Is Wenger Right ?

After our win at Borehamwood Wenger stated that he would not be adding to the forward line. He said “Up front we don’t need any more. It’s not especially for numbers. We need a goalkeeper for sure and after that it depends on how our midfielders get through without injuries until the start of the season. Maybe at centre-back we’ll still bring one in.”

David Ospina appears to be our third signing and I would hope he is competition to our Number one not just a back up to be used in Carling Cup games.

Szczesny has a good fifteen years left as a top keeper but IMO he still has a lot to learn and it would be nice for him to fight for his place rather than be an automatic choice though I know many will disagree with me.

Wenger was obviously talking about Vermaelen and I would be sad to see him go but if he does leave I really think it’s a mistake. He is a good player who lost form and has struggled to get his place back with the formidable duo of Mertesacker and Koscienly practically always being first choice but as we know Per reads the game well but by far is not the quickest defender around.

Miracles do happen so maybe Diaby can fill that hole for rotation in certain games. Wishful thinking on my part and I suspect there are at least two or three options on the cards if Vermaelen leaves.

Our ‘goals for’ has to improve and a fully fit Ramsey will provide those together with the new signing Sanchez and eventually Walcott, though he will miss at least 15 + games from the start of the season. Ozil and Cazorla should be able to up their goals apart from providing many assists.

Will the ever smiling Podolski be a starter,based on last season, the answer is no.

I have said it many times that a basis for a good team is a solid defence and I don’t want to see us ripped apart as last season by four teams who also finished in the top seven. That amounted to half the goals we let in in the whole season.

This is the key to having a good season by improving our points tally against the main contenders. Sagna was a big loss as he could play in three different positions, nearly always tried his best but it’s difficult to bomb along the wing and cross the ball only for no one to being in the box.

Our game needs to be played far more on the ground and at a quicker pace especially when counter attacking.

kelsey

132 Responses to Is Wenger Right ?

1. Morning all, good questions Kelsey

Apparently AW went on record yeaterday, according to the Star, that he is not in the market for another striker? Does this mean he will rely on Sanchez, Campbell and Sanogo to give relief to Giroud? And Cockie and Transplant, I don’t mean ‘oral’ relief :-)

Excuse me Kelsey, but Terry calls —

Terry said:
    I was young and naive so decided to stay in Greece. If you do that, you get conscripted

As a kid I could dive, kill fish and Octopus armed with just a spear and snorkel. All Greek commandos have to be good swimmers.

I believe you. We heard there was this Greek commando, or at least a bloke who went commando;

They made him dive by attaching stones to his ankles, giving him a goldfish to kiss, and it died of asphyxia, then for his last test he was thrown into a bubble bath with a plastic octopus and when it touched him he screamed like a cissy and cried for his mama.

That must have been you! was it? :-)

Good football post Kelsey.

The short answer is that Wenger is always right, the slightly longer answer is that we do have enough up front for the first time in a long time, so again Wenger is right.

The even longer answer is that we certainly do need goalkeeping back up, and I am sure this will be addressed in the same way as the need for a right back was addressed. Filling that position was more urgent so it makes sense for that piece of business to be done first.

And, following that trail, a new striker was even more important than a right back so it makes even more sense that that position should have been filled first and foremost.

I still think Wenger would be receptive to a new midfielder but as that is the least important I think he will only act if someone of Khadiera’s calibre becomes available and, importantly, wants to come to THOF. All of which I am in total agreement with so once again it is my view that Wenger is right.

4. RA

I heard that Greek commandos had to run up and down Wood Green High Road, making sure they weren’t knocked over by pensioners and then up the hill at Alexandra Park to the Palace, where they then had to show that they could go the distance with a couple of gay blokes without using a snorkel. :-)

Redders & 69, hahaha, something like that

Ive learned a terrible reality today. Every one knows ime a pansy. hahaha

6. Motning all, one of Knot Ear brigade here.

Always agree with most of what you say Kelsey, I notice the change in tack from what Wenger said at the Boerha game, that transfer wise: “It’s not over – there’s still a long way to go”, yet now it seems it’s only a goalie left and possibly a centre back.

Thanks Kelsey

I will be quite happy if we now just get Ospina.

We have enough midfielders already and have plenty of options up front to.

Our younger players, notably the British ones, will be stronger next season and ime convinced we will compete better physically.

