Who has got to go? Its all about the quotas

On the back of the signing of a player, we Arsenal fans have become used to players leaving to balance the books, with quite a few released at the end of the 2014 campaign, there may not be the normal rush from the club to make this happen. Arsene has reiterated over and over again that its just as important to keep the squad together as it is to bring in new talent.

But there are parameters within which we need to work, those set down by both UEFA and the FA in terms of homegrown players. It doesn’t take a rocket scientist to work out that our recent acquisitions have not fulfilled these quotas, in addition to the new arrivals we have players who have now matured into a “need to be named” age, only three or four years ago I would have been unfussed about our squad quota’s Jack, Aaron and Carl are now of an age where they have to be named, this reduces the available squad places on offer, although they do fulfil the homegrown quota.

Or do they? One of the issues now confronting clubs is that there is a different set of rules for Europe compared to the Domestic League.

I’m sure I have written enough posts on the subject by now that I don’t need to go over the rules again…….oh……ok well pay attention this time!

Premier League Homegrown Rules:

Maximum squad size 25
Maximum Non Homegrown Players 17
Complemented by Under 21 on 1 January of the year the season commences. So under 21 on 1 January 2014 (born on or after 1 January 1993)

Definition of Homegrown : those players who irrespective of nationality or age, have been affiliated to the FA or Welsh FA for a period of three seasons or 36 months prior to 21st birthday.

Simples!

Now what about European Competition?

Well UEFA have got clever with the rules, in principle they are the same except the 36 months rule applies between the ages of 15 and 21, 4 of the 8 home grown quota must be club homegrown.

I actually thought this was why Liverpool buying Lambert was a masterstroke, but having checked wiki he was not there past the age of 15…….so answers on a postcard please.

Anyway back to the main point, where is our squad now in relation to the rules above?

Key below : HG – Association Homegrown, CG – Club Homegrown, U21 – work it out

Disclaimer I am only adding U21′s that have featured in the first team.

Name Status Contract To
Ryo Miyaichi 2015
Joel Campbell 2016
Gedion Zelalem U21 ?
Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain U21 2018
Yaya Sanogo U21 2017
Serge Gnabry U21 2018

Anyone care to explain what is going on with Djourou? He is still on the club website as an Arsenal player, but there were reports last year that he had sealed a permanent move to Hamburg….if he is still ours he would count as Club Homegrown.

So thats the list and what can we do with it.

Well lets assume we want a full 25 man (over 21) squad, we need at least 4 club homegrown for UEFA purposes, well as you can see we are actually well covered in this area, that Mr Wenger isn’t stupid is he?

Out of those listed 5 could be considered to be first team quality:

Szczesny, Wilshere, Ramsey, Theo and Gibbs.

All good for that UEFA minimum requirement, and because we have one more than required we only need a minimum of three other homegrowns, well this is perhaps from last years squad where we struggle, Jenkinson is in there but are we really going to include Coquelin as well? If Djourou remains then he would make the full 8 player quota. But the chances of both players being in red and white this season are slim. Although I personally have always liked Coquelin, an unfussy midfielder able to tackle and move the ball.

I know that we don’t have to fill the entire 25 spaces available, but wouldn’t it be good from a rotation point of view to have a bit more experience and nous around that adds to the squad.

So where does that leave us, well we now have 17 berths to fill, go on add up the non home growns above….15….so 2 spaces, the under 21′s have a free pass to play so can avoid the knife.

Most of us think we need at the very least one experienced keeper, one defensive midfielder and an experienced right back, thats one more than we can acquire if the rest of the squad is retained, unless we can find some homegrown (by definition) talent to fill some of those gaps.

In the past it would be easy to identify the chaff to be separated but now it is not so easy probably Miyaichi who hasn’t progressed due to injury and Diaby who hasn’t played because of injury are prime lambs for the slaughter, that gives us four available spots for non home grown talent.

