My wish list for the coming season.

All in all, last season, we improved our points tally and got the monkey off our back by winning the FA Cup and hopefully we can really build on this and carry on the momentum.

Here are a number of things that will help us progress.

First and foremost we need there to be fewer injuries especially long term injuries. There is no doubt that the loss of Ramsey and Walcott restricted our attacking and counter attacking options. Ramsey will be key for us in attack and hopefully he can develop a good understanding with Sanchez, who I am sure will be a revelation and combine this with an ever improving second season from Ozil. Throw Giroud into the mix, who will hopefully gain more confidence from the 22 goals he scored last season, then add an increased number of goals from Podolski and Cazorla and maybe even Ozil himself and the options of increasing our goal tally are spread more evenly.

Wilshere has, IMO, a make or break season and if what he says is true we want to read about his on field improvement, not his private life.

Our defence has to be drilled better, especially against set pieces, and lessons have to be learnt from the four ‘Away thumpings’ we got last season. That puts more emphasis on the coaching staff to make sure that things improve.

Following on from that we need a better ratio of points returned against the other top teams, not only for the three points but for confidence.

I don’t want to see us, time and time again, stumble out of the blocks straight from the kick off and when we do take the lead in many games we must go for the jugular and put games to bed.

Diaby – is he really reincarnated? Let’s hope so as surely a fit Diaby is a bonus for the team even if he manages half the games this coming season.

Wenger has done his buying early as he said he would but I feel we still need perhaps one more player.

I am glad that Szczesny has actually now got competition for his place (Wenger’s words) but as the season rolls on we will see if that actually comes to fruition or not.

Some of the understudies will play a part and others perhaps will go out on loan but we still have nearly five weeks until the window closes and I have a feeling that not all of our business is done.

We have every chance to win the Title with a bit of luck and 100% commitment from whoever plays. More rotation may just be the key.

kelsey

79 Responses to My wish list for the coming season.

1. Norfolk Gooner says:

A fine post Kelsey well done, I can’t argue with anything you say.

One thing on my wish list. Start the season with a bang, Crystal Palace at home is our first “must win” of the new campaign, there must be no repeat of last years first day fiasco.

We need to be up and running from the first whistle to the last.

2. Norfolk Gooner says:

First!! Ha ha, where are you Big Al?

3. Ozzie says:

the trick in winning the league for us this season lies in winning the first games and be the pace setters the n also wining aganst the big teams who will be chasing the league too. now that there is squad depth rotation will be key like has been said already but all in all i see an interestin season campain for Arsenal.

4. fatgingergooner says:

My biggest wishes are that we sign Khedira (or someone of that quality) to play DM, we have fewer injuries throughout the season, and Özil clicks into gear.

If those things happen, we will win the league.

Just going back to Chambers, maybe Wenger has seen the dismantling of Southampton and thought it was a perfect opportunity to pick up a player who might be a little unsettled. Apparently the £16m is with add-ons as most of Arsenal’s signings for young talent are, so not much risk there, plus if Chambers was to play a lot more games this season due to all the players leaving, other teams may have noticed him and his price could’ve shot up.

He’s definitely a raw talent, but from what I have read Wenger still rates Jenks highly so he has obviously been bought for his versatility. More young English talent is never a bad thing when it comes to home grown rules too.

5. mAx says:

hi, can you guys tell me why premier league clubs do not sniff into south america while serieA does? recently I checked 2 brazilian players naming douglas coutinho and gabriel from santos are performing well in their league, why not snap them up right now before their price tag becomes too large. arsenal 4 ever.

6. 26may1989 says:

Nice one, kelsey.

Football fans are greedy people, we want everything and we want it now. But I think the main thing I want to see is the side been savvier in the way it deals with the big games. The dim-witted way in which a side that was so consistent in its games against the other 13 sides played in the big matches, especially the away games, was so frustrating.

If we concede early goals against the likes of City and Chelsea, or even Liverpool and Everton, we need to be smart about being conservative for 10 or 15 minutes in order to stabilise things, and then build from there. Too often last season, our players, especially our senior players (Sagna, Arteta, Ozil, Mertesacker etc), just ploughed straight on after we conceded, playing an open and expansive game as if nothing had happened, and leaving enormous gaps and ceding possession incredibly easily. That meant that 1-0 was 3-0 in no time at all, and the game was gone. That just shouldn’t happen, and I hope lessons really have been learned around that issue.

