Arsenal enlist the help of fitness Guru‏

Reading the paper this morning, and finding an article on the reasons of the Arsenals injury problems, I read that we have enlisted the help  of a fitness Guru, in an American called Chad Forsythe. Apparently Chad helped the world cup winners Germany, and caught the Arsenal Manager Arsene Wenger’s attention.

chad

Now Chad Forsythe’s methods are of Mindset of the player’s also Nutrition and movement and recovery, he also sorts out different training regimes for individual players. Well after reading about how this guy works , I could understand how our Manager would be impressed with that, as isn’t that what he did in the early days.

Now what Chad intends is anyone’s guess, but should he get the likes of Diaby out of the sick bay, and try and cut down the numbers of players racing to put their feet up, he could just be a very good addition. Personally I feel that Arsenals progress has been stifled for quite a few years through injury, which seems to me to be getting worse;

Apparently after Wednesdays game with Dortmund we have lost Arteta (shin) and Ya Ya Sanogo (hamstring) so we are losing players after every game. What Forsythe has determined so far, is that our multi million pound training complex, could be one of the problems, the perfectly flat training ground is not preparing our players well enough, to play not so perfect surfaces at other grounds.

Well Chad Forsythe may me a specialist in his field, but in my own football experience of 30 years playing football on some of the worst grounds in the country, this all sounds a bit far fetched to me. Now I can go along with, you are is what you eat, but surly the body was designed to walk and run over any surface, of course should it be bumpy you would show caution, but lets face it how many professional grounds are that bumpy.

Now of course I am no Chad Forsythe, and no one will listen to me, but if this is what Chad brings us then if he is right our injuries should start to improve, and lets face it even with Chad’s idea’s which i find strange, I feel we are clutching at straws. Body armour would be my idea, but what do I know, have a good day.

Written by Steve Palmer.

177 Responses to Arsenal enlist the help of fitness Guru‏

A very good Post and conversation starter, Steve. 🙂

I thought I would look up what Arsenal say about our new guy;

–“Shad joined Arsenal in July 2014 as the new head of athletic performance enhancement.

He spent 10 years working with the Germany national team and was part of the coaching set-up during their 2014 World Cup success.

Before that, he worked at the US Olympic Training Centre in San Diego. Shad has also worked for EXOS, an American organisation who are influential in what the founder, Mark Verstegen, defines as “performance culture”.

A certified strength and conditioning specialist, Shad will work alongside Tony Colbert in overseeing the first-team players’ fitness and rehabilitation programmes.”

So then I had another look at Tony Colbert;

Qualifications; BSc/MSc Sport and Exercise Science, FA Fitness Trainer Award, Certified SAQ Trainer, Certified ACSM Health/Fitness Instructor, NCFC Teaching Certificate, Future Fit: Advanced Personal Trainer

Joined Arsenal: July 1998

–“Tony’s role in overseeing the players’ fitness and conditioning is a crucial one, and has been throughout his 16 years with the club.

An expert in football-specific fitness, he draws up detailed, tailored plans for every player before and during each season, as well as undertaking long hours of rehab work with injured first-team squad members. Many players have been quick to praise his attention to detail and guiding influence upon their recoveries from long-term injury.

His work has helped make Arsenal one of the fittest sides in Europe, something borne out each season by the number of late goals the team scores. Prior to joining the Gunners early in Arsène Wenger’s reign, Tony worked with a wide range of different sportspeople and gained vast experience in the field.

He will be instrumental once more this season as Arsenal seek to steal a march on their rivals through the quality of treatment all their players receive.”

Well they sound impressive dudes, with all the right qualifications and experience it seems.

So the injuries still continue, but Arsenal’s efforts to remedy the problem are not for want of trying or investment in expertise.

I don’t really buy all that stuff about the training ground not being a suitable place to build up muscles and ligaments etc, to play on the immaculate Premier League pitches, and watching Sanogo injure himself against Dortmund, it was clear that he lifted his leg head high, when trying to defend near our penalty area, and immediately grimaced and held his hammy hamster. 🙂

2. stevepalmer1 says:

As i said in one of my comments on yesterdays post, some people spend time on research, and RA has cemented that comment well, Many thanks RA, again i have learnt a lot more about the Arsenal that i never knew before.

Shard if your about son, come and rip me apart mate, your opinion does matter mate.

3. john burton says:

Sent from my iPad

4. Shard says:

Thanks steve.

I can’t find Shad Forsythe saying anything about our training grounds. Where did you get this information from? I would appreciate if you could post a link or something. I think GIE also mentioned a similar theory some time ago. Is he working for Arsenal yet?

