No howlers at Wolves …….. please?

We have been through a miserable few games and tonight we have an opportunity to get back on track. Few will fancy us to defeat a team who appear to have transformed themselves from thug tactics to one that played Man Utd off the park at Old Trafford. Let there be no mistake, United were lucky to take the points and had Wolves taken their chances, they would have won, plus  (DanDan) United scored  on the stroke of halftime and in the 94th minute.

Perhaps it was the criticism of Murphy or the wise words from our Leader but whatever it was Wolves have become a team that plays football, admittedly with a physical dimension but not one that is beyond the rules.

In Matt Jarvis Wolves have one of the in-form players in the PL, a hard working tricky winger with a touch of the Freddie about him. Much has been written about Henry, a robust player and Wolves Captain, Hunt has returned to the team and the two wingers will cause our wayward full backs to concentrate fully on defending. Hopefully the referee (Mark Halsey) will have a good day and keep the game clean.

We have almost a full squad to pick from and are strong everywhere except at Centre Back where Djourou will continue his rehabilitation,  I have the greatest faith in JD having been a supporter of his since he showed so much promise as a youngster and still believe he has all the attributes to become our first choie CB alongside either TV or Kos.  JD has the physique and the pace to become a major player for us, what needs to improve, and improve rapidly, is his positional sense. The long term injury to Vermaelen has caused all our CB’s to play more games than expected and I assume AW would have chosen JD to restart his career in the CC team and from the bench.

Another conundrum is whether to play Cesc. He is a vital cog in the team, our heartbeat, but his performance against WHU was so poor that he apologised in the programme and he was even worse on Sunday with a pass completion of only 67% (the worst in his career.) Is he really unfit? Is he on drugs? Judging by his inability to judge the pace of play I would assume he had a crafty joint in the dressing room (or being very anti-smoking, a hash brownie!!). Whatever it is, he needs to recover form before our title challenge disappears before Xmas. I would rest him tonight and hope he is fit for the weekend game.

Thankfully we can play a midfield of Song, Denilson (Nasri, if fit), JW and Rosicky, who really ought to dominate.

Upfront we have started to stutter. After a superb opening to the season our strikers have forgotten where the goals are, though it has to be said that the service to them has been dreadful. We have two strikers who are formidable in the air and yet they have not received one decent cross in 3 games. Theo is sure to be double teamed at Wolves and he has looked our best attacking option, I fancy him to score when he gets on as sub. The recovery of RvP is very exciting, if only to give Chamakh a rest. In the absence of Nasri I would expect Arshavin to start.

We need these points, the complacency we witnessed on Sunday will garner nothing. It is certain that Wolves will give everything to gain another scalp and we have to show the same sense of purpose.

Come on Boys, show us that it means as much to you as it does to us.

COYRRG

158 Responses to No howlers at Wolves …….. please?

1. SharkeySure says:

Reposted: Morning All

I agree Mickey it seems that you only go the reserve game route if you have been out for 6mths or more, ie Eduardo and now Ramsey.

Any news about on how Rambo fared on Monday night..?? Did he play/not play. Its odd that theres been no news, unless I’ve simply missed it all

My name is BigRaddy and I play 4-4-2.

3. SharkeySure says:

I’m sorely tempted to do my – Woo hoo I am first, I am SharkeySure, I am 9yrs old thing…”

But I figure that’s as childish as crowing about being first.

Boom boom, off to read the post in the battle between me and my puerile side !!

4. Micky do you want to repost your earlier comment with your team in?

Sharkey morning,
    As I said earlier, I simply don’t see the first team as the place for RvP to play himself in. So, here’s another brilliant idea, since the reserves appear to be out of the question, phone the Dutch and ask whether they could organize a friendly for our man!

6. SharkeySure says:

I think I’d risk starting Walcott tonight. Wolves might just fancy taking us on, and if* Theo gets some room he could be devastating.

* How do I make that ‘if’ show as bold and about 3*3 inches in height and width..??

Okedoke Peaches:
    My team:

…….Fab
    Sag JD Squil Gibbs
    ….Den Song
    .Nas JW AA
    ……Bendy

I think Bendy will want the world to realize that he really is the best striker since Fat Ronaldo.