But I do feel very hopeful about the coming season. There will be some integrating to do, especially around the options Sanchez will create, but if we can get the team dynamic in place early in the season, I do feel that we are going to be serious challengers this year. City will be at about the same level (FFP is affecting their behaviour this summer); Liverpool will have greater depth but without Suarez will fall away this year I think; United will be pushed on by a more motivational manager but still have a lot of mediocrity in the squad; Chelsea with Cesc and Costa will likely start as many people’s favourites, and probably rightly. However, I think we showed a hell of a lot of quality last season, with plenty of scope for further development. There’s plenty to like about our squad already, even before any further recruitment.

7. adomuha ibrahim says:

Pls sign khadira arsene wenger

8. I’m down here, Norfolk.
    That’s the first time in 3 seasons you’ve beaten me to first place.
    Got a big new alarm clock for your birthday?

Good post, Kelsey.

9. adomuha ibrahim says:

Next session is our session yes I believe and we still need more signing like keldira

10. stevepalmer1 says:

Now that’s an upbeat post, and we all like those. Only one little criticism and that is of our thumping s

I felt that although we did fairly well last season, if we are true to ourselves, i feel we did a lot better than we expected. At the start of the season i had hopes like i do every season, but to be honest, looking around the Premier League and how some teams had enlisted top talent, i had my doubts we would make top 4 let alone win it.

Spuds down the road, took over transfers, luckily they had a player in Bale who could help pull them out the shit. Bales acceptance to a transfer and for the price they received, allowed them to restructure. Spuds signings to me looked very good, and i had my doubts that we would finish above them, but of course i had forgotten that even good players need time to settle (Ozil) Spuds season dwindled with Manager changes and tooing and throwing .and of course with all the new players they had, the one player they sorely missed was Monkeyboy.

Arsenal on the other hand was late again in the window, talks of Suarez made us all sit up, but our 40 million and a £ offer was just pie in the sky, at the last minute we Hear Mest Ozil and straight away i thought who the fcuk is he, 42 million what the fcuk is happening.

Now although supporters were elated with that news, i still would have been happier with a striker, but Wenger is the Manager and he has his plans and i have always supported him, but i did doubt he was right.

This season we have entered negotiations early, some thing i thought i would never see, but Wenger had hinted that he had his eye on players and by Christ, i had heard that so often. But now and again Wenger Kicks me up the arse and he did again.

This World cup year has helped us out in my opinion, it got Arsene off his arse and he had a job commentating out in Brazil, Wenger as he always does, had prepared for his visit, he knew the players he wanted to see and he also had a good chance to speak to many of them, not as a manager but a TV pundit. He looked and he saw and he acted, and low and behold we have new signings. Has he brought the right ones, who knows but he has filled up gaps and supporters don’t seem that unhappy.

Sorry got waylaid their, going back to a fine post by Kelsey and My criticism,Last year our team even with Ozil wasn’t good enough we all knew that, getting beaten in the first game and playing as poorly as we did against an average side, the writing was on the wall for a few hidings and boy we deserved them.

Many games we didn’t turn up and heads went down Ozil was marked out of the game and also looked lost, As the season went on and we recovered some points, we started having aspirations and then the first hiding hit us, and didn’t it shake us to the quick. Now we all hoped that that was a one off but we actually knew that we hadn’t played any of the top teams, so we knew their would probably be more, as there were.

Yes we recovered and we settled the ship but a hiding was always on the cards. This year i would like to say that it is unlikely to happen again but in all fairness i cannot. Yes we have new players and yes Ozils had his Initiation year but the others haven’t so groundhog day could be around again.

Arsenal this season is better, it seems a lot more stable it also looks balanced. Talent in abundance and position’s filled that needed to be filled. Theo and The Ox along with Gnabry and Diaby can certainly give us the impetuous that we need and with this talent coming back can only be good for our new players, i agree with you Kelsey that rotating the side is very important and at this time we have the talent to do it. Over to you Arsene.

11. Nice one Kelsey….

My wish list for 2014/15. In descending order of preference.