Can we win the league? No doubt. We will win it

8. goonerkam says:

Morning all.
    Nice post KELS
    tend to agree with AW. if TV5 stays all we would need is a good goalkeeper and ospina fits the bill.

9. goonerkam says:

Of course if a top top footballer becomes available for a bargain basement price, well then I’m sure AW will be in the market. A bit like OZI. he won’t pass up on that.

Morning all,

Over the past few days I’ve spent a lot of time waiting outside a pub that never opens. I was lured away by the promise of good chat and great single malt sampling – some hope at that pub.
    I know – some of you don’t know what I’m on about but those that do will understand.

Kelsey, while I think Vermaelen would a fine back up CB and LB I cannot see him in regular starting position. His captaincy has not been that great either – we need to have our leader on the field and not the bench.

We are now overrun with mid-field options but IMO we still need to add a very defensive MF another striking option and of course another goalkeeper.

Thanks for the post.

I can’t argue with your conclusion about Vermaelen GN5,but nevertheless purely on a personal basis the man must be gutted.He was outstanding until 2 seasons ago and yet he obviously wants to be a regular in the side.
    LB also concerns me.Gibbs is a fine but not great player,but yet another who is injury prone and to be honest Monreal IMO just isn’t good enough.Ideally we need a player to cover for Kos or Merts who can also play at LB.

A few years ago Flamini did it on the opposite flank and marked Beckham out of a CL game.

AW likes players who can play in more than one position.

By the way I am giddy with too much vitamin C ;)

That’s okay Kelsey if you get your kicks out of vitamin C – then go for it.

Well done with the Post, Kelsey.

Your last paragraph says all that needs saying;

— “So in conclusion we need to score more and concede less and then we have a fighting chance for the Title”

Hi RA.

Only 25 days to the PL kick off. I’m really looking forward to this season as I believe that it will be fiercely competitive with Man C, Chelsea and ourselves taking the top 3 positions and Liverpool, Man U, Everton and Spurs vying for 4th spot.

Even if we only add a goalkeeper I believe that we have enough to win the league with one other big IF – if we can rid ourselves of the injury bug!

Seriously disappointed Crystals

Where is the bloody Doom then? :-)

Oh, ok, good post and I agree with it :-( I would like an upgrade in the DM area, but happy to go into the season as we are.

Driving about earlier, and some bloke on radio saying we’re about to do swapsies with Utd for Verm and ……

Missed the next bit :-)

Hey RA
    Quick word while we’re here together. It wasn’t Arnie’s fault. Eddie started it, then apologized. I then fuelled the flames and didn’t. Arnie merely responded.
    I won’t talk political stuff again. I think :-)

Bang on the money GN5

“I believe that we have enough to win the league with one other big IF – if we can rid ourselves of the injury bug!”

Our season went up in smokes when Theo cleared off, to say nothing of Aaron.

Why can’t players like ????????? get the log termers? :-)

log? long

Micky,

It just goes to show how supple the brain is, I didn’t notice the log/long bloop until you pointed it out – I automatically read it as long.

20. 26may1989 says:

Nice one, kelsey.

That quote from Wenger is interesting.

When he said “Up front we don’t need any more. It’s not especially for numbers”, it sounds like he means there won’t be any more forwards signed. And with Giroud, Sanchez, Sonogo, Campbell, Podolski and Walcott, we certainly have plenty of options. But I think Wenger left a get-out in there: “especially not for numbers” (reordering the words slightly, since I think that’s what he meant). So, perhaps in excluding the need for numbers, he’s flagging that he’s still on the look-out for quality forwards, even if he has plenty of able bodies available.

The bit about a goalkeeper is self-evident, our second and third choice GKs left so of course we need to bring in one and likely promote one. As we’ve discussed in the past, I’m one of those that doesn’t have the same take as you on Szczesny. I think he is already established in terms of quality, and looking back at least season, he was one of our stand-out players. My concern about Ospina is that the Colombian is a very good keeper as well, and I worry that one of the two is going to end up out of sorts. Van Gaal’s trick of swapping keepers isn’t exactly the usual way of deploying them – I feel most comfortable having a solid, unquestioned first choice, with an experienced old pro and a hungry youngster providing cover. Having two keepers in their prime makes me a little uneasy. But perhaps it’s going to work out really well, as the two drive each other on to be better and better. Anyway, my comments don’t really matter, it does look like Ospina is heading our way, and I mustn’t grumble, he is a very good player.

