She Wore.

There are signs up in Islington warning about traffic disruption for the Arsenal Victory parade on Sunday – I don’t like it. We fans know that there is many a slip twix’t the Cup and the Lip :-D

But today is a day to rejoice; a day when we can enjoy the pre-match excitement until the kick-off and a day to hail the efforts of our great team to bring us to Wembley. After kick-off is another matter entirely. For BR it will be an afternoon of prayer and working out which of my family can be sacrificed to ensure victory. Needs must.

Let’s be honest, if this was a league game at The Emirates against a depleted Hull, we would be confident – make that very confident – it is just that the game is at New Wembley (where we have yet to win in 90 mins) and is hugely important to the fans and the team. And most importantly we have screwed up these games before. Lack of bottle? Poor tactics? An inherent weakness in recent Wenger teams? Who knows – all I know is I still feel the pain of our last Wembley disaster.

images

He wore, he wore …

Another chap who probably squirms at the word Wembley is young Szczesny, which brings us nicely onto the first of our selection considerations. TPIG 1 or TPIG 2? Does Mr Wenger reward Fabainski’s work over the years he has been at the club or does he give his first choice keeper the shirt knowing he will be here next season? Both will do the job, both are excellent keepers. To me this is a head or heart question. Head = Chesney, heart = Fab. Given how pragmatic Wenger is it would not surpass me to see Fabianski on the bench, but I really hope he gets picked because without his heroics in the semi-final penalty shoot out, we wouldn’t be there (though TPIG 1 is an excellent penalty stopper).

Given this is likely to be a midfield battle should Flamini play? Huddlestone is a big unit and probability Hull’s best player. Can our lightweight MF’s cope?

Sanogo? He has started games in the cup matches and even in the Champions League. I know – no chance!!

If we win and Vermaelen is not on the pitch, should he go up to pick up the Cup? Terry did. Or will it be Arteta?

In reality the team picks itself. Had JW made an early recovery from injury he may have had a shout as a starter but he didn’t.

My Team:

fa c 2

I would love there to be space for Rosicky, JW, Ox and TV but sadly they will be riding the pine. This team is our best eleven at the moment and has easily enough skill, power and above all imagination to beat Hull.

I suppose I should write a little about Hull. Trouble is I wrote about them just a couple of weeks ago and although I am sure you have forgotten all of my post it is just repetition.

What is for certain is that the Hull team will be bursting lungs, arteries, muscles and blood vessels to beat Arsenal today. Imagine saying to your children “this is my FA Cup Winners medal” – how fantastic must that be? Certainly better than “We got to play at Wembley but got beaten and this is my Loser’s medal”.

Squishy Nose Bruce will be saying the undeniable “It is just eleven vs eleven and if you want it enough you will win”. He is right except our heroes also are better players. Hull’s best chance is to battle and harry, to “get in our faces”.  They have the players to do so.

How do you think the game will develop? I am hoping to be three up at half-time, Didit will be looking for a last minute of extra time winner (he is a young man with a strong heart). Whatever happens I want us to win – I would love us to do so with brio and Wengerball but I would take a scrappy own goal and a poor display – as long as we win.

Prediction: Podolski or Cazorla will score a screamer from the edge of the area and if Ramsey plays well we will win – there I’ve said it and put a bok on the lads. They are likely to play terribly :-(

Like the vast majority I will be watching this at home, bereft and sad that I am not with my heroes. I wasn’t there in Paris for the CL Final, I wasn’t there for the Birmingham caper,  I wasn’t there for the FAC Final losses to West Ham or Ipswich. My point being that my non-appearance at a final can be costly, in other words …. does anyone have a spare?  I can fly over as long as I have a few hours notice!

That said I wasn’t there for the ’71 double win against Liverpool and I was in Paris for the “Nayim” loss – so they aren’t all bad portents for this afternoon.

To those lucky blighters who have tickets, Big Raddy and the entire Arsenal world wish you a fantastic day.

Today is 6 weeks since our good friend and great Gunner DanDan died.  Wouldn’t be a fitting end to his final season if Arsenal won the Cup? Let it be So ……

COYRR Gunners

written by Big Raddy

175 Responses to She Wore.

1. LBG says:

Thanks for your post Raddy on a day of days. May all our dreams be fulfilled.