1: CL, PL and FA Cup treble
    2: CL and PL double
    3: PL and FA Cup Double
    4: PL winners
    5: FA Cup winners

Not asking for much, NB ;)

13. Always aim high Kelsey. Then deal with the disappointment afterwards :-)

14. wally says:

I expect a slow start to the season. Our WC winners are still on vacation. Sanchez won’t be going to Austria, at least 4 new players to integrate. It might take a 4-6 weeks to get the ship up and sailing well. And that’s OK. It’s not how you start but how you finish.
    I expect a more dynamic side this year but as ‘pool showed, it’s about the ability to defend that determines championships. I worry about our depth there (let’s hang on to Vermaelen for one more year).
    So what do i wish for? Build on last year’s big steps, especially defensively in the big games. If the team can do that i think they’d be well on their way to some silverware.

I’m with the group that believe we will get off to a sluggish start to the season. Meeting Crystal Palace in our 1st game may end up as a nasty shock as any Tony Pulis coached team is a team to be reckoned with.

I agree with Wally that having our key WC players returning a week before the PL kick off and at least 2 new players to integrate into the side will cause us instability for at least the first 4/5 weeks of the season.

We have to play 6 games in 21 days to start the season, 1 game every 3.5 days.

1. Aug 10 – Man C – Community Shield.
    2. Aug 16 – Crystal Palace (H) – PL
    3. Aug 19/20 – 1st leg of CLQ
    4. Aug 23 – Everton – (A) PL
    5. Aug 26/27 – 2nd leg of CLQ
    6. Aug 31 – Leicester – (A) PL

This is a very tough start and there is no telling what the end results will be – optimism or pessimism are not a part of this equation it’s down to the hard boiled knowledge and skill set of the manager and personally I’m glad his name is Arsene Wenger………

Nice one Kelsey

hahaha, ime with 69. And the good thing is, even if we don’t achieve our targets I wont feel down because I can wish list them again next year.

Does anyone remember the loveable 70’s character Morph, created by that genius Tony geezer whos sir name escapes me? Well, the other day, as I was fantasising about a family cruise were my son in law fell overboard, I wondered, what can we morph into?

We have all the right ingredients, great talent, loads of potential, and the best manager in the world, so why cant we go and dominate just like Morph dominated children’s entertainment. Morph was great. ive never heard any one say that he put an unwanted hand up some birds skirt.,the old bill havent even pulled him up for questioning.

In the next year or two we are going to find out whether Arsenes philosophy of talent and attack over brawn and defence is capable of winning the major prizes. I think it can.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

Good read Kelsey, thanks.

Oi Crystals, alert!

Some non doom b’stard has hacked your machine and is writing under your blog name.

This is embarrassingly upbeat. Not by a chap for whom a Treble would simply be masking the cracks :-)

If you manage to track down the little snake, thank him for me could you.

GN5

Tough start?

1. Aug 10 – Man C – Community Shield.
    2. Aug 16 – Crystal Palace (H) – PL
    3. Aug 19/20 – 1st leg of CLQ
    4. Aug 23 – Everton – (A) PL
    5. Aug 26/27 – 2nd leg of CLQ
    6. Aug 31 – Leicester – (A) PL

1. Warm up
    2. Who?
    3. Virtual Bye against a Hamlet from a country you’ve never heard of
    4. Ok, will have to try a bit first 45. Then rotate.
    5. Another trot out for the 2ndXI
    6. ROLF

Micky,

I admire your tongue in the cheek optimism, but I suggest you don’t waste time studying for your coaching badges.

21. 26may1989 says:

Tezza: Tony Hart.

Tough start? All the big teams (and plenty of those who are not so big) are in the same boat re players at the World Cup. We’ll have two starting XI players to integrate (Sanchez and Debuchy). We’re used to the demands of CL qualification in August – won’t be easy but should be manageable. And the league games in August will be challenging, esp vs Toffees but again, manageable. Looks neither tough nor easy to me.

