Wenger avoids relegation….again!

Written by SlimGingerGooner

Well, can you believe it!?

Arsenal have reached the landmark 40 points needed to stay in the Premier League!

Back in August another season of struggle was being predicted by the knowledgable Arsenal faithful. A lack of quality signings in the transfer window and an air of disappointment from pre season results even had some sections calling for a new manager:-

“Wenger will  win nothing. He has lost it completely. He should just go! Christ!”

“Keown for Manager!”

“Ok, so who do we want as a replacement for the senile old bastard?
O’Neill?
Adams?”

So it comes as a great surprise to the fans that Arsenal look to have avoided relegation for another season. Some good results against fellow strugglers Bolton, Wigan and Norwich mixed with unexpected victories against the likes of Chelsea have seen the Gunners hit the dizzy heights of the top 5.

Nobody at Arsenal is under any illusions though about the tough couple of months coming their way. With the likes of  Man City, Tottenham and Chelsea still to come to the Emirates, Wenger knows that keeping his team in the top half is going to be difficult, but he has great faith in his squad and believes the experience they have from previous relegation battles could prove vital:

“Sometimes we are reproached for not having enough captains in our squad, now we have plenty,” Wenger told the Official Arsenal Magazine

“Overall we have more experience and this could be important if we are in a strong mid table position.That could have a big part to play.”

He added: “I’m very happy with the signings we made and my challenge now is to prove that I made the right decisions. I have great belief in the players I bought in and I am convinced they will prove me right.”

Strong words from Le Boss as Arsenal head into the last few months of the season looking for a bright finish to a fantastic season. Let’s just hope that Arsene’s new signings  can keep the team going in the right direction and, who knows, a top 4 finish may even be a possibility for a team mooted as possible relegation candidates just 4 months ago.

#certain quotes may have been altered for the benefit of this post.

164 Responses to Wenger avoids relegation….again!

1. sleepinggiant says:

5th is relegation. From the champions league.

So we remain on course to be relegated for the first time.

Thank you SGG for this post. We’ve had to hold onto this ‘tongue-in-cheek’ post since the 3rd of January!!!!! What a dreadful January we had ………… hopefully February is going to make up for it.

Avoiding relegation is good 🙂

3. TotalArsenal says:

Slim – the tongue is firmly in your auburn cheek here, but I am not sure whether the subtlety of your irony will be understood by a certain category of bloggers. I am sure it wont be boring today though 🙂

Peaches, hope you are feeling better today! 🙂

Thanks SlimGinge. No more relegation 6 pointers for us!.

sleepinggiant,
    Your optimism and good grace has fired me up for the weekend.
    Are you a motivational speaker?
    If not, a career beckons.

5. Gooner In Exile says:

Well done SGG, that a post so obviously a joke as this can get the first comment today shows the minefield that Wenger and his merry band of red and white minstrels operate within.

Top work fella…..must say tho that I am amazed we escaped relegation, with all those panic buys an acquiring unproven teenagers 🙂

6. gwclarke says:

arsenal fans have no connection with the team.

Fan 1: What about last season?
    Fan 2: What about it?
    Fan 1: They were rubbish. They were fucking rubbish.
    Fan 2: They weren’t that bad.
    Fan 1: They were fucking rubbish last year. And they were fucking rubbish the year before. And I don’t care if they are top of the League, they’ll be fucking rubbish this year, too. And next year. And the year after that. I’m not joking.
    Fan 2: I don’t know why you come, Frank. Honest I don’t.
    Fan 1: Well, you live in hope, don’t you?

8. TotalArsenal says:

Chas, haha, that sounds so familiar!

9. Chairman Gallant says:

If we did not make the top four finish and no trophy at the end of the season again,it will sound and feel like relegation to most Arsenal faithfuls like me.So, nothing to rejoice about yet.

10. Shabin Abdul says:

Wenger shld bring exprience players 2 boost our current squad coz its shameful 4 a big club like arsanel 2 fight 4 top 4 each season its like something fixed 4 them cmon guys grow up & win trophies.

11. gwclarke – I’m not sure you’re correct in your statement ‘arsenal fans have no connection with the team’ IMHO

Were you thrilled when Vermaelen returned from injury?

Aren’t you amazed when Robin scores yet again?

Didn’t you love the way The Ox ran at everyone last weekend?

Don’t you wish every time Mertesacker goes up for a corner that this time will be the time he scores?

Do you know the name of every player that will pull on the ‘red and white’ on Saturday?

Wouldn’t you have loved to have Arteta playing last season to help Cesc out?

Isn’t it fantastic how Koscielny leaves everything on the pitch every game?

Shouldn’t Coquelin always be on the pitch to bring his grace and composure and maturity?

Wasn’t it amazing to have Sagna back?

Do you really have no connection with the team?

