Our first signing of the Summer needs to be……

My view is that Arsene signed his new deal because he has been promised access to the new funds available via the Puma and Emirates deals. Some of it has probably already been spent on improved contracts but these deals are mega compared to the old deals, we managed to breakeven even with those old deals, so there is now not just a lot of cash sloshing around but also some guaranteed income streams from which to pay wages to new signings and now literally no need to supplement our profits with cash from selling players.

So the player at the top of my shopping list is the man grabbing the headlines yesterday as his club have apparently said he can go, and as the Metro claimed the President said he wasn’t for sale we can only assume they are incorrect and that the other media outlets are correct. His name? Come on now pay attention the one man we need…..Cesc Fabregas.

cf1

What’s that you say? We have a ton of small gifted attacking midfielders already we don’t need another one….

Sorry you’ve really not been paying attention have you. Remember when Arteta joined us? 28 years old and up until that point an attacking midfielder, Arsene saw something different he saw a player who was able to be our metronome to safely bring the ball out of defence and to get it to the attacking midfielders, he also understood that a player who has spent the vast majority of his life opening up defences would be the man to snuff out danger when we were defending seeing the space and marshalling it or nicking the ball back, the only thing going against Arteta now is his age.

So Cesc, 27, whilst he has spent the last two seasons racking up the most assists in La Liga he has not set pulses racing as he did at Arsenal, he has played in a variety of attacking midfield positions but for us he played deeper, more the Rambo role than the Santi/Ozil role.

Bring him back put him at the back of our midfield three, add Rambo, Jack, Ozil and Santi to the mix, that’s one good looking midfield that would strike fear of ball starvation into any PL side

On top of that he always had his own clock, Cesc could receive the ball and whilst everything around him was going at 100mph he was seeing it all in slow motion, receiving the ball off BFG I doubt Cesc would ever be caught out.

And what of tackling and winning back possession, well we all know you don’t have to a brick outhouse to play DM, a quick brain, quick feet, desire and agression are equally desirable traits, Cesc has all of them.

So please Arsene bring Cesc home and make him our metronome.

By Gooner in Exile

103 Responses to Our first signing of the Summer needs to be……

1. Syed says:

yes i agree bring back wenger we need him

I can only agree.

My fears are that every other team in world football is aware of the genius of Cesc – Barca included. IMO they would be insane to sell him; as Xavi winds down who else with Barca DNA can take his place? As you rightly say, Cesc is a metronome.

Would I like him back? Absolutely and should he end up anywhere in the PL apart from Arsenal I will be gutted.

100% yes GiE. I have been thinking exactly the same thing. I also think the freedom that Cesc would afford to our other attacking mjdfielders would to a large extent negate our need for a top striker. Given the choice between signing Cesc or a top striker I would choose Cesc because I think we’d score as many and concede fewer.

Very interesting discussion this morning. I particularly enjoyed the mental image of Peaches “wading in” :-D :-D

According to the meedja we have signed Aurier and Remy.

Believe it? No – neither do I.

6. Cheers Goonerzilla !. :)

Glad to hear your Dad is on the mend .

Listen, it`s a no brainer having him back imo, but the question is, how will we feel if he goes to another EPL club ?…or Arsene doesn`t want him if available !….or after leaving us to be on rumoured lower wages, he goes to Mansour City for mega bucks !…..and the biggest question is……….where the fcuk has the Swingometer disappeared too ???.

Well done for the Post, GIE, (and I am glad your dad is on the mend). :-)

Now then, unlike my more seasoned AA colleagues above, I am of the opinion we should not re-sign Cesc, even if the rumour about him being surplus to the needs of Barca are true.

I have my reasons for arriving at that conclusion, but addressing the one(s) you have put forward, I do not feel convinced by them.

Arteta has done a sterling job for Arsenal in the role AW employed him in, but he has confessed he has never felt comfortable playing there, and his lack of pace is becoming more and more evidently a handicap.

It is not an original thought, but I would never advise anyone to go back to work at a previous job, or to play for a previous club or even a onve treasured girlfriend as time moves on and nothing ever remains the same.

