The season unravels again

I’m pretty fed up of having to write posts after a miserable game.

Miserable game or miserable result?

Definitely a miserable result. This was a must win game – together with all the other must win games that we haven’t won in the last four since we lost to Wigan. We don’t have long to find out whether the point gained yesterday will be of any value as todays games will either see us stay in the top four or drop out.

We all know that this season, third in the table is far more precious than fourth just in case those west london chavs go on to lift the trophy in Munich and so it would have been so immeasurably wonderful to have just won this game. Instead we scored in the 2nd minute and then failed to play for the next 45 minutes.

Miserable game? Miserable first half. Having started so brightly we then conspired in a pretty typical fashion to let the opposition into the game. What is wrong with us attacking the ball? Is it the New Arsenal way to not think about defending as a team? Not unusually, we conceded a sloppy goal as soon as the 12th minute. How many ridiculous goals have we conceded at the Emirates this season? Far too many and this was followed by another in the 27th minute.

How do we expect to get back into the game when we don’t challenge for the ball, when our mid-field just allows the opposition to waltz through unchallenged?

I really can’t be bothered to write about the nitty gritty of the game and which players did or didn’t performΒ  as I’m sure you can read better reports elsewhere. I know we’re missing Arteta and he has been the glue this season but there are other players who could put in more effort and concentration to ensure we’re tighter in the middle. Just challenging for the ball and working harder would make a big difference.

Anyway, on the half hour mark Sagna went down apropro of nothing and it turns out his leg was broken – poor Sagna. He was replaced by Coquelin which was a bit of luck because I think Coquelin is rather good. Someone kindly played Coquelin a hospital pass for his first touch and he was awarded a free kick following an unfair challenge by Hoolahan who should have been carded. The first half closes 2-1 down.

The mutterings of supporters around me hoping Arsene gave them a good telling off at half-time seemed to be true as they were out early and started brightly. But no, was it going to be one of those days where for all our creative play we just couldn’t put the ball in the net?

Robin could have had at least three already but we know ‘he scores when he wants’ and so it came to be that he found the net for an equaliser. Funnily enough, I had in the previous passage of play implored someone to ‘just put it in the back of the net’ in a rather unladylike way and the very nice young frenchman sitting next to me was rather shocked. Once Robin had scored I wondered whether I should throw caution to the wind and just swear like a trooper. Clearly it worked because Robin scored another to make the score 3-2.

And here it all goes horribly wrong again. There we were deliriously happy, third place almost secure for another few days, singing ‘by far the greatest team’ at the tops of our voices when another lapse in concentration allows Norwich to score for the third time. Talk about having the wind taken out of your sails, crushed is the only way to describe the feeling.

While all that was going on Ramsey was subbed for The Ox on 60 minutes and Yossi came off for Chamakh on 69 minutes.

We may be extremely lucky and hold on to third place but don’t hold your breath as some of this team just didn’t stand up to the challenge of getting us over the line yesterday and there’s no guarantee that next Sunday will be any different. Too many clever touches, too much intricate play, not enough simple football tactics.

Who takes the blame? The team or the manager. This game wasn’t a one off, I’ve seen too many of these this season to be fooled into thinking this is a transition and patience is required. We needed to win today and we didn’t turn up first half and that is just not good enough. There are many that think that success is just around the corner for this team and I believe we have some very good players but do they have the motivation to be successful? On yesterday’s evidence I’m not sure.

Written by peachesgooner

257 Responses to The season unravels again

peaches, sorry i shoud have posted my earlier observation after this post went up.

2. Why don’t you repost it kelsey ……….

I think we are on the same song sheet.

4. Look at the two of us smiling in our sunglasses πŸ˜‰

I am hiding my tears.

6. Me too 😦

You should repost your comment …….

7. Now I’ve got my moan out of the way I feel I should add that I thought Gervihno grew into the game and even though Arsene had to keep telling him to stay out wide he seemed to get stronger as the game wore on. He started off not believing his own ability to beat a player but ended up skinning them for fun.

Come on Gervihno ……………..

Well played Peaches.
    That’s the second time in horribly rapid succession that you’ve been dumped with a grim post match to pen. Thanks, and I agree with every word.

9. Doesn’t add enough defensively though and in the first half he and Sagna were miles apart ……… just saying

(reposted)

Morning all

I managed to see the game though to be truthful had a lot of other things on my mind.
    I have read all the diverse comments and with all due respect, many are playing football manager, as it is always easy to be critical after a match and point out individuals to having a bad game.
    I see it differently. I wasn’t actually surprised that we only drew, as our season has been so unpredictable and even taking account of various injuries but the manner in which we played surprised me. having said that I would suggest that was the worst referring display I have seen this season concerning Arsenal.
    I support the club, but there are many unanswered questions as our season fizzles out. We may finish third to sixth but this squad has not got the depth for various reasons to win the title or CL and maybe a year without CL football might trigger a response from those in charge.
    In a nutshell our tactics were wrong and I have to say that most of the blame lays with Wenger and those who coach the squad. If they can’t motivate the players,regardless of who is available, there is something seriously wrong.I never thought I would feel this way, but time and time again this season (after a poor start) we have collapsed against teams that a top 4 side should beat comfortably. 21 points have been won after coming from behind and by the team chasing the game. Some may argue that is commendable, but it is happening far too often.

(reposted)

GIE,

in answer to your question”why does it take the manager to motivate the players ”

I wish i knew, I agree they should be motivated themselves,especially with so much at stake.
    Chelsea are a good example of a turn around with the same players yet a different manager. Maybe Wenger can’t get though to some of them, maybe some just aren’t capable of raising their game consistently and maybe he himself is being outwitted more an more by the opposition, as basically he keeps to the same game plan.

Thanks for your concern, Raddy

12. Thanks micky, if we’d won I was going to insist that the match report was mine as I’d had to write the dire ones recently. In the end I was fuelled by my anger and a very nice red πŸ™‚

13. Gooner In Exile says:

Peaches well summed up. This was a team performance that led to the miserable result. And there is no point focussing on individuals.

If I was to give ratings yesterday not one player would score over 5. And that’s damning indictment of the way they played as a team but also individually. One swallow does not a summer make. So just because certain players stepped up and delivered for a split second it doesn’t excuse the rest of their performance.

14. I agree that lack of motivation is a key issue here. We’ve looked laboured and tired for a while now. It’s 90 minutes of football in front of your own supporters who went absolutely mental when Yossi put us into an early lead. I don’t understand why in the following 5 minutes we didn’t bother to play but I can assure you we didn’t and I was already thinking why are we letting them into the game?

15. TotalArsenal says:

Thanks for a true and yet composed MR Peaches. πŸ™‚

You are very good at describing the mood, which is simply one of disappointment and dread for what lays ahead.

We had 13 shots on target, scoring 3, and Norwich had 6, scoring 3 (according to BBC), which tells me a lot. I am going to watch the game again in the next few days to see what went wrong regarding composure, organisation and professionally finishing a game off. Until then I am going to keep my head down.