22. RC78 says:

My wish for the season:

1. A solid squad of 27 fine players that will allow us to truly compete for silverware
    2. A healthy squad of 27 fine players throughout the season
    3. Silverware at any cost, ideally the Premiership or the CL. If this is not possible, I would settle for the FA Cup
    4. 1/2 Final in the CL
    5. Beautiful football with a solid defense
    6. Breakthrough seasons for Wilshere, Ox, Gnabry, Campbell and Gedion

For wish nr.1, here is my squad:

3 GK: Scezesny, Ospina + an old GK available for free

2 RB: Debuchy, Chambers
    2 LB: Gibbs, NAGATOMO

4 CB: Kos, Per, Vermaelen and it seems Jenkinson will be converted into a central defender, which might be a good idea given his frame. If Vermaelen and Jenkinson leave, then I would suggest a move for 2 central defenders, incuding Agger or Skrtl from Liverpool.

3 DM: KHEDIRA or BENDER or SCHNEDERLIN, Flamini, Arteta
    4 M: Ramsey, Wilshere, Rosicky + Gedion

2 AM: Ozil, Cazorla

4 Wingers: Walcott, Gnabry, Ox, Sanchez

3 Forwards: Giroud, Campbell, Bakkali or…a player like Eto’o or Klose (I know I know but I think they could provide experience, cover and spread a hatred of defeat in the squad)

Transfers or loan out: Fabianski (out), Djourou (sell), Sagna, (out) Monreal (sell), Diaby (loan), Coquelin (sell), Miyachi (sell), Sanogo (loan), Akpom (loan), Podolski (sell)

Starting line-up:
    Szecesny – Debuchy, Per, Kos, Nagatomo – Ramsey, Khedira – Ozil – Walcott, Giroud, Sanchez

B -Squad:
    Ospina – Chambers, Jenkinson, Vermaelen, Gibbs – Arteta, Flamini, Wilshere – Ox, Campbell, Cazorla

Reserve players: 1 GK, Gedion, Gnabry, Bakkali

Let us see :-)

23. stevepalmer1 says:

Wouldn’t you Adam and Eve it. Sanchez misses Austria trip because he has to go to France to get,( wait for it), a Visa. What’s the betting our 33 million player’s Visa, is held up for some considerable time.

24. RC78 says:

I think that Ozil will have a great season if he plays in the middle of the park and he has good cover from a player like Khedira and Ramsey.

I am hoping for:

GOALS

55 goals between Walcott, Sanchez and Giroud
    25 goals between Ramsey, Ozil and Cazorla
    15 goals between Ox, Wilshere and Campbell
    10 goals from the rest of the squad, including 6 from the center backs

– 105 goals, I know it is a lot but now with Sanchez, we can expect a lot of extra goals and assists

ASSISTS
    At least 10 assists each for Ozil, Walcott and Sanchez
    At least 08 assists each for Giroud, Ramsey and Cozorla
    At least 05 assists each for Wilshere, Campbell and Ox

DEFENSE
    Concede less than 38 goals all season, with at least 15 clean sheets

25. RC78 says:

oh and my wish list includes also home wins against Man City, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man Utd, Tottenham and Everton

:-p

GN5

Micky: “I suggest you don’t waste time studying for your coaching badges”

I certainly will not be going after coaching badges, as I’m not a power hungry lunatic who was bullied at school, I don’t like wearing tight shorts around little boys, and I’m not a fascist who needs to wear a uniform :-)

27. stevepalmer1 says:

Max, if your still about, only just noticed your question And mY 3.15pm answers that

28. stevepalmer1 says:

Max, your like me mate, talking to yourself :)

29. 26may1989 says:

No, you’re a different type of fascist, micky…. :)

30. Norfolk Gooner says:

mAx, I think you will find the problem is work permits. It seems to be much harder to obtain one in England (Great Britain) than in other European countries. Joel Campbell was a case in point. He eventually got a permit after playing for three clubs in three different countries, Lorient, Real Betis and Olympiacos, France, Spain and Greece.

Only established Internationals can expect to gain an immediate work permit here.

31. Norfolk Gooner says:

Joel Campbell has been photographed in his new Puma kit with the number 28 on it, although he’s shown without a squad number on the Arsenal official website. Is he staying or is he going?

32. 26may1989 says:

I think in Sanchez’s case, he’ll need a visa as well as a work permit.