Worth a read

5. stevepalmer1 says:

Welcome back Shard, I read it in The sun this morning, RA has more info, perhaps he could post a link.

6. It’s all fairly new theory about fitness and recovery, still fairly unproven. Immersion into ice cold water? Do they really know that this has a beneficial affect on the body, it probably shrinks the old prunes and the Chorizo, which can’t be good for manly, fit athletes.
    🙂 🙂

Shard,

I am not getting into any more attempts at reconciliation, after this, but spoken language can be full of misunderstandings, and I usually quote my favourite analogy at this point — so I will: 🙂

–“I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but I’m not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant

(which beautifully sums up my point.)

The written language is even more difficult to understand or communicate its nuances, sometimes. [I rarely understand more than half of what I read on AA – especially Rocky Rocker’s stuff!] 😀

For example, you mentioned a reference to copy/paste in your most recent comment, but I suspect that when the Rasper mentioned you giving other bloggers comments ‘a pasting’ he may have meant in the sense of a verbal/written ‘beating’.

If it were me, I might give a little apology to someone I had upset, for any unintended misunderstanding, and then we can all get on with blogging. 🙂

Rasp is very special to Arsenal Arsenal, and you are an interesting blogger – so let’s just go with the flow!

Well bugger me – I just finished my post to you Shard and you are back – and worse asking if Shad has started with us yet – ignoring my opening comment.

Yes, July 2014, Bloody cheek! 🙂

NB,

Having a bath may be new to you and your cojones, but the rest of us have one a day. No shrinkage. 🙂

10. Redders

I don’t need a bath to shrink my cojones, Eddie does the same job:-)

11. Shard says:

RA

I read back, and I think you are correct about the use of the word ‘pasting’. I might have been a teensy bit wasted last night.

You also just proved your own point about the written language since the subject of my question wasn’t Shad, but GIE. 🙂

12. stevepalmer1 says:

Thanks for that link Shard, I can remember back many years when i was playing, and we had a friendly with a BBC team at Tooting Broadway, The game was a very tough game and the weather was terrible, the pitch was like a bod soft and sticky, a few fights broke out and the game was more like a battle than a friendly, We came of feeling like we had been in a war, but the BBC facilities were better than i had ever seen ,

Remember when i first started league football we used to change on the touchline’s and changing facilities which were only at certain places was just a shed and if we were lucky we had one sink for both teams.

The BBC facilities had showers and a plunge pool which was like a small swimming pool. We showered off the mud first and then had a plunge, We acted like kids on their first day at a swimming pool and must have been in there for half an hour.

We got out and changed and a meal had been laid on, i have to say that after the game and the showers and plunge i felt like i had taken drug, i felt rejuvenated and if i had too i could have done another ninety.

What this Chad says about recovery is very true, not something a lot of people believe in i know but for those who have had sauna’s and showers you know how you feel after, and there is certainly something in it to aid recovery.

How that equates to broken limbs i don’t really know but if i know anything about sport i would say that Diaby should live in a plunge pool and we might just see him now and again.

Shard/Steve,

Wenger was reported as saying on the 17th October (though the date may be questionable;

–“Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has refused to accept any blame for the club’s current injury crisis – with the Frenchman pointing the finger at the World Cup as a likely reason to explain the plethora of casualties on the sidelines.

The Gunners boss has been left scratching his head as to the cause of the recent injury pile-up – with some saying the club’s training ground could be the reason for it due to the hard surfaces. [so not Wenger necessarily.]

Arsenal’s most recent victim Mesut Ozil was initially ruled out until the new year but is now thought to be back at the end of November.

But the nature of his injury has caused concern for Wenger, who is at a loss as to how it could have happened.

“There are a lot of post-World Cup injuries and not many soft tissue injuries. I gave them (the World Cup players) until August 11, Germany played the final on 13 July, that was a month and should be enough after a big competition,” he said.

“For example, Giroud – I don’t know what we can do about Giroud’s injury. Debuchy was on his own when he did the ankle.

“Then you have Ozil. You know how Ozil did the injury? Passing the ball with the oustide of his left foot. He must have done that a million times. Ozil was on his own. He told me he just wanted to give the ball like that and heard a little crack.”

He added: “I think we have made progress. What’s different is we have a bit more prevention than before for the players to prepare for the competition. For us this season, we had big injuries and coincidental injuries.”

NB, whenever I am confronted with an ice bath I stand in front of it in my birthday suit waving my nether region at it defiantly shouting come and give it your best shot, there is plenty to spare. I then charge at it in a Braveheartesque / jacobite type of charge and leap in with a cry of “freeeeedommmm…”.