2. Beautiful banner Rasp :) :) :) skips away humming ‘she wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon …………’

3. North London will be rocking tonight and really hope everything you say comes true. Focus is key. Head over to http://backpagebanter.wordpress.com/ and have a look at some of our thoughts. COYG!

4. GOONERKAM says:

Yay BIG RADDY.
    well done on the prematch. I want a good clean game of football with minimal dark arts and noooo controversy. You think probert will oblige?? I hope so and I hope lady luck is also on our side. Smiling.

5. Bt62 Gooner says:

SHE WORE SHE WORE!!! Lets go to war!! AFFA!!!

A very special Pre-Match Raddy, and had my interest hooked from the start! :-)

It is a bit weird that the game does not kick off until 5 p.m. and there seems no reason to break with tradition – but I suppose that the TV companies rule nowadays. [not that I am being negative on such a day! :-)

7. Shard says:

A wonderful Raddy pre-match to what is going to be a wonderful day.. (Well..Night for me)

I don’t know what to do till the match. I surely can’t do anything productive today. And if I keep trawling the Arsenal websites all day I’ll probably just get nervous.

RA
    I’m a little annoyed that our game kicks off at the same time as the most exciting finale that I can remember in La LIga. (Could have been even more exciting with a Mexican stand-off, if Real Madrid hadn’t slipped up last week) Oh well, La Liga’s loss I suppose.

Ok..going to go think of something else to do other than wait for Arsenal to take to the field.

Terrific PM Raddy. I love the anticipation of history in the making. If we win this, I do believe it will kick start us into a new era in Arsenal’s illustrious history.

I love these guys and all my fellow supporters, we really deserve this. No ridiculous unnecessary sending off and I believe we will win in style.

She wore, she wore …………

I have mown the lawn, hoovered the house and am about to sort out my summer/winter clothes – should take about an hour.

How the hell am I going to fill the rest of the time until kick-off?

And how stupid of La Liga to kick off the Barca vs Athletico match at the same time. :-(

No surprise it is quiet on the site today but I hope there will be someone around during the game to share tension.

My memory is not what it used to be, yellow, yellow, yellow, if I say it enough times it will sink in.

COYRRG

Wow a banner to beat all banners.Well thought out Rasp.

Another excellent pre match Raddy.

I think we all feel confident yet at the samr time extremely nervous.
    Can the real Arsenal turn up please :)

I hope Fabianski starts for two reasons. He got us there and our other Pole does have his mad moments in some big matches.

BR

Yes, it is a big game going on in Spain but don’t be tempted by it, best stick with the Arsenal game.

I’m started to get excited.

Yellow, yellow, yellow, must remember it.

16. 26may1989 says:

It’s hit me, I am in full “Arsenal are in the FA Cup Final” mode!!! I couldn’t give a toss about the number of years without silverware, I just want to see the mighty Arse win in the English game’s best match.

She wore, she wore, she wore a yellow ribbon in the merry month of May!!

Oh and thanks, Raddy.

Re -strung both acoustic guitars …. now what?

18. Get the dinner ready ………………

19. LB – where are you watching the game? I’ve got a spare in Club level at the Emirates cos that Rasp is playing cricket ……..

20. dhakka09 says:

excellent post BR; apologies for not being here in the comments in recent times but even afar, my watchful gaze always follows AA whenever I can. Let’s beat that tryphyless-clockmeter to dust, shall we! :)

Really super warm up to the Final Raddy – thank you.

I cannot envisage anything other than a decisive win followed by mayhem in N5. Arsenal are by far the superior side and, for once, we will have a strong bench, if needed.

My son and myself will be taking a 2.5 hour drive to visit my old local The Mad Hatter in Mississauga where we will meet up with a bunch of my old Arsenal mates and will also be meeting neamman. it will be the first time that I have met up with a fellow AAer.

Only 5.25 hours to kick off – like a lot of us I had an iffy nights sleep – way too excited.

I simply yearn to be walking up and down the streets around Highbury soaking up the atmosphere and looking at all the flags and banners – its a part of my life that is left sadly wanting.

We will win cos SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON.

What did she wear – SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON.