In any event, Cesc is already handicapped by a lack of pace, which may explain any reservations Barca has about him, and that is not going to improve.

From his perspective, he has many clubs interested in him, and he does not need to learn new disciplines as a defender, they would want him for his wonderful attacking midfield skills which you have referred to.

If AW despite my advice did re-sign him, I suspect he would want him to continue doing what he does best, and that would mean one of our current attacking midfield maestros would have to go.

Who should that be? The Ox? Jack? Tomas? Santi? Gnabry well you know what I mean.

Sorry, big guy, for me it just does not compute! :-)

RA. Good counter-argument.

9. stevepalmer1 says:

Reading RA’s comment has me thinking the same way,Only Wenger and his love of Midfielder’s seem to be a bit of a sticking problem. Whether Wenger put the clause into Cesc’s contract of a resign or perhaps he wanted to safeguard Cesc from one season at Barca and then sold to the highest bidder.

At present i would be inclined to see 4 positions filled with quality Goalkeeper Right Back Centre forward and a brick outhouse Sherman tank in midfield. Buying Cesc for 25 mill would take away money for the positions we need to fill first.

Cesc went to Barca for his own reasons, and although Wenger kept him here for another season he did eventually let him go..

Wenger has Mid fielders coming out of the woodwork and from what i have seen of them Ramsey could be the power house we need in the middle.

At the end of the day cesc left and won his trophies, always a tough ask for him to play every game for them and he knew it, Barca wanted him so much they wouldn’t let go but now he may be surplus, i loved Cesc and was heartbroken when he left but i have got over it, and now i don’t really care where he plays or who for we have moved on .

10. stevepalmer1 says:

Going fishing catch you laters.

BTW there was a question yesterday about kelsey’s whereabouts.

He is well but has problems with his family’s health and quite rightly is prioritising his time elsewhere. He says he will blog when possible.

12. arnie says:

Brilliant stuff, GiE. :) :) and great counter-argument, Redders. :) :)

I am in the get Cesc back camp. Why? Partly for proper football reasons and partly for “good vibes” reasons.

“Good vibes” first. There is a big difference between Cesc (and for that matter, Henry) and the ignorable and unmentionable others. You chums know the lot I am thinking of. Cesc has not burnt bridges, and if he were to return he would be welcomed back by a vast majority of Arsenal fans.

I have been told that in matters of jobs and girlfriends, it is a good idea to leave the sh*t behind and move on to spread your c*ap elsewhere. :razz: But returning to a club that you feel a part of is not quite like a return to an old job, is it?

If Cesc decides to return, and it is a big IF, he will bring a lot of positive vibes no matter what his contribution on the field of play is. Positive for the fans, positive for the team. We know him well, dont we? A bit like Henry returning for his cameo roles. In any case, it cannot hurt. Besides if there is a clause, you know the one I am talking about, it could be a major coup! :)

Right, footballing reasons then. Arsene loves total football, whatever that may mean. A class act on the field exudes class no matter what role he takes. One can of course think of many roles Cesc can take. No surprise there, he is a product of the Arsenal total football school (no, not the Barca academy!) and he has learnt his trade with Arsene. He can play in many different roles, as required by the team. Most importantly, he is a team player.

Bring him in, Arsene. Of course, if he wants to return. Which is actually a big IF. :)

13. LBG says:

The big GK does it again!
    Brilliant post, GiE, and 100% in favour of bringing one of our recent beating hearts back home. After the load he carried for us in the last few seasons before his return to Barca, he also deserves to be part of “the new chapter”. Do it, Arsene!!

14. arnie says:

OK, Murray IN, time to focus on AA then. :razz:

15. Podge says:

There are more pressing needs that need focus first. We absolutely have to sign a new GK, we need a new firs team RB, another CB and another quality striker. After that we could do with a defensive midfielder, and adding pace to the team.

Cesc is great but I don’t see him converting to a DM, while he has great passing and is a pretty good tackler he isn’t athletically gifted. And positioning is huge in that defensive role I believe positioning is instinctive and can only be improved so much through training and experience.

As an attacking addition Cesc would be excellent we play a lot of games in a season and will always suffer more injuries than average due to our playing style and media perception of “don’t like it up ‘em”.

