

I can now you’ve mentioned it, GiE, ex-players who weren’t world-class asking for world-class signings. But then they weren’t playing at a time when billionaires dominated the football landscape.
    Personally I think if we had a Tony Adams type character who could rally the troops and lead us into battle, we’d be a far more formidable proposition.

128. oz gunner says:

morning all

it’s unlike ex-arsenal players to stick the knifes in against us now isn’t it! I wish they wouldn’t go along with the media. No amount of spending is going to keep the traitor

129. Gooner In Exile says:

I’m glad you do Herb. I think we’re on our way to a better team spirit, a leader is definitely needed, have we already got him?

Let’s not forget Oz that only the words that suit the agenda are going to be used.

Des Kelly’s article in the Mail yesterday was sailing upstream vs the normal media line. Also I enjoyed Tim Payton on R5 the other day the reporters were saying how Usmanovs letter reflected the fans feelings and frustrations yet Tim told them straight (paraphrased):

“having spoken to many Arsenal fans today I can tell you most are extremely annoyed with RvP and used words I can’t repeat at this hour on the BBC, Usmanovs letter is unhelpful as whilst it is clear it has been worked on for sometime , it has been released now in an attempt to garber public opinion. In the main both statements have backfired, RvP has insulted the fans, and Usmanov can be seen to use this to personal gain”

130. VCC says:

Chas 7:41. Brought a tear to my eye. So much of my youth was spent there.

131. Herb'sArmy says:

Morning VCC,
    you must be impressed with QPR’s business so far this summer.

132. goonermichael says:

Anyone going to Cologne?

133. goonermichael says:

Does anyone believe the cash plus david Villa for the the boy blunder?

134. TotAl says:

Good morning all 🙂

Hi Herb 🙂

Just would like to say you have been debating really well over the last few hours. I don’t agree with everything you say, but I really appreciate your style and good natured comments.

Regarding more investment in the team: Arsenal bought over the last 48 months: The Ox, Mertesacker, Gervinho, Arteta, Koz, Giroud, Podolski, Santos, Campbell, jenkinson, Myachi. That’s a team. And the summer transfer window only just opened.

The above mentioned players might not (all) be regarded as top signings but by now we all know that Wenger is a master at transforming new signings/youngsters into players of world class, and play them in a system that gives us a chance every season.

That goes a very long way.

It is really disappointing we are not holding on to a couple of key players recently. But I don’t think the BoD can do much about it at the moment. At least they are reinvesting the money back into the squad and keeping our club financially healthy in the process.

With Arsene at the helm we can quickly get back to being a force once more. I can live with that. In fact, I get very excited about that.

The ‘new’ reality is: Citeh made a loss of £197.000.000 in one year to subsequently clinch the title in extra time of the last match of the season.

Let them have it – what an achievement!

What is really sad about our society is that Arsenal is being attacked once more for its prudence and sensible club management – even by ‘left’ wing journalists of the Guardian – and the likes of Citeh and the Chavs get away with brutal financial doping in order to buy a few successes.

Morning all.

It was interesting to note that PHW said if the club paid off the loan on the stadium early that the penalties would be extremely high and that the club had no intention of doing that, or have I read that wrong.

Time will tell if the club under Kroenke are going in the right direction but as much as trying to compete with City and Chelsea in the PL there has to be a wholesale wage structure rethink at the club as the figures don’t lie and there are several players on extremely good wages who either aren’t good enough or are just bench warmers.
    I can’t see Wenger changing his formation dramatically and when it is suggested that no player is bigger than the club, that is correct but we just can’t keep being a 5 year + apprentership for some players and then be told we made a huge profit when we sell them.

hindsight is a wonderful thing but when the stadium was planned the board was different,there was no hint of a recession and chelsea and City were just two other clubs in the PL.
    I can understand some people being aggrieved that several board members cashed in and that kroenke isn’t prepared to put funds into the club.I dismiss Usmanov as it is easy to spout many things wrong with the club from what amounts from a distance.

The RVP situation just unsettles the fans as it did last season.We as a club have changed dramatically though many will argue that we have always ben a selling club.Many fans can’t identify with players anymore and that is sad.
    I am not happy but there is absolutely nothing I or any of us can do about it except hope the ne signings give another dimension to our play but we are a long way from being the finished article and I still think we need two more quality players to subliment the squad.

136. goonermichael says:

the more clubs in for him the better.

Morning by the way

137. goonermichael says:

Morning Kelsey
    In his recent Q&A with the supporters gazidis admitted that the wage structure had been a mistake. They were trying to give most players similar money. He also said they would move away from that and bcome more like the mancs (although he didn’t mention them) Where the big players have big money and the younger players get paid a lot less. he also intimated that they’d need to ship out some fairly big earners that hadn’t produced.

We do definitely get the highest matchday revenue (I’ve read that it’s the highest in World football)

Man city’s wage bill is 110% of turnover I don’t think that’s a business model at all. If FFP is going to work they will have to change. I think FFP has a good chance of working as RM, Barca Manu Munich and a lot of imprtant clubs want it to as it preserves the status quo.