8. SharkeySure says:

Lol Mickey. Don’t let Arsene hear you say that

Yip, I would rest Cesc, Chamakh and Clichy. I want a team who want to prove themselves and are completely fit and ready for battle.

Lying in bed this morning with a coffee, chatting to one my ten year old children, I was being a little doomey about tonights game. How he bollocked me.
    “Dad, talking like that is not exactly going to help, is it”.
    “Yeah, you’re right. Sorry”.
    Blimey, that learned me!

11. tommystout says:

good preview BRaddy, i think we are all looking for a big improvement tonight, as long as players play 100% committed and create the chances, then i will be happy. Sundays lack of the above was embarrassing and demoralising.
    I fancy a sending off for wolves tonight, i think refs are under the spotlight at the moment to cut out the dangerous tackles and we will expect a few meaty ones tonight.
    I’d like to see JET given a chance on the right tonight, he’s big and strong and with Bendtner up front.
    Anyone see JET’s goal on monday? Special.

Micky LOL

I should point out that :

1. I never start with Nik because I get accused of bias 😉 but he would be my choice tonight

2. I didn’t realise Gibbs was fit.

3. I agree your team formation and must discuss with the Master of Graphics (MOG) as to how to change my 4-4-2 into a flexible system that can be adapted to Wengerball.

4. If the post is not to standard, blame a fine bottle of Dolcetto!

I did TS. JET looks a fine prospect – with is size and post he reminds me of (dare I say it) C. Ronaldo. Is he any good in the air?

Having played on Monday there is no way he will get on tonight

BR,
    NEVER back down from your 4-4-2 layout. However much you believe 2-3-5 or even 3-6-1 to be the answer, always post it as you do. Leave us lot to work it out!

BR,
    Is JET any good in the air? Exactly how good does the fellow need to be when he averages about eighteen goals a game with his feet.

16. dandan says:

Nice mixture of fact and humour raddy although I shall be very surprised if Theo doesn’t start tonight, play for an hour and let RVP have 30 minutes, Wolves are a team who move the ball well which allows spaces to develop, both those players thrive on space.IMHO Cesc is a confidence thing and Barring injury will play ahead of AA who along with Thomas will be benched. Either way it will be an open game and we should be favourites in that scenario

17. Red Arse says:

A nicely weighted Post BR. Cautious without being doomladen, optimistic without being arrogant. 🙂

A bit like your Dolcetto!

I have always liked holding a glass of Dolcetto up to the light to gaze at the beautiful rich colour. I used to find it a bit Karl Henry. Has it improved? 🙂

18. Red Arse says:

BR,

At 6’4″ JET has an advantage already, but I can tell you he has scored with headers as a kid, but he is v. different to Ronaldo.

He has lately played on the wing, but really he is extremely skillfull and is more of a natural playmaker, in my view.

19. SharkeySure says:

Kids are great at that age ‘eh Mickey. My elder son will be ten next weekend !!

20. charybdis1966 says:

Morning all, I heard this last night and I’m not sure of my view on it, but does anyone think the three stage Wengerisation of Chamakh is complete?
    Firstly we had a forward who liked to win headers.
    Then we had one who got a few more goals with his feet.
    Now we have a forward player just like all our other midfielders who would rather (find another)pass than shoot.
    If we had the Chamakh of 4 or 5 games ago would we have looked so turgid, constipated and feeble in attack on Sunday?
    Has what made Chamakh a different option for us been coached out of him in the 3 months since his arrival?

21. SharkeySure says:

Good shout re JET Tommy.

I’d hope to see him at least make the bench tonight.

Ten year old twins at this end Sharkey!
    Work calls. The vulgar bastard.

23. SharkeySure says:

Scary thought sthere Chary,. but I really can see why you’ve had them, which is a crying shame if I’m honest.

Watching CHamkh refuse to consider his shooting options is starting to grate a little, even when he’s playing very well.

When he stopped to check if he was onside before shooting against ????, oh dear. That was the pinnacle of his ‘how-can-I-avoid-having-to-shoot-itis !!

Is that a proper word..??

Morning all,

Excellent match preview Raddy – I’m not sure I’d describe JD as having pace though? … on occassion, he has looked flat footed and slow to turn, some strikers have just waltzed past him. But I really hope he continues to improve – he has his chance now.