I always finish these kind of posts with one thought……screw being a manger with these rules and limits in place, you need to plan three, four or five years ahead to stay ahead of the game, you have to look at your youth and decide who will be able to fulfil roles going forward that others will vacate. Thank goodness its not my job, and thankfully we have Arsene, someone who isn’t just planning for todays successes but also for future one’s too.

Anyone else think they have a decent plan to get in the players we need without destabilising the squad with simultaneous departures?

Written by Gooner in Exile

84 Responses to Who has got to go? Its all about the quotas

1. stevepalmer1 says:

Now that is one blinding post, well i think it is.
    Exile, you are a master, My head was spammed as soon as i read the first paragraph, but when you said that Arsene had done a good job, Naturally i trust you to be right, :)

Stats and figures has never been on top of my agenda, but i am bloody glad that people like you are on the ball. I watch football matches and i feel that i can gauge a game and tell if its good or boring, when i fall asleep that’s a good sign.

As Normal Exile a splendid post, they make me smile and make me scratch my head as well, taking all that in is a bit much for me so i will follow your every word and agree with you mate.

2. 26may1989 says:

Typically excellent stuff, Exile.

I feel sure that there will be one or two permanent exits from the squad this summer, plus two or three going out on loan. Meeting the homegrown criteria is one reason I’d like the club to be looking to players like Marshall and Ruddy for back-up GK, but they’re being overpriced (partly due to the HG rules), so we may end up signing a foreigner like the very good Ospina. And assuming the club really is going to follow Sanchez with Khedira and Debuchy, as you say, some pruning needs to be done.

Depending on what further signings Wenger makes, I could see a couple of this lot being sold: Flamini, Rosicky, Diaby, Arteta, Podolski and Miyaichi. Not all of them of course, and I’d particularly like us to keep Arteta, Poldi and Rosicky, but some would need to go.

And I would think some or all of Sanogo, Gnabry and Zelalem could go out on loan in order to develop (plus perhaps Miyaichi and Diaby, if they’re not sold). I know some will say Gnabry in particular is a talent we need to keep – yes, but he also needs to develop, and in the long term, that’s what we need from him, so sending him for a season of more football than he can get with us would be great for him.

Well played Exile. Thank you.

I was thinking how it was time for a tricky post, and we got it. This requires a pencil, rubber, and slide rule for sums.

A simple fellow may have one question: let’s suppose this Debauchy lad is to fill Bac’s boots, and any old keeper will do, can we still buy a horribly expensive, any aged, johnny foreigner to play at DM.

Let’s face it, Argentina and Germany both got to the final with high calibre fellas in that role.

4. The Cockie Monster says:

sp1, what do you expect !, we`re talking about the inventor of ……”The Swingometer !”……the man who frizzled Stephen Hawking`s brain !…..some say he is now known as Germans in Ecstasy !. hahaha

5. arnie says:

Great work, GiE. You are a star. You make this sound so simple, why do we pay Arsene’s salary? :razz:

Is Damien Martinez club homegrown?

6. 26may1989 says:

Arnie, I was just looking at the Academy players who didn’t play first team football last year but could be brought in this season, and I think the following is correct:

Damien Martinez: Club homegrown
    Isaac Hayden: Under 21
    Ignasi Miquel: Club homegrown

7. I hate all this complicated malarky, well done Gooner in Exile!

But I’me with micky89, I need to get out the dictionary, my Pan dictionary of Synonyms and Antonyms, my french and german dictionarys’ and then still need a tape measure and a spirit level.

Good stuff mate, but I didn’t understand a frigging word. I just watch football and drink wine. :-)

A lovely Post, Exile, just down my street. :-)

You, 26 and myself have written on this extensively in the past, but it does not go amiss at this time of year to have a refresher.

26 has stolen my thunder in his comments about players who may be moved on to enable other ‘super-stars’ to be brought in.

I don’t think there is any problem with players such as Gnabry and Zellalem, Sanogo and Co, as we are also able to have as many players under 21 as we want.

Perhaps you were concerned that they will not develop if they are not given playing opportunities inn the first team, and therefore should go out on loan, and there is merit to that.
    But the HGN and non-HGN rules do not directly affect them at the moment.