As for midfielders, I read Wenger’s reference to getting through without injuries as being about Diaby as much as anything. I long ago wrote off Diaby but I very much doubt Le Prof has, despite everything – if Huggy Bear puts in another couple of solid pre-season performances, I wouldn’t be surprised if all the Khedira/Bender/Schneiderlin chat is terminated without further business being done for a central midfielder.

As regards a centre-back, TV5 is very likely to be out of the door now – Wenger doesn’t put things into the public domain lightly. Much as I like Vermaelen and feel sorry for him (as much as one can for an incredibly well paid and pampered footballer), I thought Exile’s comment about Verlamelen and Sagna being excessively individualistic had a lot of truth in it. I wouldn’t want Smalling or Phil Jones to be our first choice, but I could certainly be happy swapping Vermaelen for one of them as third choice CB. Perhaps even getting Micah Richards (though much as I like him, there are more issues about him). Another idea would be Chigirinsky, a good CB who is now dodging bombs and bullets at Shaktar Donetsk. As regards fourth choice CB, I think that is likely to go to one or more of the Academy players (Miquel, Hayden and Ajayi).

So my bet would be on Ospina, a replacement for Vermaelen and perhaps, just perhaps, a top quality striker. The last bit is really just speculation, and I don’t seriously think we need that player, but if it did happen, a late sale of Poldi and/or loan of Sonogo might follow.

Champions League play-off information

Arsenal will face a qualifying tie to reach next season’s Champions League.

The Gunners will enter the competition in the play-off round. This is the latest information about our potential opponents:

Arsenal will be one of the 10 teams in the ‘non-champions’ section of the draw
    Five teams will enter at this stage, plus the five winners from the third qualifying round for non-champions
    Arsenal will be seeded and will face a non-seeded team in a two-legged tie
    The other confirmed seeded teams are: Porto, Napoli and Bayer Leverkusen
    Athletic Bilbao are likely to be unseeded, but they will be seeded if Zenit St Petersburg do not qualify for the play-off round

Seeded teams in the play-off round:

Arsenal (112 coefficient)
    FC Porto (105)
    Bayer Leverkusen (70)
    Napoli (61)
    Athletic Bilbao (54) – will be seeded if Zenit do not reach play-off round

Other teams who could qualify for play-off round:

AEL Limassol (7) or Zenit (73)
    Dnipro (32) or Copenhagen (45)
    Feyenoord (13) or Besiktas (34)
    Grasshoppers (9) or Lille (45)
    Standard Liege (38) or Panathinakos (30)

Third-qualifying-round ties will be played on July 29/30 and August 5/6.

The draw for the play-off round will take place on August 8.

We will update this page when further information becomes available.

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source

Terry Mancini,

Re your 10:56, there is no suggestion you are a pansy!

There can be no questioning the inclinations of any red-blooded man who dates a succession of very attractive hen pigeons. :-)

Mind you, going commando sounds a bit more like that Glic – especially in the under and over pants department – simultaneously.

Hi GN5,

What is the betting that Micky will say, next week, ‘who do Arsenal play in the qualifying round of the CL?’

He does it to me on a regular basis. Neo-con whatnot! :-)

Incidentally, what is ‘neo-con’? Related to air-con, maybe? :-)

I must really try and keep up with the AA blog chat.

There we go – too many comments from me.

Gone now. :-)

26. arnie says:

lovely stuff, Kelsey. :) But not that much to disagree about. :sad:

For the record, Wenger is always right. Why would he not be? He couches his stements with so many ifs and buts! :) Clever man. :razz: Top star. :)

OK, so with a bit of help from 26may, it seems he is saying we have enough forwards. We are looking for quality, not quantity. No argument there.

GK seems to be sorted. Personally I am very happy with that. Another right/centre back will be good only if it provides an opportunity for Jenks to develop further with regular first team action elsewhere.

Backup for Verms also sounds good. By the way, the Portuguese, Italian and Brazilian names doing their rounds all sound good. But likely just transfer bollix.

A DM will be good but only if a top one. Otherwise, happy with what we have.