This game has assumed epic proportions in my troubled Arsenal mind and the nagging little voice is telling me that unless we win our next 2 games, we can forget any hope of winning the title.

Charybdis,
    Just saw your comment. Interesting view. I must say that before he arrived I only saw youtube clips, which I know are misleading, but he certainly looked more direct then than he does now.

26. Red Arse says:

Sharkey,

An excellent word! That was the home game against Shakhtar, and even then he almost botched it as it was a weak shot that their GK got a hand to.

27. chary – you and Rasp are singing from the same hymm sheet there – ‘Wengerisation’ great word 😉

28. charybdis1966 says:

MDi89/S Sure – I hope I’m wrong and it was merely a symptom of our general attacking malaise rather than a loss of that initial “wow” factor he had.
    Maybe the long term result of seeing everyone else in training opt for a pass has subliminally etched itself into Chamakh’s sub concious that he MUST pass.

I’ll be blunt, I fear for us tonight and to me a draw is the most I can hope for.

29. Red Arse says:

Rasp,

I have every expectation of winning tonight.

My only reservation, and it’s what makes the world go round, is you that you cannot legislate for the unpredictable event, unjustified sending off, a bad injury to one or more players, Graham Poll coming out of retirement!

Maybe he hasn’t been Wengerised, maybe, he’s been Ricified? … after all, Pat Rice is to blame!

Seriously, I am totally convinced that our training techniques ‘coach out’ the shooting reflex from our players and replace it with a ‘clever pass’ reaction.

31. One of the mank/cs or both will drop points tonight and if we win we could be settled nicely in 2nd – nah, its not going to happen 😦 or maybe it will, depends if we turn up because we really should be able to beat them handsomely.

32. Red Arse says:

CharyB,

Relax and enjoy the tremulous uncertainty of football. 🙂

You have clearly been scarred by past disappointments, such is life, but if everything was predictable to the nth degree, it would be a nadir of bordom. 🙂

We will win. Trust me, I am a blogger!

33. Red Arse says:

Hi Peaches,

I hope you have taken your lucky knickers back from Rasp! 🙂

I misspelt boredom, above, to see if anyone would notice! 🙂

34. SharkeySure says:

Chary/Mickey. I never expected him to come and score loads of goals, but did expect the great link up play and line leading. Therefore his no. of goals to date have been a real bonus in my eyes.

However watching hiom in an Arsenal shirt it is now clear why he has failed to score a lot of goals in his overall career to date. The beliefhe has in scoring withihis head i scompletly misisng with th ebal at hi sfeet in from to f goal.

A s rEd pinted out against Shahktar, even whne he finally accepted that shooting was gi sionly option it wasn’t a clean strike. Some of the others scored with his feet have been similarly scruffy.

Its all a bit odd to me – but lets be clear, he’s still a fantastic player for us, who has settled in far better and much more quickly than any of us had any right to expect.

Hat trick tonight if he starts !! None with is head – right, left and overhead kick??!!

35. SharkeySure says:

Those typos were excessive – even for me

36. charybdis1966 says:

It’s the change in him(Chamakh) over so short a time that is very worrying S Sure.
    RedaA, maybe I just see it like that because I’m a bit grumpy at the moment, it must be my time of the month or something…

37. Red Arse says:

Have any of you read the double whammy from those two great friends, ‘Arry and Purple Nose.

To paraphrase Twitchy, he said;

“I never criticise referees, except last Saturday, of course, but in tonight’s game (Tuesday) the ref made two diabolical decisions which cost us. We should have had a penalty when Bentley dived, I mean, when he was appallingly fouled while throwing himself to the ground. And he should have sent Cattermole off for his leg breaking tackle on Modric. I never saw the blatant ‘andball by Van the Fart, but that’s the ref’s fault too, innit”.

Then Purple Nose decided to blast “low class” Citeh for buying up any talent going, to enable them to win a trophy. They should try doing it properly, blah, blah dee blah.

How ironic, that ‘Arry is so full of contradictions in whathe says, but he might have a point about the refereeing standards given the obscene stamp that Huddlestone got away with, and the missed handball that gave the Spuds a point last night.

