Joey Barton media darling?

Friday night on five live was the last appearance this season of Pat Nevin, Colin Murray and Perry Groves on the Friday night football show. This trio have tried, not always successfully to put together 2/3 hrs. of light hearted football talk.   Gossip, humour, opinions, experience and an assortment of guests are used to kick off the weekend’s football coverage.

Much of it is contrived, but there is no doubt that the two ex-pros bring a wealth of knowledge to the microphone as well as a determination not to take themselves or each other too seriously. Which is a welcome change given the gravitas, certainty and self-belief of the hanging jury that is MOTD.  Supposedly the BBC’s flag ship contribution to our weekend’s football education.

Friday night instalment was interesting if only for the fact that Nevin, who was leaving early having agreed to speak at a Dennis Law dinner left a very serious question in the air.

The last subject of debate had been something like,” who or what had provided the most odious memory of last season?”   To which the unanimous answer had been “Joey Barton”, not many I feel would argue with that. Nevins question however went further, by offering to bet, that irrespective of whether Barton stayed at QPR  was sacked or unloaded and offered a contract by any other club, he would achieve his objective. Namely a career in the media was what he was after and it was now a nailed on certainty and all the protestations of Murray, Groves and their ilk would be just that, protestations and nothing more.

So AA’ers which of these football good guys is right: our own flying winger, Perry Groves or the calm skilful midfielder that is Pat Nevin. Will you be amused, entertained or indeed interested in anything, said, written or broadcast, that has the potential to make Mr Joey Barton a buck? Will all the righteous indignation that has led to a 12 game ban, be conveniently forgotten once it is served and will you welcome Mr Barton back into the football family and interact with him, on whichever vehicle he chooses for his coronation as a media celebrity/pundit?

I await your replies with interest.

Writen by dandan

104 Responses to Joey Barton media darling?

1. Scott says:

He gets white line fever whenever he walks onto the pitch,but is very intelligent and a straight shooter.
    I’d rather listen to him than some of the biased,soft bastards we endure now.

2. Rob Lucci says:

agreed!

3. Bernard kubby says:

No comment

Morning dandan, personally I have as little time for Barton as I do John Terry.

On the subject of commentators, I was astonished to hear Stuart Robson – Arsenal’s own match commentator, criticising Theo in a talkshite interview. I would think that is not short of a sacking offence. To publicly proclaim that he is more of an athlete than a footballer (even if true) by someone in his position is unfathomable.

Whichever way you look at it, the end result is against the club’s interest. If we wanted to sell him we’ve just told the world he’s not very good and if we want to keep him, then that isn’t exactly good motivation.

Since when did Robson become Arsenal’s official mouthpiece? He should have been summoned to Gazidis’ office and given a real dressing down – assuming he wasn’t acting under the club’s instructions.

5. Fred says:

“but is very intelligent”

I agree when compared to non-mammalian lifeforms.
    If we think that what constitutes intelligence has any direct link to Barton and his utterances and twittering rubbish then it is time question ones judgement.

Tricky one.
    I have absolutely no idea what he is like off the pitch. For all I know, he spends his summers working for free in a Romanian Orphanage.
    Scott says he’s bright. Sorry, just don’t know.
    An odious little yob on the pitch he certainly is, but that doesn’t mean he would be bad on the radio.

Fred,
    Forgot about his reputation for twittering. Again, no idea what he twitters. Mind you, I have a File marked “Twitters” and it has a name. Its called Morgan, and sits neatly on my desktop next another named “Trash” 🙂

8. Scott says:

Have you ever seen the man interviewed,I guarantee his IQ would be higher than 95% of the general public,so yes,I say he’s intelligent.
    There’s nothing wrong with my judgement Fred,but yours is quite arrogant in this case.
    Poor judgement would be me saying he’s a decent bloke,saying he’s intelligent is just fact.
    Too many commentators make outlandish comments simply to get a reaction….if that’s what you like,then fine.
    If you want someone who,tough it will obviously piss people off quite often,tells it exactly how he sees it,then Barton would be worth a try.

