Top four again, but can we stay there?

Back in October Rocky predicted we would be top three by New Year. He was actually close to being right as a win at home to QPR on New Years Eve took us into the Champions League qualification spots as we popped Champagne to wave bye bye to Arsenal’s annus horribilis.

Unfortunately defeats to Fulham, Swansea and United followed, by the time we drew away at the Reebok even the most positive bloggers on here were waving goodbye to any hope of Champions League football next season let alone finishing above the cretins from N17.

And now two games later we are back in fourth (thanks mainly to the Chavs poor showing) and now the big question remains. Can we hold onto it?

The next three Premier League games will define our season.

H – Spuds
A – Dippers
H – Barcodes

Seven points from those three games are a must and should see us hold onto fourth or at least be in touching distance. I made a similar prediction at the start of the season for our opening games thankfully August results can be corrected later, February/March games are not as easy to recover from. The Chavs have somewhat easier games.

H – Bolton
A – WBA
H – Stoke

Chavs have toughies after that (City and Spuds) frankly hearing fellow Gooners wanting Spuds to win any game (for the benefit of us) is beginning to stick in my craw. So I’d rather we were safely in 4th before the Chavs – Spuds game, and maybe even pushing for third (I know dream on).

So now we have players returning from injuries and no Carling Cup disaster to recover from, can the team put a strong finish together to maintain our position at the top table?

Written by Gooner In Exile

120 Responses to Top four again, but can we stay there?

1. pat says:

Yes. Yes we can.

Newsnow link not working

Great stuff GiE, thanks.
    Indeed its a massive couple of weeks as amongst these very tough games we have the FAC and two small games against some Italians.
    For me, the biggest concern is not who is returning from injury, so much as who is the next one to be on the wrong end of an injury. I am not trying to doom here, rather be realistic. It will happen ad we do have some positions where this would hurt far more than others.
    We come through these games relatively unscathed wth a reasonable hawl, and the rest of th season could be a breeze in the league.

The newsnow link is pointing at 2012/02/13 directory.

TA,
    I have to say that was a great post yesterday, so thanks to you also.
    Very sorry I was not around to chip in. I could bang on and on about the AM role and how we play the three man midfield in the absence of a specialist Cesc type. Mind you, I normally do bang on about it!

Rocky,
    Just saw your comment about OMC. Very funny. I didn’t meet him until may 89, so I didn’t know him then, but really, a three week bender comes as no surprise πŸ™‚
    Chas,
    I am trying so hard to show my sensitive side to Evonne over all this doggy business, and you keeping dropping in those vids. I am really, really struggling!

Chas,
    People keep mentioning newsnow. What is it? Mind you, if its linked to Faceoff or Twister then I am better off in the dark πŸ™‚

GIE,
    I doubt we’ll stay there in the short term, but as long as we finish in the top 4 in May. We might need to find out who’s doing the catering for Chelski’s last game.
    Cretins from N17. πŸ™‚

Micky,
    I’ll pack it in now.
    Truth be known, I think dogs are great (apart from the picking up poo bit!).

Evonne,
    Tickets have just arrived for FA Cup on Saturday. Hopefully you won’t be feeling sorry for me at all. πŸ™‚

Micky,
    It’s where you can get links to Arse-related stuff. It’s where the oppo supporters come from when we have invasions. Nowt to do with Facepalm and Twatter.

10. TotalArsenal says:

Great discussion starter GiE πŸ™‚ I would now sign up for one win (you know against who) and two draws, and definitely for two wins. Seven or nine points and I will be in high heaven.

Micky, yes we missed your usual CM musings quite a bit yesterday. Re newsnow, I guess you were joking, but in case you were serious here is the link:

11. TotalArsenal says:

Btw did you notice Tevez saying he was treated like a DOG by Mancini, not like a CAT. That says it all: dog is the inferior animal.