Fully expect to still be in 3rd at the end of today though! πŸ˜€

16. TotalArsenal says:

Peaches, thanks for a true and yet composed MR. πŸ™‚

You are very good at describing the mood during and after the game, which is simply one of disappointment and dread for what may lay ahead.

I will watch the game again in the next few days and try to analyse why we lacked composure and organisation throughout the game, and professionalism to finish the game off once we got in front. For me, lack of motivation is absolutely not the key word. From what I saw on a crappy stream, we missed cohesion, structure, intelligence, togetherness, solidity, formation etc. We looked like 11 headless and eager chickens, running in all directions after we scored the (beautifully executed – DB-like) first goal. In the second half, exactly the same happened once we got in front again.

Very frustrating.

Still think we will still be third at the end today though! πŸ˜€

17. I sat in very posh seats yesterday, not in Club Level but just behind the bank of tv reporters and the passion by those supporters was amazing. I’ve sat there before and it’s been a bit quiet but yesterday all the songs were sung and I felt that they were all there willing the team on.

Marcel Desailly was just in front of me and his commentary must be hilarious as he was going nuts most of the time.

It did make me realise that if there are dissenters in the crowd who sit near the reporters how easy if would be to hear them over their commentary.

18. Ibrahim says:

I watched the game in a local viewing center kano, Nigeria. I saw two teenage boys rooted on their seats five minutes after the final whistle, they were in total shock. Nigeria i beleive has the highest arsenal fan base in africa and these inconsistency deprive the arsenal fan to voice out loud at the ‘argue’ corner with other rival fans. The players were awful yesterday and most fans i heard thinks adding a player or two is not the only solution, many sugested a technical expert is needed to handle that defence wall.

19. TA – you do make me laugh πŸ˜€

20. TotalArsenal says:

I thought I lost my previous comment, so did another one, only to see now that it was not lost after all…

Very enjoyable read Peaches. Never let it be said that the fairer sex don’t know their football !

Not much to say that hasn’t been said already.

22. TotalArsenal says:

Peaches, that avatar totally suits you πŸ™‚

23. Hi Ibrahim – it’s incredible to think of fans in Nigeria also being badly affected by this result. It’s not going to be much fun here in North London today if results go against us ……. 😦

24. goonermichael says:

I want to an amazing opening party at a celebrity chef’s resturant last night. Never seen so many fit women in one place. Better than the football that’s for sure.

25. oz gunner says:

well done peaches, couldn’t agree more, a very dismal effort.

Yes Arsene’s lack of a plan B amazes me, but this playing group what in the bloody hell is going on? As people have mentioned where is the motivation? You see more spirit and fight in the sunday leagues yet they don’t get paid money by the truck load, plus come on put in some effort for pat rice.

A shake up needs to happen.

One thing that pisses me off though is ref decisions stopping any sort of aggressiveness in a match. Tommy V laid a great tackle yet received a yellow. Holt was throwing his body around all game, yet when he’s about to lose the ball he throws his body to the ground like he’s shot and wins a free kick. Gives me the absolute willys!

GM. Deeply envious …..

Listen to the lyrics of Play with Fire by the Stones πŸ™‚

27. evonne says:

GiE – sorry, somehow I missed your earlier comments. And thank you for your views on Szczy ( means ‘pisses’, as in ‘he pisses against a wall’, honestly). I didn’t think the second was his fault, but Peaches convinced me otherwise.

Ok, I am off to read peach of a post

28. oz gunner says:

@ RuVP

what a pathetic week of sports huh, stuff the eagles, stuff the scum, and stuff nate diaz!!!

29. TotalArsenal says:

Hey Oz, is it your birthday today?

30. Red Arse says:

Hi Peaches, πŸ™‚

A lovely, and beautifully scribed Report. πŸ™‚

How could anyone who purports to be a Gooner read that eloquent summary and not empathise with you and your sentiments?

I am so pleased that you did not personalise matters and wave an admonishing finger at individual players. To fairly and impartially apportion blame to individuals would be impossible.

Mass hysteria has always lurked in society at large.

For example, in the middle ages, if a sheep fell sick in a field, the villagers had to find someone to blame. Some would have responded out of superstition and their rationale was often that the woman who picked herbs and made concoctions to help the minor ailments of her neighbours, was deemed to be the cause of the sheep sickness because she was a witch ………… and needed to be burnt.
    Others would have acted out of malevolence or spite.
    Pity the poor woman!

You are right, of course, some players yesterday were not quite up to scratch, some might have had an ‘off day’, some might not have responded to the manager’s instructions, etc, etc, who knows the causes, but those who feel the need to castigate or scapegoat one player or another need to stop and look at themselves.

That is not to say we should not call things as we see them.
    For myself there were so many things I was cross with that I fear that to point them out, I would only be reacting to my own personal disappointment.

OK, here’s 3 to be getting on with.

1) When we were 3:2 up with a few minutes to go, why did we not re-group and see the game out? Tactically, why did Gibbs and TV go walk-about upfield leaving no one at home when Morison scored?

2) What is this desire to pass back to the keeper and leave him to wallop the ball into touch or to the opposition to counter-attack.

3) Controversial this one — our hero yesterday was 2 goal RVP, where would we be without him? But, he was also responsible for missing at least another 3 goals, which, if taken, by a man of his brilliance would have seen us singing a different tune.

I don’t include in the above, or blame him, for the appalling refereeing decision not to award him a penalty for a blatant shove which would have given us victory, and him a hat trick!

That’s football — that’s life!

31. dandan says:

Morning all. Nice one peaches, Not a good result unless the Spuds and Toon lose.

I think it is important not to throw out the baby with the bathwater (what a strange expression).

For 30 minutes of the second half we played very well. Dominated the game and set up chance after chance. Had we held onto the lead we would be hailing a fine victory. There were positives.

One of which was the neutral viewer was treated to a fantastic game of two teams committed to attacking football. It was one of the games of the season.

33. dandan says:

Peaches is Rasp playing ricket today?

34. Reddawn says:

Shambolic is the word that comes to mind after watching Arsenal’s offering on Saturday. I have vented my spleen many a time on the usual suspects, but today I refuse to be drawn, having more regards for my own health. There is a strong possibility that we will not be playing CL football next season, this may well have its own ramification for the club. Would RvP remain at Arsenal knowing that his chances of holding aloft the CL cup in the near future, or ever having the chance, has been ruined. Will the new right hand man for Wenger be able to bring some strength to our wobbly defence? Can this present team fight its way back into the CL next season if they have to? All the above could be superfluous if we fluke that wonderful 3rd place, but the clouds of doom are gathering fast!

RA. Are you suggesting we burn Modric? If so, seems a perfectly reasonable suggestion

36. evonne says:

Peaches – excellent post. You have clearly calmed down before you started to write. It has to be said, you were not at your best soon after the game πŸ™‚

Chas calls days after a poor game/result a match autopsy day. I think it is funny, but very appropriate. You take everything apart and look for anything bad/abnormal/suspicious. You don’t bother with any good/normal features, just concentrate the whole energy at fault finding.

so it takes non-Arsenal fans to put some perspective and say what a marvellous game of football it was. Ok, I thought it was a great game, especially the second half, and ok, I didn’t enjoy it because I am a Gunner, but I did see some brilliance from our team (that little back flick from Song for example?)