33. Norfolk Gooner says:

26, A work permit should be no problem, he’s played 71 times for Chile at full international level, a visa should also be forthcoming as hes been at Barca since 2011. It does seem odd that he has to travel to Paris to get it though.

Let’s hope he doesn’t finish up in a bivi at Sangatte. :D

Oh God Noooo, please don’t tell me we’ve spent £37M on an illegal immigrant who’s about to be deported :-(

Now, 26, I happen to be very left wing. The fact that I hate everybody sometimes gives the wrong impression. Or something :-)

Maybe you think I’m one of those pink uniformed Nazis who drives about in a pink tank

“Let’s hope he doesn’t finish up in a bivi at Sangatte”

best laugh of the day so far :-)

There’s a thought Norfolk
    Maybe Sanchez will end up as a kind of inverted Bergkamp. Due to travel problems, he’ll only be able to play CL away games

37. fatgingergooner says:

So that’s Chambers in aswell.

Got to say that this transfer window has exceeded my expectations. Not only for the quality of players brought in, but also for how decisive and proactive we seem to have been. Getting our business done this early in a World Cup year is very impressive. Anyone else added from here will be a massive bonus, unless we re-sign Bendtner!

Calum Chambers signs for Arsenal

Calum Chambers has joined Arsenal from Southampton on a long-term contract for an undisclosed fee.

The 19-year-old made his Premier League debut for the Saints on the opening day of the 2013/14 campaign, going on to feature 22 times in the competition last term.

Chambers joined the Southampton academy aged seven, breaking into the club’s first team squad at the beginning of 2012/13.

Tall and athletic, the versatile youngster started his career in midfield, but established himself at right back last season and can also play in the centre of defence. He is currently captain of England Under-19s.

Arsène Wenger said: “We are very pleased that Calum has agreed to join us. The way he adapted to the Premier League last season with Southampton at a young age shows that he has tremendous quality. He has a lot of the attributes that we look for in a young player and I am sure that he will do well with us.”

Chambers said: “I am so happy to be signing for Arsenal. They are a team I have much admired for their playing style, and a team who have been one of the top sides in Europe for many years. I’m looking forward to joining up with my new team-mates today and beginning preparation for the season ahead.

“I would like to take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone at Southampton FC for everything they have done for me and for making this move possible.”

It is expected that Chambers will make his first Arsenal appearance at the Emirates Cup 2014, which takes place at Emirates Stadium on August 2 and 3.

Chambers’ Arsenal squad number will be revealed soon through Arsenal’s official Instagram account.

Everyone at Arsenal would like to welcome Calum to the club.

Copyright 2014 The Arsenal Football Club plc. Permission to use quotations from this article is granted subject to appropriate credit being given to http://www.arsenal.com as the source 28 Jul 2014

Blimey, we have got so many new toys I don’t know which one to play with first.

LB,

Can you pinch me? I have to make sure that this is not another one of my fantasy’s.

41. fatgingergooner says:

The squad looks so much stronger than last season, but there are still a couple of areas that could improve.

Monreal was very inconsistent last year and pretty awful towards the end of the season.

Vermaelen was also average when he came in last year, but if he’s in the shop window for a free next year then I would expect a good season from him. If he leaves now though, then we would need another CB.

Arteta and Flamini are still really our only regular holding midfielders and neither are world class. Arteta looked like he’d lost a yard at times last year aswell. You could argue others might be able to play the role ie Diaby or Wilshere, but ultimately both are unproven and I would be much happier with someone like Khedira.

I still think there is space for a striker in the squad. Sanchez is a brilliant signing, but if Giroud were to get injured, then I would be worried about the durability of Sanchez over a long run of games if he was asked to play the front man. Campbell and Sanogo are still quite raw, so a cheap option like Remy, or potentially a late loan signing could still make sense.

Still, even if we went with what we’ve got now, I’d be very optimistic that we can challenge for trophies on all fronts this season.

42. fatgingergooner says:

Got to feel for Southampton fans but at least the club has secured its long term future by cashing in on their best players. None of them are proven at the very top level yet they’ve managed to generate nearly £100m! If most of them had been foreign they might only have got £60-70m!!!

We have now spent over £50 million on 4 new players before the start of the season and qualifying proper to the Champions League

Stingy Stan, Tight Ivan, and Miser Arsene have no ambition.