Thanks Chas.
    TA,
    No I wasn’t joking. My blog history is simple. I was told (by a friend of Rocky’s) about Arseblog. I used to read it every day but not comment. Then, the same bloke referred me to LeGrove as they had a ticket exchange and I was after a couple for a game. There I stayed along with many on this site. Gradually they all disappeared, so I went out hunting one day and found the little snakes all hiding here. So here I am.
    I never read other sites, although I have to admit that for the first time in ages I had a look at the Grove after the game on saturday and almost had tears of laughter running down my cheeks. One bloke was banned for coming on and “gloating” after an Arsenal victory! How can you be done for “gloating” over an Arsenal win on an Arsenal site. Hysterical.

Bloody hell, just had a look at the Chas Newsnow link. That will be marked alongside Facelift and Twatter as no go areas. I have little enough of a life as it is. Not for the addictive personality sorts!

Work.

15. evonne says:

GiE – good post, thank you! I don’t think 3rd is but a dream. I honestly think we play better than most teams in EPL. Shitty will have Toure and Tevez back and I expect them to win the league, but red mancs, chavs, scum and pool are not better than us. On a good day we’d eat them alive. The question is how many good days will we have between now and end of season?

16. evonne says:

Micky – I am tactfully ignoring Chas’ obsession with canine sex, it’s a tad disturbing πŸ™‚

Chas – I will always worry about you going to the away games. It must be horrid going that far and see your team losing, facing a long journey home. I am forever grateful to supporters like you, personally I could not do it, no balls

Raddy – thank you for getting back re books. I like witty books, not SciFi or romances. A bloody thriller or an autobiography are my favourites. I downloaded shit loads of books from the Pirate Bay, but they are mostly crap, except for Ian Rankin’s full set

17. TotalArsenal says:

Evonne, since the very first human beings it has been a fact that if you download shit you end up with crap! πŸ™‚

Did you read the new Szymborska poem I posted for you the other day? It sort of compensates for Chas’ canine treats hahaha!

Micky, best to stay away from Newsnow – I agree. But without it, we would probable not have gained as many great, new bloggers on AA as we did recently. As Cruijff always says every disadvantage has an advantage and every advantage has a disadvantage (although I still have to find any in Nigella πŸ™‚ )

Evonne,

But just imagine how wonderful it must have been to be at the Stadium of Light to see Thierry scoring. πŸ™‚ As TA and Cruijff say, every disadvantage has an advantage.

No highs without the lows. Some mancs diss their team when they’ve won the league.

The doggie video wasn’t about sex as the description explained. The dogs were playing and exhibiting dominant behaviours. Besides, weren’t they all males? I only found it funny because of the Let’s Get it On track from Marvin Gaye that accompanied it.

19. gunnern5 says:

Everybody I know who has a dog usually calls him *rover* or *spot*. I called mine *sex*. Now sex has been very embarrassing to me when I went to the city hall to renew the dog’s license for sex. I told the clerk I’d like a license for sex he said. “I would like to have one too!”. Then I said, “she is a dog!!”. He said he didn’t care what she looked like. I said, “you don’t understand. I had sex since I was 9 years old.” He replied, “You must have been quite a strong boy.”

When I decided to get married, I told the minister that I would like to have sex at the wedding. He told me to wait until after the wedding was over. I said, “but sex has played a big part in my life and my life revolves around sex.” He said he didn’t want to hear about my personal life and would not marry us in his church. I told him everybody would like having sex at the wedding. The next day we were married at the justice of peace. My family was barred from the church then on.

When my wife and went on out honeymoon, I took the dog with me. When we checked into the motel, I told the clerk that I wanted a room for me and my wife and a special room for sex. He said every room in the motel is a place for sex. I said, “you don’t understand. Sex keeps me awake at night.” The clerk said, “me too!”

One day I entered sex in a contest. But before the competition began, sex ran away. Another contestant asked me why I was just looking around. I told him that I was going to have sex in the contest. He said that I should have sold my own tickets. “You don’t understand!!” I said. “I hoped to have sex on TV!!”. He called me a show off.

When my wife and I separated, we went to court to fight for custody of the dog. I said, “your honour. I had sex before I was married, but sex left me after I was married.” The judge said, “me too!!”

Last night, sex ran off again. I spent hours looking all over for her. A cop came over and asked me what I was doing in the alley at 4 o’clock in the morning. I said, “I’m looking for sex.” My case comes up next Thursday.