Normally as I hit the ice bath the freedom is curtailed and replaced by a sh——–t, at which point I promptly leap out to be confronted with any nearby females staring at my midpoint and sniggering uncontrollably. At this point I tend to skulk off head down wiping the blue paint off my face with any thought of being the next Mel Gibson permanently binned.

Sanogo, Arteta, Ozil,Theo (the latest injury), Welbeck, all soft tissue injuries and preventable.

I think it was GIE who said it would take at least a season to see the effect Chad has upon the team.

So, this is getting serious, Shard, now you don’t even understand what you write either!! 🙂 @ 10:51

–“I can’t find Shad Forsythe saying anything about our training grounds. Where did you get this information from?”

Hence my response to Steve’s request at 10:54.

But it does rather prove a point – I think. 😉

17. I think what Shard was suggesting was that when did GIE start working for Arsenal

Who is Chad, Randy? That is a country, I think. 🙂

He was a promising young ‘Keeper, for the Gunners, NB.

I find the colder the water the better. That way I have an excuse ….

RA. Chad Forsythe. Read the effing post 😀

22. poigmothoin says:

micky 11.17 serious back pain looming. 🙂

Ooops. Just checked the spelling and I was sold a pup by the post writer. It is Shad Forsythe 🙂

Sorry RA.

Oh, SHAD the new Arsenal coach — got yer! 🙂

May help to change the Post headline spelling? 🙂

Fine post Steve and a very relevant subject to us. When did you finish playing at a decent level Steve? My thoughts are that the physical demands on a top player has increased a lot in the last 15 years, maybe even just in the last 10. The sports science has likely had to adapt and improve to cover even the finest margins. The question is have we adapted and moved with the modern sports science trends?

For me I would look at 2 types of injuries. There are those that have no link to any intrinsic factors IMO like the Wilshere and Debuchy ones. These are more to do with the hatchet men of the EPL that are allowed to flourish and no amount of conditioning to Jack for instance could have stopped that Utd player breaking his ankle. It is the breakdown injuries that need to be looked at more like Sanogo and Ozil. If the trend there is that we get far more of these than other teams then it could point to something being wrong.

27. It could be Bruce Forsythe and our injuries would still get worse

Some time lag postings going on here – I’m sorry that you are sorry, Raddish – I was just kidding. 😀

29. stevepalmer1 says:

My fault, i thought i read Chad, who’s called Shad for Christs sake.

GoonerB,

That was a very disturbing mental image of you in the all together!! Noooooooo!

Anyway, listening to the news last night, as an outsider I must say Scotland seems to have gotten its freedom, and all paid for by the English. 🙂

Raddy 11.26 🙂

I never thought of it that way but a good idea. Excusing yourself to the ladies because of the cold is a brilliant idea. You could follow it up with a “come and spend a week with me in St. Lucia and the real Raddy will be revealed” 🙂

32. Steve, the french would pronounce Chad…….. Shad

Steve,

Well Shad is one letter short of Shard – and I agree with you – who is called that. 🙂

On the other hand it might be better than ‘poigmothoin’ which makes me sound like I have just been to the dentist when I try and say it. 🙂

Steve. We appreciate your efforts to correct Chad’s parents appalling spelling..

No they wouldn’t NB – they would pronounce Shad as Shad – don’t bring a country called Chad into it.

“Bonjour Le Chad – deed you know you sound a leedle bit like Monsieur Shad?” 🙂

Well, I have learnt something this morning, thanks for that Steve.

Hmmmm, doesn’t this put a bit of a spanner in the works of those who like to constantly moan about Wenger’s training methods being out of date?

I could really do with a coffee. Anyone got a brew on? 🙂

I heard a rumour that Roy Keane has left Villa – anyone heard anything?

RA, my thoughts on Wenger blaming things on the world cup are that it is ok as long as other rivals, who also had many players at the world cup, are suffering to the same, or near enough same, degree with injuries. If not I categorise his saying that as being one of those ill advised P.R statements that will only likely act like a red rag to a bull to many fans who are fed up with the many years of topping injury leagues and this affecting our ability to compete.

Those fans probably, and I find it hard to disagree, will think we have been somewhat negligent in addressing this issue. You are right that the club is trying to address it now, but I have a feeling this should have started some time ago. Still spilt milk and all that, and I am definitely in the better late than never camp. We can’t change what we didn’t do 5 years ago.