It would hurt every week seeing Cesc in a ManU shirt and god forbid the blue of City or Chelsea.

16. Shard says:

GIE,

Glad to know your father is keeping better.

Thank you for the post. A am of the same opinion. Cesc played from deep for us when we played a 4-4-2. With Ramsey next to him instead of Flamini (although that is also a possibility :) ) he will enjoy the same freedom to run the show like a quarterback. Ramsey wins a lot of tackles even as he gets forward and covers a lot of ground. They can be a great midfield partnership. Ramsey might not score as many goals, but he might not need to. And I don;t mean that in a bad way or that it’ll stunt his attacking output. I don;t think it will. It’ll just need him to learn to play with Cesc.

Add in Ozil and Cazorla running the show further ahead, pulling defenses out of shape and the option of pace through Walcott or Ox (and who knows a new signing), with Giroud there as a pivot if required, I think that midfield will be nigh irresistible.

The question is whether it can be solid enough. We don’t have to play the same team every time. Play Flamini with Cesc, Arteta with Ramsey, hell, even Diaby and Ox at some point.

As it stands, after next year we’ll be without the services of Arteta and Diaby. The following year Flamini and Rosicky. We’ll be opening up 4 midfield spots. Cazorla is 29 too (and he REALLY needs a rest next season). Podolski might move on within that time too. Having Cesc sign up now, makes it easier to have that transition, with a world class played already in, and potential to add more.

As for the emotional aspect. I can’t really care about that. I was not happy with the way he left and that he was so adamant on going that Barcelona could low ball us on the price. It didn’t leave us with money to sign a replacement for him.

But, I can appreciate the PR aspect. ‘He don’t want no house, no helicopter, no free car, “que no te enteras, que siempre me haces lo mismo y que no quiero esto”, all he wants is to Come. Back. Home.

17. Shard says:

Raddy

Tim from 7amkickoff says he’s had information that Aurier is basically a done deal. It’s not like Tim to act like an ITK. I think that’s good news and I’m inclined to trust the source. But, knowing our luck, now he’ll get injured at the World Cup. :(

Shard. If true, I am delighted. Seems a perfect replacement for Sagna

19. Shard says:

If we buy Cesc, would we also want to buy a winger? Maybe Vela? And then we still have Djourou to come back from loan. He can be 4th choice Cb can’t he? Just need to bring back Adebayor as the striker and play Rosicky and Flamini more and maybe people will think the 9 trophyless years never happened :)

20. GOONERKAM says:

Hmmmmmmm. intovesting
    Glad your dad is doing better…..

21. GOONERKAM says:

I had no idea FROCH was Jewish and from Poland. Unless that’s the same as being for Nottingham. ;-)
    Me proud too.

22. GOONERKAM says:

Cesc should come out right now and say there is only one team and club he would go to. Due to his ARSENAL DNA. a bit like old times . No??

23. Shard says:

Goonerkam

Do you expect him to do that? Do you expect him to forego some of his loyalty bonus to enable us to pay less for him? I don’t. In fact I fully expect him to sign with ManU if we don’t match the wages on offer there.

This is all assuming he is even leaving Barcelona. They must be mad to sell him. Or broke.

David Villa available from AM. Great signing for a season or two.

Buy, buy, buy

25. arnie says:

or FFP must be working. :razz:

OK, so you guys like the sound of Aurier. What about Remy? all speculation of course, but what better to do on a sleepy Sunday afternoon? :razz:

26. arnie says:

time to retire, Federer? :sad:

27. arnie says:

come on you women Gunners!!!!!!! :) :)

28. GOONERKAM says:

SHARD
    I really don’t know. I agree that barka is mad to sell but then again a new manager and new requirements. New system. Maybe he (cesc) is not feeling the love from the fans that he used to get unconditionally at ARSENAL. maybe all this is media hogwash. All I know is it was the system that made many of our players exceptional and when they moved to a new club they could never really reach same heights. All I know is as tactics go the club has moved on but if the situation comes up AW will try to bring CF back for the right price. If AW makes that move cesc can count on my support and backing. Maybe not as fervent as last time but nevertheless behind him as a GUNNER. Maybe like so many others before him , he has realized he has made a mistake. Does he deserve a second chance after the way he engineered his move away? Maybe.
    Is it fair to all those that stayed behind and fought for the ARSENAL cause? Absolutely not.

