Arsenals’ attraction to genuine World Stars?

Written by Harry

Last week that fine gent and upstanding journo, Martin Samuel, claimed that Arsenal can no longer attract genuine world stars, is this right?

For a start lets be honest have we actually ever signed someone at the top of their game?

Bergkamp was a truly world class player, but when we signed him, he was in a massive dip, the top teams at the time AC Milan, Madrid just were not interested……..

Vieira was unheard of in the reserves at AC Milan, Henry similar to Bergkamp hadn’t quite made it in Italy leaving the Old Lady in Turin without making his mark (needs to give Rooney lessons there).

The best ever……..

Overmar’s was a massive risk with his knees, no one else wanted to take the risk. Reyes was still very raw, as was Van Persie and Nasri. Rosicky was grabbed before he made his name at the world cup in 2006……..Unfortunately injury has stalled his career……..

Fabregas was taken under the cover of night from the Barca Creche, sneaked out in a laundry trolley…..which has been wheeled in and out again twice this summer with Bellerin and Toral-Harper been snaffled away………

So who and what is a genuine world star?

Messi, Ronaldo (Both), Buffon, Del Piero, Rivaldo, Maldini, Carlos and Zizou all of these are or were world stars, could we have ever signed one of these? Maybe if they were in the youth sides of their teams, but not at their peaks.  Realistically there are not that many world stars that move to clubs of our standing (got be honest with ourselves), they move between the big powers in Europe, the Milans, Juve, Barca and Madrid.  Now we have the wannabees who have muscled in with their oil enriched wallets, money talks and ours generally just whispers at best….

In  the late 80’s and into the 90’s it was Serie A, that had the money and no one really could compete,  Ruud Gullit, Van Basten, Cafu, Baresi, all went where the money and weather was better…….

Even as the Premier league gained power, not many world stars at their peak came until the real money was thrown in the ring by Roman, but even then, still the world stars were seen going to the galacticos of Madrid, Barca but not the premiership household names…..

Even Man United and Liverpool haven’t signed that many world stars at their peak, have they? Veron at 26million, Berbatov at 30million, the price doesn’t make them world class stars………Rooney was snatched at 16 from Everton.  Liverpool snared Torres from Athletico Madrid, but at the time he wasn’t truly world class, he still had a bit to go………Ok they have spent more money than us on players, but when have we been in awe of their signings?

If United get Sneijder I would for once be jealous, he is a world class player…….Liverpool have spent 20million on Henderson…………say no more on that one…..

Samuel was in essence just trying to make headlines and as usual by the press, having a dig at Arsenal and Wenger, success breads contempt and people are swayed by the human trait of envy, which sees them seeking to bring people down.  We do it so successfully in this country, build people up and then enjoy knocking them down, the “sandcastle affect”, what was more fun building it or knocking it down?

So I personally don’t expect any real marquee signing any time soon, Juan Mata would a big signing, Benzema would a massive signing, are either genuine world stars, not sure, Karim is close to be but has struggled at the Bernabeu, similar to Bergkamp or Henry , but I don’t expect them anyway……

Karim, in? Unlikely……..

Anyhow back to the here and now as the lads board the plane today to Asia, minus Bendtner and Almunia who are in talks with unnamed clubs. There was a shock boarder after his end of season outburst, with Denilson sneaking on through the luggage conveyor.  Nasri is on board so Wenger has a week to talk with him away from the UK, hopefully his team mates will convince him to stay,  but Cesc was left behind whilst he is having his hamstrings fine tuned……..

Gervinho, missed the plane due to visa issues with his signing, but will eventually find his pen and sign, protracted and annoyingly too public, lets keep things under wraps better, until signed. Let the press fabricate the dross…that leads to, too much line dancing and knee jerking………

So who else will come in?

After Wenger finally spoke on Friday, don’t expect too many more, I expect maybe a centre back and then another if we are lucky. There is a lot of youth getting promoted this season I feel……Gibbs will be the No 1 LB, Lansbury, Bartley, Miquel and Frimpong  amongst others, expect to see a lot more of them in the Emirates Cup…..That’s where our answers will come from……..

Cahill, one of just a few coming in?

If at least Nasri stays, then Gervinho,  one of Cahill or Samba (or maybe another CB) and perhaps a midfielder will be it, we weren’t that far away, so I don’t think we need that much, nor does Wenger…….

If we do lose Nasri and Fabregas, then we would need one big signing, perhaps that might be a world star, unlikely though, that’s not and has never been our style.