And like Kelsey said – a year out of CL might do us a world of good. Look at the Geordies, a year out of PL improved them immensly.

37. Red Arse says:

Randy,

I agree with your observation that, “It is important not to throw the baby out with the bath water” is a strange expression.
    Throw them both out — why not? πŸ™‚

38. dandan says:

<<<<<<< Shakes BR's Cyber Hand and says Correct. I enjoyed the last half hour tremendously then I watched the cup final, perhaps we should sign King Kenny πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ 😦

39. Scravaldio says:

Great article spot on it was piteful. I used to play for a really bad football club down in Cornwall. We were relagation fodder every season we would stay up by the skin of our teeth. Then one week we had a new coach who simply didn’t except defeat. He changed our formation he dropped so called star players and replaced with less skillfull players with better attitudes. We stayed up and the next season even won a cup! For my old club this was outstanding and it all came because of a massive change in personnel and more importantly attitude. Our current Arsenal squad don’t have any players challanging for there spots on a consistent basis who are good enough to keep them out of the squad. In fact our squad is so weak that Ramsey can consistently underperform and still not get dropped. AW has created a situation were the players have nothing to fear. There wage is higher than it would be anywhere else and the minute they think they can do better they move on. This is all down to the manager, its up to the manager and the board to bring in the right players at the right quality and it then the managers job to give them the right attitude when going on the pitch. If they screw up there should be a queue of quality players waiting to take there place. When people spend there hard earned money at Arsenal you have to wonder if the players are earning it and I think AW needs to understand that for our money the least we expect is some hard work. If I underperform at work I get replaced. AFC should be the same. I’m so disappointed this morning I could barely right this but you don’t need to be an international football coach to work out whats going wrong as the tactics are identical each week as we don’t have a squad with any flexability. The attitude stinks, one more season I will give AW as I have reached the end of my paitience and I never I would say this but if he doesn’t clear out ALL the deadwood and bring in at least five world class siginings and really spend OUR money then he has to go. Really sad writing this as all I want is for AW to be successfull again. (with us not barca πŸ™‚

40. Red Arse says:

Raddy,

Burn Modric? What a dreadful distortion of my historical comparator.

The proper process is the fair and ethical judicial “Dunking”.
    Tie him to a chair, push him underwater for 10 minutes and if he survives he is obviously guilty and should be burnt.

If he drowns then he clearly is innocent ………………. and it might not be necessary to burn him! πŸ™‚

That’s a very fair account peaches.

There are many things I could say, but as everything is a bit raw I’ll just make this one point:

Our system of training is the root cause of the problem.

Yesterday we had only one of our new signings on the pitch – Benayoun, and he was arguably our best player before he tired. Mertesacker and Arteta in particular have brought a mature, no frills approach to our game that covered up the old inadequacies that have been a feature of the last 4 or 5 years.

Without the new players, we reverted to the old Arsenal yesterday. An apparent lack of hunger and work rate, we didn’t defend as a team, we didn’t work hard when not in possession, we didn’t close down and harry the opposition high up the pitch. For the first and third goals we backed off them in midfield and invited them onto our back four because the central midfield was nowhere to be seen.

Offensively (in the first half certainly) we were way too slow and ponderous in midfield and were constantly overrun and outmuscled.

When RvP put us in front, we suddenly decided we were Barca again and instead of doing the simple thing and keeping possession of the ball, we went charging forward, lost possession and they punished us on the break. We deserved to lose yesterday, unfortunately the seeds of that loss had been sewn on the training pitch over the last few years.

42. oz gunner says:

@ TA

sure is, and i feel over the moon after an insipid performance by my two sporting teams not to mention my man cold which has left me sicker than a girl whose just woken up next to rooney after a night on the turps!

43. Happy Birthday Oz πŸ™‚

44. Red Arse says:

Hi Oz, πŸ™‚

So that’s what ‘over the moon’ means down under?

45. TotalArsenal says:

Happy Birthday Oz, you share it with George Clooney and Sigmund Freud. That’s all you need: beauty and brains! πŸ™‚ Shame you are four days away from DB10’s birthday!

46. oz gunner says:

cheers peaches, RA, and TA

@ RA

what does it mean up there?

@ TA

i can’t share a birthday with god can i haha. Makes sense then, george stole all the looks so the rest of us on may 6th god left with the scraps

47. goonermichael says:

happy birthday oz. Didn’t see the game last night so can’t comment. Terrible thunderstorm here. My stomach is playing havoc too. This end of season flop is becoming too regular. Needs a change. I think rasp has a point about the training.

HB Oz. Wishing you a year full of adventure and silver(ware)

Hi oz, Many Happy Returns – are you going to be celebrating by opening a few tinnies and tossing a prawn on the barbie? πŸ˜•

50. samuel says:

Only one person responsible for Arsenal,s seven seasons without
    ant trophies in the Emirates cabinet,so time for Monsieur Wenger
    to pack up and leave the club as he cannot possibly take Arsenal
    any further than he aleady has,if the one -eyed fickle Arsenal fans
    prefer to hang;in Arsene we trust;banners all over the stadium,well
    that,s just window dressing as certain players need to move on or
    warm the bench more often ,whilst the previous bench warmers ne
    ed more playing time,Chamakh,Oxlade-Chamberlain,Ben-Ayoun,Co
    quelin ,Andre Santos etc. ,way too late for excuses from Arsene now with the 3rd place CL qualifiying place about to be lost to either Sp
    urs or Newcastle?

51. Red Arse says:

Morning Rasp, πŸ™‚

Can’t argue against any of that.

You probably know me well enough to agree I have always been a staunch ‘Wengerite’.
    I am now, reluctantly, coming to the view that a good, decent man, and a once brilliant manager should, for his own benefit, as well as in the best interests of the club stand down.

Seeing him becoming more and more stressed on the touchline I am beginning to fear for his health. In life everything has its time span, be it a Ford Canardly or a Bugatti Bug, and I think the same truism applies to managers too. Great one’s like Arsene and others not so great.

I say that not simply because of the game yesterday, but it is a feeling that has been growing for some time now.

I think his decline has been exacerbated by the environment in which he works. He does not have anyone in authority with a similarly strong personality who he can bounce problems off, or challenge him in a friendly but clinical fashion.

Fizman has gone. Dein is history. Kroenke is like an absentee landlord, who, with his first love US sports taking up all his time, appears to have very little interest in Arsenal.

Matters are likely to take a turn for the worse for Arsenal and Arsene, in the near future, because whether or not we manage to get CL football next year, I think RVP will go to Spain, if the opportunity arises. Who, as a top player, after an almost trophy-less career could refuse to do so. Who could begrudge him?

If any of you AAers can convince me I am wrong, please do so, but in the ‘worst case’ what appears to be a gloomy prognosis, both about AW and RVP, can often turn out to be for the best.
    Just look at what happened at Newcastle!! πŸ™‚

RA. No-one knows what RvP wants for his future apart from the man himself.