Did I say – SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON.

Lets hear ya now – SHE WORE A YELLOW RIBBON.

22. Sav from Australia says:

Top pre-match, Raddy.

5 hours to kick-off and my nerves are going. Like you I am watching at home and I have my brother to keep me company. Its 2am kick-off in Sydney.

Have the pre-match drinks commenced in England?

The kick off is at noon here in London, Ontario, Canada Sav.

I’m not nervous yet but if its 0-0 after 80 minutes then I will be completely frazzled.

24. Sav from Australia says:

Hehe GunnerN5 noon kick-off is nice.

I’ve been nervous since yesterday, had a fitfull sleep and tried everything I could think of to not think of Arsenal.

Alas, Arsenal is all I have in my head.

25. Brilliant brilliant banner Vines Gunners

Yes its a very civilised time for us and the bar opens at 11:00am so we will all the nicely oiled prior to the game.

I don’t want to think of anything other than an Arsenal win and our Captain hoisting the Cup over his head.

Well we are off now on our drive to the The Mad Hatter so I will be back later in the day – maybe when the British AAers are already in bed.

Incredible banner Ant hoist it proudly for all AAers.

28. TwentyTwelve says:

Good luck to the team. Enjoy the match everyone. Will be with you in spirit, but will be present at a family gathering instead.

29. neamman says:

Ahh bad omen. I went to iron my TOFFS yellow 1950 shirt and the iron was dirty and marked the collar . I don’t want GN5 to think Im a dirty old man so I had to fiund another lucky yellow shirt. I have the 1997 away shirt, its a player issue for Alberto Mendes, a German squad player we had then. Maybe he will bring our Germans luck today!!

30. Not sure if this a good sign or bad sign, but Ton Hundredstone has stopped the Hull bus outside a Greggs The Bakers for the renewal of his Greggs season ticket !.

COYG

Brilliant BR – simply brilliant.

And wonderfully teed up by Gn5 yesterday with his walk down FA Cup Memory Lane.

Oooooh… Excited, nervous…. But mostly excited – it’s Cup Fibal Day!!!

Let’s have the first trophy of the AA era please!

AND IF I ASK HER WHY THE HELL SHE WEARS IT
    SHE WEARS IT FOR THE ARSENAL AND WE’RE GOING TO WEMBERLEY…

WEMBERLEY… WEMBERLEY…

Cockie :)

Just back from a cycle around town in my home shirt 2011. Lots of admiring looks and quite a few good lucks (I think that was what they said – could have been the F word!)

Cook a lunch. Then it must be time for the pre-match on BBC.

This day is interminable and I am getting more nervous as kick-off approaches.

34. GOONERKAM says:

” get the dinner ready…… ”
    HAHAHA
    Amazing banner CHAS. looks awesome.. BOOOOOM….

35. GOONERKAM says:

WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL…… WE LOVE YOU ARSENAL…..
    ARSENAL
    WE LOVE YOU!!!!!!!

36. WHY OH WHY is it a 5pm kick off!!!!

My arse is going to be twitching like Harry Redknapp by the time we kick off!

Getting more and more nervous by the hour. Looking forward to a cracking game though.

37. ai-zed says:

great banner!!…greater pre match…..greatest tension!!!!……this match has actively killed all forms of procrastination as I have been doing things I planned to do next week today!!….still have so much waiting & nail biting to do……the match is 5pm here in Nigeria & believe me its absolutely been a crazy wait 2.5hrs to go now…..why the bloody hell did she wear a yellow ribbon?! COS THE MIGHTY GUNNER ARE ABOUT TO PAINT THE WHOLE OF LONDON REDDDD!!!!!!! get out your chlorine bleaches totts !!!!else you all will be wearing red jerseys next season!!! COYRRG!!!!!!
    PS i’ll be here BR….all game long

Squeaky squeak squeak.

My fellow passengers are not happy.

Half hour and I’ll be at Tavern, a pint or two then off to Emirates for the screening.

First fan I saw today was a bloody Hull fan!! Next twenty or so have been Gooners. At least three Gooners in each train carriage I’ve been in, most so far on this one I guess heading to screening.

COYRRG!!!!

What did she wear?