It could be that someone at the club has been reluctant to change training methods and regimes over the last few years….. It comes down to that adapting and moving with the science and the changes in physical demands as the sport progresses. Still what does a mere ex camel wormer know eh R.A?

I agree with GIE that if Chad is to affect us positively we will not likely see the results till the end of this season or even the next full season so we will have to be a bit patient.

40. poigmothoin says:

RA, perhaps meeting me, you might prefer the dentist. 🙂

41. mickydidi89 says:

RA

Chateau, Charlemagne, Champagne, Charlotte, Chitty

42. mickydidi89 says:

micky has it right

43. NB says:

I would never pretend to be another blogger simply in order to post more than my own allocation of smut. Ever 🙂

Well, the theory is that at the end of a game all the players muscles are swollen to some degree from the physical exertion they have just put them through — so, instead of putting an ice pack on just one area, they put all the lower half of the body in ice.

I do this after cycling up mountains in the Alps or the Pyrenees, my legs feel like they are on fire by the end, so the first thing I do is sit in an ice cold bath.

Thank you Micky, as you so tactfully explained Chateau – and the others all pronounced with a harsh “K:” sound. Splendid. 🙂

46. “The ice cold bath thing is easily explained. When a player pulls a muscle an ice pack is applied to reduce the swelling.”

Probably works on some muscles LB, but some swellings don’t need to be reduced 🙂

47. stevepalmer1 says:

My playing days are well behind me, Nuitrition and recovery were a pie in the pub after the game , a good skinfull of beer and then a game on the Sunday, some even stopped in the pub before a game we felt this relaxed us and i am sure it worked.

We played on pitches that cows had been grazing on and had to shoo them away before a game, cow pats all over the pitch and we had to erect the nets before we played.

In 30 years i had 2 hamstrings and one cartlidge problem, a few turned ankles but luckily i never broke any bones only those of other teams but not intentionally.

Football was a physical sport in those days, goalkeepers were knocked in the back of the goal and no body understood the offside rule not even the makeshift refs, a linesman from either team and a ball no one wanted to head.

Players wanted to play every game and i don’t remember too many getting badly injured. The weather seemed bad in those days and pitches was a joke, we all took turns to wash the kit and Dubbin the ball, we played in red but by the end of the season we played in pink.

It cost us to play and we loved it, I played football everyday at work we had a pitch which a game was staged every workday played Saturday Morning and Sunday league as well, no cold showers and only ever one plunge pool and very seldom did i miss a game.

The game has changed good money and great facilities , some changed rules with trained officials, new kits every week and a good pension plan, many pro’s are now millionaires with flash cars and fancy houses, we walked and lived in council houses , but we loved our football and many like myself never wanted to give it up, in the end it gave us up, but many of the ones still alive are still Arsenal supporters oh how i had wished i was better.

poigmothoin,

If that is a real name and not a construct – can you give us a phonetic spelling of how it is said. 🙂

49. One of lifes mysteries:

Why is it that when men put on weight, it increases everywhere but not the penis? If it did, would we all now be fat bastards with big dicks?
    But I suppose the opposite could be true if we lost weight 🙂

50. Right, I’m out of here before Peaches comes back…. I think I may have over stepped the mark. Laters 🙂

51. poigmothoin says:

RA with all your legendary knowledge, you surprise me, however.
    pogue mo hone. 🙂

52. stevepalmer1 says:

I blame my Mum, if only i had Arnies education i could have been a Wenger 🙂

53. poigmothoin says:

Steve 12.08 you echo my comments elsewhere about 20 mins ago. 🙂

54. Poig

I’ve had that said to me on quite a few occasions…
    right, I am now definitely going 🙂

55. poigmothoin says:

No clues please NB. 🙂

Pogue,

My limited knowledge is far from legendary, unfortunately! 🙂

I do not want anyone thinking there is a connection to NB’s recent departure, but I am off too, for a while. 🙂

Steve,

I have to ask you before I depart, you said; if only i had Arnies education i could have been a Wenger” left weng or right weng? 🙂

59. arnie says:

hmmm. lovely one, Steve. such a lot to learn. 🙂

The little that I know about sports fitness is of a more pedestrian type, about footie I know b** all.

However, like other things in life where you try to make a change, surely you try to do it only on the margin? Hence, you would not try to rectify the Diaby’s or the Wilshere’s of this world, but the Ozil’s and the Sanogo’s. It is easier to make changes at the margin and more effective.

However, as GiE says, the demonstrable effects will come in only in the long run. It takes to long time to realize that it is not all random (luck) and that we have a problem, then to decide what we want to do about it, and then to wait to find out whether we have improved.

The (million pound) question is: Do we have the patience?