138. Herb'sArmy says:

Morning GM, Total, and Kelsey (in order of appearance).
    A compliment Total? I did think your rant was aimed in my direction last night, due to the time it appeared, which is why you’ll have noticed I mentioned Big Raddy just as you had done an Elvis and left the building. I don’t mind friendly banter/debating, or even being proved completely wrong, but I don’t like nasty undertones or name-calling, as I myself always try to be respectful. But thank you, your comment is much appreciated.

herb

Don’t you think it s about time you admitted you are wrong about the majority of the things you wrote above.

You say that board members are taking millions out of the club.
    You have been given so many examples of why this is not true.

You say that Gazidis was Kroenke’s man in the States prior to joining Arsenal.
    This as GM explains so well is simply not the truth.

You say that Arsenal have the highest ticket prices in the world, to which GIE gives indisputable examples of why this is not true.

So considering the amount of wild offensive claims that you have made don’t you think it is time to accept publicly that you were wrong?

140. goonermichael says:

The press are generally supportive of Wenger at the moment. Makes a change

141. VCC says:

Good Morning Herb.

Yes, i,m chuffed with the signings so far. QPR was my dear old Dad’s team, and the nearest professional club to my birth place, so naturally I have a soft spot for them. Mr Hughes is not my favourite person but you cannot tell me every Arsenal supporter is pleased with everyone that runs our club, just look at the current board!!!!!!!

QPR have played some smashing football too in the past especially with players like Rodney Marsh and Stan Bowles.

I follow your debates all the time Herb, but dont feel qualified to comment. I am just a simple die hard Arsenal fan who wants them to win everything, together with playing lovely football.

As I have said recently, Wenger was once God in my house, but I am growing a bit weary with the same old,same old, same old (if you know what I mean)

Van Persie knew before the Euros he was leaving, and SO did Wenger ( I truly believe my sources) thats why he made the signings that he did.

142. goonermichael says:

Herb said he was wrong about Gazidis LB

143. goonermichael says:

Kelsey
    Dempsey to Arsenal is doing the rounds again on Twitter. Is it rubbish?

Morning all,

I personally don’t feel unsettled by the RvP situation. Now RvP has made the statement we can all move on and I really don’t have a lot of interest in where he goes apart from us getting the most we can and hoping he doesn’t go to another Prem team. Sadly I think he will and that will firmly put the lid on any chance of him being remembered with fondness by the majority of arsenal supporters.

I am surprised to see us being linked with more strikers since we still have one more than we had last year even allowing for RvP going.

145. Rasp – I need your help please

146. JM says:

“I WON’T BUY BIG” – Wenger Defiant.

Quote:
    “I won’t change. The only sad thing is that sometimes your work is destroyed by others. You want to see a player in his prime doing it for your club. But it does not work like that all the time. I am a victim of that. I lost Samir Nasri, Gael Clichy and Cesc Fabregas at an age where they should have been playing their best football for Arsenal. But I never left the club when I could have. I could have left 10 times to join another club but I didn’t because I have worked with the same vision and philosophy at Arsenal for the last 16 years — and that won’t change. Besides, money was never a motivation for me. And, in a similar way, people like Cruyff don’t put all their energy in building football teams with young players just for the money. We all do this because we want to give something back to football.” – Arsene Wenger.

Latest on “LIMBOS”:

Chamakh is linked @30% with a switch to Fiorentina.

147. goonermichael says:

Morning Rasp
    I think he’s going to city. I couldn’t give a shit really. He’s dead to most Arsenal fans anyway. He’s probably been tapped up.

148. Red Arse says:

Herb, 🙂

Don’t you ever go to bed?

I am already on record about how much I admire you for the consistency of your views and the stoical way you stick to your guns, and all the while remaining the epitome of good manners, not resorting to insults or demanding others change their views.

Well I have now done so again.

You obviously infuriate some other AAers by what might be viewed as your obstinacy, but it would be wise for everyone to remember that you are all exchanging nothing more than opinions as certifiable facts are not easily available and what facts are available are often misinterpreted.

Keep on blogging, my friend!! 🙂

149. New Post …………

150. Herb'sArmy says:

Wrong wrong wrong LB, I’m wrung out!
    GM told me last night about Gazidis, which I accepted immediately.
    I didn’t say Board members are taking millions out of the club, I said they made a huge profit on their shares at a time when we were moving stadiums, selling to Kroenke, money which could have significantly eased the burden of the move.
    And some, not all, of our ticket prices are the most expensive in world football.

This is not aimed at anyone, but why do some think SK should put money into the club.
    If I buy one share in BP, then I own a tiny bit of BP. If I buy lots, I will own it outright.
    If times are bad, should I as a single share holder be expected to dig into my pockets to help out? No.
    People put many into shares for a variety of reasons, not necessarily to make money.

Not heard a word anymore about Dempsey, GM

153. richie says:

@TotAl 9:44 I couldn’t agree any more than if I’d rolled out of bed on a Sunday morning and written it myself, but at 9:44 I hadn’t had a coffee yet and so you were a damed sight more lucide than I was besides you managed to encapsulate a feeling better than me with or without the benefits of cafine. We may all be Gooners and have different opinions, but the best thing about this blog is that we seem to have a class of Gooner than has a real ability to analyse, and at times thats been a real rarity. The thinking mans Gooner blog! Whatever next?

154. Money talks, Van Persie probably going to city, its a shame as he could have become a legend.