Well now I have been thrown in jail, been divorced and had more damn troubles with that dog than I ever foresaw. Why just the other day when I went for my first session with my psychiatrist, she asked me, “what seems to be the trouble?” I replied, “sex has been my best friend all of my life but now it has left me forever. I couldn’t live any longer. So lonely.” The doctor said, “look mister you should understand sex isn’t a man’s best friend. Go get yourself a dog.”

20. WiganGooner says:

Nice article, I certainly think we have to be optimistic and aim for 9 points.

Before I get lambasted for being hyper-optimistic and unrealistic I’d like to state my reasons why;

1) The scum will be confident, they will fancy their chances of getting our scalp and will come at us. That plays into our hands and we can play around them and get a positive result and 3 points. Defensively we are solid enough if Song stays and shields the back four and offensively we can take them apart.

2) The Dippers need positive media feedback. They are being pillioried and rightfully so. They will be attacking and dynamic using Adam to release the likes of Suarez and Bellamy along the flanks, we will need to defend well in the full-back positions, but man for man we are a miles better side and I fancy us for a result.

3) The Barcodes are in a bit of a tailspin at the moment, spinning from one good result to one bad one and back again. On their day they are a decent side, but their table position doesn’t indicate their form. They are a team in flux and I don’t think they’ll get a result like they did earlier in the year. Gervinho learned a lesson that day. They are weak defensively and if we can impress our pace and passing on the game then a win will follow.

WG

GIE…………..it’s like incest!

I am glad you brought this spud love in thing out into the open GIE. I have read recently a fair few comments suggesting that it might be ok to want them in to win in certain games as we would stand a better chance of getting in the Champions League.

There is something fundamentally wrong about this way of thinking; after some thought, the only way I can describe it is that it strikes me as being something akin to incest: you think about it for a moment and ponder that it might not be so bad and then you realise — it is plain wrong……………..wrong, wrong, wrong.

I would take 5 points if offered but hope for 9!

Wigan. I agree with all you write. Do you think we should put out our first team at the weekend?

LB. Chapeau ….

Ok, lets play the game of guess the team this weekend.

—————Fabi

Yanaris, Djourou, An other, Gibbs

Rosicky, Coquelin, Benayoun

The Ox, Chamakh, Arshavin

And we still have Park and Gervinho

25. Dandan says:

Evonne if you have Ian Rankin full set of rebus books you are indeed a lucky girl, I was going to recommend them to you, he is my favourite author and I have read them all. They are worth reading in sequence even though they are all independent so to speak.
    if you like those try Quintin Jardine he is similar

26. goonermichael says:

Yennaris just scored for the reserves and is having a good game by all accounts. Miguel is on too. Gibbs worries me. Has he ever played 90 minutes?

GM

I have been trying to work out how you knew that, for a moment I thought he must be at the game, followed by wow he puts my support to shame, then I saw the live twitter feeds. lol

evonne. I will send a fuller list by email.

But I can highly recommend Belinda Bauer both Blacklands and her latest Darkside. Tip top psychological thrillers.

Micky & GLIC. Both these books are set round Dartmoor and may be of interest.

evonne. I know I am old fashioned but why do you think it is acceptable to download from Pirate bay? The authors of these books have worked long and hard to write them and IMO they deserve to get paid. Illegal downloading is theft. There are plenty of books out there which are free (you can find them on Amazon) and good quality – for example all the Dickens, Jane Austen, Hardy, Forster, Conrad etc etc

That said, I am hypocritical because I watch streams of the football, but in my defence I cannot get them any other way. If Sky allowed foreign paying customers, I would pay – and I pay for liveonlinefooty!.

Right, I will get off the soap box……

29. goonermichael says:

I did say by all accounts LB.

Raddy I don’t know liveonlinefooty but I imagine it’s not strictly legal. I admire your stance though. I’m a knock off Nigel myself.

30. WiganGooner says:

@BR

I don’t think we can afford not to. Football is all about momentum and confidence.

While we keep getting positive results we have to keep pressing forwards. Making wholesale changes to the team at this point is suicide. I would go for the first-team in every game possible and rotate the odd player here and there.

We cannot drop RvP, but perhaps we could play him for the first half and bring on Chamakh for the second half if the game is going our way and we are at least a goal in front.