29. GOONERKAM says:

Another sure thing. I hope I don’t ever see him in a manured or shitty shirt. Unfathomable.

Afternoon all, glad we have had a reasoned discussion on an ex player returning.

The thing that makes me think Cesc won’t sign for ManUre is his tweet following BSR being on front pages in a ManUre shirt…something like “I feel sick”. Now wouldn’t be like a professional footballer to change his mind but it was such a from the heart reaction, we know he hated leaving Arsene, and maybe now he has he can go anywhere. Any chance we can get Santi to put an Arsenal shirt on him at their post WC party?

31. Norfolk Gooner says:

If true the Aurier signing is a good thing, I confess I don’t know much about him but we desperately need a class right-back, sorry Jenks but it’s not your time yet.

We can surely do better than Remy.

Apparently we have a buy-back clause which gives us first option on The Homesick Spaniard for £25 million, seems a high price for a Barca reject. I can’t see him playing the defensive mid-fielder role, he doesn’t have the pace, so its him or Ramsey in the number ten shirt, I prefer a fully fit Ramsey.

Add the twenty-five million to the striker fund and get a good one.

32. GOONERKAM says:

GIE
    (0(… just like old times . Except I think ARSENAL players have much more class to pull a stunt like that.

33. arnie says:

1-0 Kelley Smith

1-0 Arsenal. Fine goal

35. arnie says:

very impressive, it has to be said. how are they bottom of the league?

GIE,

Good idea for a post.

If we used the returns to Arsenal of Henry and Keown as example’s then I would be all for the return of Cesc.

Talking of Keown makes me think that he is just the type of player we need – just ask that Ruud guy!

IMLTHO we lack a spine in the team and although his return would not solve that particular problem the additional explosiveness that he would bring would help to offset that weakness.

That said I very much doubt that Barca would sell one of their prize assets – unless it is at his request.

37. 26may1989 says:

2-0 to the Arse so far, could easily be more. Carter and Ohno, plus Smith, have looked great.

The women’s game in England is much more competitive now, not just Arsenal then all the rest, the way it was for years. But it is still disappointing that Arsenal have started the season so badly before this game.

Still, the league season is only four games in, plenty of time to catch up. Plus Arsenal have had a lot of personnel changes this year.

38. Happy Bear says:

GiE – I will sign the petition to bring our Cesc back where he belongs. It is true that we have more than enough of small midfielders already, but he is very special and if he is to come to UK, it must be to THOF.

I think Manu asked for him in last 2 summer transfer windows, but were refused. Will they try again this year? Probaby. Wenger and CEsc had a special relationship, Fabregeez was his babe. I am sure AW will want him back too and if we can afford him, he’ll buy

Will Wenger make him a captain again? Doubt it somehow

39. Happy Bear says:

Gooner Girls are the only team on the pitch right now!

Arsene should have another few bucks to buy players after the following announcement.

— “Arsenal Football Club and Cooper Tire Europe have announced a new long-term agreement that will see the Melksham-based manufacturer of 4×4 and performance passenger tyres become an official partner of the Club.

The partnership which will begin ahead of the 2014/2015 season was announced at the Arsenal Training Centre, with first-team members Mikel Arteta, Santi Cazorla, Laurent Koscielny and Per Mertesacker.

The exclusive sponsorship designates the 100-year-old Cooper brand as the first ‘Official Tyre of Arsenal Football Club’ for Europe, Russia, Middle East, South Africa and selected North African countries. It will involve the development of various advertising campaigns, marketing programmes and promotions designed to increase awareness and visibility of the Cooper brand.

The Cooper brand will be present across Emirates Stadium, with the sponsorship including pitchside and matchday programme advertising. Cooper will also be hosting customers from Europe, Middle East and Africa at Arsenal home games. Dealers will be supported with a range of in-store point of sale materials and Cooper will be developing content and competitions to further promote the partnership.