She wore a teensy weensy yellow polka dot bikini.

41. jnyc says:

COYG

42. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Cracking Pre Match Randy.

May joy and wonderment be bestowed upon Gooners the world over this afternoon.

Let DanDan be smiling from on high come full time

43. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Oh and big howdy to all on ArsenalArsenal

44. Nicholas says:

Anyone know of a place where I can watch it online?

Arsenal starting XI: Fabianski, Sagna, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Gibbs, Arteta, Ramsey, Cazorla, Ozil, Podolski, Giroud Subs: Szczesny, Vermaelen, Rosicky, Wilshere, Monreal, Flamini, Sanogo

46. ai-zed says:

one hour more people!!!! what the hell did she wear??!!!!!!!!!

47. We sneaked into Highbury :)

48. Danny says:

No Jenkinson on the bench. Not very nice.

49. ai-zed says:

30 minutes all……….was it a yellow ribbon?!!!!

I am not sure but I believe she was wearing yellow

I got 11/11. Good portent?

52. ai-zed says:

indeed it was……and she said its ‘cos we are going to WEMBERLY!!!!!!!!……in 20minutes!!!!

Almost time for the teams to come out. Must be time for my first of many beers

Gooners in great voice already

55. ai-zed says:

English anthem …God save the Queen …(who I heard is a gooner) kick off in 5 …..COYRRG?!!!!!!!!!!!

56. So are we ……… Raddy you should have come

FFS

Come on boys. Concentrate.

Just hold the bloody ball

58. Bugger, we barely touched the ball

59. ai-zed says:

Oh dear

60. Now we’ve got to work really hard whereas Hull can play as they like

61. ai-zed says:

YES!!!!!!!!!!! super f***ing santi!!!!!!! GET IN!!!!!!!

62. Adrian says:

No matter what happens after this game a serious post mortem has to be done on the way we crumble whenever we start on the back foot especially if we concede early. Poor mentality/leadership perhaps?

63. NOT GOOD.

We must score next and early if possible.

2 long balls into our box and 2 goals, aswell as 1 cleared off the line. Same happened at Anfield.

Terrible start to the game. The 3 Hull CB’s totally dominant at set plays and are still dangerous.

Have to admit that Hull are playing much better than I thought possible.

Ramsey not in the game yet. Ozil trying too hard and needs to relax.

45 mins to turn things around

FGG Correct about scoring early.

I can’t believe the first two goals,could have been three.Hull using Stoke tactics but Ramsey and Ozil really need to up their game. Even with Santi’s great free kick we are playing at 50% of our capacity.

Why do we always start so poorly ?

Need a quick goal and finish it in 90 minutes.

Giroud is playing so shite,he must score :)

68. fatgingergooner says:

Where is the energy and passion?

Seems so slow. Just like the Wigan game.

69. This is torture :(

Three stone wall penalties not given, is it not our day

71. ai-zed says:

KOS DA BOSS!!!!!!!!!

72. Cue madness at the Emirates

73. Adrian says:

Fking joke of a ref and an even worse commentator. How the fk was that not a penalty on Cazorla? And the commentator had the cheek to say “It was just a brush”. It was a freaking knee from behind on Cazoa.

74. Sav from Australia says:

My nerves!

Come on boys, keep the faith, you can do it!!

75. ai-zed says:

Oh!!! the torture !!!!!! who will bell the cat? feel sad for Gibbs..such a miss

Lee Probert is a complete front bottom. 2 nailed on pens and probably another for the handball and yet another for the pull back on OG.

We have to avoid giving away stupid free kicks which allow them to pile bodies into our area.

Ramsey just not at the races today. I would give Rosicky a run.

And Pod looked hugely miffed when subbed.

Arsenal, please, please , please finish them in the next 30 minutes. My ageing heart cannot take penalties.

This is a game we needed Ramsey at his best,but not so far.Ozil has improved.Might see Rosicky come on for Ramsey

au-zed don’t remind me of Gibbs miss – even my gran could have scored it and she has been dead for almost 20 years ….

We are completely on top but it just isn’t happening.

Sanogo is having a shocker. Trying hard but out of his depth.

Time for Ramsey to be subbed,

Arteta has been magnificent this afternoon.