9. barumgooner says:

Interesting post. I dont really agree that he has made himself more viable as a media personality. In this day and age of political correctness most organisations would steer clear of the Bartons and aim more for the quiet dignified professionals. As for being intelligent, I dont see any proof of that. His quotations on twitter do seem to resemble the comments supposedly made by the nice young ladies on page 3 of the sun and i’m sure he knows as much about the meaning as they do. He is however a very useful player. But for me the worst thing about him is that he just cant grow a tash. He looks like a teenager trying to be ‘ard’ with this little bit of fluff on his lip.

10. fred says:

The half-educated psychopath inheriting the lavish communications systems of the 20th century.

Who else but Hitler, according Ballard. I always thought Ballard was a visionary.

11. GoonerDave says:

Sorry Scott, but you are wrong.
    Barton has a chip on his shoulder about his intellectual limitations – that is pathetically obvious by the manner of his awful and desperate attempts to be respected as a super intelligent being, be it on twitter, or an interview etc.
    Nobody of above average intelligence would ever behave in this manner. It is blindingly obvious.
    Joey Barton is a very simple man, with way too much faith in himself, both as an athlete and a human being.
    All his “intelligent outbursts” say to me, is that he had too much free time in jail, and spent it reading literature and memorizing pearls of wisdom that other people formed, in a truly laughable attempt to be taken seriously.

12. Gooner In Exile says:

Morning all (again) apologies for leaving Chas Mickey and Scott this morning but some new blue tits arrived in the garden and I wanted to get pictures.

I’ll leave the Avatar jokes open 🙂

13. Scott says:

So you think you can make a more accurate judgement based on his tweets than can be made actually seeing the guy interviewed…..well I’m stumped.
    Dave,seriously,you don’t think anyone intelligent has ever done irrational things before???
    Look,the question was asked in the article and I answered it.
    Yes it’s only my opinion that he’d be better than plenty of current commentators,and if you disagree then fine,tell us who you’d prefer.

Sadly there is a good chance Talksport would employ him. Audience is everything.

Barton …… Intelligent? Who knows. Violent? Undoubtedly? a 7 month custodial sentence apart from his football attacks. Controversial -?absolutely, which is why Pat Nevin, who is a highly intelligent man, is correct.

Witness Stan Collymore at Talksport.

15. Gooner In Exile says:

Right DD, fine post as ever. It’s a shame that the likes of Barton will probably as you say end up with a career in the media, as in the main the ultra talented have done all their talking on the field and reaped the benefits off it not to have to do media. This is obviously related to those players lucky enough to have played during an era of astronomical earnings.

When the likes of Savage get to lay waste to the weekends events we have a problem with our football coverage, Neville was a change from the norm this season and what a revelation. Sadly he is now involved in England setup and we have to go back to the brainless Redknapp.

Rasp totally agree with you on Robson.

16. Scott says:

You guys are carrying on as if I like the guy.
    He’s a cretin.
    Doesn’t change what I said though.
    At least he’d say what he thinks,not what he thinks the viewers want to hear.
    It’s fine if you want those type of commentators,but I dont.

Hi Scott, I don’t assume you like the guy for one minute. Lineker has become a complete joke and as GiE says, Neville has been nothing short orf a revelation.

I personally could not stomach listening to Barton as a pundit/media man. What’s going to happen the first time he is asked to comment about a player’s violent conduct. If he doesn’t condemn it strongly enough then people will say that’s because he is a thug and if he does, he will be branded a hypocrite.

I hope we never see him again once his football career is over.

18. Red Arse says:

Hi Dandan, 🙂

Intelligence is often confused with ‘commonsense’.

Commonsense is normally applied as a descriptor to someone ‘having or using sound judgement’. Clearly many people would have difficulty ascribing that accolade to Barton.

Intelligence on the other hand is normally applied to someone who ‘has the ability to acquire and apply knowledge and skills’.
    Surely that applies to most people. The real question is, to what degree does someone have this ability.

If the ‘intelligence’ of Barton is judged by his alleged desire to become a ‘media person’, then it would have to be said he is intelligent.