So we haven’t avoided relegation at all. I understand now.
    In previous seasons fourth place might as well have been relegation, so in actual fact, we’re now playing in the Rothman’s Isthmian League. It all makes sense.
    And we’re still paying the most expensive tickets in the whole world for non-league football. I’m fuckin livid.

13. 🙂 chas …….. but I expect you’ll still be going though

We are going to be needing this today:
    SAMARITANS
    Confidential Emotional Support
    08457 909090

15. goonermichael says:

gwclarke
    You’re absolutely right. I haven’t seen one of them big time charlies in the chippy for ages.

Slim,
    Great friday post. Thank you.

Flippin heck, peaches, you SHOULD be a motivational speaker. 🙂

18. goonermichael says:

Chas you’re right about the prices and it’s not as if we’ve got a lush stadium like the spuds.

I love this type of post.

19. TotalArsenal says:

Peaches@10.37 ok, you are fully recovered then! 🙂

peaches, your 10:37 has made me realise how much of a connection I have with so many of our players and how much I love the club, so I think I’ll keep going to games for the time being. Thank you

Chairman Gallant says:
    December 28, 2011 at 9:47 am
    That game was so annoying that i stopped watching it five minutes before time ‘cos i knew we ain’t gonna score.Arsenal should learn to take chances and stop playing to the gallery.
    Manu or manshitty could have won such a game 6 or 7:0.Imagine Woves’ keeper made more than 15 saves from 16 attempts on target from Arsenal while our keeper was beaten by their only shot on target.Really frustrating to say the least.

22. SGG, you are disgrace to yourself, your personal self and anybody else self!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. I could have gone on and on and on but ran out of words to start the sentences 😳

I bet RA could find some for me though 😉

Chairman Gallant says:
    January 18, 2012 at 9:59 am
    Nothing will happen if Arsenal finish outside the top four.It is perfectly normal.Is it our birthright that we make the top four? What is the essence of making the top four every season and not being able to win the CL?
    Let Arsenal play the Europa cup for a change next season-that is if we make the slot,especially with a myopic board…

Chairman Gallant says:
    December 8, 2011 at 1:29 pm
    On a good day,Arsenal can beat any team.So i am not afraid of any of those teams in the last sixteen.This is our year and their is no stopping us.Go gunners go and conquer Europe.

26. That’ll be a typical bi-polar gooner then 😉

Typical for “most Arsenal faithfuls like me”, peaches.

28. Gooner In Exile says:

Now now Chas….don’t take comments out of context 😉

I love how what the fans meant at the start of the season when they said we would get relegated is now moved to mean relegation from the CL, of they’d said that in July/August more clearly I would not have derided their opinion so much, wish people would be clearer with their pronouncements.

As for feeling closer to players or having a connection, I actually feel more connected to players now than say 5-10 years ago, and the simple reason is Social media and twitter.

Frimpong last night invited followers to do Frimpong Blind Date where people could tweet age, location and personality and then other twitterers could try and organise a date. Some of the stuff coming in was hilarious, and gives me a connection to the type of fella Frimpong is.

29. goonermichael says:

Those of you on twitter have probably seen this. Genuinely shocking that they allow these federations to compete in international competitions let alone give one of them the world cup. blatter needs to die. (don’t really care how bad that sounds)

Great post Ginge, the spleeners will be very dissapointed that there predictions for relegation and the end of the world have not materialised this season, better luck next year hey.

Let me tell you a story. I have a cousin called Pete who is a spleener. He would be on that Le Grove site everyday if he could use a computer..Everytime we have a bad result he will text me or my brother spleened texts how Wenger is this or that, (language that can not be repeated on here), when we win, no texts, nothing.

I have known him all my life. Hes a hypochondriac, constantly thinking hes about to die. Hes paranoid about his job, thinking his bosses are about to fire him any minute. Hes convinced his wife is about to leave him, (though hes probably right about that one). He took a course in Computing recently, and thankfully failed, but was convinced the lecturer had it in for him. At one stage believing the lecturer had some weird man crush on him,parking outside his house and observing his every move (presumably with a telescope)

Now, what i have learnt from Pete, is that he loves it. He cant do without it. Spleening is essential to him. In short he is a Masochist.

So this is the reason i neither care or take the spleeners seriously. To them spleening is essential for there exsistence, and who am i to deny them there joy.

Sorry GIE, you’re right, Rasp’ll have a fit.
    I would however like to thank sleepinggiant, gwclarke and Chairman Gallant for brightening up my morning.
    As for Shabin Abdul, I do agree the guys should grow up and win trophies.