We can swap the wingers with relative alacrity. Arshavin, The Ox, Theo, Gerv, Rosicky, Benayoun can all be rotated in and out to provide freshness.

The back four has to be stable, no changes.

Keep Sczcesny in goal, he isnt going to burn out.

WG

31. evonne says:

Raddy – thank you for recommendations. You are right, I shouldn’t go to the Pirate Bay, I will try not to

Dandan – I love Rebus too. The problem is that I read many of them, but of course cannot remember which πŸ™‚ So I start, read half a book only to realise it all sound familiar πŸ™‚

TA – no, I didn’t see the poem, must go back and find it, thank you all the same. Did you know that she died with a fag in her mouth? She was some character!

LB – I cannot bring myself to support scum, even if their victory would benefit us, i just cannot. I am not sure about incest, I was never tempted, but cheering for scum feels dirty all right

32. evonne says:

Chas – yeah, yeah, yeah! You just like watching dogs shagging. But don’t worry, your secret is safe with me

33. Gooner In Exile says:

I think Chas is running out of vids! πŸ˜‰

Thanks for comments today. Sorry Peaches for ballsing up the posting by using iPhone again. For some reason the date doesn’t update when you take it out of draft. Usually fixed by checking the date before publishing it. I don’t know why it works different to using web.

34. Gooner In Exile says:

LB like incest πŸ˜€ ……..or like Chas?

WG very optimistic I hope we do aim for 9 but I think 7 would be a good return. We owe the dippers for the early season game.

So Glasgow Rangers are officially in Administration. All because of the Revenue and these image rights taxes…..thankfully we settled ours out of court, thankfully we had the cash in reserve!

35. What is happening to our blog????????????????

I think you’re right, GIE. There’s only 40 million on youtube.

37. chas and evonne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha, peaches, sorry.:)

peaches, it wasn’t really what it said in the title. hahahaha.

It was Evonne’s fault. I apologised and she wouldn’t let it lie.

I get it now, “like Chas”, that cat’s face still makes me laugh.

I’ll stop now. You can all come back. πŸ™‚

Stiffs won 3-0.
    Squillaci had a stormer.

44. evonne says:

Chas – ha ha ha !! What an idiot dog πŸ™‚ Brilliant!!

Ok, let’s talk football 😦 What happened to Rangers? I cannot say that I am sorry, for one I’m a catholic and prefer Celtic, and secondly the Scottish League is pathetic with just 2 teams competing every season. Now it is much simpler, Celtic win, always

45. Red Arse says:

Evonne,

Here is a list of the Rebus Books and the year published, to save you buying the same one twice! πŸ™‚

INSPECTOR REBUS BOOKS: YEAR PUBLISHED
    14. A Question of Blood 2003
    15. Fleshmarket Close 2004
    16. The Naming of the Dead 2006
    17. Exit Music 2007

Copy and paste to Word or Excel. πŸ™‚

46. gunnern5 says:

‘Gibbs is physically and mentally ready’

Wenger on AC Milan
    Boss previews Wednesday’s San Siro trip

By Chris Harris

ArsΓ¨ne Wenger believes that Kieran Gibbs is “physically and mentally ready” to return to the Arsenal side on Wednesday night.

Injuries have restricted the England international to nine club appearances this season and he has not played since the 2-1 win over Sunderland on October 16.

Thomas Vermaelen has filled in at left back in the absence of Gibbs and Andre Santos but the Belgian is likely to return to his familiar central role against AC Milan now that Per Mertesacker has been ruled out.

Gibbs is the obvious candidate to start on the left and Wenger has no qualms about handing the 22-year-old his comeback in such a big game.

“To be a player is to come in and show how good you are when you get your chance,” said the manager.

“I believe physically and mentally he is ready. But if I start him, which is not decided yet, I do not want to put too much pressure on him because we want a good team performance. Gibbs is a good player.

“I will find the most natural [solution], which means I will put Vermaelen back in the middle. Gibbs looks to be ready so I might look to start him but I have not decided completely yet.”

