Heya my dear fellow bloggers – allow me to first of all wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas! The past 12 months have not been the easiest for many of us around the globe with Covid-19, economic stress…But here we are about to celebrate another Christmas with our favourite team currently in the Top 4 and qualified for the semi-final in the Carling Cup!
Since the abysmal start of the season, our team has been having some very positive results but also disappointing ones (Everton, Man Utd especially) but overall, it seems that:
- Arteta has finally opted for a system with his 4-2-3-1
- Arteta knows his best XI: Ramsdale – Tomy, Gabs, White, Tierney – Partey, Xhaka – Saka, Ode, ESR – Martinelli (or something close to that)
- AFC finally has a defense that fans do not have to be ashamed of despite the early heavy losses to the big teams
- AFC has some young hungry talented young players that are exciting to watch
- Fans are back to the stadium but also for the most part they back to team and the “Edu-Arteta” project
- Our summer transfer window was one of the best in the last 20 years and somehow, our team topped the budget spent on players…
So for all the disappointment of last season finishing 8 and the lack of silverware, it seems that the last quarter of 2021 under the new 2021-2022 season has offered the fans something nice…a glimmer of hope that we are finally on the right track and that the team assembled could credibly challenge for Top 4 and domestic trophies….
So here it is guys and I know it is not Thanksgiving but for one, I am grateful to finally see an Arsenal team that seems to be on the right path and full of young exciting players. Now if somehow: Auba, Partey, Pepe could have a fantastic second half of the season, I d be very happy too 😛
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! Keep safe, keep healthy and enjoy the festive week-end!