32. Herb'sArmy says:

That’s right GM, we’ve got a lush stadium, nearly twice the capacity of Shite Hart Lane, but who are playing the better football of the two? We are the fifth richest club in world football, and yet we sit 7th in the PL. I didn’t see Tottenham in the Deloitte list, did you?
    And when our manager defends taking our best player off to replace him with one of the worst (Oxo – Arshavin Man Utd home game), by saying he doesn’t have to answer to anyone, it illustrates perfectly how disconnected the club are with their fans.
    And I’ve still not met anybody who can legitimately or successfully defend our 8-2 mauling at OT.
    The only people who may have a semblance of a connection with Arsenal these days are the fabulously wealthy, because that’s how we have now come to measure any success.
    It’s obviously more important to be in the Deloitte top five than the PL top five. Good times if you love money more than what it is they’re actually meant to represent – football.

33. evonne says:

Ginga – very funny post, cheers! Isn’t it nice to know that relegation talk is just a joke? We have had it nice and cozy for a very long time now. Some have evidently became too comfy in the knowledge that relegation is for other clubs, not for the Mighty Bloody Arsenal. And why not? Newcastle, Leeds, West Ham, Portsmouth they are all gone (the barcodes are back), they have huge fan base, decades of history, trophy cabinets. So what, they still went down.

Some fans forget that it can happen. But becasue it is not happening to us they ought to be foocking grateful.

34. TotalArsenal says:

Terry, spoken like a true philosopher!

gm,
    I saw that yesterday. Very shocking. I couldn’t quite understand the motivation for making it. Were all the clips from this season? Is Greece a part of Eastern Europe?

36. goonermichael says:

I’m suprised Pete’s wife hasn’t killed him Terry. She’d probably get diminished responsability

Any comments on the post, Herb?

38. goonermichael says:

I’ve motivated Herb. I should be a motivational speaker.

TMHT,
    Loving the Pete story. He sounds uni-polar.

40. goonermichael says:

I watched the scum play liverpool the other night. I din’t see any good football. A few injuries and they are average. Glad you’re enjoying them though.

41. TotalArsenal says:

Wise words Evonne 🙂

GM,
    I need to break ranks here, and say that quite frankly I’m sick of you.
    International Womaniser, Qualified Leader and now you want to be a sodding Speaker as well.
    Arrogant Bastard I say.

43. goonermichael says:

Don’t mean to be picky either but we are actually 6th

I think the spuds would have been in the Deloitte list if Harry hadn’t been siphoning off funds for the last couple of years. 🙂

45. goonermichael says:

Where have you been anyway Herb? Did I just miss you?

gm,
    it says hit the heights of the top 5, doesn’t say we stayed there.

gm,
    we won last weekend.

48. GM, sixth is the fifth LOSER. We are LOSERS!!!!!!!!

Is there snow lying about deep and crisp and even and whatnot up there? Can’t stand the thought of a footyless weekend.

50. goonermichael says:

Herb you are doing what everyone else does . He actually said I make 1000s of subs and don’t have to explain every one of them. He also said later he made a tactical mistake. You have your opinions though and you always twist everything to reinforce them. Yes the spuds are above us but I was talking about the prices. The most expensive tickets thing is misleading too as we have a bigger percentage of lower priced tickets than a lot of the top clubs.

51. goonermichael says:

Chas
    Herb said we are 7th. I wasn’t talking about the post

Hi chas,

I have no problem with bloggers giving as good as they get as long it doesn’t descend into insults etc as you know.

Ther is a thin line between irony and sarcasm, I don’t find sarcasm appealing but clever irony certainly has its place 🙂

GM,

That is the most disturbing football clip I have ever seen. If any of those actionshad taken place in the UK we would be banned from Europe for years. The double standards and hypocrisy in world football has to go – starting with Blatter.

SGG, great post, you’ve dangled the bait and many have bitten 🙄

Sorry I can’t hang around today – have fun and be good 😕

53. Herb'sArmy says:

Yes GM, sorry we are 6th. Last time I could be bothered to check we were 7th. Wow, massive improvement! Does anyone enjoy seeing that lot laud it over us?
    Well done on the Post SGG, celebratory cyber-champagne all round!

54. I’ve got some big ‘ifs’ for the fixtures this weekend ……….

Manks v Pool ………….. anything but a pool win

Everton v Chavs ………….. anything but a chav win

Totts v Newcastle ……………….anything but a toon win

Us v Sunderland …………….. obviously we win by three clear goals!!!!!

I never want a spud win so a draw at the lane would be best.

Best outcome we’re back in fourth on goal difference 🙂

55. evonne says:

Micky – you forgot GM speaks fluent Japanese and looks like David Bowie 🙂
    Chas – you are being naughty again. Some cannot help being spoilt brats, throwing toys out of the pram every time something is less than perfect

TA – thank you

GM – the Spuds game was sooooooo boring, no edge whatsoever. Even Bellamy couldn’t make it more watchable. The only exciting bit was when the monkey boy lost his temper and was yellow carded

my bad, gm

57. evonne says:

Peaches – I thought you were ill? You seem to be in great spirit today

58. goonermichael says:

I’m ok with the barcodes and bindippers winning. I hate the mancs more than the scum and I think we can chase them both down.