47. Red Arse says:

Glic, wherever you are — you had better smile at this one — or we will make you sing the Cuckoo Club Song at the Annual Dinner!! πŸ™‚

Martha recently lost her husband. She had him cremated and brought his ashes home.

Picking up the urn that he was in, she poured him out on the patio table. Then, while tracing her fingers in the ashes, she started talking to him….

“You know that dishwasher you promised me? Well, I bought it with the insurance money!”

She paused for a minute tracing her fingers in the ashes then said, “Remember that car you promised me? Well, I also bought it with the insurance money!”

Again, she paused for a few minutes and while tracing her fingers in the ashes she said, “Remember that diamond ring you promised me? Well, guess what, I bought it too, with the insurance money!”

Finally, still tracing her fingers in the ashes, she said, “Remember that blow job I promised you?” ” Well, here it comes.”

LB,
    Just seen your team selection for saturday (which works for me). One question: Is that Chamakh starting or the bloke we didn’t send back to New York?

RA …better late than never!

On Mertesacker….
    Wenger said: “He had a reconstruction of his ankle in Germany before he joined us and the scan didn’t look too positive yesterday [Monday].

A reconstruction? Explains a lot.

Micky

Chamakh’s resurgence starts on Saturday, people will be falling over themselves to stress how they never doubted him for a second, Rasp will be writing head line posts singing the praises of the goal machine that he will no doubt re-emerge to be — mark my words it is going to happen.

chas,

I’m a big fan of mert, but if the BFG had a suspect ankle before he joined us, why the hell didn’t we take the simple option and go for Chris Samba?

53. SharkeySure says:

Beat you know who and draw the other two ..MINIMUM will eave me happy enough. 7 points will make me very happy.

9pts has me up on a public disorder charge !!

54. SharkeySure says:

MDI – “How can you be done for β€œgloating” over an Arsenal win on an Arsenal site. ”

In that parallel universe called LG, anything that the Wizard (of Oz, not Grand!) pronounces shall henceforth be repeated daily and shall be set in stone as the gospel truth.

Their pre game competition on Sat was – describe Alex Song using only four letters. So stoopid its almost scary.

In your dreams LB πŸ˜†

56. SharkeySure says:

Cos Samba’s less than half the player Rasp..?? Blackburn weren’t for selloing unless they were over compensated. I guess in their minds Samba has a British passport now.

No one has signed Samba. Hardly anyone bid for him to my recollection. QPR…??

Rasp,

I’ve been trying to find out when it was. Looks like summer 2009, so a little while back. I’m still looking for how long he was out for.

It was the ‘before he joined us bit’ that made it seem like a recent operation.

58. FrothingInarticulateLoon says:

I’m with LB on this one…he’ll be known on LG as ChamakhTrick after his left, right, and header goalscoring feats this coming weekend.

I’m on 35% of any winnning bets placed, and any losses are all yours to keep 100%!

Hi sharkey – weren’t you the one who was most keen on signing Samba? apologies if I’m confusing you with someone else.

The BFG is certainly a better defender, I just hope this injury is a one off, we can do without any more long term injured.

Thanks chas. Its the way that he justy broke down that was disturbing. Impact injuries are more understandable. Although TV and koz are superb defenders, I do think Mert brought something else to the defence that copmplimented their abilities.

61. Red Arse says:

Hi Raddy,

Here’s one for you, as Glic and MerryTerry have absconded together! πŸ™‚

Why Ethel changed motels.

Last week, Ethel, a widow, checked into a motel on her 55th birthday and not having had sex in many years she thought, “I’ll call one of those men you see advertised in phone books for escorts and sensual massages.”

She looked through the phone book, found a full page ad for a guy
    calling himself ‘Tender Tony’ – a very handsome man with assorted
    physical skills, flexing in the photo. He had all the right muscles
    in all the right places, thick wavy hair, long powerful legs, dazzling
    smile, six pack abs and she felt quite certain she could bounce a
    dime off his well oiled buns….

She figured, what the heck, nobody will ever know. I’ll give him a call.

“Good evening, ma’am, how may I help you?” — Oh my, he
    sounded just—-so-o-o-o—-sexy!