Personally I could not ascertain the level of someone’s intelligence based solely on twitter utterances or a short TV interview.
    Perhaps that gives a clue as to my own limited intelligence! 🙂

There is no direct co-relation between someone being an odious fart and their intelligence quotient, the normal way to measure intelligence.

Frankly, I could not be arsed really, there are so many ex-sportsmen on TV, with limited cerebral abilities, masquerading as skilled commentators that Barton will be just another one.

If that is what the general public want — that is what they will get.

Too wordy, Raddy? 🙂

For me GoonerDave’s comment at 10.57 hit home the hardest.

An interesting post from a very unusual angle.

20. goonermichael says:

Scott
    barton may well be inteligent but he’s very unoriginal. He quotes scholers and people like Morrisey all the time. He’s also a (censored) He may end up on tv as a pundit but I think he’ll mess it up. Apparently piers morgc”’ just got record low viewing figures for his network. Eventually people switch off. barton isn’t very interesting. I hope someone really beats the shit out of him.

That’s funny GM, I could see you were trying to keep it in for the sake of Peach’s mum but it all came out in the last sentence. lol

By the way I completely agree with you.

23. Scott says:

We will never find out anyway.

24. goonermichael says:

I think he will end up in Media Scott.

25. Scott says:

Well,we will rehash this topic then.

Thanks dandan. Joey Barton? hahaha. I have no strong feelings either way on this guy, just dont like it when he trys to get our players sent off.

One thing i will say though, and without wishing to be racist against scousers, it dosnt suit a scally to come over all intellectual “hey soft lad, that Nietzches philosiphical theories could be applied to Moyeses view on getting the best out of Fellani”

I dont know about the media, but a carrer as a Bond Villian might suit. Imagine several years down the line,15 minutes gone, Arsenal playing Liverpool at home and Arsene is suddenly distracted, “Ehh, Mr Wenger, its i Joey Barton. You can hear me through the device i had impalnted in your brain when you fell asleep during one of Hill Woods speeches. Also,through my genius, whilst Diaby was on the treatment table, i procured one of my minnows to program him upon my command to score a hatrick of own goals. Unless you deposit 1 billion dollars into my Scouse bank account Mr Wenger Diaby will be activated and you, though i have enjoyed our little conversations, will get the sack”.

27. glic says:

Terry 😆

28. Gooner In Exile says:

Quite a crazy stat

29. glic says:

I think Joey Barton was one of the contenders for my, ” Whose got the biggest Pr**k awards” ( eventually won by Mrs Terry ), but that was just for how he conducts himself, doesn`t mean he`s not intelligent though and the same could be said for JohnTerry. We all thought Gary Neville was an arseole who could have the odd fit of lunacy , but look how he has turned out !.
    Talking of JT, I see he is injured and a doubt for the Euro`s, but he will still go anyway, he we feel quite at home within the racist Ukrainian supporters and is probably looking to buy a holiday home there aswell !.

30. goonermichael says:

He’s taking his spain and holland kits just in case.

31. Carlito11 says:

Thought provoking article dandan. My own take is that Barton displays many of the characteristics of a psychopath (apparently 1% of the population are thought to be) and this will probably succeed in the meeja game. For anyone interested in this stuff- these are thought to be the main traits:
    The two factors

Factor 1: Personality “Aggressive narcissism”

Glibness/superficial charm
    Grandiose sense of self-worth
    Pathological lying
    Cunning/manipulative
    Lack of remorse or guilt
    Shallow affect (genuine emotion is short-lived and egocentric)
    Callousness; lack of empathy
    Failure to accept responsibility for own actions

Factor 2: Case history “Socially deviant lifestyle”.