59. slimgingergooner says:

I love it when these things get taken seriously!

Evonne,

Do you remember when ManCity were in Division 2 not do long ago!?

How’s things change!

Ok, Rasper, I’ll try not to veer into the territory of sarcasm too much. Apologies.

61. olajos says:

gunners will definitely survive it

62. goonermichael says:

David Bowie?

63. I’m still ill but my headache has gone so I don’t mind so much 😀

Peaches,
    Surely a Toon win? We could be six behind Spuds after the weekend with still 39 points up for grabs. So I’m with GM on this one. Toon win.
    GM,
    Just watched your clip. Rasp is right, if that happened in England there would be outrage.

My mistake, we would be seven behind, but with them at the Ems next up, anything is possible.

GM,
    You missed this morning. I posted a Bowie clip (Friday on my mind) and Evonne said you looked like him.

67. evonne says:

Ginga – exactly! Football is even less predictable than me, anything is possible!

GM – you are a much younger and prettier version of Bowie, of course 🙂

Just a quick one on that video. Been of Greek heritage i find it very shameful. Greece is a splintered country politcaly and certain teams have followings of either Neo Nazi or far left groups attatched to them. Unfortunitly, Greeks also feel an injustice when they lose, i.e. the other team bribed the Ref etc. Paranoia and conspiracy runs rife and is not helped with the hugh levels of corruption wich is endemic though society. I am not trying to make excuses, just that for me personaly it is a sad state of affairs.

69. Toon win???????? I’m not sure ………… Surely it’s better for us to be nestled in the top four when the totts drop more points?

Peaches,
    I have my rosiest on tinted goggles on today, so simply don’t see Toon as a threat. I’m in a “lets get after the Spuds” mood. I also gather that Abramovich has been down at the chav finishing school this week, which normally means dark clouds are about to descend over The Bridge.

71. Superior Ginga

loved it – smashin – super — right on matey1111111111111111111

You went a bit namby pamby at times but then you got back on the straight and narrer.

Look at this – just look at this ——— Loverly- spot on!!

——“Wenger will win nothing. He has lost it completely. He should just go! Christ!”

——“The rot presided over by this little profit maniac and Board should be “arrested” or a red and white funeral beckons for Arsenal FC.”

——“Keown for Manager!” Wot?????

——-“Ok, so who do we want as a replacement for the senile old bastard?
    O’Neill?
    Adams?”

——-“Forget top 4 this season. It’s not gonna happen. Next summer we’ll say goodbye to more of our best players. If we stay up it will be a good season.”

Feckin ace. Say no more.

And that fart, Red arse — he can go feck himself.

72. Peaches, we need the Spuds to start falling down. It will leave us with two spots in the top-4 to fight for rather than one, which increases our chances to play CL next year significantly. Whether Toon win or not, they will not disappear and the same goes for Liverpool. But a Toon win will bring the Spuds within shooting distance of the mighty cannon, and like Micky said earlier, we can then close the gap with them in our next home game – and a chased Spud soon turns into mashed potatoe. 😆

73. 17th the trophy blah, blah,

Whos side are you on? Yur like a feckin windscreen viper – one minute in the hate mob wiv us – then you are cosying up to a peach and luvin it up. Feckin non sense

We r doomed mate doomed!! ive already applied for me spuds season thingy fer next year. Venger is a doomer!!!

Mr Arsene —— I’m cryin, cryin, cryin ooover yoo.

That’s the spirit TA,
    Four points behind the delusional idiots with 12 games to play, after the next two games.
    Work calls.

75. I must be a bit sadistic, I rather like the slower dropping of two points in every game that they draw – the agony of their supporters’ delusional thoughts that the three points were there for the taking.

Maybe it’s a girl thing, turning the screw 😀

76. Fecking Fecks, I nevvur mix football with birds, and I cosy up to whoever I bleedin well like!

TA and Redders, whats going on here?, you both sound like me on a bad day. hahahaha.

Peaches, your right about the drawing thing. I would very much enjoy going above them on the last day of the season, preferably with a last minute winner.

78. SharkeySure says:

Quality SlimGG….

“Some good results against fellow strugglers Bolton, Wigan and Norwich”…

79. TMHT,

I hope you are not confusing me with that terrible Feckin Fecks the Lot of You? 🙂 You could be right about that TA and 17th Blah, blah — always had my doubts about him, you know. 👿

Glad you are feeling a bit better today, Peaches, — you certainly seemed on top form earlier today!! 🙂

80. SharkeySure says:

Chas 10.26. Love that exchange

Did Geoff ask you not to use his real name..?? Ooops.