Wenger has a big big big summer, I for one will wait and see what unfolds, allow for a settling period for the team and then at December, see just where we are at……

Quietly optimistic, realistically restrained, but a Gooner to the core forever……

85 Responses to Arsenals’ attraction to genuine World Stars?

1. Ive says:

best article I have read for weeks. As supporters we can make the difference . We complain the the players have no bottle , as supporters do we have any bottle , no way .We have oposition supporters out singing us in our own back yard. It is only when we put in 100% that we have the right to complain .

2. John says:

Great post, Harry, agree with everything you wrote. Is it me or are there more positive posts about Arsenal the last week-ish? Maybe the gutter press and doomer blogs have overdone it a bit on the negativity? We are the Arsenal. sod the rest.

3. harry says:

Thanks Ive and John, appreciate the feedback….Makes it worthwhile with the effort taken in throwing my opinions down, your never sure an article works until you get comments…

Both of you have cracking ending lines as well, your right Ive, 100% from every supporter is needed and Amen John, sod the rest……We are the Arsenal……….

4. Jack says:

Nice article Harry! You said it all, and spot on the money. Two things though; wenger has at least £60 mill (plus income from sales) and with at least the same again available next year. Take out the fee for gervinhio and Jenkinson, that still leaves over £45 million for two or three players. That’s surely enough for world class players (like Cahill IMO)…

Second point, an very pissed off that landsbury didn’t get to fly out east. How that useless scumbag denilson got on the plane ferguson knows! He might show more skill on the training pitch, but I’d pick Henri over him every time.

5. harry says:

John, lets just hope they have run dry, but alas I fear not, they will always find something……..

6. harry says:

Jack, I believe Lansbury is still on holiday after the u21’s thats why I said in the article the answers will be found at the emirates cup mate……..Wilshere would have been missing if he had gone as well…..Lansbury will be in the squad this season, I am sure……

7. Willy young says:

Not that far away you say? From what missing out on Europe completely?

The PR at Arsenal is truly appalling

I just want some players at the club to show passion happy with promoting from within but keeping Denilson please god no!! Even a free transfer releases his wages I would rather see Ramsey HEnri L or Pingpong anyway

8. rickthegooner says:

A very realistic post. Depressing but realistic !!!!!!! Wenger’s success’ have been spectacular !!!! Viera, Henry, Overmars, etc. Where he has struggled, in my opinion, is the squad players !!!!! There have been too many average players on £50k a week !!!!! We need to improve on the likes of Diaby ( too inconsistant and injury prone ) Denilson ( a nice kid but no real heart or passion ) When you invest in youth, you need to be quite ruthless when that gamble dosen’t pay off.
    If you look at the chances that those two players have been given, then look at the squad players that have been let go, like Seb Larsson, Diara,, it is very hard to fathom !!! I know it’s not easy to make every call correctly, but admitting you have got it wrong, is not the boss’ strong point is it ??

9. harry says:

Willy remember that success is balanced very delicately on the precipice of victory that sees the slightest mistake end in defeat, the CC is at the epicentre of that thought……..

With the squad we had, we were not far away, yes we fell from grace, it hurt, we landed with a whacking great thump, but at least we were there to fall……

If we keep together the squad of the right players add maybe 3 and a few youth promoted, notably bartley, lansbury and frimpong then we have a chance….

10. goonermichael says:

Great post Harry. I don’t really think berbatov was ever world class though. With who’s leaving and who’s coming I wouldn’t put money on us to win the league.

11. harry says:

Rik, bang on mate, he does need to look inside more at times….

Thanks GM………I wouldnt put my house on it, but maybe a tenner, the bookies wont give us great odds, they are not stupid……..

12. harry says:

Off to football, my sons first friendly of the pre season……

13. goonermichael says:

Martin Samuel is really ugly for the record 🙂

14. dandan says:

Congratulations Harry a proper gooner talking sense, I often wonder what the credit cards of these buy, buy, buy boys look like. Can you imagine how many of those that apply for the Arsenal card get rejected, if their financial acumen is on a par with the demands they put on the club to spend.

Like you Harry I will give it time before deciding where I think we are going, no doubt plenty of fans will be touting their time has run out opinions. Well we will see wont we.

15. goonermichael says:

Off to my first Barbeque of the season 🙂 See you later

16. Gunner38 says:

Trouble is that we and many others can’t compete with Citeh/Chelski billions. An un-level playing field always returns unrealistic results. Until there is a cap on spending we will always be looking in Primark’s window and not Harrods.