However, I agree with LB. At least we are making an effort. COYG. 🙂

60. arnie says:

RIP P D James

61. arnie says:

Redders. Surely the one in the middle. I mean the wing! 😛

62. arnie says:

Redders. The Scots have political agency, for good or for bad. 🙂

63. poigmothoin says:

Surely time for a rant or is everybody happy?

Team news: Koscielny, Szczesny, Arteta

Arsène Wenger has revealed the latest team news ahead of Saturday’s game against West Bromwich Albion:

on the team news…
    I will have to check this morning how available everybody is. Szczesny (pelvis) has not practiced yet at all. Arteta is out for sure of course and I think Sanogo (cramp) has problems as well because I had to take him off. We have a few other players that we have to check.

on Laurent Koscielny…
    He is well. If I want him to start, he will start.

on Danny Welbeck…
    Welbeck will have a test this morning. He has not practiced yet. I can’t tell you at the moment [if he’s okay].

on Arteta’s injury…
    Arteta has now had a calf problem for the third time. It’s always a small grade one but it’s minimum two to three weeks.

on Theo Walcott…
    Theo is not okay for the weekend, he has an inflamed groin coming back from England and has not been available since. He will not be available for this game, nor Wednesday.

News from Arsenal.com

pogmothoin – good idea, after all it is Friday! I am going to start with your blog name – what on earth is pogmothoin???

Is anyone else slightly suspicious about Ozil’s injury, the nature of it, and the length of time it is taking to recover? Mesut seems to have had a recent double whammy of personal issues from reports of affairs with team-mates girlfriends and the fall out from this with his girlfriend, and the reported court case with his father.

Add to that some of the criticism’s of his performances and that he is in a foreign country and one could say that Mesut’s head is likely all over the place. Could the injury be a smoke-screen to let him sort himself out personally and psychologically. Wenger is probably one of the few managers who would back and cover for a player in this situation rather than throw them to the wolves.

67. poigmothoin says:

Eddie, It is Irish. 🙂 but rant away.

sweet Jesus, that’s a real name? My family are Irish but they are called Robert, Richard, Thomas, Alan and Gerrard 🙂

not sure what to rant about…..oh yeah Jack. I have no time to read all the comments, so apologies if anybody else said this already, but for me Jack is the type of player that will always get injured. He is like a raging bull, showing commitment, desire and character; very entertaining but bloody dangerous too. He should really protect himself more; all his great attitudes are no good to us when he is unavailable. He cannot even walk his bloody pugs now

it means ‘kiss me arse’ !!!! you cheeky so and so

pocalujmniewdupe 🙂

GB. 4.34 That is a conspiracy theory worthy of kelsey!

72. poigmothoin says:

Eddie, guilty as charged..but there is a story for my defense. 🙂

GoonerB,

I think it is very heathy to have a suspicious mind, and my suspicion is that you are up to mischief with poor old Mesut.

Just because Özil stayed out suspiciously late for a few nights, it may have been reasonable for his woman to become upset.
    Look what happened to Adam.

“You’re running around with other women,” Eve raged at him.

“Stop it. You’re being unreasonable,” Adam responded. “You’re the only woman on earth for me.” [This was in the days before the Space Station – obviously.]

Their quarrel continued for ages, until, exhausted, Adam fell asleep, only to be awakened later by something poking him in the chest.
    It was Eve.

“What do you think you’re doing?” Adam demanded.

“I’m counting your feckin’ ribs!”

She then broke into song:

Ev’rytime you kiss me
    I’m still not certain that you love me
    Ev’ry time you hold me
    I’m still not certain that you care
    Though you keep on saying
    you really, really, really love me
    do you speak the same words
    To someone else when I’m not there

Suspicion torments my heart
    Suspicion keeps us apart
    Suspicion why torture me

Poor old Mesut – GoonerB, how could you think he was unfaithful and feigning injury — you suspicious sod!!

Raddish,

Time is running out – Xmas is coming soon. If you are stuck for ideas for a song, I will give you the last two verses of that Elvis song.

Ev’rytime you call me
    and tell me we should meet tomorrow
    I can’t help but think that
    you’re meeting someone else tonight
    Why should our romance just
    keep on causing me such sorrow?
    Why am I so doubtful
    whenever you’re out of sight?

Darling, if you love me,
    I beg you wait a little longer
    Wait until I drive all
    these foolish fears out of my mind
    How I hope and pray that
    our love will keep on growing stronger
    Maybe I’m suspicious
    ’cause true love is so hard to find

Get cracking my lord. 🙂

Actually, I think you are spelling it wrong, you eedjit.