As to AW. I would like him to see out his contract and bring through his successor.

Time for a post-mortem after season’s end

53. Red Arse says:

Oz,

‘Over the Moon’ probably means the same here as in Oz, i,e, ‘very happy’.

Your juxtaposition of your losing sports teams and a young girl’s woes waking up with the granny shagger Rooney seemed to be anything but!!

Of course I assumed you were being ironic! πŸ™‚

54. Kanone says:

Arsene being the honourable guy that he is will resign in the summer, having first helped to find his replacement.
    Probably to much to ask that the CEO does the same.

Hi RA, I would like to see AW leave on a high (as would he I’m sure) but I cannot see it unless there are drastic changes. Sadly it is looking more likely that his unparalled achievements in the first half of his time at Arsenal will be tainted by what has followed subsequently – and probably due to the reasons you identify.

56. Red Arse says:

Raddy,

How disappointing that you do not want to hear my views on AW and RVP, neither of which were ‘post mortems’.

That term implies an autopsy on a dead body carried out after death, and nothing was further from my mind.

As you want me to wait until after the season end to express my views, and I do not want to get into today’s blood-letting after yesterday’s game, I will take your advice and say farewell.

57. robbinURpersie says:

Well done Peaches…Respect!

Nothing more needs to be added to what has already been said by many on here..

disappointed…. 😦

Once again we must rely on results from other games having to go our way…like we havnt been lucky in that regard already..

Momentum is the key for the Arsenal of late..i was deeply upset and angered by the QpR result and regardless of the many wise posters on this site saying that it was a slip and we would recover, i knew then and then that our ship had sailed then..

we had momentum and the confidence was snow-balling..at the same time our rivals were building a momentum of bad results/displays with a fixture list piled onto them and yet we could not seize the opportunity..

counting chickens…

where to from here?

i dont know…support that dick mark hughes like he was an old mate and celebrate the injection of oil money into the best league on this planet…its all we can hope for today as tommorrow is another day…

Doris says it best……

Que Sera Sera

58. Kanone says:

If, by some chance we end up with CL football next season, will that mean “all’s well that ends well”?
    Since 1968 I don’t remember feeling so down on the way home.

RA. You can’t slip off that easily πŸ™‚

You know what I meant. ….. but perhaps post-mortem was the wrong word.

We will have plenty of time to discuss the pro’s and con’s of the manager, the squad, the board, the ground, the pitch, the club song, the kit, the reserve team manager and Uncle Tom Cobbley et al.

60. evonne says:

Oz – 100 lat, 100 lat, niech zyje, zyje nam!! xx

61. robbinURpersie says:

Oz,
    i can smell the turps from here..hope you have an awesome day and avoid the scenario of waking up next to shrek..

by the way, i couldnt organise Giroud, and Vertonghen said he would think about it, but….

BUT, i did have a yarn with a special bloke..
    Bastian Schweinsteiger sends his regards and wishes you a ‘Hepi Brzday’..he said you could collect his gift for you on May 20th..you can pick it up out of Che$kis onion bag…not once but thrice πŸ™‚

Kanone.

How about the semi-final v Spurs?

Or the home game v Derby, followed by the draw with Wimbledon pre- Anfield ’89.

Or Swindon (as you mention ’68).

The list is very long 😦 but that is what being a football fan is all about. Rough with the smooth

63. dandan says:

What a crazy world we live in. Wenger and Ferguson Iconic managers both are being told they have to go this weekend. It seems Maureen really is the chosen one.
    Well gentlemen in many ways I would like AW to walk away, but find myself being torn apart by the conflict of you guys getting what I think you deserve as opposed to seeing my beloved lovingly built Football Club destroyed by some Mercenary Egomaniac. With a proven capacity for spending and short term glory seeking.

64. oz gunner says:

cheers rasper, Big daddy and GM

@ RA

couldn’t agree more with your 11.49, spot on for both comments.

@ Rasp

not a fan of seafood so i’ve gone with a few sausages with cooked onion (sorry TA no raw stuff here haha) and some roast spuds. followed by a horror movie (no not Arsenal’s game last night), and a good book

enjoy your day everyone. come on villa and man city (not you nasri you can get stuffed!)

65. robbinURpersie says:

my 12.08,

i meant McLeish not Hughes..but they’re still both dicks..im a bit disorientated today, just cant seem to find my bearings..

66. oz gunner says:

@ Evonne

Evonne dzięki, cieszyć się dzień. może arsenał wygrać 100 trofeów w 100 lat!

@ Ruvp

haha cheers, perhaps after that day he can swing around to north london and have a talk to Arsene about signing a contract with us. I’d appreciate that!

67. goonermichael says:

I can’t agree with the “he deserves better” or the “who can blame him?” Attitude about Rvp. We stood by him for years of injury. if he goes after one great season then I’ll think of him like cesc or nasri.

68. robbinURpersie says:

like clockwork…

you can always find a little humour on the Arsenal website, especially after a disappointing result..you always find some quotes from players stating that we must focus on our next game…

NO SHIT SHERLOCK

69. evonne says:

Oz – you are not just a pretty face, are you πŸ™‚ bless you kiddo, have a good day and 100 trophies in next 10 years

70. robbinURpersie says:

GM,

over 100 goals for our great club, injured or not..
    if we trip over the line into CL it will be mostly thanks to him..which in turn will provide the money, we dont have, to spend on players like Podolski etc..

If he goes we should also look to our board for answers..

Thanks for the post Peaches. I think i fall, or rather i know, ime one of those that believes succes is round the corner and yesterdays game, or even faliure to qualify for Champions league does not dent my belief. In fact, if we dont qualify, then rather than think we can win the league next year, i know we will win it so i will be happy whatever this seasons outcome.

As for Arsene Wenger, next season we will win the league and people will be begging him to sign a new contract and luckily for us he will. He wont leave because he knows that we are on the cusp of a great team. He wants the UCL and in the next few years he will get his hands on it, but maybe not next year hehehe.

Happy Birthday Oz. Have a great day. Dont worry about Arsenal, glory is round the corner.

72. VCC says:

Happy Birthday OZ.

73. Kanone says:

Cheers for that Big Raddy, feel so much better now mate!
    Seriously though, on those occasions you’ve listed I always thought ‘next time’.
    Right now, can’t see things getting better any time soon.
    But that’s enough of the doom and gloom from me, off to the pub.

74. Songinho says:

We shouldn’t be worried about UCL.It is still in our hands coz Sp*ds are too inconsistent to make top 3 in the League…New member,coz I love your spot-on posts

Hello TMHT,

I think you have a rose tinted syrup πŸ™‚

Welcome Songinho,

I hope you are right. We will have a better picture in 2 hours time, but whatever the other results, it will come down to the last game of the season = West Brom away for the Arsenal.

Newcastle vs Man C and Aston Villa vs Spurs are both being shown live in Canada. I’ll be back and forth between both games.

Boy oh Boy do we ever need some help from Man C and Villa, but whether we deserve any help is a whole other subject.