Need for stimulation/proneness to boredom
    Parasitic lifestyle
    Poor behavioral control
    Lack of realistic long-term goals
    Impulsivity
    Irresponsibility
    Juvenile delinquency
    Early behavior problems
    Revocation of conditional release

I’m sat on a beach so may not be back today 😀

32. glic says:

Bloody hell Carlito, I can pick a few of them traits in me, thats without Mrs glic having her say !. 😆

33. weedonald says:

Barton, IMHO, is trying to paint himself as the Black Sheep of the footballing family with considerable success as far as I can see. That means he wants notoriety (his 15 minutes of fame) and the bad boy image is also actually part of his true personality as well so he doesn’t have to work at it that much. He is quite clever in his manipulation of the media and the fanbase that admires people like him. since he doesn’t possess the skills and nous that George Best had (few ever did) then his next best option is to act the criminal and rebel, which as I already said, fits him perfectly. This strategy will ensure that he is a media darling in Britain, since he is one of them both nationality and media-wise just like Best.
    I met Best while officiating in the NASL and he was, by that time, a burnt-out,alcoholic pitiful figure whose occasionally insane outbursts and actions alientated everyone. He could still play Football but was on the slippery slope to pariah-hood and didn’t have a plan to turn his life around.
    Barton knows that his Footballing days are limited and that he has burnt a lot of his bridges in the Football world but he is smart enough to know that the media might offer him a dignified and profitable exit strategy. He also doesn’t give a damn about what people think about him and since he is a loose cannon (sorry Arsenal), he is best to eventually target a career in a profession that loves loose cannons.

34. SharkeySure'sGhost says:

Great debate starter DD.

My immediate thoughts were of Stan Collymore, and I how struggle tol isten to a word he says, purely because I simply cannot understand how he gets any media work with his track record.

I shoud have just accepted it by now…but I just can;t klet it go. The man’s a complete and utter shitbag.

Don’t start me on Barton. Im pretty disappointed that this is actually a valid question worth debating.

35. evonne says:

Hi Dandan
    Thank you for the post. The answer is NO, i would not be interested in the slightest what Mr Barton has to say. But that is not because of his on the pitch behaviour, no. It is because I don’t think he is witty, particularly knowledgable or worth listening to.

If I wasn’t a Gunner, I might have felt differently about Joey Barton. But I have seen how he picked up Gervinho by a scruff of the neck and shook him like a ragged doll. That was not a pretty sight.

I have a lot of respect for him for trying to better himself and for giving up booze. It is not easy to face life stone cold sober, trust me! But he lived low life for many years and i guess it is going to take him many more years to become a man.

For those reasons – Joey Barton on TV? No, thank you

36. evonne says:

weedonald – 2 dogs, and one of them GSD? Love you already 🙂 You just don’t mind MickyDidIt and Irish

37. SharkeySure'sGhost says:

Ps. Love the banner update

Rasp. Brilliant.

39. evonne says:

SS – it’s terrible!! Queenie looks like Rory Delap

😆 well spotted Sharkey, thanks Raddy

41. goonermichael says:

I’m an anti royalist so I’m not sure about the banner. She’s less of a gooner that Osama Bin Laden too.

Independence for a democratic England!!!!!

42. dandan says:

Evening all, thanks for your contributions: My opinion? Barton is made in heaven for Talk sport and their Peterborough rabble rouser.
    Joey and the so called gooners, who phone in whinging, every time Talk sport deliberately rattles their cages, deserve each other.
    As I won’t listen to the claptrap that excuse of a news station pumps out I suspect i will not be bothered by him..
    I do think however that the advertisers who’s products the station promote, should have a good look at themselves and ask, does Mr Barton fit the image I want for my company and if not, is this the best way to use my budget.

43. Gooner In Exile says:

By the way just noticed the banner, that’s top work Rasp

44. glic says:

One nil to the Arsenal and One kneel to the Queen !

GM @ 2:58
    Terry taking two kits brilliant 🙂

Rasp,
    Do you want a post for tomorrow?
    I’ll be back in 20 mins.

47. glic says:

Personally, I`d like to be Royal Arsenal again , even more classier.
    Real ( Royal) Madrid didn`t become Royal untill 1920.

Real Arsenal !. We might get an Armada of Spanish gooners . Also we can do our own seperate TV deal over there !.