The Ghosts of the Thirties are Stirring

There is no desire for victory. Stingy Stan wants all the money so he can collate the greatest wig collection since Liberache

Tight Ivan does not know how to conclude a transfer. Hes to busy talking PR crap to the AST and fertilizing Stans syrups

Wengers to scared to spend money. He was recently spotted in the pound shop in desperate need of a screw but couldnt get the pound of his pocket

As if a man of Arsenes refinement when desperate for a screw cant get it out

47. arnie says:

ha ha ha ha ha, lovely one, Crystals. :) :) :) Now, is that the realist Kelsey or the doomer, I wonder! :razz:

The problem is, not much to disagree with. :razz:

Plenty of new toys to play with. But fans being like kids, we are surely going to be spoilt. I have the following hopes and expectations for the start of the season.

1. That we as kids do not start throwing our new toys out of the pram in a hurry. Let us support the good guys and give them unconditional support. Let us be the genuine 12th man in the ground.

2. We will be there or thereabouts in the League. We have improved, but so have some of our opponents. But we have a good club and a fantastic manager who knows how to deal with people. So I am not worried that much about the PL, “must win” games or otherwise. My wish is we do well in the Community Shield and start the season with a bang.

3. Rotation will be good, and keeping a check on our injuries will be brilliant.

4. The developments on the Academy side are exciting. I wish they have a fantastic year. Hopefully next season we do not have to go to the transfer market at all. :razz:

5. We need to win the CL some time. We are capable, and we deserve it. Let it be this year.

48. fatgingergooner says:

Just read an article about how Andre Santos has recently been beaten up by 4 of his own teams fans in Brazil. Then to rub salt in the wounds his contract was ended and he was released!

He was pretty dreadful for us but I wouldn’t wish that on him. Poor lad.

49. goonermichael says:

hello everyone
    We also have a new German fitness coach or something or other to sort out our injuries. That could make a massive difference.

50. arnie says:

Suppose I were given a choice as to which day I wish the good guys came out with flying colours, August 10 and 16. My first choice would of course be both days, but what about the second choice? My second choice will be August 10. A trophy is a trophy, and beating Shitty out of the ground is priceless! :) :)

51. arnie says:

Micky. I have been hitting my head against a concrete wall trying to make sense of your comments today. Until I came across this comment from yesterday that I had missed. :razz:

mickydidit89 says:
    July 27, 2014 at 6:36 am

Arnie: “For a change, I agree with Micky”

I find this news worrying and depressing in about equal measure.

I shall review my thoughts on everything :-)

Morning all, indeed Kelsey to take the PL title needs a couple of areas of results improvements (against competition, maturity about game situation). I like others am a bit concerned about the speed of our start although others are most likely as affected.

I did a large lol at Terry’s little trio towards the end of the day yesterday, it’s almost like we now have extra revenue to spend, it’s almost like Arsene’s hands have been tied by lack of sponsorship.

Hopefully this shows to a lot of fans just how difficult Arsene’s job has been over the past 8 years.

The best thing about these new signings? We are not even close to FFP non compliance.

Thinking more on Chambers I don’t think his arrival is a concern for others in the squad, basically I see it like this:

RB:
    Debuchy, Jenkinson, Chambers

CB:
    BFG, Koscielny, Vernaelen, Chambers

LB: Gibbs, Monreal, Chambers

His versatility gives us greater depth, and if we want to compete on all fronts we need that.

Hey Exile

Agree with all of that, although the news is even better.

Arsene (can’t find the quote to copy) said, in talking about Chambers’ versatility that he can play full back, centre back or in MIDFIELD.

Since there’s no-one around and we have a minute or two, care to explain the Swingometer? :-)

Here it is, to Sky Sports

“He can play at centre-back, right-back and central midfield. I hope he will give us competition for the players in these three positions”

Off to find a salon
    Laters

Morning

Is there a clue in this ?

Mathieu Debuchy is a French professional footballer who plays for English club Arsenal. He is often deployed in the right back position, but began his career playing as a midfielder usually acting as a deep-lying playmaker Of course he also won’t need a settling in period already being used to the PL and neither will Chambers even with limited PL experience..

Thanks for all the comments and am amazed how many hits we got yesterday.It would be nice to get some more comments from non regulars.