His Fergieness, makes me curl up by accusing Citeh of doing the very thing he has done for years, and on what he has built his reputation. Buy every sodding quality player available, regardless of cost, so no other premiership club could compete!

He and ‘Arry are becoming more and more like the new Morecombe and Wise. “The twitcher and purple nose”, has a ring to it! 🙂

38. SharkeySure says:

Anyone see JETS last reserve performance..??

A guy ion Jeorg BIrds ite s going quite loopy over JETS performance:

“I just watched the highlights of the reserve match yesterday and JET’s brace. It’s getting frustrating to watch this kid play at reserve level.

I have been watching and playing football for over 30 years and I have NEVER…EVER seen a move like the one this kid put on two defenders before making a mockery of a third defender and theN the goalkeeper with an inch perfect shot into the corner.

The move he put on these two defenders…IT’S SICK…ABSOLUTELY SICK…never seen anyting like it before. I literally could not believe my eyes!!! (Pele and Maradona would smile at what JET did to those defenders).

You see, what’s happening is that he is so superior to the players at reserve level that he’s essentially bored and doing circus tricks to keep himself entertained.”

I hope I can see this at work, gonna go try now.

Oh and Afobe scored two plus an assist for Huddersfield

39. Carlito11 says:

Morning all-

Great headline BR! Tonight’s the night these lads show what they’re made of! I’d like a front three of Walcott, Bendtner and Arshavin- if they can remind Chamakh that forwards should shoot then we’ll all be happy 🙂
    Hope there’s a massive tear up in Manchester followed by suspensions galore!

RA Don’t start me. When did the cult of the manager begin? Was it with Cloughie?

I read on AA a comment that someone secretly admired Harry. I almost spat our my cornflakes. The man is a lemon

41. SharkeySure says:

Agree with every word of that Red.

I’m still shaking my head about the Fat One’s stamp. I really don’t know whats gotten into Huddlstone lately with all this thuggery from him. He’s a lucky boy to escape two bans for his stamp and his elbow vs Twente.

Carlito. A draw, a 21 man brawl, two red cards per team followed by a points deduction is the best result tonight.

43. SharkeySure says:

Hudd would feel even luckier if he’d also got a box of dougnuts and cakes thrown in with his non bans. But hey ho fat boy you can’t have everything can ya, try as you might

44. Carlito11 says:

BR- would be great wouldn’t it? 🙂

45. Red Arse says:

BR and Sharky, 🙂 😳

46. Red Arse says:

I have had a look at JET’s goal for the reserves on Arsenal.com, and it’s very good, but I have seen him make and score better goals. 🙂

It is a very different proposition playing against established PL defenders and GK’s, JET would never have been able to score such a goal in the Prem.

Good prospect though.

Carlito/BR,
    1-0 to Utd, then a brawl with Utd having two sent off, followed by Utd getting a three point deduction for said brawl. No points for anyone. That’s a result.
    Back to work.

49. Carlito11 says:

Micky- now THAT is panglossian!

50. Red Arse says:

Damn, I thought it was Pan American. Well I guess that won’t fly! 🙂

51. dandan says:

As a guy who enjoys words, I sense among the regulars some kindred spirits and having enjoyed the banter posted in the last couple of days , I offer these thoughts as a simple code to work by:

Avoid alliteration. Always.
    Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
    Avoid clichés like the plague. (They’re old hat.)
    Employ the vernacular.
    Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
    Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
    It is wrong to ever split an infinitive.
    Contractions aren’t necessary.
    Foreign words and phrases are not apropos.
    One should never generalize.
    Eliminate quotations. As Ralph Waldo Emerson once said: “I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.”
    Comparisons are as bad as clichés.
    Don’t be redundant; don’t use more words than necessary; it’s highly superfluous.
    Profanity sucks.
    Be more or less specific.
    Understatement is always best.
    Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
    One-word sentences? Eliminate.
    Analogies in writing are like feathers on a snake.
    The passive voice is to be avoided.
    Go around the barn at high noon to avoid colloquialisms.
    Even if a mixed metaphor sings, it should be derailed.
    Who needs rhetorical questions?

Brilliant dandan 😆

53. Carlito11 says:

Nice one dandan- 😀

54. charybdis1966 says:

Is everyone still up to following the game tonight?
    I’m going to lose myself in late 1970’s TV sci-fi nostalgia tonight and watch my Buck Rogers season 1 DVD.