78. evonne says:

it seems my telly is running in a slow motion. Is either that or the Shitty game is tragically slow

79. evonne says:

and Joe Hart looks like an ugly woman, with bleached hair and plucked eyebrows, yak

80. evonne says:

yes Evonne, but you are too much of a coward to watch the Spurs game, it is probably faster in one direction

81. robbinURpersie says:

lol

Evonne,

Sounds like there is an echo?

83. evonne says:

GN5 – thank God it’s the echo, I thought I was talking to myself, again πŸ™‚

Well at least you get the right answers………….

Spurs game is really dull but they look the most likely.

nothing wrong with that Evonne hehehe.

Joe Hart….shirley from eastenders

87. evonne says:

GN5 – nope, I am very capable of having an argument with myself, no pleasing some people

Terry – ha ha ha, yes, scrafy Shirley πŸ™‚

1-0 VILLA

89. VCC says:

1-0 Villa

90. evonne says:

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeewwwww,,,eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew
    Villa winning

91. dandan says:

Villa 1 0

Couldn’t be any better in off of Gallas.

93. VCC says:

This is not good for my heart

94. evonne says:

VCC – could be worse, it could be your large intestine

1-0 CITY

96. evonne says:

good yaya πŸ™‚

At this moment in time our one point yesterday looks HUGE!

98. evonne says:

danny rose sees red πŸ™‚ hey!!

Spurs down to 10 men Danny Rose sent off…………

100. evonne says:

footballing fairies have been on drugs all weekend, there is no other explanations to all this madness

101. evonne says:

it was horrible, i thought he broke his leg. Arry’s reaction was nice

102. VCC says:

Long way to go yet GunnerN5

YA YA it’s 2-0

VCC, at least one position has now become available.

105. evonne says:

Yaya 2? good, now can concentrate on spurs

Howard Webb has been inconspicous – strange I thought there would be a SAF effect.

1-1 at Villa.

108. Nick says:

Well I never thought I’d cheer for Man City and atoure Taya is certainly a player we should’ve bought when he left Barcelona! City about to beat Newcastle 2-0. Vila up 1-0 on Spurs.

I should be happy but I’m really not. I want to qualify for the CL because we won regardless of what the other two pretender teams do. How can I be happy if we qualify when it means Clichy & Nasri are Champions?!?!?

We need a page 1 rewrite as they say. I struggle to find reasons RVP should want to stay and I struggle to believe Wenger can take us any farther.

It’s back in our hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

110. evonne says:

back in our hands πŸ™‚

111. Red Arse says:

Take that you Spuds 1:1

112. evonne says:

GN5 πŸ™‚

There is an echo.

114. Red Arse says:

Dodgy penalty given to the Spuds for their equalizer!!
    Have a look later! What do you think?

{I might be biased mind, but there you go!} πŸ™‚

115. Gooner In Exile says:

It’s in our hands! πŸ™‚

116. dandan says:

Danny Rose paid us back for that lucky lucky goal he got against us a couple of years ago. πŸ™‚

117. dandan says:

GIE you were begining to doubt, πŸ™‚

118. robbinURpersie says:

tomorrow i invest in a lottery ticket..we have been so lucky with other results this season its not even funny any more…well that and the bleeding obvious…………………………….

SPUDS ARE SHITE

hehehehe

120. Gooner In Exile says:

Right then 3 points away to West Brom…..how hard can it be.

I say we make the squad run all week and don’t give them a ball or goal to shoot at so come Sunday all we want to do is keep the ball and score goals.

That is from the coaching manual of one of my first coaches, who to be fair was from a different era.

He once said in a team talk before a big game:

“Go out there run round chase everyone kick anything that moves and then we’ll throw the ball on after half hour or so” πŸ™‚

He also told me once that I shouldn’t be worried to knee the ball away occasionally, I think he was still playing in Stanley Matthews era of doesn’t matter how the ball goes over the line and wanted to avoid me being charged into my own net (I was a little less weighty then).

121. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

122. dandan says:

Robbin have they not been lucky with ours? or we would have been out of sight, it has been that kind of season, my eldest the city fan appears to be chuffed tonight.

123. How hard can it be?

124. United have to beat Swansea 11-0 to go back on top – now that is a big ask πŸ™‚

According to how results go with a draw we could be worst way fourh and a win it will be third

.Villa are so poor and Spurs today were pretty poor also, and gallas was in a flap again.

chamakh to score the winner next week.

All the players should be knocking on the manager’s door saying “please sir, pick me” πŸ™‚

peaches there is a scheduled 35 minutes injury time having been arranged.

127. POST OFFICE

= YET HE SELLS JON SAMMELS FOR Β£100,000=
    = MEE HAS LOST THE PLOT =
    =MEE OUT=

128. If we do this next sunday, beat West Brom that is, I will be so happy πŸ™‚

129. dandan says:

Yes Kelsey I think they should pick you toooooooo πŸ™‚

130. Do you think anyone has told Rocky the spud result? I might have to email him πŸ˜‰

It’s not just a matter of getting 3 points next week we must also maintain a better goal difference than Spurs, At the moment our goal difference is one better than Spurs.

So if we win 1-0 and Spurs win 3-0 then they take third, if we are both tied on GD then we take 3rd by more goals scored.

We are away to WBA and their home record is —
    W6, D3, L9, GF19, GA19.

Spurs are at home to Fulham whose away record is…..
    W4, D5, L9, GF12, GA, 23.

It’s going to be a roller coaster on Sunday the 3th.

132. robbinURpersie says:

dandan,
    agreed but on many weekends it was not just one result that benefited us..on some occassions it was two or more that went our way..no complaints here sir…but we have been a very generous bunch over the last several years πŸ™‚

why do spuds want or need a bigger stadium? (tis the riddle of the day πŸ™‚ )

hey lets all change our gravatars to wengers face and get on some spuds sites and speak french..im sure they will warm to the efforts we put in…

hahahahahahahhahahaahhahah LMFAO hahahahahhahahaha

133. Red Arse says:

TELEGRAPHIC BLOG TO 1970’S GOONER, C/OF GLICSTER

I think you should be sacked too, stop

please stop, stop

stop, stop ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

134. POST OFFICE
    TELEGRAM
    From…………..1970`S GOONER
    To…………….OZ GUNNER

= HAPPY BIRTHDAY=
    =I HAVE SENT X ONE=
    =MANUAL=
    =100 WAYS OF PLAYING KISS CHASE WITH YOURSELF=
    = MIRROR ESSENTIAL =

Oops I forgot we have one more point than Spurs, Phew!!!!

136. robbinURpersie says:

is spuds v fulham considered a derby?

sorry, i sucked in geography

137. Red Arse says:

If we win next week we will be 3rd, on 70 pts

If Spurs win next week they will have 69 pts

Just saying.

138. Red Arse says:

Robin,

It is classed as a London Derby. Probably 15 miles apart (?)