IMO we are sort of sorted. Cannot wait for the real fun to begin. COYG COYRRG :) :) :)

27. arnie says:

Thanks, Micky. Apols for the apparent misunderstanding. That comment was not aimed at you. That would be Frenchie “you know who” sexual libertine. But apols anyway. :)

Oi, Redders, self-styled leader of the “half knot bin ear” gang. that comment was bang out of order. IMO. And not even a smiley. :razz:

28. arnie says:

A personal note. Today, I am marking my first anniversary on AA. Good fun. Thank you chums. :) :) :)

29. arnie says:

Still, the Verms situation leaves a bit of a bitter taste in the mouth. Sad. :sad:

30. arnie says:

cannot really complain. :)

31. GunnerN5 @11:53am

Be careful laddie, where else can you get away with all those bad jokes…. the pub landlord listens to them all the time and even laughs occasionally :-)

arnie,

Oops you are right — mucho apologies — I did miss out on the smiley, so here we go; :oops: :smile: :roll: :D :twisted:

You probably gathered that I did not have a clue what Micky was referring to — that’s what happens when I do my gadfly impression. :-)

NB,

You are dicing with death calling GN5 ‘laddie’. He is our elder statesman, and his jokes are part of the life blood of AA – a bit like your chorizo! :-)

Congrats to you arnie for managing to stick it out for 1 year.

I popped in for a brief visit over 4 years ago — and I still cannot get away.

I blame the early settlers who are very enticing with their ‘come hither’ Posts and comments. :D

35. arnie says:

Redders. Glad to see you return to the “half bin ear” team. :) :) :razz:

Thanks RA I knew you would take my back, that NB can be a real bloody bully and he runs a virtual pub that is rarely open – and serves no food!! The jokes on him!!

37. arnie says:

NB out out out! :)

38. RA

My pedigree chums over at the SoreArses pub are like a bunch of comedians on speed.. I just can’t stop them. You have no idea, having to deal with them all day long :-) it wears you out, I can tell you. and then they knock on the frigging door in the early hours expecting a drink :-D

I agree arnie, he’s the virtual type that we can do without. We make valiant attempts to be sociable patrons of his pub and all he does in return is abuse us.

sorry to interrupt guys! does anybody else find this funny?

41. See what I mean… GN5, asking RA to take him from the back, bloody load of Broke back blokes as well. Specially with that Greek geezer with the transplant…. who thinks he’s a brokeback Commando :-D
    RA, you ain’t been in there for a while, you really don’t know what I’m having to put up with. :-)

42. arnie says:

NorthBank. what kind of a publord blames his patrons for his misfortune. Oh, what the world has come to? I blame the clandestine stuff NB shells out under the counter. He must himself be high on that sh*t! :razz:

GN5,

With your combined knowledge of Highbury and Islington it was fascinating to hear/read your combined reminiscences going back many years. Brilliant.

Have you visited NB’s own blog yet (just click on his name) – it is certainly a good read on a Sunday, and mixes art with football and humour.

I am hoping to go to the South of France in the Autumn (NB lives there now, with about 6 wives) and I would like to be able to visit him, so that he can show me some of his still life art, (which is excellent) and inveigle him to introduce me to an art model etc……. :-)

Don’t tell Rocky, or he will invite himself to come too. :D

44. Can I just say that I do serve pork scratchings and I’ve had no complaints from Arnie so far :-)

NB,

I have just read your latest Post, and what a fascinating life you have had. :-)

46. arnie says:

NorthBank. divide and rule, eh? :razz: the beer is fine, though, I have to say, and the pork scratching delicious. :)

47. RA…. it was, but then I decided to get married for a second time :-D and then a third time… but wifey No3 was at least French, so some excitement there :-D

Have you been on Bergkampesque lately, NB?

Terry and Cockie won’t take your comment about my mate Stretch and his commando style lying down. :-)

I enjoyed your little tête a tête a little while a go, and perhaps I should not have mentioned that footballing den of iniquity in front of arnie, it might bring out his wild side. :D

49. Get back to your football discussion and earplugs for Eddie…. I need to return to my pub before the locals turn nasty :-)

50. By the way Eddie, I wasted 5 minutes of my life on that video.. :-)

RA,

I’ve been going to NB’s site on a regular basis and I’ve made valiant attempts to brighten it up but all I get ia abuse and the occasional promise of a virtual drink – and since when were pork scratchings considered to be food?

52. RA

I’ve just been over to BK and Cockie with the monster and Terence hairtransplant are no where in sight. They must be hold up together in the Wood Green Community centre for misguided Spuds and examining each others sorearses. :-) or telling each other Rolf Harris jokes.