Biidii Biddiii Biddiii.

55. charybdis1966 says:

So no Twikki fans then ?

Nice post Raddy.

I am interested in chary’s comment about Chamakh.
    I think he and others noteably Rosicky have been exorcised by Wenger that their natural instincts have been taken away to accomodate wengerball.
    Having said that if we bought Chamakh purely for his heading ability and nimble feet, then we need to practice our crosses,which in the main are abysmal.
    has Chamakh actually got a shot, Rosicky certainly had one.

57. Carlito11 says:

Afraid not charybdis- haven’t watched it since the 80s! I heard there was a new series and that it was quite good. Worth watching?

58. Carlito11 says:

Which means I hope to watch the game- is being shown on sky?

59. charybdis1966 says:

As with most remakes nowadays Carlito they take away everything that was good about the original and make it “darker” and all the characters screwed up and dysfunctional.
    Just see what they did with my beloved Battlestar Galactica, an abomination of a “reimagining” if ever there was one, but that is a rant for another blog,

60. charybdis1966 says:

That’s the thing Kelsey, we can all name players who were more direct attackers before they joined us and we all thought at the time they would balance out the crab football.
    Sadly, it seems to be a repetitive pattern whereby they end being “same old. Same old” and not offering anything different.
    With Chamakh I’m surprised it has happened so quickly while I can only think of our meerkat who has a big enough personality to not want to follow the mob herd, of crabs..

chary,
    but then why do buy them if the idea is to change their natural talent/game,it doesn’t make sense to me.

Diaby is another, he has played in countless positions,yet neither he or Wenger knows his best position, and then of course there is Eboue 😉

62. charybdis1966 says:

It’s got me baffled Kelsey. I don’t understand why Wenger appears to be aiming for a homogeneity of playing style within all our players – surely variety adds different flavours to our attacking mix?

63. dandan says:

Gentlemen, if we never shoot how do we keep hitting the woodwork, Why do we moan at AA going for the near post when he cuts in. Likewise Eboue has a dig most games.
    In my opinion it is not that they don’t shoot it is more we never seem to strike it cleanly.

True we don’t have a Stevie G. but maybe that is to be LJ’s destiny

64. Carlito11 says:

Chary- loved the “herd, of crabs” and thought I’d look up the collective noun- apparently its a cast of crabs. Does Wenger typecast our players as crabs?

65. charybdis1966 says:

And in every cast there has to be a joker Carlito, step forward Emmanual Eboue.

And also there’ll be many saying “They’ve written my character all wrong”

We’ve got crabs and starfish … seem to be lacking in the cockles and mussels department!… hopefully the tide will turn tonight 😉

67. Red Arse says:

Dandan,

I fear I break every rule that you show above. 🙂

I take comfort that wherever that originated, the item that catches the eye is;

“Don’t be redundant; don’t use more words than necessary; it’s highly superfluous”.

Aren’t the last two words of that statement, “highly superfluous” tautology, making one of them “redundant” 🙂

I’m afraid I am so set in my ways, I could never learn new tricks, so to paraphrase what they used to cheesily say in Star Trek, I will have to flipping go. (oops, two split infinitives in one sentence) 😳

68. Red Arse says:

Rasp,

We are in danger of drowning in a swamp of crustaceans. 🙂

69. Red Arse says:

Dandan,

Would you mind if I pinched your list. It really does make very clever points. (no kidding this time) 🙂

70. Red Arse says:

Have you seen the wages comparison between Arsenal and Liverpool, produced by a L’pool blog site?

Very interesting reading. Just as well it was not done before that plonker Benitez left! 🙂

71. Red Arse says:

OOps, in danger of being a Red Arse diatribe, I had better shut up. (one last question, dowes anyone know of a link for the Wolves game tonight? I am not sure I couls stomach the Manc spat!)

72. dandan says:

Red Arse, it seems to me, that you enjoy being mischievous, could it be that your name too was deliberatly picked, to remind us of the baboons that share the characteristic.

73. dandan says:

No, not in the slightest Red, be my guest .