80. ai-zed says:

Jack & Mozart ….plz dear lads …plzzzzzzzz!!!!!!!

81. Sav from Australia says:

Lets win this thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

82. ai-zed says:

RAMBO!!!!!!!!!!!!

83. ai-zed says:

Come on you rip roaring gunners!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my 2011 champagne chilling so STRONG!!!!!!! its silver and its coming to the red side of London!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It’s a disgrace.

Arsenal have not won a trophy for NIne Minutes!

85. Adrian says:

I’m gonna turn homosexual just for Aaron Ramsey.

86. HE WORE, HE WORE, HE WORE A WINNERS MEDAL…..!!

GET IN RAMBO MY SON!!!

87. ai-zed says:

& Ramsey is officially my player of the season!!!!! Welsh Hero!!!! BR!!!!!! I am so losing my mind!!!!!!! ChelShit fans here going ape shit with “after 9 years” blab!! OH!!!! BoY!!!!! tears!!! Bloody tears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

88. Sav from Australia says:

What a match!

Aaron is a beast! Zidane, what!!! Aaron and Ozil AND DIABY!!!

FA CUP Arsenal I love you, you deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

89. Bayonne Jean says:

That had to be an FA Cup final for most coronaries!

90. AND THEY SAY IT ISNT WORTH WINNING!

I am one happy, make that very very happy man.

Beautiful goal to finish it.

92. GOONERKAM says:

AMD THE ERA OF THE ARSENAL JUGGERNAUT BEGINS
    …………………………………………….

BTW Lee Probert is still a front bottom.

Yeeehaaaaaaa from the Hull end Wembly B-)

Vermaelen picks up the Cup!

I could cry ….

96. SharkeySuresGhost says:

Wow !!!!!!!!!!

Giroud to Rambo, Gooners to Heaven !!

Breaking out the champagne.

Gutted I wasn’t there but still a proud Gunner.

2 down after 8 minutes and I was seriously worried. Santi gave us hope but that was a tense 120 mins in the Raddy household

Fantastic back heel from OG to Rambo to score the winner. No other CF in the PL can combine like that.

Great touch for a Big Man :-D

99. Kelsey – 26may has offered to write a natch report. Shall I tell him yes?

Can’t we have two?

I would like to read something from both of them

Yes he can peaches,no problem.

I would give joint man of the match to Santi for his excellent 60 minutes and getting us back in the game, Ramsey for the winner and Gibbs not once but twice saving us.

102. Adrian says:

Why is Ozil and Vermalean sitting in the dressing room while the rest of the squad are celebrating with the fans out on the pitch? Not a really nice sight..

Yes he can do the natch report ;) I will just comment.

104. Manthan says:

Adrian I can see both celebrating where they are sitting in dressing room??

105. pretty sure my a**e couldve chewed a toffie during extra time!!!

cant wait to watch the full thing again when i get home about midnight!

106. Adrian says:

Keep watching and you’ll see a brief shot of Wenger walking into the dressing room in an Arsenal sweater after changing from his champagne soaked shirt. You can see Verm and Ozil sitting down in the background and I believe one of the BT hosts mentioned it as well.

107. Adrian says:

I like how Sanogo is appearing on every camera and disturbing other players interviews though, he sure is the one of the most excited of the bunch hahaha.

FGG,

Never heard that before, but I know what you mean!! :-)

109. Manthan says:

Sorry Here in india fucking cricket broadcasting started.. #HopeAllisWell

110. RA

Dont let that image ruin your celebrations!!! :)

111. GOONERKAM says:

CONGRATULATIONS ALL….
    GLORY GLORY ARSENAL………..

We will rejoice no doubt but there are many lessons to be learnt from this season and this match and we definitely need strengthening.

Cup Finals can be a strange beast but all credit to coming back from 2-0 down to win which hasn’t been done since the sixties.

113. nobody can question the desire and spirit after that. To come back after such a long season and pull it out of the bag is brilliant.

Was it technically great? no
    Was it full of tempo and great passing? no

but this new squad can find ways to win where previous squads couldnt. Hats off to them.

For now, its celebration time. In 3 months we can assess the squad and see where we stand ready for pushing on next year.