Well you forgot to mention that you soon mastered the French language. Frustratingly I am reasonably proficient in the written skills, but the French either genuinely or perhaps falsely do not understand my accent, especially when I try out the old “Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce sour?” even when I sing it like the song ‘lady marmalade’ a la Christine Aguilera.

Yeah right – I always say it was my singing that failed – not that the girls did not want to know — too direct, do you think? :-)

NB and GN5 — :D :D

What a pair you are!!

55. You do see what’s happened here…. I was an Intellectual, reasonable and honest bloke doing a nice clean blog until I was corrupted by GN5, Kelsey, Cockie man and the flying transplant called Terry. Could I possibly persuade Peaches to come over on occasion to keep order. We need a mother figure :-)

56. arnie says:

Intellectual? reasonable and honest bloke? what a joke! does not even know how to treat respectable ladies!

First he says sweet and innocent Evonne wasted 5 mins of his scum life, and then he has the temerity to address Peaches as a mother figure? Oh, what has the world come to! Oh dear! :)

Nasty piece of work arnie we are better of at The Nags Head!

Bit strong, arnie.

Go and have a look at NB’s blog, and some of his art. (you do realise he was joking about Evonne, White Bear, Eddie?)

[Well maybe not about the 5 mins]. :-)

59. RA

It’s ok, he’s been a customer of mine for a while now…. he knows the blog. :-) and I’ve just realised why I couldn’t place Evonne and white bear in conversations here, because it’s Eddie. :-)

60. arnie says:

Yes, Redders, his artwork is very good, even if his credentials as a publord are a bit dopey. I told him I would like to see some of the prices, but he wont send me prices. Perhaps you will do a bit of scouting for me? Rockstar wont know, I promise. :razz:

61. arnie, I posted a reply about paintings and prices. :-)

I thought that might be the case, NB.
    Ev va va tonne has many different guises. :-)

arnie is also good guy, and a real professor of economics who travels the world educating peoples.

63. arnie says:

sorry, NB, did not notice. bloody too many blogs. :razz:

I would not give him more than 5 chorizos – a favourite of his! Oh, and a bottle of good red wine!! :D

65. arnie says:

trying to make an honest (?) living, Redders. :razz:

Pork scratchings= a dentist’s delight.

Now chaps it took me 3 minutes to put this post together (as you tell) so any other thoughts.

67. Kelsey

I try the dentists delight with the birds I meet….. open wide :-)

In some ways – no, make that many ways, Oh, Great Kelsey, your Post finished with a clear solution to how we can win the EPL.

Then 26’s excellent comment at 2:36 cleverly dissected and sliced the Post and presented his views like a neatly trussed filet of veal, and between you — you killed any further discussion. :-)

69. Can you get time for killing a discussion?

In his case, yes :)

71. There were two irishmen walking up a country lane…..

…………and one of them knocked on a cottage door.
    A woman stuck her head out of an upstairs window and said –
    “What do you want”?
    “We’d like to stay here”
    “Okay, you can stay there”

NB – sorry you think you wasted 5mins of your time, I thought it was hilarious. That guy has actually thought it is a good idea to record and publish a video of how to make home made ear plugs!!! How sad is that???

74. … and shut the window boom boom :-)

What did you say Eddie?

76. Eddie

I think I knew that was what you meant…. it was sad and I suppose funny :-) but five frigging minutes :-D

It was only a joke on my part……….. 5 minutes within the amount of life that I’ve lived is like the amount of time you may think about Tottenham ever winning the Championship again. :-)

77. Eddie

Read my blog and you’ll find out that I’m not such a villain as Kelsey, arnie and GunnerN5…. I quite a sweety compared to them :-)

Eddie, don’t risk it, he’s trying to groom you and he doesn’t like dogs!!!

Kelsey. What a good post, I really liked your analysis, pros and cons and I think you have it spot on. Of course there is more chance of TV staying than Diaby being fit through the whole season! But we might be wrong.

I am surprised you didn’t even mention our new shiny toy – surely he will improve our ‘for’ goals figure?

Thanks Kels, always good to see you around

NB :)

GN5 – a posted the worst vid clip – some nutter makes ear plugs. I can put up with grooming, but dog discrimination is unacceptable. Repressed animals I wont put up with

So there NB get out of that!

Repressing poor dogs, what sort of person are you?