Sorry that I am not into riding the waves or gardening,but each to their own :)

58. arnie says:

Motning all. Just going to bed, but before that.

I have a feeling Diaby is our workhorse DM this year, together with Arteta/ Flamster/ Rambo. Debuchy and perhaps Chambers as backup. :razz:

59. arnie says:

To be realistic, I am personally somewhat optimistic about Diaby. :) :)

60. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    And Kelsey, not surprised at all the hits,as that was a fine piece my friend, Maybe not the comments that we would hope for, but people are taking notice, that’s no mean feat mate.

I did have a nose at my previous unlike d post, and was surprised by the last comment, don’t know what that’s all about, but if we can help people along the way, why not. :)

I see Remi has failed his Liverpool medical, and has been linked to us again, would like to know what he failed on, With Redknapp singing his praises, perhaps one to steer clear of.

61. stevepalmer1 says:

What do you think Steve, Yeh i agree mate. :)

62. stevepalmer1 says:

What you doing today Steve,

63. stevepalmer1 says:

Not a lot Steve, got no work this week so may end up fishing,

64. stevepalmer1 says:

Thats it Steve, you have started to bore me.

65. stevepalmer1 says:

Point taken Steve.

You cannot say i didn’t warn you. GiE @5:21 and DidIt @ 5:31.

Im in trouble here – laptop not working😞 I changed the damaged screen and all was fine. Then the keyboard was fecked, so I replaced it Nd all was fine for a while. But now nothing works and I’m not sure what to replace. I must really stop the dogs from blogging, they do a lot of damage!

£16 mil for a teenager? Clearly we have money to burn

Hi Steve

I smell a rat and for once I agree with Redknapp.Who knows the truth.A vast majority of managers tell lies,even AW has admitted that.Maybe Balotelli will go to the scousers,they like contraversial players.
    Maybe Remy didn’t smoke the required number of cigarettes to fit into the Liverpool squad :)

When Henry signed for Barcelona certain sources in Spain said he hadn’t passed his medical.

69. stevepalmer1 says:

Hiya Kelsey, thought for a minute i had pissed off the website. Yes i agree something fishy going on, and if i speak the truth, as far as we are concerned i think we have enough going forward. Now i have my keeper, i am only after a DM and i will be happy. :)

70. stevepalmer1 says:

Eddie Wenger has brought for a rainy day, you on the other hand ,need to spend on a decent set up :)

71. stevepalmer1 says:

Chambers contract fee’s are tied up with all kinds of add ons, similar to the contract signed by Chamberlain, I suspect had the Ox played in Brazil, it could have cost us, and last season if the Ox had played a certain amount of games it would have cost us, its not allways as clear as it seems :) Injuries can be financially rewarding at times.

72. stevepalmer1 says:

Bye Steve

73. Norfolk Gooner says:

‘morning all,

It looks like Jenkinson is definitely is on the move, could be on loan to the Hammers, big fat Sam wants him but his days at the Boleyn Ground could be numbered so Jenks could go to Southampton, swap for Schneiderlin? or to Hull and back on loan.

It all seems to have gone quiet on the DM front, so I expect to hear, in the next 48 hours, that we’ve made an amazing signing.

74. 26may1989 says:

Hi Norfolk. I still suspect Diaby staying fit in pre-season may result in us not signing a DM/central midfielder.

I know, I know…..

Still, the club’s business so far has been excellent.

75. Norfolk Gooner says:

It’s like the Marie Celeste here today, not even the Ghosts of the Thirtys are stirring.

Think I will go and study my mole infested lawn, I have ten traps in place and hope to catch the horrible little gits that have turned a patch of grass into something that looks like the aftermath of the Battle of the Somme.

76. Norfolk Gooner says:

I like your optimism 26, here’s a quote from The Independent “Arsenal’s French midfielder Abou Diaby, 28, is confident he can establish himself at the club this season after enduring 39 injury and fitness lay-offs since joining the Gunners from Auxerre in 2006″

NEW BRIEF POST

78. 26may1989 says:

Wasn’t meant to be optimism, Norfolk, I gave up on Diaby a long time ago (sympathetic as I feel for him). Anyway, que sera, sera.