Has Podolski got a future with us ? Subbed on 61 but looked the most elated at the final whistle.

The relief on Wenger’s face will stay long in the memory.

115. Hendon Gunner says:

Ozil is in the dressing room because he gave his boots away and was putting on some footwear!

This weekend is a time for celebration not an in depth critique of the team., that will come later in the summer.

But for now…

We won the Cup
    We won the Cup
    Ee -aye – addio We won the Cup :-D :-D

Haha – just saw BR’s comment shortly before the winner was scored calling for Ramsey to be subbed :)

(sorry Radddy)

FGG 8.17 ROLF

Well said BR
    WE WON THE CUP!!!

Did we put in a flawless performance? No.

Does it matter?

120. Shard says:

I don’t have the words to describe my happiness. Just to see Wenger be genuinely appreciated by the players, the dignitaries and the fans was brilliant. And finally, a trophy. Worth the wait, but hopefully the wait won’t be as long anymore.

Screwed up start to the game, but great spirit to come back in the face of the worst advertisement for the standards of English refereeing. 4 penalties denied, but nothing was going to stop us from winning today. I am so proud of the team and the club. Well done, and thank you for a very fun season indeed, capped off brilliantly with a day at Wembley and a trophy.

Sign da ting Wenger.. And you too Sagna.

Probert’s performance was the worst I’ve ever seen by a ref in an FA Cup final.

Admittedly I haven’t been paying especially close attention in the last few years, but I’d be confident that Probert is a stand-out pillock.

RL. That is why you will never read any tactics in my posts!

That said I did say in the pre-match that Santi would score from the edge of the area and that if Ramsey plays well we will win :-D

Peaches

I have only now seen your kind offer. Thank you.

Next year I will take up your offer, although, in fairness, it should be our turn to get the real ones.

Not giving a penalty when Santi was tripped by some mutant was appalling refereeing.

125. Shard says:

Haha.. To be fair to Raddy, Ramsey was looking tired and was wasteful before that. :)

I’m just joshing with you BR. I was suggesting the same thing to my assembled friends and family, who enjoyed reminding me when the Welsh Jesus produced his miracle.

127. Shard says:

Just watching the German Cup final.. Can someone tell me whether they have seedings in the German Cup for determining the draw? This seems to be the 3rd time I think, that the two best sides in Germany are playing in the final of the cup.

Ozil was brilliant. Some of the passes he made were outstanding, shame the recipients do not share his breathtakingly brilliant talent.

OK, I know there is a man crush thing going on here.

I had my whole family here -all dressed in red and white including my 5 day old grand daughter.

Wonderful that we won a trophy in Dandan’s final season and her first.

“Welsh Jesus” hahahahahahahahaha

Shard
    Dortmund are the Arsenal of this game. Perfectly good goal not given (ball clearly crossed the line) then the odious little road Robben scores :(

*toad, of course

BR
    Our dog, Dennis Bergkamp, wore his Arsenal scarf all day. It’s a bit chewed, but I’d like to think he enjoyed being part of the experience.

134. Shard says:

Rocky

Yes I saw that. I didn’t want to mention anything about the game just in case someone wanted to watch it on replay tomorrow. I just found out the result of the la liga title because of a comment on another blog and it was slightly annoying.. But Arsenal won so I can stay happy :)

I guess this win makes it a succesful season 🏆

136. Well, well, well – we made hard work of it but as Gooners we should expect that.

So who’s going the parade tomorrow and where are you going to be drinking ? I’m going to have a few lunchtime Peronis to commemorate this historic event.

You bet BR

This is the opening of the floodgates for this group of players.

138. Shard says:

The entire day I was waiting for the match and couldn’t really get anything done because my mind was elsewhere. Now I’m too excited to do anything other than wanting to relive the goals and the celebrations at the end. Can’t even sleep..

Btw I’m over the silver wear already….

PS 4.5 hours since we won a trophy
    :D

145. Brigham says:

Still drunk and on the port – loving it

146. rhyle says:

ladies, gents…WHAT A DAY. Arsenal Arsenal remains the only real place to come to read…measured, honest Arsenal fans opinions…great work this season!!!

He in time for ET…..marvellous.