For my way of thinking the Premier League and the UEFA squad systems do not allow for sentiment, and except where a player is exceptional, any player of 30+ needs to be shipped out to allow the changes needed in the squad to be made.

With that in mind, the club have already let very good but ageing players like Sagna (despite a late change of heart) run down their contracts, and also let some very good youth players like Anneke move on.

I bet Wenger, or one of his acolytes, has a big spreadsheet containing dates of birth, contract dates, detailed player HGN qualifications and coaching assessments that would put you and GN5 to shame. :-)

26,

Casting a careful eye over available young GKs in the youth system, my own feeling is that Macy will one day be a very good No.1 GK for us. Just a feeling.

10. LBG says:

Pure quality from the big GK and nothing more than we have come to expect!
    Since I still believe as most do, we need the DMer, a GK , and for me another quick a “all rounder/quick CB, some need to be released.
    Diaby, Posolski, Flamini (if we can bag Khedira, Sneiderlin or poss Bender in that order) would be my starters. Think Santi will chose to leave and, as I have said before and I realise not supported by many AA’s, I would sell Walcott.

Right up my alley, thank you GIE. You have done a marvelous job in making a seemingly complicated set of rules and regulations look very simple.

RA you are correct, I do have a spreadsheet very similar to the one you describe but AW doesn’t need one – he has it all committed to memory (in seven languages)

This is from ESPN.
    …………………………………………………………………………………..

A trio of Arsenal players became world champions on Sunday night.

In the wake of Germany’s victory over Argentina, joyous scenes unfolded in the middle of the Maracana pitch; Per Mertesacker, a late substitute, danced with surprising dexterity to the sounds of Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky”. Mesut Ozil, who had produced his best display of the competition, had his shirt nabbed by a starstruck Michel Platini. Lukas Podolski, meanwhile, let his young son take penalties in front of the cavorting German fans. The next generation is already being groomed for success.

In France 16 years ago, a flowing move saw Patrick Vieira provide the pass for Emmanuel Petit to score the third goal in Les Bleus’ World Cup final victory over Brazil. The next morning, The Mirror ran with the unforgettable headline, “Arsenal win the World Cup”.

There will be no such bold claim this time around but the Gunners certainly made their presence felt. The success of Arsenal’s German contingent merely adds to the optimistic mood around the club.

It began with the FA Cup win in May. That victory snatched away the albatross that had hung around Arsenal’s neck for nine years. As Mikel Arteta said at Arsenal’s recent kit launch: “It’s a different summer when you win something.” Players were able to head off on their holidays with a medal in their cabinet and a spring in their step.

The exceptions, of course, were those players who had business to attend to in Brazil. Jack Wilshere and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain’s FA Cup-high might have been somewhat dampened by England’s poor showing this summer. However, most of the Arsenal players involved enjoyed positive tournaments. Olivier Giroud contributed well to the French cause, starring in a resounding victory over Switzerland during the group stage, while Joel Campbell impressed for the Costa Rican upstarts.

And then the Germans. Podolski, Mertesacker and Ozil return to London with another medal for the collection. Winning is a habit and these boys are getting in to the groove. Once they’ve rested their weary limbs, their return to training will see the scent of triumph continue to linger over London Colney.

Ozil must be particularly delighted. His decision to move from Real Madrid to Arsenal was widely questioned but less than a year later he has won both the FA Cup and the World Cup. It’s inevitable that a player with his price-tag and reputation will attract scrutiny, even criticism. However, it’s far easier to deflect that carping when you can point to a healthy collection of silverware.

For Ozil and Arsenal, it’s very much a case of ‘so far, so good’ — but it ought to get better. Gunners fans will hope that next season he takes to the field with the swagger befitting a World Cup winner.

The good mood around Arsenal has been reinforced by the acquisition of another World Cup star, Alexis Sanchez of Chile. A year after Ozil’s arrival, the signing of Sanchez signals Arsenal’s intention to kick on again. The FA Cup is not enough for this illustrious club. They want to challenge for the Premier League and Champions League and are finally both prepared and permitted to spend big money to do so.