82. GN%

That’s easy to get out of mate

Eddie here is my dog Charlie… does he look repressed or maltreated

Repressed or maltreated cannot be determined or disputed from a picture – but poor old Charlie looks scared out of his life, It’s almost as though he’s saying what’s next with this monstrous bully of a part time bartender!

I’m off out while the going is good – nite anybody out there…………….

no, he doesn’t look repressed. Charlie is a lovely boy :)

Have we signed Ospina? Some sources are reporting that we did, today.

BUT what Metro is reporting is just out of this world, imagine if that happened? “Lionel Messi was allegedly interested in a shock transfer to Arsenal before he signed a new contract with Barcelona just two months ago”

86. chás says:

kelsey, ta for the post.
    I’d really like a 30 goal a season guaranteed striker to be purchased.
    So maybe Wenger is wrong when he says the bus is full upfront.

Maybe he thinks Sanchez is the Chilean Suarez who would have won us the League last season.

Debushy should fill the Bacary hole.

Ospina should keep Szcz on the straight and narrow.

If Tommy doesn’t want to stay, perhaps it’s best to let him go. Wenger was reportedly (admittedly, this means nothing) interested in both Jones and Smalling, so as long as the swap deal doesn’t involve Cleverley, I’d be ok with it.

I so hope we score more and concede fewer than last season. We might even be in with a chance. :)

87. chás says:

Santiago is surplus to requirements in our over-stocked midfield?
    Hmmmmmmmmm.

88. chás says:
  89. chás says:
  90. chás says:
  91. arnie says:

So, Copenhagen away in the CL Qualifies is possible.

Sounds like a Lock-In chez The Hippy

Chas go surfing Portugal tomorrow.

Near perfect learning conditions in Cornwall right now :-)

Or, here is THE perfect learning wave in Devon right this minute

Morning

Eddie/Evonne I did say Ospina was our third signing so I took it as a given that there was no need to mention Sanchez, as that’s a given.

Interesting no one picked up on my comment about Monreal, and why weren’t we on Newsnow yesterday.

Have the owners eloped to Gretna Green :)

Oh sorry micky I shouldn’t be talking about football before 9.30. ;)

Wrong Crystals

You address the New Improved Didit who speaks only football.

Well, and surfing…..

“Have the owners eloped to Gretna Green”

Are you saying Kronke and Usmanov are woofters?

Well, and gossip, rumours and….

Oh damn it, let’s face reality here, I’m not about to change :-)

Football Crystals,

It’s hard to doom right now isn’t it. I mean, we had a great season last time around, and world domination was only prevented by injuries.

GK and RB aside (which are both more or less like for like), we have massively upgraded with the addition of the genuinely world class Sanchez.

So, being a realist :-) the future is dazzlingly bright. Shades on.

what is Gretna green?

I am getting ready for the new season, so I will have time to watch every single game without feeling guilty that I should be doing something else. Today I till extract some honey – about 100lb, yum yum

So much for FFP! Explain to me dear GIE how can Real buy Rodriguez for £71 mil??? I thought they were already in breach of the rules

The under 21 blue Mancs walked out from the pitch in Croatia when one of the young players was racially abused. Good! That is what should happen in every game – walk out! Fines don’t work

Micky – you are not the only surfer on AA, you know. I went surfing once too. Mind you, it didn’t go very well, I can hardly swim :)

hey Terry, did you see whom we have just signed from Barca? Georgios Spanoudakis aged 15.

106. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Very good post Kelsey,
    I share your concerns for Merts lack of pace, and he’s getting slower by the day. Merts positional play is very good and with a fit Koshielney he will get away with murder, but it will cost us of that i am sure. Vermaelen is quality, i know his form has dipped but i believe sitting on his arse has done that. Rotation rotation must be brought in.

Our forward line looks a lot better and i am not looking for any more forwards, although i am concerned that Walcott will miss a lot of games at the start of the campaign. Walcotts injury record is not good, Sagna covered his arse a lot in the last few seasons but now he has moved on, i doubt Debuchey even knows who Theo is. Diaby could even make a show this season although i suspect it will only be for a couple of games. Wenger annoys me where he sticks with injured players for a very long time..

Eddie in a wetsuit!!! That’s more like it :-)

ps that’s a bodyboard :-(

By the way, on the Real Madrid and Fair Play do-da, last year they bought Bale for squillions and balanced the books a bit by selling a bloke called Ozil, or something.