17. jack says:

great to read a positive and optimistic post.agree on most counts.i would personally want benzema rather than mata although he is great but having an out and out striker would be fantastic.we have too many wingers and attacking midfielders and we can manage the wide area.but we need a classy striker to support van persie although i dont know where he would fit in the formation.now coming to reality i dont think we will sign him.even if wenger splashes the cash i dont know how can we pay him the wages.and in england taxes are even higher.i can see either benzema or higuain leaving rmadrid as i think they will sign either tevez or aguero.but with arsenal wages is the problem.now coming to center backs.its a very complicated situation.if we sign cahill djourou and koscielny are pushed to bench.and if verm and cahill dont get injured even for 20 25 games these 2 guys on bench would be mad and would be desperate to leave.thatswhy squilacci is important.because he knows he is not great and would be satisfied on bench.and with bartley hanging around i dont know what wenger would think.we need an established center back.but there arnt any in the market.as for cahill, i dont think he is too much an upgrade on djourou.maybe even djourou might be better.mind it its our formation and playing style that makes our center backs look so bad.likes of smalling etc are not better than djourou.its only that man utd play so deep their cbacks are much more comfortable.the only real gem in center back department was phil jones on whom we lost out.although he is not that experienced but its a double whammy to see him go to utd.samba could be the perfect guy.ideally i would want that we change our style a bit to make it easy for center backs.because for me djourou looks the real deal.the only prblm with him is he delays things too much.he should look to clear the ball quickly and try not to be too cute with the ball.there is more of a midfielder in him.that needs to be corrected.even with man on he tries to be xavi and twists and turns instead of just clearing the ball.if both fabregas and nasri leave we have a problm then but maybe aaron ramsey can step up just like wilshere did.but if we sign only samba i am alright with it

18. Gooner in Exile says:

Harry shame I missed you. It’s a great post and the minute I started to read it the question came about how many teams have actually signed “world class” players.

As you point out not many… In fact most World Class players are created by exposure when arriving on the big stage at a club that took a gamble.

We really need to address the thorny issues of wages that seems to be used as a stick to beat the club with…most noticeably the alleged wages to our “lesser” players.

We are currently seeing how low wages will not encourage a player to stay, secondly no one knows who is on what it is all speculation until you hear it from the club.

But let’s take Denilson as an example and compare with Flamini.

When both were handed contracts they were players of potential. Flamini had a good season but his contract was coming to an end, before that season we failed to offer him a longer deal on better money, after that season his ability was noticed and he became a free agent capable of setting himself up for life off one four year contract. What if the same had happened to Denilson after some occasional encouraging performances as understudy we offered him improved terms, if he had gone on to do a Flamini we could have been in the same boat had the contract not been offered. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and used far too often to judge whether a player should or should not have been given the contract.

19. dandan says:

Rumour of the day, Sky are saying we have made contact with Villa over Downing, now how would he rate as a big signing. 🙂

20. gunnern5 says:

When we supporters see this rubbish written daily about the club we love, why do we give it credence by reacting to it, can’t we just take a step back and refrain from joining in the melee, until we know probably through the club site that its true?

dandan,

The first paragraph is from your headline post of July 9th.
    The second is from your post of 11:42 am today.

So I assume yesterday’s post was just words with no depth or meaning?

21. oz gunner says:

great post Harry.

to many fans think we need to bring in a whole new team, personally i think we have the team just not the tactics. Frimpong, bartley and lansbury will push on this season, and hopefully it will be a kick in the backside for players like diaby and denilson as their position will be challenged.

I hope ryo has an outstanding pre-season so that his chances of getting a permit are increased.

Who have the other teams signed? I’d say the title is still ours to lose this season!

22. dandan says:

No Gunnern 5 If you look at today post you will see I put a laughing face, I assumed the regulars on here would get the message that I was emphasising the point, sorry that you didn’t, Mate

23. bt62 Gooner says:

Stewart Downing another overated “English International” stay away overpriced and second rate.

24. gunnern5 says:

dandan:

If you are posing doubt about a statement you use a question mark ?

If you are attempting to ridicule a statement you use an exclamation point !

Putting a laughing symbol at the end of a sentence can mean many different things and is at best ambiguous.

I sorry you don’t get it !

25. goonermichael says:

There was a smiley at the end. The pres are running out of names to link us with now.

26. gunnern5 says:

dandan:

You should note that against your “better” judgement you have now managed to perpetuate exactly what you deemed to be unacceptable.

27. London says:

A very enjoyable read Harry.