The partnership which will begin ahead of the 2014/2015 season
    The partnership which will begin ahead of the 2014/2015 season
    Vinai Venkatesham, Arsenal sales and marketing director, (is that our AA blogger?) said: “We’re thrilled to have Cooper Tire Europe on board and they join our expanding family of Commercial Partners. Cooper is clearly entering an exciting new era and going from strength to strength as a brand, so now is the ideal time to welcome them to the Club as an Official Partner.”

The agreement comes as Cooper, who operate a wide range of motorsport activities from rallycross to single-seater racing, continue a major marketing drive across Europe, which includes high-profile advertising campaigns and the appointment of key brand ambassadors, including ex-F1 star and BBC pundit, David Coulthard.
    Sarah McRoberts, marketing communications manager for Cooper Tire Europe, said: “We’re extremely happy to have secured this agreement with Arsenal Football Club, which is a truly world-class club. The sponsorship made perfect sense to us at Cooper as we share a real affinity with the club and its fans. Together, we are all driven by success and we’re very much looking forward to what I’m sure will be a very successful partnership.”

Keep them coming boys! :-)

I have not seen any comment regarding how much the deal is for, but Coopers are well known in America, and are probably on a par with GoodYear.

42. arnie says:

well done to the ladies. fine performance. :)

Every time Arsenal Ladies attacked, I was getting annoyed with the commentators’ biased shouting of ‘Oh, No!’

Took me a while to realise it was one of our Japanese Ladies, called Ohno. :-)

26,

The captain said Arsenal had ‘lost’ 8 of last year’s team, including transfer sales to Man City, Chelsea and Seattle etc.

Not a bad effort to win the cup in those circumstances. :-)

45. Happy Bear says:

Kelly Smith’s freekck was spectcular

46. arnie says:

Poor defending as well, but the second team goal was brilliant. And the shot that thundered off teh post in the first half. Yankey, was it? :)

I guess we now have an FA Cup wedding to announce – introducing;

Mr. & Mrs. Arsenal FA Cup.

I wonder who will design the rings and the emblem?

48. arnie says:

the cynic in me says the Cesc transfer rumour is the smokescreen for this silly season. not complaining even if it was. :razz:

49. Great post GiE.

If Barca want to sell Cesc – stupid Idea I know – and Cesc wants to come to Arsenal then I cannot see that AW would turn down the chance to have him play for us again.

Isn’t it true that Barca still owe us money anyway …… Henry, Cesc and Song?????? In that case Cesc returning doesn’t even touch the budget.

Having too many similar type mid-fielders hasn’t stopped Arsene before lol

50. Great win from the ladies – 2 FA cups :)

And now ……… Mertesacker or Koscielny and Giroud ……. a little bit of Germany methinks first and then some France :)

51. Silly Cesc, I told him not to go to Barca until he was 27/28, they haven’t really needed him but they sure will miss him.

52. GOONERKAM says:

CONGRATS TO THE LADY GUNNERS!!
    I suppose it is a double year after all.
    ARNIE
    the OHNO post of yours had me on the floor mate.
    This is big . Really big considering the transition the ARSENAL LADIES are going through at the moment. Maybe the cup win will bring a change of heart to KERR and she will continue with her work. Never mind the idiot ” fans “.
    Eight departures in one off season was always going to be a bridge too far.

53. GOONERKAM says:

OH NO. the ohno post belonged to RA.
    well done mate. Hilarious. Arnie, get on with it now.more funny posts.

54. arnie says:

oh no! I have been mistaken for Redders!! life is hard, I told you!! :)

The Germany – Cameroon game is lively. How is France – Paraguay?

55. Giroud playing central with Remy on the left. The French crowd are bored they’re doing a Mexican wave

56. That Sagna is playing really well :(

57. arnie says:

“That Sagna” :)

58. arnie says:

Ozil playing left in midfield, not very effective. Mert made a big big interception

59. arnie says:

no, my mistake. Ozil has freedom to move across the midfield.

60. RC78 says:

Cesc is a great player but I think that we have moved on…we really need steel in the middle of the park, pace on the sides and composure up front. I love Cesc but I do think that we need him at the moment.