139. robbinURpersie says:

cheers Redders…that wont be easy, dempsey in the form of his life

140. I have sent an email to Arsene, he can have the 3 points off my Driving Licence, sorted !

141. Bayonne Jean says:

There’s a fantastic scene in Lina Wertmuller’s film, “Seven Beauties”, where one of the concentration camp inmates dives headlong into a giant vat of piss and shit. Never thought I’d ever see that occur in real life.

Has anybody seen Arsene Wenger today?

142. Red Arse says:

I think he said he was going to fish you out Bayonne.

143. robbinURpersie says:

making a macchiato for RvP

144. Sorry , Super MR.
    I must confess, before I came onto this site, I was guilty of thinking Women knew nothing about football, how wrong could I have been.
    Thankyou peaches, e va va vonne and Irish.

Arsenes Angels.

145. TotalArsenal says:

πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

146. VCC says:

It’s never over until the fat lady sings.

147. evonne says:

Total – what are you laughing about, ha?

148. This is mad, yesterday I wanted chocolate because I was so miserable and today I want chocolate because I’m so happy.

149. jnyc says:

Peaches, nice article, but i want to say about your later post, im glad someone agrees with me about gervinho.
    —- i think he will be good for us, so much talent, and needs a little work on finishing. Sometimes im shocked that fans dont see the talent.
    — i would much prefer gerv, and ox to walcott. I may be in the minority here, but these boys can create something when there is nothing. I find theo over rated. Though i admit that he has improved his finishing.

150. evonne says:

Peaches – why don’t you have some chocolate?

Villa were so poor, unbelievable. I think they only had 1 shot on target and scored.

Micky – Spurs had 21 corners!!! and nothing of it, dodgy pen

Apparently, spurs didn’t win a single game since November after opposition scored against them first. No balls, no character, ha ha

151. evonne says:

Peaches – ManU already have 2 against Swansea, 9 more to go.
    In 10 mins

Anyone got a toothpick as I have some lobster stuck in my teeth?

153. evonne says:

yak, that’s disgusting Didit. Terrific problem to have, init πŸ™‚

Thank you City and thank you Villa. Phew, back in our own hands.

Happy Birthday Oz

156. I had a look on Legover, I have a sneeking suspicion they dont like Arsene !.

157. Reddawn says:

The Gods are with us. As an Atheist you can understand the stress I was under! Anyway, the ball is back in our court and our future is in our hands. My last morsel of advice to Mr Wenger is……….whatever you do in the last game DON’T BLOODYWELL PLAY RAMSEY!!

Reddawn – Hear Hear !!!!

Hello All
    What’s been happening?

160. TotalArsenal says:

Evonne,

Because I am a happy Gooner again πŸ™‚

Because I am musing about the opposite of Peaches title: ‘The season ravels again’, which does not make any sense, as unravel and ravel mean the same! πŸ™‚

Because I am thinking about the fat lady still singing and Adele being a rather large Spud! πŸ™‚

Because I am having a sugar-rush from too much cake today πŸ™‚

161. Gooner In Exile says:

Not a lot Rocky….just a bit of proof that even though 3rd or 4th isn’t a trophy it’s still f***ing important to Gooners

162. Hi Rocky – I just know you’re gonna hit me really hard with your post tomorrow πŸ˜› πŸ˜€ πŸ˜†

163. evonne – because I haven’t got any 😦

164. Bayonne Jean says:

RA, you misconstrued my message. We have a saying where we’re from that if a bloke is really, really fortunate, he must have stepped in it, and a big smelly pile of it. I was only trying to intimate that AW had to have a liberal dose of luck today if Arsenal were to stay in control of their destiny.

Although when you look at the results from the past
    four fixtures….

165. TotalArsenal says:

Hi Johnnie – not many people overrate Theo. As soon as he has a couple of bad games most Gooners want to get rid of him again. With 8 goal or an 8 assists in 32 PL games he has had a fine season for us. The Ox is a promising talent, but we cannot expect too much of him at this stage. Like you, I rate Gervinho and I hope he”ll finish the season on a high for us.

166. dandan says:

Bayonne we have a saying if you lead with your chin expect someone to hit it, unfortunately your post looked like a very nice chin so please don’t blame Red. πŸ™‚

I made a pact with the gods not to look at today’s scores – or at anything to do with football – until after the Toon and Spud games had finished today. In return neither of those teams would win.

I held up my end.

The gods held up theirs.

Next week we’ll thump WBA and the Spuds will fail to beat Fulham.

It doesn’t mean everything in the garden is rosy, but if we can secure third AW will have a much freer hand in the transfer window. He can see the same problems we all see and he’ll want to fix them.

With the mix of youth and experience our squad has (plus new additions) we will be at least 10-20% better next season and that will give us a real shot at the title.

Whoops… getting ahead of things. First things first – let’s beat the Albion.

168. goonermichael says:

I was just having ice cream and across the road I could just make out a screen in a bar showing the slid match. When it finished they zoomed in on twitchy and my heart sank. Then they reshowed macliesh applauding the fans so I guessed it was a draw. Just seen the city score. Yessssssssssss

169. Rocky,
    I offer my MiL as a sacrifice to your Gods next week, dont disappoint me, I want her well charcoaled !.
    My worry Is, how many gift horses have we looked in the mouth ?.
    `Arry being a gooner , is doing his darnest to help us out , he has given us another one today, but after next week there`ll be gone . It`s time to cash In on this luck !.

170. evonne says:

GM – ice cream? ice cream?? i had my nails for lunch today!!

171. evonne says:

Peaches – you have a box of Ferrero Roche hearts you were going to give to me

172. TotalArsenal says:

We need to give everything one more time to beat WB, but I have no doubt that Fulham will be fired up against the Spuds and might get a result themselves at SHL.

Remember how Jol was treated back in the summer/autumn of 2007?

Time for revenge!

173. goonermichael says:

It’s impossible for me to watch evonne. I think I can watch next week but even here it’s full of bloody mancs. Great post peaches BTW.

174. But I fancy Maltesas or a Bounty or Chocolate covered Peanuts 😳

175. evonne says:

And, looking objectively I would like to ask Wenger’s critics if they agree with Tottenham fans that are calling for Redknapp’s head? Has Redknapp lost the plot and needs to be replaced? I don’t think so, objectively I think he has done a fantastic job for them

176. Thanks gm πŸ™‚

After everyone has finished praying to the footballing gods could they turn their hands to the weather please – although I’m delighted it’s not raining, a little sunshine would be greatly appreciated.

177. evonne says:

GM – bad timing that trip of yours. We miss your comments 😦

Peaches – or is it because you scoffed my Ferrero already?

GLiC
    I suggested offering up your MIL already but the gods ran away screaming.

Evonne
    I thought this was a great comment: “Today’s results do not prove that Arsenal are a great team or that we are better today than we were yesterday, But they show how bloody difficult it is this time of year, under so much pressure to perform and to deliver.”

179. evonne says:

Rocky – thank you πŸ™‚

180. Rocky πŸ˜†
    You cant pull the wool over them Gods eyes, they know something hideous when they see it !

181. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

What’s all this about holding up your end?