Afraid she would lose her nerve if she hesitated, she rushed right on
    in….
    “Hi, I hear you give a great massage. I’d like you to come to
    my motel room, right now, and give me one. No, wait, I should be straight with you. I’m in town all alone. I want it hot, and I want it now. Bring all your implements, toys, rubber, leather, whips, everything you’ve got in your bag of tricks. Tie me up, cover me in chocolate syrup and whipped cream, anything and everything….I might be nervous, but I’m ready!!! Now, how does that sound?

The cool sexy voice on the ‘phone said, “That sounds absolutely fantastic, but you need to press 9 for an outside line!!!

Sharkey,
    “9 points has me up on a public disorder charge!” πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

63. evonne says:

LB – Chamakh the goal machine? Listen, I’d like to know what you taking, I want some!

Sharkey – public disorder charge? Elaborate please

RA – thanks for the list. The thing is that I have the complete set on Kindle and some in my head, they overlap, but i am not sure where 😦

GiE
    Nice post, and thank you for pointing out my (almost) accurate production for New Year.
    I now predict we will finish this season in third place in the league. Seriously.

Busy today, but will try and check in later.

65. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Has Redders been telling jokes whilst I`ve been away ?, good, make sure he keeps It that way, I only like the serious stuff whilst on here so stop fooling around !.

GiE ,
    Nice post, looking at the 3 next games I would expect the chavs to be above us but I`ve given up expecting as It never works out that way. Like I was expecting to be shagged senseless today by all the totty In Devon and Cornwall on my rounds, as I am a Valentine Love Machine ( VLM ) , but alas due to the cold weather ,my Hypnotic Love Antenna ( HLA ) shrunk !.

BR,
    Thanks for recommondation , but the only reading I do now Is on here and Newsnow ( cant believe Micky doesn`t use It, It`s one of my first port of calls, I wouldn`t have found AA without It ! ), I used to read James Herbert and Dean Koontz sort of stuff, but not for about 15 years, I`m lazy and much prefer to watch a film of the book.

Thought of two new jokes today ( yes TA , I`m saving them for live Tavern show, πŸ™‚ )

One gripe today, I dont like this rumour of Hazard going to the Spuds, If they get him I will be well pissed off !. I`ve been following him for 2/3 years and so has Wenger, fair enough If he goes to the Big Buck fucks , but scumbags NO, theirs no way I`m gonna believe they can afford him and we cant. I need help on this one AAers, please say It aint so ! 😯

66. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Where`s chas ?
    Or can anyone else put up that rumoured “next home shirt ” which was on Arsenal Insider ?
    Then couldn`t we have a AA poll on It ?
    Where are you Techno Wizard ?

67. Irishgunner says:

Evening all.

I’d be happy with top 4 given out season but I want to finish ahead of the spuds so much it hurts.

68. gooner lost in cornwall says:

In 2012 a crack blogging unit was sent to THOF for a FA cup game.
    They promptly escaped a 2-0 deficit to watch a 3-2 victory. then left to the Arsenal Underground.
    Today they are still wanted by the Tavern for an unpaid Bar Bill.
    They survive as Gooners of fortune.
    If your love Is of the Arsenal as no other site will do and If you can write a post.
    Then maybe you should join the….” AA – Team “.

Now If I was chas I could have put in the ” A-Team” music , oh just imagine It ! πŸ™‚

So what AAers fit the characters of the A-Team ?

John ” Hannibal ” Smith = ?
    Templeton Peck Faceman = ?
    BA ( bad attitude ) Baracus = ?
    Howling Mad Murdock = (this ones easy) Howling Mad Mancini. πŸ˜†

69. Hi Irish – I know what you mean about wanting to finish above the scummers, can’t believe there were some that wanted them to win on Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

70. Irishgunner says:

I know Peaches, it disgusts me even thinking about it.

71. SharkeySure says:

Rasp – I was halfway thru a post at work, but haven;t sent it….

It basically said that out of Cahill Samba and one or two others that were in the frame at the time, Samba looked the best bet purely for his leadership qualities.

As it turns out Mert came in from left field, along with the experience of Arteta and we look covered for organisation and leadership. I also liked the look of Emir Spahic for his rugged leadership.

Evonne..elaborate..?? You want pics don’t you…??