Apparently he has actually stopped going. I wonder if he’ll want a ticket for any final that we might reach..??

81. dandan says:

I am often praised or derided on here as being consistant and stable in my support and belief in AW and winning.Well of course I believe in winning as much as the next guy,but maybe,just maybe I have a different take on winning than many of my fellow bloggers, this article encapsulates what I Believed both in my Business years and in my support for Arsene and Arsenal.

Joe Torre On Winning
    Don’t be afraid to fail, encourage your talent, and use your heart. And never be unprepared
    Competing at the highest level is not about winning. It’s about preparation, courage, understanding and nurturing your people, and heart. Winning is the result.
    To emphasize the importance of preparation, I make my players recall a painful memory from the fourth game of the 2004 American League Championship Series. We were up three games to none against Boston, and carrying a one-run lead heading into the last inning of the fourth game at Fenway. Mariano Rivera was pitching when he walked the leadoff batter. Boston decides to put in a pinch-runner, a guy named Dave Roberts, who would change the tide of the game and the entire series when he steals second. Bill Mueller comes to the plate, hits one through the middle. Roberts scores to tie the game. The Red Sox would go on to win it 6-4 and fight their way back to take the championship. Roberts hadn’t had an at-bat all series, but he was prepared to do the job being asked of him. As tough as that game was, I use it and Roberts’ performance as an example to my players. You may be frustrated by not playing — that’s my decision. But you have to understand when I put you in, you had better be ready to play because everybody in that clubhouse is relying on you. There will be a time when everyone on the team is going to contribute to winning a pennant.
    As a member of a competitive team, you want to make sure you have yourself ready to play. You don’t control anything but what you do. As a manager, you are responsible for everybody. You’re the final decision-maker. It’s tougher to do what I do here, but, I will tell you, hitting with the bases loaded is no day at the beach either. After 25 years of managing teams, the last 11 with the Yankees, I have learned not to live in the past and dwell on something that failed. The great UCLA basketball coach John Wooden told me once that you can be prepared and have the best talent there is, but you can’t necessarily control the outcome.

I believe anybody who is not afraid to fail is a winner. I remember seeing my older brother, Frank, playing for the Milwaukee Braves in the World Series in 1957 and 1958 against the Yankees. I look back and admire him so much because he never seemed to worry about leaping to that next level. He just seemed to thrive in the pressure, never asking himself “what if I fail?” That’s why having perspective is so important. If you talk about game seven of the World Series, it becomes so enormous that it scares the heck out of you. If you take it to a level that it is a baseball game and that one of two teams has to win, all of a sudden your chances are better.

These days it is so important for a CEO, or any manager, whoever it is, to be aware of his or her personnel. We are in an age of computers, and everything is so damn impersonal. But in the end, it still comes down to people. You have to make people feel necessary. Even if their contributions are minor, it adds to everything else. That’s what makes the machine work. I love players with heart, not necessarily emotion, but those who deep down are driven by something more than mind and body. I don’t play favorites. The 25th member of the squad is just as important as the first guy. And I can’t let my own emotions get in the way of competing. I have had to release guys I loved, and keep players I didn’t necessarily care for.

I played and managed in more than 4,000 big league games before I ever got to a World Series. But all that experience without a championship helped me prepare for what I needed to do when I came to the Yankees. When I first accepted the job at the end of 1995, my brother Frank said I was crazy. Others were writing about how I wasn’t capable of doing this. All I knew was that George Steinbrenner was the guy who was going to give me the tools. Then it was up to me. I wasn’t afraid of the challenge. I saw it as a big opportunity. Still, even with all the talent and resources we have here, having heart is what really makes a difference. As a manager, or if you’re running a company, you want to know that you can ask somebody to do something and that they are going to find a way to get the job done. That’s the essence of a competitor.

The toughest decision for any real warrior is deciding when to step away from the fight. I always think to myself that if February rolls around and I’m not excited about going to spring training, it’s time. It never happens. A few weeks ago we won a real nail-biter down in Texas and afterwards my stomach was burning. It was the first time in years that my stomach burned like that. One of my coaches, Larry Bowa, said to me, “See? You still want to do this.” I do love the feeling of a big win. But again you don’t have to have a World Series ring to be a winner. A winner is somebody who goes out there every day and exhausts himself trying to get something accomplished. Being able to get the most from their ability. That’s what characterizes a winner

dandan,

Fantastic stuff

83. Red Arse says:

Hi SupaGinge,

With my fooling around I forgot to say that was a great Post. Well done, sir. 🙂

You certainly highlighted the idiosyncrasies of fans who purport to love Arsenal, yet can only find hateful words with which to criticise the club and Arsene. 😦

84. evonne says:

Peaches – you made me laugh 🙂 No, it’s not a girly thing, I go for a kill, instant death of the enemy, come you Geordies!