Little blue pills may help, so Glic tells me!! πŸ™‚

182. NSgunner says:

Evonne, your comment “Today’s results….etc.” is the most sensible one that I’ve read today. When Arsenal loses its composure, it seems that a lot of fans follow suit.

183. evonne says:

NSgunner – thank you. Don’t get me wrong, I was in bits yesterday and chewed my nails during Spurs and Shitty games, but hey, sometimes you have to take the rough with the smooth.

It wouldn’t be much fun if we won every game, or would it πŸ™‚

184. james says:

Who ever is sick of writing about miserable result. I have but one question are you dumb or blind. This miserable roller coaster ride we call the gunner 2012 season is nothing to cry then pias all over. Alot of players have come up big. With the emerges of song and some defensive improvements.tho there are still alot of holes the future looks bright, stop crying….

185. Rwothomio denis says:

I think that game was a clear indication that Wenger must quickly go to the market, and depose off some players.

Redders
    Don’t be cheeky. You’ll get us into trouble πŸ™‚

187. Caravaggio says:

Excellent report, Peaches. You should write more. πŸ™‚
    You’ve captured the frustration and disappointment of yesterday beautifully.

Is it true what i just read on another blog that when the players came back out for a lap of honour to the fans,Song strolled on, went to the centre circle and didn’t salute the crowd. i hope not.

from Ashburton Grove:For the most part the players clapped the fans. There was one exception – Alex Song. He seemed to join the lap late, walked around the inside of the pitch and I don’t believe he clapped or waved at the fans once. He was an utter disgrace in my mind.

No-one listened when I said the N17 comedians would struggle at AV.

There is a reason they have been a laughung stock for 40 years.

190. dandan says:

Celebrity Fan Ian Poulter Golfer.

Currently 25th in golf’s world rankings, Hitchin-born Poulter has been recovering from pneumonia and finished third at the recent Arnold Palmer Invitational and seventh at The Masters. As well known for his fashion sense as for his golf, Poulter once turned up to play a tournament round wearing an Arsenal shirt β€” the rules were changed to prevent a repetition, but the Gunners’ club crest often features on Poulter’s golf shoes.

191. evonne says:

Raddy – I listened, I thought you said clowns not comedians

“I held up my end.

The gods held up theirs.”

I love this.

193. evonne says:

Dandan – yes, once he had a cannon on his pink trousers! Great character

194. herbsarmy says:

Thanks for a quality Post Peaches in difficult circumstances, you’ve encapsulated beautifully what it means to be a passionate Gooner!
    Special mentions go out to Big ‘Eck, ‘Arry the gangster Gooner, and Yaya Toure.
    We’ve done our best to throw it away, but it seems ‘Arry would rather us have it, so St Totteringham’s day next Sunday in what will be an emotionally-charged occasion with RH off to manage England.

BR
    I listened.
    I just didn’t answer.
    Bit rude of me, but I was sulking πŸ™‚

How you doing LB?

Did you stay around for the lap of appreciation?

Clowns was better!

Theo could be back next week. Will AW play Corporal Jenks or Le Coq? Does he dro Benni and play with two wingers.

Some big decisions.

Shame QPR lucked a win and Bolton dropped 2 points. Amazing how 3 minutes can affect a club.

To be honest BR, I would play Cpl Jenks at RB and Le Coq in MF and rest Aaron.

RL So would I.

BR
    If QPR lose to Man City next week and Bolton beat the Orcs, it will be Rangers who go down and the Trotters who stay up.

C.ome on Bolton.

I agree with Rasp’s earlier comments about Song not being sensible about his defensive responsibilities. Normally he has Arteta to cover for him, but Ramsey is unable to do that job.

I think Coq wold be more disciplined and could play as the DM, with Song and TR7 in front of him.

Rl. I bid you goodnight. Good book to finish and an apt. To tidy before Mrs Raddy returns home.

Evening all.
    “If QPR lose to Man City”….I think you can count on that one πŸ™‚

206. VCC says:

BR 9:28…..I’m glad QPR won today.

Definately Coq into the midfield to steady the defensive ship. Gerv appears to be finding some form, so him in for Benny.

Goodnight BR

Micky
    Probably… but QPR will be fighting for their Premiership lives… and Utd will have nobbled the officials… you never know…

Techy question.
    Below the “leave a reply” area, there’s a small box you can tick to get comments forwarded to your email. However many times I untick the sodding think, it reticks itself. This evening I had all od todays’ comments forwarded!

Hi Rocky,
    Surely City can afford to out-nobble anything Utd may offer!

211. herbsarmy says:

Hi Micky,
    thanks for the comment earlier, much appreciated.

Hi Herb,
    No problem. I like differring opinions and happen to agree with some of what you say. Not all, but so what eh. πŸ™‚

213. VCC says:

Mickey. How many lobsters did you get?

214. herbsarmy says:

If we always agreed with everything everyone said Micky, it would be a very boring, sterile world. Our angst has been tempered by results going our way today, so we’re probably all happy again.

VCC,
    Bad day lobster wise. The answer is one. Then my complete tit of a mate overcooked the thing. Then I thought I had lost two pots. Then we spotted one 200 yds out to sea, so hopefully retrieve on low tide tomorrow. Everyone had a great day though. Children found a dog fish and a massive spider crab, then built the usual enormous fire and finished the day with steak sarni’s.

Herb,
    Agree, although I think most believe things could be better even with the personnel at our disposal. I tend to leave my “bigger” opinions until the summer months. During the season, we have what we have, so best get behind the team and make the most of things.
    Most of all, enjoy being part of it all.

217. Techy babe here πŸ™‚

Rasp has been having the same problem micky. It seems wordpress are trying something new groan!! if you have ever asked for comments to be sent via email for any blog they now assume you want comments for all your blogs. It has nothing to do with the little box below it seems.

If you open one of the emails it asks you if you want to change your subscription – you do – go to the next page and you can delete this post from a list of posts. Only I think the next time you log in it will do the same thing. I’ve posted a complaint about it on the forum.

Best I can do atm 😦

Simply not good enough Techy Babe πŸ™‚
    I have never been on any other blog of any description since LeGrove days.

219. VCC says:

Mickey, sorry to hear you had a bad day Lobster wise, but glad you and your gang had fun. That’s the main thing.

220. Thank you Herb for your kind words earlier – wouldn’t it have been nice to have written an emotional match report about how wonderful it was in the stadium as we stood and cheered our team to third place πŸ˜‰

Oh well, we live to fight another day πŸ˜‰

VCC,
    Absolutely, fun is the main thing. Six children, three Dad’s and One Wife. All wet, smoked and fed πŸ™‚

222. Micky – I’ll try and sort it tomorrow, Rasp is bound to have the problem again in the morning and so I’ll work on his emails first and send you a solution. Do you know your way around the wordpress dashboard? I’ll email you as it’s right boring for everyone else I’m sure πŸ˜‰

Peaches,
    Even without the box ticked, the emails keep coming. They are stalking me 😦

224. herbsarmy says:

No problem Peaches, you are a fine ambassador of all that’s good about Arsenal. Just as we all agree things could be better, conversely they could be a lot worse too, and we’d probably all have taken 3rd place with a game to go back in August.