It’s ‘Póg mo thóin’.

You were rumbled a while ago, just wondered where you were going with it! 🙂

76. poigmothoin says:

RA, typically with irish there is often more than one spelling, however you are right about the eejit bit, I can’t do fodas on my computer.
    There was nothing sinister intended, in fact, you brought the subject up. 🙂

Pogue,

In case you were puzzled, Pogue, at 4:59 Evonne was inviting you “pocaluj mniew dupe” — to kiss her ass. 🙂

NorthBank would squirm with jealousy, if he were here. 🙂

Pogue

That is true. I had an inkling and followed it up, and you did give an honest, altho incomplete answer. 🙂

So, you have had plenty of time to come up with your ‘story in defense’ @ 5:08 – interested to hear it.

Pogue,

I think you said you have a Mac.

If so, go down to the ‘fn’ key, and hold it down, then press a letter, at the same time, say ‘o’ and you will get a choice.

Try it, while you are working out your story! 🙂

80. poigmothoin says:

Briefly, someone posted a comment on here using the same name.
    I know I’ll get an avatar to distinguish between the real me and the imposter. With my computer skills it degenerated into vile abuse, with their suggestions..Hence. 🙂

81. poigmothoin says:

Thanks RA but too late, and it doesn’t work. 🙂

RA 🙂 you made me chuckle 🙂 please do not tell NB

pog – where is Eire are you from?

83. poigmothoin says:

RA, Eddie’s was Polish.

84. poigmothoin says:

Eddie, I live outside of Limerick and as a by the way, driving into and through Limerick the more observant will spot 3 different Irish spellings for Shannon.

Pogue,

That might be because she is Polish? Just a thought. 🙂

86. poigmothoin says:

Eddie, NB is bound to find out.. are you Polish, yak shamash?

Limerick. We had a great blogger called Irish Gunner; she is from Limerick but works in dirty Dublin. She still catches planes and goes to games from time to time, great lass

spoko 🙂 me is polish, but have been here for almost 35 years; I am not a builder or a plumber, and didn’t jump a queue for housing. I go to Westport sometimes, nice

TV out for the whole season without playing a single game.

Imagine spending €17m without checking you were getting what you expected. Chumps.

Pogue

I must go — it may be a slightly confusing name but ‘Eddie’ as you might have gathered is a woman. 🙂

She also answers to WhiteBear, Pocaluj Mniew Dupe and Madonna, and she is crazy for the Chas Monster. 😀

91. poigmothoin says:

RA, I knew, she also keeps knuckle dusters I believe. 🙂
    Also It is dark, time for me to go out.

Nios moille

92. stevepalmer1 says:

Evening all,
    Arsenal injuries seem to come to the Arsenal players without to much contact Ozil injured while his tripping the light fantastic with or without his girlfriend.
    While Theo picks up a groin strain reaching for his boots, We definitely need Shad to get inside of these players heads.

Diaby did play a little before he went down with another long tern injury, all of ten minutes, and Kosi is now fit but were scared of putting his name up in case he has a recurrence.

Of course we mustn’t forget Ospina, Who !!! some might say, you know the guy we brought to cover for our idiot goalkeeper who injured himself and almost broke Gibbo’s back. not to mention the super right back we brought to replace the guy who can’t get a start from city.

The guy who we loaned last season that came injured and left fully fit, after help from our great medical team. Do you remember Gnabry a young man who showed promise that got a mystery injury and has escaped from the planet.

Never forget young Campbell who is fit, but we are frightened to play in case he gets injured, we took him away from playing, so he could have a seasons rest., Shad is doing a good job on him as he isn’t injured yet.

Friday Rant over, Will Arsenal ever get to play a league game this season with their best team, Leave it out more chance of aliens landing at Heathrow and asking, take me to your leader.

93. stevepalmer1 says:

Sorry i must have interrupted some one, please carry on, strictly has started anyway

what is strictly?

95. arnie says:

aha, I see, Steve. Half of teh team injured, and the remaining half not played in the fear they may get injured. Shad might say: why the feck did I take this job? 😛

nice rant. 🙂

96. arnie says:

Raddy. my guess is Strictly Come Dancing. but what would I know? I dont watch TV except for Arsenal games. 😛

97. arnie says:

98. stevepalmer1 says:

Is it safe to come on again, don’t want to ruffle any feathers, as this is a pretty dodgy blog from what i have heard. 🙂

99. arnie says:

100. arnie says:

101. stevepalmer1 says:

If we had ten more like him they could put the ticket prices up and people would climb over one another to get them. Sanchez has had more contact in that 5 seconds than Theo has had in a career

102. arnie says:

oh dear, Steve, whose feathers have you ruffled? 😛 this time? 😛 dont worry, all of us are on the same boat. and it may yet sink! 😛

just read your post steve, thank you for that.
    you are a footballer? I didn’t know that. Tell us more

I am fed up ranting about injuries, so just briefly – since that Chad has arrived things have gone from bad to worse. Each time I watch a game and a player touches his leg, or arm or any other part, I immediately start panicking – oh no, he is injured!!