72. Irish – thats rubbish!!! How do they get away with not building any affordable housing, it’s a disgrace!!!!!!!!!

73. arseblog
    arseblog arseblog
    Not 100% but hearing Mertesacker needs surgery on his ankle.

This is really not good 😦

74. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Come on you girls, I now you have the expertise to put this rumoured “home shirt” on here ( from arsenal insider ). If you dont the “Hypnotic Love Antenna ” will be unleashed ! πŸ™‚

75. Irishgunner says:

Peaches – the same way ‘Arry gets off with not paying his taxes I suppose. Someone in there has contacts.

76. Irishgunner says:

This thing?

77. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Thanks Irish,
    By saying “this thing”, I take It like me your not impressed, I for one will not be buying that “thing”, It`s hideous imo !

Can’t see that as the home kit.

I can’t understand why Nike don’t put out 5 kits and get people to vote. This season’s away kit is probably the worst kit I have seen us play in – it is a disgrace. Arshavin said it was like “wearing a jockey’s” kit and he is right.

Who makes the decisions because whoever took that one should be taken out in this freezing weather and told “You are going out. You may be sometime”

79. gooner lost in cornwall says:

BR,
    I said the same sort of thing the other day. I said put out ten kits for a vote and thought It would only help sell more shirts if the fans picked their favourite, also I think It would be good PR for the club !

80. Irishgunner says:

GLIC – It looks like something the Mancs would wear.

BR – I thought the away kit was awful … until I bought it πŸ˜† I think its nice when I see people wearing it but not when we play in it if that makes sense. The jersey is nice but the kit is naff.

81. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Please AA powers that be, cant we have a little vote about this rumoured shirt on the end of tomorrows post ?
    I dont want to have to threaten you again with the ” Hypnotic Love Antenna ” ! πŸ™‚

82. Irishgunner says:

Will we have different sponsor logo on our shirt tomorrow night? Apparently two sides can’t have the same sponsor in the same game…

Ac Milan are sponsored by Fly Emirates as well

Irish I’ll have to take your word for it!

84. slimgingergooner says:

Howdy!

Couple of points,

1. Don’t give a shit about Hazard. He has been on the radar for 3-4 years now but no-one has signed him. We even went as far as signing his opposite winger in Gervinho rather than taking a chance on him. That suggests to me that something isn’t quite right with the boy, wether it be attitude, money, or ability. I trust Arsene more than myself when it comes to judging players, so if Spurs want to pay a fortune for him, then good luck with that!

2. Can’t really see the new home kit just being the same as before but with a couple of black rings added! I may be a bit cynical, but i bet my house thats not our next home kit.

3. If we make it through the next few weeks still in the FA Cup and within 3 points of 4th spot then that’s ok. We have tough games on the horizon and I can’t see us being in 2 cups and 4th spot at the end of it. I would be happy to drop out of the CL if it meant we could still win a domestic trophy and finish 4th.

4. Ignore number 3 because we will beat Milan over 2 games, beat Sunderland in a replay, and get 6 points from the next 3 league games to leave us in 4th πŸ˜‰

85. Gooner in Exile says:

The problem with modern technology is photoshop is very easy.

I think around this time last season there was a mock up of our away kit and it was germ with blue sleeves.

I’d actually like us to keep this seasons badge but it won’t happen. Whatever home kit we get next season will probably be a two season kit if previous home releases are anything to go by. That kit looks like a Lacrosse outfit so I hope it’s not that.

SGG I seem to remember you know a bit about the Devils broadcasting corporation, how likely am I to get a new box as the current one is giving me endless TF7 errors and playback issues. (I’m a full subscription mug BB, TV, Phone πŸ™‚ )

86. Gooner in Exile says:

Germ = green

87. slimgingergooner says:

Hi GiE,

Unlikely to get a new box unless your still in 12 month contract. If you have a partner then cancel your account and get your partner to open a new account and say that you have split up.

I will be getting a half price offer in a few weeks so of you can wait until then, then your partner could open a new account with a much better deal.

Other option is to buy a box on eBay.

Hope that helps

88. Gooner in Exile says:

Cheers SGG, as I feared. Will check my dates.