That’s me done. Nite all.

226. oz gunner says:

cheers VCC, didit and TMHT

Don’t worry Terry i believe we can win it all next season with a fit rejuvenated squad, just the run in again that has ticked me off slightly, we should be sitting pretty while chelsea, scum and toon fight it out for fourth

thank you villa and man city. Sorry but i can’t stand the thought of nasri winning the title and saying ‘i told you so’, yes i hate manure with a passion but i hate nasri more!

@ GM

i’m glad someone said it, because if RVP left i too would hold him in the same regard as nasri and cesc. We stuck by him and Arsene made him the player he is today, to leave when we are on the cusp of greatness would be a slap in the face to us all.

thankfully i feel he is Arsenal through and through and TA’s analysis of his interview has left me thinking he is sticking around

Oz
    AW has said that even if RvP does not sign a new contract, he will not be let go this year.
    After the egg on his face last year for saying that Cesc and Na$ri would not go, I don’t believe AW would say that about Robin unless he really, really meant it.

And I agree that Robin owes Arsenal, not the other way round.

228. oz gunner says:

but from a business stand point why would you? i know we cop a lot of flack for doing things from an economical stand point, but selling him for 20 million as opposed to $0 wouldn’t be a clever move.

I don’t want to here AW say things like ‘he’s been a long servant of the club so this way he can leave and go where he wants’
    I’d rather the signing of a year extension then he can go next year and we still get money.

If he didn’t sign and ran out his contract with us it’d leave a very sour taste in a lot of fans mouths. I’d be tempted to sing ‘he leaves when he wants…’

Anyway all hypothetical’s really, no point me stressing about it until it happens. But RVP be warned, fail to sign and I’ll take up witch craft and do more cursing than a pub full of drunk Irish men!

229. Gooner In Exile says:

Micky

Early morning tech support.

When that email comes through, there is an option to change your subscriptions. Click on it and it takes you to a comments I follow page on WordPress. Check ArsenalArsenal and delete it from the list. Next time you log in make sure you don’t check the box to be notified of comments.

Thanks GiE,
    Weird thing is I didn’t click it in the first place. Anyway, I’m not signing in anymore which is fine other than the Panther is dead.
    Looking forward to a real grudge/revenge type of game b/n Chavs and Pool tomorrow. I reckon that’ll be Chavs cemented in 6th πŸ™‚

231. VCC says:

morning Micky. Hope you find your lost pot today.

The sun is shinning here, hope it is with you too. Bet it’s a beautiful scene where you live.

Micky. Good to read you had a fun day. I went on a Treasure hunt in the country – haven’t done anything like it for 25 years. It must be great having young children to allow you to do fun kiddsy stuff.

This has been a weird old season. Every time we mess up our opponents do likewise. I took some time to realise that a draw or a loss for Spurs would have made no difference. If we win we get 3rd.

VCC Good Morning to you Sir,

About QPR. I like them and used to enjoy going to Loftus Rd, nice cosy ground, decent fans.

But ….. Any team desperate enough to have the odious MArk Hughes as manager gets my contempt. I hated him as a player and he has become an odious manager. The little kicks on the back of the ankle , the beseeching innocence, … the man is a cheat, and worse, an angry cheat.

He and SAF made fine bedfellows

Here is a taste of Denmark. A murmuration of starlings in Jutland accompanied to some wonderful, haunting, modern Danish music.

You lucky people!

VCC,
    We had great weather saturday and sunday, but its chucking it down today. Yuk.
    Raddy,
    I do what you call “kiddsy stuff” with or without them πŸ™‚ Definately more fun with them though.

Raddy,
    Starlings in flight is one of my most favourite things. People go on about the site of migrating wilderbeasts or whatever without really taking note of what’s on their doorstep.
    Off out now. Have a good day all.

237. VCC says:

BR. The starlings are fantastic. As I watched I made pictures of some it. A few faces, a car and at one point even the shape of Australia, mighty fine sight.

Sorry I have to comment on QPR, as they are the second team in my life, a big part of my growing up together with my dear old Dad,s team.

I agree about Hughes, but it’s the hoops that I follow, he will be gone one day, but QPR will remain.

238. evonne says:

Oz – come on, Robbin didn’t chose to be injured so many times. Broken bones and pulled ligaments hurt like hell. I’m sure he pass peed off about it too.

Micky – cuckoos are back in UK, but only 2 out of 5 tagged birds returned from Africa 😦

Raddy – yes, they are clowns. I think that was the reason Harringey refused permission to build a new stadium, a circus every week was too much for the area πŸ™‚ What good book?

239. evonne says:

Pride of Britain:

This young man is dying, leaving a young family behind, yet he refuses to lie down and feel sorry for himself. Hero in true sense

Amazing

I have been wondering what that music was BR. “The Bridge” started here a couple of weeks ago on BBC4; they use that tune as the programme’s theme. I find myself drawn to it.

I don’t know about anyone else but I am feeling a whole lot happier today. I have been walking around like the most miserable sod on earth since that draw failing miserably to come to terms with the idea that spuds were going to finish above us. And then, a reprieve, we get another chance (I make this chance number 25 lol) Suddenly there is hope again.

242. evonne says:

LB – that’s because you are evil and will live to be 125! Just like me and a couple of other gunners πŸ™‚ Nothing better to lift my mood than spurs collapse

243. I’m in that camp too πŸ™‚

244. VCC says:

We still have an away game against WBA to get over yet, and we are hardly in the best of form!

Sorry to put a damper on things.

245. Except that now, next Sunday is going to be the worst kind of torture 😦

I’m such a scaredy-cat 😳

I know, I should have more faith and maybe it will be our turn to win a game as we haven’t won one for a while πŸ™‚

Evonne,

I don’t think we have met……………………I am 136, already lol

247. evonne says:

LB πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ Pleased to meet you, we are the same age and evil to the core πŸ™‚

248. Gooner In Exile says:

The new kit honours Herbert Chapman apparently

249. Ok, I don’t mind it so much now, they all look soooooo handsome in the new kit πŸ˜‰

But why? …..

Is it a black or blue neck band? Either way it has nothing to do with Arsenal.

Hopefully, we will change the dreadful away kit

251. VCC says:

I like it. Red, White and Blue, union Jack colours.

I can remember years ago we played with blue and white hooped socks. To my knowledge the only club to wear the colours of our countries flag.

It gets a big thumbs up from me.

252. VCC says:

I won’t be buying it though, I have no room for another Arsenal shirt.

253. Red Arse says:

Morning Good People, πŸ™‚

Just read thru last night’s comments, and then fell about laughing at dolorous Micky swamped by hundreds of emails! πŸ™‚

Wicked, I know, but it just struck my funny bone!

Serves him right for having such a wonderful time down there in Devon, and pestering all those sweet lobsters! πŸ™‚

Morning all……

….. New post …….

255. evonne says:

No, don’t like the kit, something about ManU about it.
    BUT the boys look gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous.
    I hope LB didn’t notice Theo’s tattoo on the neck