Arsenal are club with momentum. With Arsene Wenger now due to return from his sojourn in Rio, preparations for the new season will begin to ramp up. Despite the inevitably glowing atmosphere at the training ground, Arsenal still require further reinforcements ahead of the new season. The club must act decisively to ensure that the summer of 2014 is remembered as the start of a glorious era rather than a brief window of respite.

13. arnie says:

warm glow. Khedira and Ospina rumours gaining force. Normally, we would turn a blind eye, but given Sanchez, who knows! :)

And on warm glows, here is the Platini PR exercise that GN5′s posted article refers to. :) :) :)

14. arnie says:

Dare to dream?

Morning all……

Sod squad numbers……I’m getting excited about Khedira.

Very excited.

If we get him for the reported £23m a CL and WC winner how will the £26m paid for Lallana by Liverpool look?

And one other thing squad players doing it the right way…..Ppdolski and BFG although not featuring in the team seemed to be leading the celebrations it’s good to have players like that in the squad.

Exile,

Big Per did get 1 1/2 minutes at the end!! :-)

17. 26may1989 says:

RA, yup, I agree, the rules make sentiment a luxury that can’t be afforded.

I don’t know anything about Matt Macey, but if he flourishes in time, all good.

Re the Sam tweet that arnie posted, just to be pedantic, we already have at least six of the Hun on the books, given that we have Eisfeld and Zelalem as well as Merts, Poldi, Ozil and Gnabry.

Does anyone know if Khedira’s injury last night was at all serious? From the pics, doesn’t look that way.

18. arnie says:

Agreed, GiE. Top Gooners who take pride in putting on the shirt even when the contribution is from the bench. It is the team that matters, and what matters most within that is being part of a team, being a loving and loved member of a team.

19. This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your feed and look forward to seeking more
    of your excellent post. Also, I’ve shared your site
    in my social networks!

I heard on the radio that Khedira developed a calf muscle problem during the warm up, 26.

It does not behove me to say it was not serious, but …….

Don’t we have a new German physio too?

22. The Cockie Monster says:

Redders my ol` mate !.
    Calf problems are a pain in the neck, which a funny place to have a calf, but I have had historical experience of calf injuries over the last 3 years, they can be notorious slow healers and in my case I have scar tissue which makes it a weak point, so taking months to get it back, can within minutes of a run be pulled again !. So I sympathise with people who have the same problem, especially top sportsman and top stalkers like myself who need to be quick on there feet !. hahaha

Back to the squad I think the contract lengths for some of the squad elders are important, Arteta is out of contract at the end of the season, if we have him another year he would probably take it but equally likely to go off for a payday in the US.

Flamini will be done at the end of this season.

Ox will need to be named as will Sanogo. Which works.

Like 26 I would be keen to us to look for homegrown players to fulfil our 25 man quota, a keeper is probably a good option in this respect, someone like Green, Ruddy or Given (if still playing?)

24. RC78 says:

KHEDIRA TO JOIN ARSENAL FC for 29 Mln EUR according to French reports…

A Team: Ramsey, Khedira – Ozil – Sanchez, Giroud, Walcott

B Team: Wilshere, Flamini, Arteta – Ox, Podolski, Campbell?

+ Geladion, Rosicky, Gnabry, Sanogo

Looking good….

That’s why I am always pulling your leg, Cockie. :-)

In my more athletic youth, I had a tear in a thigh muscle that did not take too long to heal, but it did cause me trouble afterwards when I was chasing chippy Greeks with bouffant wigs and telescopes.

Couldn’t catch him. Could I, Terry! :-)

26. 26may1989 says:

We’re all starting to look at our likely line-up next season, but here’s an interesting formation: 4-2-3-2.