48. Hi Micky

I’m hoping Rocky will be doing one but we’ll need one for Tuesday too so I can always hold onto his or yours so to speak 😉

49. Also evonne is in the middle of writing one too ……. but the more I have in the cupboard the less I have to nag 🙂

Peaches,
    In that case I’ll do two.Can’t be outdone by Rocky or Evonne. 🙂

GliC,
    Is that what “Real” stands for? I never knew that. I keep thinking we should organize a drink in The Royal Oak for a swift one as a pilgrimage then back to the Tavern pre-match one saturday.I googled it once and it doesn’t look great, but history is history.

52. glic says:

Reading my local Parish magazine, I came across a list of aphorisms, one caught my eye, ” If you dont have a sense of humour, you probably don`t have any sense at all “.
    That probably puts me in the elite of AAers who are sensible on here then !. 😆
    I take this to be fact if there are no objections to it ! . 😆

Right, off to scribble a post.

54. glic says:

Yes micky, It was bestowed upon ” Madrid ” in 1920 by King Alfonso ( The Fonz , hey ! )XIII.

55. glic says:

Also noticed in the magazine that my Manc neighbour is holding a Cats Protection League event on 30th June, Damn , another afternoon of bullying, I hate it when them menacing cats come over demanding money !, ” We will scratch your eyes out and crap on your lawn, so pay up ! “. 😦

56. evonne says:

Peaches – take Micky’s, at least his is bound to be funny 🙂 where do I send mine?

57. evonne – to arsenalnuts@live.co.uk have you written it?

58. micky – that sounds like a good idea, to meet for a drink in the Royal Oak as a pilgrimage, we’ll have to try and sort that next season 🙂

59. glic says:

Dont like to put a spanner in the works for your ” Royal Oak” drinking Pilgrimage, but according to Arsenal.com, The Pullman , formally known as the ” Royal Oak ” was demolished to make way for an extention to the Docklands Light Railway. There is another Royal Oak in the area, but not our one .

Post done. Did I beat Evonne? Its a serious one Evonne!

61. Gooner In Exile says:

It seems people are starting to back the Oranje for the Euros.

So if RvP wins a big honour with Holland does he still need to be convinced he has a chance to win them for club?

GliC,
    That’ll be that then 😦

63. evonne says:

Micky – you are as capable of seriousness as I am capable of wisdom 🙂

Spot on Evonne. Both true, thank you very much 🙂

Well its going to be goodnight from me. Goodnight.

66. glic says:

Sorry Micky, didn`t want you getting all inebriated at a fake one !. 🙂

67. glic says:

GIE
    Just the “Honour” of playing for The Arsenal should be enough !.

Dandan
    Fine idea for a Post.
    I can tell you with 100% certainty that Barton has been approached about at least one TV project. It’s nothing to do with football – it’s for him to present a highbrow show!

I suspect his notoriety will, as many have suggested, lead to him having a media career (even if only a brief one).

I spent a bit of time with Collymore once. I found him charming, intelligent and well informed, which kind of surprised me given his rap sheet. I don’t listen to TalkSport so I guess I don’t get to be wound up by him and the others…

Rasp
    Fantastic banner – congratulations.
    Also, I liked the crossword clue a couple of days ago. It took me a while but I got there in the end.

I’m back from my travels now so will try to spend a bit more time chatting this week… 🙂

69. Shard says:

Hey. Don’t have much to say about the post because Joey Barton is not the most pleasant of subjects. I’d rather talk about the banner. Good job on that. As an outsider looking in, I find the British obsession with royalty slightly mystifying, partly amusing, a little annoying, but mostly just a lot of fun. Cheers you guys. I’m not sure when the celebrations are/were, but I hope you have a good time.

70. Gooner In Exile says:

I’m kinda hoping the girls are wives of Arsenal players

Robin, Theo/Szczesny, Bacary, Mikel.

Not sure tho

71. Gooner In Exile says:

Damn it’s in Sun Robin, Theo, Clichy, Cesc

VCC
    Saw your comment yesterday about the Toronto shootings – thanks for the thought.
    I wasn’t there but that mall is about a quarter of a mile from where I live and is normally full of fairly well-heeled shoppers. Everyone’s a bit shocked.