Let me make one thing absolutely clear…..

This is an Arsenal discussion blog and bloggers are welcome to debate transfers whether theoretical, rumoured, tweeted or otherwise.

Other bloggers are at liberty to refute/offer an opposing view to comments but no-one can think that they can censor the site because it does not conform with their personal ethos on supporting Arsenal.

I hope this point is fully understood once and for all.

29. gunnern5 says:

Let me understand this.

We not at liberty to point out contradictions in peoples statements?

Yes you are gn5, if you think that it is adding anything to the debate.

But what is not acceptable is anyone telling anyone else that they should not be discussing/conjecturing transfers hypothetically or in reaction to anything that they’ve read elsewhere.

We cannot fill the blog with reminiscences and celebration of past glories for the whole summer. The main concern for supporters at this time is what kind of squad we will be starting next season with.

31. Jamie says:

Good article

If Wenger signs Downing then I think I have lost the faith

The worst player to have the England shirt since Graham Taylor picked Calton Palmer and Andy Sinton. I am usually pro Wenger and Not totally convinced of the storey but if this is true it is an utter disgrace.

Any Premiership manager should come under servere pressure for even thinking about wasting 5m on him but 15m that is pure negligence.

Hi Jamie,

Is it possible that a 26 year old such as Downing can improve sufficiently to be worthy of the Arsenal squad? – I seriously doubt it, in which case either we’ve lowered our standards or, as I prefer to believe, there is no truth in it.

33. gunnern5 says:

I believe my comments added to the premise of yesterdays headline post – which I totally endorse. To come on the next day and post the exact opposite makes a mockery of a headline post.

I thought it was necessary to point this out. It’s a real pity that you did not understand this and chose to attack me instead.

NB: No smileys………………..

gn5,

I understand your points perfectly.

I did not attack you, I clarified our stance as regards discussing transfer rumours/potential ins and outs.

35. Jamie – I understand what you’re saying but I’m hoping its a media porkie just to wind us up 😉

36. Jamie says:

That’s right rasp, there may be no truth in it. if Downing were 6 he still wouldn’t have enough time to sufficiently improve enough to be an Arshavin or Nasri and let’s face it that what we are talking about?

It all makes for another long Sunday, I was just hoping for a bit of roast beef for tea and the grand prix and a cheese and pickle sandwich and then Stuart Downing enters the situation. It’s put me off my grub!

37. gunnerN5 – dandan’s comment obviously had his tongue firmly in his cheek thus the smiley face. The rumours are out there, they can be seen to be true, hopeful, ridiculous or just down right stupid depending on your point of view.

dandan made his point yesterday about the press and the ‘Downing’ rumour clarifies that point of view. Do you have an opinion on Stuart Downing as a potential signing?

38. gunnern5 says:

Peaches.

I never qualify rumours by adding fuel to their fire.
    It’s an exercise in total futility!

39. oz gunner says:

surely just a windup by his agent trying to get more out of liverpool. He can go there along with other overrated english players.
    What would be the point of signing a player whose only good trait is crossing?! Unless we changed tactics it would mean that every attack would turn into sagnas recent game against manure (cross after cross headed away by rio and vidic.

40. Oz – Headed? Surely you mean palmed away? 😀

Can’t believe we are having a debate about punctuation!

That exclamation mark was brought to you with intended traditional use of surprise

41. oz gunner says:

@ GiE
    haha good call, how that was missed is beyond me, however it is manure after all so it can be expected.

@ dandan
    the other day when debating with spectrum what did you mean when referring to arsenal fans in Australia?

42. WiganGooner says:

Great post Harry, it’s always going to cause consternation in the ranks.

Personally I believe the Arsenal ethos has always been to buy below world-class because players who have the potential, but have not established themselves offer potentially far greater financial gain on resale value and are often cheaper to sign in the first place.

I couldn’t imagine Arsenal ever being able to throw 80million at a single player. We all know price-tag doesn’t make the player, but look at Christiano Ronaldo. 80million for one player who is an absolutely amazing player, but he is one guy out of 11 on the pitch. Can any club afford to spend 880million on their first team and stay within the rules of the FFP (though I do believe it will never be enforced)?

I would rather we sign a Miyaichi who turns out to be an amazing player and we get to see and enjoy his potential and progress than buy a Ronaldo and know what his limits are every week.