I wonder if there are any character checks done on applicants. Is it possible that the opposition send that Forsythe guy to destroy our squad? Of course it is possible. You know that steve, don’t you? you even believe that Princess Di was assassinated 🙂

104. Bayonne Jean says:

On the Arsenal website, voted for Alexis as Player of the Month for November. In the drop downs, you’re asked for a reason.

Our response: “In this instance, do you really need to ask why?”

12:45 KO!!!!!
    ‘king shitballs.
    That’s that then. One week. Two games. 0 minutes watched.
    Loyal supporter 🙂

LB

Ice bath. Brrrrrr

Surfing today, then boiling bath to get body temp back up to normal 🙂

107. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,,
    Sorry i missed you last night Eddie, In answer to your question, I was not really a footballer, I played grass roots football which was a million years away from Professional football.

The difference between the two is that when i played we had to pay to play our sport, not fortunes i know but we turned out in all weathers rain or shine to play a sport we all loved, for no financial gain what so ever.

We paid for our own kit, for rented pitches, referee fee’s which had to be paid for on the day, league fee’s and should you get injured of course you lost wages from work.

Of course we had one or two supporters, but usually people who wasn’t good enough to play, but tagged along in case we were short.

We played in leagues which did attract professional scouts, but if i speak the truth, i never remember any player who ever made the big time.

Being a Gooner from a very young age, only made me want to improve right to the day i packed up, I was in my forties by then, and just couldn’t keep up the pace.

Nothing special about us, But we enjoyed the game itself, from a very young age i always had a tennis ball in my school jacket and used to practice ball control up the wall in lunch breaks, sadly i couldn’t have practised enough as grass roots was as far as i got so no not a proper footballer but enjoyed the 30 years of trying.

As for Princess Di, they killed her al-right, they didn’t even cover it up all that well, but of course if you are the future King and your X is putting it about it, only takes a nod and its sorted.

The trouble was, is people just wouldn’t let go of it, and egg on the face of many will never be cleaned off . The public know, but the powers at be, can get away with anything, and they couldn’t care less,

As you know Eddie, in a country of free speech, we have to be careful of what we say, you never know who is listening 🙂

Don’t start NB. For once, just try and behave 🙂

Sorry Steve, thanks for post yesterday.

My view on Chad? Fire him right this minute. I know some say things will take time, but they shouldn’t get 100 times worse first.

Oh no, forgot, it’s all the refs fault and bad luck. Yip, that’s it 🙂

110. Yes Sir Micky

I have to because I’m under threat of castration and losing my privileges 🙂

Not bad, not bad at all

112. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Micky, Yeah your right, it does seem that things have to get worse before they get better, i don’t understand that logic but then i don’t have the degree’s that Wenger has.

Steve
    A degree is little more than a piece of bog paper, and does not mean you’re bright, and things should not get worse before better 🙂

As for Di, well she was putting it about a bit freely, the saucy little minx 🙂

114. Come on Arnie, wakey wakey

Now you’re just taking the piss NB 🙂

116. chas mobile says:

Cheers, Steve.
    Very informative.
    Is that where we get ‘hanging chads’ from? Or was that hanging chuds?

As usual I’ll have gone by the time the post goes up, so sorry to get a bit footbally so early, but on injuries, are Sanchez and The Ox fit?

If so, I’m happy.

118. stevepalmer1 says:

I must admit Micky that photo of the sun shining through her dress when she was a teacher, certainly got my juices flowing, To think that a guy could shag that Camilla when he had her at home, proves to me that he should never be king

Oooo, Chas on Mobile

Down the salon or a sleep over 🙂 🙂

Morning all,

I see we are getting stuffed in the cricket again 😦

121. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Chas, thank RA mate his piece sent mine into a cocked hat.

122. chas mobile says:

Micky
    Sham were excellent last night. Jimmy Pursey seemed like Iggy reincarnate.

Yeah, kinda agree on that Steve. I mean looking at Camilla, it is really hard to see beyond the word lezzo, and therefore a marriage of convenience.