For more info, see http://www.givemesport.com/485328-arsenal-potential-201415-xi?autoplay=on

27. RC78 says:

We are sorted in the middle of the park and on the wings. If Campbell comes back, I think that we are also sorted up front although we could use a player like Rémy as well up front…but it s not vital.

We just need to focus on the backline now.

Ospina is joining us, apparently as back-up GK – which is ok, not great. I think that Krul or Vorm would have been better options…

Right back – we re getting Debuchy. Again, ok but not great.

We need a new CB as well as a new LB (Monreal going back to Spain). I would say to make a move for Lombaerts or Richards and the Japanese Left-Back from Inter.

Szecesny – Deb, Per, Kos, Gibbs – Ramsey, Khedira – Ozil – Walcott, Giroud, Sanchez

Ospina – Jenkinson, Richards, Vermaelen, Nagatomo – Wislhere, Flamini, Arteta – Ox, Poldi, Campbell

+ Geladion, Rosicky, Gnabry, Sanogo

Not great but looking very good, especially the first team

28. evonne says:

ha ha ha ha :) As soon as I read ‘Definition of Homegrown’ I guessed the author :)

Gie – I share your point on not being able to deal with those rules now, let alone in the future, and like you am forever grateful to the Boss, he is clearly on top of things. The only thing that worries me is small number of the academy graduates that are in the first squad. What happened to Frimpong, Coquelin , Eisfeld, Afobe and many others that we were hopeful about, but have not heard a lot about, are they still hopefuls? surely some of them should be ready now

and on a separate matter, could you please tell me how much profit did the Club made last year? I am trying to work out how much of it they are spending on new signings?

Good stuff GiE
    I for one am always grateful of a refresher on this stuff… I’ll have forgotten it all again by the time the January window opens.

The Djourou conundrum is interesting. I would happily have him as our 3rd CB if Tommy is off.

aha Rocky! I think a post from you is well overdue :) how have you been, not blogging much lately

Rocket,

Be honest — you will have forgotten the rules by tomorrow! :-)

I have been here every minute of every day waiting for your return, Shane Rocker. And you are going to tell me that your third million took a bit longer that anticipated.

Been busy evonne.

How you doing?

Howdy Redders
    In between working and watching the WC there hasn’t been a lot of time… :)

I am better knowing that you are back, Rocky :)

A nice Man City fan told me today that he so wanted for his club to sign Sanchez. It was the nicest thing I’ve heard all day

36. If some of you Gooners want to see a picture of Wenger in a highly excited state as he announced the signing of Sanchez Sanchez, then pop over to my blog and click on the link in my last comment:
    WARNING: Content of an adult nature, Peaches Mum is advised not to look: http://wp.me/p4FeF9-aa

37. arnie says:

ha ha ha, Northbank! :razz:

38. chás says:

So, GIE, how many foreigners can we buy and how many homegrown? :)

39. chás says:
  40. chás says:

Morning

so Marty Feldman was related to Ozil.

Wit regards to that cartoon picture of AW he is saying “never mind the quality feel the width”

Oh,hello RL

I see the Sky schedule is out and we feature just once before October that is away to Leicester.

Morning K
    Chas gone salon?

Exile

In your list, I saw Coquelin’s name. I thought we’d flogged him, so unless he shone at some minnow club, why don’t we get rid of him and create another berth.

You mentioned shifting Diaby and Miyaichi, I say Coquelin and Miyaichi.

I just don’t think Arsene will give up on Diaby, but the problem is, that if I’m right and Park and Miyaichi were simply advertising bait for orientals then we’d need to find another.

43. chas mobile says:

Aren’t the palace Everton and spud games televised too?

Well researched GIE but far too complicated for me and is t all really necessary.
    I was always brought up not to spend if you haven’t got the money and there are very clever highly paid accountants and lawyers to bend the rules.

No doubt The Arsenal way is the correct and proper way but my only fear this season is that our relentless amount of injuries continues but hopefully not.
    I haven’t got a clue who may still come in but without doing a Spurs of last season,surely we need at least another two or three players to improve the squad,and we all know which positions I am refering to.