89. Gooner in Exile says:

The away boys are having fun in Milan

90. evonne says:

Slim – be careful, some old fashioned AAers might tell you off for wheeling dealing πŸ™‚

Morning Raddy!

91. gooner lost in cornwall says:

GiE,
    Arsenal Insider have said that they have seen the original photo from unnamed source and have mocked up the picture from the photo, but also state that they have always been right in previous years. I think the black bits in the picture are meant to be a dark blue . I just hope their wrong for once then !.

92. Gooner in Exile says:

Oh dear Henri

Score West Ham 1 – Southampton 1 πŸ˜€

93. Gooner in Exile says:

Aaaaarg Henri deleted it!!

Young Lansbury said:

“Great win for the hammers tonight fans were rocking”

94. Gooner in Exile says:

There was also a massive Twitter row with Adebayor v AFC fans last night but all his tweets have now been deleted and he claims his account was hacked.

95. evonne says:

GiE – pissheads πŸ™‚ I hope they will be having fun coming back to London

96. Gooner in Exile says:

GliC I just hope it’s a training kit πŸ™‚

Evonne I think we should ask the Tabern to make a beer octopus.

97. evonne says:

GiE – anything to take my mind off tonight! 12 looooong hours

98. Hi all, just a quick word before I’m out on manouevres for the day but back in time to settle in front of the TV for kick off tonight, commentary on mute of course.

Great to see us win on Saturday, and a last minute winner is always the most satisfying way to win away.

Let’s hope for a repeat of our last away trip to Milan.

One things for sure, the away support will do us proud, as ever.

morning all.

Too much going on domestically at the moment but just a snippet i read. mertasacker had a similar inujury before he joined us and the club new about it.
    looking forward to the game tonight,henry’s farewell i believe.

just a word about the cup tie at sunderland.i hope Szsney stays in goal, what is the point of playing Fabianski.the pitch is not true and our number one will have learnt a lot about that last week,but i suppose AW will play Fab.

100. Red Arse says:

GIE,

I have just read the Adebayor twitter stuff, and it has the ring of truth about it. I do not believe the hacking excuse.

The Arsenal fans were being somewhat aggressive towards him and altho he chuntered back, it was mainly defensive.

Pinpong came on at the end and told him (Adebayor) to behave!

All told – not nice.

101. Red Arse says:

Good morning Evonne the pirate! πŸ™‚

Are you still in Poland? If so, you could spend the looooong day before the game chatting to your Cuckoo Club subjects like MerryTerry the periscope man, and Glic the award winning jokester!! πŸ™‚

If you get bored with that you can try to help GIE source a pirate box! πŸ™‚

102. evonne says:

Red Arse – nay, I am back here 😦 I couldn’t stomach -28 to -19 every day any longer, came to a warmer climate, just like a cuckoo flying to Africa for the winter

Match Day Morning All,
    I wonder if we will detect any noticeable signs of Arsene prioritising either the CL or FAC.

Cockoo’s to Africa? Either I’m in Africa or we have lazy birds here πŸ™‚

Chas,
    Woof woof!

Miaow……

Come on Chas, you know you want to. All that entering “doggy style” into you tube appears to set you up rather nicely for the day πŸ™‚

Micky,
    Yesterday Evonne accused me of liking to watch dogs shagging after I’d apologised for any previous dog slurs. I replied in kind by posting a video. Peaches deleted the video but not the comment casting nasturtiums on my reputation. Fair? I don’t think so.

Now you’re accusing me of having some sort of bestial canine fetish!

Arsenal videos only from now on else peaches’ll have my doo-dahs for earrings.

Morning all……

…….. New post ……

111. Blue Diamond Ringsβ”‚Blue Diamond Ring…

[…]Top four again, but can we stay there? « Arsenal Arsenal[…]…

112. games backup|how to backup games|how to copy a game|how to burn game|backup software program|how to backup dvd|burn 360 games|wii copy|how to backup xbox games|copy of wii games|copy ps3 games|copy games…

[…]Top four again, but can we stay there? « Arsenal Arsenal[…]…

113. physician database…

[…]Top four again, but can we stay there? « Arsenal Arsenal[…]…