74. Red Arse says:

I can see your thinking Dandan, I am guilty of being mischievous (as it is self evident I won’t even try to kid you 🙂 )

I explained to Kelsey yesterday how I contrived my blog name, so, no, it had nothing to do with baboons! 🙂

Altho’ if I had thought of it ….. 🙂

Thanks for letting me poach your list, it is really very clever, which is more than can be said about my attempt to be humorous with the circular reference to “redundant”.

You probably can’t understand the problems I have switching between American and British spelling/grammar! Oh my! 🙂

75. Red Arse says:

What’s happened to my emoticons? I suspect a Rasp counter attack! 🙂

I remember going to an away game at I think Watford, in the rain, and we drew (mid 80’s’ish) and swearing that was it, no more. We lose to Newcastle, and as always, here I am, brimming with confidence. I guess it is always the perfect antidote to whatever bad happens in the world.

Searching my guts for one of those pre match feelings, and I think I hear something about Bendy.

78. Carlito11 says:

I’m thinking of jacking in my job and opening up a cafe- think I’ll call it ‘Chish and Fips’. It’ll be a greasy spoonerism 🙂

79. Carlito11 says:

Sorry! Just couldn’t resist sharing knowing that there’s a love of wordplay on here- I’ll do better next time! Does anyone know of a stream showing the game?

Arsenal: Fabianski, Sagna, Squillaci, Djourou, Clichy, Song, Wilshere, Rosicky, Fabregas, Arshavin, Chamakh. Subs: Szczesny, Eboue, Nasri, Denilson, Walcott, Bendtner, van Persie.

81. Carlito11 says:

Micky- I hear you on the ‘never again/ eternal optimist’ dichotomy… I tell you what though- there needs to be a big reaction from the lads today. And I say that despite having had the blues banished by a day of sunshine!

82. Carlito11 says:

Kelsey- thanks! Nasri and Walcott on the bench? No Gibbs- is he fit again or no?

Gibbs is still injured.

84. Carlito11 says:

can’t adam and eve it- chamakh!

85. gunnern5 says:

Wolves 0 Arsenal 1

CHAMAKH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

86. Carlito11 says:

anyone got a good feed? radio says its a cracker!

0-1!!!!!!
    Come on…who scored?
    Come back Charybdis all is well

So much for my guts..no Bendy

Carlito,
    wwww. liveonlinefooty.com
    £3/game I think or £6 for 2 months. Great quality. Showing all games tonight. Watch wherever you are with laptop. BigRaddy put me onto it a year ago, never looked back.

Cesc looks right up for it. Mind you, they all do

91. Carlito11 says:

Micky- you are a STAR!

Fab save

Carlito,
    ArsenalArsenal one side of the screen,
    Liveonline the other
    Something cool yellow and wet in a glass
    Oh, and Arsenal winning

94. Carlito11 says:

What’s the ref on?

Looks like the Big Mac diet!

96. Carlito11 says:

Fabregas looked a bit off the pace in the little bit I saw of the first half…

Wow, superb cross from Song for MC goal

98. Carlito11 says:

Glass refill time!

Theo on for Ros at some point?
    Keep them pinned back

City Utd 0-0
    Chelsea 1 up

I have the feed and it is in italian but you can’t hear the commentary.
    Funny we mentioned crosses to chamakh.Arshavin missed a sitter on 6 minutes which would have finished the game, and as the half progressed we seemed to loose our stranglehold on the game.I expect more attacking firepower in the second half. AA to go off for either theo or nasri.

Carlito,
    Where are you, UK?

Kelsey,
    AA looks more threatening than Ros don’t you think?

cesc is off the pace and arshavin has spent most of the first half on his bum.djorou looks a bit dodgy otherwise we seem to be quite comfortable.
    i would say that the goal was the best header we have had this season.

micky, he keeps falling over.actually i thought rosicky was doing o.k.

When was the last time we put a ball into the box like that for MC with the defence still moving backwards?
    Kind of what we have all been talking about. Someone’s watching us!

107. Irishgunner says:

How did he miss? 😯

108. Carlito11 says:

Song had a good first half from what I saw- liking AA too tonight. Micky- London!