I am tempted to go on the Scum blogs and see what they are thinking, they must be shitting themselves 🙂 And speculating who is going to manage them for the rest of the season

85. Red Arse says:

Hi Dandan, 🙂

Glad things seem a bit better with regard to your wife.

You have hit the spot with me. Joe was a great player, a great Yankees manager, and a really good guy.

When he joined the Yankees I was not sure he would last, because of his previous connection with the Mets – and the Yankees were infamous for firing their managers anyway.

Great quote from a great guy – thanks for letting us read that! 🙂

86. Another text:

BREAKING NEWS: Ladbrokes have confirmed a dog named Rosie ha just put £189000 on Harry Redknapp to be the next England manager.

87. Red Arse says:

TA, oops sorry, 17th blah, blah, 🙂

My money is on Rosie to become the next manager.

Any dog that can invest its money in Monaco and blame ‘Arry, is worth a bet!!
    We all know that Rosie is the brains behind our ‘Arry!! 🙂

88. TotalArsenal says:

Enough with the blah blah RA! 🙂 Back to normal now.

Rosie is special indeed, I just wonder what she looks like. Maybe Chas can help out…

89. TotalArsenal says:

RA, everytime I hear the name Rosie linked with Twitchie, I makes me think about the German popband Spider Murphy Gang and their song ‘Skandal im Sperrbezirk’ (Skandal um Rosi). It is about a super prostitute; does this ring a bell to you – you might have been in Germany around that time (1981)?

90. goonermichael says:

Off to the bank then lunch see you all later

91. Red Arse says:

TA,

No, I do not remember that song, but around 1992, altho based in the UK at that time, I travelled to Dusseldorf and Frankfurt for 3 or 4 days, every three weeks or so with a couple of other accountants.

The work was very intense at that time, and it left little room for socializing.
    But I do remember cab drivers occasionally playing Spider’s rock and roll stuff, especially “Cadillac” and “Zoag ma doch”.
    (not really sure of the titles – it was along time ago — and it might have been when I was in Hamburg). I am obviously getting old as memories are beginning to fade! 🙂

Very funny post Slim
    And well done for reeling in a few of the gullible hordes.

Dandan
    That’s a fine piece – I enjoyed reading it.

Peaches
    Your 10.37: Pure class.

93. goonermichael says:

Peaches is a classy broad Rocky!

94. Red Arse says:

Ykcor,

🙂 !gniog ro gnimoc ma I fi wonk t’nod I semitemoS

🙂 !revelc yreV.yadretsey ,yddaR htiw segnahcxe ruoy deyojne I

95. goonermichael says:

meht dessim.

I’ll check now

96. evonne says:

GM – exactly! there are many pictures of Bowie looking like a lady boy

97. evonne says:

non-footballing shocker – http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-16985147

GM – you’d better remove that picture from Facebook

98. evonne says:

scum don’t seem to be panicking over potential loss of Arry, I wonder why?
    I checked their blogs and there is little activity, nothing interesting really (there is a surprise)
    Found this (not very funny, but hey, is Friday) http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/tottenham-exclusive-is-this-harry-redknapps-application-letter/

99. goonermichael says:

evonne those peole are very dangerous.

100. evonne says:

GM – tell me! I had an asian lesbian friend, she was petrified of her own family!!! In 21st centuary, when being gay is so fashionable!!

101. TotalArsenal says:

Thank for the reply RA. I had a year in which I had to travel to Europe and US a lot (doing staff transfers from small businesses to the company I worked for back then). Like you, I had very little time ‘to play’ during these trips. International business travel sounds sexy, but it usually means long days and meals out/ room service before you stumble into bed in order to be ready for the next working day.

102. goonermichael says:

not very PC but they should fuck off and join the taliban.

103. goonermichael says:

“I am happy to hear of the interest of a club as important as Real Madrid,” Van Persie is quoted as telling MARCA. “Of course I would be excited to play there.”

Sure he said that. I’ve just hiden those espn soccernet twats

104. evonne says:

GM – they should, but instead they are in comfortable accommodation curtesy of the tax payer

uoyknaht sreddeR

GM
    Maybe they’ll get a good rogering in jail.

107. Red Arse says:

Rocky,

As eleven year olds, we thought it real cool to write ‘coded’ messages to each other like that.

Now I wonder how we did it at such speed. Any sentence over two words written right to left, or typed in reverse is really quite problematical!

I needed a coffee afterwards to steady my synaptic nerves.

oot eurt
    hcuo

Strewth, just seen the fixture timings for tomorrow. Very long day ahead on the sofa. Utd 12.45. Arsenal 15:00, finishing with a Toon victory (sorry Peaches) at 17:45.

Hola Micky
    Agree completely.
    If the Spuds take a few body blows they’ll crumple like tissue paper.