Chas

If you’re at the salon and on your mobile, then you are not trying particularly hard to get gorgeous are you?

I looked on the list last night chas,and onl saw the one,might be wrong.The spurs game is in October.

47. chas mobile says:

Micky
    I just slipped a quick 60 lengths in. Didn’t take long.

48. chas mobile says:

Thought the spud game was before the end of September. Must have another look.

49. chas mobile says:

Phone wouldn’t like being in the pool. And typing might interfere withe my breast stroking.

Kelsey

I reckon replacing Sagna with a Debauchy or whatever leaves the squad on par quality, and ditto Fabianski

Adding Sanchez is a truly massive upgrade, as not only wil he bring goals and options, but he’ll bring the best out of Mesut and Aaron, Ox etc

That means one more addition, a quality DM and we should be seriously able to compete with City, Chavs and Pool.

Oh and… you’re right, improving our injury record is critical. At least, please may it not happen to the Theo and Aaron’s

Chas

Same old :-)

Hi Kelsey,

Fear not, your worry that Arsenal are only being shown once on Sky up until October may be correct, but our opening day game against Palace is being shown on BT, @ 5:30 p.m.

There you are – no worries. :-)

great news – Scotland to open a base for space travels!! Fantastic, just what is needed!!

back to football – I don’t want to hear about the world cup again. Is there any substance in the Kadeihra rumour? He is very good looking, don’t you think Peaches?

bloody hell, those Puma ads are awesome, especially the Ian Poulter one. Nice shirts too, might have to buy one

56. fatgingergooner says:

Apparently we’ve signed the German physio but only piece I could find online was in the Daily Star, so could well be rubbish.

The more Germans we sign the better. They’ve just won the WC without Schmelzer, Lars Bender, Sven Bender, Gundogan and Reus! They are going to dominate for a while I think.

The Khedira rumours seem to have some weight but the signings of Özil and Sanchez doesn’t mean we are going to sign every world class player we are linked with. Fingers crossed though.

Metro claiming we have agreed a fee for Ospina, who looked decent at the WC. Also waiting for Newcastle to buy Janmaat before Debuchy arrives. Apparently Manquillo coming in aswell on loan so Jenks can get a season in someone else’s first team. Smart move I reckon.

57. arnie says:

motning all.

lovely discussion, nice work Chas.

Wilshere in the news again. Bloody juvenile delinquent. “spare the rod and spoil the child”. I blame his parents and his school. :sad:

58. fatgingergooner says:

Palace 16/8 5.30 Sky
    Everton 23/8 5.30 Sky
    Leicester 31/8 4.00 Sky
    Man City 13/9 12.45 BT
    Tottenham 27/9 5.30 Sky

arnie – don’t be such as a faddy daddy, you know that fags are delish

60. arnie says:

Evonne. :) Fags are delish, yes, but rubbing your schoolmaster the wrong side :razz: is pure daft. Repeatedly as well. Complete lack of brain cells. Arsene, where is the cane?

61. fatgingergooner says:

If Wilshere’s performing on the pitch then I don’t care if he’s blowing Joe Hart for drug money! I’m sure Wenger will be having words though.

62. arnie says:

FGG. Big IF though. :razz:

63. arnie says:

64. fatgingergooner says:

True arnie,

He and Ox both capable of a Ramsey-type season this year though if they avoid injury.

65. Shard says:

Late to the party but an exceptional effort GIE. We think alike in terms of planning 2-3 years in advance. I think I had an article looking at our youngsters and when they need to be registered in the coming years.

But if you think these rules are complicated, try looking at the NBA rules. Which is why they have a full time GM with his own staff to do the calculations. I think football is headed in the same direction.

I think we had 7 spots to fill this season for the PL, of which 5 could be non-homegrown. THat was considering that Wilshere and Jenkinson would both be added to the squad. We’ve added Sanchez, and probably Debuchy. Even with Khedira we’ll still have 2 spots left. So a GK like Ospina and a defender is possible. BUt then, what to do next season when we need to add Ox and Sanogo. Arteta, Flamini and Diaby are all out of contract. So maybe we can add a midfielder next year too and/or give someone like Hayden the chance.