109. Irishgunner says:

Karl henry should fuck off cheating bollix

110. Carlito11 says:

Henry’s a proper clogger

111. Carlito11 says:

top save from flappy

112. Carlito11 says:

not dealing with crosses at all

113. Carlito11 says:

not sure I understand the substitution

114. Carlito11 says:

Fabregas shouldve gone off instead of LJ IMHO

115. Irishgunner says:

We need more oomph going forward Theo maybe over Nasri for his speed

116. Carlito11 says:

yep- not a lot of goal threat at the mo

117. Carlito11 says:

Massive overreaction on the fabregas tackle/ no harm intended or done

118. Carlito11 says:

Chaaaaaam

Fab save
    Break
    Goooooooooooooal

Very squeaky bottom but who cares…3points

122. Irishgunner says:

Well done Fabianski – great game.

123. Carlito11 says:

Fabianski’s won us that! That was an edgey graft

Irish,
    Ooomph is called Thrust!

125. Carlito11 says:

Cheers for that tip MickyDidIt89 *tip of the hat*

126. Carlito11 says:

Been a good day! Night all

127. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Sounded like a fair few sour apes 😳 I mean sour grapes @ the end there 😆

FLIK you Wolves!!!!!

128. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Fabianski was bloody sensational. Another clean sheet to BIG JOHAN Chamoneeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

Nite Carlito.

Fabianski and Chamakh joint man of the match.

both full backs played well

Djorou really is a liability

What’s wrong with cesc, his body language is awful.

Squili,Song,Rosicky all played well but defensively we aren’t any great shakes.

really pleased for Fabianski,came back well from sunday.

No game is easy in the PL and this game could have been 5-3, anyway 3 points and good night.

131. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Down with the Hammers, they’re going down with the Hammers, down with the Hammers, they’re going down with the Hammers!!!! You dirty northern fuckwits!! You dirty northern fuckwits!!

132. gnarleygeorge9 says:

How is JD20 a liability in a clean sheet? Blimey we’ve just won against the odds, & you are looking @ negatives.

Its a beautiful sunny day, & The Arsenal are back in the race thanx to some solid defending. End Of!

Are you having some breakfast beers there Gnarley?

134. gnarleygeorge9 says:

MDI89

😛

We were very very lucky. We couldn’t hold onto the ball for more than 2 passes for the last 20 mins. We lost possession from most of our throw ins and we don’t even try to waste time when we’re under pressure and protecting a lead. We didn’t play well at all.

I’ll take a dribbling smiley as a YES then!!

Rasp,
    And we got three away points out of it…he he

138. gnarleygeorge9 says:

Chamakh was only sighted in the 1st 40 seconds and last 40 seconds, yet he is pronounced man of the match. In the other 95 minutes of the clean sheet with incoming consistantly being aimed at the box, Johan is, apparently, a liability.

I’m shaking my head here in amazement. But I refuse to be negative, coz it was a gutsy, gutsy, ballsy win! Well done The Arsenal.

139. Irishgunner says:

More thrust is needed 🙂

140. gnarleygeorge9 says:

No Mick, I’m off to work, but I wouldn’t mind one. A nice coffee will do. Later dudes!

We could just as easily lost that game 3:1. Fabianski made 2 amazing saves and should have been MotM not Chamakh. I thought Squidgy had a very good game but Song and Fabregas are well off form.

After Newcastle and with Wolves and Everton away in seven days, a performance would be nice. Three points essential. I am very very happy. Same again on sunday, then a performance against Spurs.
    Confidence will grow. We are back on track.
    Good company. Thanks and goodnight.

My goodness, I must have watching a different game to you guys.

Firstly, it was a brilliant match, really really tense with both teams giving no quarter

Secondly, 4 of our defenders had excellent games. Fab and Squill were outstanding and I would give both a 10. Sagna was very good and made a wonderful block to save a scertain goal, Clichy was back to his best against a very tricky winger, The only negative was JD’s first half which was dreasdful, thankfully he improved later.

IMO JD was our only weak player.

We created loads of chances two of which (Fab +AA) would have been scored 9 times out of 10,, hit the woodwork , had one cleared off the line and yet some saw it as a lucky win!!

I was proud of the lads this evening, they fought hard, played with heart and beat a team who gave everything.

But then …. I am biased 🙂

144. SharkeySure says:

Just finished watching it ‘as live’ as we had a birthday today in the family,. Well I say ‘as live’ but it was Skys 45min highlights.