Rocky,
    I have a good feeling about bad stuff heading the way of both Spuds and Chavs. Roman at the training ground and Harry off. It really would be a massive win for us against the form team, then a home banker against the Spuds and we really could build some serious momentum.
    Our chum phoned the other night. He’s good.

Might Coquelin get a game tomorrow, and rest Song. We are going to have to trust some players and use the squad. Fresh legs are going to be a vital ingredient.

Must phone our chum!

I’d play the strongest possible team tomorrow.

That would mean Song, Arteta, Oxo, RvP – and Verm at LB.

Rocky,
    If you do, tell him you have had a vision in which “our chum” must make available two tickets to an “old chum” who will be calling in the week thus ensuring long life and prosperity to him and his children.

* for the Spuds game!

Talking of which, its out with the red cards and onto the exchange for me.

117. gooner lost in cornwall says:

I was going to say , “what a great post”, but slim, you have led me into a false sense of security, them bottom teams still have 42 points to play for. We`re doomed ! sack Wenger ! Stuff pies in ginger`s face and make him fat again !

I`ve had 8 tons of Padstow`s finest delivered today, then effing GG`s are supposed to eat hay, not sand !

Micky , was you at that Food Show at West Point (Exeter) this week ?

Hi GliC,
    No, but I used to do all those food shows a few years ago. When you said 8 tons of Padstein’s Finest, I assumed you meant lobsters!

I think he’s opened another fish n chip shop in Falmouth. They’re overrated in my book. Good fish, lousy chips.

Nothing on exchange yet. Guess its 7 days before.
    Off now, back match day!

121. gooner lost in cornwall says:

I personally love a bit of sarcasm. When you`ve got a MiL who either asks the most stupid question`s or state`s the absolute bloody obvious, then sarcasm rule`s !

122. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Yes Micky, most overated and expensive !

123. gooner lost in cornwall says:

Has anyone seen on Arsenal insider via newsnow, a sneek at what they think next seasons home kit will look like. Hope it`s wrong, imo it looks shit !.

where`s chas the wizard ?

124. gooner lost in cornwall says:

My son had a good idea ( yes, I`m flabbergasted ! ). Why dont nike put up ten or so designs and we the fans get to vote on our favourite, surely shirt sales would then be higher with the chosen one ?. Equals more money for “Super Quality” player !. 🙂

125. gooner lost in cornwall says:

I`m talking to myself, so I will go downstairs and irritate Mrs glic instead with some sarcasm. hehehehehehehehehe

126. Straight from the horses mouth

Persie_Official Robin van Persie
    Contrary to reports in Spain I have NEVER spoken to Marca newspaper and never gave any interview. Enjoy your day

127. glic – sorry you had to spend so much time talking to yourself 😉

128. Gooner In Exile says:

See how’s that for a connection to players Peaches?

Love that it’s not a “twisted my words” response either….just flat out “never spoken to them”.

Re Rick Stein I fell out with him (well his establishments) on holiday in Cornwall a few years back. We always take our dog on holiday and he always took his on his cookery programmes. So in Padstow we thought lets go to a Stein establishment. Asked receptionist who said we could eat in courtyard accompanied by our dog, by the time I went to fetch Mrs Exile and the dog and return through the front door we were told no! We left Padstow.

129. The cheek of them!!!!! Rick Stein that is.

You have to love Robin though don’t you? And I agree with what you said the other day about twitter making you feel closer to the players.

Frimpong is going to allow all his followers to live every moment of his injury and recovery thanks to twitter

130. evonne says:

GiE – good on you! Love me love my dog, I am the same 🙂

I am not sure Boy Wonder will stay, last year of his contract,
    Real Madrid a mouth watering contract, his last chance….and Arsenal are notorious for cashing in on top players

131. @Kes147 says:

Y’all should follow me on twitter… Just for the hell of it. Gooners rock, Arsene rules.

132. gooner lost in cornwall says:

I also Love my dog, Thats another club inside AA, The Dogging Club. GiE, e va va vonne and me, anymore ?, Terry, any Puppies you wanna talk about ? 🙂

133. evonne says:

Morning all
    Stupid polish TV, showing mancs and scum but not the Mighty!! What am I paying for??!! Not happy

134. evonne says:

GLiC – I have almost 3 dogs, so you don’t want me to start, be here all week 🙂

GIE. I took my large dog into the Stein Cafe – no problems at all. Don’t know what else to write that isn’t insulting towards your hound!

GLIC. Micky is a member of both the Wiff Waff club and the Pussy Club. Never trust a man who prefers cats …

Ha, ha BR,
    As I was reading down past GliC’s Dogging Club, a Pussy Club did spring to mind.
    Morning all.

137. I prefer cats Raddy

None of my four cats can answer back as they are away in Italy on a Tour of Romanesque Architecture.
    Did I say before that Cats are smarter, and cooler, obviously.