148. fatgingergooner says:

Wow! Just watched the replay. Amidst all the joy I never noticed what a great finish that was by Ramsey. Technically brilliant goal.

Also never heard Wenger afterwards basically saying that if we had lost he would’ve considered his future. He said he wanted to see how the game went before confirming his signature. Hopefully now he will sign on.

Absolutely amazing day and fair play to Hull who were outstanding.

It really feels like this is a turning point in our clubs future and I’m so so happy for Arsene. He has his faults and isn’t perfect, but he doesn’t deserve half of the shite he gets from some sections of our support.

149. rhyle says:

agreed FGG…he’s deserved SOME of the criticism he’s received…not all of it…but by the same token he deserves the praise when he gets it right. Unbelievably…some gooners elsewhere still being very neggy about the game today…

WE WON THE FA CUP. This is good news.

150. arnie says:

Fantastic pre-match, Raddy. A brilliant run of Raddy pre-match sequences ends for the year. We should really preserve these somewhere. Absolutely fantastic. :)

Fantastic day as well. Met Peaches, GiE and Evonne and enjoyed the telecast with them at the Ems. Including a sneaking tour of Highbury. Met Rasp briefly as well.

The only downside of the day was comments being repeatedly thrown out by WordPress. :sad: So, this is another test. More reflections and photos tomorrow.

151. arnie says:

Very glad we made the decision to travel to the Ems all the way from Dundee, Scotland. Despite the 9 hours of driving for the day. I will do a travelogue of the day later, but will upload some snaps later today. :)

A very very happy Gooner. :) :razz:

Good Motning,

What a wonderful feeling this morning, I am still high.

As FGG says, Hull were as good as I have ever seen them, took their chances well and could easily have won the game (Gibbs two goal line clearances). If they had been playing any other team I would be sorry for them.

So much to talk about but I will wait until the 26 match report rather than pre-empt it.

154. GOONERKAM says:

Good & glorious morning to all. and congratulations again.
    BIG RADDY
    you will always associate this wonderful FA CUP win with your beautiful five day old baby grand daughter. How great for her. :-)
    may I suggest GLORY as an apt middle name.

155. GOONERKAM says:

What a gorgeous banner there up top.
    ARSENAL FOOTBALL CLUB……
    HOLDERS FA CUP ’14.
    I need to wallpaper that…

156. oz gunner says:

What a glorious day. The look on Arsene’s face said it all. Massive sigh of relief. They did it!!!

Yessssssssssssssssssss

(Could have been a dream :-) )

Right, must read comments.

158. stevepalmer1 says:

Morning all FA cup holders again.:)
    Good Post Raddy, you got everything right i see :)

A very good day for all Gooners, a tricky start but nothing is won till the final whistle, and Arsene’s face was a picture all evening, to say he lives breathe’s Arsenal is an understatement he is Arsenal.

I think we all realise that although this group of players worked hard and stuck with the job in hand, we do need more fire in this group of players.

Arsene has confirmed what many were unsure of as staying for another couple of years but deep down was it ever considered that he would actually leave.

Monkey off the back, and i can hear the pundits now changing tact, when did the Arsenal.last win the league.

Got a pic from inside the ground of the Chas banner. From the Hull end !!!

Right, more coffee, much more

160. stevepalmer1 says:

RIP Dan Dan, your club never let you down.

Have to watch the game on a screen. Didn’t see the Ramsey goal clearly at all, so was looking forward to waking up and seeing clips.

Now I’m not entirely surprised he’s not with us, as when I spoke to him just before we went into the ground, he sounded very, very…..what’s the word….oh yes, Happy :-)

MORNING ANYONE WITH A HANGOVER :-)

163. GOONERKAM says:

(0(
    I do believe I lost some brain cells yesterday but it was worth it. I wasn’t using those particular ones anyways. Hydration, more hydration.

Yeah I’ve got a hangover….losing it by shifting the sleepers that were removed from one path to another…..sweating it out!

165. Can I get on …………..

166. Morning Happy Gooners

We have a New Post ………………

Morning Guys and Gals, :-)

Fantastic feeling, and the final 10 minutes were a mixture of ecstasy and nerve jangling terror that even then we might have victory would be snatched from our grasp.

Who cares now? We bloody well won!! 🏆