73. oz gunner says:

10.57 Goonerdave + 12.59 GM sum it up for me.

I truly detest the bloke! He is a thug who tries to appear intelligent by spouting off quotes. Most of us have seen the attack out the front of McDonalds, it was dirty, a cheap shot and from memory when the guy wasn’t looking. Someone really needs to take him down a peg on or off the field i’m not fussy!

Unfortunately people like shock value and that is what the thug will bring to the table. It is as cliché’ as it gets with him though, an alcohol problem come off it! It’s a simple way to get people to feel sorry for you, triggering peoples empathy. Lots of Athletes and people say it (a lot with no problem at all I’m sure), doesn’t mean you can act like Barton does and get sympathy for it!

74. Gooner In Exile says:

Interesting on the alcohol front Oz. I’m not sure it’s made major news down under but a keeper with Plymouth killed two children whilst driving drunk in a very high powered Range Rover despite his friends telling him not too.

He is coming to the wndof his sentence and has been on day release with Swindon Town, this has caused all kinds of outrage that he shouldn’t be allowed to play again and lots of Swindon Town fans apparently handing back their season tickets in protest. Whilst it is an extreme case (because of the fatal outcome) it could happen to anyone driving whilst drunk, lessons have not been learned in the football world as we have recently had Pennant and a City reserve (Michael Johnson) arrested for drink driving.

So in light of the media outrage that he could be allowed to play again I ask whether this isn’t double standards there will certainly be no calls for Pennant and Johnson to get lifetime bans, not was there for our own Tony Adams.

You could argue the same for Barton vs Gerard, the latter is about to captain his country in a major competition but a few years back was seen on CCTV beating seven bells out of a lad in a bar in Liverpool, whilst he was found not guilty by the jury the attack still happened fuelled by alcohol. Barton won’t be allowed to set foot in the national team (and not should he) because of his past, but Gerard is allowed to.

75. oz gunner says:

Hadn’t heard that GiE, that is shocking! He shouldn’t be able to see the light of day again for that, let alone play football.
    I think most football players (like celebrities in general i suppose) think they are above the law. In this day and age where everything is public these players should be reprimanded evenly and fairly, so that an example is set for young kids growing up.
    I think for Gerard it was a one off offence, and Adams is perhaps lucky that the media wasn’t as big as it is now when he was playing.

In Aussie Rules Football now teams are very strict on drinking and have strict curfews. That includes back before 12, no drinking when injured, and try and stick to drinking at the club rooms and locals. It’s not too much to ask, you are representing not only yourself, but also the club and the sport. If a player breaks a rule (depending on the severity of it) the leadership team (captain and vice-captains) band together to deal out a punishment, whether it be fine or suspension. People argue that they are ‘real people’ too and should be able to do what they want. Well i don’t think normal people earn the ridiculous amounts of money they do, not to mention kids idolising them. It’s a small price to pay to keep out of trouble, especially supporters who try to get you hot under the collar when your out.

It’s simple if you can’t handle your alcohol don’t drink, if you act like an idiot like Bendtner and co then you should be punished accordingly.

Come on GiE/Oz,
    When you say Gerrard was beating seven bells out of a “lad”, why didn’t you go the whole hog and say beating seven bells out of “a much loved son, grandson and brother who loved his family and pets very much”.
    Talk about slant. Do you know what this nice lad said to Gerrard?

77. oz gunner says:

i was going to micky but apparently he flushed his goldfish down the toilet when he was 5 so i didn’t want to discredit him!
    All I know is the guy wanted to change the music and things got a bit heated. Understandable i suppose because if i was listening to Radiohead and someone flicked it over to Lady Gaga all hell would break loose!

78. VCC says:

Rocky 11:07. Nice one.

79. Scott says:

Oz,AFL do most things better Than any sport in the world.
    It’s is a brilliantly and professionally run sport.
    And the Swans win yesterday was gold!!!