Excellent GM,
    That’s you, me and Pat has just bought a kitten.

140. Gooner In Exile says:

Interesting Raddy. I think we were trying the formal restaurant. They offered no alternative to where we could eat at a different Stein.

Who could turn this dog away

GiE,
    You took a dog into a formal restaurant!!!
    Instead of leaving Padstow in a huff, you should have taken your dog for a speedboat ride. All that ears back in the breeze stuff.

Dog owners are very sensitive!
    Off out.

143. Gooner In Exile says:

Didn’t expect to eat inside Micky, we asked to sit in courtyard.

Thankfully the people of Pembrokeshire are much more dog friendly….and we had great food whilst with our dog, as we do in North Norfolk.

GIE.We ate in the cafe in the centre of town

Anecdote time:

I was in Italy with my big dog, eating at a restaurant on my own. Next to us was a long table of English diners, two of whom wore Spurs shirts. I am fluent in restaurant Italian and they had no idea I was English. They proceeded to discus how much better English hygiene was than the “filthy garlic eating” Italians and that allowing dogs into an eating area was just another of the dangers to be borne when eating abroad.

This was the summer of 2006. As I left I walked over to the Spurs fans and in my finest London accent reminded them of “LasagneGate”. It was one of my finest hours 🙂

145. VCC says:

Nice one BR. Like it. Lol

Bloody village shop!
    GiE,
    Does the Ticket Exchange only open 7 days before a game? I’m after Spuds tickets.
    BR,
    Have to admit that’s a great dog story 🙂

BR,
    They allow people wearing Spurs’ shirts into formal restaurants in Italy?

148. Micky – the ticket exchange usuallly opens as soon as a match has sold out so I don’t understand why it’s not open yet for the spud game.

The only thing I can think of is that the club have no control over who buys tickets through the exchange and so any scummers that could be bothered to become members could buy them.

149. Red Arse says:

I suppose I had better come out of the kennel and admit I am a dog fellow, (but I like cats too for their ‘where are you slave, with my breakfast?” look). 🙂

The love of my doggy life was a giant 10 stone, black, long haired German Shepherd.

A decorator was becoming overly friendly with him, ruffling his shaggy coat, and ignoring his warning grumble.

I said to this guy, “Stay in that room and ONLY that room and he will watch you but won’t bother you. Call me if you want to go elsewhere.”

“Don’t worry, I have had German Shepherds, I’m not worried”

After 2 hours working in the next room I went out thinking it was very quiet in the other room. There was my beautiful dog with his paws on this guy’s shoulders having pinned him up against the wall, and looking deep into his eyes. Love I thought!! 🙂

The fellow had ignored my warning, walked out of the room and had been ‘attacked’ and stood trembling for 30 minutes, too scared to call me. I told him he was stupid and if my dog had wanted to attack him, he would have been in pieces.

he got into his van and I never saw him again.

Nowt so queer as folk, as SupaGinge would tell you, oop North!! 🙂

150. Gooner In Exile says:

Micky the Exchange is open as soon as tickets are sold out I believe.

I think Season Ticket holders who don’t want to go to the game will sell on the black market rather than the Exchange for this one. I seem to remember Carlito saying he knew a couple of people who paid for the majority of their ST by selling the big games.

151. There’s also no exchange for the AC Milan game which sold out weeks ago.

Maybe we should do a test and see if one of our season ticket holders – chas for example – wanted to try and sell his tickets for the spud game and see what happens.

152. Snap GiE. But the exchange isn’t open, there’s usually a button to ‘sell tickets’. Although there weren’t any for the Manks game the exchange was open – offering season ticket holders the option to sell.

153. Pardonez moi – it is open now 😳

But there aren’t any tickets 😦

154. Gooner In Exile says:

You could be right Peaches, especially after the Dortmund debacle, maybe the same reason for Milan.

155. Yes GiE, I was thinking particularly about Dortmund and how their supporters were everywhere. Letting the ‘ultras’ have wide access to the ground might not be so much fun though.

156. Gooner In Exile says:

Just seen the FA Cup tickets at Sunderland are £20 adults £10 kids/oaps and the club are doing coaches for £5 very generous.

157. Little sweetie 🙂

JackWilshere Jack Wilshere
    Morning all….how cold is it today! WOW never known it to be this cold……drive carefully today! #IceyRoads

158. goonermichael says:

There was aticket for the spuds game on twitter last night but he’d only swap it for liverpool away. It’s going to be hard to get one for that game.

159. New Post …………….

160. goonermichael says:

Does anyone else think dwight yorke is a retard?

161. Victor Idiege says:

Wenger is a magician,i have always known that he will finish among the best four.He is simply wonderfull there is yet to be one like him,he will hit treble next season.He can make a lame a world class