I love football and I love being entertained by it. I’m not sure Ronaldo could entertain me every week. Because he’s not really ‘one of ours’…does that make sense to anyone but me? 😀

WG

43. WiganGooner says:

@Oz Gunner

I’m afraid there wasn’t much debating to be had with Spectrum. He wasn’t interested in anyone else’s viewpoint. I felt like he wanted me to accept his opinion as gospel and my own opinion was tripe.

WG

44. WiganGooner says:

Edit of my earlier post….because they offer potential financial gain…

Dang Blackberry!

WG

45. harry says:

Thanks again to all for great comments…….

@GIE, your right mate, hindsight is a wonderful thing, often used by those who dont understand the difficulties in the decision making process, very easy to be critical after the fact…….

If Nasri does go, then I wont blame wenger for this one, the offer was on the table, he chose to wait……

I think wengers actions cost us diarra and edu, I think he let Pires go too early……..But generally he gets it right……

@ Double D ” Harry a Proper Gooner”………Thanks that means alot as a Gooner………………. 😀

46. WiganGooner says:

Agree with you there Harry, Nasri could have turned down that contract offer months ago and given us a shot at negotiating earlier.

I actually think he might stay, but it will cost us more than we wanted to pay because of the contract situation.

WG

47. harry says:

Hi WG,

I have an inkiling that he night stay……

Exactly right about our ethos WG, we do make them rather than buy, we dont need to thrash millions about, 2 or 3 players of the right quality with a fight about them will do…..

And like you I enjoy them coming through, so I have much hope for Lansbury……..

48. oz gunner says:

@ WG
    i agree with what you said in regards to spectrum, just wanted clarification on dandan’s comments thats all.

I definently get what you mean about buying youth and watching him grow into a world class player. A player who has developed through the ranks and made it to the first team will always be a fan favourite (wilshere case in point). It’s as though you’ve grown along with them.

@ Harry
    the diarra situation was a tough one because he wanted first team football. Wegner wasn’t to know Flamini was going to have a breakout year while gilberto was being rested. Unfortunently it made flamini’s loss a even worse knowing diarra was let go also (even worse when left with denilson as a replacement for gilberto, flamini and diarra

49. harry says:

Heres a question for you all………

Just say we are going for Downing……Liverpool supposedly are now readying a bid for N’zogbia instead……..Who would you rather we sign out of the two?

I know who I would sign and he dont play for Villa………

50. harry says:

@Oz, yeah it was tough, Wenger showed flamini favour and diarra’s nose was out out…………but it was a big blow, we went from having an abundance to bare cupboards in midfield……..

I was talking with Charlie George on a legends tour, he said once diarra gets in the team, he wont be dropped, everyone rated him so highly……He was a loss that shouldnt have happended……

51. WiganGooner says:

N’Zog is miles better than Downing. Plus, in terms of home-grown status, whilst he isn’t english he’s played for an English club for over three years so gets home-grown status.

I like N’Zog, Downing is well over-rated. Never liked him at all and Dave Whelan has already said they will sell to a big club if they come knocking.

WG

52. oz gunner says:

is neither and option? out of the two definently N’Zogbia, i always rated him at Newcastle, and he cases all sorts of problems when we play Wigan.

It definently shouldn’t have happened, it can see both sides of the story though. On one side he left chelsea for first team football but didn’t get much of a chance, but on the other side you have to prove yourself first and can’t expect to jump into the first 11 straight away (apparently he was ot included in the real madrid squad for pre-season. I like how he comes out saying he wants to fight for first team action at real, but when its arsenal hes out the door)

53. Jamie says:

Feel like pouring a large drink. This transfer stuff is giving me the ache.

54. evonne says:

Dear Jamie
    Let me asure you that no matter how many drinks you pour down your throat, the outcome is not going to be any brighter, it will get worse if anything, as you will have the hangover pain tomorrow to go with the usual summer pain in the arse inflicted by the idless media.

So put that bottle down, relax and think of happier times….like next year parade in May, the whole team on the double decker bus, millions of fans with scarves and flags…. I will be there too 🙂

55. evonne says:

Harry – you made a very, very, VERY good point. Great players are not born great, they need the right environment and AW is a specialist in creating such environment.

Two years ago they were saying that we have no real big names in the squad. And hello, all of a sudden the squad is full of big players wanted by other clubs, that didn’t happen unaided

56. harry says:

Exactly evonne, and they should stay together and prove the boss right and not let him down………

57. evonne says:

Harry – yes, I agree. But if they want to go, I cannot see any point in forcing them to stay for another season.

58. London says:

A polite request:

Can we stop saying that Arsenal’s ethos has never been to buy world class players.