From Barcelona, I would rather take Alves, Pedro or Sanchez if made available.

61. arnie says:

Cameroon 1-0 ahead.

62. arnie says:

Germany level. very good game

63. arnie says:

Germany 2-1 fantastic assist by Poldi

64. arnie says:

2-2 very good game

65. Happy Bear says:

GKam – I didn’t say that Froch WAS polish, but that he is proud of his roots and I am proud of him :) His pedigree is similar to Koscielny’s and Jagielka’s – grandparents from my country

66. Happy Bear says:

I just looked on NewsNow, deary me, it is already full of completely non-plausible rumours. Cesc to Liverpool and Malaga’s keeper to us, yeah sure

67. GOONERKAM says:

Ahhh. Fair enough HAPPY BEAR. He looks an amazing athlete and his record remarkable.

68. neamman says:

cant let Cesc go to another EPL club as he is a team changer. He can make a top 6 0r 7 team become a top 4

69. DidIt M says:

test

70. DidIt M says:

Ah ha, long time no annoy :-)

Read all posts, thank you all authors.

Can anyone tell me what position Pod played for the Krauts last night?

71. DidIt M says:

Evonne

I saw your comment the other day calling you-know-who “Gorgeous”.
    Stop it I beg you.

He’s been buggering off to the salon earlier and earlier preparing that temple of his for the summer season.

72. DidIt M says:

Ha Ha Ha ROLF LAMOW

Never tell me Newsnow is not the place to get the very best transfer rumours. Just look at what I found:

Arsenal and Manchester United target Angel Di Maria has no regard for English club Tottenham. The Real Madrid ace winger feels demeaned when his name was linked with the North Londoners, who have not been among Europe’s elite clubs for several years.
    Speaking about transfer rumours, the Argentine did not mince words when he said, “It hurts when you’re always doing your best for your club and then you hear that you might be going to Tottenham.”

Brilliant. The thought of joining them “hurts” and is “demeaning” :-)

Utter
    Welcome back.

Btw, I’m fully aware that it was you who started that gorgeous rubbish.
    When used by Evonne, we all know it is like the ultimate Polish insult for someone you despise. Coming from someone who thinks Wayne Rooney is cute, what else could it be possible to think?

74. DidIt M says:

I certainly did not start it, just zoomed in :-)

Only on a dongle, as moving back from satellite broadband to BT. It’s a trial, and not looking great. Reckon I’ll have me dish back up in no time.

75. DidIt M says:

Talking of names, my Utter Knob came from that Danish Hippy, although I can’t remember what prompted it. Was it what he perceived as my rather laissez-faire attitude to driving in Dortmund?

Relaxed is how I see my driving style.

No matter how I try, even the 3-5-2, I cannot crowbar Cesc into my team. Well, not with Mesut anyway.

It’s still a bigger faster DM for me.

I thought this from GIE’s post was aimed specifically at you. :)

“And what of tackling and winning back possession, well we all know you don’t have to a brick outhouse to play DM, a quick brain, quick feet, desire and aggression are equally desirable traits”

77. Happy Bear says:

Didit is back!! Wunderbar :) Gorgeous – I don’t think Wayne is cute; he has nice blue eyes and likes dogs and grannies, hence my liking of him. To dispel any further misunderstanding about me calling you gorgeous, from this day on I shall call you Sliczny

It was “Complete & Utter Knob” as I recall

Welcome back Young Didit.

79. arnie says:

motning all. Micky back to the fore. what a pleasure.

Evonne: who was that Real player you were swooning over? :razz:

Hiya Sliczny, good motning! :razz:

80. Happy Bear says:

Sergio Ramos :)
    Sliczny has gone to work now, me thinks and DidIt is herding the pigs

My son had told me that all the games will be at 10-11 at night. Is that right?

81. arnie says:

Here is Evonne’s gorgeous English hoodlum and another equally illustrious barsteward singing the national anthem.