Agree with Raddy.. wot a tense game that was. We missed great chances – thought this won’t be our night tonight.

They missed great chances – thought this is our night tonight.

Agree with GG9 – thought the boy Djourou done good. Get in Big Johann !!

Loved the attempt to hype our World Cup winners tackle, without a mention of the Dog and Duck’s finest leg breaking chaklneg on Arshavin.

Typical Sky shite !!

145. SharkeySure says:

Special mention to DanDan for his ‘guide to blogging’ on ArsenalArsenal. Top quality that.

I love this site !!!

Sun’s out here in S London at 11.30pm….lovely evening !!

Fabianski !!!!

146. gnarleygeorge9 says:

I am astounded that people can focus on negatives in a clean sheet away win, that could very easily have been a draw or even a loss. But then I realise the time, its night there & some must have been pissed as farts while watching the game.

Me? I had a perfect picture & what I saw was some desperate defending by The Arsenal. I saw a goalie who has been described constantly as a liability, put in a blinder.

The thing I have noticed about some Arsenal supporters is they need to have a fall guy every week. Someone to take out their frustrations on. I guess the latest is Big Johan. I mean hey, it wasn’t he who’s head it was that flicked the ball across to Hunt @ point blank range, only for Fabianski to say the particular blokes blushes.

No, Big Johan, in a clean sheet, against the odds is once again, apparently, a liabilty and or Arsenals only weak player.

So finally, with the ball constantly flying into the Arsenal box, I ask myself why? I guess it was because the midfield couldn’t hold onto the ball. Does that make Johan a liability?

With the midfield not being able to hold onto the ball, the last resort was to hope that Fabianski was on his game (he certainly was)and/or the backline booted the shit outa the ball, as far away from danger as possible.

I say thankyou to every Arsenal player who took the field @ Wolves. You all did the fans proud 🙂

COYRRR

147. pat says:

Just watch delayed on sky in NZ – go the Fabianski!!!! 3 pts courtesy of him, Chamakh and fabregas with the assist. We managed to hold out and hang tough well done lads!!!!

Dandan: The Blog Poster’s Code:
    Class.
    Pure class.
    Wickedly witty and wise. One of the best comments I have engaged with. As eloquent as a nightingale. But don’t get carried away or you’ll be hoist on your own petard.
    A comment of excellent quality that I thought was really good.

🙄 testing…

BR,
    Yip, that works!
    Wet, windy and all around gllomy day, but I feel great. I know there was criticism of certain performances from some quarters, but I thought we showed a real appetite for the challenge.
    Given all the discussions recently about our style of play, I thought the cross from Song showed exactly what Chamakh has been missing. Swift delivery of a ball that he could really attack with the defence on the retreat. My one negative is that we do not see balls played like that from our wide boys.

That’ll be a gloomy day.

GG. You are right, all 11 men were heroes and it was churlish of me to point at JD: No player has a perfect game and he improved as the game progressed.

We have bemoaned the lack of a solid defensive performance and a clean sheet under enormous pressure is a testament to our much maligned boys at the back. It was not luck. that got us through, it was determined and quality defending. Wolves didn’t hit the woodwork (we did …. again!), Rosicky was in his correct position when clearing off the line – which is not down to luck. Fabianski showed what a fine shot-stopper he is (though for the moment I reman unconvinced of his abilities to be Arsenal’s long term GK)

Micky. True, the cross was perfect – as good a cross as any I have seen , as was Chamakh’s excellent header which came at the end of a strong and determined run between two big defenders. It was a top quality goal, from Fab’s fast throw out to Rosicky’s wonderfully balletic turn in midfield and then the cross and header – should be one of the goals of the PL season.

BR,
    Credit where its due and all that. Passed on the onlinefootie site to Carlito. It was you who put me onto it about a year ago. Do you still use it, or have you secretly found a free 3D alternative?
    So, in honour of you, I say:
    4-4-2 Forever.

Micky. I am touched. Thank you 🙄

Felliani (sp?) out of sunday’s game. Has to be a positive. Simply cannot wait.
    As I feel so damn good, I am going to do very high quality work today, and I am going to do it all in two hours, then play. That’s what Arsenal can do to me. They make me deserve things I don’t deserve.
    Have a great day all.