80. oz gunner says:

they sure do Scott, best organised, best athletes.
    But sorry AFL is over atm after the roos dismal effort on the weekend

Oz 🙂
    It was over music! Seems odd the jury would have cleared him. Maybe the lad had a knife and was gently trying to persuade Gerrard.
    I wish I could get excited over the Euros, but it’s just not happening. Can’t egin t decide who I want to win the thing. Spain I think.

egin t ??? Must push harder!

83. oz gunner says:

Liverpool people with knifes? that’s unheard of!
    Nor can I, Germany or Holland for me, but I’m more interested in who we are going to sign!

84. evonne says:

Micky – support Poland! You can switch to Spain towards the second half of the tournament

Oz – really? I am surprised, I thought that drinking was a national hobby in Oz 🙂

Rasp – it appears that I am the only one that didn’t like the banner, that is, I like the witty idea, just think that Quennie looks ugly in the hat 🙂

Evonne,
    England is my team, and I’d really like Roy Hodgson to do well, but they are just so unexciting.
    I’ll just support The Ox and that’s the end of it 🙂

Oz,
    I was just writing a post that incredibly required a moments research. I googled Arsenal, and top of the page is a story about us being interested in Crewe’s 18 year old striker Nick Powell. For £10m!!!!

87. evonne says:

Micky – England?! Don’t be silly! The team is full on Mancs and Chavs, and Totts! Can’t support them!!

Evonne,
    As I said, I support Alex. He just happens to play for my Nation of Birth 🙂

89. evonne says:

Micky – 18 year old for 10mils?! Bargain! You know why, he comes with the Home Grown bonus

90. evonne says:

Micky – unlucky 🙂

91. Scott says:

Micky,I reads an article on Arsenal Defender AlexmOxlaide Chamberlain!!
    Truth be told,I got o further than the title.
    Oz,we really do have it good here.
    I’m over league,but we’ve got competitive comps in so many sports it’s scary.
    Probably the most diverse range on the planet.
    I agree the AFL players are just machines.

92. Scott says:

I’ve changed Oxes name,by the way.
    It’s the Aussie spelling,throwing that m in…

A virile, middle-aged Italian gentleman named Guido was relaxing at his favourite bar in Rome , when he managed to attract a spectacular young blond woman.

Things progressed to the point where he invited her back to his apartment and, after some small talk, they retired to his bedroom where he rattled her senseless.

After a pleasant interlude he asked with a smile, “So, you finish?” She paused for a second, frowned, and replied, “No.”

Surprised, Guido reached for her and the rattling resumed. This time she thrashed about wildly and there were screams of passion.

The sex finally ended and, again, Guido smiled and asked, “You finish?” Again, after a short pause, she returned his smile, cuddled closer to him and softly said, “No.”

Stunned, but damned if he was going
    to leave this woman unsatisfied, Guido reached for the woman yet again. Using the last of his strength, he barely managed it, but they ended together screaming, bucking, clawing and ripping the bed sheets.

Exhausted, Guido fell onto his back, gasping.

Barely able to turn his head, he looked into her eyes, smiled proudly and asked again, “You finish?”

Barely able to speak, the beautiful blond whispered in his ear,

“No, I’m Norwegian.”

94. Gooner In Exile says:

There are rave reviews about that youngster Powell, have a look at his goal in the Play Off final this season….just a bit special.

Hi evonne, you can’t please all the people all the time (especially when it comes to blogging). The queenie banner was just a bit of harmless fun.

Wow. That is Rooney-esque

97. Scott says:

GIE,if we sign him,people will complain that we’ve got another kid.
    If we don’t,they’ll complain we missed another player.

Micky. It is true I was in Rome but was hoping the Italian accent would make me incognito 🙂

99. evonne says:

Rasp – i know and I am sorry I wasn’t more appreciative xx

100. evonne says:

ManU are desperate to sign Nick Powell too

No worries evonne…..

…….New post everyone……….

102. P Nevin says:

Stumbled across this debate on your website re Barton and would just like to say I really enjoyed the intelligence of the entire discussion.

Cheers