There is also Joel Campbell and squad space to consider this year. Which might be why Jenkinson goes out on loan and a Spanish U21 plays at RB. Also why I think Macey – who is U21- will be third choice keeper in the league, while Martinez gets to play League Cup.

The Uefa rules for U21 players are different too. Any player under 21 years of age has to also have been at the club for at least two years if he is to qualify to play without being registered in the list of 25. So we can’t play a 20 year old RB on loan in the CL without taking up a spot.

Of course we can always have a bigger squad and distribute game time between the PL and the CL, and play any combination in the two cups.

look arnie, Jack is 22, yeah only 22. What were you up to at 22? I for one wasn’t a professional or an example of virtue. And I know what DidIt and Raddy were up to at 22! Jack is a saint by comparison.And you were probably still enjoying student life,no?

So if the lad is having good hols with mates, bikini babes and champers, let him be ffs

67. fatgingergooner says:

Haven’t we just signed a Finnish GK? Where does he fit in, or is he a bit young?

68. Shard says:

Meh to the Wilshere smoking thing.. The only problem Wenger will have with it is that the press will make an issue out of it. As long as it isn’t enough to affect Wilshere’s performance, who cares?

Zidane, Rooney, Berbatov, Balotelli and even our own Mesut Ozil (before he joined us) have all been pictured smoking before.

Just sorting the new post, back in a bit.

evonne – are you sure you don’t want to go to Borehamwood on Saturday?????

70. arnie says:

Evonne. As a footballer aged 22, you are in the steepest learning curve of your career. Either you make it, or you are history. It is tough, but it is also short. It is not so much about smoking, it is lack of discipline.

In any case, yes Jack is talented but his progress has been slow, compared for example to Sturridge and “Johnny Foreigner” Sterling..It is not a certainty that he will make the first team in his club.

If I was him, I would keep my head down and work very hard. Not rub the mature man the wrong way, and not open my mouth to the press.

Evonne. Cannot discuss here what I was up to at 22. Serious stuff, but yes I used to have an occasional fag and much more. But that was part of my job. Not much indiscipline, though. :razz:

Shard

I care.

The guy is getting a bit too big for his boots.Has always been a bit of a rogue and this is not the first time.

If it doesn’t affect him on the pitch all well and good but he may well be fighting for his place this coming season.

72. We have a New Post ………………..

Arnie

“I used to have an occasional fag and much more. But that was part of my job”

You were a guinea pig?

Being completely skint, I tried flogging my blood in my early twenties to raise cash for “things”. The bastards rejected it :-(

arnie :)

all the money in the world and all the silverware cannot buy you youth again! Look at Rod Stewart or Mick Jagger – pathetic.

I am delighted to see that our Jack is a perfectly normal young lad and enjoys himself on his holidays. An odd cigarette will not have any impact on his health for another 5-10 years, if ever

75. Shard says:

kelsey

And that’s how it should be. We’ll see if he’s up for the challenge because I agree that he’s not a starter at this moment and in fact needs to settle into a role. Whether he smokes or not doesn’t change that though.

76. Tomoko says:

I see a lot of interesting content on your website.
    You have to spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save
    you a lot of time, there is a tool that creates readable, SEO friendly posts in couple of minutes,
    just search in google – k2 unlimited content

77. Candra says:

I read a lot of interesting posts here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i
    know how to save you a lot of work, there is an online
    tool that creates readable, google friendly posts in seconds, just type in google – laranitas free content
    source

78. definitely as if your web site and you need to take consumers spelling on some of the articles you write cleaning service Huntington Beach. Quite a few are usually filled with punctuation problems i realize its very bothersome to express to reality having said that We’ll unquestionably arrive once more just as before.

79. Hey, I think your website might be having browser compatibility issues.
    When I look at your blog site in Safari, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some
    overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick
    heads up! Other then that, great blog!