82. arnie says:

I had the vision of Micky lying face down for a massage and the pigs running all over him. :)

I am still thinking about Peaches “Wading in” :-D

84. Happy Bear says:

It was before your time arnie when I mentioned in passing that Rory Delap was handsome; very public character (mine) assassination followed

85. arnie says:

Polish English dictionary

śliczny {adjective}

beautiful · lovely · purdy · bonny · bonnie

Synonyms
    cacy · ładny · piękny · gładki · niczego sobie · przystojny · urodziwy · zgrabny · baśniowy · niesamowity · nieziemski · niezwykły · tajemniczy · cudny · cudowny · czarowny · przecudowny · przepiękny · prześliczny · uroczy

Usage example

Motywem konferencji, za dwa lata, będą “Śliczne Zdjęcia Szczeniaków”. ~~~ (Śmiech)

And the theme, in two years, is going to be “Cute Pictures Of Puppies.”
    :) :) :)

86. arnie says:

Evonne. Reverting to a previously discussed subject, I think you are in good company in AA. Plenty of crazy and eccentric people here. :razz:

87. Happy Bear says:

arnie!!! Sliczny is not going to forgive me now :)

ffs, England v Italy at 23:00 :( :( :(

88. Happy Bear says:

what do you mean plenty, arnie? You name me just ONE normal blogger here, just the one

89. arnie says:

the troll. :razz:

90. arnie says:

Raddy: The imagery of Peaches wading in is not complete without the idea of trying to protect the injured arm at the same time. I mean wading in with one arm. Nevertheless Peaches wading in with one arm may be able to save Evonne! :razz:

91. Happy Bear says:

I thought you were going to say Peaches and I have already prepared examples of her madness, well eccentricity :)

92. arnie says:

Micky: Pod played left wing yesterday, and was OK in a rather average German side. Brilliant game though. Very competitive, end to end, fast and full of mistakes in the final third.

For the goal, he picked the ball up at 30-40 yards, dribbled one player, outran two others as he rushed down the left flank, managed to overtake the final defender just in time and crossed back, cross met with aplomb and GOAL. Good stuff.

Something mad going on with my internet so the new post will be late.

Wading out ;)

Normal bloggers? Are you suggesting BR’s lift stops short of the top floor?

95. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all,
    Getting back to signings, I see Mario Balotelli, and Loic Remy has been linked to us. Apparently Wenger has been asking about their availability, I can remember Wenger being interested in Balotelli before.

Any takers on either

96. arnie says:

Evonne. One I told a German colleagues that most academics were a bit eccentric. He asked whether this included him. I said I thought so. That was a disaster! Anyway, long story, more later. :razz: have to rush now,.

97. arnie says:

I am for Balotelli, and I liked the Giroud-Remy combination yesterday. I am for both, plus Aurier, Cesc and Schwarzer. :razz:

98. stevepalmer1 says:

Arnie son, your talking my language :).

99. arnie says:

Steve. :)

100. stevepalmer1 says:

Take it steady mate.

101. Great post from GiE, had over 6,000 hits although sadly not many new commentators.

We have a New Post ………………..

AW has often talked about signings removing the opportunities for youth players, yet recently he seems very excited by the prospect of having the money to buy almost any player.

Wonder how this will pan out. Bellerin looks a prospect at RB and is perhaps 2 years away from the first team – or will he gamble with Jenks with Bellerin as understudy?

Upfront. These are the most expensive signings and we have seen AW has faith in Sanogo. Again it will be interesting to see if he will sign a big name forward, an ageing star (like Villa) or no-one. My guess is we will be back in for Drexler.

Back up GK. Does he trust Martinez who is another fine prospect or keep Viviano or buy give an ageing PL keeper a healthy pension plan?

No idea but fun to think about.

The more I think about the Cesc situation, especially in light of RA’s comment – I doubt he will return. Also we have a wonderful Cesc type player coming through the ranks in Dan Crowley

103. Norfolk Gooner says:

Morning all, Yes to Balotelli, no to Remy, Wenger’s not interested in The Homesick Spaniard, at least according to the Telegraph.

Great result by the Arsenal Ladies!!

According to the Telegraph reporter “Arsenal Ladies manager, Shelley Kerr, bowed out with her head held high”. The woman must be a contortionist. :D