Maybe they’ll have to flog the odd defensive midfielder now. Who knows :-)

Hi Steve

I can never make up my mind about Arsene and Diaby. Kinda like the loyalty thing, but my problem is if waiting and waiting and waiting stalls Arsene on filling the void.

Another problem being, he’s good, but not that good.

109. chás says:

That’s more like it, Steve.
    Top class dooming. :)

I wish Wenger hadn’t stuck with van Pussy through his injury-riddled years. We might dislike him less if we’d just dumped him sooner.

There is no doubt that Rodriguez is a precious exciting talent and even allowing for goals against Greece,Ivory Coast,Japan and Uruguay in a three week tournament together with the fact that he scored 9 goals in 34 Ligue 1 games, is he really worth £64 million ?

The world of football has gone mad and as La Liga is 90% of a two horse race,bar last season, however many goals he scores there is no comparison if he was playing in the PL.

RM will have to sell someone at least to part offset the transfer as per last year with Bale and Ozil, but it does help if you have a direct pipeline to those who run the country. FFP anyone :)

Hey, Gorgeous
    Is the temple in peak condition for the ladeeeez of Portugual, and should we send an advanced party to warn them?

112. chás says:

Nah, it’s in ruins.

sorry Terry, Georgios Spanoudakis is German, I should have known

Kelsey – are you saying that RM will be selling another big player this season? just to balance the books?

One half here – as in here and not in Gretna Green ;)

Thank you for the post kelsey. M Wenger is always right and even when he’s wrong eventually he’s right :)

I’m (still) amazed we signed Sanchez so to think that he may bring in another striker is just greedy. I am worried that someone might be sacrificed though and I’d hate it to be Cazorla :(

Biggest question is …….. Is this going to be Diaby’s season???

micky – chas is not talking to me because he told me he was gay and I believed him. Who wouldn’t – he goes to yoga, has 2 cats and a stylish garden -all signs of a woofter, wouldn’t you say?

116. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning guys. Sorry to sound Doomy but i look for pitfalls and i can see a few. But on a brighter side, i am happy with our signings and i want a new Keeper.

I would like to see Campbell in an Arsenal shirt even if its only for a season, but i don’t think i am ever likely to see it. Ryo Miaki i believe is still on the books, and although i haven’t seen much of him, he congers up a tricky little handful

Pea – what do you mean by sacrificing Cazorla???? You are bang out of order there! Santi is going nowhere, top man

peaches what happened with newsnow

Santi standing on top of Sanchez are still smaller than Mertesacker. :)

119. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all, here’s a bit of dooming to cheer Micky up, Athletico Madrid are after both Santi Cazorla and Nacho Monreal, soory to spoil your morning Peaches!

We still can’t get Bendtner off the books, Eintracht Frankfurt have ended talks over the players high wage demands. Perhaps that explains why Wenger has said we don’t need any more strikers.

Morning evonne.

Just checked and he is a Greek boy raised in Germany.

I like the look of him, He obviously loves his mum and knows how to clean the chicken pen.

Eddie
    I have four cats and a stylish garden, so I suppose it has to be “bend over Gorgeous”

Steve
    You’ll make a rubbish doomer if you think Ryo is any good :-)

NG

I think Bedtner is now off our books and has fecked himself.

124. stevepalmer1 says:

We’ll see Micky :)

125. kelsey – I don’t know what happened with newsnow, I sent them an email to ask why our post didn’t come up.

They must have thought oh dear it’s doomer kelsey again we better bin it :)

Will Campbell be sold,loaned or be part of the squad ?As I said yesterday he is on a 5 year contract,3 of which he has been on loan and he may have increased his value a bit via the WC.

Personally I can’t see us having him,Sanogo and Gnabry all in the squad so my hunch is a further loan period or sold.

128. Just rummaging in the cupboard, back in a bit ……………..

Transplant – why the chicken pen???

DidIt – always had my doubts about you :)

130. stevepalmer1 says:

I think you have answered your own question there Kels, he may of put a few quid on his head and we don’t really have the room for him, unless Pldi Gets the bullet or Theo :) Personally i would love him here as i think with our suppliers he could be very good

131. We have a New Post ……………

132. dashboard says:

I’m really enjoying the design and layout of your blog. It’s a very easy on the
    eyes which makes it much more pleasant for me to come here and visit more
    often. Did you hire out a designer to create your
    theme? Exceptional work!