I mean Di may have been thick, but so what.

124. chas mobile says:

Sleepover in Royal Leamington Spa. What a grand old place.

Ah yes, Sham 69. Yes there is something Iggyesque. Still, sleep over? 🙂

Steve. I am guessing you are a man of experience.

Have you never started a relationship with a women based only upon her physical attributes only to discover she was mad as a balloon?

I know I have and stayed with her for over 20 years!!

127. Talking of se through dresses, watch this advert and at the 1m13 mark, guess how they came up with the shape of the bottle

Charli Theron, J’adore 🙂

And finally, a hello to Raddy.
    Hello Raddy
    What time post up?

129. With a 12:45 KO not much time to get the Rack of the Day up…. Chas ??

Micky. In about an hour when I finish it. Sorry.

131. Morning Raddy

One hour and counting, for every minute over, I’ll post a pair 🙂

This is why football at lunchtime was never going to happen. Today’s surf has been predicted for a week and bingo. Clean 8-10ft faces out there. Possibly the best for a year and the sun will shine. Unreal

133. thanks steve, interesting read! you play football, you know the game from experience which is more than me. I am envious

134. MadAsBaloon says:

what are you saying DidIt – that Di was removed? Bollix, no way

and as for you Raddy – are you saying that you is not mad??

135. stevepalmer1 says:

Watched your vid, NB, you know your getting old when your more interested in the Combi boilers than you are in the crumpet 🙂

Morning BR experienced yes but thick as shit mate. I’ve done the same mate, ha ha

136. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning Mad as a Balloon,Playing and watching is not that far apart, when you have played you believe you could do better not played you know they are doing their best.

A big positive from the lost game against United:

“Manchester United manager Louis van Gaal says Robin van Persie’s confidence is low after a “very bad game” against his former club Arsenal.

The £24m Dutch forward has scored just three times in 11 games this season.

Van Persie, 31, was substituted during United’s 2-1 victory at the Emirates and could lose his place to fit again Radamel Falcao.

“You can count his touches on the ball and 13 is few for a striker,” said Van Gaal, before Saturday’s game with Hull. “

steve – so if a surgeon who was to operate on your broken leg admitted that he only watched operations on YouTube, you would let him carry on 🙂 I think not! Don’t undermine yourself, try a little bit more of NB’s approach

139. stevepalmer1 says:

Van Pers is not a happy bunny, looks like we sold him a year to early but we got good money and managed to nick Wellby who has a few years left in him, Whether he gains what Perse had is yet to be proved.

140. stevepalmer1 says:

Eddie, people like you and me go to hospital every day, we let foreign Surgeons who you can’t understand cut into you in the hope he or she knows what they are doing, Pot luck mate.

141. Coq au vin! Coq au Vin!

Steve, I let a doctor who I can’t understand treat me all the time. 🙂

142. stevepalmer1 says:

Northbank, looking at your Avatar if i was treating you i too would make sure i did a good job. 🙂

Brendon Rogers the manager of the year few months ago is now a favourite to be next to lose his job. Football for you

We are going to be in top 4 today

13,000 slaves in uk!! Where do you buy one?

145. Yes Steve, I can have that affect on people 🙂 but don’t let the specs fool you, I only wear them so women think I’m intellegent.

146. stevepalmer1 says:

Eddie, A Suarez in your team, is the difference between having a job and losing a job.
    In My opinion pressure to do the right thing, could cost him, if you have a golden Nugget bloody keep hold of it.

147. ha ha Eddie

I can be had for £3 an hour

148. Big Raddy

5 minutes to go and then I start posting a rack of the day every minute that you pass your schedule -)

149. Right, one minute past Raddys new post schedule. And this is my allocated one pair for the day 🙂

150. Come on Raddy, don’t make me get into trouble with the boss 🙂

151. Bugger, where’s Chas when you need him?

152. OK, 5-4-3-2-1…………..

Four for the price of two

153. I’m gonna get banned………. but I just have to go through with it 😦

154. stevepalmer1 says:

Raddy’s a perv, i hope he’s late

155. New post Raddy, New Post…. come on man, don’t leave me this way

156. I just can’t help myself….

157. stevepalmer1 says:

Your a slave to it NB

158. I’ll ask forgiveness now….

159. Raddy, I’m suffering here, I really am, get your post up now…

160. ha ha Raddy, I know what you’re doing, you’re waiting to see how far I can test the administrators . 🙂

161. I think I may have beaten the all time best of consecutive posts 🙂

NB. The post time on AA is 09.30 GMT 😀

But thanks for the racks …..

New Post