This is the perception of Wenger not Arsenal, some of us recall life before our current manager and remember that the club used to take great pride in shooting the lights out when it came to transfers.

59. Gooner in Exile says:

Can someone clarify what we mean by World Class?

If I had to define it I’d say a player who could walk into any team in their position International or club. Clearly that means there can only be 11 at any time. So who would they be? And how many of them would sell for under £40m?

60. London says:

That will learn me.

61. goonermichael says:

GIE
    World class is used all the time. I’ve got no idea what it means. If you had a world 11 then the players that would get into that. Basically I’m repeating what you just said. I’m a bit drunk 🙂

62. And_Arsene_Said... says:

@LONDON

You sound like an old Arsenal fan. Maybe suffering from alzheimer’s? The last time I recall Arsenal ‘shot the lights out’ was when we signed MacDonald…….35years ago

63. Gooner in Exile says:

London that wasn’t aimed at you. I used the phrase myself today forgetting how much I hate its ambiguity.

Someone called Cahill World Class earlier, his definition is probably different from mine. As I’m not sure he could walk into any team. There is probably one centre back of that stature in the EPL and that’s sadly Vidic. Midfielders and strikers maybe RvP, Rooney …… I’m now struggling.

64. goonermichael says:

Rooney isn’t world class. Would he be an automatic choice in the Spain or Brazil team?

65. TotalArsenal says:

Hi Harry, great post. Your posts always seem to make me smile. I don’t really care whether we buy or grow world class footballers. I believe Arsenal have had their fair share of world class footballers in the last two decades and Wenger has helped those individuals to become that good. We had a decent number of players in WC and EC finals and semi-finals in recent tournaments, and although not all of those players can be considered the best player in that position at that time, they should imo still be considered world class for just doing that.

66. London says:

@ And_Arsene_Said

If you can only recall the McDonald signing then it is you my friend who is having memory issues.

67. evonne says:

London – top answer 🙂

68. Even in Arsene’s time we have signed players that have made us look forward to having them in our team.

Once I’d stood next to Emmanuel Petit I couldn’t wait to watch him play every week 😳

69. Morning – what a lovely thought for a Monday 😉

70. evonne says:

I wonder if there is any substance to yet another rumour that Per Mertesacker (what a horrible name) is to join us? I watched him since the last world cup and thought how good he was, clinical (set pieces), professional (very few bookings), disciplined (German), just what we need, IMO of course

71. evonne says:

Morning Peaches – you is tarty again 🙂 I loved Petit too 🙂

72. goonermichael says:

I just read that Nasri is definitely staying for next season but it’s unclear whether he’s going to sign a new deal. Hope that’s not the case (seeing out his contract). My Mum’s got alzheimer’s. It’s popular to use it on football blogs. Not that funny though.

73. evonne says:

GM – I read that bit too, Wenger adamant that duo stays. He is not going to look too clever if they go

I think any jabs about any disabilities should be banned, perhaps I will mail the admin dept and see what they say? Would anybody laugh about someone having cancer? No. So why laugh at mental health issues?

The new home shirt hasn’t got a white collar. Looks really old school.

75. London says:

Arsenal have never let a player run down his contract (Flamini doesn’t count) so I have faith that they will not let Nasri be the first.

Kelsey wrote a while ago that he thought the whole thing has been scripted, I am begining to think he is right.

76. London says:

That home kit is going to take some getting used to. As for the away kit, far too much blue for my liking.

77. TotalArsenal says:

Hi GM, sorry to hear about your mum suffering from Alzheimer. Not funny indeed. Agree also with you on Nasri: either stay with a new contract or go now.

Chas, new shirt looks good. Thanks for picture.

78. evonne says:

Chas – new captain next to Wenger; horrible shirt

Morning all,

I quite like the retro look of the new shirt. Interesting question evonne – who will be captain if Cesc stays? – Cesc I’d imagine.

80. goonermichael says:

Thanks TA. I’m used to it now as she’s had it for 7 or 8 years. It annoys me when people think it’s anyithing like a bit of memory loss though. If Nasri isn’t signing we’d be mad not to take even 15m now and replace him.

New post……..

82. And_Arsene_Said... says:

@London

Give me a ‘shot the lights out’ type signing since MacDonald that you claim the club used make.

83. Budget Hotel KL…

[…]Arsenals’ attraction to genuine World Stars? « Arsenal Arsenal[…]…

84. Loft Beds for Girls…

[…]Arsenals’ attraction to genuine World Stars? « Arsenal Arsenal[…]…